EAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Enzyme structure. Part J ScienceDirect
- Enzyme structure. Part K ScienceDirect
- Enzyme structure. Part L ScienceDirect
- Enzyme- and transporter-based drug-drug interactions 2010, Springer
- Enzymes and their inhibition 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Enzymes in the environment 2002, CRCnetBASE1. Enzyme Activities and Microbiological and Biochemical Processes in Soil / Paolo Nannipieri, Ellen Kandeler, and Pacifico Ruggiero -- 2. Ecology of Microbial Enzymes in Lake Ecosystems / Ryszard Jan Chróst and Waldemar Siuda -- 3. Ecological Significance of Bacterial Enzymes in the Marine Environment / Hans-Georg Hoppe, Carol Arosti, and Gerhard F. Herndl -- 4. Enzymes and Microorganisms in the Rhizosphere / David C. Naseby and James M. Lynch -- 5. Enzymes in the Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Symbiosis / José Manuel García-Garrido, Juan Antonio Ocampo, and Inmaculada García-Romera -- 6. Microbes and Enzymes Associated with Plant Surfaces / Alan P. Thompson and Mark J. Bailey -- 7. Microbial Enzymes in the Biocontrol of Plant Pathogens and Pests / Leonid Cherin and Ilan Chet -- 8. Microbiology and Enzymology of Carbon and Nitrogen Cycling / Robert L. Tate III -- 9. Enzyme and Microbial Dynamics of Litter Decomposition / Robert L. Sinsabaugh, Margaret M. Carreiro, and Sergio Alvarez -- 10. Fungal Communities, Succession, Enzymes, and Decomposition / Annelise H. Kjøller and Sten Struwe -- 11. Enzyme Adsorption on Soil Mineral Surfaces and Consequences for the Catalytic Activity / Hervé Quiquampoix, Sylvie Servagent-Noinville, and Marie-Hélène Baron -- 12. Microbes and Enzymes in Biofilms / Jana Jass, Sara K. Roberts, and Hilary M. Lappin-Scott -- 13. Search for and Discovery of Microbial Enzymes from Thermally Extreme Environments in the Ocean / Jody W. Deming and John A. Baross -- 14. Molecular Methods for Assessing and Manipulating the Diversity of Microbial Populations and Processes / Søren J. Sørensen, Julia R. de Lipthay, Anne Kirstine Müller, Tamar Barkay, Lars H. Hansen, and Lasse Dam Rasmussen -- 15. Bioindicators and Sensors of Soil Health and the Application of Geostatistics / Ken Killham and William J. Staddon -- 16. Hydrolytic Enzyme Activities to Assess Soil Degradation and Recovery / Tom W. Speir and Des J. Ross -- 17. Enzymatic Responses to Pollution in Sediments and Aquatic Systems / Sabine Kuhbier, Hans-Joachim Lorch, and Johannes C.G. Ottow -- 18. Microbial Dehalogenation Reactions in Microorganisms / Lee A. Beaudette, William J. Staddon, Michael B. Cassidy, Marc Habash, Hung Lee, and Jack T. Trevors -- 19. Isolated Enzymes for the Transformation and Det6xification of Organic Pollutants / Liliana Gianfreda and Jean-Marc Bollag -- 20. Enzyme-Mediated Transformations of Heavy Metals/Metalloids: Applications in Bioremediation / Robert S. Dungan and William T. Frankenberger, Jr. -- 21. Enzymes in Soil: Research and Developments in Measuring Activities / M. Ali Tabatabai and Warren A. Dick.
- Eosinophilic esophagitis 2012, Springer
- Epidemic of medical errors and hospital-acquired infections 2012, CRCnetBASE"'Do no harm' a particularly leading and important phrase in the delivery of healthcare is not working. In fact depending on the epidemiological approach and which data sets one applies, medical errors, hospital acquired infections (HAIs) and pharmaceutical errors combined are the second or third leading killer of Americans annually: approximately 300,000 die from a combination of medical errors, hospital acquired infections (HAIs), and pharmaceutical errors...100,000 per category. Add to these numbers the hundreds of thousands who are harmed (morbidity) but not killed (mortality) changing quality of life and a substantial problem is defined"--Provided by publisher.
- Epidemics and pandemics SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialPreface -- Epidemic in Athens, 430-427 B.C.E. -- Malaria in ancient Rome -- Plague of the Antonines -- First plague pandemic, 541-747 -- Smallpox epidemic in Japan, 735-737 -- Leprosy in medieval Europe -- Second plague pandemic, 1346-1844 -- "French disease" in sixteenth-century Europe -- Epidemics in sixteenth-century America -- Epidemics and the Thirty Years' War, 1618-1648 -- Plague in Italian cities, 1630s -- Epidemics in China, 1640-1644 -- Plague in London, 1665 -- Smallpox in Iceland, 1707-1709 -- Plague in Marseilles, 1720-1722 -- Smallpox in Boston, 1721 -- Smallpox in eighteenth-century Europe -- Plague in Moscow, 1771 -- Influenza pandemic, 1781-1782 -- Yellow fever in Hispaniola, 1793-1804 -- Yellow fever in Philadelphia, 1793 -- First cholera pandemic, 1817-1824 -- Consumption in the nineteenth century -- Second cholera pandemic, 1827-1835 -- Third cholera pandemic, 1839-1856 -- "Fevers" and the great famine in Ireland, 1846-1850 -- Typhoid fever in cities, 1850-1920 -- Yellow fever in New Orleans, 1853 -- Fourth cholera pandemic, 1863-1875 -- Carrion's disease in Peru, 1870-1871 -- Smallpox in Europe, 1870-1875 -- Measles in Fiji, 1875 -- Fifth cholera pandemic, 1881-1896 -- Influenza pandemic, 1889-1890 -- Cholera epidemic in Hamburg, 1892 -- Third plague pandemic, 1894-? -- Sixth cholera pandemic, 1899-1923 -- Sleeping sickness in east central Africa, 1900-1905 -- Typhoid Mary's "epidemics" -- Cholera epidemic in Naples, 1910-1911 -- Poliomyelitis in the United States, 1916 -- Influenza pandemic, 1918-1919 -- Lung cancer in the United States, mid-twentieth century -- Poliomyelitis in the United States, 1945-1955 -- Seventh cholera pandemic, 1961-present -- Aids in the United States, 1980s -- Contemporary aids pandemic -- The mad cow crisis and transmissible spongiform encephalopathies, 1985-present -- Contemporary malaria -- Contemporary tuberculosis -- Epilogue -- Glossary.
- Print MaterialThe plague era - Modernity: new concepts of the state and the body -- Cholera: the return of epidemic disease and the abandonment of traditional protective measures -- The "English System:" new methods gain acceptance -- The sanitary reform movement: from miasma theory to departments of health -- Vaccination: a powerful paradigm -- The era of spectacular victories -- The end of a dream?
- Epidemiological and molecular aspects on cholera 2011, Springer
- Epidemiological odyssey 2012, Springer1.Early Concepts of Communicability --2.Infection on the Move --3.The Impact of Cholera --4.Stiffening the Sinews --5.Dawn and Sunset --6.A Need for Damage Limitation --7.No Lasting Stability --8.Tailpiece.
- Epidemiological research 2011, SpringerMedicine, science, and statistics -- Terms and concepts in medicine -- Epidemiological research proper -- Introductory terms and concepts -- Terms and concepts of objects of study -- Terms and concepts of methods of study -- Meta-epidemiological clinical research -- Introductory terms and concepts -- Terms and concepts of objects of study -- Terms and concepts of methods of study.
- Epidemiological research-- an introduction 2012, SpringerEpidemiology: Grappling with the Concept -- Epidemiological Knowledge: Examples -- Etiology as a Pragmatic Concern -- Etiology as the Object of Study -- Etiologic Studies' Essentials -- Etiologic Studies' Typology -- Etiologic Studies' Objects Design -- Etiologic Studies' Methods Design -- Etiologic Studies' Intervention Counterparts -- Causal Studies' Acausal Counterparts -- Studies on Screening for a Cancer -- Some Paradigmatic Studies -- From Studies to Knowledge -- Fact-finding in Epidemiological Practice.
- Epidemiology and biostatistics 2009, Springer
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Epidemiology of aging 2012, SpringerThe average age of the world's population is increasing at an unprecedented rate and this increase is changing the world. This 'silver tsunami' emphasizes the need to provide advanced training in epidemiology and increase the cadre of experts in the study of aging. This book is designed to summarize unique methodological issues relevant to the study of aging, biomarkers of aging and the biology/physiology of aging and in-depth discussions of the etiology and epidemiology of common geriatric syndromes and diseases. Contributing authors in the book represent many disciplines, not only epidemiology and clinical geriatrics, but also demography, health services, research, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, psychiatry, neurology, social services, musculoskeletal diseases and cancer. The aim of the book is to provide a broad multidisciplinary background for any student/researcher interested in aging. The material in the book is organized and comprehensive. It represents the most up-to-date information on the scientific issues in aging research written by academics who specialize in research and training in the broad field of aging.The structure and organization of the book reflects our course series in the Epidemiology of Aging starting with the broad issues of demography and methodology, and then addressing specific health conditions and geriatric conditions common to older persons.
- Epidemiology of alimentary diseases 2005, Springer
- Print Material
- Epidemiology of drug abuse 2005, SpringerDefining and measuring drug abusing behaviors / Zili Sloboda -- Drug abuse heterogeneity and the search for subtypes / Meyer D. Glantz, Devin P. Conway and James D. Colliver -- Studying the natural history of drug use / Yih-Ing Hser ... [et al.] -- Health, social and psychological consequences of drug use and abuse / Michael D. Newcomb and Thomas Locke -- Use of archival data / Zili Sloboda, Rebecca McKetin and Nicholas J. Kozel -- Sampling issues in drug epidemiology / Colin Taylor and Paul Griffiths -- Collecting drug use data from different populations / Edward M. Adlaf -- Indirect methods to estimate prevalence / Matthew Hickman and Colin Taylor -- Qualitative methods in the drug abuse field / Claire E. Sterk and Kirk W. Elifson -- Ethical considerations for drug abuse epidemiologic research / Craig L. Fry and Wayne Hall --A common language for a common problems: the developing role of drug epidemiology in a global context / Paul Griffiths and Rebecca McKetin -- Longitudinal studies of drug use and abuse / Thomas A. Wills, Carmella Walker and Jody A. Resko -- Drug abuse and the spread of infection: HIV and AIDS as an example / Don C. Des Jarlais, Holly Hagan and Samuel R. Friedman -- Implications of epidemiologic information for effective drug abuse prevention strategies / Zili Sloboda -- The role of treatment data in studying the epidemiology of substance use and abuse / Robert L. Hubbard.
- Epidemiology of human congenital malformations 2014, SpringerAuthored by Bengt Kallen, professor emeritus in embryology at Lund University in Sweden. The subject of this book is to describe the occurrence of congenital malformations among children born and what risk factors exist. Population data are presented for a number of malformations, ascertained with the use of data from the Swedish national health registers for the period 1998-2010 corresponding to some 1.3 million births, together with prospectively collected information on a group of exposures of possible interest.
- The epidemiology of injury in adventure and extreme sports / Dennis J. Caine -- The epidemiology of injury in mountaineering, rock and ice climbing / Volker Schöffl ... [et al.] -- The epidemiology of injury in hang-gliding and paragliding / Tiina Rekand -- The epidemiology of injury in scuba diving / Peter L. Buzzacott -- The epidemiology of injury among surfers, kite surfers and personal watercraft riders : wind and waves / Terri J. Pikora, Rebecca Braham, Christina Mills -- The epidemiology of injury in canoeing, kayaking and rafting / Richard C. Franklin, Peter A. Leggat -- The epidemiology of injury in bungee jumping, BASE jumping, and skydiving / Kjetil Søreide -- The epidemiology of extreme hiking injuries in volcanic environments / Travis W. Heggie, Tracey M. Heggie -- The epidemiology of injury in skateboarding / Jamie Hunter -- The epidemiology of injury in ATV and motocross sports / A. Noelle Larson, Amy L. McIntosh.
- Epidemiology of pediatric sports injuries v.1-2, 2005., Kargerv.2, 2005 Kargerpt. 1. Individual sports -- pt. 2. Team sports.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialBasic study designs in analytical epidemiology -- Measuring disease occurence -- Measuring associations between exposures and outcomes -- Understanding lack of validity: bias -- Identifying noncausal associations: confounding -- Defining and assessing heterogeneity of effects: interaction -- Stratification and adjustment: multivariate analysis in epidemiology -- Quality assurance and control -- Communicating results of epidemiologic studies -- Epidemiologic issues in the interface with public health policy.
- Print Material
- Epidermal cell tumors 2011, SpringerBenign melanocytic proliferations -- Essential criteria for diagnosing melanoma -- Histologic mimics of malignant melanoma -- Epidermal neoplasms -- Pilosebaceous neoplasms -- Tumors with eccrine differentiation -- Merkel cell carcinoma.
- Epidermal cells 2004, Springer ProtocolsAnalysis of connexin 43 expression on keratinocytes using flow cytometry / Maja Matic ... [et al.] -- MMP-9 and TIMP-1 assays in keratinocyte cultures / Takashi Kobayashi -- Characterization of epithelial cells in the hair follicle with S100 proteins / Kenji Kizawa and Mayumi Ito -- Immunoelectron microscopic analysis of cornified cell envelopes and antigen retrieval / Akemi Ishida-Yamamoto -- Cell kinetic analysis in artificial skin using immunochemical methods / Andrea Casasco ... [et al.] -- Proliferation, differentiation, and inflammation in normal and hyperproliferative skin using multiparameter flow cytometry / Piet E.J. van Erp -- Fluorimetric DNA assay of cell number / William R. Otto -- Keratinocyte transient transfections / Anthony M. Flores and Brian J. Aneskievich -- Tetracycline-regulated gene expression in epidermal keratinocytes / Richard B. Presland and Philip Fleckman -- Gene targeting by oligonucleotides in keratinocytes / Olga Igoucheva and Kyonggeun Yoon --Epidermis-targeted gene transfer using in vivo electroporation / Hiroki Maruyama, Jun-Ichi Miyazaki and Fumitake Gejyo -- Gene and stem cell therapy of the hair follicle / Robert M. Hoffman.Isolation, characterization, and culture of epithelial stem cells / Jackie R. Bickenbach -- Keratin 19 as a stem cell marker in vivo and in vitro / Danielle Larouche ... [et al.] -- Immunolocalization in the epidermis / Tammy-Claire Troy ... [et al.] -- Epidermal cell analysis by RT-PCR / Tammy-Claire Troy ... [et al.] -- Whole-mount assays for gene induction and barrier formation in the developing epidermis / Carolyn Byrne and Matthew J. Hardman -- Analysis of early epidermal development in zebrafish / Ashley E. Webb and David Kimelman -- Analysis of E2F factors during epidermal differentiation / Wing Y. Chang and Lina Dagnino -- Analysis of HOX homeodomain proteins and gene transcripts in the epidermis / László G. Kömüves and Corey Largman -- Apoptosis in the epidermis / Kiyofumi Yamanishi, Chun-Shen Shen and Hitoshi Mizutani -- Fate of desmosomal proteins in apoptotic epidermal cells / Jörg Weiske and Otmar Huber --Primary mouse keratinocyte culture / Annalisa Pirrone, Barbara Hager, and Philip Fleckman -- Serial cultivation of primary adult murine keratinocytes / Richard P. Redvers and Pritinder Kaur -- Keratinocyte culture in the absence of substrate attachment / Monika Jost and Ulrich Rodeck -- Application of genetically modified feeder cells for culture of keratinocytes / Takashi Kameda and Toshihiro Sugiyama -- Organ culture of developing mouse skin and its application for molecular mechanistic studies of morphogenesis / Mariko Kashiwaga and Nam-ho Huh -- Experimental models to analyze differentiation functions of cultured keratinocytes in vitro and in vivo / Nicole Maas-Szabowski, Norbert E. Fusenig, and Hans-Jürgen Stark -- In vitro fabrication of engineered human skin / Alexander Margulis, Weitian Zhang and Jonathan A. Garlick -- In vivo labeling and analysis of epidermal stem cells / Wei-Yang Wu and Rebecca J. Morris -- Method for the harvest and assay of in vitro clonogenic keratinocytes stem cells from mice / Wei-Yang Wu and Rebecca J. Morris -- FACS enrichment of human keratinocyte stem cells / Amy Li and Pritinder Kaur --Promoter analysis in the human SPRR gene family / David F. Fischer and Claude Backendorf -- Stable integration of large PAC contructs in keratinocytes / Sarah H. Williams and Alain Hovnanian -- Targeted somatic mutagenesis in the mouse epidermis / Daniel Metzger, Mei Li, and Pierre Chambon -- Methods to study protein-protein interactions / Jin-Jun Meng ... [et al.] -- Isolation of recombinant phage-displayed antibodies recognizing skin keratinocytes / Kim Bak Jensen and Peter Kristensen -- Analysis of tissue-specific DNA methylation during development / Jun Ohgane, Naka Hattori and Kunio Shiota -- Serial analysis of gene expression in human keratinocytes and the epidermis / Bastiaan J.H. Jansen ... [et al.] -- Methods for gene expression profiling in dermatology research using DermArray® nylon filter DNA microarrays / Richard L. Davis Jr. ... [et al.] -- Two-photon fluorescence imaging and reactive oxygen species detection within the epidermis / Kerry M. Hanson and Robert M. Clegg -- In vivo transplantation of engineered human skin / Shari Greenberg, Alexander Margulis and Jonathan A. Garlick --
- Epidermal growth factor 2005, Springer ProtocolsA historical perspective of EGF receptor and related systems / Francis Edwin ... [et al.] -- Purification and assay of kinase-active EGF receptor from mammalian cells by immunoaffinity chromatography / Gregory J. Wiepz ... [et al.] -- Soluble epidermal growth factor receptor acrydinium-linked immunosorbent assay / Jacqueline M. Lafky, Andre T. Baron, and Nita J. Maihle -- Analysis of epidermal growth factor receptor and interactions with the [alpha] subunit of the stimulatory GTP binding protein of adenylyl cyclase, Gs / Deepti Chaturvedi ... [et al.] -- Regulator of epidermal growth factor signaling : sprouty / Esther Sook Miin Wong and Graeme R. Guy -- Dissecting the epidermal growth factor signal transactivation pathway / Oliver M. Fischer, Stefan Hart, and Axel Ullrich -- A sensitive method to monitor ectodomain shedding of ligands of the epidermal growth factor receptor / Umut Sahin ... [et al.] -- In vitro and in vivo assays of monoubiquitnation of receptor tyrosine kinases / Manachem Katz, Yaron Mosesson, and Yosef Yarden -- Assays to monitor degradation of the EGF receptor / Mirko H.H. Schmidt and Ivan Dikic -- Assessment of degradation and ubiquitination of CXCR4, a GPCR regulated by EGFR family members / Adriano Marchese -- Epithelial cell migration in response to epidermal growth factor / Reema Zeineldin and Laurie G. Hudson -- Motility signaled from EGF receptors and related systems / Alan Wells ... [et al.] -- Methods for determining the proliferation of cells in response to EGFR ligands / Gregory J. Wiepz ... [et al.] -- Clinical advancement of EGFR inhibitors in cancer therapy / Prakash Chinnaiyan and Paul M. Harari.
- Print Material
- Epiduroscopy 2008, Springer
- Epigenetic alterations in oncogenesis 2013, Springer
- Epigenetic approaches to allergy research 2013, SpringerIntroduction --Immune System and Atopic Disorders --Epigenetics --Epigenetics, Environment, and Allergic Diseases --Conclusions and Future Perspectives.
- Epigenetic aspects of chronic diseases 2011, SpringerEpigenetics and chronic diseases : an overview /Rebecca Smith, Jonathan Mill --Techniques to study DNA methylation and histone modification /Ester Lara ... [et al.] --Mechanisms of epigenetic gene silencing /Marie-Pierre Lambert, Zdenko Herceg --Mechanisms of epigenetic gene activation in disease : dynamics of DNA methylation and demethylation /Thierry Granbe, Edio Eligio Lourenco --The role of histone demethylases in disease /Paul Cloos --Autoimmune diseases /Travis Hughes, Amr H. Sawalha --Epigenetics of rheumatoid arthritis /Aleksander M. Grabiec, Paul P. Tak, Kris A. Reedquist --DNA methylation changes in osteoarthritis /Helmtrud I. Roach --Epigenetics and Type 2 diabetes /Charlotte Ling, Tina Ronn, Marloes Dekker Nitert --Epigenetic regulation of asthma and allergic diseases /Andrew L. Durham, Ivan M. Adcock --Epigenetics in psychiatry /Hamid Mostafavi-Abdolmaleky, Stephen J. Glatt, Ming T. Tsuang --Epigenetics and late-onset Alzheimer's disease /Axel Schumacher, Syed Bihaqi, Nasser H. Zawia --Epigenetic mechanisms in the developmental origins of adult disease /Keith M. Godfrey ... [et al.] --Targeting histone deacetylases in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease /Peter J. Barnes --Clinical trials of epigenetic modifiers in the treatment of myelodysplastic syndrome /Lauren C. Suarez, Steven D. Gore.
- Epigenetic contributions in autoimmune disease 2011, SpringerAn introduction to epigenetics / Esteban Ballestar -- Chromatin mechanisms regulating gene expression in health and disease / Constanze Bonifer and Peter N. Cockerill -- Epigenetic control of lymphocyte differentiation / Eduardo Lopez-Granados -- Epigenetic control in immune function / Peter J. van den Elsen, Marja C.J.A. van Eggermond, and Rutger J. Wierda -- DNA methylation and B-cell autoreactivity / Soizic Garaud, Pierre Youinou, and Yves Renaudineau -- Environmental agents and autoimmune diseases / Frederick W. Miller -- Epigenetic dysregulation of Epstein-Barr virus latency and development of autoimmune disease / Hans Helmut Niller ... [et al.] -- Does genomic imprinting play a role in autoimmunity? / Cristina Camprubø and David Monk -- A new epigenetic challenge : systemic lupus erythematosus / Biola M. Javierre and Bruce C. Richardson -- Epigenetic deregulation in rheumatoid arthritis / Emmanuel Karouzakis ... [et al.] -- Prospects for epigenetic compounds in the treatment of autoimmune disease / Nadine Chapman-Rothe and Robert Brown -- Profiling epigenetic alterations in disease / Josø Ignacio Martøn-Subero and Manel Esteller.
- Epigenetic epidemiology 2012, SpringerHuman epigenome -- Considerations in the design, conduct, and interpretation of studies in epigenetic epidemiology -- Laboratory methods in epigenetic epidemiology -- Biostatistical methods in epigenetic epidemiology -- Epigenome changes during development -- Role of epigenetics in the development origins of health and disease -- Epigenetics and assisted reproductive technology -- Imprinting disorders of early childhood -- Utility of twins for epigenetic analysis -- Age-related variation in DNA methylation -- Influence of environmental factors on the epigenome -- Epigenetic epidemiology of cancer -- Epigenetic epidemiology of infectious diseases -- Epigenetic epidemiology of inflammation and rhematoid arthritis -- Asthma epigenetics : emergnece of a new paradigm? -- Epigenetic epidemiology of autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders -- Epigenetic epidemiology psychiatric disorders -- Epigenetic epidemiology of type 1 diabetes -- Epigenetic epidemiology of obesity, type 2 diabetes -- Epigenetic epidemiology of atherosclerosis.
- Epigenetic regulation in the nervous system 2013, ScienceDirectBehavioral Epigenetics is the study of how environmental factors affect alterations in behavior, addressing the fundamental mechanisms that shape development and individual vulnerability/resilience to adverse behavioral outcome. With an understanding of the molecular mechanisms involved in epigenetic modulation, researchers believe it will be possible to develop targeted therapies for those individuals in whom it malfunctions. This volume will address current understanding of the roles of epigenetic processes at the molecular/cellular level, their impact on neural development and behavior.
- Epigenetic regulation of lymphocyte development 2012, Springer
- Epigenetic risks of cloning 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Epigenetic therapy of cancer 2014, SpringerThe growing knowledge about disturbances of epigenetic gene regulation in hematopoietic stem cell disorders such as myeloid leukemias and preleukemias (myelodysplasias) is now being translated into treatment approaches that target the epigenetic defects pharmacologically. Such approaches include reactivation of tumor suppressor genes and other antiproliferative genes by reversal of DNA hypermethylation through azanucleosides, and use of HDAC inhibitors to reverse gene silencing mediated by chimeric, leukemia-specific transcription factors. This book first presents the latest evidence derived from preclinical models regarding the epigenetic regulation of hematopoietic stem cell differentiation and hemoglobin production. The significance of DNA methylation abnormalities in hematopoietic disorders and of epigenetic disturbances in lung cancer and other solid tumors is then discussed. A major part of the book, however, relates specifically to the translation of basic research and drug development to clinical applications, and in this context both present and future clinical strategies are considered. Individual chapters are devoted to the use of DNA hypomethylating agents and chromatin-modifying agents, and the treatment of hematologic malignancies and solid tumors by means of epigenetic agents is discussed in detail.
- Epigenetics 2004, Cold Spring Harb Lab PressEpigenetic reprogramming and genomic imprinting -- Chromosome inactivation -- DNA methylation -- Histone modification and nucleosome structure -- Chromatin structure and dynamics -- Polycomb and related silencing mechanisms -- Nuclear organization and dynamics -- Heterochromatin and transposon silencing -- RNA interference and related mechanisms -- Epigenetic regulation of phenotypes.
- Epigenetics 2013, SpringerEpigenetics is the phenomenon which fine tunes the processes associated with life, beyond that which is specified by the sequence of the genetic material; DNA. The covalent modification of DNA, DNA associated histones, several non histone proteins as well as non coding RNA coherently operate to establish the epigenetic regulation of gene expression in physiological and pathophysiological conditions. This volume presents contributions from worldwide experts presenting their research and findings, including: the evolution of epigenetic machineries from archaea to higher eukaryotes; role of epigenetics in development and transcription regulation; epigenetic landscape of human disease; a chemical biology approach to understanding epigenetic phenomena; exploration of different small molecules as epigenetic therapies.This volume is aimed at students and researchers of chromatin biology and epigenetics and will also be of interest to a broader pharmaceutical audience.
- Epigenetics and cancer 2013, SpringerSystems and Network Biology to Investigate Epigenetic De-regulatory Mechanisms of MicroRNAs in Pancreatic Cancer /Irfana Muqbil, Fazlul H. Sarkar, Ramzi M. Mohammad --Role of MicroRNAs in Cancer Epigenetics /Kishore B. Challagundla, Petra Wise, Muller Fabbri --Epigenetic Regulation of EZH2 and Its Targeted MicroRNAs /Sandy Leung-Kuen Au, Irene Oi-Lin Ng, Chun-Ming Wong --Epigenetics and MicroRNAs in Renal Cancer /Shahana Majid ... [et al.] --Epigenetic Regulation of MicroRNA in Colon Cancer /Qiong Zhang, Mukesh Verma, Sharad Khare --Epigenetic Regulation of miRNAs in Breast Cancer Formation and Progression /Zhiqian Zhang ... [et al.] --Epigenetic Variations of Stem Cell Markers in Cancer /Sripathi M. Sureban, Dongfeng Qu, Courtney W. Houchen --Recent Updates on Epigenetic Biomarkers for Prostate Cancer /Karen Chiam, Tanya Kate Day, Tina Bianco-Miotto --Epigenetics and Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer /Benjamin A. Rybicki --Epigenetic Signatures of Breast Cancer Genes /Shrikant Anant, Animesh Dhar, Satish Ramalingam --Exploiting Epigenetic Modifiers to Circumvent Melanoma Dual Resistance to TCR-Engineered Immunotherapy- and BRAF V⁶⁰⁰E-Kinase Inhibitor /Ali R. Jazirehi CLS, --The Role of Epigenetics in Radiation Therapy and the DNA Damage Response /Steven P. Zielske --Plant Polyphenols as Epigenetic Modulators of Glutathione S-Transferase P1 Activity /Vijay S. Thakur, Sanjay Gupta --Epigenetic Regulations of mRNAs and miRNAs by Nutraceuticals /Yiwei Li ... [et al.] --Towards Curative Cancer Therapy with Maspin: A Unique Window of Opportunity to Target Cancer Dormancy /Alexander Kaplun, M. Margarida Bernardo, Sijana Dzinic.
- Epigenetics and chromatin 2005, SpringerChromatin remodeling factors and DNA replication -- Epigenetic inheritance of chromatin states mediated by polycomb and trithorax group proteins in drosophila -- How to pack the genome for a safe trip -- Chromatin modifications on the inactive x chromosome -- Chromatin mechanisms in drosophila dosage compensation -- DNA methylation in epigenetic control of gene expression -- The epigenetic breakdown of cancer cells: from DNA methylation to histone modifications -- Developmental regulation of the beta-globin gene locus -- Epigenetic regulation of mammalian imprinted genes: from primary to functional imprints -- Seed development and genomic imprinting in plants.
- Epigenetics and disease 2011, Springer
- Epigenetics and human reproduction 2011, Springer
- Epigenetics and pathology 2014, CRCnetBASE1. Epigenetics of host-pathogen interactions : the road ahead and the road behind / Elena Gm̤ez-Da̕z, Mireia Jord,̉ Miguel Angel Peinado, and Ana Rivero -- 2. A concise review on epigenetic regulation : insight into molecular mechanisms / Shahram Golbabapour, Mahmood Ameen Abdulla, and Maryam Hajrezaei -- 3. Genome-wide analysis of DNA methylation in human amnion / Jinsil Kim, Mitchell M. Pitlick, Paul J. Christine, Amanda R. Schaefer, Cesar Saleme, Belň Comas, Viviana Cosentino, Enrique Gadow, and Jeffrey C. Murray -- 4. Assessing causal relationships in genomics : from Bradford-Hill criteria to complex gene-environment interactions and directed acyclic graphs / Sara Geneletti, Valentina Gallo, Miquel Porta, Muin J. Khoury, and Paolo Vineis -- 5. The biology of lysine acetylation integrates transcriptional programming and metabolism / Jigneshkumar Patel, Ravi R. Pathak, and Shiraz Mujtaba -- 6. Roles of histone deacetylases in epigenetic regulation : emerging paradigms from studies with inhibitors / Geneviv̈e P. Delcuve, Dilshad H. Khan, and James R. Davie -- 7. Aberrant epigenetic silencing is triggered by a transient reduction in gene expression / Jon A. Oyer, Adrian Chu, Sukhmani Brar, and Mitchell S. Turker -- 8. The sound of silence : RNAi in poly (ADP-Ribose) research / Christian Blenn, Philippe Wyrsch, and Felix R. Althaus -- 9. Epigenetic deregulation of microRNAs in rhabdomyosarcoma and neuroblastoma and translational perspectives / Paolo Romania, Alice Bertaina, Giorgia Bracaglia, Franco Locatelli, Doriana Fruci, and Rossella Rota -- 10. Epigenetic effects of environmental chemicals bisphenol A and phthalates / Sher Singh and Steven Shoei-Lung Li -- 11. The influence of DNA sequence on epigenome-induced pathologies / Richard B. Meagher and Kristofer J. M¿ssar -- 12. Next generation sequencing based approaches to epigenomics / Martin Hirst and Marco A. Marra -- 13. Design and analysis issues in gene and environment studies / Chen-Yu Liu, Arnab Maity, Xihong Lin, Robert O. Wright, and David C. Christiani.
- Epigenetics in biology and medicine 2009, CRCnetBASEEpigenetics and cancer: DNA methylation / Santiago Ropero and Manel Esteller -- Epigenetics and cancer: histone modifications / Mario F. Fraga and Manel Esteller -- Epigenetic drugs: DNA demethylating agents / Ehab Atallah, Guillermo Garcia-Manero -- Epigenetic drugs: histone deacetylase inhibitors / Melissa Peart, Ricky W. Johnstone -- Sirtuins in biology and disease / Alejandro Vaquero, Danny Reinberg -- MicroRNAs in cell biology and disease / Muller Fabbri, Carlo M. Croce, George A. Calin -- Chromatin modifications by polycomb complexes / Miguel Vidal -- Epigenetics and its genetic syndromes / Richard J. Gibbons -- Epigenetics and immunity / Esteban Ballestar and Bruce C. Richardson -- Aetiology of major psychosis: why do we need epigenetics? / Gabriel Oh and Arturas Petronis -- Epigenetics and cardiovascular disease / Gertrund Lund and Silvio Zaina -- Epigenetics and plant biology / Luis Valledor ... [et al.] -- Epigenetics, environment, and evolution / Douglas M. Ruden, Parsa Rasouli, Xiangyi Lu -- Epigenetics and epigenomics / Jose Ignacio Martin-Subero, Reiner Siebert.
- Epigenetics in human disease. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectEpigenetics of human disease / Trygve O. Tollefsbol -- Methods and strategies to determine epigenetic variation in human disease / Yoshihisa Watanabe and Masato Maekawa -- DNA methylation alterations in human cancers / Yae Kanai and Eri Arai -- Alterations of histone modifications in cancer / Ciro Mercurio, Simon Plyte and Saverio Minucci -- MicroRNA in oncogenesis / Niamh Lynam-Lennon, Steven G. Gray and Stephen G. Maher -- Epigenetic approaches to cancer therapy / Sabita N. Saldanha and Trygve O. Tollefsbol -- Epigenomics in neurobehavioral diseases / Cassandra L. Smith and Kai Huang -- Emerging role of epigenetics in human neurodevelopmental disorders / K. Naga Mohan and J. Richard Chaillet -- The epigenetics of Alzheimer's disease / Fabio Coppedè -- Epigenetic modulation of human neurobiological disorders / Takeo Kubota ... [et al.] --Epigenetic basis of autoimmune disorders in humans / Biola M. Javierre, Lorenza de la Rica and Esteban Ballestar -- Approaches to autoimmune disease using epigenetic therapy / Christopher Chang -- Epigenetic mechanisms of human imprinting disorders / Richard H. Scott and Gudrun E. Moore -- Epigenetic factors in human obesity / Christopher G. Bell -- Epigenetic approaches to control obesity / Abigail S. Lapham ... [et al.] -- Epigenetics of diabetes in humans / Charlotte Ling and Tina Rönn -- The potential of epigenetic compounds in treating diabetes / Steven G. Gray -- Epigenetic aberrations in human allergic diseases / Manori Amaraseka ... [et al.] -- Therapy of airway disease: epigenetic potential / Peter J. Barnes -- The role of epigenetics in cardiovascular disease / Boda Zhou, Andriana Margariti and Qingbo Xu -- Epigenetics and human infectious diseases / Hans Helmut Niller and Janos Minarovits -- The epigenetics of endometriosis / Sun-Wei Guo -- Aberrant DNA methlylation in endometrial cancer / Kenta Masuda ... [et al.] -- Stem cell epigenetics and human disease / Mehdi Shafa and Derrick E. Rancourt -- Non-coding RNA regulatory networks, epigenetics, and programming stem cell renewal and differentiation: implications for stem cell therapy / Rajesh C. Miranda -- Aging and disease: the epigenetic bridge / Andrea Fuso -- Early-life epigenetic programming of human disease and aging / Alexander M. Vaiserman.
- Epigenetics of aging 2010, Springer
- Epigenetics protocols 2004, Springer ProtocolsMethods of epigenetic analysis / Trygve O. Tollefsbol -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation assays / Yan Yan, Haobin Chen, and Max Costa -- Native chromatin immunoprecipitation / Alan W. Thorne, Fiona A. Myers, and Tim R. Hebbes -- Q-PCR in combination with ChIP assays to detect changes in chromatin acetylation / Ryan A. Irvine and Chin-Lin Hsieh -- Restriction endonuclease accessibility as a determinant of altered chromatin structure / William M. Hempel and Pierre Ferrier -- Measuring changes in chromatin using micrococcal nuclease / Nicolas Steward and Hiroshi Sano -- DNasel hypersensitivity analysis of chromatin structure / Qianjin Lu and Bruce Richardson -- Inhibition of histone deacetylases / Cheng Liu and Dawei Xu -- Site-specific analysis of histone methylation and acetylation / David Umlauf, Yuji Goto, and Robert Feil -- Analysis of mammalian telomere position effect / Joseph A. Baur, Woodring E. Wright, and Jerry W. Shay -- Activity assays for poly-ADP ribose polymerase 1 / Eva Kirsten ... [et al.] -- Multigenerational selection and detection of altered histone acetylation and methylation patterns: toward a quantitative epigenetics in Drosophila / Mark D. Garfinkel ... [et al.] --Profiling DNA methylation by bisulfite genomic sequencing: problems and solutions / Liang Liu ... [et al.] -- Methylation-sensitive single-strand conformation analysis: a rapid method to screen for and analyze DNA methylation / Jean Benhattar and Geneviève Clément -- SIRPH analysis, SNuPE with IP-RP-HPLC for quantitative measurements of DNA methylation at specific CpG sites / Osman El-Maarri -- Real-time PCR-based assay for quantitative determination of methylation status / Ulrich Lehmann and Hans Kreipe -- Denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis to detect methylation changes in DNA / Masahiko Shiraishi -- Photocrosslinking oligonucleotide hybridization assay for concurrent gene dosage and CpG methylation analysis / Risa Peoples, Michael Wood, and Reuel Van Atta -- Methylation-specific oligonucleotide microarray / Pearlly S. Yan, Susan H. Wei, and Tim Hui-Ming Huang -- Methylation-specific PCR in situ hybridization / Gerard J. Nuovo -- Relative quantitation of DNA methyltransferase mRNA by real-time RT-PCR assay / John Attwood and Bruce Richardson -- DMB (DNMT-magnetic beads) assay: measuring DNA methyltransferase activity in vitro / Tomoki Yokochi and Keith D. Robertson.
- Epigenetics, brain, and behavior 2012, Springer"What lies at the heart of neuronal plasticity? Accumulating evidence points to epigenetics. This word originally indicated potentially heritable modifications in gene expression that do not involve changes in DNA sequence. Today this definition is much less strict, and epigenetic control is thought to include DNA methylation, histone modifications, histone variants, microRNA metabolic pathways and non-histone proteins modifications. Thus, while neuronal plasticity is rightly thought to be intimately associated to genomic control, it is critical to appreciate that there is much more to the genome than DNA sequence. Recent years have seen spectacular advances in the field of epigenetics. These have attracted the interest of researchers in many fields and evidence connecting epigenetic regulation to brain functions has been accumulating. Neurons daily convert a variety of external stimuli into rapid or long-lasting changes in gene expression. A variety of studies have centered on the molecular mechanisms implicated in epigenetic control and how these may operate in concert. It will be critical to unravel how specificity is achieved. Importantly, specific modifications seem to mediate both developmental processes and adult brain functions, such as synaptic plasticity and memory. Many aspects of the research in neurosciences and endocrinology during the upcoming decade will be dominated by the deciphering of epigenetic control. This book constitutes a compendium of the most updated views in the field"--Publisher.
- Epigenomics 2009, Springer
- Epilepsy 2014, Wiley
- Epilepsy 2011, CRCnetBASE"Integrating the studies of epilepsy, neurosciences, computational neurosciences, mathematics, physics, engineering, and medicine, this volume provides the first means to a clear, structured, and enriching multidisciplinary perspective for developing students, researchers, and clinicians in the field of epilepsy. The text gives up to date information on the state of current research, possible future research, and clinical directions in the fields of epilepsy and seizure dynamics. Clear illustrations that illustrate the patterns of brain electrophysiology and behavioral manifestations are provided to aid comprehension. The authors include extensive references in each chapter to enhance further study"--Provided by publisher.
- Epilepsy 2010, CRCnetBASESection I. Scientific Foundations -- Chapter 1. Pathophysiological Mechanisms of Seizures and Epilepsy / Carl E. Stafstrom -- Chapter 2. Blood-Brain Barrier, Blood Flow, Neoplasms and Epilepsy / Luca Cucullo, Nicola Marchi, Vincent Fazio, Minh-Tri Nguyen, Damir Janigro -- Chapter 3. Metabolic Regulation of Seizures and Epileptogenesis / Manisha Patel -- Chapter 4. Brain Inflammation and Epilepsy / Teresa Ravizza, Silvia Balosso, Eleonora Aronica, Annamaria Vezzani -- Chapter 5. Drug Resistance in Epilepsy and Status Epilepticus / Jaideep Kapur, Edward H. Bertram -- Chapter 6. Epilepsy with Complex Genetics / Asuri N. Prasad, Chitra Prasad -- Chapter 7. Pathophysiology of Developmental Epilepsies / Judith L. Z. Weisenberg, Michael Wong -- Section II. Antiepileptic Drugs -- Chapter 8. Mechanisms of Antiepileptic Drug Action / Timothy A. Simeone -- Chapter 9. Epilepsy and Disease Modification: Animal Models for Novel Drug Discovery / H. Steve White -- Chapter 10. Pharmacogenetics of AED Development / Russell J. Buono, Thomas N. Ferraro, Dennis J. Dlugos, Karen S. Wilcox -- Chapter 11. Neuroprotective Strategies Using Antiepileptic Drugs / Patrick G. Sullivan, Ryan D. Readnower -- Chapter 12. Posttraumatic Seizures and Epileptogenesis / Christopher C. Giza -- Chapter 13. Possible Roles of Nonsynaptic Mechanisms in Synchronization of Epileptic Seizures / F. Edward Dudek, Li-Rong Shao, John E. Rash -- Chapter 14. A Mechanistic Approach to Antiepileptic Drug Interactions / Gail D. Anderson -- Section III. Epilepsy Surgery -- Chapter 15. Advances in Structural and Functional Neuroimaging / Hyunmi Kim, A. LeBron Paige, Robert C. Knowlton -- Chapter 16. Magnetoencephalography in Clinical Epilepsy / Jerry J. Shih, Michael P. Weisend -- Chapter 17. What Have We Learned from Resective Surgery in Pediatric Patients with Cortical Dysplasia? / Carlos Cepeda, Gary W. Mathern -- Chapter 18. Nonsurgical Ablation for Epilepsy / Erich O. Richter, Marina V. Abramova, William A. Friedman, Steven N. Roper -- Chapter 19. Deep Brain Stimulation for Epilepsy / Francisco Velasco, Ana Luisa Velasco, Luisa Rocha, Marcos Velasco, Jose D. Carrillo-Ruiz, Manoela Cuellar, Guillermo Castro, Fiacro Jimenez, David Trejo -- Chapter 20. Optical Imaging Techniques in Pediatric Neocortical Epilepsy / Daryl W. Hochman, Michael M. Haglund -- Chapter 21. High-Frequency Oscillations in Epileptic Brain / S. Matt Stead, Mark Bower, Greg Worrell -- Section IV. Alternative Therapies -- Chapter 22. Special Treatments in Epilepsy / Kevin Chapman, James W. Wheless -- Chapter 23. Herbs and Botanicals Steven C. Schachter -- Chapter 24. The Ketogenic Diet / Kristopher J. Bough, Carl E. Stafstrom -- Chapter 25. Vagus Nerve Stimulation / Matthew M. Troester, Dean K. Naritoku -- Chapter 26. Antiinflammatory Treatments for Seizure Syndromes and Epilepsy / Stéphane Auvin, Raman Sankar -- Section V. Other Modulators of the Epileptic State -- Chapter 27. Impact of Neuroendocrine Factors on Seizure Genesis and Treatment / Pavel Klein, Jaromir Janousek -- Chapter 28. Neurosteroid Replacement Therapy for Catamenial Epilepsy / Doodipala S. Reddy, Michael A. Rogawski -- Chapter 29. Chronobiology and Sleep / Mark Quigg -- Chapter 30. Pediatric Epilepsy / Rochelle Caplan -- Section VI. The Future of Epilepsy Therapy -- Chapter 31. Novel Mechanisms of Drug Delivery / Vijay Ivaturi, James Cloyd -- Chapter 32. Early Seizure Detection / Christophe C. Jouny, Piotr J. Franaszczuk, Gregory K. Bergey -- Chapter 33. Gene and Stem Cell Therapies for Treating Epilepsy / Janice R. Naegele, Xu Maisano -- Chapter 34. Arresting Epileptogenesis / Philip A. Schwartzkroin.
- Epilepsy across the spectrum 2012, ebrary,"Although epilepsy is one of the nation's most common neurological disorders, public understanding of it is limited. Many people do not know the causes of epilepsy or what they should do if they see someone having a seizure. Epilepsy is a complex spectrum of disorders that affects an estimated 2.2 million Americans in a variety of ways, and is characterized by unpredictable seizures that differ in type, cause, and severity. Yet living with epilepsy is about much more than just seizures; the disorder is often defined in practical terms, such as challenges in school, uncertainties about social situations and employment, limitations on driving, and questions about independent living. The Institute of Medicine was asked to examine the public health dimensions of the epilepsies, focusing on public health surveillance and data collection; population and public health research; health policy, health care, and human services; and education for people with the disorder and their families, health care providers, and the public. In Epilepsy Across the Spectrum, the IOM makes recommendations ranging from the expansion of collaborative epilepsy surveillance efforts, to the coordination of public awareness efforts, to the engagement of people with epilepsy and their families in education, dissemination, and advocacy for improved care and services. Taking action across multiple dimensions will improve the lives of people with epilepsy and their families. The realistic, feasible, and action-oriented recommendations in this report can help enable short- and long-term improvements for people with epilepsy. For all epilepsy organizations and advocates, local, state, and federal agencies, researchers, health care professionals, people with epilepsy, as well as the public, Epilepsy Across the Spectrum is an essential resource"--Publisher's description.
- Epilepsy and sleep 2001, ScienceDirect
- Epilepsy case studies 2014, SpringerWritten by expert epilepsy clinicians from the Mayo Clinic, Epilepsy Case Studies: Pearls for Patient Care presents a wide variety of case histories drawn from real life experiences in people with seizures. Designed to stimulate the same deductive reasoning that is commonly used when seeing epilepsy patients in the clinic, this practical book presents the clinical scenario and then poses a range of stimulating questions to organize the reader's thoughts to address each case. Questions that revolve around each case include common ones such as "How does this test help us with the diagnosis" and "What is the precise relationship of the patient's seizures to their overall neurological condition". The most poignant questions include "How does this information help us to devise a treatment plan?" and "What do we know about the anticipated course and prognosis?" The questions raised in each section incorporate the clinical course and evaluation. Where possible, the discussion relies upon the latest medical evidence to support the responses and includes up-to-date techniques used for patients with and without seizure control. At the end of each case a few salient citations are referenced, as are a few of the more pertinent articles that the reader can reference to obtain an overview of the topic.
- Print Material
- Epilepsy Part II Treatment 2012, ScienceDirectEpilepsy, Part II, Treatment, Volume 108, provides a full description of epilepsy pathology and etiology, antiepileptic drug treatment, the approach to surgical evaluation and alternative procedures to be considered, in both children and adults, as well as brain stimulation and diet treatment. Economic and psychosocial issues such as stigma are fully covered. The special problems of epilepsy treatment in the developing world are described. Chapters are authored by internationally respected neurologists with varied perspectives insuring depth to the content. Epilepsy, Part I, Basic Principles and Diagnosis, Volume 107, establishes the scientific and practical diagnosis of epilepsy. The volumes will be a very important resource for basic scientists, clinical investigators, and all health professionals treating patients with epilepsy. *A volume in the Handbook of Clinical Neurology series, which has an unparalleled reputation as the world's most comprehensive source of information in neurology. *International list of contributors including the leading workers in the field. *Describes the advances which have occurred in clinical neurology and the neurosciences, their impact on the understanding of neurological disorders and on patient care.
- Epilepsy-- animal and human correlations 2012, Springerpt. 1. Introduction -- pt. 2. Generalized seizures -- pt. 3. Partial epilepsies -- pt. 4. Miscellaneous epilepsies -- pt. 5. Medical treatment -- pt. 6. Surgical epilepsy treatment -- pt. 7. Other aspects of epilepsy.
- Epileptic seizures and the EEG 2011, CRCnetBASEEEG generation and measurement -- Signal processing in EEG analysis -- Classifying the EEG -- Seizure detection -- Modeling for epilepsy -- On the predictability of seizures.
- Epiphyseal growth plate fractures 2007, Springer
- Epithelial cell culture protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Epithelial transport physiology 2010, Springer1. Chloride ATPase Pumps in Epithelia -- 2. Divalent Anion Transport in Crustacean and Molluscan Gastrointestinal Epithelia -- 3. Heavy Metal Transport and Detoxification by Crustacean Epithelial Lysosomes -- 4. Epithelial Calcium Transport in Crustaceans: Adaptation to Intrinsic and Extrinsic Stressors -- 5. The Cellular Basis of Extreme Alkali Secretion in Insects: A Tale of Two Tissues -- 6. H+, Na+, K+, and Amino Acid Transport in Caterpillar and Larval Mosquito Alimentary Canal -- 7. CFTR-Dependent Anion Transport in Airway Epithelia -- 8. Sulfate and Phosphate Transporters in Mammalian Renal and Gastrointestinal Systems -- 9. Role of H+-K+ ATPase, Na+-K+-2Cl⁻ and Na+-Cl⁻-HCO₃ ⁻ Transporters in Vertebrate Small Intestine -- 10. The H+- and H+, K+-ATPases of the Collecting Duct -- 11. Acid/Base Regulation in Renal Epithelia by H,K-ATPases -- 12. Sodium Transport Mechanisms in the Mammalian Nephron -- 13. Renal Acid-Base Regulation Via Ammonia Transport in Mammals -- 14. Hexose Transport Across Mammalian Epithelia -- 15. Amino Acid Transport by Epithelial Membranes -- 16. Molecular Ontology of Amino Acid Transport.
- Epitope mapping protocols. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer ProtocolsWhat is a B-cell epitope? / Marc H.V. Van Regenmortel -- Structural basis of antibody-antigen interactions / Eric J. Sundberg -- Epitope mapping of antibody-antigen complexes by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy / Osnat Rosen and Jacob Anglister -- A solid-phase mutual inhibition assay with labeled antigen / Masahide Kuroki -- Epitope mapping by surface plasmon resonance / Pär Säfsten -- Proteolytic fragmentation for epitope mapping / Maria R. Mazzoni, Francesca Porchia, and Heidi E. Hamm -- Epitope mapping by proteolysis of antigen-antibody complexes / Suraj Dhungana ... [et al.] -- Identifying residues in antigenic determinants by chemical modification / Howard M. Reisner and Roger L. Lundblad -- Epitope mapping by differential chemical modification of antigens / Suraj Dhungana, Michael B. Fessler, and Kenneth B. Tomer -- Linear B-cell epitope mapping using enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for libraries of overlapping synthetic peptides / Michael W. Heuzenroeder ... [et al.] -- Antibody epitope mapping using SPOT peptide arrays / Ulrich Reineke and Robert Sabat -- Peptide microarrays for profiling of modification state-specific antibodies / Johannes Zerweck, Antonia Masch, and Mike Schutkowski -- Epitope mapping using phage display peptide libraries / Volker Böttger and Angelika Böttger -- Antibody epitope mapping using de novo generated synthetic peptide libraries / Ulrich Reineke -- Antibody specificity profiling on functional protein microarrays / Dawn R. Mattoon and Barry Schweitzer -- Peptide microarrays for determination of cross-reactivity / Alexandra Thiele -- Epitope mapping using randomly generated peptide libraries / Juliane Bongartz, Nicole Bruni, and Michal Or-Guil -- Probing the epitope signatures of IgG antibodies in human serum from patients with autoimmune disease / Peter Lorenz ... [et al.] -- Microarrayed allergen molecules for diagnostics of allergy / Jing Lin, Ludmilla Bardina, and Wayne G. Shreffler -- Monitoring B cell response to immunoselected phage-displayed peptides by microarrays / Lina Cekaite, Eiving Hovig, and Mouldy Sioud -- Epitope mapping using homolog-scanning mutagenesis / Lin-Fa Wang -- Epitope mapping by region-specified PCR-mutagenesis / Tsutomu Mikawa, Masayuki Ikeda, and Takehiko Shibata -- Epitope mapping using phage-display random fragment libraries / Lin-Fa Wang and Meng Yu -- Prediction of linear B-cell epitopes / Ulf Reimer -- Molecular recognition of diverse ligands by T-cell receptors / Eric J. Sundberg -- Identification of human MHC class I binding peptides using the iTOPIA epitope discovery system / Markus Wulf, Petra Hoehn, and Peter Trinder -- T-cell epitope mapping in Mycobacterium tuberculosis using PepMixes created by micro-scale SPOT synthesis / Marisa Frieder and David M. Lewinsohn -- High-throughput T-cell epitope discovery through MHC peptide exchange / Sine Reker Hadrup ... [et al.] -- T-cell epitope processing (the epitope flanking regions matter) / Alejandra Nacarino Martinez, Stefan Tenzer, and Hansjörg Schild -- Identification of MHC class II binding peptides : microarray and soluble MHC class II molecules / Simani Gaseitsiwe and Markus J. Maeurer -- T-cell epitope mapping / Raija K.S. Ahmed and Markus J. Maeurer -- Identification and validation of T-cell epitopes using the IFN-[gamma] EliSpot assay / Markus Wulf, Petra Hoehn, and Peter Trinder.
- EPR in the 21st century 2001, ScienceDirect
- Epstein-Barr virus protocols Springer Protocols
- EQ-5D concepts and methods 2005, Springer
- EQ-5D value sets 2007, Springer
- Eradication-- ridding the world of diseases forever? SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialHow shall we improve human health? One answer is: by eradication. The Gates Foundation announced in 2007 that their goal is malaria eradication; another of their priorities is polio eradication. Eradication means the complete elimination of a disease through deliberate human intervention. It stands for an absolute in public health. This book by the award-winning historian of medicine Nancy Leys Stepan is an accessible, beautifully written, and deeply researched examination of one of the most controversial issues in public health today. The eradication of disease might seem like an absolute good. But critics of eradication argue that the huge resources needed to achieve eradication could be better allocated toward developing primary health services and general improvement in health. This book aims to look at the benefits and drawbacks of single-minded efforts to rid the world of particular diseases, one at a time. The sweep of the book is impressive, from the origins of the idea of complete eradication in the early twentieth century until the present-day campaigns against polio, Guinea worm disease, and now malaria. The author places eradication's story in its many contexts, from imperialism, changing notions of public health, the history of medicine and its technologies, the development of international health agencies such as the World Health Organization, and the impact of the Cold War on the shift of attention to disease in developing countries. -- Jacket.
- Ergonomics and psychology 2008, CRCnetBASEEcological ergonomics / Marvin J. Dainoff -- Integrating cognitive and digital human models for virtual product design / Daniel W. Carruth and Vincent G. Duffy -- Time study during vocational training / Gregory Z. Bedny and Waldemar Karwowski -- The laws of ergonomics applied to design and testing of workstations / V.F. Venda, V.K. Kalin, and A.Y. Trofimov -- Day-to-day monitoring of an operator's functional state and fitness-for-work : a psychophysiological and engineering approach / Oleksandr Burov -- Identification of mental modules ; Identification of neural modules / Saul Sternberg -- The new interface of brain, mind, and machine : will the emergent whole be greater than the sum of the parts? / Chris Berka ... [et al.] -- The interaction of sleep and memory / Jeffrey M. Ellenbogen -- Attention, selection for action, error processing, and safety / Magdalena Fafrowicz and Tadeusz Marek -- Activity theory : comparative analysis of Eastern and Western approaches / Waldemar Karwowski, Gregory Z. Bedney, and Olexiy Y. Chebykin -- Discourse in activity / Harry Daniels -- Movements of the cane prior to locomotion judgments : the informer fallacy and the training fallacy versus the role of exploration / Gregory Burton and Jennifer Cyr -- Emotional intelligence : a novel approach to operationalizing the construct / E.L. Nosenko -- Emotional regulation of the learning process / Olexiy Y. Chebykin and S.D. Maksymenko -- Emotional resources of the professional trainer / G.V. Lozhkin -- Good judgment : the intersection of intelligence and personality / Robert Hogan, Joyce Hogan and Paul Barrett -- Relational self in action : relationships and behavior / Susan E. Cross and Kari A. Terzino.
- Ergonomics for beginners. 3rd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEPosture and movement -- Information and operation -- Environmental factors -- Work organization jobs and tasks -- The ergonomic approach -- Sources of additional information.
- Ergonomics for children 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Ergonomics for rehabilitation professionals 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Erosive tooth wear : a multifactorial condition of growing concern and increasing knowledge / A. Lussi, T.S. Carvalho -- Is erosive tooth wear an oral disease? / C. Ganss -- Diagnosis of erosive tooth wear / C. Ganss, A. Lussi -- The interaction between attrition, abrasion, and erosion in tooth wear / R.P. Shellis, M. Addy -- Challenges in assessing erosive tooth wear / V. Margaritis, J. Nunn -- Prevalence, incidence, and distribution of erosion / T. Jaeggi, A. Lussi -- Prevalence of erosive tooth wear in risk groups / N. Schlueter, A. Bjorg Tveit -- The histological features and physical properties of eroded dental hard tissues / C. Canss, A. Lussi, N. Schlueter -- Dentine hypersensitivity / N. West, J. Seong, M. Davies -- Methods for assessment of dental erosion / T. Attin, F.J. Wegehaupt -- Erosion in relation to nutrition and the environment / M.E. Barbour, A. Lussi -- Oral hygiene products, medications, and drugs -- hidden aetiological factors for dental erosion / E. Hellwig, A. Lussi -- Understanding the chemistry of dental erosion / R.P. Shellis, J.D.B. Featherstone, A. Lussi -- Intrinsic causes of erosion / R. Moazzez, D. Bartlett -- The potential of saliva in protecting against dental erosion / H.T. Hara, D.T. Zero -- The pellicle and erosion / M. Hannig, C. Hannig -- The role of oral hygiene : does toothbrushing harm? / A. Wiegand, N. Schlueter -- Risk assessment and causal preventive measures / A. Lussi, A. Hellwig -- The role of fluoride in erosion therapy / M.C. Huysmans, A. Young, C Ganss -- Alternatives to fluoride in the prevention and treatment of dental erosion / M.A.R. Buzalaf, A.C. Magalhaes, A. Wiegand -- Restorative therapy of erosive lesions / A. Peutzfeldt, T. Jaeggi, A. Lussi -- Erosive tooth wear in children / T.S. Carvalho, A. Lussi, T. Jaeggi, D.L. Gambon.
- Erythropoietin and the nervous system 2006, Springer1. History and Biology of Erythropoietin in Hematopoietic and Non-Neural Tissues / Giorgia Melli, Sanjay Keswani and Ahmet Höke, p. 1-13 -- 2. Expression of Erythropoietin and Its Receptor in the Central Nervous System / Hugo Marti and Christian Bauer, p. 15-31 -- 3. Erythropoietin and Neuroprotection in the Central Nervous System: Intracellular Signaling Pathways / Murat Digicaylioglu, p. 33-48 -- 4. Regulation of Erythropoietin Expression in the Nervous System: The Hypoxia Inducible Factor / Juan Chavez and JoAnn Gensert, p. 49-67 -- 5. Erythropoietin Neuroprotection in the Term and Preterm Infant: Safety and Efficacy / Eric Demers and Sandra Juul, p. 69-98 -- 6. Erythropoietin for the Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke: Preclinical Rationale / Michael Renzi, Linda Jolliffe, Francis Farrell and Kenneth Rhodes, p. 99-112 -- 7. Erythropoietin Neuroprotection in the Retina / Gundula Rohde, Mathias Bähr and Jochen Weishaupt, p. 113-126 -- 8. Erythropoietin for Treatment of Human Brain Disease: Experience from Proof-of-Concept Trials / Hannelore Ehrenreich and Anna-Leena Sirén, p. 127-145 -- 9. Erythropoietin in Spinal Cord Injury Challenges for a Novel Neuroprotective Strategy / Michael Brines and Anthony Cerami, p. 147-164 -- 10. Erythropoietin and Neuroprotection in the Peripheral Nervous System: In Vivo Studies / W. Campana, p. 165-177 -- 11. An Endogenous Pathway Preventing Axonal Degeneration Mediated by Schwann Cell-Derived Erythropoietin / Sanjay Keswani and Ahmet Höke, p. 179-190 -- 12. Role of Erythropoietin in Inflammatory Pathologies of the CNS/ Pietro Ghezzi, Paolo Bigini and Manuela Mengozzi, p. 191-209 -- 13. Development of Non-Erythropoietic Erythropoietin Variants for Neuroprotection / Lars Torup and Marcel Leist, p. 211-219.
- Erythropoietins and erythropoiesis 2006, Springer
- Erythropoiesis: an overview / B.E. Torbett and J.S. Friedman -- Regulation of endogenous erythropoietin production / D.R. Mole and P.J. Ratcliffe -- Biology of erythropoietin / G. Molineux and A.M. Sinclair -- Erythropoiesis - genetic abnormalities / J.T. Prchal and X.T. Gregg -- Studies of erythropoiesis and the discovery and cloning of recombinant human erythropoietin / M.A. Foote -- Commercial production of recombinant erythropoietins / A.S. Chuck ... [et al.] -- Biosimilar epoetins / H. Schellekens -- New molecules and formulations / S.G. Elliott -- Structural basis for the signal transduction of erythropoietin / T.D. Osslund -- Intracellular signaling by the erythropoietin receptor / H.F. Lodish ... [et al.] -- Mechanism of erythropoietin receptor activation / S.N. Constantinescu -- Pharmacokinetics of erythropoiesis-stimulating agents / S. Doshi ... [et al.] -- Use of erythropoietic stimulating agents in the setting of renal disease / D.A. Goodkin -- Abuse of recombinant erythropoietins and blood products by athletes / D.H. Catlin and C.K. Hatton -- Role and regulation of iron metabolism in erythropoiesis and disease / T.L. Arvedson and B.J. Sasu -- Nonhematopoietic effects of erythropoiesis-stimulating agents / W. Jelkmann, R. Depping and E. Metzen.
- ESC guidelines desk reference. Ed. 2011. 2011, SpringerCardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice 2007 Fourth Joint European Societies' Task Force on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice -- -- Arterial Hypertension 2007 ESH-ESC Task Force on the Management of Arterial Hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) -- Diabetes, Pre-diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases 2007 The Task Force on Diabetes and Cardiovascular Diseases of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) -- Non-ST-segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes 2007 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes of the European Society of Cardiology -- AMI in Patients Presenting with Persistent ST-Segment Elevation 2008 The Task Force on the Management of ST-Segment Elevation Acute Myocardial Infarction of the European Society of Cardiology -- Stable Angina Pectoris 2006 The Task Force on the Management of Stable Angina Pectoris of the European Society of Cardiology -- Myocardial Revascularisation 2011 Joint Task Force on Myocardial Revascularisation of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Association of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS). Developed with the special contribution of the European Association for Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions (EAPCI) -- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy 2003 The Task Force on Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy of the American College of Cardiology Foundation and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines -- Pericardial Diseases 2004 The Task Force on the Diagnosis and Management of Pericardial Disease of the European Society of Cardiology -- Grown-up congenital heart disease 2011 The Task Force on the Management of Grown-up Congenital Heart Disease of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Endorsed by Association for European Paediatric Cardiology (AEPC) -- Neonatal Electrocardiogram 2002 The Task Force for the interpretation of the Neonatal Electrocardiogram of the European Society of Cardiology -- Cardiovascular Disease during Pregnancy 2003 The Task Force on the Management of Cardiovascular Diseases during Pregnancy of the European Society of Cardiology -- Valvular Heart Disease 2007 The Task Force on the Management of Valvular Heart Disease of the European Society of Cardiology -- Infective Endocarditis 2009 The Task Force on the Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment of Infective Endocarditis of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), endorsed by the European Society of Clinical Microbiology, Infectious Diseases (ESCMID) and by the International Society of Chemotherapy (ISC) for Infection and Cancer -- Pulmonary Hypertension 2009 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Respiratory Society (ERS), endorsed by the International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) and by the Association for European Paediatric Cardiology (AEPC) -- Supraventricular Arrhythmias (SVA) 2003 A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Develop Guidelines for the Management of Patients with Supraventricular Arrhythmias) -- Atrial Fibrillation 2010 The Task Force for the Management of Patients with Atrial Fibrillation (2010 Version) of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed with the special contribution of the European Heart Rhythm Association Endorsed by the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS) -- Syncope 2009 The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Syncope of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed in collaboration with the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA)¹, the Heart Failure Association (HFA)² and the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS)³ Endorsed by the following societies: European Society of Emergency Medicine (EuSEM)⁴, European Federation of Internal Medicine (EFIM)⁵, European Union Geriatric Medicine Society (EUGMS)⁶, American Geriatrics Society (AGS), European Neurological Society (ENS)⁷, American Autonomic Society (AAS)⁸, European Federation of Autonomic Societies (EFAS)⁹ -- Ventricular Arrhythmias and the Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death 2006 A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force and the European Society of Cardiology Committee for Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Develop Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Ventricular Arrhythmias and the Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death) Developed in Collaboration With the European Heart Rhythm Association and the Heart Rhythm Society -- Cardiac Pacing and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy 2007 ESC Task Force on Cardiac Pacing and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Developed in collaboration with the European Heart Rhythm Association -- Universal Definition of Myocardial Infarction 2007 The joint ESC-ACCF-AHA-WHF Task Force for the Redefinition of Myocardial Infarction -- Acute and Chronic Heart Failure 2008 The Task Force on Heart Failure of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Developed in collaboration with the Heart Failure Association of the ESC (HFA) -- Device Therapy in Heart Failure 2011 The Task Force for an update of the 2008 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure and the 2007 ESC Guidelines for cardiac resynchronization therapy. Developed with the special contribution of the Heart Failure Association (HFA) and the European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA) of the ESC -- Preoperative Cardiac Risk Assessment and Perioperative Cardiac Management in Non-Cardiac Surgery 2009 The Task Force for Preoperative Cardiac Risk Assessment and Perioperative Cardiac Management in Non-Cardiac Surgery of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), endorsed by the European Society of Anaesthesiology (ESA).
- ESC Textbook of cardiovascular imaging 2010, Springer
- Escherichia coli 2002, ScienceDirectThe genomes of Escherichia coli K-12 and pathogenic E. coli / Nicole T. Perna, Jeremy D. Glasner, Valerie Burland and Guy Plunkett III -- Evolution of pathogenic Escherichia coli / James R. Johnson -- Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli / T. Eric Blank, Jean-Philippe Nougayrède and Michael S. Donnenberg -- Enterohemorrhagic and other shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli / Cheleste M. Thorpe, Jennifer M. Ritchie and David W.K. Acheson -- Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli / Eric A. Elsinghorst -- Enteroaggregative and diffusely adherent Escherichia coli / James P. Nataro and Theodore Steiner -- Shigella and enteroinvasive Escherichia coli : paradigms for pathogen evolution and host-parasite interactions / William A. Day and Anthony T. Maurelli -- Uropathogenic Escherichia coli / Farah Bahrani-Mougeot, Nereus W. Gunther IV, Michael S. Donnenberg and Harry L.T. Mobley -- Meningitis-associated Escherichia coli / Kwang Sik Kim -- Adhesive pili of the Chaperone-Usher family / James G. Bann, Karen W. Dodson, Carl Frieden and Scott J. Hultgren -- Type IV pili / W. Schreiber and Michael S. Donnenberg -- The LEE-encoded Type III secretion system in EPEC and EHEC : assembly, function, and regulation / J. Adam Crawford, T. Eric Blank and James B. Kaper -- Hemolysin / Vassilis Koronakis and Colin Hughes -- Capsule and lipopolysaccharide / Thomas A. Russo.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Esophageal diseases 2006Print Material
- Esophagus. 4th ed. 2004Print Material
- ESR spectroscopy in membrane biophysics 2007, Springer
- Print Material
- Essence of cancer 2011Print MaterialEpistemology --Thermodynamics --Information and noise --Cellular signal --Cancer metabolism --Genomics --Modulating noise in gene expression --Involvement in carcinogenesis --An ideal model of differentiation --Conclusion.
- Essence of chromatography 2003, ScienceDirectGeneral concepts in column chromatography -- The column in gas chromatography -- Instrumental aspects of gas chromatography -- The column in liquid chromatography -- Instrumental aspects of liquid chromatography -- Thin-layer chromatography -- Supercritical fluid chromatography -- Capillary-electromigration separation techniques -- Spectroscopic detectors for identification and quantification -- Separation of stereoisomers -- Laboratory-scale preparative chromatography.
- Introduction to the Art of Communication, p. 1-8 -- Part I. The Written Document: Prose and Panic -- ch. 1. Planning the Document, p. 11-24 -- ch. 2. Acquiring a Healthy Writing Attitude, p. 25-33 -- ch. 3. Producing the Document, p. 35-46 -- Part II. The Formal Presentation: Dissertation or Disaster -- ch. 4. Planning the Presentation, p. 51-69 -- ch. 5. Acquiring the Successful Presentation Attitude, p. 71-79 -- ch. 6. Conducting the Presentation, p. 81-89 -- Part III. The Informal Discussion: Meetings and Mishaps -- ch. 7. Planning for the Meeting, p. 93-103 -- ch. 8. Acquiring a Meeting Attitude, p. 105-110 -- ch. 9. Participating in the Meeting, p. 111-119 -- Part IV. Cross-Culture Communication: Bridging the Gap -- ch. 10. Understanding a Communication Culture Gap, p. 125-136 -- ch. 11. Writing for any Group of Readers, p. 137-149 -- ch. 12. Presenting to Any Audience, p. 151-162 -- ch. 13. Meeting with Anyone or Any Group, p. 163-173 -- ch. 14. Conclusion, p. 17.
- Essence of memory 2008, ScienceDirect
- Essential anesthesia 2004Print Material
- Essential bioinformatics SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialIntroduction to biological databases -- Pairwise sequence alignment -- Database similarity searching -- Multiple sequence alignment -- Profiles and hidden Markov models -- Protein motifs and domain prediction -- Gene prediction -- Promoter and regulatory element prediction -- Phylogenetics basics -- Phylogenetic tree construction methods and programs -- Protein structure basics -- Protein structure visualization, comparision, and classification -- Protein secondary structure prediction -- Protein tertiary structure prediction -- RNA structure prediction -- Genome mapping, assembly, and comparison -- Functional genomics -- Proteomics.
- Essential cardiology. 3rd ed. 2013, SpringerMultivariable Evaluation of Candidates for Cardiovascular Disease / Ralph B. D'Agostino Sr., William B. Kannel -- Molecular and Cellular Basis of Myocardial Contractility / Arnold M. Katz -- Ventricular Function / Lionel H. Opie -- Vascular Function / Rhian M. Touyz -- Thrombosis / Farzana R. Bacchus, Mark Crowther -- The History and Physical Examination of the Cardiovascular System / Rajat Gupta, Patrick O'Gara -- Electrocardiography / Tara L. DiMino, Alexander Ivanov, -- Echocardiography / Daniel G. Blanchard, Anthony N. DeMaria -- Exercise Testing / Abhimanyu (Manu) Uberoi, Shirin Zarafshar -- Radiology of the Heart / Christopher M. Walker, Gautham P. Reddy -- Cardiac Catheterization / Nirat Beohar, Mark J. Ricciardi -- Nuclear Imaging in Cardiovascular Medicine / Diwakar Jain, Barry L. Zaret, -- Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance and Multidetector Computed Tomography / Gabriel Vorobiof, Norman Elliot Lepor, Mark Doyle -- Choosing Appropriate Imaging Techniques / Martin E. Goldman, Anthony F. Yu -- Electrophysiology of Cardiac Arrhythmias / Sei Iwai, Steven M. Markowitz, Bruce B. Lerman -- Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias / Suraj Kapa, Francis E. Marchlinski -- Syncope / Venkata Krishna Puppala, Scott Sakaguchi -- Pathophysiology of Heart Failure / Martin R. Cowie, -- Treatment of Congestive Heart Failure / Stephen S. Gottlieb -- Congenital Heart Disease / Matina Prapa, Dimitra Krexi, Anselm Uebing -- Pathogenesis of Atherosclerosis / Prediman K. Shah -- Coronary Blood Flow and Myocardial Ischemia / Brian R. Weil, John M. Canty Jr. -- Risk Factors and Prevention, Including Hyperlipidemia / Antonio M. Gotto Jr., John A. Farmer -- Stable Angina / Sachin Mehta, Neal Kleiman, -- Unstable Angina and Non-ST Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction (Acute Coronary Syndromes) / Sachin Mehta, Neal Kleiman, -- ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction / Jonathan R. Enriquez, James A. de Lemos -- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation / Joseph P. Ornato -- Cardiac Rehabilitation and Secondary Prevention After Acute MI / Arthur S. Leon -- Rheumatic Fever and Valvular Heart Disease / Blanche J. Cupido -- Infective Endocarditis / Adolf W. Karchmer -- Hypertension: Mechanisms and Diagnosis / Clive Rosendorff -- Hypertension Therapy / Norman M. Kaplan, Odelia Cooper, Ronald G. Victor -- Cardiomyopathies and Myocarditis / Colleen M. Harrington, Edward K. Kasper, -- Pericardial Disease / Bernhard Maisch -- Pulmonary Vascular Disease / Eoin P. Judge, Dermot O'Callaghan, Sean P. Gaine -- Diseases of the Aorta / David M. Dudzinski, Eric M. Isselbacher -- Cardiovascular Disease in Women / Benjamin D. Mackie, Nanette Kass Wenger, -- Pregnancy and Heart Disease / T. P. E. Ruys, Mark R. Johnson -- Heart Disease in the Elderly / Michael W. Rich -- Cardiovascular Complications in Patients with Renal Disease / Sheldon W. Tobe -- Diabetes and the Cardiovascular System / Paul Cohen, Jorge Plutzky -- Cancer Therapy-Induced Cardiomyopathy / Peter Kim, Pimprapa Vejpongsa, Edward T. H. Yeh -- Assessment of Patients with Heart Disease for Fitness for Noncardiac Surgery / Lee A. Fleisher, Joseph S. Savino -- Cardiovascular Gene Therapy / Thomas J. LaRocca, Roger J. Hajjar -- Cardiovascular Cell Therapy / Annarosa Leri, Jan Kajstura, Marcello Rota -- Preventive Cardiology / Temilolu O. Aje, Michael Miller -- Peripheral Arterial Disease / Giovina Lara Bomba, Jonathan L. Halperin.
- Essential concepts in toxicogenomics 2008, Springer ProtocolsToxicogenomics and classical toxicology, how to improve prediction and mechanistic understanding of human toxicity / Donna L. Mendrick -- Use of traditional endpoints and gene dysregulation to understand mechanisms of toxicity / Wayne R. Buck, Jeffrey F. Waring, Eric A. Blomme -- Quality control of microarray assays for toxicogenomic and in vitro diagnostic applications / Karol L. Thompson and Joseph Hackett -- Role of statistics in toxicogenomics / Michael Elashoff -- Predictive toxicogenomics in preclinical discovery / Scott A. Barros and Rory B. Martin -- In vivo predictive toxicogenomics / Mark W. Porter -- Bioinformatics, databasing and gene annotation / Lyle D. Burgoon and Timothy R. Zacharewski -- Microarray probe mapping and annotation in cross - species comparative toxicogenomics / John N Calley, William B Mattes, Timothy P. Ryan -- Toxicogenomics in biomarker discovery -- Marc F. DeCristofaro, Kellye K. Daniels -- From pharmacogenomics to translational biomarkers / Donna L. Mendrick -- Public consortium efforts in toxicogenomics / William B. Mattes -- Applications of toxicogenomics to nonclinical drug development / Frank D. Sistare, Joseph J. DeGeorge.
- Essential dance medicine 2009, Springer
- Essential echocardiography 2007, SpringerEchocardiographic instumentation and principles of doppler echocardiography / Scott D. Solomon -- Introduction to imaging: the normal examination / Dara Lee and Scott D. Solomon -- Protocol and nomenclature in transthoracic echocardiography / Bernard E. Bulwer and Jose Rivero -- Clinical utility of echocardiography / Bernard E. Bulwer, Faisal Shamshad, and Scott D. Solomon -- Echocardiographic assessment of ventricular systolic function / Bernard E. Bulwer, Scott D. Solomon, and Rajesh Janardhanan -- Echocardiographic assessment of diastolic function / Carolyn Y. Ho -- Echocardiography in myocardial infarction / Justina C. Wu -- Stress echocardiography : indications, protocols, and interpretation / Edmund A. Bermudez and Ming Hui Chen -- Cardiomyopathies / Bernard E. Bulwer and Scott D. Solomon -- Pericardial disease / Ashvin N. Pande and Leonard S. Lilly -- Echocardiographic assessment of aortic stenosis / Edmund A. Bermudez -- Echocardiographic evaluation of aortic regurgitation / Susan M. Sallach and Sharon C. Reimold -- Mitral stenosis / Robert J. Ostfeld -- Mitral regurgitation / Jacqueline Suk Danik and Bernard E. Bulwer -- Infective endocarditis / Nagesh S. Anavekar, Marcus Averbach, and Bernard E. Bulwer -- Role of echocardiography in the management of atrial fibrillation / Warren J. Manning -- Cardiac source of embolus / Justina C. Wu -- Echocardiography in pulmonary embolism and secondary pulmonary hypertension / David Aguilar and Bernard E. Bulwer -- Cardiac masses and tumors / Justina C. Wu -- Aortic dissection and other diseases of the aorta / Laura Benzaquen -- Echocardiography in the assessment of artrial septal defects / Edmund A. Bermudez -- Adult congenital heart disease in general echocardiography practice : an introduction / Bernard E. Bulwer and Michael J. Landzberg -- Transesophageal echocardiography multiplane examination primer / Bernard E. Bulwer and Stanton K. Shernan.
- Print MaterialThe endocrine system -- The biological principles of endocrinology -- The molecular basis of endocrinology -- Investigations in endocrinology -- The hypothalamus and pituitary gland -- The adrenal gland -- Reproductive endocrinology -- The thyroid gland -- Calcium and metabolic bone disease -- Endocrine neoplasia -- Overview of diabetes -- Type 1 diabetes -- Type 2 diabetes -- Complications of diabetes -- Obesity.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Essential fatty acids and eicosanoids 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Print MaterialThe genetic code of genes and genomes -- Transmission genetics: heritage from Mendel -- The chromosomal basis of heredity -- Gene linkage and genetic mapping -- Human chromosomes and chromosome behavior -- DNA structure, replication, and manipulation -- The genetics of bacteria and their viruses -- The molecular genetics of gene expression -- Molecular mechanisms of gene regulation -- Genomics, proteomics, and genetic engineering -- The genetic control of development -- Molecular mechanisms of mutation and DNA repair -- Molecular genetics of the cell cycle and cancer -- Molecular evolution and population genetics -- The genetic basis of complex inheritance.
- Essential guide to blood coagulation. 2nd ed. 2013, WileySchematic presentation of the hemostatic system / Nils Egberg -- Proposals for sampling instructions / Margareta Blombäck and Nils Egberg -- Laboratory investigations / Jovan P. Antovic, Liselotte Onelöv, and Nils Egberg -- Hereditary bleeding disorders / Margareta Holmström and Lars-Göran Lundberg -- Critical bleeding / Maria Bruzelius, Anna Ågren, and Hans Johnsson -- Investigation of increased bleeding tendency / Margareta Holmström and Lars Göran Lundberg -- Venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism / Anders Carlsson -- Investigations of thromboembolic tendency / Margareta Holmström -- Heart disease / Håkan Wallen and Rickard Linder -- Antiplatelet drug therapy and reversal of its effects / Håkan Wallen, Hans Johnsson, and Bo-Michael Bellander -- New oral anticoagulants : focus on currently approved oral factor Xa and thombin inhibitors / Rickard E. Malmström and Hans Johnsson -- Stroke and transient ischemic attack / Nils Wahlgren and Mia von Euler -- Peripheral artery surgery / Jesper Swedenborg -- Hemostasis in obstetrics and gynecology / Katarina Bremme -- Hemostasis in children / Susanna Ranta and Pia Petrini -- Emergency conditions associated with coagulation : DIC, HIT, and TTP/HUS / Jovan P. Antovic and Margareta Holmström.
- Print Material
- Essential guide to reading biomedical papers 2013, WileyThis concise, easy-to-follow text gives an insight into core techniques and practices in biomedical research and how, when and why a technique should be used and presented in the literature. Readers are alerted to common failures and misinterpretations that may evade peer review and are equipped with the judgment necessary to be properly critical of the findings claimed by research articles. --from publisher description
- Print Material
- Essential infectious disease topics for primary care 2008, SpringerPart I. Upper Respiratory Tract Infections -- 1. Clinical guidelines: community acquired pneumonia / John Russell -- 2. Pharyngitis / Adrian Wilson -- 3. Treatment and management of acute otitis media / Ross H. Albert and Neil S. Skolnik -- 4. Management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbations and acute bronchitis / Michael Gagnon -- 5. Latent tuberculosis infection: testing and treatment / Pamela Ann Fenstemacher -- 6. Sinusitis / Megan Werner and Mathew Clark -- Part II. Gastrointestinal Infections -- 7. Gastroenteritis / Andrew Deroo and Matthew Mintz -- 8. Hepatitis / Michele Lamoreux -- III. Sexually Transmitted Diseases -- 9. Sexually transmitted diseases / Neil Skolnik -- 10. Human immunodeficiency virus / Rosemary Harris -- IV. Skin, Bone, and Joint Infection -- 11. Cellulitis and skin infections associated with bites / Steven Zinn and Judith O'Donnell -- 12. Diabetic foot infections / Thomas C. McGinley Jr. -- 13, Osteomyelitis / Kelly Gannon and Todd Braun -- 14. Septic arthritis and infectious bursitis / Gene Hong and Nirandra Mahamitra -- 15. Lyme disease prevention, diagnosis, and treatment / Ross Albert and Neil Skolnik -- V. Other Infectious Disease Topics -- 16. Infective endocarditis / Tina Degnan and Neil Skolnik -- 17. Meningitis / Anne T. Wiedemann -- 18. Urinary tract infections / Jennifer Neria and Matthew Mintz -- 19. Adult immunizations / John Russell and Ross Albert -- 20. Clinical ethics and infectious disease in family medicine / Janet Fleetwood.
- Print Material
- Essential medical facts every clinician should know 2011, Springer
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Essential neuromodulation. First edition [1st ed.] 2011, ScienceDirectNeuromodulation is an emerging field that explores the use of electrical, chemical, and mechanical interventions to heal neurological deficits. Such neurostimulation has already shown great promise with disorders and diseases such as chronic pain, epilepsy, and Parkinson's disease. This is the first concise reference covering all of the basic principles of neuromodulation in a single affordable volume for neuro-residents, fellows, and basic clinical practitioners, edited by two prominent clinical experts in the field. This volume emphasizes essential observations from all of the important clinical phases involved in any neuromodulation: targeting, intraoperative assessment, programming, complications, and complication avoidance. There are commonalities to all neuromodulation procedures that must be brought to the forefront to form a cohesive presentation of neuromodulation, and such emphasis will give readers a more solid grounding in the fundamentals needed to embrace this field as a cohesive clinical entity.
- Print MaterialBasic nuclear medicine physics -- Interaction of radiation with matter -- Formation of radionuclides -- Nonscintillation detectors -- Nonimaging scintillation detectors -- Imaging instrumentation -- Single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) -- Positron emission tomography (PET) -- Combined PET/CT imaging -- Quality control -- Radiation biology -- Radiation dosimetry -- Radiation safety -- Management of nuclear event casualties.
- Essential oil safety. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2014, ScienceDirectIntroduction -- Essential oil composition -- Toxicity -- Kinetics and dosing -- The skin -- The respiratory system -- The cardiovascular system -- The urinary system -- The digestive system -- The nervous system -- The reproductive system -- Cancer and the immune system -- Essential oil profiles -- Constituent profiles -- General safety guidelines.
- Print MaterialIntroduction -- History and clinical examination -- Orthopaedic anatomy -- Basic science in orthopaedics -- Investigations -- Methods of treatment -- The principles of managing trauma -- Immediate care and major incidents -- Methods of managing trauma -- Injuries to the face, head and spine -- Injuries to the trunk -- Injuries to the upper limb -- Hand injuries -- Injuries to the lower limb -- Sports injuries -- Osteoarthritis -- Rheumatoid arthritis and other arthropathies -- Bone and joint infections -- Metabolic disease, dysplasias, osteochondritis, and neurological disorders -- Granulomatous disorders and tumours -- Deformities in children -- Disorders of the shoulder and elbow -- Disorders of the wrist and hand -- Disorders of the hip and knee -- Disorders of the ankle and foot -- Disorders of the spine.
- Print MaterialAnatomy of the ear / K. J. Lee -- Audiology / Kathleen C. M. Campbell, James E. Peck, and K. J. Lee -- Electrical response audiometry / Derald E. Brackmann, Manuel Don, and Weldon Selters -- The vestibular system / Charles C. Della Santina, Lloyd B. Minor, and John P. Carey -- Congenital hearing loss / K. J. Lee and Seilesh C. Babu -- Cochlear implants / Richard T. Miyamoto -- Skull base surgery / Paul J. Donald and Hilary A. Brodie -- Facial nerve paralysis / Elizabeth H. Toh and K. J. Lee -- Syndromes and eponyms / K. J. Lee and Mark Lee -- Embryology of clefts and pouches / K. J. Lee and Jay Farrior -- Cleft lip and palate / Eric J. Moore and Craig W. Senders -- Infections of the ear / Sarah S. Connell and Thomas J. Balkany -- Noninfectious disorders of the ear / Jay Farrior and K. J. Lee -- The nose and paranasal sinuses / Martin J. Citardi and Pete S. Batra -- The paranasal sinuses: embryology, anatomy, endoscopic diagnosis, and treatment / David W. Kennedy and Bradford A. Woodworth -- Obstructive sleep apnea / Jean M. Bruch and Nicolas Y. Busaba -- Immunology and allergy / John Houck -- Salivary gland diseases / Robert L. Witt -- The oral cavity, pharynx, and esophagus / David E. Eibling -- The larynx / Gayle E. Woodson and Ninef E. Zaya -- Neck spaces and fascial planes / Nilesh R. Vasan -- Thyroid and parathyroid glands / Ralph P. Tufano, Chad A Glazer, and Gregory W. Randolph -- Cysts and tumors of the jaws / John P. Kelly -- Carotid body tumors and vascular anomalies / Nilesh R. Vasan and Greg A. Krempl -- TNM classification in otolaryngology----head and neck surgery / Thomas G. Takoudes -- Malignant melanoma / Greg Krempl -- Cancer of the larynx, paranasal sinuses, and temporal bone / Nilesh R. Vasan -- Carcinoma of the oral cavity, pharynx, and esophagus / James P. Malone and K. Thomas Robbins -- Reconstructive head and neck surgery / Mark Delacure -- Facial plastic surgery / Tessa Hadlock and Mack L. Cheney -- Pediatric otolaryngology / Kathleen Sie -- Anesthesia for head and neck surgery / K. J. Lee -- Surgical hemostasis and clotting mechanisms / John E. Godwin and Raghu Kolluri -- Chemotherapy of head and neck cancer / Harold Tara and Bruce Lundberg -- Related neurology and neurosurgery / Isaac Goodrich, James C. McVeety, and K. J. Lee -- Related ophthalmology / K. J. Lee -- The chest / K. J. Lee -- Fluid, electrolytes, and nutrition / K. Chris McMains and Frank R. Miller -- Antimicrobial therapy in otolaryngology----head and neck surgery / David N. F. Fairbanks -- Pharmacology and therapeutics / Mark D'Agostino, K. J. Lee -- Highlights and pearls / Ryan B. Scannell and K. J. Lee.
- Print Material
- Essential physical medicine and rehabilitation 2006, SpringerTraumatic brain injury / Ramnik Singh and Michael W. O'Dell -- Stroke / Brenda S. Mallory -- Spinal cord injury / Monifa Brooks and Steven Kirshblum -- Prosthetics and orthotics / Heikki Uustal -- Cardiac rehabilitation / Mathew N. Bartels -- Pulmonary rehabilitation / Mathew N. Bartels -- Pediatric rehabilitation / Jilda N. Vargus-Adams -- Neuromuscular rehabilitation / Nancy E. Strauss, Shikha Sethi, and Stanley J. Myers -- Cancer rehabilitation / Michael D. Stubblefield and Christian M. Custodio -- Orthopedic rehabilitation / C. David Lin -- Spine and musculoskeletal medicine / Grant Cooper, Yusuf Tatli, and Gregory E. Lutz -- Electrodiagnostic medicine / Joseph Feinberg ... [et al.].
- Essential practice guidelines in primary care 2007, SpringerSeventh report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment Of High Blood Pressure / Benjamin J. Epstein -- Hyperlipidemia / Andrew Cohen and Neil S. Skolnik -- Management of newly diagnosed atrial fibrillation: a clinical practice guideline from the American Academy of Family Physicians and the American College of Physicians / Jaya Udayasankar and Doron Schneider -- Antithrombotic therapy for venous thromboembolic disease / George P.N. Samraj -- Antithrombotic therapy for atrial fibrillation, valvular heart disease, management of elevated INRs and perioperative management / Ann Peff and Doron Schneider -- Prevention of bacterial endocarditis / Margot Boigon and Doron Schneider -- Clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of asthma / Michael Gagnon and Neil S. Skolnik -- Community acquired pneumonia and health-care associated pneumonia clinical guidelines / John Russell -- Diagnosis and management of otitis media: joint guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics and American Academy of Family Physicians / Richard Neill --Appropriate antibiotic use for treatment of nonspecific upper respiratory infections, rhinosinusitis, and acute bronchitis in adults / Tina H. Degnan and Neil S. Skolnik -- Group A streptococcal pharyngitis: the Infectious Disease Society of America / Mario Napoletano -- Prevention of perinatal group B streptococcal disease / Ross Albert, Neil S. Skolnik, and Richard Neill -- Adult immunizations / Brett Fissell and Neil S. Skolnik -- Rabies prevention / Doron Schneider -- Practice guidelines for the management of infectious diarrhea / Pam Fenstemacher -- Tuberculosis testing and treatment of latent infection / Pam Fenstemacher -- Sexually transmitted diseases treatment guidelines, 2006 / Neil S. Skolnik -- Updated US public health service guidelines for the management of occupational exposure to HBV, HCV, and HIV and recommendations for postexposure prophylaxis / David Gary Smith -- Screening for osteoporosis in postmenopausal women / Richard Neill --Managing abnormal cervical cytology and cervical intraepithelial neoplasia: 2001 consensus guidelines / Amy Clouse -- Dementia / William McCarberg -- Diagnosis and treatment of migraine headaches / Richard Neill -- Concussion guidelines in athletes / David Webner -- Restless legs syndrome / Matthew Clark -- Depression: pharmacological treatment / John E. Sutherland -- Diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of the school-aged child with attention deficit hyperactive disorder / Richard Neill -- Practice guidelines for the treatment of patients with delirium / Mary Hofmann and Doron Schneider -- Panic disorder / Diane Dietzen and Doron Schneider.
- Print Material
- Essential radiology for sports medicine 2010, SpringerKnee injuries / Melanie A. Hopper and Andrew J. Grainger -- Hip, pelvis, and groin injuries / Philip Robinson -- Ankle and foot injuries / Ne Siang Chew ... [et al.] -- Osseous stress injury in athletes / Melanie A. Hopper and Philip Robinson -- Shoulder injuries / Andrew J. Grainger and Philip F.J. Tirman -- Elbow injuries / Kenneth S. Lee, Michael J. Tuite, and Humberto G. Rosas -- Hand and wrist injuries / Philip J. O'Connor -- Postoperative imaging in sports medicine / Ali Naraghi and Lawrence M. White -- Muscle injury and complications / Abhijit Datir and David A. Connell -- Sports-related disorders of the spine and sacrum / Rob Campbell and Andrew Dunn -- Ultrasound-guided sports intervention / Philip J. O'Connor.
- Essential radiology. 2nd ed. 2006, Thieme Book
- Print Material
- Essential simulation in clinical education 2013, WileyEssential simulation in clinical education / Judy McKimm and Kirsty Forrest -- Medical simulation : the journey so far / Aidan Byrne -- The evidence what works, why and how? / Doris Ostergaard and Jacob Rosenberg -- Pedagogy in simulation-based training in health care / Peter Dieckmann and Charlotte Ringsted -- Assessment / Thomas Gale and Martin Roberts -- The roles of faculty and simulated patients in simulation / Bryn Baxendale, Frank Coffey, and Andrew Buttery -- Surgical technical skills / Rajesh Aggarwal and Amit Mishra -- The non-technical skills / Nikki Maran, Simon Edgar, and Alistair May -- Teamwork / Jennifer Weller -- Designing effective simulation activities / Joanne Barrott ... [et al.] -- Distributed simulation / Jessica Janice Tang ... [et al.] -- Providing effective simulation activities / Walter J Eppich, Lanty O'Connor, and Mark Adler -- Simulation in practice / edited by Jean Keri -- The future for simulation.
- Essential SQLAlchemy SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialThis text presents a detailed introduction to SQLAlchemy, the code library for Python users that makes it easier to access popular databases such as Oracle and MySQL. It demonstrates how to use the library to create simple database applications, and walks readers through simple queries.
- Print Material
- Essential urologic laparoscopy. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerGetting started in laparascopy -- Laparoscopic instrumentation -- Laparoscopic access -- Laparoscopic and robotic pelvic lymphadenectomy -- Laparoscopic renal cyst decorticadtion -- Laparoscopic simple nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic readical nephrectomy: transperitoneal approach -- Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic nephroureterectomy -- Laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy -- Laparoscopic and robotic pyeloplasty -- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy -- Laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for nonseminomatous germ cell tumors -- Laparoscopic cystectomy and urinary diversion -- Laparoscopic radical cystectomy and urinary diversion with handport assistance -- Laparoscopic and robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy -- Complications of laparoscopic urologic surgery -- Laparoscopic renal ablation.
- Essential urology-- a guide to clinical practice. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerExtensively revised and updated, the second edition of Essential Urology: A Guide to Clinical Practice provides support to primary care physicians through its review of common genitourinary problems. This edition continues to provide the primary care physician with tools to better recognize urological diseases as well as updated management strategies for these disorders. To enhance the theme of comprehensive care and family medicine, the volume is formatted according to the life cycle and the urological challenges, which may be detected and diagnosed by primary care physicians respective of the patient's stage in life, beginning with pregnancy and in utero diagnoses. Pediatric themes such as infection and voiding dysfunctions are followed by adult urological topics ranging from prostate diseases, nephrolithiasis, overactive bladder syndromes, incontinence and urological cancer screening. Three new chapters are added addressing male infertility/andrology and the growing demand for integrative and alternative medical care of urologic patients, as well as commonly encountered dermatological problems in the genital area.Essential Urology: A Guide to Clinical Practice, Second Edition is extremely comprehensive and yet, very accessible. It is authored by experts representing the spectrum of urological subspecialties, further enhancing the value of this unique work.
- Essential US for trauma 2014, SpringerE-FAST (extended focused assessment by sonograpy for trauma) represents the basic ultrasonographic approach to any trauma patient. Identification or exclusion of free fluid and air in the abdominal and thoracic cavities plays a pivotal role in deciding the immediate diagnostic and therapeutic path. Learning E-FAST is mandatory for all acute care surgeons and all physicians involved in trauma management. The structure of the book and its practical approach will make it an easy-to-consult and quick reference tool for beginners and a useful support for more experienced professionals.
- Essentials in bone and soft-tissue pathology 2010, Springer
- Essentials in elbow surgery 2014, SpringerApplied anatomy & Surgical Approaches to the Elbow -- Lateral Elbow Pain -- Medial Elbow Pain -- Distal Humerus Fractures -- Fractures and Dislocations of the Proximal Ulna & Radial head -- Elbow Stiffness -- Elbow Instability -- The Arthritic Elbow -- Tendon Injuries -- Safety in Elbow Surgery: From Open to Arthroscopy.
- Essentials of anatomic pathology. 3rd ed. 2011, SpringerPart 1. General Pathology -- Cytopathology / Fadi W. Abdul-Karim, Jennifer Brainard and Claire W. Michael -- Immunohistochemical Diagnosis in Surgical Pathology / Nancy Klipfel, Raul Simental-Pizarro and Clive R. Taylor -- Tumors of Unknown Primary / Nancy Klipfel, Raul Simental-Pizarro and Clive R. Taylor -- Diagnostic Electron Microscopy / Jean L. Olson -- Transplantation Pathology / Oscar W. Cummings -- Microbiology for the Surgical Pathologist / Deborah E. Blue and Stephen D. Allen -- Forensic Pathology / Frank P. Miller and Jeffrey J. Barnard -- Autopsy / Dean Hawley -- Biomedical Informatics for Anatomic Pathology / Waqas Amin, Uma Chandran, Anil V. Parwani and Michael J. Becich -- Quality Assurance and Regulations for Anatomic Pathology / Maxwell L. Smith and Stephen S. Raab -- Molecular Diagnostic Pathology / James Huang and Richard D. Press -- Molecular Pathology of Solid Tumors / Franklin R. Moore and Richard D. Press -- Human Genetic Disorders / Teresa M. Kruisselbrink, Noralane M. Lindor, Elyse B. Mitchell, Brittany C. Thomas and Cassandra K. Runke, et al. -- Part 2. Organ Systems -- Neuropathology / Eyas M. Hattab, Matthew C. Hagen, Bernd W. Scheithauer and Arie Perry -- Lymph Node / Ellen D. McPhail and Paul J. Kurtin -- Spleen / Dennis P. O'Malley and Attilio Orazi -- Bone Marrow / Dennis P. O'Malley -- Neoplasms of the Skin and Immunodermatology / Daniel P. Vandersteen, Melanie Triffet-Treviño and Chris H. Jokinen -- Nonneoplastic Skin Diseases / Steven D. Billings and Antoinette F. Hood -- Endocrine Pathology / Lori A. Erickson -- Bone and Joints / Jasvir S. Khurana and Guldeep Uppal -- Soft Tissue Tumors / Leona A. Doyle and Alessandra F. Nascimento -- Tumor of the Salivary Glands / Diana M. Bell and Adel K. El-Naggar -- Head and Neck / John D. Henley and Don-John Summerlin -- Eye and Ocular Adnexae / Jose M. Bonnin -- Mediastinum and Thymus / Chung-Che (Jeff) Chang, Munir Shahjahan and Joseph F. Tomashefski -- Cardiovascular Pathology / Eric A. Pfeifer -- Lung and Pleura / Carol F. Farver and Andrea V. Arrossi -- Breast / Mohiedean Ghofrani and Fattaneh A. Tavassoli -- Vulva and Vagina / Sharon X. Liang and Wenxin Zheng -- Uterus and Fallopian Tube / Maritza Martel and Fattaneh A. Tavassoli -- Ovary and Peritoneum / Robert E. Emerson -- Placenta and Gestational Trophoblastic Disease / Raymond W. Redline -- Nonneoplastic Renal Diseases / Geoffrey A. Talmon and Donna J. Lager -- Tumors of the Kidney / Gregory T. MacLennan and Liang Cheng -- Urinary Bladder / Liang Cheng, Antonio Lopez-Beltran and David G. Bostwick -- Renal Pelvis, Ureter, and Urethra / Antonio Lopez-Beltran, Sean R. Williamson and Liang Cheng -- Prostate / David G. Bostwick and Liang Cheng -- Testis and Testicular Adnexa / Kenneth A. Iczkowski and Thomas M. Ulbright -- The Penis / Alcides Chaux, Gustavo Ayala and Antonio L. Cubilla -- Esophagus and Stomach / Thomas P. Plesec and John R. Goldblum -- Small Intestine, Appendix, Colorectum, and Anus / Stephen C. Lawhorn and Shuan C. Li -- Pancreas / Olca Basturk and N. Volkan Adsay -- Nonneoplastic Hepatobiliary Disease / Romil Saxena -- Neoplasms of the Liver and Biliary System / Romil Saxena.
- Essentials of apoptosis. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Essentials of autopsy practice 2014, SpringerThis book covers new and exciting topics which have emerged in the area of autopsy recently, including the three different post-mortem CT-angiography systems currently available to practitioners in this field; a highly topical chapter on the role of genetic abnormalities in the handling of drugs within the body and how this can affect the interpretation of toxicological results in relation to how the drug may have caused or contributed to death; an update on the current classification and considerations related to deaths due to hanging; a review of injuries and fatalities caused by animals including post-mortem scavenging; an authoritative review of poisons and toxins from water and the life that inhabits it; and recent advances in knowledge in the use of entomology as an investigative tool as well as knowledge related to colonisation of cadavers by insects, animals and birds. Essentials of Autopsy Practice: Advances, Updates and Emerging Technologies is a multi-subject book, aimed at different grades of practitioners, from different practice areas, covering topics that are currently discussed and anticipated to be discussed in the field of autopsy practice over the next few years.
- Essentials of autopsy practice 2008, SpringerPostmorten toxicological redistribution -- Examination of fractures at autopsy -- The relationship of body weight and sudden death -- Fatal sexual abuse in childhood -- Elder abuse and gerontocide -- Air crash investigation for histopathologists -- Bioterrorism -- The chronological dating of injury.
- Essentials of Chinese medicine. Vol. 1-3 v. 1-3, 2009., Springerv. 2, 2009 Springerv. 3, 2009 SpringerVolume 1. Foundations of Chinese Medicine -- Volume 2. Clinical Fundamentals in Chinese Medicine -- Volume 3. Essentials of the Clinical Specialties in Chinese Medicine.
- The general history and physical exam -- The abdominal exam -- The breast exam -- The cardiovascular exam -- The geriatric exam -- The gynecological exam -- The head and neck exam -- The lymphatic system and lymph node exam -- The musculoskeletal exam -- The neurological exam -- The obstetric exam -- The ophthalmological exam -- The pediatric exam -- The peripheral vascular exam -- The psychiatric exam -- The peripheral vascular exam -- The psychiatric exam -- The respiratory exam -- The urological exam -- The essentials of clinical pharmacology and toxicology -- The essentials of dermatology -- The essentials of emergency medicine -- The essentials of endocrinology -- The essentials of fluids, electrolytes, and acid/base disturbances -- The eseentials of general surgery -- The essentials of infectious diseases -- The essentials of medical imaging -- The essentials of oncology -- The essentials of pain management and pre-operative assessment -- Appendix 1. Concepts in evidence-informed medical practice -- Appendix 2. Commonly used drugs -- Appendix 3. Common laboratory values -- Index.
- Print Material
- Essentials of clinical geriatrics. 7th ed. 2013, AccessMedicineClinical implications of the aging process -- The geriatric patient : demography, epidemiology, and health services utilization -- Evaluating the geriatric patient -- Chronic disease management -- Prevention -- Delirium and dementia -- Diagnosis and management of depression -- Incontinence -- Falls -- Immobility -- Cardiovascular disorders -- Decreased vitality -- Sensory impairment -- Drug therapy -- Health services -- Nursing home care -- Ethical issues in the care of older persons -- Palliative care.
- Print MaterialBasic components: structure and function -- Infection -- Immunodeficiency -- Anaphylaxis and allergy -- Autoimmunity -- Lymphoproliferative disorders -- Immune manipulation -- Transplantation -- Kidney diseases -- Joints and muscles -- Skin diseases -- Eye diseases -- Chest diseases -- Gastrointestinal and liver diseases -- Endocrinology and diabetes -- Haematological diseases -- Neuroimmunology -- Pregnancy -- Techniques in clinical immunology.
- Essentials of clinical MR 2011, Thieme"The objective of this book is to serve as a practical educational resource for clinical magnetic resonance imaging. The bulk of the text is organized along anatomic lines and discusses disease entities commonly encountered in clinical practice. The focus is illustrating and describing the MR appearances of the most commonly imaged disease entities, covering briefly in each area important points relative to imaging techniques then discussing in depth, the clinical MR interpretation. The breadth of clinical MRI is explored. For each subtopic within an anatomic region, clinical cases serve as the backbone for discussion, the most common pathologies affecting each anatomic region being illustrated. The final chapters discuss specifically contrast media and contrast enhanced MRA, two topics worthy of further description due to their present clinical importance. When relevant to diagnosis or essential for understanding, MR physics is discussed, however the reader is referred separately to Runge et al, The Physics of Clinical MR Taught Through Images 2nd Edition (New York: Thieme; 2009) for further elaboration. It is the goal that upon completing this text, the reader will have an appreciation for the complexity, utility, and versatility of MR in clinical imaging and will possess the knowledge essential for interpretation of basic clinical MR examinations"--Provided by publisher.
- Essentials of clinical mycology. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer"Clinical Mycology" offers a comprehensive review of this discipline. Organized by types of fungi, this volume covers microbiologic, epidemiologic and demographic aspects of fungal infections as well as diagnostic, clinical, therapeutic, and preventive approaches. Special patient populations are also detailed.
- Print Material
- Essentials of clinical research 2008, SpringerI. pt. I. Clinical Research: Definitions, "Anatomy and Physiology," and the Quest for "Universal Truth" / Stephen P. Glasser, p. 3-11 -- Introduction to Clinical Research and Study Designs / Stephen P. Glasser, p. 13-27 -- Clinical Trials / Stephen P. Glasser, p. 29-62 -- Alternative Interventional Study Designs / Stephen P. Glasser, p. 63-71 -- Postmarketing Research / Stephen P. Glasser, Elizabeth Delzell and Maribel Salas, p. 73-91 -- The United States Federal Drug Administration (FDA) and Clinical Research / Stephen P. Glasser, Carol M. Ashton and Nelda P. Wray, p. 73-110 -- The Placebo and Nocebo Effect / Stephen P. Glasser and William Frishman, p. 111-140 -- Recruitment and Retention / Stephen P. Glasser, p. 141-149 -- Data Safety and Monitoring Boards (DSMBs) / Stephen P. Glasser and O. Dale Williams, p. 151-158 -- Meta-Analysis / Stephen P. Glasser and Sue Duval, p. 159-177 -- II. pt. II. -- Research Methods for Genetic Studies / Sadeep Shrestha and Donna K. Arnett, p. 181-199 -- Research Methods for Pharmacoepidemiology Studies / Maribel Salas and Bruno Stricker, p. 201-216 -- Implementation Research: Beyond the Traditional Randomized Controlled Trial / Amanda H. Salanitro, Carlos A. Estrada and Jeroan J. Allison, p. 217-244 -- Research Methodology for Studies of Diagnostic Tests / Stephen P. Glasser, p. 245-257 -- III. pt. III. Statistical Power and Sample Size: Some Fundamentals for Clinician Researchers / J. Michael Oakes, p. 261-278 -- Association, Cause, and Correlation / Stephen P. Glasser and Gary Cutter, p. 279-294 -- Bias, Confounding, and Effect Modification / Stephen P. Glasser , p. 295-302 -- It's All About Uncertainty / Stephen P. Glasser and George Howard, p. 303-316 -- Grant Writing / Donna K. Arnett and Stephen P. Glasser, p. 317-325 -- IV. pt. IV. The Media and Clinical Research / Stephen P. Glasser, p. 329-333 -- Mentoring and Advising / Stephen P. Glasser and Edward W. Hook, p. 335-340 -- Presentation Skills: How to Present Research Results / Stephen P. Glasser, p. 341-349.
- Essentials of creatine in sports and health 2008, SpringerAn overview of creatine metabolism / Jeff S. Volek, Kevin D. Ballard, and Cassandra E. Forsythe -- Creatine supplementation in strength-power sports / Darryn S. Willoughby -- Creatine supplementation in endurance sports / Joel P. Cramer -- Creatine supplementation and woman athletes / Joan Eckerson -- Creatine consumption and health / Jacques R. Poortmans and Marc Francaux -- Clinical application / Joseph Weir -- Creatine overview : facts, fallacies, and future / Mike Greenwood.
- Essentials of diagnostic breast pathology 2007, SpringerThe Normal Breast -- Specimen Processing -- Fibrocystic Change and Duct Ectasia -- Adenosis -- Intraductal Proliferative Lesions -- Intraductal Papillary Neoplasms -- Lobular Intraepithelial Neoplasia (LIN) -- Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma (NOS Type) -- Invasive Lobular Carcinoma (ILC) -- Special Types of Breast Carcinomas -- Biphasic Tumors -- Disease of the Nipple -- Male Breast Lesions -- Mesenchymal Lesions/Tumors -- Myoepithelial Lesions/Neoplasms -- Miscellaneous Lesions -- Cytopathology of Benign and Malignant Lesions (Selected Topics) -- Immunohistochemistry (Selected Topics).
- Print Material
- Essentials of functional MRI 2011, CRCnetBASE"During the last two decades, new developments in functional MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) have made it possible to detect changes in the brain over time, as opposed to the "snapshot" produced by conventional MRI. Essentials of Functional MRI breaks down the technical challenges for physicians, researchers, and technologists who use functional MRI but may not be experts in the necessary math and physics. The author describes the theory and practical details of functional MRI (fMRI) methodology, including how to acquire and analyze images, and a wide range of examples demonstrate how fMRI has been used thus far. The author provides the essential information to study, understand, use, and teach the practical aspects of fMRI for those people who are most likely to extend its use into clinical practice"--Provided by publisher.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialPerioperative evaluation and management of surgical patients / Virginia A. Eddy ... [et al.] -- Fluids, electrolytes, and acid/base balance / David Antonenko ... [et al.] -- Nutrition / Gail Cresci ... [et al.] -- Surgical bleeding : bleeding disorders, hypercoagulable states, and replacement therapy in the surgical patient / Hollis W. Merrick III ... [et al.] -- Shock : cell metabolic failure in critical illness / Kenneth W. Burchard ... [et al.] -- Surgical critical care / Samuel A. Tisherman ... [et al.] -- Wounds and wound healing / Glenn E. Talboy Jr., Annesley W. Copeland, Gregory J. Gallina -- Surgical infections / R. Neal Garrison ... [et al.] -- Trauma / Matthew O. Dolich ... [et al.] -- Burns / Jeffrey R. Saffle ... [et al.] -- Abdominal wall, including hernia / Leigh Neumayer ... [et al.] -- Esophagus / Carlos M. Li, James A. McCoy, and Hwei-Kang Hsu -- Stomach and duodenum / John T. Paige ... [et al.] -- Small intestine and appendix / John D. Mellinger ... [et al.] -- Colon, rectum, and anus / Merril T. Dayton -- Biliary tract / O. Joe Hines ... [et al.] -- Pancreas / Steven B. Goldin ... [et al.] -- Liver / William C. Chapman ... [et al.] -- Breast / Gary L. Dunnington .. [et al.] -- Surgical endocrinology / Nicholas P.W. Coe ... [et al.] -- Spleen and lymph nodes / James C. Hebert ... [et al.] -- Diseases of the vascular system / James F. McKinsey ... [et al.] -- Transplantation / Hilary Sanfey ... [et al.] -- Surgical oncology : malignant diseases of the skin and soft tissue / D. Scott Lind ... [et al.].
- Essentials of genomic and personalized medicine. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectThe foundations of genomic and personalized medicine -- Section 1. Basics -- Organization, variation and expression of the human genome -- DNA sequencing for the detection of human genome variation -- Genome-wide association studies and genotyping technologies -- Copy number variation and human health -- DNA methylation analysis: providing new insight into human disease -- DNA microarrays in biological discovery and patient care -- Proteomics: the deciphering of the functional genome -- Comprehensive metabolic analysis for understanding of disease -- Section 2. Informatics -- Bioinformatic and computational analysis for genomic medicine -- Systems biology and systems medicine -- Electronic medical records in genomic medicine practice and research -- Online health information retrieval by consumers -- Section 3. Translational -- Translational genomics: from discovery to clinical practice -- Pharmacogenetics and pharmacogenomics -- Clinical implementation of translational genomics -- The role of genomics in enabling prospective health care -- Genome policy considerations for genomic medicine -- Federal regulation of genomic medicine -- Economic issues and genomic medicine -- Public health genomics.Section 4. Clinical (cardiology) -- The genomics of hypertension -- Lipoprotein disorders -- Genomics of myocardial infarction -- Acute coronary syndromes -- Heart failure in the era of genomic medicine -- Genomic assessment of cardiac transplant rejection -- Genetics and genomics of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy -- Genetics and genomics of arrhythmias -- Genetics and genomics in the management of hemostasis and thrombosis -- Genomics of congenital heart disease -- Section 5. Clinical (oncology) -- Genomics in the management of lymphomas -- Genomics in leukemias -- Genomics in the diagnosis and management of lung cancer -- Genomics in the diagnosis and management of breast cancer -- Colorectal cancer -- Genomic evaluation and management of prostate cancer -- Genomic assessment of ovarian cancer -- Genomic evaluation of pancreatic neoplasms -- Genomic evaluation of head and neck cancer -- Genomic evaluation of brain tumors and gliomas -- Targeted therapies for cancer.Section 6. Clinical (inflammatory disease) -- Genomics in the evaluation and management of rheumatoid arthritis -- Genomic evaluation of multiple sclerosis -- Genomic assessment of inflammatory bowel disease -- Asthma genomics -- Genomics in the evaluation and management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease -- Genetics and genomics of interstitial lung disease -- Peptic ulcer disease -- Section 7. Clinical (metabolic disease) -- Genomics in pathogenesis of cirrhosis -- Genomic medicine and obesity -- Diabetes -- Section 8. Clinical (neurological disease) -- Genetics and genomics of dementia -- Genetics and genomics of Parkinson's disease -- Genomic considerations in ophthalmology -- Genomics in the diagnosis and management of depression -- Section 9. Clinical (infectious disease) -- Genomic approaches to the host response to pathogens -- Host genomics and bacterial infections -- Genomics in the evaluation and management of sepsis -- Genomics and the management of hepatitis.
- Essentials of hand surgery. 1st ed. 2002, Ovid
- Print MaterialWhy learn methods in infectious disease epidemiology? -- Why study methods? -- Descriptive infectious disease epidemiology -- Outbreak investigations -- Rates and measures -- Laying the foundation: how to conduct a study -- Experimental designs as a foundation for observational studies -- Cohort studies -- Case-control and cross-sectional studies -- Interpretation of epidemiologic data -- Threats to internal and external validity of concern in the study of infectious disease epidemiology -- Surveillance of infectious diseases -- Program evaluation in the infectious disease setting.
- Basic Research/Mechanisms --A Historical Overview and Concepts of Mesenchymal Stem Cells /Shihua Wang, Robert Chunhua Zhao --Biology of MSCs Isolated from Different Tissues /Simone Pacini --Secretome of Mesenchymal Stem Cells /Yuan Xiao ... [et al.] --Immunomodulatory Properties of Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Related Applications /Lianming Liao, Robert Chunhua Zhao --Mesenchymal Stem Cell Homing to Injured Tissues /Yaojiong Wu, Robert Chunhua Zhao --Major Signaling Pathways Regulating the Proliferation and Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells /Joseph D. Lamplot ... [et al.] --MicroRNAs in Mesenchymal Stem Cells /Mohammad T. Elnakish, Ibrahim A. Alhaider, Mahmood Khan --Genetic Modification of MSCs for Pharmacological Screening /Jie Qin, Martin Zenke --Control of Mesenchymal Stem Cells with Biomaterials /Sandeep M. Nalluri, Michael J. Hill, Debanjan Sarkar --Clinical Translation --Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Cardiovascular Disease /Wei Wu, Shuyang Zhang --Mesenchymal Stem Cells as Therapy for Graft Versus Host Disease: What Have We Learned? /Partow Kebriaei ... [et al.] --Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Liver Disease /Feng-chun Zhang --Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Bone Repair /Hongwei Ouyang, Xiaohui Zou, Boon Chin Heng, Weiliang Shen --Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Diabetes and Related Complications /Vladislav Volarevic, Majlinda Lako, Miodrag Stojkovic --Mesenchymal Stromal Cell (MSC) Therapy for Crohn's Disease /Jignesh Dalal --The Summary of Stroke and Its Stem Cell Therapy /Renzhi Wang ... [et al.] --Mesenchymal Stem Cell Transplantation for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus /Lingyun Sun --International Regulations and Guidelines Governing Stem Cell Based Products --Considerations of Quality Control Issues for the Mesenchymal Stem Cells-Based Medicinal Products /Bao-Zhu Yuan ... [et al.] --Regulations/Ethical Guidelines on Human Adult/Mesenchymal Stem Cell Clinical Trial and Clinical Translation /Xiaomei Zhai, Renzong Qiu.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Essentials of neurosurgical anesthesia & critical care 2012, Springer
- Print Material
- Essentials of nuclear medicine imaging. 6th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectRadioactivity, radionuclides, and radiopharmaceuticals -- Instrumentation and quality control -- Central nervous system -- Thyroid, parathyroid, and salivary glands -- Cardiovascular system -- Respiratory system -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Skeletal system -- Genitourinary system and adrenal glands -- Non-PET neoplasm imaging and radioimmunotherapy -- ¹⁸F-FDG PET/CT neoplasm imaging -- Inflammation and infection imaging -- Authorized user and radioisotope safety issues -- Self-evaluation. Unknown case sets -- Answers to unknown case sets -- Appendix A: Characteristics of radionuclides for imaging and therapy -- Appendix B-1: Radioactivity conversion table for International System (SI) Units (Becquerels to Curies) -- Appendix B-2: Radioactivity conversion table for International System (SI) Units (Curies to Becquerels) -- Appendix C-1: Technetium-99m decay and generation tables -- Appendix C-2: Other radionuclide decay tables -- Appendix D: Injection techniques and pediatric dosages -- Appendix E-1: Sample techniques for nuclear imaging -- Appendix E-2: Abnormal radio pharmaceutical distribution as a result of medications and other extrinsic factors -- Appendix F: Nonradioactive pharmaceuticals in nuclear medicine -- Appendix G: Pregnancy and breastfeeding -- Appendix H-1: General considerations for hospitalized patients receiving radionuclide therapy -- Appendix H-2: Special considerations and requirements for iodine-131 therapy -- Appendix I: Emergency procedures for spills of radioactive materials.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialCh. 1Ocular anatomy, physiology, and embryology --Ch. 2Basic optics --Ch. 3Ocular pharmacology --Ch. 4The eye exam --Ch. 5Neuro-ophthalmology --Ch. 6Pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus --Ch. 7Orbit --Ch. 8Lids and adnexa --Ch. 9Conjunctiva --Ch. 10Sclera --Ch. 11Cornea --Ch. 12Anterior chamber --Ch. 13Glaucoma --Ch. 14Iris --Ch. 15Lens --Ch. 16Vitreous --Ch. 17Retina --App.Differential diagnosis of common ocular symptoms.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Essentials of orthopedic surgery. 4th ed. 2010, SpringerThis concise third edition offers hands-on guidance for identifying and treating the most commonly seen orthopedic problems in children and adults. Convenient as a study source for medical students, its many photographs and illustrations will also serve as a useful clinical reference for young surgeons, residents, nurses, and physician assistants. Each of the many topics is covered in depth and is designed to educate medical students and steer them towards formulating excellent diagnoses and treatment plans. As a further aid, multiple-choice questions are included at the end of each chapter.
- Print Material
- Essentials of pain management 2011, Springer
- Essentials of pain medicine. 3rd ed. 2011, ScienceDirectSection I. Basic Considerations -- Section II. Clinical Evaluation and Diagnostic Examinations -- Section III. Pharmacology and Pharmacologic Modalities -- Section IV. Therapeutic Interventions -- Section V. Perioperative Pain Management -- Section VI. Chronic Pain Syndromes -- Section VII. Interventional Techniques for Pain Management -- Section VIII. Cancer Pain -- Section IX. Nerve Blockade.
- Essentials of palliative care 2013, Springer1.Introduction and Education /Angèle Ryan and Jack M. Berger --2.Multidisciplinary Approach and Coordination of Care /Sukanya Mitra and Nalini Vadivelu --3.Psychological Distress and Psychiatric Comorbidities in Palliative Care /Raphael J. Leo and Maria Theresa Mariano--4.Hospice for the Terminally Ill and End-of-Life Care /Jamie Capasso, Robert Byron Kim, and Danielle Perret --5.Communication in Palliative Care /Dominique Anwar, Sean Ransom, and Roy S. Weiner --6.Guidance with Complex Treatment Choices /Sukanya Mitra and Nalini Vadivelu --7.Symptom Management /Angèle Ryan --8.Nutrition in Palliative Care /M. Khurram Ghori and Susan Dabu-Bondoc --9.Nursing Perspective and Considerations /Ena M. Williams and Tong Ying Ge --10.Physical and Occupational Therapy in Palliative Care /Kais Alsharif and Justin Hata --11.Social Work in Palliative Care /Janet Lucas, Bill Mejia, and Anne Riffenburgh --12.The Healthcare System: More Questions than Answers /Jackie D.D. Carter --13.Vascular Access: Ostomies and Drains Care in Palliative Medicine /Patricia L. Devaney --14.Drug Formulary /Angèle Ryan --15.Interventional Radiology in Palliative Care /Oliver Hulson, Neal Larkman, and S. Kunnumpurath --16.Stroke, Epilepsy, and Neurological Diseases /María Gudín --17.Interventional Techniques in Palliative Care /Rinoo V. Shah, Alan David Kaye, Christopher K. Merritt, and Lien B. Tran --18.Headache in Palliative Care /Nicholas Connolly, Matthew Peña, and Tara M. Sheridan --19.Endoscopic Therapies for Palliation of Gastrointestinal Malignancies /Henry C. Ho and Uzma D. Siddiqui --20.The Role of Palliative Care in Cardiothoracic Surgery /Amit Banerjee --21.Management of Advanced Heart Failure Patients /Dominique Anwar and Asif Anwar --22.Palliative Care in Cardiac Electrophysiology /Eric Grubman --23.Palliation in Respiratory Disease /David R. Meek, Martin D. Knolle, and Thomas B. Pulimood --24.Palliative Care in Critical Care Units /Rita Agarwala, Ben Singer, and Sreekumar Kunnumpurath --25.Pediatric Palliative Care /Shu-Ming Wang, Paul B. Yost, and Leonard Sender --26.New Pain Management Vistas in Palliative Care /Christopher K. Merritt, Lien B. Tran, Rinoo V. Shah, and Alan David Kaye --27.Ethics in Palliative and End-of-Life Care /Jack M. Berger --28.Physician Coding, Billing, and Reimbursement for Palliative Care /Rene R. Rigal.
- Essentials of percutaneous dialysis interventions 2011, SpringerIntroduction -- Fistula First, K/DOQI and Documentation -- The Dialysis Outcomes and Practice Pattern Study (DOPPS): Lessons for Interventionalists -- Controversies in Vascular Access Monitoring and Surveillance -- Clinical Relevance of Vascular Access Monitoring and Surveillance -- Molecular Mechanisms of Hemodialysis Graft Failure -- The Vascular Access Coordinator -- The Procedure Room, Equipment and Radiation Safety -- Patient Considerations and Preparation -- Patient Monitoring, Sedation and Post-Procedure Care -- Sterile Technique -- Contrast Agents -- Dialysis Catheters -- Dialysis Grafts Versus Fistulas -- Commonality of Interventions in AV Accesses -- Interventions in Dialysis Grafts -- Interventions in Dialysis Fistulas -- The Immature or Failure to Mature Fistula -- Cephalic Arch Stenosis -- Central Venous Interventions -- Hemodialysis Access Interventions: An Asian Perspective -- Pediatric Hemodialysis Interventions -- Puncture Site Management -- No Remaining Venous Access -- Radiologic Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter Insertion and Troubleshooting -- Complications and Possible Solutions -- On-Label, Off-Label, Misconceptions and Devices that Do not Work -- Publications of Hemodialysis Interventions: What Is Relevant? -- Interesting Cases.
- Essentials of pharmacy law 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Print Material
- Essentials of radiology. 3rd ed. 2014, MD Consult"Radiology receives little attention in most medical school curricula except perhaps as an elective. The classic gross anatomy laboratory is dead, and most health care providers encounter human internal anatomy and function through radiology. This text is not meant to make you into a radiologist or to be just a text for a radiology medical student elective. It is intended to be a text that will provide a basis for radiologic anatomy, imaging fundamentals, and common clinical problems and to be a book that you will keep and use in your future practice. Since the first edition, this text has been widely used by medical students, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, primary care physicians, and first-year radiology residents"--Preface.
- Essentials of regional anesthesia 2012, SpringerPart I. General Principles of Regional Anesthesia Practice -- 1. General Considerations for Regional Anesthesia Practice / Edward R. Mariano and Karley J. Mariano -- 2. Monitoring for Regional Anesthesia / Jeff Gadsden -- 3. Regional Anesthesia in the Community Practice Setting / Joseph Marino and Brian E. Harrington -- Part II. Basic Science and Clinical Practice -- 4. The Anatomy of Pain / Harry J. Gould III and Alan David Kaye -- 5. Practical Pharmacology in Regional Anesthesia / Jose A. Aguirre, Gina Votta-Velis, and Alain Borgeat -- 6. Anticoagulation and Regional Anesthesia Concerns / Rinoo Shah, Alan David Kaye, Adam Kaye, and Jeffrey Y. Tsai -- Part III. Equipment for Regional Anesthesia -- 7. Equipment and Clinical Practice: Aids to Localization of Peripheral Nerves / Beverly Pearce-Smith and Johnny K. Lee -- 8. Principles of Sonography / Paul E. Bigeleisen and Steven Orebaugh -- 9. Ultrasound-Guided Peripheral Nerve Blockade / David M. Polaner and Alan Bielsky -- 10. Sonopathology / Jonathan T. Weed and Brian D. Sites -- Part IV. Techniques for Regional Anesthesia -- 11. Neuraxial Blockade: Subarachnoid Anesthesia / Maria Teresa Gudin, Ramón López, Jesus Estrada, and Esperanza Ortigosa -- 12. Neuraxial Blockade: Epidural Anesthesia / Sreekumar Kunnumpurath, S. Ramessur, A. Fendius, and Nalini Vadivelu -- 13. Upper Extremity Nerve Blocks / De Q.H. Tran, Shubada Dugani, and Juan Francisco Asenjo -- 14. Peripheral Nerve Blocks for the Lower Extremity / Sylvia Wilson and Anna Uskova -- 15. Regional Anesthetic Techniques for Foot Surgery / Rick Chien-An Chen and Peter A. Blume -- 16. Regional Anesthesia of Thorax and Abdomen / Rita Merman and Vlad Shick -- 17. Head and Neck: Scalp, Ophthalmic, and Cervical Blocks / Desiree Persaud and Sébastian Garneau -- 18. Local Anesthesia of the Masticatory Region / Henry A. Gremillion, Christopher J. Spencer, and Alex D. Ehrlich -- 19. Topical and Regional Anesthesia of the Airway / Ryan P. Ellender, Paul L. Samm, and Richard H. Whitworth, Jr. -- 20. Selective Regional Anesthesia Options in Surgical Subspecialties / Henry Liu, Charles James Fox, Michael J. Yarborough, and Alan David Kaye -- 21. Regional Anesthesia for Chronic Disease States / Siamak Rahman and Parisa Partownavid -- 22. Intravenous Regional Anesthesia / Lindsey Vokach-Brodsky -- 23. Regional Anesthesia and Trauma / Daniela Elena Francesca Ghisi, Andrea Fanelli, and Carl Rest -- 24. Postoperative Pain Management / Ralf E. Gebhard and Andres Missair -- 25. Sympathetic Blockade / Rafael Justiz, Audra Day, and Miles Day -- Part V. Special Populations -- 26. Regional Anesthesia for Chronic Pain / Vijay Krishnamoorthy, Ruben Koshy, Gina Votta-Velis, and Alain Borgeat -- 27. Regional Anesthetic Techniques for the Pediatric Patient / Bryan Fritz, Marlene Barnhouse, Usha Ramadhyani, and Bobby Nossaman -- 28. Obstetric Anesthesiology / Ray L. Paschall -- 29. Regional Anesthesia for Outpatient Surgery / Joshua E. Smith -- Part VI. Additional Topics -- 30. Outcome Studies and Infection Control in Regional Anesthesia / Joel Barton and Stuart A. Grant -- 31. Regional Anesthesiology Education / Jonathan C. Beathe.
- Print MaterialBasic chemistry -- General prinicples of gas physics -- Microbiology, sterilization, and infection control -- Anatomy of the respiratory system -- Mechanics of ventilation -- Neurologic control of ventilation -- Oxygen and carbon dioxide transport -- Intrapulmonary shunting and deadspace -- Antomy of the cardiovascular system -- Physiology of the cardiovascular system -- Cardiac electrophysiology and ECG interpretation -- Hemodynamic monitoring -- Renal anatomy and physiology -- Fluid and electrolyte balance -- Acid-base balance and blood gas interpretation -- Anatomy and physiology of the nervous system -- Pharmacology -- Clinical assessment of the cardiopulmonary system -- Pulmonary function testing -- Obstructive pulmonary disease and general management principles -- Obstructive pulmonary disease and ventilatory management -- Restrictive lung diseases: general and ventilatory management -- ARDS, SARS, and sepsis -- Nutrition -- Intrauterine development and comparative respiratory anatomy -- Assessment and management of the newborn -- Respiratory disorders of the newborn -- Mechanical ventilation of the newborn -- Respiratory disorders of the pediatric patient -- Assisted ventilation for pediatric patients -- Pulmonary rehabilitation -- Home respiratory care and mechanical ventilation -- Gas therapy -- Oxygen, helium, and nitric oxide therapy -- Aerosol and humidity therapy -- Airway clearence techniques -- Analyzers -- Airway care -- Modes of mechanical ventilation -- Positive end-expiratory pressure -- Initiation, maintenance, and weaning from mechanical ventilation -- High frequency ventilation -- Noninvasive positive pressure ventilation -- Tracheal gas insufflation -- Prone positioning -- Liquid ventilation.
- Essentials of restenosis 2007, Springer
- Essentials of scientific computing SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Essentials of sleep medicine 2012, Springer1. Normal sleep / James A. Rowley and M. Safwan Badr -- 2. Pharmacology of sleep / Susmita Chowdhuri -- 3. Obstructive sleep apnea: diagnosis with polysomnography and portable monitors / Chunbai Zhang, Stefanos N. Kales, and Atul Malhotra -- 4. Approach to hypersomnia / James A. Rowley -- 5. Obstructive sleep apnea: epidemiology of sleep apnea / Jessie P. Bakker, Atul Malhotra, and Sanjay R. Patel -- 6. Obstructive sleep apnea: clinical features and adverse consequences / Geraldo Lorenzi-Filho and Pedro Rodrigues Genta -- 7. Assessments of driving risk in sleep apnea / Kingman P. Strohl -- 8. Nasal continuous positive airway pressure (CNAP) treatment / Srinivas Bhadriraju and Nancy Collop -- 9. Obstructive sleep apnea: oral appliances / Peter A. Cistulli, Kate Sutherland, and Andrew S.L. Chan -- 10. Obstructive sleep apnea: surgery / Ryan J. Soose and Patrick J. Strollo -- 11. Sleep and lung disease / Charles W. Atwood, Jr. -- 12. Central sleep apnea / M. Safwan Badr -- 13. Insomnia: etiology, clinical manifestations, and morbidity / Clare E. Gargaro, Thomas Roth, and Christopher L. Drake -- 14. Management of insomnia / Luisa Bazan, Thomas Roth, and Christopher L. Drake -- 15. Circadian disorders / Brandon S. Lu, Jeff Kwon, and Phyllis C. Zee -- 16. Narcolepsy and idiopathic hypersomnia / Imran Ahmed and Michael Thorpy -- 17. Parasomnias / Hrayr Attarian -- 18. Movement disorders / Nidhi S. Undevia -- 19. Perioperative care of patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome / Haven R. Malish and Peter C. Gay -- 20. Sleep and critical illness / Nimesh Patel and Sairam Parthasarathy.
- Print Material
- Essentials of stem cell biology. 2nd ed. 2009, ScienceDirectIntroduction to stem cells -- Basic biology/mechanisms -- Tissue and organ development -- Methods -- Applications -- Regulation and ethics.
- Print MaterialAnesthesiology / Susan L. Polk ... [et al.] -- Pediatric surgery: surgical diseases of children / Philip J. Wolfson ... [et al.] -- Plastic surgery: diseases of the skin and soft tissue, face, and hand / Garrett A. Wirth and Gregory R.D. Evans -- Cardiothoracic surgery: diseases of the heart, great vessels, and thoracic cavity / Alan Spotnitz, Marshall L. Jacobs, and Manisha R. Shende -- Otolaryngology: diseases of the head and neck / Gerald Berke ... [et al.] -- Orthopedic surgery: diseases of the musculoskeletal system / John J. Murnaghan -- Urology: diseases of the genitourinary system / Joel Gelman, Barry P. Duel, and Isaac Yi Kim -- Neurosurgery: diseases of the nervous system / Mark E. Linskey -- Ophthalmology: diseases of the eye / Alan S. Crandall Jr. ... [et al.].
- Essentials of thyroid cancer management 2005, Springer
- ESSKA instructional course lecture book 2014, SpringerThis book provides an update on a wide variety of hot topics in the field of knee surgery, sports trauma, and arthroscopy, covering the latest developments in basic science and clinical and surgical methods. It comprises the Instructional Course Lectures delivered at the 16th ESSKA Congress, which was held in Amsterdam during May 2014 and brought together the worlds leading orthopaedic and sports physicians. The contributions are all written by European and international experts in their field. Each lecture has a practical focus and provides an up-to-date synthesis of core knowledge on the subject in question with the aid of high-quality illustrations. Take home messages and key recommendations are highlighted. This book will be of value to practitioners and researchers alike.
- ESSKA instructional course lecture book 2012, SpringerThis book contains a collection of instructional course lectures given during the 15th ESSKA (European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy) Congress, held in Geneva during May 2012. The lectures cover a wide range of hot topics in the field, including diverse injuries and management techniques. Each lecture has a practical focus and provides an up-to-date synthesis of core knowledge on the subject in question with the aid of high-quality illustrations. Take home messages and key recommendations are highlighted. This book will be of value to practitioners and researchers alike.
- Establishing medical reality 2007, SpringerNormality, disease and enhancement / Theodore M. Benditt -- Holistic theories of health as applicable to non-human living beings / Lennart Nordenfelt -- Disease and the concept of supervenience / Robert D'Amico -- Decision and discovery in defining disease / Peter H. Schwartz -- Race and scientific reduction / Mark Risjord -- Towards an adequate account of genetic disease / Kelly C. Smith -- Why disease persists / Robert L. Perlman -- Creating mental illness in non-disordered community populations / Allan V. Horwitz -- Gender identity disorder / Jennifer McKitrick -- Clinical trials as nomological machines / Robyn Bluhm -- The social epistemology of NIH consensus conferences / Miriam Solomon -- Maternal agency and the immunological paradox of pregnancy / Moira Howes -- Violence and public health / Jonathan Kaplan -- Taking equipoise seriously / Fred Gifford.
- Estrogen effects in psychiatric disorders 2005, Springer
- Ethical and legal issues in neurology 2013, ScienceDirectAdvances in our understanding of the brain and rapid advances in the medical practice of neurology are creating questions and concerns from an ethical and legal perspective. Ethical and Legal Issues in Neurology provides a detailed review of various general aspects of neuroethics, and contains chapters dealing with a vast array of specific issues such as the role of religion, the ethics of invasive neuroscience research, and the impact of potential misconduct in neurologic practice. The book focuses particular attention on problems related to palliative care, euthanasia, dementia, and neurogenetic disorders, and concludes with examinations of consciousness, personal identity, and the definition of death. This volume focuses on practices not only in North America but also in Europe and the developing world. It is a useful resource for all neuroscience and neurology professionals, researchers, students, scholars, practicing clinical neurologists, mental health professionals, and psychiatrists. A comprehensive introduction and reference on neuroethicsIncludes coverage of how best to understand the ethics and legal aspects of dementia, palliative care, euthanasia and neurogenetic disorders. Brings clarity to issues regarding ethics and legal responsibilities in the age of rapidly evolving brain science and related clinical practice.
- Ethical and philosophical consideration of the dual-use dilemma in the biological sciences 2008, Springer
- Ethical challenges in genomics research 2012, SpringerThe "Ethics Job" -- Why Research Ethics? Why Ethics in Genetics? The Case of Genomics Research -- What Ethics Is, What It Is Not, and How We Are Going to Proceed -- Starting Analysis in Ethics: A Practical Guide -- An Overview of Research Ethics and Challenges from Genomics -- Autonomy and Its Limits: The View from Genomics -- The Social and Institutional Setting of Ethics -- Respect for Persons in Research and in Genetics -- Responsibilities of Researchers in Genetics -- Data Sharing in Genomics.
- Ethical challenges in study design and informed consent for health research in resource-poor settings 2007Print Material
- Print Material
- The necessity and challenges of clinical research involving children -- Regulatory framework for protecting child participants in research -- Defining, interpreting, and applying concepts of risk and benefit in clinical research involving children -- Understanding and agreeing to children's participation in clinical research -- Payments related to children's participation in clinical research -- Regulatory compliance, accreditation, and quality improvement -- Responsible research involving children.
- Ethical dilemmas in prenatal diagnosis 2011, Springer
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases