DAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Dopamine 2005, ScienceDirect
- Dopamine and glutamate in psychiatric disorders 2005, SpringerI. Dopamine -- Dopamine Receptors / Kim A. Neve -- Dopamine Receptor Alternative Splicing / Neil M. Richtand, Laurel M. Pritchard and Lique M. Coolen -- II. Glutamate -- Glutamatergic Pathways : Their Relevance for Psychiatric Diseases / Yoland Smith -- Glutamate Receptors : Ionotropic / Daniel T. Monaghan, Julia C. A. More, Bihua Feng and David E. Jane -- Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors / Krystyna Ossowska -- III. Schizophrenia -- Dopamine and Schizophrenia / Bart A. Ellenbroek -- Glutamate and Schizophrenia and the N-Methyl-d-Aspartate Receptor Hypofunction Hypothesis / Stefan Bleich and Johannes Kornhuber -- Role of Glycine in Schizophrenia / Beate D. Kretschmer -- IV. Depression -- Dopamine and Depression / Phil Skolnick -- Glutamate and Depression / Joaquín Del Río and Diana Frechilla -- V. Stress and Aggression -- Dopamine, Glutamate, and Aggression / Klaus A. Miczek and Eric W. Fish -- VI. Anxiety -- Glutamatergic Systems and Anxiety / David N. Stephens -- VII. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder -- Dopamine and Glutamate in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder / James M. Swanson, Nora D. Volkow, Jeffrey Newcorn, B. J. Casey and Robert Moyzis, et al. -- VIII. Addiction -- Dopamine-Glutamate Interactions in Reward-Related Incentive Learning / Richard J. Beninger and Todor V. Gerdjikov -- Sensitization and Relapse : Dopamine-Glutamate Interactions / David A. Baker and Peter W. Kalivas -- Glutamatergic Neurotransmission in Sensitization / Thomas M. Tzschentke -- Glutamatergic Mechanisms of Drug Relapse : Withdrawal and Conditioning Factors / Anton Y. Bespalov and Robert L. Balster -- IX. Neurodegeneration -- Dopamine and Neurodegeneration / Gabriele Gille and Peter Riederer -- Glutamate and Neurodegeneration / Antonello Novelli, Marcos Pérez-Basterrechea and Maria Teresa Fernández-Sánchez -- X. Parkinson's Disease -- Presymptomatic and Symptomatic Stages of Intracerebral Inclusion Body Pathology in Idiopathic Parkinson's Disease / Heiko Braak and Kelly Del Tredici -- Dopamine and Glutamate in Parkinson's Disease : Biochemistry, Clinical Aspects, and Treatment / Heinz Reichmann, Bernd Janetzky and Peter Riederer -- Dopamine and Glutamate in Motor and Cognitive Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease / Werner J. Schmidt -- XI. Huntington's Disease -- Dopamine and Glutamate in Huntington's Disease / Carlos Cepeda, Marjorie A. Ariano and Michael S. Levine -- XII. Dementias -- Dopaminergic and Glutamatergic Systems in Alzheimer's Disease / Paul T. Francis.
- Dopamine receptors. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Dopamine. First edition. [1st ed.] 2014, ScienceDirectProgress in Brain Research is a well-established international series examining major areas of basic and clinical research within neuroscience, as well as emerging and promising subfields. This volume, concentrates on state-of-the-art of dopamine research: from basic science to clinical applications. It covers topics including thalamostriatal synapses as a substrate for dopamine action; the multilingual nature of dopamine neurons; ethanol-mechanisms along the mesolimbic dopamine system, and much more. Progress in Brain Research is the most acclaimed and accomplished series in neuroscience, firmly established as an extensive documentation of the advances in contemporary brain research. The volumes, some of which are derived from important international symposia, contain authoritative reviews and original articles by invited specialists. The rigorous editing of the volumes assures that they will appeal to all laboratory and clinical brain research workers in the various disciplines: neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, neuropharmacology, neuroendocrinology, neuropathology, basic neurology, biological psychiatry, and the behavioral sciences.The most acclaimed and accomplished series in neuroscienceThis volume looks at dopamine researchin the light of the newest scholarly discoveries and insights.
- Doping in sports 2010, SpringerHistory of doping and doping control -- Biochemical and physiological aspects of endogenous androgens -- Phase-II metabolism of androgens and its relevance for doping control analysis -- Detecting the administration of endogenous anabolic androgenic steroids -- Synthetic anabolic agents: steroids and nonsteroidal selective androgen receptor modulators -- Nandrolone: a multi-faceted doping agent -- Designer steroids -- Growth hormone -- Mass spectrometry-based analysis of IGF-1 and hGH -- Insulin -- [Beta]-adrenergic stimulation -- Erythropoietin and analogs -- Blood transfusion in sports -- Athlete's biological passport and indirect markers of blood doping -- Masking and manipulation -- Hormonal growth promoting agents in food producing animals -- Some aspects of doping and medication control in equine sports -- Androgenic anabolic steroid abuse and the cardiovascular system -- Side effects of anabolic androgenic steroids: pathological findings and structure-activity relationships -- Gene doping -- Science and the rules governing anti-doping violations.
- Doppler ultrasound in obstetrics and gynecology. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Dormancy and resistance in harsh environments 2010, SpringerMany organisms have evolved the ability to enter into and revive from a dormant state. They can survive for long periods in this state (often even months to years), yet can become responsive again within minutes or hours. This is often, but not necessarily, associated with desiccation. Preserving one 's body and reviving it in future generations is a dream of mankind. To date, however, we have failed to learn how cells, tissues or entire organisms can be made dormant or be effectively revived at ambient temperatures. In this book studies on organisms, ranging from aquatic cyanobacteria that produce akinetes to hibernating mammals, are presented, and reveal common but also divergent physiological and molecular pathways for surviving in a dormant form or for tolerating harsh environments. Attempting to learn the functions associated with dormancy and how they are regulated is one of the great future challenges. Its relevance to the preservation of cells and tissues is one of the key concerns of this book
- Dose finding by the continual reassessment method 2011, CRCnetBASEPart I. Fundamentals -- Chapter 1. Introduction -- Chapter 2. Dose Finding in Clinical Trials -- Chapter 3. The Continual Reassessment Method -- Chapter 4. One-Parameter Dose-Toxicity Models -- Chapter 5. Theoretical Properties -- Chapter 6. Empirical Properties -- Part II. Design Calibration -- Chapter 7. Specifications of a CRM Design -- Chapter 8. Initial Guesses of Toxicity Probabilities -- Chapter 9. Least Informative Normal Prior -- Chapter 10. Initial Design -- Part III. CRM and Beyond -- Chapter 11. The Time-to-Event CRM -- Chapter 12. CRM with Multiparameter Models -- Chapter 13. When the CRM Fails -- Chapter 14. Stochastic Approximation.
- Dose finding in drug development 2006, Springer
- Dose optimization in drug development 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Dosimetry systems for use in radiation processing 2008, HighWire
- Double dynamic Martin screw (DMS) 2008, Springer
- Double fertilization 2006, Springer
- Double-balloon endoscopy 2006, Springer
- Doubt is their product SU Catalog, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material""Doubt is our product," a cigarette executive once observed, "since it is the best means of competing with the 'body of fact' that exists in the minds of the general public. It is also the means of establishing a controversy."" "In this expose, David Michaels reveals just how prevalent - and how effective - such strategies have become. He argues that to keep the public confused about the hazards posed by global warming, secondhand smoke, asbestos, lead, plastics, and many other toxic materials, industry executives have hired unscrupulous scientists and lobbyists to dispute the scientific evidence that would alert the public to these dangers. Their goal is the manufacture of doubt."--BOOK JACKET.
- Doves, diplomats, and diabetes 2013, Springer1. A Darwinian Way of Thinking -- 2. Diabetes in a Textbook -- 3. Diabetes in an Undergraduate Class -- 4. The Rise and Fall of Thrift -- 5. Of Hawks and Doves -- 6. Of Soldiers and Diplomats -- 7. The Physiology of Aggression -- 8. Deploying the Immunological Garrison -- 9. Why Population Density Matters -- 10. Time to Give Up Stress -- 11. Fat: Beyond Energy Storage -- 12. Why Blood Sugar Goes Up -- 13. Beating Around the "Wrong" Bush? -- 14. Behavioral Deficiencies and Behavioral Supplementation -- 15. Where Do We Go From Here?
- Down syndrome : from understanding the neurobiology to therapy. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectTherapeutic approaches in the improvement of cognitive performance in Down syndrome: past, present, and future / R. de la Torre and M. Dierssen -- Genomic determinants in the phenotypic variability of Down syndrome / A. Letourneau and S.E. Antonarakis -- Intellectual disabilities, neuronal posttranscriptional RNA metabolism, and RNA-binding proteins: three actors for a complex scenario / B. Bardoni ... [et al.] -- Aberrant epigenetic landscape in intellectual disability / J.V. Sanchez-Mut, D. Huertas and M. Esteller -- Pathways to cognitive deficits in Down syndrome / X. Sturgeon ... [et al.] -- Neurological phenotypes for Down syndrome across the life span / I.T. Lott -- Human and mouse model cognitive phenotypes in Down syndrome: implications for assessment / J.O. Edgin ... [et al.] -- Perturbation of dendritic protrusions in intellectual disability / J. Levenga and R. Willemsen -- The in vivo Down syndrome genomic library in mouse / Y. Herault ... [et al.] -- Discoveries in Down syndrome: moving basic science to clinical care -- A.M. Kleschevnikov ... [et al.] -- A Sonic hedgehog (Shh) response deficit in trisomic cells may be a common denominator for multiple features of Down syndrome / D.G. Currier, R.C. Polk and R.H. Reeves -- Gene therapy for Down syndrome / C. Fillat and X. Altafaj.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Draft toxicological profile for 1,3-butadiene 2009, ATSDR
- Draft toxicological profile for 1,4-dioxane 2007, ATSDR
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Draft toxicological profile for acrylamide 2009, ATSDR
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Draft toxicological profile for cadmium 2008, ATSDR
- Draft toxicological profile for carbon monoxide 2009, ATSDR
- Print Material
- Draft toxicological profile for chromium 2008, ATSDR
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Draft toxicological profile for manganese 2008, ATSDR
- Print Material
- Draft toxicological profile for perfluoroalkyls 2009, ATSDR
- Print Material
- Draft toxicological profile for plutonium 2007, ATSDR
- Draft toxicological profile for radon 2008, ATSDR
- Draft toxicological profile for RDX 2010, ATSDR
- Draft toxicological profile for styrene 2007, ATSDR
- Draft toxicological profile for vanadium 2009, ATSDR
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Drivers of innovation in pediatric nutrition 2010, KargerInnovations in infant milk feeding : from the past to the future / Koletzko, B. -- Novel insights into human lactation as a driver of infant formula development / Lønnerdal, B. -- The clinical challenge of preventing and treating malnutrition / Cooper, P.A. -- Progress of enteral feeding practice over time : moving from energy supply to patient-and disease-adapted formulationse / Koletzko, S. -- Molecular mechanisms of pediatric nutrition / Rümmele, F. -- Epidemiological research drives a paradigm shift in complementary feeding : the celiac disease story and lessons learnt / Nordyke, K. ... [et al.] -- Technological progress as a driver of innovation in infant foods / Ferruzzi, M.G.; Neilson, A.P. -- Health economic perspectives of pediatric malnutrition : determinants of innovative progress / Spieldenner, J. -- Economic perspectives on pediatric obesity : impact on health care expenditures and cost-effectiveness of preventive interventions / John, J. -- Sustainable clinical research, health economic aspects, and marketing : drivers of product innovation / Haschke, F.; Klassen-Wigger, P. -- Evaluation of dietetic product innovations : the relative role of preclinical and clinical studies / Makrides, M.; Gibson, R.A. -- Regulatory environment and claims : limits and opportunities / Martin, A. -- The role of consumers / Raats, M.M. -- Bioethics and innovation in pediatric nutrition research / Solomons, N.W. -- The role of pediatricians as innovators in pediatric nutrition / Greer, F.R. -- Promoting innovation in pediatric nutrition / Bier, D.M.
- Drosophila 2008, Springer ProtocolsDrosophila melanogaster and the development of biology in the 20th century / Alfonso Martinez Arias -- Getting started : an overview on raising and handling Drosophila / Hugo Stocker and Peter Gallant -- FlyBase : a database for the Drosophila research community / Rachel Drysdale and the FlyBase Consortium -- The use of P-element transposons to generate transgenic flies / André Bachmann and Elisabeth Knust -- The GAL4 system : a verstile system for the expression of genes / David A. Elliott and Andrea H. Brand -- P-element mutagenesis / Thomas Hummel and Christian Klämbt -- EMS screens : from mutagenesis to screening and mapping / Christian Bökel -- RNAi screening in cultured Drosophila cells / Sandra Steinbrink and Michael Boutros -- Methods for homologous recombination in Drosophila / Keith A. Maggert, Wei J. Gong, and Kent G. Golic -- Recombinases and their use in gene activation, gene inactivation, and transgenesis / Johannes Bischof and Konrad Basler -- Cuticle preparation of Drosophila embryos and larvae / Cyrille Alexandre -- Immunolabeling of embryos / H.-Arno J. Müller -- Imaging cellular and molecular dynamics in live embryos using fluorescent proteins / Matthieu Cavey and Thomas Lecuit -- Analysis of neuromuscular junctions : histology and in vivo imaging / Andreas Schmid and Stephan J. Sigrist --Immunolabeling of imaginal discs / Thomas Klein -- Imaging Drosophila pupal wing morphogenesis / Anne-Kathrin Classen ... [et al.] -- Microscopic analysis of the adult Drosophila retina using semithin plastic section / Konstantin Gaengel and Marek Mlodzik -- Fluorescent in situ hybridization protocols in Drosophila embryos and tissues / Eric Lécuyer, Neela Parthasarathy, and Henry M. Krause -- Linear RNA amplification for the production of microarray hybridization probes / Ansgar Klebes and Thomas B. Kornberg -- An overview of the identification, detection, and functional analysis of Drosophila microRNAs / Nicholas S. Sokol -- Extraction and immunoblotting of proteins from embryos / Andreas Wodarz -- Purification of Drosophila protein complexes for mass spectrometry / Christoph Jüschke and Jürgen A. Knoblich -- Mass production of Drosophila embryos and chromatographic purification of native protein complexes / Natascha Kunert and Alexander Brehm -- Flow cytometric analysis of Drosophila cells / Aida Flor A. de la Cruz and Bruce A. Edgar -- Drosophila cell lines as model systems and as an experimental tool / Buzz Baum and Lucy Cherbas -- Appendix : phenotypic markers in Drosophila / Jennifer Childress and Georg Halder.
- Drosophila 2006, ScienceDirect
- Drosophila cytogenetics protocols 2004, Springer Protocols
- Drug absorption studies 2008, Springer
- Drug abuse handbook. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASECriminalistics: introduction to controlled substances / Joseph P. Bono -- Pathology of drug abuse / edited by Charles V. Wetli -- Pharmacokinetics: drug absorption, distribution, and elimination / Amanda J. Jenkins -- Pharmacodynamics / edited by Stephen J. Heishman -- Alcohol / edited by Alan Wayne Jones -- Neurochemistry of drug abuse / edited by Julie K. Staley and Kelly P. Cosgrove -- Addiction medicine / edited by Kim Wolff -- Medical complications of drug abuse / edited by Neal L. Benowitz -- Sports / edited by Marc D. Bollmann and Martial Saugy -- Workplace testing / edited by Yale H. Caplan and Marilyn A. Huestis -- Point of collection drug testing / edited by Dennis J. Crouch -- Post-mortem toxicology / edited by Henrik Druid -- Toxicogenetics / edited by Steven B. Karch -- Drug law -- Appendices.
- Print Material
- Drug addiction 2008, Springer
- Drug allergy 2013, SpringerAdverse reactions to drugs and drug allergy: scope of this book --Classification and descriptions of allergic reactions to drugs -- Mechanisms of hypersensitivity -- Diagnosis of allergic reactions to drugs -- β-lacam antibiotics -- Other antimicrobial drugs -- Drugs and other agents used in anesthesia and surgery -- Opiod analgesic drugs -- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs -- Contrast media -- Biologics -- Corticosteroids -- Drugs used for chemotherapy -- Proton pump inhibitors -- Postface-concluding remarks.
- Drug and alcohol abuse. 6th ed. 2006, SpringerDepressants -- Alcoholism: an introduction -- Alcoholism: acute treatment -- Stimulants: amphetamines and cocaine -- Opioids and other analgesics -- Cannabinols -- Hallucinogens and related drugs -- Glues, inhalants and aeorsols -- Over-the-counter (OTC) drugs and some prescription drugs -- Xanthines (caffeine) and nicotine -- Multidrug abuse and dependence -- Emergency problems: a quick overview -- Rehabilitation.
- Drug and biological development 2007, Springer
- Drug and enzyme targeting. Part A ScienceDirect
- Drug and enzyme targeting. Part B ScienceDirect
- Drug and gene targeting of the lungs and airways Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Drug delivery systems 2013, SpringerPolymers in Drug Delivery: Concepts, Developments and Potential /Rongjun Chen --Amphiphilic Molecules in Drug Delivery Systems /Salomé dos Santos, Bruno Medronho --Sizing Nanoparticles in Liquids: An Overview of Methods /Margarida Figueiredo --Nanoparticles for Oral Delivery of Insulin /Antonio J. Ribeiro, Raquel Seiça --Bioartificial Pancreas: In the Road to Clinical Application /Joana Crisóstomo, Jorge F. J. Coelho --Cationic Liposome-Based Systems for Nucleic Acid Delivery: From the Formulation Development to Therapeutic Applications /Henrique Faneca, Ana Luísa Cardoso --Biomaterial-Based Vectors for Targeted Delivery of Nucleic Acids to the Nervous System /Ana Paula Pêgo, Hugo Oliveira --Biofabrication of Hydrogel Constructs /Rúben F. Pereira, Henrique A. Almeida --The Warburg Effect Is a Guide to Multipurpose Cancer Therapy Including Trace Element Delivery /Anatoliy V. Popov, Leonid G. Menchikov --In Silico Research in Drug Delivery Systems /André Filipe Ferreira, Rodrigo José Lopes --The Importance of Controlled/Living Radical Polymerization Techniques in the Design of Tailor Made Nanoparticles for Drug Delivery Systems /Nuno Rocha, Patrícia Mendonça, Joana R. Góis.
- Drug delivery systems 2008, Springer ProtocolsDrug delivery systems--an overview / Kewal K. Jain -- The role of the adeno-associated virus capsid in gene transfer / Kim M. Van Vliet ... [et al.] -- Delivering small interfering RNA for novel therapeutics / Patrick Y. Lu and Martin C. Woodle -- Catheters for chronic administration of drugs into brain tissue / Michael Guarnieri, Benjamin S. Carson, Sr., and George I. Jallo -- Transdermal drug delivery systems : skin perturbation devices / Marc B. Brown ... [et al.] -- Controlling the release of proteins/peptides via the pulmonary route / Sunday A. Shoyele -- Engineering protein particles for pulmonary drug delivery / Sunday A. Shoyele -- 2B-Trans technology : targeted drug delivery across the blood-brain barrier / Pieter J. Gaillard and Albertus G. de Boer -- Drug delivery in cancer using liposomes / Crispin R. Dass -- pH-responsive nanoparticles for cancer drug deliery / Youqing Shen ... [et al.] -- Extended-release oral drug delivery technologies : monolithic matrix systems / Sandip B. Tiwari and Ali R. Rajabi-Siahboomi.
- Print Material
- Drug delivery systems. 3rd ed. 2011, CRCnetBASE"Drug delivery technologies represent a vast and vital area of research and development in pharmaceutics. The demand for innovative drug delivery systems continues to grow, and this growth drives a variety of new developments. Building on the foundation provided by the second edition, Drug Delivery Systems, Third Edition covers the latest in research, development, and regulations in industry and academia.The third edition of this popular book provides a comprehensive review of the latest research and development on drug delivery systems (including liposomal, transmucosal, transdermal, oral, polymeric, and monoclonal antibody directed delivery); it also contains a new chapter on nanoscience and technology for drug delivery along with cutting-edge business intelligence and strategies. These topics are spread into five sections: Site-specific drug delivery Polymers and implantable drug delivery systems Oral drug delivery Transdermal, transmucosal, ocular, and miscellaneous drug delivery systems Regulatory considerations and global outlook Written in a straightforward, clear, and concise manner, the authors provide a global perspective on current and future advances and market opportunities. The book answers the need for comprehensive information in a single resource for anyone venturing into this area of drug development and who desires an overview of the field, with extensive guidance on where to gain more information. Each chapter provides a table of marketed and investigational products, with numerous practical examples; the book also provides readers with a multitude of possible drug delivery systems that can be used to improve therapeutics, along with global and regulatory perspectives"--Provided by publisher.
- Drug delivery to the oral cavity 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Drug discovery 2005Print Material
- Section A. Introduction -- section B. Clinical pharmacokinetics -- section C. Human studies in clinical pharmacology -- section D. Regulations.
- Drug discovery and evaluation. Pharmacological assays. 3rd completely rev., updated, and enl. ed. 2008, Springer
- Section I, Safety pharmacology: -- Introduction to safety pharmacology -- Status of safety pharmacology and present guidelines -- Central nervous system (CNS) safety pharmacology studies -- Methods in cardiovascular safety pharmacology -- Safety pharmacology of drugs for the urinary tract -- Respiratory function assays in safety pharmacology -- Metabolism pharmacology -- Peripheral nervous system -- Safety of intravenous and inhalation anesthetics -- Side effects of central analgesic drugs -- Safety pharmacology of antiinflammatory drugs -- Safety pharmacology of drugs with osteoarthritis-related activity -- Safety pharmacology of blood constituents -- Ocular toxicity tests -- Assays in endocrine safety pharmacology -- Safety assays in skin pharmacology -- Magnetic resonance imaging in pharmaceutical safety assessment --Section II, Safety pharmacokinetics: -- Introduction -- Physicochemical properties -- In-silico ADME modeling -- Absorption-in vitro tests-cell based -- Absorption-in vitro tests-non cell based -- Distribution-in vitro tests-protein binding -- Perfused organs -- Metabolism studies in vitro and in vivo -- Distribution-across barriers -- Drug-drug interaction-enzyme induction -- Drug-drug interaction-enzyme inhibition -- Absorption -- In vivo distribution -- Distribution-in vivo-other methods -- Bioanalytical assays-Toxicokinetics -- Bioanalytical assays-liquid chromatography coupled to tandem spectrometry -- Bioanalytical assays-gas chromatography -- Bioanalytical assays-RIA/EIA -- Clinical studies-typical designs -- Pharmacogenomics in DME -- Typical PK/PD approaches -- Population kinetics in drug development --Section III, Safety toxicology: -- Introduction -- International guidelines for the development of pharmaceutical compounds -- General toxicity -- In silico methods -- Alternative methods for carcinogenicity testing -- Genotoxicity -- Reproductive toxicology -- Application of toxicoproteomics in profiling drug effects.
- Drug discovery handbook 2005, WileyIntroduction. Drug discovery in the 21st century --ch. 1.Natural products /Charles B. Spainhour --ch. 2.Cancer cell proteomics using molecular aptamers /Weihong Tan ... [et al.] --ch. 3.Molecular similarity methods and QSAR models as tools for virtual screening /Jürgen Bajorath --ch. 4.Systems biology : applications in drug discovery /Sean Ekins ...[et al.] --ch. 5.High throughput flow cytometry /Larry A. Sklar ... [et al.] --ch. 6.Combining NMR spectral information with associated structural features to form computationally nonintensive, rugged, and objective models of biological activity /Richard D. Beger, Dan A. Buzatu, and Jon G. Wilkes --ch. 7.Using Microsoft Excel as a laboratory data management tool /A. Erik Rubin, Mark F. Russo, and William Neil --ch. 8.Age of regulation /Sandy Weinberg and Gerald J. Whartenby --ch. 9.Simultaneous screening of multiple cell lines using the CellCard system /Oren E. Beske --ch. 10.Protein X-ray crystallography in drug discovery /Peter Nollert ... [et al.] --ch. 11.Biological and chemistry assays available during drug discovery and developability assessment /Duane B. Lakings --ch. 12.Strategies and methods in monitoring and targeting protein-protein interactions /Arianna Loregian and Giorgio Palù --ch. 13.High-throughput screening : evolution of technology and methods --Martyn N. Banks ... [et al.] --ch. 14.Metal-enhanced fluorescence : application to high-throughput screening and drug discovery /Kadir Aslan ... [et al.] --ch. 15.Methods for the design and analysis of replicate-experiment studies to establish assay reproducibility and the equivalence of two potency assays /Brian J. Eastwood ... [et al.] --ch. 16.Coupled luminescent methods in drug discovery : 3-minute assays for cytotoxicity and phosphatase activity /Michael J. Corey and Robert J. Kinders --ch. 17.Design and pharmaceutical applications of prodrugs /Tomi Järvinen ... [et al.] --ch. 18.GABA and glutamate receptor ligands and their therapeutic potential in CNS disorders /Ulf Madsen ... [et al.] --ch. 19.Cardiac sarcolemmal ATP-sensitive potassium channel antagonists : novel ischemia-selective antiarrhythmic agents /George E. Billman --ch. 20.Factors influencing the efficacy of mediator-specific anti-inflammatory, glucocorticoid, and anticoagulant therapies for sepsis /Peter C. Minneci ... [et al.] --ch. 21.Combinatorial chemistry in the drug discovery process /Nathan T. Ross, Brian R. McNaughton, and Benjamin L. Miller --ch. 22.Herbal medicines and animal models of gastrointestinal diseases /C.H. Cho and J.K.S. Ko --ch. 23.Endocrine and metabolic agents /Brian L. Furman --ch. 24.Respiratory viruses /Paul D. Olivo --ch. 25.Strategies in the design of antiviral drugs /Erik De Clercq and Piet Herdewijn --ch. 26.Protein kinase inhibitors in drug discovery /Keykavous Parang and Gongqin Sun --ch. 27.RNA-based therapies /Steve Pascolo --ch. 28.Novel imaging agents for molecular MR imaging of cancer /Dmitri Artemov and Zaver M. Bhujwalla --ch. 29.Targets and approaches for cancer drug discovery /Susan L. Mooberry.
- Drug discovery strategies and methods 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print MaterialPresents alphabetically arranged entries of drug products providing information on brand names, usage, dosage, pregnancy considerations, warnings, adverse reactions, and drug interactions.
- Print MaterialDrug products alphabetically organized and cross-referenced by U.S. and Canadian brand names and index terms; information on brand names, usage, dosage, pregnancy considerations, warnings, adverse reactions, and drug interactions.
- Print MaterialGuide to the guide -- Drug identification : variations in drug nomenclature and their impact on information retrieval -- Government regulations affecting drugs and the pharmaceutical industry -- Evaluating drug information sources and developing a search protocol -- Pharmacology and therapeutics reference sources -- Reference sources for adverse drug reactions and interactions -- Drug analysis, formulation, and compounding reference sources -- Compiling background bibliography using online resources -- Competitive intelligence resources : drugs-in-development directories, protocol registries, and pharmaceutical business intelligence : companies, products, and marketplace research sources.
- Drug interactions in infectious diseases. 3rd ed. 2011, SpringerIntroduction to Drug-Drug Interactions -- Mechanisms of Drug Interactions I: Absorption, Metabolism, and Excretion -- Mechanisms of Drug Interactions II: Transport Proteins -- Drug-Food Interactions -- Interactions Between Herbs and Antiinfective Medications -- Drug-Cytokine Interactions -- Beta-Lactam Antibiotics -- Macrolides, Azalides, and Ketolides -- Quinolones -- Glycopeptides, Lipopeptides, and Lipoglycopeptides -- Miscellaneous Antibiotics -- Drugs for Tuberculosis -- Drug Interactions with Antiretrovirals for HIV Infection -- Non-HIV Antiviral Agents -- Antifungal Agents -- Antimalarial Agents -- Antiprotozoal and Anthelmintic Agents -- Drug Interaction Considerations Throughout Drug Development -- Probe Cocktail Studies -- Design and Data Analysis in Drug Interaction Studies.
- Drug management of prostate cancer 2010, SpringerCell Biology of Prostate Cancer and Molecular Targets / Martin E. Gleave, Michael E. Cox, and Yuzhuo Wang -- Part I. Hormone Therapy. Luteinizing Hormone-Releasing Hormone and its Agonistic, Antagonistic, and Targeted Cytotoxic Analogs in Prostate Cancer / Andrew V. Schally and Norman L. Block ; Nuclear Receptor Coregulators: Promising Therapeutic Targets for the Treatment of Prostate Cancer / Hannelore V. Heemers and Donald J. Tindall ; Androgens and Prostate Cancer / Douglas K. Price and Ann W. Hsing ; Androgen Receptor Biology in Prostate Cancer / Edward P. Gelmann ; Androgen Receptor Antagonists / Howard C. Shen, Mary-Ellen Taplin, and Steven P. Balk ; 5-Alpha Reductase Inhibitors in Prostate Cancer / Zoran Culig ; Adrenal Androgen Synthesis Inhibitor Therapies in Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer / Terence W. Friedlander and Charles J. Ryan ; Androgen Deprivation Therapy / Nima Sharifi ; Pharmacogenetics of the Androgen Metabolic Pathway / Francine Zanchetta Coelho Marques, and Juergen K.V. Reichardt -- Part II. Chemotherapy. Mitoxantrone / Patricia Halterman, Nicholas J. Vogelzang, Alireza Farabishahadel, and Oscar B. Goodman Jr. ; Docetaxel / Courtney K. Phillips and Daniel P. Petrylak ; Beyond Docetaxel: Emerging Agents in the Treatment of Advanced Prostate Cancer / Jonathan Rosenberg ; Platinum Agents in Prostate Cancer / Ashley Brick, Junyang Niu, Jiaoti Huang, and William K. Oh ; Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacogenetics of Chemotherapy in Prostate Cancer / Tristan M. Sissung and William D. Figg ; Microtubule Targeting Agents / Antonio Tito Fojo and David E. Adelberg -- Part III. Angiogenesis. Principles of Antiangiogenic Therapy / Cindy H. Chau and William D. Figg ; Bevacizumab in Advanced Prostate Cancer / Aymen A. Elfiky and William Kevin Kelly ; Thalidomide and Analogs / Erin R. Gardner, Giuseppe Di Lorenzo, and William D. Figg ; Investigational Angiogenesis Inhibitors / Jeanny B. Aragon-Ching and William Dahut ; Pharmacogenetics of Angiogenesis / Guido Bocci, Giuseppe Pasqualetti, Antonello Di Paolo, Francesco Crea, Mario Del Tacca, and Romano Danesi -- Part IV. Bone Metastasis. Pathophysiology of Prostate Cancer Bone Metastasis / Evan T. Keller and Christopher L. Hall ; Radiopharmaceuticals / Oliver Sartor and Damerla R. Venugopal ; Bisphosphonates for Prevention and Treatment of Bone Metastases / Philip J. Saylor and Matthew R. Smith ; Endothelin Receptors as Therapeutic Targets in Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer / Joel B. Nelson ; Calcitriol and Vitamin D Analogs / Ana R. Jensen, Russell Z. Szmulewitz, Tomasz M. Beer, and Edwin M. Posadas -- Part V. Immunotherapy. Cancer Immunology, Immunotherapeutics, and Vaccine Approaches / Ravi A. Madan, James L. Gulley, Jackie Celestin, Philip M. Arlen, and Jeffrey Schlom ; Sipuleucel-T (APC8015): Active Cellular Immunotherapy for Advanced Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer / Celestia S. Higano and Mark W. Frohlich ; GM-CSF Gene-Transduced Prostate Cancer Vaccines: GVAX / Lalit R. Patel and Jonathan W. Simons ; CTLA-4 Blockade for Prostate Cancer Treatment / Andrea L. Harzstark and Lawrence Fong -- Part VI. Prevention. Prostate Cancer Chemoprevention Strategies / Howard L. Parnes, Margaret G. House, and Joseph A. Tangrea ; Diet and Prostate Cancer Incidence, Recurrence, and Progression Risk / June M. Chan and Erin L. Richman ; Inflammation as a Target in Prostate Cancer / Marshall Scott Lucia, James R. Lambert, Elizabeth A. Platz, and Angelo M. De Marzo -- Part VII. Drug Development. Challenges for the Development of New Agents in Prostate Cancer / Ajjai S. Alva, Deborah A. Bradley, and Maha Hussain ; FDA Approval of Prostate Cancer Treatments / Yang-Min Ning, Ramzi N. Dagher, and Richard Pazdur ; Applications of Proteomics in Prostate Cancer / Mitchell Gross, Edward Macrohon Nepomuceno, and David B. Agus.
- Drug metabolism 2005, Springer
- Drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics quick guide 2011, Springer1. Pharmacokinetics -- 2. Drug Metabolizing Enzymes -- 3. Oral Absorption -- 4. Transporters -- 5. Metabolism-Based Drug Interactions -- 6. Biotransformation and Bioactivation -- 7. Prediction of Human Pharmacokinetics -- 8. Advances in Bioanalysis as It Relates to ADME -- 9. ADME Properties and Their Dependence on Physicochemical Properties -- 10. In Silico ADME Tools -- 11. Approved Drugs -- 12. Chemical Nomenclature.
- Drug metabolism and transport 2005, Springer ProtocolsRenal cytochrome P450s and flavin-containing monooxygenases : potential roles in metabolism and toxicity of 1,3-butadiene, trichloroethylene, and tetrachloroethylene / Adnan A. Elfarra -- Experimental approaches for the study of cytochrome P450 gene regulation / Hollie I. Swanson ... [et al.] -- Insulin and growth factor signaling : effects on drug metabolizing enzymes / Sang K. Kim, Kimberly J. Woodcroft, and Raymond F. Novak -- Catalytic function and expression of glutathione transferase zeta / Philip G. Board, M.W. Anders, and Anneke C. Blackburn -- Glucuronidation of fatty acids and prostaglandins by human udp glucuronosyltransferases / Anna Radominska-Pandya, Joanne M. Little and Arthur Bull -- Transcriptional regulation of UDP-glucuronosyltransferases / Anna Radominska-Pandya, Peter I. Mackenzie, and Wen Xie -- Phenotypic and genotypic characterization of n-acetylation / Craig K. Svensson and David W. Hein -- Methods and approaches to study metabolism and toxicity of acetaminophen / Sam A. Bruschi -- Modulation of drug metabolism and antiviral therapies / Bernhard H. Lauterburg -- Modulation of thiols and other low-molecular-weight cofactors : effects on drug metabolism and disease susceptibility / Charles V. Smith -- Multidrug resistance proteins and hepatic transport of endo- and xenobiotics / Phillip M. Gerk and Mary Vore -- Structural determinants of folate and antifolate membrane transport by the reduced folate carrier / Wei Cao and Larry H. Matherly -- Glutathione transport in the kidneys : experimental models, mechanisms, and methods / Lawrence H. Lash -- Human cytosolic sulfotransferases : properties, physiological functions, and toxicology / Charles N. Falany.
- Drug monitoring and clinical chemistry 2004, ScienceDirect
- Drug product development for the back of the eye 2011, SpringerThis comprehensive volume discusses approaches for a systematic selection of delivery systems for various classes of therapeutic agents including small molecule, protein, and nucleic acid drugs. Specific topics covered in this book include: Solution, suspension, gel, nanoparticle, microparticle, and implant dosage forms; Refillable and microneedle devices; Intravitreal, suprachoroidal, intrascleral, transscleral, systemic, and topical routes of delivery; Physical methods including iontophoresis for drug delivery; Rational selection of routes of administration and delivery systems; Noninvasive and continuous drug monitoring; Clinical endpoints and regulatory path to drug product development; Emerging and existing drugs and drug targets.
- Drug products for clinical trials. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Print Material
- Drug residues in foods 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Drug resistance in cancer cells 2009, SpringerMultidrug Resistance Mediated by MDR-ABC Transporters / Gergely Szakács ... [et al.] -- Metastasis and Drug Resistance / Dominic Fan ... [et al.] -- The Role of Autophagy and Apoptosis in the Drug Resistance of Cancer / Tomohisa Yokoyama ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of Resistance to targeted Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors / Stacey J.Baker, E. Premkumar Reddy -- Targeting Transglutaminase-2 to overcome Chemoresistance in Cancer Cells / Kapil Mehta, Jansina Y. Fok -- Extracellular Matrix-Mediated Drug Resistance / P.S. Hodkinson, Tariq Sethi -- Oxidative Stress and Drug Resistance in Cancer / Dunyaporn Trachootham, Wan Zhang, Peng Huang -- Nuclear Factor-kB and Chemoresistance / Ajaikumar B.Kunnumakkara, Preetha Anand, Bharat B. Aggarwal -- Drug Resistance and the Tumor Suppressor p53 : The Paradox of Wild-Type Genotype in Chemorefractory Cancers / Zahid H. Siddik -- Resistance to Differentiation Therapy / Bulent Ozpolat -- MicroRNAs and Drug Resistance / Elisa Barbarotto, George A. Calin -- Molecular Signatures of Drug Resistance / Melissa A. Troester, Jason I. Herschkowitz, Katherine A. Hoadley -- Assessment of Drug Resistance in Anticancer Therapy by Nuclear Imaging / Natalie Charnley, Catharine West, Pat Price -- Overcoming Drug Resistance by Phytochemicals / Marion M. Chan, Dunne Fong.
- Drug resistance in leishmania parasites 2013, Springer
- Drug safety evaluation 2009, Springer ProtocolsDeveloping Combination Drugs in Preclinical Studies / Alberto Lodola -- Preclinical Evaluation of Juvenile Toxicity / Paul C. Barrow, Stéphane Barbellion, Jeanne Stadler -- Necropsy and Sampling Procedures in Rodents / Laurence Fiette, Mohamed Slaoui -- Histopathology Procedures: From Tissue Sampling to Histopathological Evaluation / Mohamed Slaoui, Laurence Fiette -- Principles and Methods of Immunohistochemistry / José A. Ramos-Vara -- Tissue Microarrays and Digital Image Analysis / Denise Ryan, Laoighse Mulrane, Elton Rexhepaj, William M. Gallagher -- Micronucleus Assay and Labeling of Centromeres with FISH Technique / Ilse Decordier, Raluca Mateuca, Micheline Kirsch-Volders -- The Use of Bacterial Repair Endonucleases in the Comet Assay / Andrew R. Collins -- Manual Whole-Cell Patch-Clamping of the HERG Cardiac K+ Channel / Xiao-Liang Chen, Jiesheng Kang, David Rampe -- Generation and Analysis of Transcriptomics Data / Philip D. Glaves, Jonathan D. Tugwood -- Protocols of Two-Dimensional Difference Gel Electrophoresis to Investigate Mechanisms of Toxicity / Emmanuelle Com, Albrecht Gruhler, Martine Courcol, Jean-Charles Gautier -- Protocols and Applications of Cellular Metabolomics in Safety Studies Using Precision-Cut Tissue Slices and Carbon 13 NMR / Gabriel Baverel, Sophie Renault, Hassan Faiz, Maha Hage, Catherine Gauthier, Agnès Duplany, Bernard Ferrier, Guy Martin -- Statistical Analysis of Quantitative RT-PCR Results / Richard Khan-Malek, Ying Wang -- Evaluation of Mitochondrial Respiration in Cultured Rat Hepatocytes / Jean-Pierre Marchandeau, Gilles Labbe -- FETAX Assay for Evaluation of Developmental Toxicity / Isabelle Mouche, Laure Malesic, Olivier Gillardeaux -- Evaluation of Embryotoxicity Using the Zebrafish Model / Lisa Truong, Stacey L. Harper, Robert L. Tanguay -- Protocols of In Vitro Protein Covalent Binding Studies in Liver / Jean-François Lévesque, Stephen H. Day, Allen N. Jones -- Utilization of MALDI-TOF to Determine Chemical-Protein Adduct Formation In Vitro / Ashley A. Fisher, Matthew T. Labenski, Terrence J. Monks, Serrine S. Lau -- Utilization of LC-MS/MS Analyses to Identify Site-Specific Chemical Protein Adducts In Vitro / Ashley A. Fisher, Matthew T. Labenski, Terrence J. Monks, Serrine S. Lau / One-Dimensional Western Blotting Coupled to LC-MS/MS Analysis to Identify Chemical-Adducted Proteins in Rat Urine / Matthew T. Labenski, Ashley A. Fisher, Terrence J. Monks, Serrine S. Lau -- Identification of Chemical-Adducted Proteins in Urine by Multi-dimensional Protein Identification Technology (LC/LC-MS/MS) / Matthew T. Labenski, Ashley A. Fisher, Terrence J. Monks, Serrine S. Lau -- Optimization of SELDI for Biomarker Detection in Plasma / Jean-Francois Léonard, Martine Courcol, Jean-Charles Gautier -- Differential Proteomics Incorporating iTRAQ Labeling and Multi-dimensional Separations / Ben C. Collins, Thomas Y. Lau, Stephen R. Pennington, William M. Gallagher -- NMR and MS Methods for Metabonomics / Frank Dieterle, Björn Riefke, Götz Schlotterbeck, Alfred Ross, Hans Senn, Alexander Amberg -- Absolute Quantification of Toxicological Biomarkers by Multiple Reaction Monitoring / Thomas Y. Lau, Ben C. Collins, Peter Stone, Ning Tang, William M. Gallagher, Stephen R. Pennington.
- Drug targets in kinetoplastid parasites Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialArsenite resistance in leishmania and possible drug targets / Gaganmeet Singh, K.G. Jayanarayan, Chinmoy S. Dey -- Unique characteristics of the kinetoplast DNA replication machinery provide potential drug targets in trypanosomatids / Dotan Sela ... [et al.] -- Drugs and transporters in kinetoplastid protozoa / Scott M. Landfear -- Selective lead compounds against kinetoplastid tubulin / R.E. Morgan and K.A. Werbovetz -- Fishing for anti-leishmania drugs: principles and problems / Emanuela Handman ... [et al.] -- Sterol 14-demethylase inhibitors for trypanosoma cruzi infections / Frederick S. Buckner -- Histone deacetylases / David Horn -- Targeting glycoproteins or glycolipids and their metabolic pathways for antiparasite therapy / Sumi Mukhopadhyay nee Bandyopadhyay and Chitra Mandal -- DNA topoisomerases of leishmania: the potential targets for anti-leishmanial therapy / Benu Brata Das, Agneyo Ganguly and Hemanta K. Majumder -- Antiparasitic chemotherapy: tinkering with the purine salvage pathway / Alok Kumar Datta, Rupak Datta and Banibrata Sen -- Searching the tritryp genomes for drug targets / Peter J. Myler -- Purine and pyrimidine metabolism in leishmania / Nicola S. Carter ... [et al.].
- Drug testing in alternate biological specimens 2008, Springer
- Print Material
- Drug therapy for the elderly 2013, SpringerWith people aged 65 years and older currently making up the fastest growing age group throughout the world, the demographic revolution of an aging society will inevitably lead to increased pressure to develop a rationalistic and age-tailored process of diagnosis and treatment among the elderly. As aging people often suffer from several chronic diseases and are being treated with multiple medications concurrently, unwanted drug interactions occur more frequently. Whereas recent approaches have recommended to remove particular drugs from the medication regimen to avoid adverse effects, Drug Therapy for the Elderly underlines both indispensable and dispensable elements of drug treatment, providing the practitioner with:- Background information on the elderly population regarding their needs for particular drugs (with an eye to frailty, co-morbidity patterns, and special sensitivities regarding drug metabolism and excretion)- Practical advice about drug treatment surveillance parameters in the elderly- In-depth discussion of drugs in relation to the elderly with specific diagnoses- Integration of multimorbidity/polypharmacy situations into prioritization schemes- A plan for how to deal with the complexity of polypharmacy situations in a five-minute consultationAn original classification of drugs is proposed by the editor which relates the power of effects, prognostic data, and tolerability to a prioritization scoring system. This approach is the first to not only provide a negative listing, but also integrates positive data into an overall assessment for drugs fit for the aged. Therefore, Drug Therapy for the Elderly serves as a timely reference for a wide array of physicians.
- Drug therapy for Type 2 Diabetes 2012, SpringerThis Adis Pocket Reference presents an up-to-date, succinct, and practical approach to drug therapy for type 2 diabetes.
- Drug transporters 2011, SpringerUptake transporters of the human OATP family / Jörg König -- In vitro and in vivo evidence of the importance of organic anion -- transporters (OATs) in drug therapy / Gerhard Burckhardt and Birgitta Christina Burckhardt -- Organic cation transporters (OCTs, MATEs), in vitro and in vivo evidence for the importance in drug therapy / Anne T. Nies et al. -- Role of the intestinal bile acid transporters in bile acid and drug disposition / Paul A. Dawson -- The role of the sodium-taurocholate cotransporting polypeptide (NTCP) and of the bile salt export pump (BSEP) in physiology and pathophysiology of bile formation / Bruno Stieger -- P-glycoprotein: tissue distribution, substrates, and functional consequences of genetic variations / Ingolf Cascorbi -- Importance of P-glycoprotein for drug-drug interactions / Hartmut Gläser -- Multidrug resistance proteins (MRPs, ABCCs): importance for pathophysiology and drug therapy / Dietrich Keppler -- In vitro and in vivo evidence for the importance of breast cancer resistance protein transporters(BCRP/MXR/ABCP/ABCG2) / Henriette E. Meyer zu Schwabedissen and Heyo K. Kroemer -- Molecular mechanisms of drug transporter regulation / Rommel G. Tirona -- In vivo probes of drug transport: commonly used probe drugs -- to assess function of intestinal P-glycoprotein (ABCB1) in humans / Stefan Oswald, Bernd Terhaag, and Werner Siegmund.
- Drug-eluting stents 2012, Future MedDrug-eluting stents / Imad Sheiban & Fabrizio D'Ascenzo -- Drug-eluting stents : overview and indications / Fabrizio D'Ascenzo & Imad Sheiban -- Coronary artery stents : approved first-generation drug-eluting stents / Jason R. Foerst, Frank Gruenheck, Malte Kelm & Marc Vorpahl -- Approved drug-eluting stents : second generation / Giampaolo Niccoli & Gregory A. Sgueglia -- Drug-eluting stents in development / Joanne Shannon & Azeem Latib -- Current guidelines for the use of drug-eluting stents / Gill Louise Buchanan & Alaide Chieffo -- Index.
- Print Material
- Drug-induced liver disease. 3rd ed. 2013, ScienceDirectI. Mechanisms of liver injury. Drug-induced liver injury / Neil Kaplowitz -- Cytochrome P450 activation of toxins and hepatotoxicity / F. Peter Guengerich -- Mechanistic role of acyl glucuronides / Howard Horng, Hilde Spahn-Langguth, and Leslie Z. Benet -- Oxidant stress, antioxidant defense, and liver injury / Mitchell R. McGill and Hartmut Jaeschke -- Hepatotoxicity due to mitochondrial injury / John J. Lemasters -- Mechanisms of cell death and relevance to drug toxicity / Lily Dara, Derick Han, and Neil Kaplowitz -- Role of membrane transport in hepatotoxicity and pathogenesis of drug-induced cholestasis / Bruno Stieger and Gerd A. Kullak-Ublick -- Liver sinusoidal endothelial cells and liver injury / Laurie D. Deleve -- Macrophages and kupffer cells in drug-induced liver injury / Mark Barnes ... [et al.] -- Role of inflammation in drug-induced liver injury / Robert A. Roth and Patricia E. Ganey -- Role of the adaptive immmune system in idiosyncratic drug-induced liver injury / Jack Uetrecht -- Role of tissue repair and death proteins in liver injury / Harihara M. Mehendale -- Genetic factors in the pathogenesis of drug-induced liver injury / Ann K. Daly and Christopher P. Day -- II. Diagnosis and management. Clinical manifestations and management of drug-induced liver diseases / Willis C. Maddrey -- Histopathological evaluationof drug-induced liver disease / David E. Kleiner -- Risk factors for drug-induced liver disease / Raj Vuppalanchi and Maga Chalasani -- Biomarkers for drug-induced liver injury / Paul B. Watkins -- Causality assessment / M. Isabel Lucena ... [et al.] -- III. Hepatotoxicity of specifid drugs. Mechanisms of acetaminophen-induced liver disease / Jack A. Hinson -- Acetaminophen / Laura P. James -- Mechanisms underlying the hepatotoxicity of nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs / Urs A. Boelsterli -- Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs and leukotriene receptor antagonists / James H. Kewis and Jonathan G. Stine -- Mechanism, pathology, and clinical presentation of hepatotoxicity of anesthetic agents / J. Gerald Kenna -- Anticonvulsant agents / Munir Pirmohamed and J. Steven Leeder -- Hepatotoxicity of psychotropic drugs and drugs of abuse / Dominique Larrey and Marie-Pierre Ripault -- Hepatotoxicity of antimicrobials and antifungal agents / Richard H. Moseley -- Hepatotoxicity of antitubercular drugs / Sumita Verma and Neil Kaplowitz -- Hepatotoxicity of antiviral agents / Marina Núñez -- Hepatotoxicity of cardiovascular and antidiabetic drugs / Dina Halegoua-De Marzio and Victor J. Navarro -- Cancer chemotherpay / Laurie D. Deleve -- Hepatotoxicity of immunosuppressive drugs / Adrian Reuben -- Hepatotoxicity related to methotrexate / Guruprasad P. Aithal -- Adverse effects of hormones and hormone antagonists on the liver / Shivakumar Chitturi and Geoffrey C. Farrell -- Mushroom poisoning / François Durand and Dominique Valla -- Hepatotoxicity of herbals and dietary supplements / Leonard Seeff, Felix Stickel, and Victor J. Navarro -- Occupational and environmental hepatotoxicity / Keith G. Tolman and Anthony S. Dalpiaz -- Chronic liver disease from drugs / Einar S. Björnsson -- IV. Future directions. Regulatory perspectives / Mark I. Avigan -- Drug-induced liver injury research networks / Robert J. Fontana -- LiverTox / Jay H. Hoofnagle.
- Drug-induced movement disorders 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Drug-nucleic acid interactions ScienceDirectBiophysical approaches -- Chemical and molecular biological approaches -- Enzymology and biological approaches.
- Drug-related problems in the elderly 2009, Springer
- Drugs affecting 5-HT systems 2013, Wellcome Trust
- Drugs affecting growth of tumours 2006, Springer
- Drugs and poisons in humans 2005, SpringerI. Chapters of general nature. How to handle biological specimens -- Alternative specimens -- Pitfalls and cautions in analysis of drugs and poisons -- Pretreatments of human specimens -- Detection methods -- A computer system for diagnosis of causative drugs and poisons developed by the Japan Poison Information Center (Tokyo) -- Practical use of the poison-net developed by the Japan Poison Information Network (Hiroshima) -- Problems in toxin analysis in emergency medicine -- Analyses of chemical warefare agents and their related compounds -- B. Chapters on specific toxins. Volatile compounds -- Controlled drugs -- Psychopharmaceuticals and hypnotics -- General drugs -- Chemicals of daily necessaries -- Natural toxins and alkaloids -- Pesticides -- Miscellaneous.
- Drugs compromising male sexual health 2008, SpringerMale sexual health -- Structure and physiology of the testis -- Introduction -- The spermatozoa -- Sperm motility -- Capacitation and acrosome reaction -- Fertilization of the oocyte -- Testing substances that compromise spermatogenesis and fertility (adapted from Creasy 1997) -- Testosterone production and testosterone effects -- Physiology of erection -- Introduction -- Role of androgens in erection -- Priapism -- Physiology of ejaculation -- Drugs which compromise male sexual health -- Adverse drug effects -- Male sexual health and drugs -- Drugs which compromise testicular function -- Drugs which compromise erectile function -- Drugs which compromise ejaculation -- Database of drugs.
- Drugs during pregnancy and lactation-- treatment options and risk assessment. 2nd ed. 2007, ClinicalKeyGeneral commentary on drug therapy and drug risks in pregnancy / Richard K. Miller, Paul W. Peters, and Christoff E. Schaefer -- Specific drug therapies during pregnancy / Mimke Reuvers and Christof Schaefer -- General commentary on drug therapy and drug risk during lactation / Ruth Lawrence and Christof Schaefer -- Specific drug therapies during lactation / Chistof Schaefer and Ruth Lawrence.
- Drugs for HER2-positive breast cancer 2011, Springer"Growth factor receptors have long been known to drive malignant transformation and cancer progression. The epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR, ErbB, HER) system is likely the best described membrane receptor tyrosine kinase family in malignant tumors. With implementation of the growth-inhibitory anti-HER-2 antibody trastuzumab (Herceptin) for the treatment of HER-2-positive advanced metastatic breast cancer, a new era has dawned in the therapy of this malignant disease. Unfortunately, trastuzumab-sensitive cancers invariably develop resistance to the antibody after some time. Recent clinical studies have revealed that these refractory tumors are still responsive to inhibition of the HER receptor family using dual HER-1/-2 inhibitors such as lapatinib (Tykerb/Tyverb). Moreover, a multiplicity of novel, improved irreversibly acting small molecular HER tyrosine kinase inhibitors are in the pipeline of many drug developing companies and are being evaluated in the clinical setting."
- Drugs for life 2012Print Material"Every year the average number of prescriptions purchased by Americans increases, as do healthcare expenditures, which are projected to reach one fifth of the U.S. gross domestic product by 2020. In Drugs for Life, Joseph Dumit considers how our burgeoning consumption of medicine and cost of healthcare not only came to be, but came to be taken for granted. For several years, Dumit attended pharmaceutical industry conferences; spoke with marketers, researchers, doctors, and patients; and surveyed the industry's literature regarding strategies to expand markets for prescription drugs. He concluded that underlying the continual growth in medications, disease categories, costs, and insecurity is a relatively new perception of ourselves as inherently ill and in need of chronic treatment. This perception is based on clinical trials that we have largely outsourced to pharmaceutical companies. Those companies in turn see clinical trials as investments and measure the value of those investments by the size of the market they will create. They only ask questions for which the answer is more medicine. Drugs for Life challenges our understanding of health, risks, facts, and clinical trials, the very concepts used by pharmaceutical companies to grow markets to the point where almost no one can imagine a life without prescription drugs."--Provided by publisher.
- Print Material
- Drugs for relapse prevention of alcoholism 2005, Springer
- Print Material
- Print Material[Beta]-blocking agents / Lionel H. Opie, John D. Horowitz -- Nitrates and newer antianginals / Lionel H. Opie, John D. Horowitz -- Calcium channel blockers (calcium antagonists) / Lionel H. Opie -- Diuretics / Lionel H. Opie, Norman M. Kaplan -- Inhibitors of angiotensin-converting enzyme, angiotensin II receptor, aldosterone, and renin / Lionel H. Opie, Marc A. Pfeffer -- Acute and chronic heart failure : positive inotropes, vasodilators, and digoxin / Philip A. Poole-Wilson, Lionel H. Opie -- Antihypertensive drugs / Norman M. Kaplan, Lionel H. Opie -- Antiarrhythmic drugs and strategies / Lionel H. Opie, John P. DiMarco, Bernard J. Gersh -- Antithrombotic agents : platelet inhibitors, anticoagulants, and fibrinolytics / Keith A.A. Fox ... [et al.] -- Lipid-modifying and antiatherosclerotic drugs / Antonio M. Gotto, Jr., Lionel H. Opie -- Metabolic syndrome, hyperglycemia, and Type 2 diabetes / Lionel H. Opie, John M. Miles, Sidney C. Smith, Jr. -- Which therapy for which conditon? / Bernard J. Gersh, Lionel H. Opie.
- Drugs for the heart. 8th ed. 2013, ClinicalKey[Beta]-blocking agents / Lionel H. Opie -- Nitrates and newer antianginals / Lionel H. Opie, John D. Horowitz -- Calcium channel blockers / Lionel H. Opie -- Diuretics / Lionel H. Opie, Ronald G. Victor, Norman M. Kaplan -- Inhibitors of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system / Lionel H. Opie, Marc A. Pfeffer -- Heart failure / John R. Teerlink, Karen Sliwa, Lionel H. Opie -- Antihypertensive therapies / Lional H. Opie ... [et al.] -- Antiarrhythmic drugs and strategies / Stanley Nattel, Bernard J. Gersh, Lionel H. Opie -- Antithrombotic agents : platelet inhibitors, acute anticoagulants, fibrinolytics, and chronic anticoagulants / Keith A.A. Fox ... [et al.] -- Lipid-modifying and antiatherosclerotic drugs / Antonio M. Gotto Jr., Lionel H. Opie -- Metabolic syndrome, hyperglycemia, and type-2 diabetes / Lionel H. Opie, Juris Meier, John M. Miles -- Which therapy for which condition? / Bernard J. Gersh, Lionel H. Opie.
- Drugs in ophthalmology 2006, Springer
- Drugs in pregnancy and lactation. 9th ed. 2011, Ovid
- Drugs of abuse 2005, Springer
- Dry eye 2006Print MaterialAnatomy and physiology of the ocular surface / Athiya Agarwal -- Lacrimal system: anatomy and physiology / Alexander V. On and Marc J. Hirschbein -- Anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry of the tear film / Ashok Garg, Amar Agarwal, and C. Sujatha -- Dry eye process and ocular surface disorders / Soosan Jacob and Amar Agarwal -- Evaluation of the dry eye patient / Grant D. Gilliland -- Dry eye secondary to aqueous tear deficiency (Sjögren's syndrome) / Mahmoud M. Ismail, M. Alaa El Danasoury, and Akef El Maghrabi -- Dry eye secondary to increased evaporation / Amar Agarwal and Soosan Jacob -- Allergy- and medication-induced ocular surface disease / W. Barry Lee and Ivan R. Schwab -- Chemical burns and the dry eye / Vatinee Y. Bunya, Christopher J. Rapuano, and Kristin M. Hammersmith --Keratoplasty: ocular surface corneal transplantation / Roy S. Chuck ... [et al.] -- Keratolimbal allografting / Daniel Böhringer, Rainer Sundmacher and Thomas Reinhard -- Keratoprosthesis / M. Emilia Mulet and Jorge L. Alio -- Surgical options for dry eyes and exacerbating eyelid disorders / Kimberly Cockerham, Orin Zwick, and Glenn C. Cockerham -- Contact lens-induced dry eye / Kenneth Daniels -- Cataract surgery in the dry eye patient / Suresh K. Pandey, Brighu Swamy, and Amar Agarwal -- Refractive surgery and the dry eye patient / Ahmad M. Fahmy and David R. Hardten -- Computer vision syndrome / Suresh K. Pandey and Brighu Swamy.Ocular cicatricial pemphigoid and dry eye syndrome / Vasudha Panday, Kristin M. Hammersmith, and Christopher J. Rapuano -- Tear supplements-artificial tears / Guillermo L. Simón-Castellví ... [et al.] -- Autologous serum drops / Kazuo Tsubota and Murat Dogru -- Restasis-topical cyclosporin A / Renée Solomon ... [et al.] -- Management: miscellaneous modalities / Soosan Jacob ...[et al.] -- Punctal occlusion: plugs, cautery, and suturing / Sanjay V. Patel and H. Kaz Soong -- Amniotic membrane transplantation / Oscar Gris and José L. Güell -- Limbal stem cell disease and management / W. Barry Lee and Ivan R. Schwab --Surgical procedure in stem cell transplantation / Sunita Agarwal and Soosan Jacob -- Large diameter lamellar keratoplasty and stem cell transplantation / Javier Mendicute ... [et al.] --
- DSM cases 2005, PsychiatryOnline
- DSM-5 clinical cases. First edition [1st ed.] 2014, PsychiatryOnlineNeurodevelopmental disorders -- Schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders -- Bipolar and related disorders -- Depressive disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Obsessive-compulsive and related disorders -- Trauma- and stressor-related disorders -- Dissociative disorders -- Somatic symptom and related disorders -- Feeding and eating disorders -- Elimination disorders -- Sleep-wake disorders -- Sexual dysfunctions -- Gender dysphoria -- Disruptive, impulse-control, and conduct disorders -- Substance-related and addictive disorders -- Neurocognitive disorders -- Personality disorders -- Paraphilic disorders.
- DSM-5 handbook of differential diagnosis. First edition [1st ed.] 2014, PsychiatryOnlinePart I. Differential diagnosis step by step -- Part II. Differential diagnosis by the trees -- Part III. Differential diagnosis by the tables -- Neurodevelopmental disorders -- Schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders -- Bipolar and related disorders -- Depressive disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Obsessive-compulsive and related disorders -- Trauma- and Stressor-related disorders -- Dissociative disorders -- Somatic symptom and related disorders -- Feeding and eating disorders -- Sleep-wake disorders -- Sexual dysfunctions -- Gender dysphoria -- Disruptive, impulse-control, and conduct disorders -- Substance-related and addictive disorders -- Neurocognitive disorders -- Personality disorders -- Paraphilic disorders.
- DSM-IV-TR 2000, PsychiatryOnline
- Print Material
- DSM-IV-TR handbook of differential diagnosis. 1st ed. 2002, PsychiatryOnline
- DSM-V 2013, PsychiatryOnlineSection 1. DSM-5 basics. Introduction -- Use of the manual -- Cautionary statement for forensic use of DSM-5 -- Section 2. Diagnostic criteria and codes. Neurodevelopmental disorders -- Schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders -- Bipolar and related disorders -- Depressive disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Obsessive-compulsive and related disorders -- Dissociative disorders -- Somatic symptom and related disorders -- Feeding and eating disorders -- Elimination disorders -- Sleep-wake disorders -- Sexual dysfunctions -- Gender dysphoria -- Disruptive, impulse-control, and conduct disorders -- Substance-related and addictive disorders -- Neurocognitive disorders -- Personality disorders -- Paraphilic disorders -- Other mental disorders -- Medication-induced movement disorders and other adverse effect of medication -- Other conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention -- Section 3. Emerging measures and models. Assessment measures -- Cultural formulation -- Alternative DSM-5 Model for Personality Disorders -- Conditions for further study -- Appendix. Highlights of changes from DSM-IV to DSM-5 -- Glossary of technical terms -- Alphabetic listing of DSM-5 diagnoses and codes (ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM) -- Numerical listing of DSM-5 diagnoses and codes (ICD-9-CM) -- Numerical listing of DSM-5 diagnoses and codes (ICD-10-CM) -- DSM-5 advisors and other contributors.
- dsRNA genetic elements 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Dual diagnosis 2005, KargerEtiological theories on the relationship of mental disorders and substance use disorders / Moggi, F. -- The genetic basis of substance use and abuse / Jacobson, K.C. -- Paths of genetic and environmental influence: the routes connecting personality disorders with substance use disorders / Cadoret, R.J. ... [et al.] -- Historical and conceptual issues / Jacobs, W.S., Cahill, K.S., Gold, M.S. -- Comorbidity in alcohol use disorders: focus on mood, anxiety and personality / Hintz, T., Mann, K. -- Having attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder and substance use disorder: a review of the literature / Eich, D., Figner, B. -- Diagnostic issues in dual diagnosis patients / Petitjean, S. -- Neurocognitive impairment: an underdiagnosed comorbid entity in the treatment of substance use disorders / Dorsteler-MacFarland, K.M., Cereghetti, K.H., Wiesbeck, G.A. -- Modified therapeutic communities for co-occurring substance abuse and psychiatric disorders / Leon, G.D.
- Dual source CT imaging 2008, Springer
- Duane's Ophthalmology. Rev. ed. 2013. 2013, OvidDuane's Clinical ophthalmology -- Duane's Foundations of clinical ophthalmology -- New and Revised Chapters: Duane's Clinical Ophthalmology -- New and Revised Chapters: Duane's Foundations of Clinical Ophthalmology -- 2012 New and Revised Chapters: Duane's Clinical Ophthalmology -- 2012 New and Revised Chapters: Duane's Foundations of Clinical Ophthalmology.
- Dubois' Lupus erythematosus and related syndromes. 8th ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyDefinition and Classification of Lupus and Lupus-Related Disorders -- The Epidemiology of Lupus -- The Pathogenesis of SLE -- Genetics of Human SLE -- Epigenetics of Lupus -- The Innate Immune System in SLE -- Cytokines and Interferons in Lupus -- The Structure and Derivation of Antibodies and Autoantibodies -- T Cells -- Regulatory Cells in SLE -- Apoptosis, Necrosis, and Autophagy -- Abnormalities in Immune Complex Clearance and Fcγ Receptor Function -- Neural-Immune Interactions: Principles and Relevance to SLE -- Complement and SLE -- Mechanisms of Acute Inflammation and Vascular Injury in SLE -- Mechanisms of Tissue Damage-Free Radicals and Fibrosis -- Animal Models of SLE -- Pathogenetic Mechanisms in Lupus Nephritis -- Immune Tolerance Defects in Lupus -- Autoantibodies -- Autoantigenesis and Antigen-Based Therapy and Vaccination in SLE -- Overview and Clinical Presentation -- Pathomechanisms of Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus -- Skin Disease in Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus -- The Musculoskeletal System and Bone Metabolism -- Pathogenesis and Treatment of Atherosclerosis in Lupus -- Cardiopulmonary Disease in SLE -- Pathogenesis of the Nervous System -- Clinical Aspects of the Nervous System -- Psychopathology, Neurodiagnostic Testing, and Imaging -- Ocular, Aural, and Oral Manifestations -- Management of Sjögren Syndrome in Patients with SLE -- Gastrointestinal and Hepatic Manifestations -- Hematologic and Lymphoid Abnormalities in SLE -- Clinical and Epidemiologic Features of Lupus Nephritis -- Pregnancy in Women with SLE -- Neonatal Lupus Erythematosus -- Reproductive and Hormonal Issues in Women with Autoimmune Diseases -- Drug-Induced Lupus: Etiology, Pathogenesis, and Clinical Aspects -- SLE in Childhood and Adolescence -- Mixed Connective Tissue Disease and Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease -- Clinical Aspects of the Antiphospholipid Syndrome -- Clinical Application of Serologic Tests, Serum Protein Abnormalities, and Other Clinical Laboratory Tests in SLE -- Differential Diagnosis and Disease Associations -- SLE and Infections -- Clinical Measures, Metrics, and Indices -- Principles of Therapy, Local Measures, and Nonsteroidal Medications -- Systemic Glucocorticoid Therapy in SLE -- Antimalarial Medications -- Immunosuppressive Drug Therapy -- Specialized Treatment Approaches and Niche Therapies for Lupus Subsets -- Adjunctive and Preventive Measures -- Novel Therapies for SLE: Biological Agents Available in Practice Today -- Critical Issues in Drug Development for SLE -- Socioeconomic and Disability Aspects -- Investigational Agents and Future Therapy for SLE -- Mortality in SLE.
- Duke review of MRI principles 2012, ClinicalKeyT1 contrast / Phil Hoang ... [et al.] -- T2 contrast / Scott Duncan and Tim Amrhein -- Proton density / Kimball Christianson ... [et al.] -- Gadolinium-based contrast agents / Kimball Christianson, Allen Song, Elmar Merkle -- Preparatory pulses / Phil Hoang ... [et al.] -- Inversion recovery / Phil Hoang ... [et al] -- Chemical shift type 2 artifact / Scott Duncan and Tim Amrhein -- Susceptibility artifact / Wells Mangrum, Elmar Merkle, Allen Song -- Motion, pulsation and other artifacts / Kimball Christianson ... [et al.] -- Flow-related contrast / Scott Duncan and Tim Amrhein -- Time-of-flight imaging / Scott Duncan and Tim Amrhein -- Time-resolved contrast enhanced MRA / Kimball Christianson ... [et al.] -- Phase contrast / Scott Duncan and Tim Amrhein -- Diffusion MRI / Kimball Christianson ... [et al.] -- Perfusion MRI / Wells Mangrum ... [et al.] -- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy / Wells Mangrum, Allen Song, Jeffrey Petrella -- Functional MRI -- Wells Mangrum ... [et al.].
- Duke's Handbook of medicinal plants of the Bible 2008, CRCnetBASEAcknowledgments -- Introduction -- Author -- Bibliographic abbreviations -- Chemical and medical abbreviations -- Hushpuppy -- Format of this book -- Catalog of "faith-based" farmaceuticals -- References -- Common name index -- Scientific name index.
- Dulcan's Textbook of child and adolescent psychiatry. 1st ed. 2010, PsychiatryOnlineAssessing infants and toddlers -- Assessing the preschool-age child -- Assessing the elementary school-age child -- Assessing adolescents -- Classification of psychiatric disorders -- The process of assessment and diagnosis -- Diagnostic interviews -- Rating scales -- Pediatric evaluation and laboratory testing -- Neurological examination, electroencephalography, and neuroimaging -- Psychological and neuropsychological testing -- Intellectual disability (mental retardation) -- Autism spectrum disorders -- Developmental disorders of learning, communication, and motor skills -- Attention-deficity/hyperactivity disorder -- Oppositional defiant disorder and conduct disorder -- Substance abuse and addictions -- Depression and dysthmyia -- Biopolar disorder -- Generalized anxiety disorder, specific phobia, panic disorder, social phobia, and selective mutism -- Separation anxiety disorder and school refusal -- Posttraumatic stress disorder -- Obsessive-compulsive disorder -- Early-onset schizophrenia -- Obesity -- Anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa -- Tic disorders -- Elimination disorders -- Sleep disorders -- Evidence-based practices -- Child abuse and neglect -- HIV and AIDS -- Bereavement and traumatic grief -- Ethnic, cultural, and religious issues -- Youth suicide - Gender identity and sexual orientation -- Aggression and violence -- Genetics: fundamentals relevant to child and adolescent psychiatry -- Psychiatric emergencies -- Family transitions: challenges and resilience -- Psychiatric aspects of chronic physical disorders -- Children of parents with psychiatric and substance abuse disorders -- Legal and ethical issues --; Telepsychiatry -- Principles of psychopharmacology -- Medications used for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder -- Antidepressants -- Mood stabilizers -- Antipsychotic medications -- Apha-adrenergics, beta-blockers, benzodiazepines, buspirone, and desmopressin - Medications used for sleep -- Electroconvulsive therapy, transcranial magnetic stimulation, and deep brain stimulation -- Individual psychotherapy -- Parent counseling, psychoeducation, and parent support groups -- Behavioral parent training --- Family therapy - Interpersonal psychotherapy for depressed adolescents -- Cognitive-behavioral treatment for anxiety disorders -- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for depression - Motivational interviewing -- System of care, wraparound services,and home-based services -- Milieu treatment: inpatient, partial hospitalization, and residential programs -- School-based interventions -- Collaborating with primary care -- Juvenile justice.
- Print Material
- Dupuytren's disease and related hyperproliferative disorders 2012, SpringerPart I. Anatomy, Pathology, and Pathophysiology / Charles Eaton -- Part II. The Myofibroblast / Giulio Gabbiani -- Part III. Genetics and Demographics / Ardeshir Bayat -- Part IV. Collagen and Cell Biology / Charles Eaton -- Part V. Surgical Treatment / Paul M.N. Werker -- Part VI. Needle Release and Hand Therapy / Paul M.N. Werker -- Part VII. Additional and New Treatment Options / M. Heinrich Seegenschmiedt -- Part VIII. Future Perspectives / Charles Eaton.
- Dural cavernous sinus fistulas 2010, SpringerIntroduction -- Historical considerations -- Anatomy of the cavernous sinus and related structures -- Classification of cavernous sinus fistulas (CSFs) and dural arteriovenous fistulas (DAVFs) -- Etiology, prevalence and natural history of dural cavernous sinus fistulas (DCSFs) -- Neuro-ophthalmology in dural cavernous sinus fistulas (DCSFs) -- Radiological diagnosis of DCSFs -- Endovascular treatment -- Alternative treatment options -- Hemodynamic aspects of DCSFs -- Summary.
- Dust mites 2009, Springer"The purpose of Dust Mites is to provide a comprehensive reference work for all readers with an involvement or interest in house dust mite research and management, incorporating ... the topics of systematics and identification, physiology, ecology, allergen biochemistry and molecular biology, epidemiology, mite control and allergen avoidance."--From publisher's notes.
- Duus' Topical diagnosis in neurology. 4th completely rev. ed. 2005, Thieme BookElements of the nervous system -- Somatosensory system -- Motor system -- Brainstem -- Cerebellum -- Diencephalon and autonomic nervous system -- Limbic system -- Basal ganglia -- Cerebrum -- Coverings of the brain and spinal cord: cerebrospinal fluid and ventricular system -- Blood supply and vascular disorders of the central nervous system.
- Duus' topical diagnosis in neurology. 5th ed. 2012, Thieme BookElements of the nervous system -- Somatosensory system -- Motor system -- Brainstem -- Cerebellum -- Diencephalon and autonomic nervous system -- Limbic system -- Basal ganglia -- Cerebrum -- 1Coverings of the brain and spinal cord; cerebrospinal fluid and ventricular system -- Blood supply and vascular disorders of the central nervous system.
- Duvernoy's Atlas of the human brain stem and cerebellum 2009, Springer
- DXA primer for the practicing clinician 2014, SpringerDual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA) is the principal x-ray technology used to diagnose osteoporosis in its early, asymptomatic stages, to assess treatment efficacy, and to guide treatment decisions. It remains the gold standard today. A DXA Primer for the Practicing Clinician: A Case-Based Manual for Understanding and Interpreting Bone Densitometry is based on actual clinical encounters and treatment dilemmas encountered by the authors. The content is derived from years of clinical practice and presentations given by the authors at regional and national conferences. It exemplifies not only the complete body of knowledge provided through these lectures but also the full range of previously undiscussed nuances of DXA interpretation. This practical, easy-to-read text captures many of the common challenges of DXA interpretation that clinicians often encounter. The central focus of the book is the presentation of what is normal and what is problematic when using DXA. It presents real-life case histories, their corresponding DXA images, the problems encountered and their solutions. Unique in approach and presentation, this one-of-a-kind case-based manual will be of immense value to all clinicians and students motivated to optimize their diagnostic skills and assessment of patients with abnormal bone densities
- Dying for Victorian medicine SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Dynamic brain imaging 2009, Springer ProtocolsDynamic imaging of brain function / Fahmeed Hyder -- Fractal characterization of complexity in dynamic signals : application to cerebral hemodynamics / Peter Herman, Laszlo Kocsis, and Andras Eke -- Wide-field and two-photon imaging of brain activity with voltage- and calcium-sensitive dyes / Ryota Homma ... [et al.] -- Two-photon imaging of capillary blood flow in olfactory bulb glomeruli / Pascale Tiret ... [et al.] -- Astrocytic calcium signaling : mechanism and implications for functional brain imaging / Xiaohai Wang, Takahiro Takano, and Maiken Nedergaard -- Using the light scattering component of optical intrinsic signals to visualize in vivo functional structures of neural tissues / Uma Maheswari Rajagopalan, Kazushige Tsunoda, and Manabu Tanifuji -- Methods for studying functional interactions among neuronal populations / Nandakumar S. Narayanan and Mark Laubach -- Magnetoencephalography (MEG) / Andreas A. Ioannides -- Functiional neuroimaging of spike-wave seizures / Joshua E. Motelow and Hal Blumenfeld -- Tactile and non-tactile sensory paradigms for fMRI and neurophysiologic studies in rodents / Basavaraju G. Sanganahalli ... [et al.] -- Using fMRI for elucidating dynamic interactions / Yul-Wan Sung and Seiji Ogawa -- Resting-state functional connectivity in animal models : modulations by exsanguination / Bharat B. Biswal and Sridhar S. Kannurpatti -- Dynamic magnetic resonance imaging of cerebral blood flow using arterial spin labeling / Afonso C. Silva and Fernando F. Paiva -- Dynamic MRI of small electrical activity / Allen W. Song, Trong-Kha Truong, Marty Woldorff -- Advanced in vivo heteronuclear MRS approaches for studying brain bioenergetics driven by mitochondria / Xiao-Hong Zhu ... [et al.]
- Dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI atlas of prostate cancer 2009, Springer
- Dynamic echocardiography. 1st ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyA combines textbook, case-based, and multimedia approaches to cover the latest advances in this rapidly evolving specialty. The experts at the American Society of Echocardiography (ASE) present new developments in 3D echocardiography, aortic and mitral valve disease, interventional and intraoperative echocardiography, new technologies, and more.
- Dynamic modeling of diseases and pests 2009, SpringerThe why and how of dynamic modeling -- Basic epidemic models -- Insect dynamics -- Malaria and sickle cell anemia -- Encephalitis -- Chagas disease -- Lyme disease -- Chicken pox and shingles -- Toxoplasmosis -- The zebra mussel -- Biological control of pestilence -- Indirect susceptible-infected-resistant models of arboviral encephalitis transmission -- Chaos and pestilence -- Catastrophe and pestilence -- Spatial pestilence dynamics.
- Dynamic models and control of biological systems 2009, SpringerBasic models -- Chemostat versus the lake -- Instability tendencies -- Self-regulation -- Wall growth -- Zones of no activation -- Influence of the control mechanisms -- Parameter estimation using dynamic optimization.
- This book covers modeling of insect vector-borne infectious diseases, which account for some three million deaths worldwide. The authors describe processes for quantifying the vital parameters of diseases transmitted by mosquitoes, sand flies, fleas and ticks. Despite great advances in public health worldwide, insect vector-borne infectious diseases remain a leading cause of morbidity and mortality. Diseases that are transmitted by arthropods such as mosquitoes, sand flies, fleas, and ticks affect hundreds of millions of people and account for nearly three million deaths all over the world. In the past there was very little hope of controlling the epidemics caused by these diseases, but modern advancements in science and technology are providing a variety of ways in which these diseases can be handled. Clearly, the process of transmission of an infectious disease is a nonlinear dynamic process which can be understood only by appropriately quantifying the vital parameters that govern these dynamics.
- Dynamic prediction in clinical survival analysis 2012, CRCnetBASE"In the last twenty years, dynamic prediction models have been extensively used to monitor patient prognosis in survival analysis. Written by one of the pioneers in the area, this book synthesizes these developments in a unified framework. It covers a range of models, including prognostic and dynamic prediction of survival using genomic data and time-dependent information. The text includes numerous examples using real data that is taken from the authors collaborative research. R programs are provided for implementing the methods"--Provided by publisher.
- Print Material
- Dynamic structure of NREM sleep 2013, SpringerDynamic Structure of NREM Sleep is a concise guide to Cyclic Alternating Pattern (CAP) phenomenology and slow wave homeostasis. It presents an original approach to a specialized aspect of sleep neuroscience in a concise and easy-to-read format. The authors are specialists in the field of sleep neuroscience and lend a new perspective to the benefits of slow wave activity during sleep. The main feature of this discussion is that slow wave activity increases as a function of previous wakefulness and it gradually decreases in the course of sleep. Alongside developing this idea, this book covers the entire range of sleep issues from basic structure to function in comprehensive detail. Dynamic Structure of NREM Sleep is valuable reading for neurologists, sleep neuroscientists and those with an interest in the field.
- Dynamic synapse 2006, CRCnetBASEMethods for uncovering the mechanisms of AMPA receptor trafficking / Sophie Restituito and Edward B. Ziff -- Long-term plasticity at inhibitory synapses: a phenomenon that has been overlooked / Jean-Luc Gaiarsa and Yehezkel Ben-Ari -- New tricks for an old dog: proteomics of the PSD / Bryen A. Jordan ... [et al.] -- Phosphorylation site-specific antibodies as research tools in studies of native GABA[subscript A] receptors / Jasmina Jovanovic -- Protein palmitoylation by DHHC protein family / Yuko Fukata, David S. Bredt, Masaki Fukata --RNAi and applications in neurobiology / Tija C. Jacob -- Transfecting and transducing neurons with synthetic nucleic acids and biologically active macromolecules / Josef T. Kittler, Jonathan G. Hanley, John T.R. Isaac -- Acute in vivo expression of recombinant proteins in rat brain using Sindbis virus / Hélène Marie & Robert C. Malenka -- Lentivirus-based genetic manipulations in neurons in vivo / Pavel Osten, Tanjew Dittgen, and Pawel Licznerski -- AMPA receptor phosphorylation in synaptic plasticity : insights from knockin mice / Hey-Kyoung Lee -- Genomic and post-genomic tools for studying synapse biology / Josef T. Kittler and Peter L. Oliver.Studying the localization, surface stability and endocytosis of neurotransmitter receptors by antibody labelling and biotinylation approaches / I. Lorena Arancibia-Cárcamo ... [et al.] -- Visualisation of AMPAR trafficking and surface expression / Pavel V. Perestenko and Jeremy M. Henley -- Neurotransmitter dynamics / Sabine Lévi and Antoine Triller -- Receptor dynamics at the cell surface studied using functional tagging / Philip Thomas and Trevor G. Smart --
- Dynamic-clamp 2009, Springer
- Dynamics of bone and cartilage metabolism. 2nd ed. 2006, ScienceDirectStructure, biosynthesis and gene regulation of collagens in cartilage and bone / Klaus von der Mark -- Fibrillogenesis and maturation of collagens / Simon P. Robins -- Vitamin K dependent proteins of bone and cartilage / Caren M. Gundberg and Satoru K. Nishimoto -- Noncollagenous proteins: glycoproteins and related proteins / Dick Heinegård, Pilar Lorenzo, and Tore Saxne -- Proteoglycans and glycosaminoglycans / Tim Hardingham -- Growth factors / Philippa Hulley, Graham Russell, and Peter Croucher -- Prostaglandins and proinflammatory cytokines / Lawrence G. Raisz and Joseph A. Lorenzo -- Integrins and other adhesion molecules / M.H. Helfrich and M.A. Horton -- Alkaline phosphatases / José Luis Millán -- Acid phosphatases / Helena Kaija ... [et al.] -- Matrix proteinases / Ian M. Clark and Gillian Murphy -- Mineralization, structure and function of bone / Adele L. Boskey -- Bone structure and strength / Ego Seeman -- The cells of bone / Jane B. Lian and Gary S. Stein -- Signaling in bone / T. John Martin and Natalie A. Sims -- Parathyroid hormone: structure, function and dynamic actions / Lorraine A. Fitzpatrick and John P. Bilezikian -- Interaction of parathyroid hormone-related peptide with the skeleton / David Goltzman -- The vitamin D hormone and its nuclear receptor: mechanisms involved in bone biology / Geert Carmeliet ... [et al.] -- Sex steroid effects on bone metabolism / David G. Monroe, Thomas C. Spelsberg, and S. Khosla -- Physiology of calcium and phosphate homeostasis / René Rizzoli and Jean-Philippe Bonjour -- The central control of bone remodelling / Paul A. Baldock ... [et al.] -- New concepts in bone remodeling / David W. Dempster and Hua Zhou -- Products of bone collagen metabolism / Juha Risteli and Leila Risteli -- Supramolecular structure of cartilage matrix / Peter Bruckner -- Products of cartilage metabolism / Daniel-Henri Manicourt, Jean-Pierre Devogelaer, and Eugene J.-M.A. Thonar -- Fluid dynamics of the joint space and trafficking of matrix products / Peter A. Simkin --Transgenic models of bone disease / Barbara E. Kream and John R. Harrison -- The role of genetic variation in osteoporosis / André G. Uitterlinden ... [et al.] -- Measurement of calcium, phosphate and magnesium / Heinrich Schmidt-Gayk -- Measurement of parathyroid hormone / Harald Jüppner and Ghada El-Hajj Fuleihan -- New horizons for assessment of vitamin D status in man / Gary L. Lensmeyer, Neil Binkley, and Marc K. Drezner -- Measurement of biochemical markers of bone formation / Kim E. Naylor and Richard Eastell -- Measurement of biochemical markers of bone resorption / Marius E. Kraenzlin and Markus J. Seibel -- Variability in the measurement of biochemical markers of bone turnover / Tuan V. Nguyen, Christian Meier, and Markus J. Seibel -- Validation of biochemical markers of bone turnover / Kim Brixen and Erik Fink Eriksen -- Genetic markers of joint disease / Michel Neidhart, Renate E. Gay, and Steffen Gay -- Laboratory assessment of postmenopausal osteoporosis / Patrick Garnero and Pierre D. Delmas -- Monitoring anabolic treatment / John P. Bilezikian and Mishaela R. Rubin -- Monitoring of antiresorptive therapy / Christian Meier, Tuan V. Ngyen, and Markus J. Seibel -- Age-related osteoporosis and skeletal markers of bone turnover / Clifford J. Rosen -- Steroid-induced osteoporosis / Ian R. Reid -- Transplantation osteoporosis: biochemical correlates of pathogenesis and treatment / Carolina A. Moreira Kulak and Elizabeth Shane -- Secondary osteoporosis / Jean E. Mulder, Carolina A. Moreira Kulak, and Elizabeth Shane -- Osteomalacia and rickets / Marc K. Drezner -- Assessment of bone and joint diseases: renal osteodystrophy / Esther A. González, Ziyad Al Aly, and Kevin J. Martin -- Primary hyperparathyroidism / Shonni J. Silverberg, and John P. Bilezikian -- Paget's disease of bone / Andreas Grauer, Ethel Siris, and Stuart Ralston -- Metastatic bone disease / Jean-Jacques Body -- Rare bone diseases / Michael P. Whyte -- Osteogenesis imperfecta / Francis H. Glorieux and Frank Rauch -- Rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory joint pathologies / Steven R. Goldring and Mary B. Goldring -- Osteoarthritis and degenerative spine pathologies / Kristina Åkesson.
- Dynamics of cancer 2007, NCBI BookshelfAge of cancer incidence -- Multistage progression -- History of theories -- Progression dynamics -- Theory I -- Theory II -- Genetics of progression -- Carcinogens -- Aging -- Inheritance -- Stem cells : tissue renewal -- Stem cells : population genetics -- Cell lineage history.
- Dynamics of disability 2002, NAP
- Print Material
- Dynamics of the chemostat 2012, CRCnetBASE1. Introduction to stability of bioreactors -- 2. Introduction to bioreactors models -- 3. Introduction to stability and bifurcation theory -- 4. The basic model of ideal chemostat -- 5. The chemostat with wall attachment -- 6. Pure and simple microbial competition -- 7. Stability of continuous recombinant DNA cultures -- 8. Biodegradation of mixed substrates -- 9. Predator-prey interactions -- 10. Ratio-dependent models -- 11. Models with product formation -- 12. Models with product formation : type II models -- 13. Models with product formation : type III models -- 14. Operability of nonideal bioreactors -- 15. Operability of prefermentation of cheese culture -- 16. Biodegradation of wastewater -- 17. Dynamics of activated sludge reactors -- 18. Complex dynamics in forced bioreactors.
- Dynamics of the mammalian sperm head 2009, SpringerIn humans, male infertility is caused by a number of factors such as the external environment, nutrient changes, genotoxins, and mutagens. This book discusses the events that occur in the normal sperm head and govern the structure-function relationship from the time of spermatogenesis to that of fertilization or egg activation.
- Dynamics of the singing voice. 5th ed. 2009, Springer
- Dynamics of visual motion processing 2001, Springer
- Dyneins. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectResearch on dyneins has a direct impact on human diseases, such as viruses and cancer. With an accompanying website showing over one hundred streaming videos of cell dynamic behavior for best comprehension of material, Dynein: Structure, Biology and Disease is the only reference covering the structure, biology and application of dynein research to human disease. From bench to bedside, Dynein: Structure, Biology and Disease offers research on fundamental cellular processes to researchers and clinicians across developmental biology, cell biology, molecular biology, biophysics, biomedicine, genetics and medicine. . Broad-based up-to-date resource for the dynein class of molecular motors . Chapters written by world experts in their topics . Numerous well-illustrated figures and tables included to complement the text, imparting comprehensive information on dynein composition, interactions, and other fundamental features.
- Dyslipidemias in kidney disease 2014, Springer
- Dyspepsia in clinical practice 2011, SpringerThe Definition of Dyspepsia -- Subgroups of Dyspepsia -- Epidemiology -- Structural Causes of Dyspepsia -- Functional (Nonulcer) Dyspepsia -- How to Diagnose Dyspepsia -- Differential Diagnosis: Overlap Between Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and Irritable Bowel Syndrome -- Management of Uninvestigated Dyspepsia -- Management of Helicobacter pylori Infection -- Management of Peptic Ulcer Disease -- Therapeutic Approach in Functional (Nonulcer) Dyspepsia -- Prognosis -- Quality of Life Issues -- Economic Analyses of Present Management Strategies and Nonprescription Therapy in Treatment of Dyspepsia -- Dyspepsia in Children: Epidemiology, Clinical Presentation, and Causes -- Diagnostic Tests and Treatment of Dyspepsia in Children -- Dyspepsia in the Elderly -- Diabetes Mellitus and Dyspepsia.
- Dysphagia 2012, SpringerPart I.Anatomy and Physiology --Anatomy and Physiology /Olle Ekberg and Göran Nylander --Saliva and the Control of Its Secretion /Jörgen Ekström, Nina Khosravani, Massimo Castagnola and Irene Messana --Feeding and Respiration /Olle Ekberg, Anna I. Hårdemark Cedborg, Katarina Bodén, Hanne Witt Hedström and Richard Kuylenstierna, et al. --Oral and Pharyngeal Function and Dysfunction /Olle Ekberg --Part II.Evaluation of Symptoms --Evaluation of Symptoms /Doris-Maria Denk-Linnert --Neurology of Swallowing and Dysphagia /Mario Prosiegel --Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Globus, and Dysphagia /Jacqui Allen and Peter C. Belafsky --Pediatric Aspect of Dysphagia /Pascale Fichaux Bourin, Michèle Puech and Virginie Woisard --Dysphagia in Systemic Disease /Thomas Mandl and Olle Ekberg --The Geriatric Pharynx and Esophagus /Olle Ekberg --Voice and Dysphagia /Daniele Farneti --Psychiatric Aspects of Dysphagia /Margareta Bülow --Part III.Imaging and other Examination Techniques --The Clinical and Radiological Approach to Dysphagia /Peter Pokieser and Martina Scharitzer --Imaging Techniques and Some Principles of Interpretation (Including Radiation Physics) /Olle Ekberg --Pharyngeal Morphology /Stephen E. Rubesin --Morphology of the Esophagus /Marc S. Levine and Arastoo Vossough --The Pediatric Esophagus /Jane E. Benson --Pharyngeal Manometry /Rolf Olsson --Esophageal Manometry and Gastroesophageal Reflux Monitoring /Karin Aksglæde, Per Thommesen and Peter Funch-Jensen --Impedance Planimetry /Johannes Lenglinger --Radiologic Evaluation of Esophageal Function /Wolfgang Schima, Edith Eisenhuber and Christiane Kulinna-Cosentini --Neuroimaging in Patients with Dysphagia /Kasim Abul-Kasim --Cross-Sectional Imaging of the Oesophagus Using CT and PET/Techniques /Ahmed Ba-Ssalamah, Barbara J. Fueger and Wolfgang Schima --Endoscopy of the Pharynx and Esophagus /Doris-Maria Denk-Linnert and Rainer Schöfl --Part IV.Treatment --The Therapeutic Swallowing Study /Margareta Bülow and Bonnie Martin-Harris --Surgical Aspects of Pharyngeal Dysfunction, Dysphagia, and Aspiration /Hans F. Mahieu and Martijn P. Kos --The Post-Operative Pharynx and Larynx /Anita Wuttge-Hannig and Christian Hannig --Dysphagia Evaluation and Treatment After Head and Neck Surgery and/or Chemo-radiotherapy for Head and Neck Malignancies /Antonio Schindler, Francesco Mozzanica and Filippo Barbiera --Behavioural Treatment of Oropharyngeal Dysphagia: Bolus Modification and Management, Sensory and Motor Behavioural Techniques, Postural Adjustments, and Swallow Manoeuvres /Renée Speyer --Rheological Aspects of Swallowing and Dysphagia /Edmundo Brito-de la Fuente, Olle Ekberg and Críspulo Gallegos --The Dietitian's Role in Diagnosis and Treatment of Dysphagia /S. Burton, A. Laverty and M. Macleod --Direct and Indirect Therapy: Neurostimulation for the Treatment of Dysphagia After Stroke /Satish Mistry, Emilia Michou, Dipesh H. Vasant and Shaheen Hamdy --Intervention on the Esophagus /Jason D. Conway, David J. Ott and Michael Y. Chen --The Importance of Enteral Nutrition /Christina Stene and Bengt Jeppsson --Part V.Complications --Complications of Oropharyngeal Dysphagia: Malnutrition and Aspiration Pneumonia /Silvia Carrión, Eric Verin, Pere Clavé and Alessandro Laviano --Dehydration in Dysphagia /Zeno Stanga, Samuel Hannes Baldinger and Pere Clavé.
- Dyspnea. 2nd ed. 2005Print Material
- Dystonia. 4 Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases