- Dahlin's Bone tumors. 6th ed. — Developing insights in cartilage repair (173)
- Developing probiotics as food and drugs — Dietary protein and resistance exercise (173)
- Dietary proteins and atherosclerosis — Dopamine and glutamate in psychiatric disorders (173)
- Dopamine receptors. 2nd ed. — Dystonia 4 (172)
DAccess restricted to Stanford Community unless noticed otherwise
- Dietary proteins and atherosclerosis 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Dietary reference intakes for energy, carbohydrate, fiber, fat, fatty acids, cholesterol, protein, and amino acids 2005, NAP
- Introduction to dietary reference intakes -- Overview and methods -- A model for the development of tolerable upper intake levels -- Water -- Potassium -- Sodium and chloride -- Sulfate -- Applications of dietary reference intakes for electrolytes and water -- A research agenda.
- Dietary supplement use in the elderly 2003, NLMThe goals of the conference were to review the current status of the science related to dietary supplement use in the elderly. The outcomes of the conference will help guide the NIH in the development of future research initiatives in this area.
- Dietary supplements 2004, NAPApproaches used by others and existing safety frameworks -- The framework -- Categories of scientific evidence--human information and data -- Categories of scientific evidence--animal data -- Categories of scientific evidence--information about related substances -- Categories of scientific evidence--in vitro data -- Interactions -- Vulnerable groups and prevalence of use -- Scientific principles for integrating and evaluating the available data -- Applying the framework: case studies using the prototype safety monographs -- Factors influencing use of the safety framework -- Findings and recommendations.
- Print Material
- Differential diagnosis for the dermatologist 2008, Springer
- Differential diagnosis for the dermatologist. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer1.The Chief Complaint --2.The Past Medical History, Social History, and Review of Systems --3.The Physical Exam --4.The Biopsy --5.The Laboratory Results --6.The Diagnosis --7.Glossary.
- Print Material
- Differential diagnosis in internal medicine. 1st English ed. 2007, Thieme Book
- Radiologic and pathologic approach to bone tumors -- Bone-forming (osteogenic) lesions -- Cartilage (chondrogenic) lesions -- Fibrogenic, fibroosseous, and fibrohistiocytic lesions -- Round cell lesions -- Vascular lesions -- Miscellaneous tumors and tumor-like lesions -- Metastases -- Tumors and tumor-like lesions of the joints.
- Differential diagnosis in pediatric dermatology 2013, SpringerDifferential diagnosis in pediatric dermatology requires not only a direct experience in the field, but also an inclination to symptoms observations and analysis.This book, the first exclusively devoted to this topic, covers the full range of relevant conditions: inherited skin disorders; nevi; viral, bacterial, fungal, and parasitic infections; acne; allergic diseases; autoimmune skin disorders; connective tissue diseases; tumors; and miscellaneous conditions. Each chapter addresses the differential diagnosis between two (or occasionally three or four) dermatological conditions. All chapters are just two pages long, containing between two and six images and a very short text emphasizing the clinical differences between the diseases in question. At the end of each chapter, a summary highlights one or two characteristics essential for the differential diagnosis. The volume will represent an ideal tool for pediatric dermatologists, pediatricians, and GPs, and will help them in the diagnosic process.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- This practical, pocket-sized, quick reference book is for those who need to manage movement disorder patients without the immediate help of a movement disorder neurologist. Only the most pertinent information is covered. This book is divided into five chapters covering the common phenomenology of movement disorders and includes tremor, dystonia, chorea, myoclonus, and tics. The etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms and treatments of these conditions are briefly reviewed, with the emphasis on the most common practical challenges encountered with these patients. Differential Diagnosis of Movement Disorders in Clinical Practice is aimed at postgraduates training in neurology, emergency care physicians, internists and primary care providers. Medical students will also find this book particularly helpful during their neurology rotations.
- Differential display methods and protocols. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer ProtocolsGlobal analysis of gene expression by differential display : a mathematical model / Shitao Yang and Peng Liang -- Automation of fluorescent differential display with digital readout / Jonathan D. Meade ... [et al.] -- Ordered differential display / Mikhail V. Matz and Ella A. Meleshkevitch -- GeneCalling : transcript profiling coupled to a gene database query / Richard A. Shimkets -- High-density sampling differential display of prokaryotic mRNAs with RAP-PCR / Dana M. Walters and Pierre E. Rouviere -- Vertical arrays : microarrays of complex mixtures of nucleic acids / Rosana Risques ... [et al.] -- Automated pattern ranking in differential display data analysis / Tero Aittokallio ... [et al.] -- Linking cDNA-AFLP-based gene expression patterns and ESTs / Ling Qin, Pjotr Prins, and Johannes Helder -- Differentially expressed genes associated with hepatitis B virus HBx and MHBs protein function in hepatocellular carcinoma / Dae-Ghon Kim -- Identification of disease markers by differential display : prion disease / Michael Clinton ... [et al.] -- Saturation screening for p53 target genes by digital fluorescent differential display / Yong-Jig Cho ... [et al.] -- Identification of p53-regulated genes by the method of differential display / Yunping Lin, Roger P. Leng, and Samuel Benchimol --Identification by differential display of IL-24 autocrine loop activated by ras oncogenes / Zhongjia Tan, Mai Wang, and Peng Liang -- Comprehensive analysis of ovarian gene expression during ovulation using differential display / Lawrence L. Espey -- Functional analysis of nocturnin : a circadian clock-regulated gene identified by differential display / Julie E. Baggs and Carla B. Green -- Isolation and characterization of anthocyanin 5-0-glucosyltransferase in perilla frutescens var. crispa by differential display / Mami Yamasaki and Kazuki Saito -- Identification of target genes of a yeast transcriptional repressor / Bernard Mai and Linda L. Breeden -- Detection of an mRNA polymorphism by differential display / Shan Liang ... [et al.] -- Silencing in yeast : identification of CLr4 targets / Sergey V. Ivanov and Alla V. Ivanova -- Identification of mRNA bound to RNA binding proteins by differential display / Anne Carr-Schmid, Xinfu Jiao, and Megerditch Kiledjian.
- Difficult airway 2013, SpringerThe Difficult Airway provides comprehensive textual and visual coverage of how to deal with patients who have expected or unexpected difficult airways. The book begins with a review of current definitions of the difficult airway, its incidence, and the evolution of algorithms to facilitate its management. The chapters that follow offer a comprehensive update on the techniques and concepts described in the American Society of Anesthesiologists' Difficult Airway Algorithm. Noted experts in each of the techniques have been recruited by the book editors to present the information. Figures throughout the book illustrate important points and procedures. This is a wonderful resource for health care professionals who are concerned with the management of the difficult airway, including anesthesiologists, intensive care physicians, emergency room physicians, nurses, and out-of-hospital first responders.
- Difficult cases in endourology 2013, Springer1. Introduction / Ahmed M. Al-Kandar -- 2. Anesthetic Considerations During Endourologic Surgery / Ahmed M. Labib and Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 3. Difficulties in Instrumentation of Endourologic Procedures / Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 4. Percutaneous Management of Calyceal Diverticula: An American Experience / Jessica A. Mandeville, Ehud Gnessin, and James E. Lingeman -- 5. Managing Bleeding During Percutaneous Renal Surgery / Ahmed R. El-Nahas, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 6. Septic Complications During Percutaneous Nephrolitholotomy (PCNL) / Evangelos Liatsikos and Panagiotis Kallidonis -- 7. Visceral Complications of Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) / Abdelghaffar S. Arafa and Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 8. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) for Staghorn Calculi: The Rigid Approach: Overcoming the Difficulties / Arvind P. Ganpule and Mahesh Desai -- 9. Flexible Renal Nephroscopy: Overcoming the Difficulties / Joseph A. Graversen, Adam C. Mues, and Mantu Gupta -- 10. Chinese Minimally Invasive Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (MPCNL): Overcoming the Difficulties / Zhaohui He, Guohua Zeng, and Xun Li -- 11. Percutaneous Renal Surgery for Renal Pelvic Tumors: Overcoming the Difficulties / Brian Duty, Michael Blute, Zhamshid Okhunov, Arthur D. Smith, and Zeph Okeke -- 12. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) in the Treatment of Stones within Horseshoe Kidneys and in Patients with Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease / Ahmed Abed, Ahmed R. El-Nahas, Ahmed M. Al-Kandari, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 13. Drainage Systems After Percutanous Renal Procedures / Brian Duty, Zhamshid Okhunov, Arthur D. Smith, and Zeph Okeke -- 14. Retrograde Nephrostomy Access: Overcoming the Difficulties / Khalid Matar Al-Otaibi -- 15. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL): The Supine Approach: Overcoming the Difficulties / Francisco Pedro Juan Daels -- 16. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) in Obese Patients: Overcoming the Difficulties / Soroush Rais-Bahrami and Arthur D. Smith -- 17. Percutanous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) for Caliceal Diverticulum: An Egyptian Experience / Ahmed Mohamed Elshal, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 18. Endourological Management of Urological Complications Following Renal Transplantation / Ahmed S. El-Hefnawy, Mohamed M. Elsaadany, Shady A. Soliman, Yasser Osman, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 19. Difficult Situations in Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) for Solitary Kidney and Renal Failure / Arvind P. Ganpule, Amit Satish Bhattu, and Mahesh Desai -- 20. Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) and Other Simultaneous Procedures / Ravindra B. Sabnis, Raguram Ganesamoni, and Amit Doshi -- 21. Adult Endopyelotomy: Overcoming the Difficulties / Zhamshid Okhunov, Brian Duty, Zeph Okeke, and Arthur D. Smith -- 22. Ureteroscopy for Upper Ureteral Stones: Overcoming the Difficulties of the Rigid Approach / Tamer S. Barakat, Ahmed R. El-Nahas, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 23. Uretheroscopy for Upper Ureteric and Renal Stones: Overcoming Difficulties with the Flexible Approach / Jacob Howard Cohen and Michael Grasso III -- 24. Ureteroscopy for Ureteral Strictures / Ahmed M. Harraz, Ahmed M. Shoma, and Ahmed A. Shokeir -- 25. Ureteroscopic Management of Ureteral and Renal Pelvic Tumors: Overcoming the Difficulties / Demetrius H. Bagley and Kelly A. Healy -- 26. Endourologic Management of Non-Malignant Bilharzial Urinary Complications / Hamdy Mohamed Ibrahim, Ahmad Samy Bedair, and Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 27. Ureteroscopy During Pregnancy / Hamdy Mohamed Ibrahim and Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 28. Pediatric Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL): Overcoming the Difficulties / Sinan Zeren and Hakan Çakir -- 29. Pediatric Ureteroscopy: Overcoming the Difficulties / Raguram Ganesamoni, Shashikant Mishra, and Mahesh Desai -- 30. Difficulties with Ureteral Stents / Brandon K. Isariyawongse and Manoj Monga -- 31. Overcoming the Cost Difficulties in Endourology / Ravindra B. Sabnis -- 32. Difficulties in Endourologic Training / Ahmed M. Al-Kandari -- 33. Avoiding and Overcoming Medico-Legal Difficulties in Endourology / Donnaline Richman and James H. Robb.
- Difficult conditions in laparoscopic urologic surgery 2011, Springer
- Difficult decisions in thoracic surgery 2007, Springer
- Difficult decisions in thoracic surgery. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Fulltext (pt. B) ScienceDirect
- Diffuse low-grade gliomas in adults 2013, SpringerThe biology, behavior and management of diffuse low-grade gliomas (DLGG) in adults have been matters of controversy for many decades. However, recent technical and conceptual advances in genetics, imaging and treatments have paved the way towards individualized management. In addition, advancing knowledge of brain processing means that it is possible to take into consideration the interaction between the disease (low-grade glioma) and the host (the brain) and thus to modulate the therapeutic strategies with the goal to increase the median survival as well as to improve the quality of life. Diffuse Low-Grade Gliomas in Adults: Natural History, Interaction with the Brain, and New Individualized Therapeutic Strategies presents the latest research pertaining to the diagnosis, therapy and management of diffuse low-grade gliomas (DLGG) in adults, with a particular focus on the path towards individualized therapy for this kind of tumor. Recent research on the natural history of DLGGs and their interaction with the brain has led to new diagnostic and therapeutic strategies which increase survival and quality of life of the patient, and these methods are described in this book. This book uniquely focuses on addressing diffuse low-grade gliomas in adults and is a valuable resource for medical oncologists, neuro-oncologists and neurologists.
- Diffuse lung disease. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerSection I. General Considerations -- 1. Patient Evaluation / Keith C. Meyer and Ganesh Raghu -- 2. Radiologic Evaluation / David A. Lynch -- 3. Bronchoalveolar Lavage / Marjolein Drent and Catharina F.M. Linssen -- 4. Pathology of Diffuse Lung Disease / Thomas V. Colby and Kevin O. Leslie -- 5. Pulmonary Function Testing / Athol U. Wells, Simon Ward, and Derek Cramer -- 6. Diffuse Lung Disease: Classification and Evaluation / Harold R. Collard and Talmadge E. King Jr. -- 7. Drug Therapy for Interstitial Lung Disease / Robert P. Baughman, Ulrich Costabel, and Elyse E. Lower -- 8. Pulmonary Hypertension in Interstitial Lung Disease / Oksana A. Shlobin and Steven D. Nathan -- Section II. Specific Diseases -- 9. Sarcoidosis / Daniel A. Culver and Marc A. Judson -- 10. Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis / Joseph P. Lynch III and John A. Belperio -- 11. Nonspecific Interstitial Pneumonia / Kevin R. Flaherty and Fernando J. Martinez -- 12. A Practical Approach to Connective Tissue -- Disease-Associated Lung Disease / Aryeh Fischer and Roland M. du Bois -- 13. Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis: A Clinical Perspective / Moisés Selman, Mayra Mejía, Héctor Ortega, and Carmen Navarro -- 14. Smoking and Interstitial Lung Disease / Joshua J. Solomon and Kevin K. Brown -- 15. Childhood Interstitial Lung Disease / Lisa R. Young -- 16. Rare Interstitial Lung Diseases / Tristan J. Huie, Amy L. Olson, Marvin I. Schwarz, and Stephen K. Frankel -- 17. Occupational- and Drug-Induced Disorders / Michal Pirozynski and John Joseph Borg -- 18. Bronchiolitis / Vincent Cottin and Jean-François Cordier -- 19. Pulmonary Vasculitis / Ulrich Specks and Karina A. Keogh.
- Diffuse lung diseases 2006, Springer
- Diffuse parenchymal lung disease 2007, Karger
- Diffusion MRI 2011Print MaterialThe functional anatomy of white matter: from postmortem dissections to in vivo virtual tractography /Marco Catani --Neurobiology of white matter disorders /Christopher M. Filley --Invasive methods for tracing white matter architecture /Hubertus Axer --Physics of diffusion /Paul T. Callaghan --Magnetic resonance diffusion imaging: introduction and concepts /Denis Le Bihan --Anisoptropic diffusion: from the apparent diffusion coefficient to the apparent diffusion tensor /Peter J. Basser and Evren Özarslan --What makes diffusion anisotropic in the nervous system? /Christian Beaulieu --Biophysics of diffusion in cells /Joseph J.H. Ackerman and Jeffrey J. Neil --Extracting geometric properties of white matter with q-Space Diffusion MRI (QSI) /Yaniv Assaf and Yoram Cohen --The cumulant expansion: an overarching mathematical framework for understanding diffusion NMR /Valerij G. Kiselev --Hardware considerations for diffusion MRI /Nirbhay N. Yadav, Tim Stait-Gardner, and William S. Price --EPI-based pulse sequences for diffusion tensor MRI /Stefan T. Skare and Roland Bammer --Non-EPI pulse sequences for diffusion MRI /James G. Pipe --Phase errors in diffusion-weighted imaging /Roland Bammer ... [et al.] --Optimal approaches to diffusion MRI acquisition /Derek K. Jones --Least squares approaches to diffusion tensor estimation /Cheng Guan Koay --Image distortion and its correction in diffusion MRI /Jesper J.L. Andersson and Stefan T. Skare --Artifacts in diffusion MRI /Carlo Pierpaoli --Quality assurance for diffusion MRI /Nicholas G. Dowell and Paul S. Tofts --Statistical issues in diffusion tensor MRI /Sinisa Pajevic --Visualization of diffusion MRI data /Alexander Leemans --Deterministic white matter tractography /Andrew L. Alexander --Probabilistic fiber tracking /Geoff J.M. Parker --Connectivity-based parcellation of gray matter /Timothy Behrens ... [et al.] --Diffusion tensor microimaging and its applications /Jiangyang Zhang ... [et al.] --Anatomical validation of DTI and tractography /I. Nigel C. Lawes and Christopher A. Clark --Mathematics of crossing fibers /Daniel Alexander and Kiran K. Seunarine ;The biophysics of crossing fibers /Jacques-Donald Tournier --Strategies for patient-control comparison of diffusion MR data /Mara Cercignani --Diffusion tensor MRI in brain development /Petra Hüppi --Diffusion in acute stroke /Ona Wu ... [et al.] --Diffusion in chronic stroke and small vessel disease /Michael O'Sullivan --Diffusion imaging in brain tumors /Aaron S. Field --Diffusion tensor MRI in multiple sclerosis /Massimo Filippi and Maria A. Rocca --Diffusion MRI in epilepsy /Khalid Hamandi and Robert Powell --DTI and tractography in neurosurgical planning /Christopher A. Clark and Tiernan Byrnes --Diffusion MRI in psychiatric disorders /Tonya White and Kelvin O. Lim --Diffusion tensor imaging in aging and age-related neurodegenerative disorders /Edith V. Sullivan and Adolf Pfefferbaum --Diffusion imaging in gray matter /Helen D'Arceuil and Alex de Crespigny --Diffusion imaging in the optic nerve, spinal cord, and peripheral nerve /Claudia A.M. Wheeler-Kingshott and Olga Ciccarelli --Diffusion imaging in muscle /Gustav J. Strijkers, Maarten R. Drost, and Klaas Nicolay --Insights into diffusion tensor imaging from animal models of white matter pathology /Matthew D. Budde and Sheng-Kwei Song --Reminiscences about the development of Pulsed Field Gradient Spin Echo NMR (PFGSE-NMR) /Ed O. Stejskal and John E. Tanner --Diffusion, diffraction, and microimaging /Paul T. Callaghan --Diffusion MRI: conception, birth, and adolescence /Denis Le Bihan --DWI in cerebral ischemia: the early days /Michael E. Moseley --Invention and development of Diffusion Tensor MRI (DT-MRI or DTI) at the NIH /Peter J. Basser.
- Diffusion MRI outside the brain 2012, Springer1. Diffusion-Weighted Imaging: Acquisition and Biophysical Basis / Javier Sánchez-González and Javier Lafuente-Martínez -- 2. How to Identify and Avoid Artifacts on DWI / Javier Sánchez-González -- 3. Quantification and Postprocessing of DWI / Javier Sánchez-González and Antonio Luna -- 4. DWI at 3 T: Advantages, Disadvantages, Pitfalls, and Advanced Clinical Applications / Javier Sánchez-González and Antonio Luna -- 5. DWI of the Liver / Antonio Luna and Luis Luna -- 6. Diffusion-Weighted MR Imaging of the Pancreas / Jorge A. Soto, German A. Castrillon, Stephan Anderson, and Nagaraj Holalkere -- 7. Diffusion-Weighted MR Imaging of the Renal and Adrenal Glands / Nagaraj Holalkere, Stephan Anderson, and Jorge A. Soto -- 8. Diffusion-Weighted Imaging of Prostate, Bladder, and Retroperitoneum / Joan C. Vilanova, Roberto García-Figueiras, Joaquim Barceló, and Antonio Luna -- 9. Use of DWI in Female Pelvis / German A. Castrillon, Stephan Anderson, Nagaraj Holalkere, and Jorge A. Soto -- 10. DWI of the Breast / Joaquim Barceló, Joan C. Vilanova, and Antonio Luna -- 11. Diffusion-Weighted Imaging of the Gastrointestinal Tract and Peritoneum / German A. Castrillon, Stephan Anderson, Jorge A. Soto, and Antonio Luna -- 12. Diffusion-Weighted Imaging of Anorectal Region / Lidia Alcalá, Teodoro Martín, and Antonio Luna -- 13. Diffusion-Weighted Imaging in the Evaluation of Lung, Mediastinum, Heart, and Chest Wall / Antonio Luna, Teodoro Martín, and Javier Sánchez González -- 14. Role of DWI in the Evaluation of Tumors of the Head and Neck and in the Assessment of Lymph Nodes / Inmaculada Rodriguez, Teodoro Martín, and Antonio Luna -- 15. Musculoskeletal Applications of DWI / Joan C. Vilanova, Sandra Baleato, and Elda Balliu -- 16. Whole-Body Applications of DWI / Joan C. Vilanova, Sandra Baleato, Joaquim Barceló, and Antonio Luna.
- Diffusion MRI. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectIntroduction to diffusion MRI -- Introduction to diffusion MR -- Pulse sequences for diffusion-weighted MRI -- Gaussian modeling of the diffusion signal -- Multiple fibers : beyond the diffusion tensor -- Diffusion MRI for quantitative measurement -- White matter structure : a microscopist's view -- Biological basis of diffusion anisotropy -- Inferring microstructural information of white matter from diffusion MRI -- Cross-subject comparison of local diffusion MRI parameters -- Diffusion MRI in neurological disorders -- DTI in development and aging -- Individual differences in white matter microstructure in the healthy brain -- Diffusion tensor imaging and its application to schizophrenia and related disorders -- Diffusion MRI for in vivo neuroanatomy -- Classic and contemporary neural tract tracing techniques -- Human connectome: linking structure and function in the human brain -- MR diffusion tractography -- Validation of tractography -- Connectivity fingerprinting of gray matter -- Connectional anatomy of language: recent contributions from diffusion tensor tractography -- Tractography for surgical targeting -- Comparing brain connections in differenct species using diffusion weighted imaging -- Imaging structure and function.
- Diffusion tensor imaging 2013, SpringerDiffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI) is a variation of diffusion-weighed imaging. Particularly in the neurosciences, this technique has gained tremendous momentum in the past decade, both from a technical point of view as well as in its applications. DTI is mainly used in neurological diagnosis and psychiatric and neurologic research, e.g. in order to locate brain tumors and depict their invasivity. DTI offers a unique in-vivo insight into the three-dimensional structure of the human central nervous system. While easy interpretation and evaluation is often hampered by the complexity of both the technique and neuroanatomy, this atlas helps you recognize every one of the important structures rapidly and unambiguously.In the introduction, this atlas provides a concise outline of the evolution of diffusion imaging and describes its potential applications. In the core part of the atlas, the neuroanatomically important structures are clearly labeled both on DTI-derived color maps and conventional MRI. Complex fiber architecture is illustrated schematically and described concisely in textboxes directly on the relevant page. In the final part of the atlas, a straightforward, step-by-step approach for the three-dimensional reconstruction of the most prominent fiber structures is given, and potential pitfalls are indicated.The atlas aims at neuroscientists, neuroanatomists, neurologists, psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, physicists, and computer scientists. For advanced users, the atlas may serve as a reference work, while students and scientists are thoroughly introduced into DTI.
- Diffusion-weighted MR imaging of the brain 2005, Springer
- Diffusion-weighted MR imaging of the brain. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Print Material
- Print MaterialHistologic methods -- Light and transmission electron microscopy -- Cells and the cell cycle -- Epithelial tissue -- Connective tissue -- Hematopoietic tissue -- Skeletal tissue : cartilage and bone -- Muscle tissue -- Nervous tissue -- Circulatory system -- Immune system -- Integumentary system -- Digestive system part I : oral cavity and major salivary glands -- Digestive system part II : esophagus and stomach -- Digestive system part III : small and large intestines -- Digestive system part IV : accessory digestive organs -- Respiratory system -- Urinary system -- Endocrine system -- Male reproductive system -- Female reproductive system -- Organs of special senses : visual and auditory systems.
- Digestive involvement in systemic autoimmune diseases 2008, ScienceDirectThe book "The digestive system in systemic autoimmune diseases" represents the state-of-the-art in the field of digestive disorders in the most common systemic autoimmune diseases. The volume consists of an introductory chapter on imaging techniques in digestive diseases, followed by eight chapters on digestive manifestations in specific systemic autoimmune diseases. The final five chapters deal with digestive diseases with an autoimmune pathogenesis and systemic manifestations. International in scope, the table of contents reads like a Who's who in clinical research on systemic autoimmune diseases. More than 20 contributors from the European Union, the United States, Mexico and South Africa share their knowledge in this detailed volume. *One book of leading international clinical and scientific experts on autoimmune and digestive diseases. *A practical guide to the identification, diagnosis and treatment of digestive involvement in patients with autoimmune diseases that will be useful for all medical specialties. *Several diseases and conditions not included in other text books are included, some of which are of recent emergence. *Each chapter is designed to serve as a Guide to Clinical Practice for each disease.
- Digital communication in medical practice 2009, Springer
- Digital image processing for ophthalmology 2011, AtyponFundus images of the retina are color images of the eye taken by specially designed digital cameras. Ophthalmologists rely on fundus images to diagnose various diseases that affect the eye, such as diabetic retinopathy and retinopathy of prematurity. A crucial preliminary step in the analysis of retinal images is the identification and localization of important anatomical structures, such as the optic nerve head (ONH), the macula, and the major vascular arcades. Identification of the ONH is an important initial step in the detection and analysis of the anatomical structures and pathological features in the retina. Different types of retinal pathology may be detected and analyzed via the application of appropriately designed techniques of digital image processing and pattern recognition. Computer-aided analysis of retinal images has the potential to facilitate quantitative and objective analysis of retinal lesions and abnormalities. Accurate identification and localization of retinal features and lesions could contribute to improved diagnosis, treatment, and management of retinopathy.
- Digital image processing for ophthalmology 2014, AtyponThe monitoring of the effects of retinopathy on the visual system can be assisted by analyzing the vascular architecture of the retina. This book presents methods based on Gabor filters to detect blood vessels in fundus images of the retina. Forty images of the retina from the Digital Retinal Images for Vessel Extraction (DRIVE) database were used to evaluate the performance of the methods. The results demonstrate high efficiency in the detection of blood vessels with an area under the receiver operating characteristic curve of 0:96. Monitoring the openness of the major temporal arcade (MTA) could facilitate improved diagnosis and optimized treatment of retinopathy. This book presents methods for the detection and modeling of the MTA, including the generalized Hough transform to detect parabolic forms. Results obtained with 40 images of the DRIVE database, compared with hand-drawn traces of the MTA, indicate a mean distance to the closest point of about 0:24 mm. This book illustrates applications of the methods mentioned above for the analysis of the effects of proliferative diabetic retinopathy and retinopathy of prematurity on retinal vascular architecture.
- Digital image processing. 6th rev. and ext. ed. 2005, Springer
- Digital image quality in medicine 2014, SpringerMaking a good diagnostic image is only the beginning; keeping it good and diagnostically sound is a much more difficult proposition, one that is often neglected or forgotten by clinical practitioners. With anything digital, the assumption of persistent original quality opens a Pandora's box of medical fiascos. Poorly selected image interpolation, thoughtlessly used compression, confused image enhancement options and the like can transform a good original into a useless clutter of pixels. This book is dedicated to learning better options.
- Digital image sequence processing, compression, and analysis 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Digital imaging and communications in medicine (DICOM) 2008, Springer
- Part I. Introduction to DICOM -- 1. What Is DICOM? -- 2. How does DICOM work? 3. Where do you get DICOM from? -- Part II. DICOM and clinical data -- 4. A brief history of DICOM -- 5. Parlez-vous DICOM? 6. Medical images in DICOM -- Part III. DICOM comunications -- 7. DICOM SOPs: Basic 8. DICOM SOPs: Beyond basic -- 9. DICOM associations -- Part IV: DICOM media and security -- 10. DICOM media: files, folders, and DICOMDIRs -- 11. DICOM security -- 12. Incompatibility of compatible -- Part V. Advanced topics -- 13. DICOM and teleradiology -- 14. Standards and system integration in digital medicine -- 15. Disaster PACS planning and management -- 16. DICOM applications: usual and not -- 17. DICOM software development -- 18. DICOM implementation plans -- 19. DICOM FAQs.
- Digital imaging systems for plain radiography 2013, Springer
- Digital mammography 2010, Springer
- Digital mammography 2008, Springer
- Digital mammography 2004Print Material
- Digital microfluidic biochips 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Digital microscopy. 3rd ed. 2007, ScienceDirect
- Digital microscopy. 4th edition. [4th ed.} 2013, ScienceDirect
- Digital signal processing 2005, WileyChapter 1. Processing of Signals, p. 1-20 -- Chapter 2. Revisiting the Basics, p. 21-44 -- Chapter 3. Digital Filters, p. 45-78 -- Chapter 4. Fourier Transform and Signal Spectrum, p. 79-100 -- Chapter 5. Realisation of Digital Filters, p. 101-119 -- Chapter 6. Case Studies, p. 121-128 -- Appendix. MATLAB and C Programs, p. 129-185.
- Digital signal processing laboratory 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Digital storytelling. 2nd ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Digital teleretinal screening 2012, Springer
- Dignity and health 2012Print MaterialIn these hard times of global financial peril and growing social inequality, injuries to dignity are pervasive. "Indignity has many faces," one man told Nora Jacobson as she conducted interviews for this book. Its expressions range from rudeness, indifference, and condescension to objectification, discrimination, and exploitation. Yet dignity can also be promoted. Another man described it as "common respect," suggesting dignity's ordinariness, and the ways we can create and share it through practices like courtesy, leveling, and contribution. Dignity and Health examines the processes and structures of dignity violation and promotion, traces their consequences for individual and collective health, and uses the model developed to imagine how we might reform our systems of health and social care. With its focus on the dignity experiences of those often excluded from the mainstream--people who are poor, or homeless, or dealing with mental health problems--as well as on vulnerabilities like age or sickness or unemployment that threaten to make us all feel "less than," Dignity and Health recognizes dignity as a moral matter embedded in the choices we make every day.
- Dioxygen binding and sensing proteins 2008, SpringerFollowing their own brilliant careers in haeme protein research, the outstanding scientists Jonathan and Beatrice Wittenberg continue to provide inspiration to the research community in the study of oxygen-binding proteins. Their research has provided the intellectual stimulus to bring together scientists from all over the world with the common goal of developing fascinating new ideas and performing innovative experiments. This book is dedicated to Jonathana (TM)s and Beaa (TM)s lifetime careers. It further illuminates the facts and ideas which dot the paths they traced in Biochemistry and Physiology, elaborating on how these landmark achievements were made and how the haeme proteins community still refers to them. With the field of haeme protein science such a flourishing area, the contributors to this book predict Jonathan and Bea, having played such a seminal role, will continue to be key figures for quite some time to come.
- Dipeptidyl aminopeptidases 2006, SpringerTopic I. Structure and function. Peptide substrates of dipeptidyl peptidases / Inger Brandt ... [et al.] Phosphorus-containing inhibitors of proteolytic enzymes / Angel Stöckel-Maschek ... [et al.] Biochemical properties of recombinant prolyl dipeptidases DPP-IV and DPP8 / Xin Chen. Prediction of dipeptidyl peptidase (DP) 8 structure by homology modelling / Melissa R. Pitman, R. Ian Menz, and Catherine A. Abbott -- Topic II. DPIV-related enzymes. Structure and function in dipeptidyl peptidase IV and related proteins / Mark D. Gorrell ... [et al.] Expression and function of dipeptidyl peptidase IV and related enzymes in cancer / Petr Busek ... [et al.] DP8 and DP9 have extra-enzymatic roles in cell adhesion, migration, and apoptosis / Denise M.T. Yu ... [et al.] In vivo effects of a potent, selective DPPII inhibitor: UAMC00039 is a possible tool for the elucidation of the physiological function of DPPII / Marie-Berthe Maes ... [et al.] Expression of dipeptidyl peptidase IV-like enzymes in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells / Sabine Wrenger ... [et al.] Dipeptidyl peptidase 8 has post-proline dipeptidyl aminopeptidase and prolyl endopeptidase activities / Joohong Park ... [et al.] Prolyl endopeptidase cleaves the apoptosis rescue peptide humanin and exhibits and unknown post-cysteine cleavage specificity / Joachim Wolfgang Bär ... [et al.] Distribution of dipeptidyl peptidase IV-like activity enzymes in canine and porcine tissue sections by RT-PCR / Leona Wagner ... [et al.] --Topic III. Metabolic disorders. Relative contribution of incretins to the glucose lowering effect of DP IV inhibitors in type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) / Simon A. Hinke, Raymond A. Pederson, and Christopher H.S. McIntosh. Dipeptidyl peptidase IV: a molecular switch of vascular actions of neuropeptide Y / Lijun Li, Hans-Ulrich Demuth, and Zofia Zukowska -- Topic IV. Immune disorders. Dipeptidylpeptidase IV (DPIV) and alanyl-aminopeptidases (AAPs) as a new target complex for treatment of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases: proof of concept in a mouse model of colitis / Ute Bank ... [et al.] Dipeptidyl peptidases and inflammatory bowel disease / Catherine A. Abbott ... [et al.] Possible role of DP IV inhibitors in acne therapy / Anja Thielitz ... [et al.] Dipeptidyl peptidase-IV activity and/or structure homologs (DASH): contributing factors in the pathogenesis of rheumatic diseases? / Eva Balaziova ... [et al.] -- Topic V. Neuronal diseases. Dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DP IV, CD26) and aminopeptidase N (APN, CD13) as regulators of T cell function and targets of immunotherapy in CNS inflammation / Aliza Biton ... [et al.] CD26/DP IV in T cell activation and autoimmunity / Vera Preller ... [et al.] DPIV/CD26 and FAP in cancer: a tale of contradictions / Melanie L. Sulda, Catherine A. Abbott, and Martin Hildebrandt. Type-II transmembrane prolyl dipeptidases and matrix metalloproteinases in membrane vesicles of active endothelial cells / Monica Salamone ... [et al.] Extra-enzymatic roles of DPIV and FAP in cell adhesion and migration on collagen and fibronectin / Xin M. Wang ... [et al.] Role of neuropeptide Y and dipeptidyl peptidase IV in regulation of Ewing's sarcoma growth / Joanna Kitlinska ... [et al.] The role of CD26/DPP IV in preservation of early pulmonary graft function / Florian Johannes Jung ... [et al.]
- Diplomacy, funding and animal welfare 2011, SpringerDiplomatic theory and practice -- International funding for animal protection -- International conferences and delegation management -- The media as a tool for diplomacy -- Important associations and international organizations -- Epilogue
- ch. 1. Introduction, p. 1-3 / Kai Johnsson and Susanne Brakmann, p. 1-3 -- ch. 2. Evolutionary Biotechnology - From Ideas and Concepts to Experiments and Computer Simulations / Peter Schuster, p. 5-28 -- ch. 3. Using Evolutionary Strategies to Investigate the Structure and Function of Chorismate Mutases / Donald Hilvert, Sean V. Taylor and Peter Kast, p. 29-62 -- ch. 4. Construction of Environmental Libraries for Functional Screening of Enzyme Activity / Rolf Daniel, p. 63-78 -- ch. 5. Investigation of Phage Display for the Directed Evolution of Enzymes / Patrice Soumillion and Jacques Fastrez, p. 79-110 -- ch. 6. Directed Evolution of Binding Proteins by Cell Surface Display: Analysis of the Screening Process / K. Dane Wittrup, p. 111-126 -- ch. 7. Yeast n-Hybrid Systems for Molecular Evolution / Brian T. Carter, Hening Lin and Virginia W. Cornish, p. 127-158 -- ch. 8. Advanced Screening Strategies for Biocatalyst Discovery / Andreas Schwienhorst, p. 159-175 -- ch. 9. Engineering Protein Evolution / Stefan Lutz and Stephen J. Benkovic, p. 177-213 -- ch. 10. Exploring the Diversity of Heme Enzymes through Directed Evolution / Patrick C. Cirino and Frances H. Arnold, p. 215-243 -- ch. 11. Directed Evolution as a Means to Create Enantioselective Enzymes for Use in Organic Chemistry / Manfred T. Reetz and Karl-Erich Jaeger, p. 245-279 -- ch. 12. Applied Molecular Evolution of Enzymes Involved in Synthesis and Repair of DNA / John F. Davidson, Jon Anderson, Haiwei Guo, Daniel Landis and Lawrence A. Loeb, p. 281-307 -- ch. 13. Evolutionary Generation Versus Rational Design of Restriction Endonucleases with Novel Specificity / Thomas Lanio, Albert Jeltsch and Alfred Pingoud, p. 309-327 -- ch. 14. Evolutionary Generation of Enzymes with Novel Substrate Specificities / Uwe T. Bornscheuer, p. 329-341.
- Directory of approved biopharmaceutical products 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Directory of therapeutic enzymes 2006, CRCnetBASEApplied enzymology: an overview / Nancy Shanley and Gary Walsh -- Enzyme engineering / Barry M. McGrath -- Tissue plasminogen activator-based thrombolytic agents / Gary Walsh -- Activated protein C / Brian W. Grinnell, S. Betty Yan, and William L. Macias -- Deoxyribonuclease I / Niek N. Sanders, Stefaan C. de Smedt, and Joseph Demeester -- SS-glucocerebrosidase ceredase and cerezyme / Tim Edmunds -- A-galactosidase / Debra Barngrover -- Urate oxidase / Alain Bayol ... [et al.] -- L-asparaginase review of pharmacology, drug resistance, and clinical applications / Christine Mauz-Korholz, Volker Wahn, and Dieter Korholz -- Recombinant factor VIIa / Elisabeth Erhardtsen ... [et al.] -- Factor IX (protease zymogen) / Barry M. McGrath -- The development of aldurazyme (laronidase) / Emil Kakkis -- Additional therapeutic enzymes / Shane O'Connell.
- Disability & international development 2009, Springer
- Disability among older people Fulltext
- Disability in Islamic law 2007, SpringerAnalyzes attitudes to people with various disabilities based on Muslim jurists' works (fiqh) in the Middle Ages and the modern era. This book focuses on people with disabilities and depicts the place and status that Islamic law has assigned to them, as well as how the law envisions their participation in religious, social, and communal life.
- Print Material
- Disabling obesity 2013, Springer"Obesity is currently regarded as one of the major health challenges of the developed world. Excess body weight is an important risk factor for morbidity and mortality from cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, cancer, musculoskeletal disorders and even psychiatric problems and is estimated to cause nearly 3 million deaths per year worldwide. Obesity is not necessarily associated with comorbidities: there are indeed metabolically healthy obese individuals. Thus, we need to consider individuals presenting simple with obesity separately from those at risk of developing or who have already developed complex clinical states potentially leading to disability. Comorbidities can tip the balance of independence in patients who already have functional limitations mainly due to the excess of mass itself or who develop conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular conditions, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, where an abnormal metabolism of adipose tissue prevails. Morbid obesity with comorbidities leading to disability represents a real social and economic burden for National Health Systems worldwide. The presence of multiple and associated comorbidities often represents an obstacle to being admitted to hospitals for the treatment of metabolic diseases. On the other hand, clinical units with optimal standards for the treatment of pathological conditions in normal-weight patients are often structurally and technologically inadequate for the care of patients with extreme obesity. The aim of this book is to focus on the pathophysiological and rehabilitative aspects of disabling obesity, highlighting multidisciplinary rehabilitation interventions as key to counteracting the disabling aspects of complicated obesity"--Provided by publisher.
- Disaster & recovery planning. 3rd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Disaster medicine 2013, SpringerDisaster Response -- Immediate Response to Disasters -- Priorities in Post-disaster Management -- Refugee Camps -- Complex Emergencies -- Security for the Humanitarian Worker -- Global Players -- Global Development: Millennium Development Goals -- Nongovernmental Organizations and Aid -- Developing Healthcare Systems -- International Aid -- Future of Global Health -- Trauma and Surgery -- Prehospital Care -- Mass Casualty Incident -- Military Trauma -- Tropical Surgery -- Surgery in Austere Environments -- Tropical Medicine -- Polio and Vaccination Campaigns -- Malaria in Children -- Cholera: An Infectious Waterborne Disease -- HIV/AIDS -- Blinding Eye Diseases -- Public Health -- Malnutrition -- Sexual and Reproductive Health -- Maternal and Neonatal Health -- Mental Health Following Armed Conflict -- The Global Crisis in Noncommunicable Disease.
- Disaster medicine. 2nd ed. 2007, OvidGeneral concepts -- Basic perspectives on disaster / David E. Hogan and Jonathan L. Burstein -- Triage / David E. Hogan and Julio Rafael Lairet -- Pediatric considerations in disasters / Mark A. Brandenburg -- Public health disasters / Eric K. Noji -- Infectious diseases and disasters / P. Gregg Greenough -- Pharmaceuticals in disasters / Robie V. Harrington -- Critical incident stress / Neill S. Oster and Constance J. Doyle -- Urban search and rescue / Carl S. Goodman and David E. Hogan -- Complex humanitarian emergencies / Frederick M. Burkle -- Disaster response planning and coordination -- Principles of hospital disaster planning / Erik Auf der Heide -- Emergency medical services in disasters / David W. Callaway -- Local government emergency disaster planning / Aden E. Hogan -- The United States national response plan / David E. Hogan and Jonathan L. Burstein -- Communication and information technology tools for disaster response and medical assistance / Victoria Garshnek and Frederick M. Burkle -- Managing disasters in austere environments / James P. McClay, Kim Moore, and David E. Hogan -- Natural disasters -- Earthquakes / Carl H. Schultz -- Tornadoes / David E. Hogan -- Hurricanes / John T. Meredith -- Floods / James Poole and David E. Hogan -- Firestorms and wildfires / Robert R. Frantz.Winter storms / Aaron Q. Lane and S. Brent Barnes -- Avalanches / Aaron Q. Lane and Jennifer Eischen -- Heat-related disasters / Glen Bailey and James S. Walker -- Volcanic eruptions / David E. Hogan and Jeremy Bearden -- Tsunamis / Kim Moore and David E. Hogan -- Industrial, technological, and transportation disasters -- Medical management of radiation incidents / Fun H. Fong, Jr. -- Hazardous materials emergencies / Howard W. Levitin and Henry J. Siegelson -- Mass gathering medical care / Steven J. Parrillo -- Maritime disasters / Jennifer Eischen -- Air crash disasters / Julio Rafael Lairet and David E. Hogan -- Fires and mass burn care / David E. Hogan, Heidi Metheney, and Michael Houston -- Conflict-related disasters -- Conventional terrorist bombings / Daniel J. Dire -- Nuclear detonations: evaluation and response / Fun H. Fong, Jr. -- Intentional chemical disasters / Mark Edward Keim and Jonathan L. Burstein -- Biological weapons agents / George W. Christopher ... [et al.] -- Tactical emergency services / David W. Callaway -- Mass shootings / Thomas M. Stein -- Education, training and research -- Education and training in disaster medicine / Ted Kellison, Timothy A. Soult, and David E. Hogan -- Research in disaster medicine / Kobi Peleg and Limor Aharonson-Daniel.
- Disasters and public health 2009, ScienceDirectGeneral public health preparedness -- Bioterrorism -- Bombings and explosions -- Chemical disasters -- Earthquakes -- Floods -- Heat waves -- Hurricanes -- Nuclear and radiological disasters -- Pandemic influenza -- Thunderstorms and tornadoes -- Volcanoes -- Wildfires -- Winter storms.
- Bioinformatics: mystery, astrology, or service technology? / Frank Eisenhaber -- Reliable and specific protein function prediction by combining homology with genomic(s) context / Martijn A. Huynen, Berend Snel, and Toni Gabalden -- Clues from three-dimensional structure analysis and molecular modelling: new insights into cytochrome P450 mechanisms and functions / Karin Schleinkofer and Thomas Dandekar -- Prediction of protein function: two basic concepts and one practical recipe / Frank Eisenhaber -- Extracting information for meaningful function inference through text-mining / Hong Pan ... [et al.] -- Literature and genome data mining for prioritizing disease-associated genes / Carolina Perez-Iratxeta, Peer Bork, and Miguel A. Andrade -- Model-based inference of transcriptional regulatory mechanisms from DNA microarray data / Harmen J. Bussemaker --The predictive power of molecular network modelling: case studies of predictions with subsequent experimental verification / Stefan Schuster, Edda Klipp, and Marko Marhl -- Theory of early molecular evolution: predictions and confirmations / Edward N. Trifonov -- Hitchhiking mapping: limitations and potential for the identification of ecologically important genes / Christian Schlötterer -- Understanding the functional importance of human single nucleotide polymorphisms / Saurabh Asthana and Shamil Sunyaev -- Correlations between quantitative measures of genome evolution, expression, and function / Yuri I. Wolf, Liran Carmel, and Eugene V. Koonin.
- Discovering knowledge in data 2005, ebrary
- Print MaterialEnergy balance and weight management: finding your equilibrium -- Vitamins : vital keys to health -- Water and minerals : the ocean within -- Sports nutrition : eating for peak performance -- Life cycle : maternal and infant nutrition -- Life cycle : from childhood through adulthood -- Food safety and technology : microbial threats and genetic engineering -- World view of nutrition : the faces of global malnutrition.Food choices : nutrients and nourishment -- Nutrition guidelines : tools for a healthful diet -- Complementary nutrition: functional foods and dietary supplements -- The human body : from food to fuel -- Carbohydrates : simple sugars and complex chains -- Lipids : not just fat -- Proteins and amino acids : function follows form --
- Print MaterialFood choices : nutrients and nourishment -- Nutrition guidelines : tools for a healthful diet -- Complementary nutrition : functional foods and dietary supplements -- The human body : from food to fuel -- Carbohydrates : simple sugars and complex chains -- Lipids : not just fat -- Proteins and amino acids : function follows form -- Energy balance and weight management : finding your equilibrium -- Vitamins : vital keys to health -- Water and minerals : the ocean within -- Sports nutrition : eating for peak performance -- Life cycle : maternal and infant nutrition -- Life cycle : from childhood through adulthood -- Food safety and technology : microbial threats and genetic engineering -- World view of nutrition : the faces of global malnutrition.
- Discovery, use and impact of platinum salts as chemotherapy agents for cancer 2007, Wellcome Trust
- Disease and mortality in Sub-Saharan Africa. 2nd ed. 2006, NCBI BookshelfChanging patterns of disease and mortality in Sub-Saharan Africa: an overview /Florence K. Baingana and Eduard R. Bos --Levels and trends in mortality in Sub-Saharan Africa: an overview /Jacob Adetunji and Eduard R. Bos --Trends in child mortality, 1960 to 2000 /Kenneth Hill and Agbessi Amouzou --Levels and trends of adult mortality /Debbie Bradshaw and Ian M. Timaeus --Causes of death /Chalapati Rao, Alan D. Lopez, and Yusuf Hemed --Population and mortality after AIDS /Rodolfo A. Bulatao --Levels and patterns of mortality at INDEPTH demographic surveillance systems /Osman A. Sankoh ... [et al.] --Trends and issues in child undernutrition /Todd Benson and Meera Shekar --Diarrheal diseases /Cynthia Boschi-Pinto, Claudio F. Lanata, Walter Mendoza, and Demissie Habte --Developmental disabilities /Geoff Solarsh and Karen J. Hofman --Acute respiratory infections /Shabir A. Mahdi and Keith P. Klugman --Vaccine-preventable diseases /Mark A. Miller and John T. Sentz --Tuberculosis /Christopher Dye ... [et al.] --Malaria /Robert W. Snow and Judy A. Omumbo --Onchocerciasis /Uche Amazigo ... [et al.] --Maternal mortality /Khama O. Rogo, John Oucho, and Philip Mwalali --HIV/AIDS /Souleymane Mboup ... [et al.] --Lifestyle and related risk factors for chronic diseases /Krisela Steyn and Albertino Damasceno --Diabetes mellitus /Jean-Claude Mbanya and Kaushik Ramiaya --Cancers /Freddy Sitas ... [et al.] --Cardiovascular disease /Anthony Mbewu and Jean-Claude Mbanya --Mental health and the abuse of alcohol and controlled substances /Florence K. Baingana, Atalay Alem, and Rachel Jenkins --Neurological disorders /Donald Silberberg and Elly Katabira --Violence and injuries /Brett Bowman ... [et al.].
- Disease control priorities in developing countries. 2nd ed. 2006, NCBI Bookshelf
- Disease control priorities related to mental, neurological, developmental and substance abuse disorders 2006Print MaterialMental disorders / Steven Hyman ... [et al.] -- Neurological disorders / Vijay Chandra ... [et al.] -- Learning and developmental disabilities / Maureen S. Durkin ... [et al.] -- Alcohol / Jürgen Rehm ... [et al.] -- Illicit opiate abuse / Wayne Hall ... [et al.].
- Disease in wild animals. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Diseases of DNA repair 2010, SpringerTriple A syndrome / Vijaya Sarathi and Nalini S. Shah -- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis / J. Jefferson ... [et al.] -- Early onset ataxia with ocular motor apraxia and hypoalbuminemia/ataxia with oculomotor apraxia 1 / Masayoshi Tada ... [et al.] -- Clinical features and pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease : involvement of mitochondria and mitochondrial DNA / Michelangelo Mancuso ... [et al.] -- Huntington's disease / Emmanuel Roze ... [et al.] -- Clinical features and molecular mechanisms of spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy (SBMA) / Masahisa Katsuno ... [et al.] -- Spinocerebellar ataxia with axonal neuropathy / Cheryl Walton ... [et al.] -- Tuberous sclerosis complex and DNA repair / Samy L. Habib -- Hereditary photodermatoses / Dennis H. Oh and Graciela Spivak -- Trichothiodystrophy : photosensitive, TTDP, TTD,Tay syndrome / W. Clark Lambert, Claude E. Gagna, and Muriel W. Lambert -- Cornelia De Lange syndrome / Jinglan Liu and Gareth Baynam -- Rectal cancer and importance of chemoradiation in the treatment / Sergio Huerta --Familial cutaneous melanoma / Johan Hansson -- Primary immunodeficiency syndromes / Mary A. Slatter and Andrew R. Gennery -- Inherited defects of immunoglobulin class switch recombination / Sven Kracker, Pauline Gardøs, and Anne Durandy -- Ligase IV syndrome / Dimitry A. Chistiakov -- Muir-Torre syndrome / Pedro Mercader -- Wilms' tumor / Carlos H. Martinez, Sumit Dave, and Jonathan Izawa -- Cerebro-oculo-facio-skeletal syndrome / Hiroshi Suzumura and Osamu Arisaka -- Dyskeratosis congenita / Vineeta Gupta and Akash Kumar -- Retinoblastoma / Dietmar Lohmann -- Von Hippel Lindau syndrome / Jenny J. Kim, Brian I. Rini, and Donna E. Hansel.
- Diseases of mites and ticks 2009, Springer
- Diseases of the abdomen and pelvis 2006, Springer
- Diseases of the abdomen and pelvis, 2010-2013 2011, SpringerEmergency radiology of the abdomen: the acute abdomen -- Trauma of the abdomen and pelvis -- Diseases of the esophagus and stomach -- Small-bowel imaging: pitfalls in computed tomography enterography/enteroclysis -- Diseases of the small bowel, including the duodenum-MRI --Imaging of the colon and rectum: inflammatory and infectious diseases -- CT colonography: updated -- Imaging of diffuse and inflammatory liver diseases -- Focal liver lesions -- Imaging diseases of the gallbladder and bile ducts -- Diseases of the pancreas, I: pancreatitis -- Diseases of the pancreas, II: tumors -- Adrenal imaging and infection -- Renal tumors -- Urinary tract obstruction and infection -- Benign diseases of the female genital tract -- Malignant diseases of the female genital tract -- Magnetic resonance imaging of prostate cancer -- Imaging of the male pelvis: the scrotum -- Spread of metastatic disease in the abdomen and pelvis -- Abdominal vascular disease: diagnosis and therapy -- Non-vascular abdominal disease: diagnosis and therapy -- An approach to imaging the acute abdomen in the pediatric population -- Imaging uronephropathies in children -- Integrated imaging in genitourinary oncology: PET/CT imaging -- Integrated imaging in gastrointestinal oncology: PET/CT imaging -- Lymphoma: diagnostic and therapeutic applications of radiopharmaceuticals -- Conventional nuclear medicine in the evaluation of gastrointestinal and genitourinary tract disorders -- PET in hepatobiliary-pancreatic tumors -- PET in tumors of the digestive tract -- Tumors of the adrenergic system: imaging and therapy -- Neuroendocrine tumors of the abdomen: imaging and therapy -- Imaging cystic kidneys in children -- Understanding duplication anomalies of the kidney -- Malrotation: techniques, spectrum of appearances, pitfalls, and management -- Pediatric intestinal ultrasonography.
- Diseases of the brain, head & neck, spine 2008, Springer
- Diseases of the brain, head & neck, spine 2012-2015 2012, Springerpt. 1.Workshops --Brain Tumors /Edmond A. Knopp and Walter Montanera --Mass Lesions of the Brain: A Differential Diagnostic Approach /Michael Brant-Zawadzki --Differential Diagnosis of Brain Masses /James G. Smirniotopoulos and Steven J. Goldstein --Evaluation of Cerebral Vessels /Robert A. Willinsky --Evaluation of the Cerebral Vessels: Endovascular Therapy /Mary E. Jensen --Brain Ischemia: CT and MRI Techniques in Acute Stroke /Jens Fiehler and Howard A. Rowley --Hemorrhagic Vascular Pathologies, I /James Byrne --Hemorrhagic Vascular Pathologies, II /Martin Wiesmann --Demyelinating Diseases /Kelly K. Koeller and Frederik Barkhof --Degenerative Brain Disease and Aging /Marco Essig and Mark A. van Buchem --Neuroradiological Diagnosis of Craniocerebral Trauma: Current Concepts /Paul M. Parizel and C. Douglas Phillips --Nontraumatic Neuroemergencies, I /Patrick A. Brouwer --Nontraumatic Neuroemergencies, II /John R. Hesselink --Epilepsy and Neuroimaging /Linda J. Bagley and Timo Krings --Infectious Diseases of the Central Nervous System /Vincent Dousset and Alain Bonafé --Cerebral Infections /David J. Mikulis --Diseases of the Sella and Parasellar Region /Walter Kucharczyk and Charles L. Truwit --Temporal Bone and Auditory Pathways /Jan W. Casselman and Francis Veillon --Imaging Diseases of the Pharynx and Oral Cavity /Wendy R. K. Smoker and Bernhard Schuknecht --Diseases of the Larynx /Martin G. Mack and Hugh D. Curtin --Extramucosal Spaces of the Suprahyoid Neck /Laurie A. Loevner --Sinonasal Imaging /David M. Yousem --Degenerative Disc Disease of the Spine: Anatomic and Imaging Considerations /Michael T. Modic and Christian W. A. Pfirrmann --Acute Spinal Trauma /Pia C. Sundgren and Adam E. Flanders --Spinal Cord Inflammatory and Demyelinating Diseases /Majda M. Thurnher --Spinal Inflammatory and Infectious Diseases /Jeffrey S. Ross --Congenital and Acquired Abnormalities of the Pediatric Brain /William S. Ball and Thierry A. G. M. Huisman --Imaging of Pediatric Brain and Spinal Cord Tumors /Tina Young Poussaint and Andrea Rossi --pt. 2.Nuclear Medicine Satellite Course Diamond --Imaging Alzheimer in 2011 /Marieke Hazewinkel and Frederik Barkhof --Quantification of NeuroPET: When to Use It /Alfred Buck --Radioiodine Therapy: Current Imaging Concepts Introduction /Luca Giovanella --Nuclear Medicine Imaging of Brain Tumors /Ian Law --Nuclear Imaging of Neurovascular Disease /Ian Law --Integrated PET-CT and PET-MR: Pitfalls and Applications in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma /Laurie A. Loevner --PET Imaging of Dementia /Osama Sabri, Solveig Tiepolt, Swen Hesse and Henryk Barthel --Clinical SPECT and PET for Management of Patients with Refractory Epilepsy /Koen Van Laere, Karolien Goffin and Wim Van Paesschen --pt. 3.Pediatric Satellite Course Kangaroo --Hemorrhage, Stroke, and Ischemia of the Neonatal Brain /Maria I. Argyropoulou --Accidental and Nonaccidental Injury of the Pediatric Brain and Spine /Thierry A. G. M. Huisman --Acquired Infectious and Autoimmune Diseases of the Pediatric Central Nervous System /Andrea Rossi --Imaging of the Phakomatoses in Children /Tina Young Poussaint --pt. 4.Breast Imaging Satellite Course --MRI of the Breast: Technique, Indications, and BI-RADS Classification /Karen Kinkel --Microcalcifications of the Breast: An Approach to Radiologic Classification /Markus Müller-Schimpfle --Ultrasound of the Breast, Including Interventions: An Update /Alexander Mundinger --Mammography: Diagnosis of Asymmetries, Masses and Architectural Distortion /Christian Weismann.
- Diseases of the breast. 4th ed. 2010, OvidBreast anatomy and development -- Molecular mechanisms regulating breast development -- Stem cells in breast development and carcinogenesis: concepts and clinical perspectives -- Physical examination of the breast -- Management of the palpable breast mass -- Management of disorders of the ductal system and infections -- Management of breast pain -- Abnormalities of the breast in pregnancy and lactation -- Management of gynecomastia -- Pathology of benign breast disorders -- Screening for breast cancer -- Imaging analysis: mammography -- Breast ultrasound -- Imaging analysis: magnetic resonance imaging -- Imaging: new techniques -- Image-guided biopsy of nonpalpable breast lesions -- Management summary on breast imaging -- Inherited genetic factors and breast cancer -- Genetic testing and management of patients with hereditary breast cancer -- Nongenetic factors in the causation of breast cancer -- Management of other high risk patients -- Chemoprevention: clinical aspects -- Pathology and biological features of premalignant breast disease -- Lobular carcinoma in situ: biology and pathology -- Lobular carcinoma in situ: clinical management -- Ductal carcinoma in situ and microinvasive carcinoma -- Breast cancer genomics -- Pathology of invasive breast cancer -- Clinical aspects of estrogen and progesterone receptors -- ERBB2 testing: assessment of status for targeted therapies -- Prognostic and predictive markers -- Gene arrays, prognosis, and therapeutic interventions -- Bone marrow micrometastases and circulating tumor cells -- Evaluation of patients for metastasis prior to primary therapy -- Staging of breast cancer -- Mastectomy -- Breast-conserving therapy: conventional whole breast irradiation -- Breast-conserving therapy: accelerated partial breast irradiation -- Breast reconstruction -- Local therapy for the breast and chest wall -- Sentinel lymph node dissection -- Axillary dissection -- Axillary irradiation -- Preserving and restoring function after local treatment -- Lymphedema -- Treatment of the axilla and other regional nodes -- Postmastectomy radiation therapy -- Adjuvant systemic therapy: endocrine therapy -- Adjuvant systemic therapy: chemotherapy --Adjuvant systemic therapy: chemoendocrine -- Adjuvant treatment of ERBB2 positive breast cancer -- Adjuvant systemic therapy: bisphosphonates -- Lifestyle issues in breast cancer survivors -- Management of menopausal symptoms in breast cancer survivors -- Side effects of systemic therapy: neurocognitive, cardiac, and secondary malignancies -- Pharmacogenomics of systemic therapy of breast cancer -- Guidelines for adjuvant systemic therapy -- Preoperative therapy for operable breast cancer -- Preoperative endocrine therapy for operable breast cancer -- Local-regional therapy considerations in patients receiving preoperative chemotherapy -- Locally advanced breast cancer -- Inflammatory breast cancer -- Management summary on preoperative systemic therapy -- Male breast cancer -- Phyllodes tumors -- Paget's disease -- Nonepithelial malignancies of the breast -- Breast cancer during pregnancy and subsequent pregnancy in breast cancer survivors -- Occult primary cancer with axillary metastases -- Surveillance of patients following primary therapy -- Surgery for the primary in patients with distant metastases -- Local-regional recurrence after breast-conservation treatment or mastectomy -- Treatment of metastatic breast cancer: endocrine therapy -- Treatment of metastatic breast cancer: chemotherapy -- Treatment of HER2-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer -- End-of-life considerations in patients with breast cancer -- Management summary for metastatic disease for the care of patients with metastatic disease -- Angiogenesis inhibition in breast cancer -- Tyrosine kinase inhibitors -- Newer targeted therapy in breast cancer -- Brain metastases -- Epidural metastases -- Leptomeningeal metastasis -- Brachial plexopathy in patients with breast cancer -- Ocular metastases -- Malignant effusions -- Management of discrete pulmonary nodules -- Management of lsolated liver metastases -- Bone-directed therapy and breast cancer: bisphosphonates, monoclonal anitbody, and radionuclides -- Local management of bone metastases -- Breast cancer in older women -- Breast cancer in younger women -- Breast cancer in minority women -- Nursing care in patient management and quality of life -- Psychosocial adaptation during and after breast cancer -- Reproductive issues in breast cancer survivors -- Medical legal aspects of breast cancer evaluation -- Cost and cost-effectiveness considerations.
- Diseases of the heart, chest & breast 2007, Springer
- Diseases of the heart, chest, including breast 2011-2014 2011, Springer
- Diseases of the inner ear 2010, SpringerTemporal Bone Tumors and Metastatic Disease -- Cholesteatoma and Its Complications -- Anomalies of the Inner Ear -- Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss -- Trauma to the Inner Ear -- Otosclerosis -- Presbycusis -- Ménière's Syndrome -- Benign Positional Vertigo -- Meningioma -- Vestibular Schwannoma -- Other Cranial Nerve Schwannomas and Paragangliomas -- Ototoxicity.
- Diseases of the liver in children 2014, Springer
- Diseases of the pancreas 2008, Springer
- Diseases of the parathyroid glands 2012, Springer1.Molecular Mechanisms of Parathyroid Hormone Synthesis /Tally Naveh-Many and Morris Nechama --2.Regulation of Calcium and Phosphate Metabolism /Arthur D. Conigrave --3.Diagnosis and Treatment of the Patient with Abnormal Calcium /Elizabeth H. Holt --4.The Calcium-Sensing Receptor: Physiology and Pathophysiology /Friedhelm Raue and Christine Haag --5.New Concepts for Primary and Secondary Hyperparathyroidism /Joachim Beige and Peter Lamesch --6.Calcific Uremic Arteriolopathy (Calciphylaxis) /Earl H. Rudolph and Edgar V. Lerma --7.Cystic Parathyroid Lesions /Jean-François Henry and Maurizio Iacobone --8.Parathyroid Cancer /Maurizio Iacobone and Jean-François Henry --9.Biochemistry, Physiology, and Pathophysiology of Parathyroid Hormone-Related Peptide /Bandana Chakravarti, Shailendra K. Dhar Dwivedi, Ambrish Mithal and Naibedya Chattopadhyay --10.Ectopic Parathyroid Glands /Jean-François Henry and Maurizio Iacobone --11.Hyperparathyroidism in Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia /Syeda S. Zaidi, Vipul T. Lakhani and James T. Broome --12.Familial Hypocalciuric Hypercalcemia /Ogo I. Egbuna and Edward M. Brown --13.Hyperparathyroidism-Jaw Tumor Syndrome /Andrew C. Calabria and Michael A. Levine --14.Hypoparathyroidism and Pseudohypoparathyroidism /Rajesh V. Thakker --15.Primary Hyperparathyroidism in Neonates and Children /Eric Mallet and Mireille Castanet --16.Hypoparathyroidism in Children /Anne Lienhardt-Roussie and Agnès Linglart --17.Parathormone Resistance in Children /Agnès Linglart and Eric Mallet --18.The Use of Ultrasonography in the Management of Parathyroid Diseases /Zvonimir L. Milas and Mira Milas --19.Imaging in Parathyroid Diseases /Donald R. Neumann and Joyce J. Shin --20.Parathyroid Surgery /Zvonimir L. Milas and Mira Milas.
- Print Material
- Diseases of the thyroid in childhood and adolescence 2007, KargerOntogenesis and anatomy of the hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid axis / Tsoumalis, G.; Tsatsoulis, A -- Thyroid disease during pregnancy / Lazarus, J.H -- Thyroid function in the newborn and infant / Spiliotis, B.E. -- Pediatric aspects of thyroid function and iodine / Knobel, M., Medeiros-Neto, G -- Thyroid hormone transport and actions / Feldt-Rasmussen, U., Rasmussen, Å.K. -- The thyroid and autoimmunity in children and adolescents / Weetman, A.P. -- Congenital hypothyroidism / Karges, B., Kiess, W. -- Newborn screening, hypothyroidism in infants, children and adolescents / Büyükgebiz, A. -- Resistance to thyroid hormone in childhood / Bakker, O. -- Pendred syndrome / Kassem, S., Glaser, B. -- Treatment of hyperthyroidism due to Graves' disease in children / Rivkees, S.A. -- Thyroid-associated ophthalmopathy in juvenile Graves' disease: clinical, endocrine and therapeutic aspects / Krassas, G.E., Gogakos, A. -- Differentiated thyroid carcinoma in pediatric age / Wiersinga, W.M. -- Imaging of the normal and affected thyroid in childhood / Bennedbæk, F.N., Hegedüs, L. -- Thyroid and other autoimmune diseases with emphasis on type 1 diabetes mellitus and Turner syndrome / Kapellen, T. ...[et al.] -- Thyroid and trace elements in children and adolescence / Kahaly, G.J.
- Diseases. 4th ed. 2006, OvidMental and emotional disorders -- Infection -- Trauma -- Neoplasms -- Immune disorders -- Hematologic disorders -- Cardiovascular disorders -- Respiratory disorders -- Neurologic disorders -- Musculoskeletal disorders -- Renal and urologic disorders -- Gastrointestinal disorders -- Metabolic disorders -- Endocrine disorders -- Obstetric and gynecologic disorders -- Eye disorders -- Ear, nose, and throat disorders -- Skin disorders.
- Disinfection and decontamination 2007, CRCnetBASEPerspectives on infection challenges and solutions / Manivannan -- Sisyphus in the microbial world revisited : global governance, antimicrobial strategies, and humanity's health / Fidler -- The need for safer and better microbiocides for infection control / Sattar, Springthorpe -- Microbiological concerns in non-sterile manufacturing / Farrington, Polarine -- New technologies in disinfection and infection control / Ramirez -- Biocides : modes of action and mechanisms of resistance / McDonnell -- A pragmatic approach to judicious selection and proper use of disinfectant and antiseptic agents in healthcare setting / Suljagic -- Extended activity of healthcare antiseptic products / Newman, Kaiser -- Disinfectant rotation in a cleaning/disinfection program for cleanrooms and controlled environments / Sutton -- Reprocessing flexible endoscopes : origin of standards, overview of structure/function, and review of recent outbreaks / Antonucci, Williams, Robinson -- Microbiological testing of disinfectants and decontaminants for critical surfaces / Klein -- Regulatory constraints on disinfectants and decontamination / Sarli -- Biofilms : a summarized account and control strategies / Nandakumar, Sreekumari -- Consequences of biofilms on indwelling medical devices : costs and prevention / Thomas, Nakaishi, Corum -- Infection-resistant implantable devices : biofilm problems and design strategies / Smith, Perera -- Infections of intracardiac devices / Yesenosky ... [et al.] -- Intrauterine devices : infections and biofilms / Pereira, Pruthi -- Antimicrobial urinary catheters / Stickler, Sabbuba -- Risk factors for post-operative infectious complications after abdominal surgery / Pessaux, Lermite.
- Disinfection by sodium hypochlorite 2007, KargerAntisepsis / Bianchi, P; Buoncristiani, E.; Buoncristiani, U. (Perugia) -- Sodium hypochlorite: history, properties, electrochemical production / Ponzano, G.P (Genova) -- Toxicity and safety of topical sodium hypochlorite / Bruch, M.K. (Hamilton, Va.) -- Disinfection of the dialysis monitors / Ghezzi, P.M. (Montemassi); Bonello, M. (Anagni); Ronco, C. (Vicenza) -- Biofilm on artificial surfaces / Cappelli, G. ... [et al.] -- Compatibility of electrolytically produced sodium hypochlorite solutions on long-term implanted dialysis catheters / Mishkin, G.J. (Gaithersburg, Md.) -- Hemodialysis catheter exit site care / Astle, C.M. (Edmonton) -- Effectiveness of sodium hypochlorite in the prevention of catheter related infections / Cruz, D.N. ... [et al.] -- Use of sodium hypochlorite in peritoneal dialysis : the genesis of the 'Y' set and beyond / Buoncristiani, U.; Buoncristiani, E.; Bianchi, P. (Perugia) -- Exit-site care in peritoneal dialysis / Wadhwa, N.K.; Reddy, G.H. (Stony Brook, N.Y.) -- Successful use of sodium hypochlorite pack plus systemic and local antibiotic therapy for the treatment of pseudomonas infection of peritoneal dialysis catheter exit-site / Rodighiero, M.P. ... [et al.] -- Disinfection of lines and transfer sets in peritoneal dialysis / Lew, S.Q.; Gruia, A. (Washington, D.C.) -- Amuchina 10% solution, safe antiseptic for preventing infections of exit-site of tenckhoff catheters, in the pediatric population of a dialysis program / Mendoza-Guevara, L. ... [et al.] -- Risk of peritonitis among disadvantaged CAPD patients in Mexico / Garcia-Garcia, G. ... [et al.].
- Disinfection byproducts in drinking water 2004, CRCnetBASE
- The secretory capacity of a cell depends on the efficiency of endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation / M. Molinari and R. Sitia -- Recognition and delivery of ERAD substrates to the proteasome and alternative paths for cell survival / A.A. McCracken and J.L. Brodsky -- CPY* and the power of yeast genetics in the elucidation of quality control and associated protein degradation of the endoplasmic reticulum / D.H. Wolf and A. Schäfer -- The role of the ubiquination machinery in dislocation and degradation of endoplasmic reticulum proteins / M. Kikkert, G. Hassink, and E. Wiertz -- The role of p97/Cdc48p in endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation : from the immune system to yeast / S. Bar-Nun -- The ins and outs of intracellular peptides and antigen presentation by MHC Class I molecules / T. Groothuis and J. Neefjes -- Entry of protein toxins into mammalian cells by crossing the endoplasmic reticulum membrane : co-opting basic mechanisms of endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation / J.M. Lord , L.M. Roberts, and W.I. Lencer.
- Disorders of consciousness 2008, ScienceDirect
- Disorders of sex development 2012, Springer
- Disorders of the human adrenal cortex 2008, KargerSteroidogenic enzymes / Miller, W.L. -- Disorders of adrenal development / Ferraz-de-Souza, B.; Achermann, J.C. -- Adrenal androgens in humans and nonhuman primates: production, zonation and regulation / Nguyen, A.D.; Conley, A.J. -- Clinical implications of androgen synthesis via 5[alpha]-reduced precursors / Ghayee, H.J.; Auchus, R.J. -- P450 oxidoreductase deficiency: a new form of congenital adrenal hyperplasia / Flück, C.E. ... [et al.] -- Long-term outcome of prenatal treatment of congenital adrenal hyperplasia / Lajic, S.; Nordenström, A.; Hirvikoski, T. -- Adrenocorticotropin resistance syndromes / Cooray, S.N. ... [et al.] -- Cushing Syndrome caused by adrenocortical tumors and hyperplasias (corticotropin-independent Cushing Syndrome) / Stratakis, S.A. -- The role of adrenal steroidogenesis in arterial hypertension / Mohaupt, M.G. -- Fetal programming of adrenal androgen excess: lessons from a nonhuman primate model of polycystic ovary syndrome / Abbott, D.H. ... [et al.].
- Print Material
- Disorders of the respiratory tract 2006, Springer
- Disorders of the shoulder. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- Disorders of thrombosis and hemostasis in pregnancy 2012, Springer
- Print Material1.Morphology and physiology of the retina --2.Anatomy and physiology of the visual pathways and cortex --3.Visual attention and visual awareness --4.Electroretinography --5.The multifocal electroretinogram --6.Visual evoked potentials (VEPs) --7.Oscillatory responses and gamma band activity --8.Visual evoked magnetic fields and magnetic stimulation of visual cortex --9.Psychophysical techniques ---10.Visual cognitive ERPs --11.Assessment of vision in infants and young children --12.Role of clinical neurophysiology in assessing both normal and pathological processing of visual information --13.Color vision deficiencies --14.Genetically determined disorders of retinal function --15.Acquired retinopathies --16.Experimental genetic disorders and visual neurophysiology --17.Central disorders of visual processing --18.Positive spontaneous visual phenomena --19.Optic neuropathies and disorders of optic chiasma --20.Visual field defects of central origin --21.Visual apperception and agnosia --22.Cortical blindness and visual anosognosia --23.Blindsight: hypotheses and clinical implications --24.Achromatopsia and chromatic blindsight --25.Visual dysfunction in disorders with altered dopaminergic neurotransmission --26.Multiple sclerosis and other demyelinating disorders --27.Dementia and Alzheimer's disease --28.Epilepsy and visual phenomena --29.Future advances and applications.
- Dissecting the molecular anatomy of tissue 2005, Springer
- Distance education in public health 2003, NLMThis bibliography has been compiled to explore the issues surrounding the use of distance education in public health, as well as to help define and describe the evidence base for advancing distance-based training programs. For purposes of the bibliography, distance learning is defined as "the delivery of instruction over a distance to individuals in one or more remote location(s) via audio, video, or computer technologies." In compiling the bibliography, a variety of databases as well as the Internet were searched for articles published within the past 6 years. Over 1000 citations were retrieved and reviewed. References were arranged into seven broad subject categories: Administration and Management; Evaluation; Legal/Regulatory Issues; Technology; Target Audiences; Library Services; and Web Resources. This list is not meant to be all-inclusive. It is intended to introduce the user to some of the major issues within distance education and lead to additional inquiry. Generally, articles in foreign languages, letters to the editor, editorials, and non-health related articles were not included. However, a few general distance education directories and articles on library services to support distance education programs are included."
- Distribution and phenotype of proliferating cells in the forebrain of adult macaque monkeys after transient global cerebral ischemia 2007, Springer
- Diverse effects of hypoxia on tumor progression 2010, SpringerThe HIF-2[alpha]-driven pseudo-hypoxic phenotype in tumor aggressiveness, differentiation, and vascularization / A. Pietras, A.S. Johnsson and S. Pahlman -- Hypoxia and hypoxia inducible factors in cancer stem cell maintenance / Z. Li and J.N. Rich -- Role of carcinoma-associated fibroblasts and hypoxia in tumor progression / A.J. Giaccia and E. Schipani -- The role of hypoxia regulated microRNAs in cancer / R. McCormick ... [et al.] -- Oxygen sensing: A common crossroad in cancer and neurodegeneration / A. Quaegebeur and P. Carmeliet -- Hypoxia-inducible factors as essential regulators of inflammation / H.Z. Imtiyaz and M.C. Simon -- Hypoxia and metastasis in breast cancer / H. Rundqvist and R.S. Johnson.
- Diverse roles of integrin receptors in articular cartilage 2008, Springer
- Diversity and cultural competence in health care. 1st ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material"Designed to provide ... a clear understanding of recent philosophies and processes undergirding diversity management, inclusion, and culturally competent care delivery as seen through the lens of current health care policy and practice. The textbook integrates strategic diversity management, self-reflective leadership and the personal change process, with culturally and linguistically appropriate care into a cohesive systems-oriented approach for health care professionals"--Excerpt from publisher notes.
- Diversity in U.S. Medical Schools: Revitalizing Efforts to Increase Diversity in a Changing Context, 1960s-2000s 2009Executive summary -- Preface -- ch. 1. Changing opportunities and challenges for medical schools: from desegregation to affirmative action to promoting diversity in an anti-affirmative action environment -- ch. 2. Increasing access to U.S. medical schools for diverse populations: demographic, education, and medical school trends, 1960s-2000s, graduate medical education, and the U.S. physican workforce -- ch. 3. The Changing federal context -- ch. 4. California's people: demographic transformation, educational trends, and challenges for medical school and physician diversity -- ch. 5. California's changing policy context -- ch. 6. The University of California: the changing policy context of a public university -- ch. 7. Stanford University: the changing policy context of a private university -- ch. 8. Case studies of diversity: UCSF and Stanford medical schools -- ch. 9. Recommendations: opportunities for action to increase diversity -- Appendix 1. Archival research -- Appendix 2. Key informant interviews -- Appendix 3. Oral history interviews -- Appendix 4. Selected key reports related to diversity in medical schools and the health professions and the physician workforce.
- Diversity of gastric carcinoma 2005, Springer
- Divine doctors and dreadful distempers 2013, IngentaConnectDivine Doctors and Dreadful Distempers examines the discourse of seventeenth-century English physicians to demonstrate that physicians utilized cultural attitudes and beliefs to create medical theory. They meshed moralism with medicine to self-fashion an image of themselves as knowledgeable health experts whose education assured good judgment and sage advice, and whose interest in the health of their patients surpassed the peddling of a single nostrum to everyone.
- DNA 2004Print Material
- DNA alterations in lynch syndrome 2013, SpringerLynch syndrome (LS) is the most common cause of inherited colorectal cancer, a disease with a high mortality rate. An estimated 37,000 of diagnosed colorectal cancer cases worldwide are attributed to Lynch syndrome each year. Intensive cancer screening, with early initiation and frequent follow-up, can reduce colorectal cancer incidence and mortality in LS patients. This book provides an up-to-date overview on the genetic and epigenetic basis of Lynch syndrome. It evaluates clinical features of the disease and critically comments on molecular tools available for identifying mutations responsible for Lynch syndrome; in addition the importance of functional assays that can help clarify the clinical nature of identified mutations is also discussed. The book also focuses on challenges in genetic counselling of at-risk individuals and discusses related ethical issues. The purpose of the book is to give a concise knowledge base for the broader scientific and medical community, including genetic counselors, in order to improve awareness on the potential impact that the diagnosis of LS has on treatment, management and surveillance of LS patients.
- DNA amplification SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- DNA and RNA profiling in human blood 2009, Springer ProtocolsPCR-ELISA for high-throughput blood group genotyping / Maryse St-Louis -- Single base extension in multiplex blood group genotyping / Gregory A. Denomme -- Real-time PCR assays for high-throughput blood group genotyping / Fernando Araujo -- Real-time PCR assays for high-throughput human platelet antigen typing / Simon E. McBride -- Multiplex ABO genotyping by minisequencing / Gianmarco Ferri and Susi Pelotti -- Multiplex genotyping for thrombophilia-associated SNPs by universal bead arrays / Susan Bortolin -- Pyrosequencing of toll-like receptor polymorphisms of functional relevance / Parviz Ahmad-Nejad -- Multiplex HLA-typing by pyrosequencing / Ying Lu ... [et al.] -- High-throughput multiplex HLA-typing by ligase detection reaction (LDR) and universal array (UA) approach / Clarissa Consolandi -- Medium- to high-throughput SNP genotyping using VeraCode microbeads / Charles H. Lin ... [et al.] -- The use of maternal plasma for prenatal RhD blood group genotyping / Kirstin Finning, Pete Martin, and Geoff Daniels -- Nanoliter high-throughput PCR for DNA and RNA profiling / Colin J.H. Brenan, Douglas Roberts, and James Hurley -- RNA stabilization of peripheral blood and profiling by bead chip analysis / Svenja Debey-Pascher, Daniela Eggle, and Joachim L. Schultze -- RNA profiling in peripheral blood cells by fluorescent differential display PCR / Martin Steinau and Mangalathu S. Rajeevan -- cDNA amplification by SMART-PCR and suppression subtractive hybridization (SSH)-PCR / Andrew Hillmann, Eimear Dunne, and Dermot Kenny -- Transcript profiling of human platelets using microarray and serial analysis of gene expression (SAGE) / Dmitri V. Gnatenko ... [et al.] -- Genome-wide platelet RNA profiling in clinical samples / Angelika Schedel and Nina Rolf -- PCR-based amplification of platelet mRNA sequences obtained from small-scale platelet samples / Jutta M. Rox, Jens Müller, and Bernd Pötzsch -- MicroRNA profiling of megakaryocytes / Ramiro Garzon -- Serial analysis of gene expression adapted for downsized extracts / SAGE/SADE) analysis in reticulocytes / Béatrice Bonafoux and Thérèse Commes -- Real-time PCR analysis for blood cell lineage specific markers / Louise Edvardsson and Tor Olofsson -- Monitoring the immune response using real-time PCR / Patrick Stordeur.
- DNA arrays 2002, CRCnetBASE
- DNA computing 2008, Springer
- DNA computing models 2008, Springer
- DNA conformation and transcription 2005, SpringerDNA: alternative conformations and biology / Vladimir N. Potaman and Richard R. Sinden -- Sequence-dependent variability of B-DNA: an update on bending and curvature / Victor B. Zhurkin ... [et al.] -- Curved DNA and prokaryotic promoters: a mechanism for activation of transcription / Munehiko Asayama and Takashi Ohyama -- Repression of transcription by curved DNA and nucleoid protein H-NS: a mode of bacterial gene regulation / Cynthia L. Pon, Stefano Stella and Claudio O. Gualerzi -- Curved DNA and transcription in eukaryotes / Takashi Ohyama -- Putative roles of kin17, a mammalian protein binding -- Curved DNA, in transcription / Jaime F. Angulo ... [et al.] -- Roles for Z- and double-stranded RNA in transcription: encoding genetic information by shape rather than by sequence / Alan Herbert -- Do DNA triple helices or quadruplexes have a role in transcription? / Michael W. Van Dyke -- Nucleic acid structures and the transcription defects in fragile X syndrome and Friedreich's ataxia / Karen Usdin -- Possible roles of DNA supercoiling in transcription / Susumu Hirose and Kuniharu Matsumoto -- Gene regulation by HMGA and HMGB chromosomal proteins and related architectural DNA-binding proteins / Andrew A. Travers -- Molecular mechanisms of male sex determination: the enigma of SRY / Michael A. Weiss -- The role of unusual DNA structures in chromatin organization for transcription / Takashi Ohyama -- DNA bendability and nucleosome positioning in transcriptional regulation / Mensur Dlaki, David W. Ussery and Sren Brunak.
- DNA damage detection in situ, ex vivo, and in vivo 2009, Springer ProtocolsIn situ detection of apoptosis by the TUNEL assay: An overview of techniques -- Combination of TUNEL assay with immunohistochemistry for simultaneous detection of DNA fragmentation and oxidative cell damage -- EM-ISEL: A useful tool to visualize DNA damage at the ultrastructural level -- In situ labeling of DNA breaks and apoptosis by T7 DNA polymerase -- In situ ligation: A decade and a half of experience -- In situ ligation simplified: Using PCR fragments for detection of double-strand DNA breaks in tissue sections -- 5'OH DNA breaks in apoptosis and their labeling by topoisomerase-based approach -- Detection of DNA strand breaks in apoptotic cells by flow- and image-cytometry -- Fluorochrome-labeled inhibitors of caspases: Convenient in vitro and in vivo markers of apoptotic cells for cytometric analysis -- Combining fluorescent in situ hybridization with the comet assay for targeted examination of DNA damage and repair -- Simultaneous labeling of single- and double-strand DNA breaks by DNA breakage detection-FISH (DBD-FISH) -- Co-localization of DNA repair proteins with UV-induced DNA damage in locally irradiated cells -- Ultrasound imaging of apoptosis: Spectroscopic detection of DNA-damage effects at high and low frequencies -- Quantifying etheno-DNA adducts in human tissues, white blood cells, and urine by ultrasensitive (32)P-postlabeling and immunohistochemistry -- ELISpot assay as a tool to study oxidative stress in peripheral blood mononuclear cells -- Cytokinesis-block micronucleus cytome assay in lymphocytes -- Buccal micronucleus cytome assay -- [Gamma]-H2AX detection in peripheral blood lymphocytes, splenocytes, bone marrow, xenografts, and skin -- Immunologic detection of benzo(a)pyrene-DNA adducts -- Non-invasive assessment of oxidatively damaged DNA: Liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry analysis of urinary 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine -- Assessing sperm DNA fragmentation with the sperm chromatin dispersion test.
- DNA damage recognition 2005, CRCnetBASE
- DNA damage response 2009, SpringerDNA Damage Sensing and Signaling / Daniel Durocher -- Signaling at Stalled Replication Forks / Daniel A. Mordes and David Cortez -- An Oncogene-Induced DNA Replication Stress Model for Cancer Development / Thanos D. Halazonetis -- Cellular Responses to Oxidative Stress / Inbal Dar and Ari Barzilai -- Cell Cycle Regulation and DNA Damage / Ryo Sakasai and Randal S. Tibbetts -- Chromatin Modifications Involved in the DNA Damage Response to Double Strand Breaks / Julia Pagan, Emma Bolderson, Mathew Jones and Kum Kum Khanna -- Telomere Metabolism and DNA Damage Response / Tej K. Pandita -- DNA Double Strand Break Repair: Mechanisms and Therapeutic Potential / Laura M. Williamson, Chris T. Williamson and Susan P. Lees-Miller -- DNA Base Excision Repair: A Recipe for Survival / Rabindra Roy and Sankar Mitra -- DNA Damage Tolerance and Translesion Synthesis / Alan R. Lehmann -- Nucleotide Excision Repair: from DNA Damage Processing to Human Disease / Mischa G. Vrouwe and Leon H.F. Mullenders -- Chromosomal Single-Strand Break Repair / Keith W. Caldecott -- Mouse Models of DNA Double Strand Break Repair Deficiency and Cancer / Sachin Katyal and Peter J. McKinnon -- Cancer Biomarkers Associated with Damage Response Genes / Anne E. Kiltie, Marie Fernet and Janet Hall -- Linking Human RecQ Helicases to DNA Damage Response and Aging / Wen-Hsing Cheng, Byungchan Ahn and Vilhelm A. Bohr -- Single-Stranded DNA Binding Proteins Involved in Genome Maintenance / Derek J. Richard and Kum Kum Khanna -- The Fanconi anemia-BRCA Pathway and Cancer / Toshiyasu Taniguchi -- BRCA1 and BRCA2: Role in the DNA Damage Response, Cancer Formation and Treatment / Kienan Savage and D. Paul Harkin.
- DNA helicases and DNA motor proteins 2013, Springer
- DNA methylation 2005, CRCnetBASE
- DNA methylation SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- DNA methylation and cancer therapy 2005, SpringerDNA methylation : three decades in search of function / Aharon Razin -- Epigenetic mechanisms of gene regulation : relationships between DNA methylation, histone modification, and chromatin structure / Keith D. Robertson -- DNA hypo- vs. hypermethylation in cancer : tumor specificity, tumor progression, and therapeutic implications / Melanie Ehrlich and Guanchao Jiang -- DNA methylation in urological cancers / Wolfgang A. Schulz and Hans-Helge Seifert -- DNA methylation in colorectal cancer / Jeremy R. Jass ... [et al.] -- CpG island hypermethylation of tumor suppressor genes in human cancer : concepts, methodologies and uses / Michel Herranz and Manel Esteller -- The loss of methyl groups in DNA of tumor cells and tissues : the immunochemical approach / Alain Niveleau ... [et al.] -- Identifying clinicopathological association of DNA hypermethylation in cancers using CpG island microarrays / Susan H. Wei ... [et al.] -- Methylation analysis in cancer : (epi)genomic fast track from discovery to clinical routine / Carolina Haefliger, Sabine Maier and Alexander Olek --Regulation of DNA methyltransferases in cancer / Nancy Detich and Moshe Szyf -- Inhibition of poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation allows DNA hypermethylation / Anna Reale ... [et al.] -- The role of active demethylation in cancer and its therapeutic potential / Moshe Szyf ... [et al.] -- Purine analogues and their role in methylation and cancer chemotherapy / Katherine L. Seley and Sylvester L. Mosley -- DNA methyltransferase inhibitors : paving the way for epigenetic cancer therapeutics / Gregory K. Reid and A. Robert MacLeod -- Preclinical and clinical studies on 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine, a potent inhibitor of DNA methylation, in cancer therapy / Richard L. Momparler -- Anticancer gene therapy by in vivo DNA electrotransfer of MBD2 antisense / Pascal Bigey and Daniel Scherman.
- DNA methylation microarrays 2008, CRCnetBASE
- DNA methylation, epigenetics, and metastasis 2005, Springer
- DNA methylation. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer ProtocolsDNA methylation : an introduction to the biology and the disease-associated changes of a promising biomarker / Jörg Tost -- Quantification of global DNA methylation by capillary electophoresis and mass spectrometry / Maria Berdasco, Mrio F. Fraga, and Manel Esteller -- Methyl group acceptance assay for the determination of global DNA methylation levels / Kenneth P. Nephew, Curt Balch, and David G. Skalnik -- Immunodetection array / Johannes Pröll ... [et al.] -- Methylated DNA immunoprecipitation (MeDIP) / Fabio Mohn ... [et al.] -- The MIRA method for DNA methylation analysis / Tibor A. Rauch and Gerd P. Pfeifer -- The HELP assay / Mayumi Oda and John M. Greally -- Differential methylation hybridization : profiling DNA methylation with a high-density CpG island microarray / Pearlly S. Yan ... [et al.] -- Analysis of DNA methylation by amplification of intermethylated sites (AIMS) / Mireia Jordà ... [et al.] -- Methylation-sensitive representational difference analysis (MS-RDA) / Toshikazu Ushijima and Satoshi Yamashita -- Restriction landmark genomic scanning : analysis of CpG islands in genomes by 2D gel elctrophoresis / Joseph F. Costello ... [et al.] -- GoldenGate assay for DNA methylation profiling / Marina Bibikova and Jian-Bing Fan -- 5'-azacytidine expression arrays / Paul Cairns -- DNA methylation analysis by bisulfite conversion, cloning, and sequencing of individual clones / Yingying Zhang ... [et al.] -- Identification and quantification of differentially methylated loci by the Pyrosequencing technology / Emelyne Dejeux ... [et al.] -- Mass spectrometric analysis of cytosine methylation by base-specific cleavage and primer extension methods / Dirk van den Boom and Mathias Ehrich -- Melting curve assays for DNA methylation analysis / Tomasz K. Wojdacz and Alexander Dobrovic -- Methylatioin SNaPshot : a method for the quantification of site-specific DNA methylation levels / Zachary Kaminsky and Arturas Petronis -- Bio-COBRA : absolute quantification of DNA methylation in electrofluidics chips / Romulo Martin Brena and Christoph Plass -- Restriction digestion and real-time PCR (qAMP) / Christopher C. Oakes ... [et al.] -- MethylQuant : a real-time PCR-based method to quantify DNA methylation at single specific cytosines / Claire Dugast-Darzacq and Thierry Grange -- Methylation-specific PCR / Julien D.F. Licchesi and James G. Herman -- MethyLight / Mihaela Campan ... [et al.] -- Quantification of methylated DNA by HeavyMethyl duplex PCR / Jürgen Distler -- Analysis of methylated circulating DNA in cancer patients' blood / Eiji Sunami ... [et al.] -- Prevention of PCR cross-contamination by UNG treatment of bisulfite-treated DNA / Reimo Tetzner -- Profiling DNA methylation from small amounts of genomic DNA starting material : efficient sodium bisulfite conversion and subsequent whole-genome amplification / Jonathan Mill and Arturas Petronis.
- DNA methylation. Basic mechanisms 2006, Springer
- DNA methylation. Development, genetic disease, and cancer 2006, SpringerRegulation of chromatin and DNA-methylation patterns in blood cell development / C. Bonifer, P. Lefevre, and H. Tagoh -- Methylation dynamics in the early mammalian embryo : implications of genome reprogramming defects for development / T. Haaf -- Epigenetic regulation in drosophila / F. Lyko ... [et.al.] -- Epimutations in human disease / B. Horsthemke -- Epigenotypes of latent herpesvirus genomes / J. Minarovits -- Epigenetics of complex diseases : from general theory to laboratory experiments / A. Schumacher and A. Petronis -- MSL proteins and the regulation of gene expression / S. Rea and A. Akhtar -- DNA methylation profiles of female steroid hormone-driven human malignancies / M. Campan, D.J. Weisenberger, and P.W. Laird -- Genome-wide analysis of DNA methylation changes in human malignancies / C. Plass and D.J. Smiraglia -- Decreased fidelity in replicating DNA methylation patterns in cancer cells leads to dense methylation of a CpG island / N. Watanabe ... [et.al.] -- Methylation of endogenous human retroelements in health and disease / W. A. Schulz, C. Steinhoff, and A.R. Florl -- Cancer-linked DNA hypomethylation and its relationship to hypermethylation / M. Ehrlich.
- DNA microarrays and related genomics techniques 2006, CRCnetBASE
- DNA microarrays. Part A-B pt. A-B, 2006., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2006 ScienceDirectPt. A. Array platforms and wet-bench protocols -- pt. B. Databases and statistics.
- DNA repair and human disease 2006, SpringerHuman premature aging disorders and dysfunction of DNA repair / Byungchan Ahn and Vilhelm A. Bohr -- DNA repair aspects for RecQ helicase disorders / Takehisa Matsumoto -- Trichothiodystrophy: a disorder highlighting the crosstalk between DNA repair and transcription / Miria Stefanini -- Roles of the BRCA1 and BRCA2 breast cancer susceptibility proteins in DNA repair / Katrin Gudmundsdottir, Emily Witt and Alan Ashworth -- Radiosensitivity of cells derived from Down syndrome patients: is defective DNA repair involved? / Adayapalam T. Natarajan -- The Fanconi anemia/BRCA pathway: FANCD2 at the crossroad between repair and checkpoint responses to DNA damage / Massimo Bogliolo and Jordi Surrallés -- Is ataxia telangiectasia a result of impaired coordination between DNA repair and cell cycle checkpoint regulators? / Adayabalam S. Balajee and Charles R. Geard -- Mechanisms of DNA damage and repair in Alzheimer disease / V. Prakash Reddy ... [et al.] -- Orchestration of telomeres and DNA repair factors in mammalian cells: implications for cancer and ageing / M. Prakash Hande -- Defective solar protection in xeroderma pigmentosum and Cockayne syndrome patients / Colette ApRhys and Daniel Judge.
- DNA repair in cancer therapy. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectIntroduction and overview of current targets: bench to clinic / Mark R. Kelley -- 2. MGMT a critical DNA repair gene target for chemotherapy resistance / Stanton L. Gerson and Lili Liu -- 3. Blockade of base excision repair: inhibition of small lesions results in big consequences to cancer cells / Melissa Fishel and Carlo Vascotto -- 4. PARP inhibitors -- scientific rationale and clinical development for cancer / Ruth Plummer, Nicola J. Curtin and Yvette Drew -- 5. Inhibiting selective DNA polymerases for therapeutic intervention / Anthony J. Berdis -- 6. Targeting the nucleotide excision repair pathway for therapeutic applications / John Turchi and Stephan M. Patrick -- 7. Homologous recombination and ATM/ATR targets / Henning Willers, Lee Zou and Heike N. Pfaffle -- 8. DNA double strand break repair by nonhomologous end joining and its clinical relevance / Michael Weinfeld and Susan Lees-Miller -- 9. Defective MMR-c-Abl-p73-GADD45alpha expression in cancer chemoresistance / David Boothman and Long Shan Li -- 10. DNA repair signaling targets / Susan Ashwell -- 11. Redox regulation of DNA repair and therapeutic / Millie M. Georgiadis -- 12. Personalized cancer medicine: DNA repair alterations is a promising predictive marker in cancer / Srinivasan Madhusudan -- 13. The role of DNA damage and repair in neurotoxicity caused by cancer therapies / Michael R. Vasko -- 14. Future directions with DNA repair inhibitors / Mark R. Kelley.
- DNA repair of cancer stem cells 2013, SpringerThe existence of 'cancer stem cells' (CSCs) has been a topic of heated debate for the last few years within the field of cancer biology. Their continuous characterization in a variety of solid tumors has lead to an abundance of evidence supporting their existence. CSCs are believed to be responsible for resistance against conventional treatment regimes of chemotherapy and radiation, ultimately, leading to metastasis and patient demise. To help aid clinicians, pharmaceutical companies and academic labs investigating how to better kill these highly aggressive cells we have summarized the DNA repair mechanism(s) and their role in the maintenance and regulation of both normal and cancer stem cells. Our book represents a comprehensive investigation into the highly effective DNA repair mechanisms of CSCs and what we need to understand in order to develop more advanced therapies to eradicate them from patients. Currently, there are no other published works entirely on DNA repair and Cancer Stem Cells. In addition, our book provides a comprehensive overview of CSC isolation and characterization from a variety of solid tumor types.
- DNA repair protocols. Mammalian systems. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer ProtocolsBiochemical assays for the characterization of DNA helicases / Robert M. Brosh Jr. and Sudha Sharma -- Repair synthesis assay for nucleotide excision repair activity using fractionated cell extracts and UV-damaged plasmid DNA / Maureen Biggerstaff and Richard D. Wood -- Assaying for the dual incisions of nucleotide excision repair using DNA with a lesion at a specific site / Mahmud K.K. Shivji ... [et al.] -- Analysis of proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) associated with DNA excision repair sites in mammalian cells / A. Ivana Scovassi and Ennio Prosperi -- Analysis of DNA repair and chromatin assembly in vitro using immobilized damaged DNA substrates / Jill A. Mello, Jonathan G. Moggs, and Geneviève Almouzni.Cytometric assessment of histone H2AX phosphorylation: a reporter of DNA damage / Xuan Huang and Zbigniew Darzynkiewicz -- Detection of DNA strand breaks by flow and laser scanning cytometry in studies of apoptosis and cell proliferation (DNA replication) / Zbigniew Darzynkiewicz, Xuan Huang, and Masaki Okafuji -- In vitro rejoining of double-strand breaks in genomic DNA / George Iliakis and Nge Cheong -- Detection of DNA double-strand breaks and chromosome translocations using ligation-mediated PCR and inverse PCR / Michael J. Villalobos, Christopher J. Betti, and Andrew T.M. Vaughan -- Plasmid-based assays for DNA end-joining in vitro / George Iliakis ... [et al.] -- Use of gene targeting to study recombination in mammalian cell DNA repair mutants / Rodney S. Nairn and Gerald M. Adair --Gene-specific and mitochondrial repair of oxidative DNA damage / R. Michael Anson, Penelope A. Mason, and Vilhelm A. Bohr -- Quantitative PCR-based measurement of nuclear and mitochondrial DNA damage and repair in mammalian cells / Janine H. Santos ... [et al.] -- Measuring the formation and repair of DNA damage by ligation-mediated PCR / Gerd P. Pfeifer -- Immunochemical detection of UV-induced DNA damage and repair / Marcus S. Cooke and Alistair Robson -- A dot-blot immunoassay for measuring repair of ultraviolet photoproducts / Shirley McCready -- Quantification of photoproducts in mammalian cell DNA using radioimmunoassay / David L. Mitchell -- DNA damage quantitation by alkaline gel electrophoresis / Betsy M. Sutherland, Paula V. Bennett, and John C. Sutherland --Isolation of mutagen-sensitive Chinese hamster cell lines by replica plating / Malgorzata Z. Zdzienicka -- Complementation assays adapted for DNA repair-deficient keratinocytes / Mathilde Fréchet ... [et al.] -- Cytogenetic challenge assays for assessment of DNA repair capacities / William W. Au and Salama A. Salama -- Evaluating the delayed effects of cellular exposure to ionizing radiation / Shruti Nagar, James J. Corcoran, and William F. Morgan -- Inhibition of DNA synthesis by ionizing radiation: a marker for an S-phase checkpoint / Nicolaas G.J. Jaspers and Malgorzata Z. Zdzienicka -- Analysis of inhibition of DNA replication in irradiated cells using the SV40-based in vitro assay of DNA replication / George Iliakis, Ya Wang, and Hong Yan Wang --The comet assay: a sensitive genotoxicity test for the detection of DNA damage and repair / Günter Speit and Andreas Hartmann -- Fast micromethod DNA single-strand-break assay / Heinz C. Schröder ... [et al.] -- ³²P-postlabeling DNA-damage assays: PAGE, TLC, and HPLC / Shinya Shibutani, Sung Yeon Kim, and Naomi Suzuki -- Electrophoretic mobility shift assays to study protein binding to damaged DNA / Vaughn Smider, Byung Joon Hwang, and Gilbert Chu -- Construction of MMR plasmid substrates and analysis of MMR error correction and excision / Huixian Wang and John B. Hays -- Characterization of enzymes that initiate base excision repair at abasic sites / Walter A. Deutsch and Vijay Hegde -- Base excision repair in mammalian cells / Yoshihiro Matsumoto -- In vitro base excision repair assay using mammalian cell extracts / Guido Frosina ... [et al.] --
- DNA repair. Part A-B pt. A-B, 2006., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2006 ScienceDirect
- DNA replication ScienceDirect
- DNA replication and human disease SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- DNA sequencing protocols. 2nd ed. Springer Protocols
- DNA structures. Part A-B ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. B) ScienceDirectpt. A. Synthesis and physical analysis of DNA -- pt B. Chemical and electrophoretic analysis of DNA.
- DNA topoisomerases and cancer 2012, SpringerIntroduction and historical perspective / Patrick Forterre -- Human DNA topoisomerase I : structure, enzymology and biology / James J. Champoux -- Mitochondrial topoisomerases / Ilaria Dalla Rosa, Yves Pommier, and Hongliang Zhang -- Structure and mechanism of eukaryotic type IIA topoisomerases / James M. Berger and Neil Osheroff -- Essential functions of topoisomerase III-alpha in the nucleus and mitochondria / Stefanie Hartman Chen, Jianhong Wu, and Tao-shih Hsieh -- DNA topoisomerase I and illegitimate recombination / Céline Auzanneau and Philippe Pourquier -- Topoisomerase-induced DNA damage / Yves Pommier and Neil Osheroff -- Topoisomerases and carcinogenesis : topoisomerases III-alpha and BLM / Mounira Amor-Guéret and Jean-François Riou -- Topoisomerases inhibitors : a paradigm for interfacial inhibition / Christophe Marchand and Yves Pommier -- Topoisomerases I inhibitors : chemical biology / Beverly A. Teicher -- Topoisomerases II inhibitors : chemical biology / Anna Rogojina ... [et al.] -- Topoisomerases I inhibitors : current use and prospects / Yan Makeyev ... [et al.] -- Topoisomerases II inhibitors : current use and prospects / Olivier Mir ... [et al.] -- Transcriptional stress by camptothecin : mechanisms and implications for the drug antitumor activity / Giovanni Capranico ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms regulating cellular responses to DNA topoisomerases I-targeted agents / Piero Benedetti and Mary-Ann Bjornsti -- Tyrosyl-DNA-phosphodiesterase / Thomas S. Dexheimer ... [et al.] -- Ubiquitin and ubiquitin-like proteins in repair of topoisomerases-mediated DNA damage / Shyamal D. Desai -- Repair of topoisomerases II-mediated DNA damage : fixing DNA damage arising from a protein covalently trapped on DNA / John L. Nitiss ... [et al.] -- Topoisomerases and apoptosis / Olivier Sordet and Stéphanie Solier.
- DNA tumor viruses 2009, SpringerPolyomavirus life cycle / Ellen Fanning, Xiaorong Zhao, and Xiaohua Jiang -- Transformation by polyomaviruses / Dweepanita Das and Michael J. Imperiale -- Polyomaviruses and disease / Jaime M. Kean and Robert L. Garcea -- The life cycle of human papillomaviruses / Cary A. Moody and Laimonis A. Laimins -- Papillomavirus transformation / Kimberly Johung and Daniel DiMaio -- Papillomaviruses : biology, diversity, and pathogenesis / Hans-Ulrich Bernard -- Adenovirus transformation / Patrick Hearing -- Overview of the large DNA tumor viruses / Subhash C. Verma ... [et al.] -- Epidemiology of EBV infection / Rosemary Rochford -- EBV diseases / Joseph S. Pagano -- The Epstein-Barr virus genome / Jeffery T. Sample ... [et al.] -- Epstein-Barr virus transforming proteins : biologic properties and contribution to oncogenesis / Nancy Raab-Traub -- The Epstein-Barr virus lytic life cycle / Sankar Swaminathan and Shannon Kenney -- Epstein-Barr virus latent infection nuclear proteins : genome maintenance and regulation of lymphocyte cell growth and survival / Eric Johannsen ... [et al.] -- Epstein-Barr virus entry / Richard Longnecker, Lindsey Hutt-Fletcher, and Theodore Jardetzky -- EBV immunotherapy / Leslie E. Huye and Cliona M. Rooney -- KSHV epidemiology and subtype evolution / Gary S. Hayward and Denise Whitby --Introduction to diseases associated with Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus / Patrick S. Moore and Yuan Chang -- Organization and expression of the Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus genome / Yan Yuan and Rolf Renne -- KSHV latent genes and their regulation / Dirk P. Dittmer -- Regulation of expression, mode of action and downstream targets of ORF50 protein in KSHV lytic cycle activation / Pey-Jium Chang, Jianjiang Ye, and George Miller -- HHV-8/KSHV proteins involved in signaling and transformation / Silke Hartmann, Thomas F. Schulz, and John Nicholas -- KSHV entry and infection of target cells / Bala Chandran and Neelam Sharma-Walia -- KSHV immune evasion / Chengyu Liang ... [et al.] -- Non-coding regulatory RNAs of the DNA tumor viruses / Christopher S. Sullivan and Bryan R. Cullen -- AIDS and associated malignancies / William J. Harrington, Charles Wood, and C. Wood -- Primate models for gammaherpesvirus-associated malignancies / Ilhem Messaoudi, Blossom Damania, and Scott W. Wong -- Murine gammaherpesvirus 68 infection of mice : a small animal model for characterizing basic aspects of gammaherpesvirus pathogenesis / James Craig Forrest, Laurie T. Krug, and Samuel H. Speck.
- DNA vaccines. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer ProtocolsDNA vaccine design / Janet L. Brandsma -- Design of plasmid DNA constructs for vaccines / Donna L. Montgomery and Kristala Jones Prather -- Vaccination with messenger RNA / Stave Pascolo -- A stress protein-facilitated antigen expression system for plasmid DNA vaccines / Petra Riedl ... [et al.] -- In vitro assay of immunostimulatory activities of plasmid vectors / Weiwn Jiang, Charles F. Reich, and David S. Pisetsky -- Delivery of DNA vaccines using electroporation / Shawn Babiuk, Sylvia van Drunen Littel-van den Hurk, and Lorne A. Babiuk -- Needle-free injection of DNA vaccines: a brief overview and methodology / Kanakatte Raviprakash and Kevin R. Porter -- Needle-free delivery of veterinary DNA vaccines / Sylvia van Drunen Littel-van den Hurk, Shawn Babiuk, and Lorne A. Babiuk -- Surface-modified biodegradable microspheres for DNA vaccine delivery / Mark E. Keegan and W. Mark Saltzman -- A dendrimer-like DNA-based vector for DNA delivery: a viral and nonviral hybrid approach / Dan Luo ... [et al.] -- Identification of compartments involved in mammalian subcellular trafficking pathways by indirect immunofluorescence / Anne Doody and David Putnam -- Adjuvant properties of CpG oligonucleotides in primates / Daniela Verthelyi -- Complexes of DNA vaccines with cationic, antigenic peptides are potent, polyvalent CD8+ T-cell stimulating immunogens / Petra Riedl, Jörg Reimann, and Reinhold Schirmbeck -- Prime-boost strategies in DNA vaccines / C. Jane Dale ... [et al.] -- Modifying professional antigen-presenting cells to enhance DNA vaccine potency / Chien-Fu Hung, Mu Yang, and T.C. Wu -- Replicase-based DNA vaccines for allergy treatment / Sandra Scheiblhofer ... [et al.] -- Immunological responses of neonates and infants to DNA vaccines / Martha Sedegah and Stepen L. Hoffman -- DNA vaccines for allergy treatment / Richard Weiss, Sandra Sheiblhofer, and Josef Thalhamer -- Protection from autoimmunity by DNA vaccination against T-cell receptor / Thorsten Buch and Ari Waisman -- The use of bone marrow-chimeric mice in elucidating immune mechanisms / Akiko Iwasaki -- A simple method for the production of plasmid DNA in bioreactors / Kristin Listner, Laura Kizer Bentley, and Michel Chartrain -- Practical methods for supercoiled pDNA production / John Ballantyne -- Production of plasmid DNA in industrial quantities according to cGMP guidelines / Joachim Schorr ... [et al.] -- Large-scale, nonchromatographic purification of plasmid DNA / Jason C. Murphy, Michael A. Winters, and Sangeetha L. Sagar -- Assuring the quality, safety, and efficacy of DNA vaccines / James S. Robertson and Elwyn Griffiths.
- DNA viruses 2004, Springer Protocols
- DNA-protein interactions. 3rd ed. 2009, Springer ProtocolsFilter-binding assays / Peter G. Stockley -- Electrophoretic mobility shift assays for the analysis of DNA-protein interactions / Manon Gaudreault ... [et al.] -- DNase I footprinting / Benoît Leblanc and Tom Moss -- Exonuclease III footprinting on immobilized DNA templates / Patrizia Spitalny and Michael Thomm -- Hydroxyl radical footprinting of protein-DNA complexes / Indu Jagannathan and Jeffrey J. Hayes -- The use of diethyl pyrocarbonate and potassium permanganate as probes for strand separation and structural distortions in DNA / Brenda F. Kahl and Marvin R. Paule -- Uranyl photofootprinting / Peter E. Nielsen -- Identification of protein/DNA contacts with dimethyl sulfate : methylation protection and methylation interference / Peter E. Shaw and A. Francis Stewart -- Ethylation interference footprinting of DNA-protein complexes / Iain W. Manfield and Peter G. Stockley -- Site-directed cleavage of DNA by protein-Fe(II) EDTA conjugates within model chromatin complexes / David R. Chafin and Jeffrey J. Hayes -- Identification of nucleic acid high-affinity binding sequences of proteins by SELEX / Philippe Bouvet -- Identification of sequence-specific DNA-binding proteins by southwestern blotting / Simon Labbé, Jean-François Harrisson, and Carl Séguin -- Footprinting DNA-protein interactions in native polyacrylamide gels by chemical nucleolytic activity of 1,10-phenanthroline-copper / Athanasios G. Papavassiliou -- Determination of a transcription factor-binding site by nuclease protection footprinting onto southwestern blots / Athanasios G. Papavassiliou -- Use of a reporter gene assay in yeast for genetic analysis of DNA-protein interactions / David R. Setzer ... [et al.] -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation in mammalian cells / Amy Svotelis, Nicolas Gévry, and Luc Gaudreau -- Sequential chromatin immunoprecipitation protocol : ChIP-reChIP / Mayra Furlan-Magaril, Héctor Rincón-Arano, and Félix Recillas-Targa -- Profiling genome-wide histone modifications and variants by ChIP-chip on tiling microarrays in S. cerevisiae / Alain R. Bataille and François Robert -- Nucleosome mapping / Nicolas Gévry ... [et al.] -- In cellulo DNA analysis (LMPCR footprinting) / Régen Drouin ... [et al.] -- Atomic force microscopy imaging and probing of DNA, proteins, and protein DNA complexes : silatrane surface chemistry / Yuri L. Lyubchenko, Luda S. Shlyakhtenko, and Alexander A. Gall -- Two-dimensional crystallisation of soluble protein complexes / Patrick Schultz, Corinne Crucifix, and Luc Lebeau -- Assays for transcription factor activity / Douglas Browning ... [et al.] -- Ultraviolet crosslinking of DNA protein complexes via 8-azidoadenine / Rainer Meffert ... [et al.] -- Static and kinetic site-specific protein-DNA photocrosslinking : analysis of bacterial transcription initiation complexes / Nikolai Naryshkin ... [et al.] -- Use of site-specific protein-DNA photocrosslinking of purified complexes to analyze the topology of the RNA polymerase II transcription initiation complex / Diane Forget, Céline Domecq, and Benoit Coulombe -- Site-directed DNA crosslinking of large multisubunit protein-DNA complexes / Jim Persinger and Blaine Bartholomew -- Functional studies of DNA-protein interactions using FRET techniques / Simon Blouin ... [et al.] -- Single-molecule FRET analysis of protein-DNA complexes / Mike Heilemann ... [et al.] -- Analysis of DNA supercoiling induced by DNA-protein interactions / David J. Clark and Benoît Leblanc -- The cruciform DNA mobility shift assay : a tool to study proteins that recognize bent DNA / Victor Y. Stefanovsky and Tom Moss -- Plasmid vectors for the analysis of protein-induced DNA bending / Christian Zwieb and Sankar Adhya -- Analysis of distant communication on defined chromatin templates in vitro / Yury S. Polikanov and Vasily M. Studitsky -- A competition assay for DNA binding using the fluorescent probe ANS / Ian A. Taylor and G. Geoff Kneale -- Fluorescence spectroscopy and anisotropy in the analysis of DNA-protein interactions / Rosy Favicchio ... [et al.] -- Circular dichroism for the analysis of protein-DNA interactions / P.D. Cary and G. Geoff Kneale -- Defining the thermodynamics of protein/DNA complexes and their components using micro-calorimetry / Colyn Crane-Robinson, Anatoly I. Dragan, and Christopher M. Read -- Surface plasmon resonance assays of DNA-protein interactions / Peter G. Stockley and Björn Persson.
- Do seizures damage the brain. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Doctor in literature 2005Print Material
- Doctoring freedom 2012, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialWhen the slaves got sick : antebellum medical practice -- Sickness rages fearfully among them : a wartime medical crisis and its implications -- We have come out like men : African American military medical care -- We have come to a conclusion to bind ourselves together : African American associations and medical care -- No license; nor no deplomer : regulating private medical practice and public space -- By nature specially fitted for the care of the sufferer : black doctors, nurses, and patients after the war.
- Doctoring the novel 2012, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialFalse professions : defining orthodoxy and quackery -- Orthodoxy or quackery? Anatomy in 'Frankenstein' -- Doctoring in 'Little Dorrit' and 'Bleak house' -- Legerdemain and the physician in Charlotte Brontë's 'Villette' -- Poisons and the poisonous in Wilkie Collins's 'Armadale' -- The Quackery of Arthur Conan Doyle -- The In-laws: orthodoxy and quackery in 'Vernon Galbray'.
- Doctoring the South SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialOffering a new perspective on medical progress in the 19th century, Stowe provides an in-depth study of the mid-century culture of everyday medicine in the south. He illuminates an entire world of sickness and remedy, suffering and hope, and the deep ties between medicine and regional culture.
- Print Material
- Doctors of another calling Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialThe medical profession is rich in those who have made names for themselves outside of medicine. The fields of literature, exploration, business, sport, entertainment, and beyond abound with doctors whose interests lie outside medicine. This book, largely written by members of the medical profession, examines the efforts of doctors in non-medical fields. The doctors discussed here are those who are, or were, well-known to the public for their contributions to their non-medical fields of choice. In many cases, the public may have been unaware that a subject was medically qualified. This book provides wide-ranging and comprehensive biographical sketches of forty-two doctors who are best known to the public for their contributions to fields outside of medicine.--Back cover.
- Dog and its genome SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Doing Bayesian data analysis 2011, ProQuest SafariThis book's organization : read me first! -- Introduction : models we believe in -- What is this stuff called probability? -- Bayes' rule -- Inferring a binomial proportion via exact mathematical analysis -- Inferring a binomial proportion via grid approximation -- Inferring a binomial proportion via the Metropolis algorithm -- Inferring two binomial proportions via Gibbs sampling -- Bernoulli likelihood with hierarchical prior -- Hierarchical modeling and model comparison -- Null hypothesis significance testing -- Bayesian approaches to testing a point ("null") hypothesis -- Goals, power, and sample size -- Overview of the generalized linear model -- Metric predicted variable on a single group -- Metric predicted variable with one metric predictor -- Metric predicted variable with multiple metric predictors -- Metric predicted variable with one nominal predictor -- Metric predicted variable with multiple nominal predictors -- Dichotomous predicted variable -- Ordinal predicted variable -- Contingency table analysis -- Tools in the trunk.
- Doing cross-cultural research 2008, Springer
- Doing right. 2nd ed. 2009Print MaterialEthics matters: principles and ethically sound medicine -- Almost revolution: autonomy and patient-based care -- No man an island: confidentiality and trust -- Power to heal: truth, lies, and deception in clinical practice -- Power to choose: due care and informed consent -- Waning and waxing self: capacity and incapacity in medical care -- Helping and not harming: beneficience and non-maleficence -- Conduct becoming: medical professionalism and managing error -- Beyond the patient: doing justice in medical care -- Labour pains: ethics and new life -- Dark wood: end-of-life decisions.
- Print Material
- Domestic violence 2008, CRCnetBASEIntroduction -- Domestic violence and violent behavior in general -- Battered statistics harm all victims -- Dating abuse -- The California conundrum : keeping the promise -- Rape and sexual assault -- Mandatory domestic violence arrest policies -- The Colorado star chamber -- Ain't I a victim -- In memoriam -- Rethinking victimization -- Afterword.
- Dopamine 2005, ScienceDirect
- Dopamine and glutamate in psychiatric disorders 2005, SpringerI. Dopamine -- Dopamine Receptors / Kim A. Neve -- Dopamine Receptor Alternative Splicing / Neil M. Richtand, Laurel M. Pritchard and Lique M. Coolen -- II. Glutamate -- Glutamatergic Pathways : Their Relevance for Psychiatric Diseases / Yoland Smith -- Glutamate Receptors : Ionotropic / Daniel T. Monaghan, Julia C. A. More, Bihua Feng and David E. Jane -- Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors / Krystyna Ossowska -- III. Schizophrenia -- Dopamine and Schizophrenia / Bart A. Ellenbroek -- Glutamate and Schizophrenia and the N-Methyl-d-Aspartate Receptor Hypofunction Hypothesis / Stefan Bleich and Johannes Kornhuber -- Role of Glycine in Schizophrenia / Beate D. Kretschmer -- IV. Depression -- Dopamine and Depression / Phil Skolnick -- Glutamate and Depression / Joaquín Del Río and Diana Frechilla -- V. Stress and Aggression -- Dopamine, Glutamate, and Aggression / Klaus A. Miczek and Eric W. Fish -- VI. Anxiety -- Glutamatergic Systems and Anxiety / David N. Stephens -- VII. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder -- Dopamine and Glutamate in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder / James M. Swanson, Nora D. Volkow, Jeffrey Newcorn, B. J. Casey and Robert Moyzis, et al. -- VIII. Addiction -- Dopamine-Glutamate Interactions in Reward-Related Incentive Learning / Richard J. Beninger and Todor V. Gerdjikov -- Sensitization and Relapse : Dopamine-Glutamate Interactions / David A. Baker and Peter W. Kalivas -- Glutamatergic Neurotransmission in Sensitization / Thomas M. Tzschentke -- Glutamatergic Mechanisms of Drug Relapse : Withdrawal and Conditioning Factors / Anton Y. Bespalov and Robert L. Balster -- IX. Neurodegeneration -- Dopamine and Neurodegeneration / Gabriele Gille and Peter Riederer -- Glutamate and Neurodegeneration / Antonello Novelli, Marcos Pérez-Basterrechea and Maria Teresa Fernández-Sánchez -- X. Parkinson's Disease -- Presymptomatic and Symptomatic Stages of Intracerebral Inclusion Body Pathology in Idiopathic Parkinson's Disease / Heiko Braak and Kelly Del Tredici -- Dopamine and Glutamate in Parkinson's Disease : Biochemistry, Clinical Aspects, and Treatment / Heinz Reichmann, Bernd Janetzky and Peter Riederer -- Dopamine and Glutamate in Motor and Cognitive Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease / Werner J. Schmidt -- XI. Huntington's Disease -- Dopamine and Glutamate in Huntington's Disease / Carlos Cepeda, Marjorie A. Ariano and Michael S. Levine -- XII. Dementias -- Dopaminergic and Glutamatergic Systems in Alzheimer's Disease / Paul T. Francis.
- Dahlin's Bone tumors. 6th ed. — Developing insights in cartilage repair (173)
- Developing probiotics as food and drugs — Dietary protein and resistance exercise (173)
- Dietary proteins and atherosclerosis — Dopamine and glutamate in psychiatric disorders (173)
- Dopamine receptors. 2nd ed. — Dystonia 4 (172)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases