BAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Bone morphogenetic proteins 2006, Springer
- Print Material
- Bone pathology. 2nd ed. 2009, SpringerBone structure, development and bone biology -- Structure and function of joints -- Biomechanics: part I -- Biomechanics: part II -- Laboratory in orthopedic practice -- Genetics and molecular biology of bone and soft tissue tumors -- Grossing of bone and soft tissue (common specimens and procedures) -- Bone histomorphometry and undecalcified sections -- Radiology of the musculoskeletal system -- Skeletal trauma and common orthopedic problems -- Surgical pathology of bone infections -- Arthropathies -- Surgical pathology of prosthetic materials -- Osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease -- Inherited and dysplastic conditions of the skeleton -- Musculoskeletal neoplasms: an introduction -- Medical management of sarcomas -- Radiation therapy for sarcomas -- Surgical pathology of bone tumors and tumor-like lesions -- Tumors of soft tissue.
- Bone quantitative ultrasound 2011, Springer
- Bone regeneration and repair 2005, SpringerBone dynamics: morphogenesis, growth modeling, and remodeling / Jeffrey O. Hollinger -- Fracture repair / Charles Sfeir ... [et al.] -- Common molecular mechanisms regulating fetal bone formation and adult fracture repair / Theodore Miclau ... [et al.] -- Biology of bone grafts / Victor M. Goldberg and Sam Akhavan -- Cell-based strategies for bone regeneration: from developmental biology to clinical therapy / Scott P. Bruder and Tony Scaduto -- Biology of the vascularized fibular graft / Elizabeth Joneschild and James R. Urbaniak -- Growth factors and osteogenesis / Stephen B. Trippel -- Bone grafts and bone graft substitutes / Doug Sutherland and Mathias Bostrom --Gene transfer approaches to enhancing bone healing / Oliver Betz ... [et al.] -- Bone morphogenic proteins and other growth factors to enhance fracture healing and treatment of nonunions / Calin S. Moucha and Thomas A. Einhorn -- The Ilizarov technique for bone regeneration and repair / James Aronson -- Spinal fusion: biology and clinical applications / K. Craig Boatright and Scott D. Boden -- Bone allograft transplantation: theory and practice / Henry J. Mankin ... [et al.] -- Bone grafting for total joint arthroplasty: biology and clinical applications / Moussa Hamadouche and Daniel J. Berry -- Biophysical stimulation using electrical, electromagnetic, and ultrasonic fields: effects on fracture healing and spinal fusion / James T. Ryaby -- Vascularized fibula grafts: clinical applications / Richard S. Gilbert and Scott W. Wolfe -- Craniofacial repair / Bruce A. Doll ... [et al.] -- Bone regeneration techniques in the orofacial region / Samuel E. Lynch.
- Bone resorption 2005, SpringerOsteoclast: origin and differentiation /Janet Rubin and Edward M. Greenfield --Osteolytic enzymes of osteoclasts /Merry Jo Oursler --Regulation of osteoclast activity /Roland Baron and William C. Horne --Structural aspects of bone resorption /Steven D. Bain and Ted S. Gross --Inflammatory cytokines /Mark S. Nanes and Roberto Pacifici --Genetics and mutations affecting osteoclast development and function /Mark C. Horowitz, Melissa A. Kacena, Joseph A. Lorenzo --Clinical disorders associated with alterations in bone resorption /Janet Rubin and Mark S. Nanes --Pharmaceuticals for bone disease targeting the osteoclast /Lorraine A. Fitzpatrick --Skeletal complications of malignancy: central role for the osteoclast /Gregory A. Clines, John M. Chirgwin, Theresa A. Guise.
- Bone sarcoma 2013, SpringerMultidisciplinary approach to the management of sarcomas of bone /Bryan S. Moon --Bone sarcoma imaging /John E. Madewell ... [et al.] --Percutaneous image-guided biopsy for diagnosis of bone sarcomas /Kamran Ahrar --Orthopedic oncologic surgical specimen management and surgical pathology /A. Kevin Raymond and Alexander J. Lazar --Osteosarcoma /Patrick P. Lin and Shreyaskumar Patel --Ewing sarcoma /Patrick P. Lin ... [et al.] --Chondrosarco /Alan W. Yasko, Vinod Ravi, and Ashleigh Guadagnolo --Rare bone sarcomas /Valerae O. Lewis ... [et al.] --Skeletal reconstruction after bone sarcoma resection /Christopher P. Cannon and David W. Chang --Soft tissue reconstruction after bone sarcoma resection /Scott D. Oates --Bone sarcomas in the growing child /Valerae O. Lewis and David W. Chang --Perioperative management of patients with bone sarcomas /Janie Rutledge, Mark S. Pilarczyk, and Alan W. Yasko --Rehabilitation in orthopedic oncology /Benedict Konzen and Christopher P. Cannon --Follow-up evaluation and surveillance after treatment of bone sarcomas /Colleen M. Costelloe and Patrick P. Lin.
- Bone tissue engineering 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Bone tumors 2012, SpringerIntroduction to Bone Tumors --How to Evaluate a Bone Lesion --Imaging Modalities --Cartilage Tumors --Osseous Tumors --Fibrous Tumors --Miscellaneous Tumors --Bone Metastases --Bone Tumor Mimickers --Cases.
- Bone-metabolic functions and modulators 2012, SpringerParathyroid Hormone and Parathyroid-Hormone-Related Protein: Normal Function, Diseases, and Emerging Therapeutics / Ling Qin and Nicola C. Partridge -- Vitamin D: Normal Function, Metabolism, Diseases, and Emerging Therapeutics / René St-Arnaud and Marie B. Demay -- Gonadal Hormones, Diseases, and Emerging Therapeutics / Faryal S. Mirza, Liam Zakko and Pamela Taxel -- Thyroid and Thyroid Hormone: Normal Function, Diseases, Disorders, Emerging Therapeutics / Paula H. Stern -- Pituitary Hormones and the Pathophysiology of Osteoporosis / Manasi Agrawal, Shitij Arora, Graziana Colaianni, Li Sun and Jameel Z. Iqbal, [et al.] -- Calcitonin: Its Physiological Role and Emerging Therapeutics / Jillian Cornish, Dorit Naot and T. John Martin -- Glucocorticoids, Inflammation, and Bone / Kong Wah Ng and T. John Martin -- Diseases of Energy and Lipid Metabolism and Bone: Emerging Therapeutics / Sumithra K. Urs and Clifford J. Rosen -- Diseases of Mineral Metabolism and Bone: Emerging Therapeutics for Postmenopausal Osteoporosiss / Paul D. Miller -- Renal Diseases and Bone: Emerging Therapeutics / Nancy S. Krieger and David A. Bushinsky -- Wasting Diseases and Metabolic Impact on Bone: Emerging Therapeutics and Treatment Options / Linda A. DiMeglio -- Paget's Disease of Bone: Pathogenesis and Treatment / Frederick R. Singer and G. David Roodman -- Bone Loss in Space Flight and Countermeasures /; Adrian D. LeBlanc, Elisabeth R. Spector and Victor S. Schneider --; Osteoimmunology: Relation to Disease and Therapy /; M. Neale Weitzmann and Roberto Pacifici -- Bone and the Ear / Kathleen C. Horner -- Bone and the cAMP Signaling Pathway: Emerging Therapeutics / Paul M. Epstein -- Nervous System Diseases, Disorders, and Bone: Emerging Therapeutics and Treatment Options / Mary F. Barbe and Steven N. Popoff.
- Bones and cartilage 2005, ScienceDirect
- Bones, stones, and molecules 2004, ScienceDirectIntroduction -- Evolution of the Miocene great apes -- Later Miocene and Pliocene hominids -- Our kind of hominins -- A systematic scheme for the Pliocene and Early Pleistocene hominids -- The first African exodus : the emergence of early homo in Europe and Asia -- Human evolution in the Middle Pleistocene -- "The grisly folk" : the emergence of the Neanderthals -- The second African exodus : the emergence of modern humans -- The emergence of modern humans in Asia and in Australia -- Epilogue.
- Bonica's Management of pain. 3rd ed. 2001, Ovid
- Bonobos 2008, SpringerThe bonobo's adaptive potential : social relations under captive conditions / Jeroen M.G. Stevens, Hilde Vervaecke and Linda Van Elsacker -- What does agonistic dominance imply in bonobos? / Tommaso Paoli and Elisabetta Palagi -- Social play in bonobos : not only an immature matter / Elisabetta Palagi and Tommaso Paoli -- Gestures and multimodal signaling in bonobos / Amy S. Pollick, Annette Jeneson and Frans B.M. de Waal -- Longitudinal structure of a unit-group of bonobos : male philopatry and possible fusion of unit-groups / Chie Hashimoto ... [et al.] -- Seasonal changes in fruit production and party size of bonobos at Wamba / Mbangi Mulavwa ... [et al.] -- Relationships among fruit abundance, ranging rate, and party size and composition of bonobos at Wamba / Takeshi Furuichi ... [et al.] -- Bonobo (Pan paniscus) density estimation in the SW-Salonga National Park, Democratic Republic of Congo : common methodology revisited / Meike Mohneke and Barbara Fruth -- Ecological factors influencing bonobo density and distribution in the Salonga National Park : applications for population assessment / Gay Edwards Reinartz ... [et al.] -- Range occupation and population estimates of bonobos in the Salonga National Park : application to large-scale surveys of bonobos in the Democratic Republic of Congo / Falk Grossmann ... [et al.] -- Traditional land-use practices for bonobo conservation / Jo Myers Thompson, Lubuta Mbokoso Nestor and Richard Bovundja Kabanda -- Human hunting and its impact on bonobos in the Salonga National Park, Democratic Republic of Congo / John A. Hart ... [et al.] -- The bonobos of the Lake Tumba-Lake Maindombe hinterland : threats and opportunities for population conservation / Bila-Isia Inogwabini ... [et al.] -- Changes in the status of bonobos, their habitat, and the situation of humans at Wamba in the Luo Scientific Reserve, Democratic Republic of Congo / Gen'ichi Idani ... [et al.] -- The conservation value of Lola ya Bonobo sanctuary / Claudine André ... [et al.].
- Book of ethics 2008Print MaterialEthical foundations of substance abuse treatment / Cynthia M.A. Geppert, Laura Weiss Roberts -- The therapeutic relationship in substance abuse treatment / Jennifer Knapp Manuel, Alyssa A. Forcehimes -- The ethics of harm reduction / William R. Miller -- Ethical issues in the treatment of persons with co-occurring disorders / Christie A. Cline, Kenneth Minkoff -- Cultural and spiritual dimensions of addiction treatment / Kamilla L. Venner, Michael P. Bogenschutz -- Forensic issues in the treatment of addictions / Joseph B. Layde -- Ethical issues in the treatment of women with substance abuse / Diane T. Castillo, Ann Waldorf -- Ethical aspects of the treatment of substance abuse in children and adolescents / Jerald Belitz -- Ethical dilemmas in treating chronic pain in the context of addiction / Joanna G. Katzman, Cynthia M.A. Geppert.
- Bortezomib in the treatment of multiple myeloma 2011, SpringerMultiple Myeloma (MM) is the second most common type of blood cancer, resulting from an overproduction of cancerous infection-fighting white blood cells, known as plasma cells. Plasma cells are a crucial part of the immune system responsible for the production of antibodies. Bortezomib is a promising anticancer drug targeting the proteasome. This proteasome inhibitor induces cell stress and apoptosis in the cancer cells. While multiple mechanisms are likely to be involved, proteasome inhibition may prevent the degradation of pro-apoptotic factors, permitting activation of programmed cell death in neoplastic cells dependent upon the suppression of proapoptotic pathways. This monograph on bortezomib is a valuable source of information for researchers and clinicians from the fields of oncology and pharmacology, working either in academia or the pharmaceutical industry.
- Botulinum neurotoxins 2013, SpringerThe extremely potent substance botulinum neurotoxin (BoNT) has attracted much interest in diverse fields. Originally identified as cause for the rare but deadly disease botulism, military and terrorist intended to misuse this sophisticated molecule as biological weapon. This caused its classification as select agent category A by the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention and the listing in the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention. Later, the civilian use of BoNT as long acting peripheral muscle relaxant has turned this molecule into an indispensable pharmaceutical world wide with annual revenues >$1.5 billion.
- Botulinum toxin in aesthetic medicine 2007, Springer
- Botulinum toxin in urology 2011, Springer
- Boundaries of consciousness 2005, ScienceDirect
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Brachytherapy 2007, OvidRadiobiologic concepts for brachytherapy / Alexandra J. Stewart and Bleddyn Jones -- Technical physics support for brachytherapy / Robert A. Cormack ... [et al.] -- Head and neck brachytherapy / Peter Han ... [et al.] -- Central nervous system brachytherapy / Arnab Chakravarti, Thomas F. DeLaney, and Jay S. Loeffler -- Breast brachytherapy / Joseph R. Kelley ... [et al.] -- Thoracic brachytherapy / Subhakar Mutyala and David J. Sugarbaker -- Gastrointestinal brachytherapy / Brian G. Czito ... [et al.] -- Prostate brachytherapy / Caroline L. Holloway ... [et al.] -- Gynecologic brachytherapy / Akila N. Viswanathan and Daniel G. Petereit -- Soft tissue sarcoma brachytherapy / Chandrajit P. Raut and Michele Albert -- Vascular brachytherapy / Huan Giap and Prahbakar Tripuraneni -- Role of brachytherapy in pediatrics / Thomas E. Merchant and Matthew J. Krasin -- Establishing a brachytherapy practice / Gerard Walsh ... [et al.].
- Brain aging 2007, CRCnetBASEChanges in cognitive function in human aging / Elizabeth Glisky -- Successful versus unsuccessful cognitive aging in Rhesus monkeys / Mark B. Moss ... [et al.] -- Neuropsychology of cognitive aging in rodents / Joshua S. Rodefer -- Design-based stereology in brain aging research / Cristoph Schmitz -- The effects of normal aging on nerve fibers and neuroglia in the central nervous system / Alan Peters -- Neurogenesis in the adult and aging brain / David R. Riddle -- Expression profile analysis of brain aging / Steve Ginsberg -- Subtle alterations in glutamatergic synapses underlie the aging-related declines in hippocampal function / Lei Shi, Michelle Adams, and Judy Brunso-Bechtold -- Assessment of second messenger function in the hippocampus of aged rats with cognitive impairment / Michelle M. Nicolle, H. Zhang, Jennifer L. Bizon -- Neurophysiology of old neurons and synapses / Ashok Kumar and Thomas C. Foster -- Imaging cognition in the aging human brain / Trey Hedden -- Regulation of cerebrovascular aging / William Sonntag, Jeremy Ingraham, and Delrae Eckman -- Stress and glucocorticoid contributions to normal and pathological aging / Ki A. Goosens and Robert Sapolsky -- Altered calcium homeostasis in old neurons / Emil Toescu -- Oxidative stress in aging / Jennifer Vila and Paula C. Bickford.Changes in cognitive function in human aging / Elizabeth L. Glisky -- Successful vs. unsuccessful aging in the Rhesus monkey / Mark B. Moss ... [et al.] -- Neuropsychology of cognitive aging in rodents / Joshua S. Rodefer and Mark G. Baxter -- Design-based stereology in brain aging research / Cristoph Schmitz and Patrick R. Hof -- The effects of normal aging on nerve fibers and neuroglia in the central nervous system / Alan Peters -- Neurogenesis in the adult and aging brain / David R. Riddle and Robin J. Lichtenwalner -- Expression profile analysis of brain aging / Stephen D. Ginsberg -- Subtle alterations in glutamatergic synapses underlie the aging-related decline in hippocampal function / Lei Shi, Michelle Adams, and Judy K. Brunso-Bechtold -- Assessment of second messenger function in the hippocampus of aged rats with cognitive impairment / Michelle M. Nicolle, Hai-Yan Zhang, and Jennifer L. Bizon -- Neurophysiology of old neurons and synapses / Ashok Kumar and Thomas C. Foster -- Imaging cognition in the aging human brain / Trey Hedden -- Regulation of cerebrovascular aging / William E. Sonntag ... [et al.] -- Stress and glucocorticoid contributions to normal and pathological aging / Ki A. Goosens and Robert M. Sapolsky -- Altered calcium homeostasis in old neurons / Emil C. Toescu -- Oxidative stress and the aging brain: from theory to prevention / Carmelina Gemma ... [et al.].
- Brain aging and therapeutic interventions 2012, SpringerBrain Aging: A Critical Reappraisal / Mahendra K. Thakur, Arpita Konar, Akash Gautam -- Base Excision DNA Repair: The House Keeping Guardian for Genomic Stability in the Brain / Umakanta Swain, Kalluri Subba Rao -- Role of Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor as a Modulator of Synaptic Plasticity / Yasuyuki Ishikawa, Masami Kojima -- Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Sporadic Alzheimer's Disease: Mechanisms, Consequences and Interventions / Sasanka Chakrabarti, Maitrayee Sinha -- Brain Aging: Influence of Early-Life Events on Late-Life Brain Disorders / Debomoy K. Lahiri -- The Importance of the Environment in Brain Aging: Be Happy, Live Longer! / Mónica De la Fuente, Lorena Arranz -- Consequences of Altered Mortalin Expression in Control of Cell Proliferation and Brain Function / Renu Wadhwa, Sunil C. Kaul -- Age- Induced Alterations in Biological Clock: Therapeutic Effects of Melatonin / Anita Jagota -- Neurolipofuscin in Aging and Aluminum-Induced Aging: Possible Therapeutic Interventions / Mahdi Hasan, Sandeep Tripathi, Abbas A. Mahdi -- Dietary Restriction as a Potential Intervention to Retard Age-associated Impairment of Brain Functions / Gurcharan Kaur, Sukhwinder S. Lakhman -- Understanding Mechanism of Action of Herbal Drugs in Age Related Degenerative Brain Disorders / Maheep Bhatnagar, Ayushi Jain, Neha Jaiswal -- Neurodegeneration in Hypoxia: Implications in Aging / Kalpana Barhwal Hota, Sunil Kumar Hota -- Stress and Memory: from Mechanisms to Long-Lasting Consequences / Harmen J. Krugers, Marian Joels -- Estrogen-Mediated Neuroprotection: Hope to Combat Neuronal Degeneration and Synaptic Plasticity Post-menopause / Raj D. Mehra, Mukesh K. Varshney, Pavan Kumar -- Potential Therapeutic Targets for Improving Memory Impairments and Dementia: Clues Obtained from Memory-Enhanced Mice / Shogo Endo -- Potential Beneficial Effects of a Diet with Walnuts in Aging and Alzheimer's Disease / Abha Chauhan, Ved Chauhan -- Smart Dietary Interventions and Prevention of Cognitive Decline with Aging / S. Asha Devi -- Herbal Cognitive Enhancers: New Developments and Challenges for Therapeutic Applications / Andrea Zangara, Keith A. Wesnes.
- Brain and its self 2005, Springer
- Print Material
- Brain cancer 2010, Springer
- Brain control of wakefulness and sleep. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Brain CT scans in clinical practice 2009, Springer
- Brain cuttings 2010, ebraryThe human brain has long been a mystery, but twenty-first century science is beginning to reveal some of its inner workings. With microscopes and brain scans, with psychological experiments and breakthroughs in genetics, neuroscientists are developing new theories about every aspect of our minds--from the nature of consciousness to the causes of disorders like autism and schizophrenia. In Brain Cuttings, award-winning science writer Carl Zimmer takes readers on fascinating explorations of the frontiers of research, shedding light on our innermost existence--the speed of thought, our perception o.
- Brain death 2007, Springer
- Brain death and disorders of consciousness Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Brain death. 2nd ed. 2011Print MaterialHistory of brain death -- Neurology of brain death -- Beliefs about brain death -- Critics and brain death -- Procurement after brain death -- Clinical problems in brain death.
- Brain development in Drosophila melanogaster 2008, SpringerThe development of the Drosophila larval brain -- Anteroposterior regionalization of the brain: genetic and comparative aspects -- Dorsoventral patterning of the brain: a comparative approach -- Dissection of the embryonic brain using photoactivated gene expression -- Design of the larval chemosensory system -- Development of the Drosophila olfactory system -- The olfactory sensory map in drosophila -- Optic lobe development -- Clonal unit architecture of the adult fly brain.
- Brain diseases and metalloproteins 2012, CRCnetBASEThis book describes the latest research on neurodegenerative disease and metal-binding proteins. It lays strong emphasis on biochemistry and cell biology. The diseases covered in the book include Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, prion disease, and ALS. The chapters separately examine such issues as mechanisms of metal binding, metal-induced structural changes in proteins, alterations in cellular metal metabolism in disease, and attempts at a therapeutic approach based on protein metal binding.
- Brain disorders in critical illness 2013, Cambridge
- Brain dynamics 2007, Springer
- Brain dynamics. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Brain edema XV 2013, SpringerHistorical review -- Ischemia & hemorrhage -- Trauma (experimental) -- Trauma (clinical) -- Cerebral Hemorrhage -- Tumor -- Hydrocephalus & intracranial pressure (ICP) -- Neuromonitoring & neuroimaging -- Treatments -- Blood brain barrier, miscellaneous.
- Brain edema. XIII 2006, Springer
- Brain edema. XIV 2010, Springer
- Print Material
- Brain imaging 2008, Thieme BookTrauma -- Cerebral contusion -- Diffuse axonal injury -- Subdural hematoma (SDH) -- Epidural hematoma -- Traumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Cerebral edema -- Herniation syndromes -- Skull fracture -- Inflammation -- Multiple sclerosis (MS) -- Postinfectious encephalomyelitis (ADEM) -- Herpes simplex encephalitis -- Cerebral abscess - Meningitis -- Cerebral vasculitis -- Toxoplasmosis -- Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML) -- Tuberculosis of the CNS -- CNS cysticercosis -- Aneurysms -- Subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) -- Saccular aneurysm -- Fusiform aneurysm --Vascular malformations -- Cavernous hemangioma -- Venous dysplasia -- Capillary telangiectasia -- Pial arteriovenous malformation (AVM) -- Cranial dural arteriovenous fistula -- Variants of vascular anatomy -- Vascular compression syndromes -- Stroke -- Ischemic brain infarction -- Cerebral microangiopathy -- Primary intracerebral hemorrhage --- Amyloid angiopathy -- Vascular dissection -- Impaired venous drainage -- Diffuse hypoxic brain damage -- Tumors -- Meningioma - Higher grade gliomas -- Brain metastasis -- Low-grade astrocytoma -- Primary CNS lymphoma -- Sellar masses -- Nerve sheath tumors -- Oligodendroglioma -- Pilocytic astrocytoma -- Medulloblastoma -- Pineal tumors -- Epidermoid -- Embryonal tumors -- Ependymoma -- Glioneuronal tumors -- Hemangioblastoma -- Gilomatosis cerebri --Choroid plexus papilloma -- Cysts -- Arachnoid cyst -- Virchow-Robin spaces -- Pineal cyst -- Colloid cyst -- Rathke cleft cyst -- Choroid plexus cyst -- Meninges -- Meningeal carcinomatosis -- Reactive memingeal enhancement -- CNS sarcoidosis -- Ventricles and cisterns -- Obstructive hydrocephalus -- Idiopathic normal-pressure hyudrocephalus -- Pseudotumor cerebri -- Leukoencephalopathies -- Wallerian degeneration -- Alzheimer disease -- Central pontine myelinolysis -- Toxic leukoencephalopathies -- Reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy -- Multiple system atrophy -- Wilson Disease -- Hepatic encephalopathy -- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) -- Wernicke encephhalopathy -- Superficial siderosis of the brain -- Congenital malformations -- Chiari malformations -- Defective migration -- Anomalies of the corpus callosum -- Dandy-Walker complex -- Periventricular leukomalacia (PVL) -- Neurofibromatosis type 1 (Von Recklinghausen Disease) -- Neurofibromatosis type II -- Tuberous sclerosis (Bourneville-Pringle Disease) -- Sturge-Weber Syndrome -- Von Hippel-Lindau Syndrome -- Holoprosencephaly -- Artifacts in MRI -- Postoperative changes.
- Brain imaging in behavioral medicine and clinical neuroscience: an introduction -- Basic MR physics: considerations for behavioral medicine and neurophysiology -- Functional magnetic resonance imaging -- Diffusion-tensor imaging and behavioral medicine -- Perfusion MRI -- Proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy: a practical guide for the clinical neuroscientist -- Functional near-infrared spectroscopy -- Methodological considerations for using bold fMRI in the clinical neurosciences -- Application of functional neuroimaging to examination of nicotine dependence -- Relationship between mood, stress, and tobacco smoking -- Imaging substance use and misuse: psychostimulants -- Eating disorders -- Structural and functional neuroimaging in obesity -- Neuropsychology and neuroimaging in metabolic dysfunction -- Neuroimaging of cardiovascular disease -- Exercise and the brain -- Neuroimaging of pain: a psychosocial perspective -- Neuroimaging in acute ischemic stroke -- Neuroimaging of Alzheimer's disease, mild cognitive impairment, and other dementias -- Application of neuroimaging methods to define cognitive and brain abnormalities associated with HIV -- Neuroimaging and cognitive function in multiple sclerosis -- Neuroimaging of fatigue -- Brain imaging in behavioral medicine and clinical neuroscience: synthesis.
- Brain imaging in behavioral neuroscience 2012, Springer
- Brain imaging. 2nd Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Print Material
- Brain immune system signal molecules in protection from aerobic and anaerobic infections 2012, SpringerThe Cytokine System --The Discovery of the Brain Immunomodulators --Brain Neuroendocrine Immune System: Neurosecretion of Interleukins and New Cytokines Produced by NSO and NPV of Hypothalamus --Antibacterial and Antiviral Activity of PRP-1 (Galarmin) and Some Immunological Mechanisms of its Action --Treatment and Prophylaxis of Anthrax by Galarmin: Receptor Tyrosine Kinases is a Target of Galarmin --Prophylaxis and Treatment of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) Infection with Proline-Rich Polypeptides Galarmin and Its Structural Analogues in an Experimental Murine Model --Treatment of Clostridium Perfringens-induced Gas Gangrene by New Cytokines of Brain --Hypothalamic, Proline-Rich Polypeptide (Galarmin) has Protective and Immunogenic Activity on Experimental Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Infection --Brain-Bone Marrow Neurohumoral Axis: Galarmin Controls Differentiation, Proliferation and Mobilization of Bone Marrow Progenitor cells --Antioxidant-Antiradical and Electron Donating Function of Galarmin and Gx-NH2 --Discussion --Summary.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Brain inspired cognitive systems, 2010, Springer
- Brain lipids and disorders in biological psychiatry. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Brain literacy for educators and psychologists 2002, ScienceDirectpt. 1.What educators need to know about the brain --1.Introduction and conceptual foundations --2.General principles of microstructure and microfunction --3.General principles of macrostructure and macrofunction --4.General principles of brain development --pt. 2.Linking brain research to literacy research --5.Building a reading brain neurologically --6.Building a writing brain neurologically --7.Building a computing brain neurologically --pt. 3.Linking literacy research to brain research --8.Building a reading brain pedagogically --9.Building a writing brain pedagogically --10.Building a computing brain pedagogically --pt. 4.Educational applications of brain-literacy links --11.Implications for educational policy --12.Implications for classroom practice.
- Brain machine interfaces. Implications for science, clinical practice and society 2011, ScienceDirectMaking the lifetime connection between brain and machine for restoring and enhancing function -- Out of the frying pan into the fire: the P300-based BCI faces real-world challenges -- Toward a whole-body neuroprosthetic -- Biocompatible multichannel electrodes for long-term neurophysiological studies and clinical therapy: novel concepts and design -- Deep brain stimulation: BCI at large, where are we going to? -- Deep brain stimulation: emerging indications -- Development of neuromodulation treatments in a large animal model: Do neurosurgeons dream of electric pigs? -- Few examples of the contribution of animal research in rodents for clinical application of deep brain stimulation -- Cochlear implants: matching the prosthesis to the brain and facilitating desired plastic changes in brain function -- Multimodal, longitudinal assessment of intracortical microstimulation -- Functional consequences of chronic, physiologically effective intracortical microstimulation -- Reducting surface area while maintaining implant penetrating profile lowers the brain foreign body response to chronically implanted planar silicon microelectrode arrays -- Can histology solve the riddle of the nonfunctioning electrode? Factors influencing the biocompatibility of brain machine interfaces -- Changes in CNS structures after spinal cord lesions: implications for BMI -- Modeling the potentiality of spinal-like circuitry for stabilization of a planar arm system -- Advances in the use of electrical stimulation for the recovery of motor function -- Intraspinal microstimulation for the recovery of function following spinal cord injury -- Interfacing neurons with carbon nanotubes: (re)engineering neuronal signaling -- Nanomodified surfaces and neurite outgrowth -- Direct local polymerization of poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) in rat cortex.
- Brain mapping 2011, Springer
- Brain mapping. 2nd ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Brain mechanisms for the integration of posture and movement. 1st ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Brain metastases 2007, Springer
- Print Material
- Brain protection in cardiac surgery 2011, SpringerMolecular and biochemical basis of brain injury following heart surgery: interventions for the future -- Cardiopulmonary bypass circuit and the brain -- Neurological and cognitive sequelae of cardiac surgery -- Neurocognitive decline following cardiac surgery: incidence, risk factors, prevention, and outcomes -- Neuropathology of brain injury in cardiac surgery -- Biochemical markers of brain injury -- Pitfalls of neuropsychometric assessment and alternative investigative approaches -- Imaging of the brain in cardiac surgery as a tool in brain protection studies -- Current techniques of emboli detection and their utility in brain protection studies -- Intraoperative brain monitoring in cardiac surgery -- Near-infrared spectroscopy monitoring in cardiac surgery: theory, practice, and utility -- The design and methodology of clinical studies on neuroprotection in cardiac surgery -- Temperature and brain protection in cardiac surgery -- Studies of nonpharmacological interventions to reduce brain injury -- Pharmacological studies to reduce brain injury in cardiac surgery -- Off-pump and on-pump coronary artery surgery and the brain -- Experimental basis and clinical studies of brain protection in pediatric heart surgery -- Experimental basis and clinical studies of brain protection in aortic arch surgery -- The future of brain protection in cardiac surgery.
- Front Matter -- Colour Plates -- Descriptive Aspects. Concept of Schizophrenia: Past, Present, and Future / Nancy C Andreasen -- The Schizophrenia Construct: Symptomatic Presentation / Celso Arango, William T Carpenter -- Child and Adolescent Schizophrenia / Chris Hollis, Judith Rapoport -- Late-Onset Schizophrenia / Robert Howard, Dilip Jeste -- The Schizophrenia Spectrum Personality Disorders / Eran Chemerinski, Larry J Siever -- The Prodrome of Schizophrenia / Jean Addington, Sh̥n W Lewis -- Course and Outcome / Wolfram an der Heiden, Heinz H̃fner -- Neurocognitive Impairments in Schizophrenia: Their Character and Role in Symptom Formation / Terry E Goldberg, Anthony David, James M Gold -- Biological Aspects. The Secondary Schizophrenias / Thomas M Hyde, Maria A Ron -- Schizophrenia: The Epidemiological Horizon / Assen Jablensky, James B Kirkbride, Peter B Jones -- Environmental Risk Factors for Schizophrenia / John J McGrath, Robin M Murray -- Classical Genetic Studies of Schizophrenia / Brien Riley, Kenneth S Kendler -- Genetic Associations in Schizophrenia / Michael C O'Donovan, Michael J Owen -- Intermediate Phenotypes in Genetic Studies of Schizophrenia / Michael F Egan, Tyrone D Cannon -- Electrophysiology of Schizophrenia / Georg Winterer, Robert W McCarley -- Structural Brain Imaging in Schizophrenia and Related Populations / Stephen M Lawrie, Christos Pantelis -- Functional Brain Imaging in Schizophrenia / Andreas Meyer-Lindenberg, Edward T Bullmore -- Neuropathology of Schizophrenia / Paul J Harrison, David A Lewis, Joel E Kleinman -- Neurodevelopmental Origins of Schizophrenia / Daniel R Weinberger, Pat Levitt -- Dopamine and Schizophrenia / Anissa Abi-Dargham, Anthony A Grace -- Contributions of Glutamate and GABA Systems to the Neurobiology and Treatment of Schizophrenia / John H Krystal, Bita Moghaddam -- Animal Models of Schizophrenia / Barbara K Lipska, Joseph A Gogos -- Physical Treatments. Pharmacology and Neuroscience of Antipsychotic Drugs / John L Waddington, Colm M P O'Tuathaigh, Gary J Remington -- Principles of Pharmacological Treatment in Schizophrenia / Thomas R E Barnes, Stephen R Marder -- Comparative Efficacy and Effectiveness in the Drug Treatment of Schizophrenia / John R Geddes, T Scott Stroup, Jeffrey A Lieberman -- Approaches to Treatment-Resistant Patients / Stephan Leucht, Christoph U Correll, John M Kane -- Neurological Complications of Antipsychotic Drugs / Peter M Haddad, Venkata S Mattay -- Metabolic Adverse Effects Associated with Antipsychotic Medications / John W Newcomer, Stefan Leucht -- Psychosocial Aspects. Schizophrenia and Psychosocial Stresses / Paul E Bebbington, Elizabeth Kuipers -- Mental Health Services for Patients with Schizophrenia / Tom Burns, Bob Drake -- Societal Outcomes in Schizophrenia / Iain Kooyman, Elizabeth Walsh -- Psychological Treatment of Psychosis / Gillian Haddock, Will Spaulding -- Economics of the Treatment of Schizophrenia / Nancy H Covell, Susan M Essock, Linda K Frisman -- Index.
- Brain repair 2006, SpringerCell cycle activation in neurons: the final exit of brain-morpho-dysregulation / Thomas Arendt -- Paved with good intentions: the link between cell cycle and cell death in the mammalian central nervous system / Yan Yang and Karl Herrup -- The role of presenilins in the cell cycle and apoptosis / Mervyn J. Monteiro -- Cell cycle activation and cell death in the nervous system / Zsuzsanna Nagy -- Cell cycle and chromosome segregation defects in Alzheimer's disease / Huntington Potter -- Alzheimer disease: a new beginning or a final exit? / Mark E. Obrenovich ... [et al.] -- From cell cycle activation to the inhibition of the Wnt pathway: a hypothesis of how neurons die in response to b-Amyloid / Agata Copani ... [et al.].
- Print Material
- Brain stimulation-- handbook of clinical neurology 2013, ScienceDirectThe field of brain stimulation is expanding rapidly, with techniques such as DBS, TMS, and tDCS moving from the research community into clinical diagnosis and treatment. Clinical applications include treating disorders such as Parkinson's disease, dystonia, and even depression. The chapters of Brain Stimulation are written by leading international researchers and clinical specialists include coverage of techniques, modes of action and applications in physiology and therapeutics. The combination of research and clinical coverage will be of interest to neurologists, neurosurgeons, psychiatrists, neuroscientists, and health care workers. A comprehensive introduction and overview of deep brain stimulation (DBS)Coverage of DBS, transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) and transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS)Details the basic science and research utility of DBS and clinical application.
- Brain structure and its origins 2014, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material"This introduction to the structure of the central nervous system demonstrates that the best way to learn how the brain is put together is to understand something about why. It explains why the brain is put together as it is by describing basic functions and key aspects of its evolution and development. This approach makes the structure of the brain and spinal cord more comprehensible as well as more interesting and memorable. The book offers a detailed outline of the neuroanatomy of vertebrates, especially mammals, that equips students for further explorations of the field. Gaining familiarity with neuroanatomy requires multiple exposures to the material with many incremental additions and reviews. Thus the early chapters of this book tell the story of the brain's origins in a first run-through of the entire system; this is followed by other such surveys in succeeding chapters, each from a different angle. The book proceeds from basic aspects of nerve cells and their physiology to the evolutionary beginnings of the nervous system to differentiation and development, motor and sensory systems, and the structure and function of the main parts of the brain. Along the way, it makes enlightening connections to evolutionary history and individual development. Brain Structure and Its Origins can be used for advanced undergraduate or beginning graduate classes in neuroscience, biology, psychology, and related fields, or as a reference for researchers and others who want to know more about the brain." -- Publisher's description.
- Brain supremacy. 1st ed. 2012, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialIntroducing the brain supremacy -- The many powers of science -- Could we read minds? -- Bring on the designer minds? -- Seeing the brain through many eyes -- To physics, with thanks -- The subatomic chorus -- When currents flow -- Neuroscience goes quantum -- Poke it and see what happens -- Poking people -- Chemical control -- Tweaking genes -- The problems of neurotech -- Creating the brain supremacy.
- Brain takes shape 2004Print Material
- Brain theory from a circuits and systems perspective 2013, SpringerBrain Theory From A Circuits And Systems Perspective offers a theory of human consciousness as a natural result of pulsating neurons and synapses within a complex circuit. The book summarizes the electrical, as opposed to the chemical, nature of a brain, and so moves away from customary molecular biology- and biochemistry-focused explanations for consciousness. The book goes beyond the usual structures of artificial neural networks; employing first principles, a particular physical system is synthesized for conscious short term memory, as well as for associative (subconsciously edited) long term memory. It pursues the search for deeper computational power: Where ordinary concepts of logic fail to explain inspired choices concerning artistic appraisal, truth judgment, and understanding, pulsating qubit logic unleashes a fresh avenue for connectivity. Neuroquantology is discussed, including electron tunneling as a regulator of neural actions, and proposed quantum computing within microtubules. This thought provoking work led the author to reveal neurons with qubit properties, or simulated qubits. Simulated qubits do not require a coherent quantum system, and so remain robust for massively parallel controlled toggling and probabilistic computations. Brain Theory From A Circuits And Systems Perspective is supported with physical circuit examples, end-of-chapter exercises, and neuron simulation experiments, and will be valuable to anyone interested in neuro-circuits, neuro-systems and qubits.
- Brain tumor pathology 2006, Springer
- Brain tumors 2005, SpringerEpidemiology of brain tumors / Randa El-Zein, Melissa Bondy, and Margaret Wrensch -- Molecular genetics of tumors of the central nervous system / C. David James -- Molecular pathology of nervous system tumors / Catherine L. Nutt ... [et al.] -- Genetic modeling of glioma formation in mice / Martin Begemann ... [et al.] -- Biology of brain metastasis / Minsoo Kang ... [et al.] -- Analysis of neural precursor cells in the context of origin of brain tumors, their treatment, and repair of treatment-associated damage / Mark Noble and Joerg Dietrich -- Biology of primitive neuroectodermal tumors / John R. Hill, Shoichiro Ohta, and Mark A. Israel -- Molecular and cellular biology of the blood-brain barrier and its characteristics in brain tumors / Helga E. de Vries ... [et al.] -- Immune regulation in the brain : lessons from autoimmunity and implications for brain tumor therapy / Lois A. Lampson -- Genetic pathways in the evolution of gliomas / Hiroko Ohgaki and Paul Kleihues -- DNA damage and repair in the therapeutic response of tumors of the central nervous system / Henry S. Friedman, M. Eileen Dolan, and Francis Ali-Osman -- Role of urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor in human glioma invasion / Sanjeeva Mohanam and Jasti S. Rao -- Regulation of the cell cycle and apoptosis in human brain tumors / Juan Fueyo, Candelaria Gomez-Manzano, and Timothy J. McDonnell -- Systemic chemotherapy for metastatic tumors of the central nervous system / Charles A. Conrad and W.K. Alfred Yung -- Radiation biology and therapy of tumors of the central nervous system / Nalin Gupta ... [et al.] -- Advances in the management of cerebral metastases / Fadi Hanbali and Raymond Sawaya -- Immunotherapy of central nervous system tumors: contemporary cancer research / Amy B. Heimberger ... [et al.] -- Targeting drugs to tumors of the central nervous system / Maciej S. Lesniak, James Frazier, and Henry Brem -- Rational design and development of targeted brain tumor therapeutics / Francis Ali-Osman ... [et al.].
- Brain tumors. 3rd ed. / 2011, ScienceDirectMeet the increasing need for effective brain tumor management with the highly anticipated revision of Brain Tumors by Drs. Andrew H. Kaye and Edward R. Laws. Over the past decade, enormous advances have been made in both the diagnosis and the surgical and radiotherapeutic management of brain tumors. This new edition guides you through the latest developments in the field, including hot topics like malignant gliomas, functional brain mapping, neurogenetics and the molecular biology of brain tumors, and biologic and gene therapy. You'll also have easy access to the complete contents online, with links to PubMed and a downloadable image library, at www.expertconsult.com. Benefit from the knowledge and experience of Drs. Andrew H. Kaye and Edward R. Laws, globally recognized experts in the field of neurosurgery, as well as many other world authorities.
- Brain's eye. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirectSect. ISaccadic eye movements /section editor, D.P. Munoz --1.Vying for dominance: dynamic interactions control visual fixation and saccadic initiation in the superior colliculus --2.Neural control of saccades --3.The latency of saccades toward auditory targets in humans --4.Contribution of the primate prefrontal cortex to the gap effect --5.Influence of stimulus characteristics on the latency of saccadic inhibition --6.Commentary: Saccadic eye movements: overview of neural circuitry --Sect. II.Change blindness and transsaccadic integration /section editor, J. Hyönä --7.Converging evidence for the detection of change without awareness --8.Blinks, blanks and saccades: how blind we really are for relevant visual events --9.Multiple-object permanence tracking: limitation in maintenance and transformation of perceptual objects --10.What information survives saccades in the real world? --11.Transsaccadic memory of position and form --12.Transsaccadic memory for visual object detail --13.Commentary: Changes --Sect. III.Smooth pursuit eye movements /section editors, W. Heide and D.P. Munoz --14.Non-target influences on the initiation of smooth pursuit eye movements --15.Integration of motion cues for the initiation of smooth pursuit eye movements --16.The role of expectancy and volition in smooth pursuit eye movements --19Commentary: Smooth pursuit eye movements: from low-level to high-level vision --Sect. IV. Eye-hand coordination /section editor, R. Radach --20.Cortical frames of reference for eye-hand coordination --21.Neuropsychological perspectives on eye-hand coordination in visually-guided reaching --22.Visuomotor transformations for eye-hand coordination --23.Implications of distracter effects for the organization of eye movements, hand movements, and perception --24.Visual short-term memory and motor planning --25.Commentary: Coordination of eye and hand in time and space --Sect. V.Clinical aspects of eye movement research /section editor, W. Heide --26.Visual search in long-term cannabis users with early age of onset --27.Visual search in patients with left visual hemineglect --28.Saccadic adaptation in neurological disorders --29.Saccade sequences as markers for cerebral dysfunction following mild closed head injury --30.Cognition and the inhibitory control of saccades in schizophrenia and Parkinson's disease --31.Control of volitional and reflexive saccades in Tourette's syndrome --32.Oculomotor control in a group of very low birth weight (VLBW) children --33.A new framework for investigating both normal and abnormal eye movements --34.Commentary: Eye movement research with clinical populations --Subject index.
- Brain, behavior and epigenetics 2011, Springer
- Brain, mind, and consciousness 2011, Springer1. Brain structures and consciousness -- 2. Binding problem of consciousness -- 3.Consciousness and functional connectivity -- 4. Binding problem and dissociated mind -- 5. The unconscious mind -- 6. Mind and space -- 7. The universe within.
- Brain, mind, and medicine 2007, SpringerA. Introduction / Harry Whitaker, C.U.M. Smith, and Stanley Finger -- Chronology / C.U.M. Smith -- B. Background. Introduction / The editors -- Brain and mind in the 'long' eighteenth century / C.U.M. Smith -- Enlightening neurosciences : microscopes and microscopy in the eighteenth century / Brian J. Ford -- Corpus curricula : medical education and the voluntary hospital movement / Jonathan Reinarz -- Some thoughts on the medical milieu in the last quarter of the eighteenth century as reflected in the life and activities of James Parkinson (1755-1824) / Christopher Gardner-Thrope --C. The nervous system. Introduction / The editors -- John Hunter's contribution to neuroscience / James L. Stone, James T. Goodrich, and George R. Cybulski -- William Cullen (1710-1790) and Robert Whytt (1714-1766) on the nervous system / Julius Rocca -- 1710 : the introduction of experimental nervous system physiology and anatomy by François Pourfour du Petit / Lawrence Kruger and Larry W. Swanson -- Irritable glue: the Haller-Whytt controversy on the mechanism of muscle contraction / Eugenio Frixione -- The taming of the electric ray : from an wonderful and dreadful "art" to "animal electricity" and "electric battery" / Marco Piccolino -- Luigi Galvani, physician, surgeon, physicist: from animal electricity to electro-physiology / Miriam Focaccia and Raffaella Simili -- D. Brain and behavior. Introduction / The editors -- The vision of William Porterfield / Nicholas J. Wade -- David Hartley's neural vibrations and psychological associations / Robert B. Glassman and Hugh W. Buckingham -- Charles Bonnet's neurophilosophy / Harry A. Whitaker and Yves Turgeon -- Swedenborg and localization theory / Ulf Norrsell --E. Medical theories and applications. Introduction / The editors -- Neuroscience in the work of Boerhaave and Haller / Peter J. Koehler -- Apoplexy : changing concepts in the eighteenth century / Catherine E. Storey -- Benjamin Franklin and the electrical cure for disorders of the nervous system / Stanley Finger -- Gentleman's magazine, the advent of medical electricity, and disorders of the nervous system / Hannah Sypher Locke and Stanley Finger -- Therapeutic attractions: early applications of electricity to the art of healing / Paola Bertucci -- John Wesley on the estimation and cure of nervous disorders / James G. Donat -- Franz Anton Mesmer and the rise and fall of animal magnetism : dramatic cures, controversy, and ultimately a triumph for the scientific method / Douglas J. Lanska and Joseph T. Lanska -- Hysteria in the eighteenth century / Diana Faber --F. Cultural consequences. Introduction / The editors -- Technological metaphors and the anatomy of representations in eighteenth-century French materialism and dualist mechanism / Timo Kaitaro -- Explorations of the brain, mind and medicine in the writings of Jonathan Swift / Marjorie Perlman Lorch -- Temperament and the long shadow of nerves in the eighteenth century / George Rousseau.
- Brain, stroke, and kidney 2013, KargerCerebral interaction and stroke / Toyoda, K. -- Inhibition of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system for cerebrorenal protection / Lambers Heerspink, H.J. -- Obesity and heart failure as a mediator of the cerebrorenal interaction / Jindal, A., Whaley-Connell, A., Sowers, J.R. -- Subclinical cerebral abnormalities in chronic kidney disease / Yao, H. ... [et al.] -- Carotid atherosclerosis in kidney disease / Kokubo, Y. -- Kidney disease and cognitive function / Elias, M.F., Dore, G.A., Davey, A. -- Risk of stroke in kidney disease / Ninomiya, T. -- Role of 24-hour blood pressure management in preventing kidney disease and stroke / Nagai, M., Hoshide, S., Kario, K. -- Preventing stroke and systemic embolism in renal patients with atrial fibrillation : focus on anticoagulation / Ahmad, Y., Lip, G.Y.H. -- Stroke features and management in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kamouchi, M. -- Stroke feature and management in dialysis patients / Iseki, K. -- Thrombolysis and hyperacute reperfusion therapy for stroke in renal patients / Hirano, T. -- Antiplatelet therapy for preventing stroke in patients with chronic kidney disease / Kim, S.J., Bang, O.Y.
- Brain-- an introduction to functional neuroanatomy. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Nerve cells and synapses -- Chapter 2. Central nervous system basics- the brain and spinal cord -- Chapter 3. A map of the brain -- Chapter 4. Peripheral nerves -- Chapter 5. Command and control- the motor systems -- Chapter 6. Gathering information- the sensory systems -- Chapter 7. The human cerebral cortex -- Chapter 8. Higher level functions consciousness, learning, memory, and emotions -- Chapter 9. When things go wrong- brain disease and injury -- Chapter 10. The development of the brain and spinal cord -- Chapter 11. Techniques for studying the brain.
- Brain-body-mind in the nebulous Cartesian system 2011, Springer
- Brain-dead organ donor 2013, SpringerIntroduction -- Historical Aspects of the Diagnosis of Death -- The Determination of Brain Death -- Legal Aspects of Declaration of Brain Death and Organ Donation.-Ethical Aspects of Declaration of Brain Death and Organ Donation -- Pathophysiology of Brain Death in Small Animal Models.-Pathophysiology of Brain Death and Effects of Hormonal Therapy in Large Animal Models.-The Efficacy of Thyroid Hormone Therapy in Brain-Dead Heart Donors: A Review of Thyroid Function in Health and Disease.-The Inflammatory Response to Brain Death -- The Influence of Brain Death and Intensive Care Management on Donor Organs: Assessment of Inflammatory Markers.-Brain-Death-Induced Inflammation: Possible Role of the Cholinergic Anti-Inflammatory Pathway -- Innate Immunity and Injury During Brain Death: Opportunities for Intervention -- Selection of the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Infectious Disease Aspects of the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Malignancy in the Brain-Dead Organ Donor -- Early Clinical Experience of Hormonal Therapy in the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Assessment, Monitoring, and Management of the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Assessment, Monitoring and Management of Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donors in Europe -- Current Management of Brain Dead Donors in Australia -- Management of the Brain-Dead Organ Donor--Perspectives of the Transplant Coordinator.-Surgical Aspects of Thoracic and Abdominal Organ Procurement from Brain-Dead Donors -- Impact of Brain Death on Storage of the Heart -- Impact of Brain Death on Abdominal Organs and Allograft Preservation Strategies -- Functional Repair of Brain Death-Induced Injury.-Functional Repair of Brain-Death-Injured Donor Lungs -- Thyroid Hormone Therapy to the Recipient of a Heart from a Brain-Dead Donor -- Current and Potential Future Trends in the Management of the Brain-Dead Organ Donor.-Maximizing Utilization of the Potential Deceased Donor--The Challenge Continues.Introduction -- Historical Aspects of the Diagnosis of Death -- The Determination of Brain Death -- Legal Aspects of Declaration of Brain Death and Organ Donation.-Ethical Aspects of Declaration of Brain Death and Organ Donation -- Pathophysiology of Brain Death in Small Animal Models.-Pathophysiology of Brain Death and Effects of Hormonal Therapy in Large Animal Models.-The Efficacy of Thyroid Hormone Therapy in Brain-Dead Heart Donors: A Review of Thyroid Function in Health and Disease.-The Inflammatory Response to Brain Death -- The Influence of Brain Death and Intensive Care Management on Donor Organs: Assessment of Inflammatory Markers.-Brain-Death-Induced Inflammation: Possible Role of the Cholinergic Anti-Inflammatory Pathway -- Innate Immunity and Injury During Brain Death: Opportunities for Intervention -- Selection of the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Infectious Disease Aspects of the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Malignancy in the Brain-Dead Organ Donor -- Early Clinical Experience of Hormonal Therapy in the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Assessment, Monitoring, and Management of the Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donor -- Assessment, Monitoring and Management of Brain-Dead Potential Organ Donors in Europe -- Current Management of Brain Dead Donors in Australia -- Management of the Brain-Dead Organ Donor--Perspectives of the Transplant Coordinator.-Surgical Aspects of Thoracic and Abdominal Organ Procurement from Brain-Dead Donors -- Impact of Brain Death on Storage of the Heart -- Impact of Brain Death on Abdominal Organs and Allograft Preservation Strategies -- Functional Repair of Brain Death-Induced Injury.-Functional Repair of Brain-Death-Injured Donor Lungs -- Thyroid Hormone Therapy to the Recipient of a Heart from a Brain-Dead Donor -- Current and Potential Future Trends in the Management of the Brain-Dead Organ Donor.-Maximizing Utilization of the Potential Deceased Donor--The Challenge Continues.
- Brainstem disorders 2011, Springer
- Brainstem function and dysfunction. 1st ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Brainwashed 2013, ProQuest SafariIn recent years, the advent of MRI technology seems to have unlocked the secrets of the human mind, revealing the sources of our deepest desires, intentions, and fears. In this book, the authors argue that the explanatory power of brain scans in particular and neuroscience more generally has been vastly overestimated. Although acknowledging its tremendous potential, they believe that the overzealous application of the burgeoning field of brain science has put innocent people in jail, prevented addicts from healing themselves, and undermined notions of free will and responsibility.
- Branched-chain amino acids. Part [A]-B pt. [A]-B, 1988, 2000., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2000 ScienceDirect
- Branching morphogenesis 2006, SpringerWhy a book on branching, and why now? / Jamie A. Davies -- Branching morphogenesis in vertebrate neurons / Katherine M. Kollins and Roger W. Davenport -- Branching of single cells in arabidopsis / Daniel Bouyer and Martin Hülskamp -- Branching in fungal hyphae and fungal tissues: growing mycelia in a desktop computer / David Moore, Liam J. McNulty, and Audrius Meskauskas -- Branching in colonial hydroids / Igor A. Kosevich -- How is the branching of animal blood vessels implemented? / Sybill Patan -- Extracellular matrix remodeling in mammary gland branching morphogenesis and breast cancer: the double-edged sword / Eva A. Turley and Mina J. Bissell --Branching morphogenesis in mammalian kidneys / Jamie A. Davies -- Embryonic salivary gland branching morphogenesis / Tina Jaskoll and Michael Melnick -- Branching morphogenesis of the prostate / A.A. Thomson and P.C. Marker -- Uterine glands / Thomas E. Spencer ... [et al.] -- Physical mechanisms of branching morphogenesis in animals: from viscous fingering to cartilage rings / Vincent Fleury ... [et al.].
- Section I: Basic principles --chapter 1.Diagnostic imaging methods /William E. Brant --Section II: Neuroradiology /Section editor: Erik H. L. Gaensler and Jerome A. Barakos --chapter 2.Introduction to brain imaging /David J. Seidenwurm and Govind Mukundan --chapter 3.Craniofacial trauma /Robert M. Barr, Alisa D. Gean, and Tuong H. Le --chapter 4.Cerebrovascular disease /Howard A. Rawley --chapter 5.Central nervous system neoplasms and tumor-like masses /Kelly K. Koeller --chapter 6.Central nervous system infections /Nathaniel A. Chuang and Walter L. Olsen --chapter 7.White matter and neurodegenerative diseases /Jerome A. Barakos and Derk D. Purcell --chapter 8.Pediatric neuroimaging /Camilla Lindan, Erik Gaensler, and Jerome Barakos --chapter 9.Head and neck imaging /Jerome A. Barakos and Derk D. Purcell --chapter 10.Nondegenerative diseases of the spine /Erik H. L. Gaensler and Derk D. Purcell --chapter 11.Lumbar spine: disc disease and stenosis /Clyde A. Helms --Section III: Pulmonary /Section editor: Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 12.Methods of examination, normal anatomy, and radiographic findings of chest disease /Julio Lemo and Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 13.Mediastinum and hila /Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 14.Pulmonary vascular disease /Curtis E. Green and Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 15.Pulmonary neoplasms /Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 16.Pulmonary infection /Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 17.Diffuse lung disease /Jeffrey S. Klein and Curtis E. Green --chapter 18.Airways disease /Jeffrey S. Klein --chapter 19.Pleura, chest wall, diaphragm, and miscellaneous chest disorders /Jeffrey S. Klein and Jimmy S. Ghostine --Section IV: Breast radiology /Section editor: Karen K. Lindfors --chapter 20.Breast imaging /Karen K. Lindfors and Huong T. Le-Petross --Section V: Cardiac radiology /Section editor: David K. Shelton --chapter 21.Cardiac anatomy, physiolgy, and imaging modalities /David K. Shelton --chapter 22.Cardiac imaging in acquired diseases /David K. Shelton and Gary Caputo --Section VI: Vascular and interventional radiology /Section editor: Michael J. Miller, Jr. --chapter 23.Thoracic, pulmonary arteries, and peripheral vascular disorders /Michael J. Miller Jr. and Tony P. Smith --chapter 24.Abdominal arteries, venous system, and nonvascular intervention /Michael J. Miller Jr. and Tony P. Smith --Section VII: Gastrointestinal tract /Section editor: William E. Brant --chapter 25.Abdomen and pelvis /William E. Brant --chapter 26.Liver, biliary tree, and gallbladder /William E. Brant --chapter 27.Pancreas and spleen /William E. Brant --chapter 28.Pharynx and esophagus /Sara Moshiri and William E. Brant --chapter 29.Stomach and duodenum /William E. Brant --chapter 30.Mesenteric small bowel /William E. Brant --chapter 31.Colon and appendix /William E. Brant and Sarah Erickson --Section VIII: Genitourinary tract /Section editor: William E. Brant --chapter 32.Adrenal glands and kidneys /William E. Brant --chapter 33.Pelvicalyceal system, ureters, bladder, and urethra /William E. Brant --chapter 34.Genital tract-CT, MR, and radiographic imaging /William E. Brant --Section IX: Ultrasonography /Section editor: William E. Brant --chapter 35.Abdomen ultrasound /William E. Brant --chapter 36.Genital tract and bladder ultrasound /William E. Brant --chapter 37.Obstetric ultrasound /William E. Brant --chapter 38.Chest, thyroid, parathyroid, and neonatal brain ultrasound /William E. Brant --chapter 39.Vascular ultrasound /William E. Brant and Raymond S. Dougherty --Section X: Musculoskeletal radiology /Section editor: Clyde A. Helms --chapter 40.Benign cystic bone lesions /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 41.Malignant bone and soft tissue tumors /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 42.Skeletal trauma /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 43.Arthritis /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 44.Metabolic bone disease /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 45.Skeletal "Don't Touch" lesions /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 46.Miscellaneous bone lesions /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 47.Magnetic resonance imaging of the knee /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 48.Magnetic resonance imaging of the shoulder /Clyde A. Helms --chapter 49.Magnetic resonance imaging of the foot and ankle /Clyde A. Helms --Section XI: Pediatric radiology /Section editor: Susan D. John --chapter 50.Pediatric chest /Susan D. John and Leonard E. Swischuk --chapter 51.Pediatric abdomen and pelvis /Susan D. John and Leonard E. Swischuk --Section XII: Nuclear radiology /Section editor: David K. Shelton --chapter 52.Introduction to nuclear medicine /David K. Shelton --chapter 53.Essential science of nuclear medicine /Ramsey D. Badawi, Linda A. Kroger, and Jerrold T. Bushberg --chapter 54.Skeletal system scintigraphy /David K. Shelton and Amir Kashefi --chapter 55.Pulmonary scintigraphy /David K. Shelton and Meena Kumar --chapter 56.Cardiovascular system scintigraphy /David K. Shelton --chapter 57.Endocrine gland scintigraphy /Marc G. Cote --chapter 58.Gastrointestinal, liver-spleen, and hepatobiliary scintigraphy /David K. Shelton and Roshanak Rahnamayi --chapter 59.Genitourinary system scintigraphy /Howard A. Carpenter and Cameron C. Foster --chapter 60.Scintigraphic diagnosis of inflammation and infection /Christopher J. Palestro --chapter 61.Molecular imaging /Amir Kashefi and David K. Shelton --chapter 62.Central nervous system scintigraphy /David H. Lewis and Jon Umlauf --chapter 63.Positron emission tomography /Cameron C. Foster, Bijan Bijan, and David K. Shelton.
- Registration for examinations -- Test-taking tips -- Internal medicine -- Pediatrics -- Obstetrics and gynecology -- Psychiatry -- Surgery -- Geriatrics -- Pictorial atlas -- Clinical problem set 1 -- Clinical problem set 2 -- Clinical problem set 3.
- "Bratton's Family Medicine Board Review, Fourth Edition, is a directed review of important topics that typically appear on American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) in-training examinations, board certification examinations, and recertification examinations. This material is not intended for a comprehensive review but, instead, should direct the examinee to areas of weakness that may need further review. Family medicine is a broad field, and to provide a complete, comprehensive review of all topics that may be covered is extremely time consuming if not impossible. Several other courses attempt to provide this type of review; however, this book is more abbreviated and focuses on topics that are commonly found on board examinations. Adequate preparation for any test is the key to success and rewarding results. Given this, we all know the importance of practice tests and the benefits of testing our knowledge base before the actual examination. This review book is structured for the examinee with limited time and resources for review and should be used only by those individuals with an established foundation of knowledge within the field of family medicine. Its primary purpose is to identify areas of weakness that can be improved on"--Provided by publisher.
- Braunwald's Heart disease. 7th ed. v. 1-2, 2005.Print Material
- Braunwald's Heart disease. 8th ed. v. 1-2, 2008.Print Material
- Braunwald's Heart disease. 9th ed. 2012, MD Consult
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Breast and gynecological cancers 2013, SpringerBurden of Breast and Gynecological Cancers in Low-Resource Countries -- Breast Cancer: Pathology, Cytology, and Core Needle Biopsy Methods for Diagnosis -- Gynecological Cancers: Pathology and Cytological Methods for Diagnosis of Gynecological Cancers -- Screening and Early Diagnosis of Breast Cancer: Proven Methodology and an Optimized Strategy for Developing Countries -- HPV and Cervical Cancer -- Screening for Cervical Cancer in Low-Resource Countries -- Ovarian Cancer Screening and Early Detection in Low- and Middle-Income Countries -- Endometrial Cancer: Risk Factors and Early Diagnosis in Low-Resource Countries -- Breast and Gynecologic Cancer Prevention in Low-Resource Countries -- Combined Screening for Breast and Gynecological Cancers Using Mobile Clinics: The Barretos Experience (Brazil) -- Cost-Effectiveness of Screening for and Early Diagnosis of Breast and Gynecological Cancers in Low-Income Countries -- Challenges for Breast and Gynecological Cancer Control by Early Detection in Less-Developed Countries -- Funding for Global Healthcare Intervention: Initiatives Aimed at Controlling Cancer in Women in Low-Resource Countries -- Coordinated Training on Early Detection and Diagnosis of Breast Cancer Across Different Levels of Health Workers: An Example from Peru -- Telemedicine in Cancer Control Programs in Developing Countries -- Breast Cancer Screening and Cervical Cancer Prevention in Developing Countries: Strategies for the Future -- Well Woman Clinic Concept: An Integrated Approach for Screening and Early Diagnosis of Breast and Gynecological Cancers in Developing Countries.
- Breast cancer 2008, Springer
- Breast cancer 2011, SpringerThe theory of the sick lobe -- Lobar anatomy of human breast and its importance for breast cancer -- Breast cancer may originate in utero: the importance of the intrauterine environment for breast cancer development -- Genetic alterations in normal and malignant breast tissue -- The role of ductal lavage: a cautionary tale -- The distribution of the earliest forms of breast carcinoma -- The implications of the imaging manifestations of multifocal and diffuse breast cancers -- Lobar ultrasound of the breast -- The lobar distribution of the lesions in breast carcinoma: ductoscopy and surgery -- Strop breast cancer now!: imagining imaging pathways towards search, destroy, cure, and watchful waiting of premetastasis breast cancer -- Epilogue: the diseased breast lobe in the context of X-chromosome inactivation and differentiation waves.
- Breast cancer 2005Print Material
- Breast cancer and its precursor lesions 2011, SpringerOverview -- Common benign conditions of low concern -- Benign conditions associated with a risk for the subsequent development of cancer -- Precursor lesions and noninvasive cancers -- Breast cancer -- Things pathologists must always consider -- Nuances and details of the pathology report.
- Breast cancer chemosensitivity 2007, SpringerOverview of resistance to systemic therapy in patients with breast cancer / Ana Maria Gonzalez-Angulo, Flavia Morales-Vasquez and Gabriel N. Hortobagyi -- Roles of multidrug resistance genes in breast cancer chemoresistance / M. Tien Kuo -- Therapy-induced apoptosis in primary tumors / David J. McConkey -- Cell cycle deregulation in breast cancer: insurmountable chemoresistance or achilles' heel? / Laura Lambert and Khandan Keyomarsi -- p53, BRCA1 and breast cancer chemoresistance / Kimberly A. Scata and Wafik S. El-Deiry -- Integrin-mediated adhesion: tipping the balance between chemosensitivity and chemoresistance / Mary M. Zutter --Insulin-like growth factors and breast cancer therapy / Xianke Zeng and Douglas Yee -- EGF receptor in breast cancer chemoresistance / Robert B. Dickson and T.B. Deb -- Molecular mechanisms of ErbB2-mediated breast cancer chemoresistance / Ming Tan and Dihua Yu -- Estrogen receptors in resistance to hormone therapy / Matthew H. Herynk and Suzanne A.W. Fuqua -- Novel approaches for chemosensitization of breast cancer cells: the E1A story / Yong Liao, Dihua Yu and Mien-Chie Hung.
- Breast cancer epidemiology 2010, SpringerGlobal burden of breast cancer / Jacques Ferlay ... [et al.] -- Breast cancer biology and clinical characteristics / Amanda I. Phipps and Christopher I. Li -- In situ breast cancer / Brian L. Sprague and Amy Trentham-Dietz -- Endogenous hormones / Amanda I. Phipps and Christopher I. Li -- Exogenous hormones / Christopher I. Li and Elisabeth F. Beaber -- Reproductive factors / Mats Lambe -- Physical activity and anthropometric factors / Katherine D. Henderson, Jennifer Prescott, and Leslie Bernstein -- Diet and nutrition / Martin Lajous and Shumin M. Zhang -- Environmental and occupational exposures / Amanda I. Phipps ... [et al.] -- Shift work and circadian disruption / Scott Davis and Dana K. Mirick -- Non-hormonal medications and chronic diseases / Patricia F. Coogan -- Male breast cancer / Ian S. Fentiman -- Inherited predisposition: familial aggregation and high risk genes / Kathleen E. Malone and Kerryn W. Reding -- Common genetic susceptibility loci / Mikkel Z. Oestergaard and Paul Pharoah -- Mammographic density as a potential surrogate marker for breast cancer / Norman F. Boyd, Lisa J. Martin, and Salomon Minkin -- Breast cancer screening / Karla Kerlikowske -- Principles of breast cancer therapy / Allison W. Kurian and Robert W. Carlson -- Breast cancer outcomes / Graham A. Colditz and Courtney Beers.
- Print MaterialFemale breast cancer in California, an overview / Cyllene R. Morris, Sandy L. Kwong -- Risk factors for female breast cancer / Rosemary D. Cress -- Demographic aspects of breast cancer incidence and mortality in California, 1988-1999 / Sharan L. Campleman, Robyn L. Curtis -- Socioeconomic status and breast cancer incidence in California / Kathleen Yost -- Trends in female breast cancer incidence and mortality in California / Kiumarss Nasseri -- Risk of developing invasive femal breast cancer in California / Cyllene R. Morris -- Utilization of screening mammography in California, 1987-2000 / Holly Hoegh, Bonnie D. Davis -- State at diagnosis of female breast cancer in California, 1988-1999 / Paul K. Mills, Ratnali Jain -- Laterality, derailed site, and histology of female breast cancer, California, 1988-1999 / Sandy L. Kwong -- Surgical treatment of female breast cancer in California / Cyllene R. Morris -- Breast cancer survival in the San Francisco Bay Area / Cynthia O'Malley, Gem Le -- Technical notes.
- Breast cancer in the post-genomic era 2009, Springer
- Breast cancer in women of African descent 2006, SpringerBurden of breast cancer in developing and developed countries -- Genetics of breast cancer in women of African Descent: an overview -- Biology of breast cancer: molecular and pathologic features of ductal neoplasia of the breast: racial considerations -- Screening and early detection of breast cancer in women in Africa and the Middle East -- Breast cancer at diagnosis in women of Africa and the Middle East -- Breast cancer aggressiveness in women of African descent -- Radiotherapy of breast cancer -- Adjuvant therapy of breast cancer -- Endocrine therapy of breast cancer -- Palliative care for breast cancer in the African-American population -- Outcome of African American women with breast cancer in cooperative group clinical trials -- Traditional medicine in breast cancer management with a focus on the Chinese integrative approach -- Impact of culture, education and socio-economic status -- Barriers to successful management of breast cancer.
- Breast cancer management and molecular medicine 2006, MyiLibrary
- Breast cancer metastasis and drug resistance 2013, SpringerThis volume comprehensively covers recent prrogress in breast cancer research. In an effort to successfully treat breast cancer, it is imperative to fully understand the disease with all its heterogeneity ; understand the factors that influence the metastasis of breast cancer to distant organs making it lethal and understand the underlying processes that lead to the phenomenon of drug-resistance making the disease particularly incurable. The book explores all of these issues, including the phenomenon of epithelial-mesenchymal-transition, cancer stem cells as well as microRNAs in an attempt to better understand the disease in connection to its heterogeneity, metastasis, drug-resistance as well as to propose novel signaling pathways for therapeutic intervention. The profiling of tumors to molecularly classify breast cancers is also investigated so that customized targeted therapies can be developed --source other than Library of Congress.
- Breast cancer research protocols 2005, Springer ProtocolsBreast tissue banking: collection, handling, storage, and release of tissue for breast cancer research / Linda Snell and Peter H. Watson -- Frozen biopsy collection and storage: frozen biopsy samples / Russell Leek -- Serial biopsies/fine-needle aspirates and their assessment / Irene Boeddinghaus and Stephen R.D. Johnson -- Breast tissue microarrays / Robert J. Springall and Cheryl E. Gillett -- Preparation of tumor homogenates for subsequent preparation of cytosols, membrane fractions, RNA, and DNA / Naomi Robertson and Russell Leek -- Isolation of RNA from tumor samples: single-step guanidinium acid-phenol method / Naomi Robertson and Russell Leek -- Isolation of DNA from tumor samples / Naomi Robertson and Russell Leek -- Laser-assisted microdissection and isolation of DNA and RNA / Ulrich Lehmann and Hans Kreipe --Fluorescence in situ hybridization and comparative genomic hybridization / Patricia Gorman and Rebecca Roylance -- Fluorescence in situ hybridization assessment of c-myc gene amplification in breast tumor tissues / Jan K. Blancato, Mary Steele Williams, and Robert B. Dickson -- Detection of HER2 gene amplification by fluorescence in situ hybridization in breast cancer / John M.S. Bartlett, and Amanda Forsyth -- In situ hybridization combined with immunohistochemistry to localize gene expression / Rosemary Jeffery, Toby Hunt, and Richard Poulsom -- Quantitation of RNA by ribonuclease protection assay / John W. Moore -- Identification of steroid hormone-regulated genes in breast cancer / Bruce R. Westley and Felicity E.B. May -- Sequencing of the tumor suppressor gene TP 53 / Barbro Linderholm, Torbjörn Norberg, and Jonas Bergh -- Expression profiling using cDNA microarrays / Chris Jones ... [et al.] -- Gene expression analysis using filter cDNA microarrays / Peter Simpson ... [et al.] --Immunohistochemistry / Cheryl E. Gillett -- Detection of aberrant glycosylation in breast cancer using lectin histochemistry / Tracey M. Carter and Susan A. Brooks -- SDS-PAGE and western blotting to detect proteins and glycoproteins of interest in breast cancer research / Chloe Osborne and Susan A. Brooks -- Breast cancer proteomics using two-dimensional electrophoresis: studying the breast cancer proteome / Miriam V. Dwek and Sarah L. Rawlings -- Procedures for the quantitative protein determination of urokinase and its inhibitor PAI-1 in human breast cancer tissue extracts using ELISA / Manfred Schmitt ... [et al.] --Methods to analyze the effects of the urokinase system on cancer cell adhesion, proliferation, migration, and signal transduction events / Ute Reuning ... [et al.] -- Phospho-specific antibodies as a tool to study in vivo regulation of BRCA1 after DNA damage / Kum Kum Khanna, Magtouf Gatei, and Gordon Tribbick -- Models of hormone resistance in vitro and in vivo / Jennifer MacGregor Schafer and V. Craig Jordan -- Generation of genetically modified embryonic stem cells for the development of knockout mouse animal model systems / Stephen D. Robinson, Stephen Wilson, and Kairbaan M. Hodivala-Dilke -- In vivo xenograft models of breast cancer metastatsis / Ursula Valentiner, Susan A. Brooks, and Udo Schumacher -- Neoadjuvant endocrine therapy models / Juliette Murray, William R. Miller, and J. Michael Dixon -- Primary mouse endothelial cell culture for assays of angiogenesis / Louise E. Reynolds and Kairbaan M. Hodivala-Dilke.Traditional and established indicators of prognosis and treatment success / Derek E. Roskell and Ian D. Buley -- Sentinel lymph node biopsy in breast cancer / Celia Chao and Kelly M. McMasters -- Pathological evaluation of axillary sentinel lymph nodes in breast cancer / Michael Z. Gilcrease and Aysegul Sahin -- Measurement of estrogen receptor status by immunocytochemistry in paraffin wax sections / Bharat Jasani ... [et al.] -- Markers of apoptosis / Falzul H. Sarkar and Yiwei Li -- Quantitative angiogenesis in breast cancer / Stephen B. Fox --
- Breast cancer risk reduction and early detection 2010, SpringerPart I. Prevention -- Risk Factors / Polly A. Newcomb and Karen J. Wernli -- Lifestyle Factors and Risk of Breast Cancer: A Review of Randomized Trial Findings / Garnet L. Anderson -- Breast Cancer Chemoprevention / Mary B. Daly -- Surgical Management of Inherited Susceptibility to Breast Cancer / Francis Freisinger and Susan M. Domchek -- Part II. Early Detection -- Clinical Breast Examination and Breast Self-Examination / William H. Goodson -- Mammography / Barbara C. Cavanaugh and Sorcha McNally -- Current Status and Future Prospects in Breast Carcinoma of Positron Emission Tomography / Sandip Basu, Joshua I. Rosenbaum and Abass Alavi -- Breast MRI / Barbara C. Cavanaugh and Sorcha McNally -- Genetic and Molecular Approaches to Imaging Breast Cancer / Eric Wickstrom and Mathew L. Thakur -- Intraductal Approaches: Nipple Aspirate Fluid to Assist in Breast Cancer Detection / Edward R. Sauter -- Intraductal Approaches: Mammary Ductoscopy and Ductal Lavage to Assist in the Diagnosis of Breast Cancer / William C. Dooley -- Blood Markers / Mark W. Duncan -- Circulating Tumor Cells in Breast Cancer / Michail Ignatiadis and Dimitris Mavroudis.
- Breast cancer, a heterogeneous disease entity 2011, Springer
- Breast cancer-- a new era in management 2014, SpringerBreast Cancer: A New Era in Management provides a compendium of succinct analysis of the many facets involved in the present day management of the breast cancer patient. The text provides the clinician or student with basic foundational knowledge in the rapidly expanding areas of expertise that are required for both the diagnosis and treatment of the breast cancer patient. Each topic, whether diagnostic or therapeutic, is presented in a straightforward fashion incorporating as part of each topic a description of the historical clinical landmarks leading to the present day, their present day position in the care of the breast patient, and finally, an assessment of possible future application and adaptation in clinical practice. Emphasis is placed on clear and concise explanations of each topic presented in stepwise fashion from fundamental elements to the more complex. Breast Cancer: A New Era in Management will act as a ready reference for the practicing surgeon and students seeking practical information on a particular clinical topic or scenario.
- Breast cancer. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Print Material
- Breast carcinoma 2008, Springer
- Breast cytopathology 2007, Springer
- Breast imaging 2008, ThiemeMethods -- Nomenclature and findings -- Benign changes -- Borderline Lesions -- Breast carcinoma -- Other potentially malignant and malignant lesions -- Post traumatic changes -- Prosthesis.
- Breast imaging 2004Print Material
- Breast imaging companion. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Print MaterialBreast cancer: an overview -- Regulatory issues -- Quality control -- Technical considerations -- Screening mammography -- Diagnostic mammography and problem solving -- Breast ultrasound -- Magnetic resonance imaging -- Skin -- Nipple-areolar complex -- Major subareolar ducts -- Terminal ducts -- Lobules -- Stroma -- The altered breast -- The male breast -- Interventional procedures -- Documentation and the mammographic report -- Mammography audit.
- Breast imaging review 2010, Springer"Breast Imaging Review: A Quick Guide to Essential Diagnoses serves as a quick review of essential radiology findings for interpreting multimodality images of the breast. The book includes 92 easy-to-read cases presenting common diagnoses, with over 360 high-quality figures encompassing mammography, ultrasound, MRI, and PET images. Also included are concise pearls covering the basics of interventional breast procedures, such as MRI-guided breast biopsy, galactography, and ultrasound-guided cyst aspirations, along with high yield facts vital to the practice of breast imaging. Co-authored by Drs. Biren A. Shah, Gina M. Fundaro, and Sabala Mandava, this book successfully integrates a comprehensive array of images, diagnoses, and discussion points into a quickly reviewable format. Breast Imaging Review is a valuable resource for radiology residents preparing to take the oral boards, as well as fellows and practicing radiologists interested in reviewing the basics of breast imaging interpretation and interventional procedures."--Publisher's website.
- Breast imaging. 3rd ed. 2007, OvidBreast anatomy and basic histology, physiology, and pathology -- A pathologist's overview of the pathology of breast disease / Joseph Rabban -- Epidemiology, etiology, risk factors, and survival from breast cancer -- Screening for breast cancer -- Radiation risk -- Staging breast cancer -- Ductal carcinoma in situ and early-stage breast cancer: detection, diagnosis, and prognostic indicators -- Mammography: equipment and basic physics -- Quality assurance and quality control / Debra Deibel -- Mammographic positioning -- A systematic approach to breast imaging -- Mammography and the normal breast -- Interpreting the mammogram -- Benign lesions -- Probably benign findings appropriately managed with short-interval follow-up --Suspicious lesions and lesions with a high probability of malignancy -- Breast ultrasound -- The altered breast: pregnancy, lactation, abscess, post biopsy changes, mastectomy, radiation, and implants -- The male breast -- Magnetic resonance imaging of the breast / Carol A. Hulka and Daniel B. Kopans -- Evaluating women with lumps, thickening, discharge or pain: imaging women with signs or symptoms that might indicate breast cancer -- Image sequencing: problems and solutions in breast evaluation -- Histological, pathological and imaging correlation -- Interventional procedures in the breast -- The breast imaging report: data management and the breast imaging audit -- The medical-legal problem and breast imaging -- Digital mammography -- Digital breast tomosynthesis -- Cytopathology.
- Breast MRI 2005, Springer
- Breast MRI 2008, Springer
- Breast pathology 2006Print Material
- Print MaterialAnatomy and physiologic morphology -- Inflammatory and reactive tumors -- Specific infections -- Benign papillary tumors -- Myoepithelial neoplasms -- Adenosis and microglandular adenosis -- Fibroepithelial neoplasms -- Ductal hyperplasia and intraductal carcinoma -- Invasive duct carcinoma -- Tubular carcinoma -- Papillary carcinoma -- Medullary carcinoma -- Carcinoma with metaplasia -- Squamous carcinoma -- Mucinous carcinoma -- Apocrine carcinoma -- Adenoid cystic carcinoma -- Secretory carcinoma -- Cystic hypersecretory carcinoma -- Other special types of invasive duct carcinoma -- Lobular carcinoma in situ and atypical lobular hyperplasia -- Invasive lobular carcinoma -- Mesenchymal neoplasms -- Lymphoid and hematopoietic tumors -- Metastases in the breast from nonmammary malignant neoplasms -- Pathologic effects of therapy -- Breast lesions in men and children -- Pathologic changes associated with needling procedures -- Needle core biopsy specimens of the breast: pathologic processing, examination, and reporting thereof / Syed A. Hoda -- Techniques for imaging-guided needle core biopsy / D. David Dershaw -- Impact of percutaneous image-guided core biopsy on the clinical management of breast disease / Laura Liberman.
- Breast surgical techniques and interdisciplinary management 2011, SpringerPt. 1. Fundamentals -- pt. 2. Biologic principles -- pt. 3. Initial evaluation of the patient -- pt. 4. Common presenting complaints and concerns -- pt. 5. Diagnostic techniques -- pt. 6. Breast cancer overview -- pt. 7. Breast surgery : management of the primary tumor -- pt. 8. Breast surgery : sentinel node biopsy and axillary dissection -- pt. 9. Breast surgery : special issues -- pt. 10. Cytology and pathology -- pt. 11. Systemic therapy for breast cancer -- pt. 12. Radiation therapy of the breast -- pt. 13. The breast cancer survivor.
- Breast ultrasound 2004Print Material
- Breast ultrasound 2013, SpringerDiagnosis of breast cancer: modern aspects -- Technique of breast ultrasound -- Ultrasound of the normal breast -- Ultrasound diagnosis of breast cancer -- Classification of breast masses -- Ultrasound features of different types of breast cancer -- Differential diagnosis of breast diseases -- Age-related changes in breast structure: breast ultrasound in children and adolescents -- Breast pathology in men -- Ultrasound examination of regional lymph nodes -- Ultrasound examination after breast surgery -- Recurrent breast cancer.
- Breast, endocrine and surgical oncology 2014, SpringerWritten by internationally acclaimed specialists, Breast, Endocrine and Surgical Oncology provides pertinent and concise procedure descriptions spanning benign and malignant problems and minimally invasive procedures. Complications are reviewed when appropriate for the organ system and problem, creating a book that is both comprehensive and accessible. Stages of operative approaches with relevant technical considerations are outlined in an easily understandable manner. The text is illustrated throughout by photographs that depict anatomic or technical principles. Forming part of the series, Surgery: Complications, Risks and Consequences, this volume Breast, Endocrine and Surgical Oncology provides a valuable resource for all general surgeons and residents in training. Other healthcare providers will also find this a useful resource.
- Breast-feeding 2009, Springer1. Growth and organ development / T.J. Cole -- 2. Nutrient transfer: mammary gland regulation / S.L. Kelleher, B. Lönnerdal -- 3. Micronutrient transfer: infant absorption / B. Lönnerdal, S. L. Kelleher -- 4. Developmental aspects of the mucosal immune system ... / P.L. Ogra -- 5. Infant feeding and growth / K.G. Dewey -- 6. Intestinal flora / C. Kunz, S. Kuntz, S. Rudloff -- 7. Transenteric signalling: mammary messages or white noise / L.T. Weaver -- 8. Immune function / L.Å. Hanson, ... et al. -- 9. Flavour programming during breast-feeding / J.A. Mennella -- 10. Methodological challenges in studying long-term effectors of breast-feeding / M.S. Kramer -- 11. Long term effects of early postnatal diet on adult health / S.E. Ozanne -- 12. Protective effect of breast-feeding against obesity in childhood ... / S. Arenz, R. Von Kries -- 13. Breast-feeding influences on later life - cardiovascular disease / D.A. Leon, G. Ronalds -- 14. Do infants who are breast-fed have an altered risk of developing cancer / R. Martin, G. Davey Smith, D.Gunnell --15. Effects of breast-feeding on cognitive function / K.F. Michaelsen, L. Lauritzen, E L. Mortensen -- 16. Developmental origins of osteoporotic fracture / C. Cooper, ... et al. -- 17. Long-term effects of breast-feeding on asthma and atopic disease / W.H. Oddy -- 18. Evolution of human lactation and complementary feeding: Implications for understanding contemporary cross-cultural variation / D.W. Sellen -- 19. Macy-György prize lecture: my milky way / L.Å. Hanson -- 20. Exclusive breast-feeding and HIV infection / L. Kasonka, S. Filteau, and The Breast-Feeding and Postpartum Health Project Team -- 21. Breast-feeding practices in relation to HIV in India / A.V. Shankar -- 22. Breast-feeding and HIV-1 infection: maternal health / P.A. Otieno -- 23. Early breast-feeding cessation and infant mortality in low-income countries: workshop summary / K.B. Simondon -- 24. Measuring trace immune factors in human milk: workshop summary / S. Filteau -- 25. Abstracts of poster presentations.
- Breast. 3rd ed. v. 1-2, 2004.Print Material
- Print Material
- Breath odors 2011, Springer
- Breathe, walk and chew. The Neural challenge. Part 1-2. 1st ed. pt. 1-2, 2010-2011., ScienceDirectpt. 2 ScienceDirect
- Breathing, feeding, and neuroprotection 2006, SpringerCentral regulation of breathing -- Neurogeneration and neuroprotection -- Brain functions in health and disease -- Brain functions by the Dipole Tracing method.
- Brenner & Rector's The Kidney. 7th ed. v. 1-2, 2004.Print Material
- Brenner & Rector's The Kidney. 8th ed. v. 1-2, 2008.Print Material
- Brenner & Rector's The Kidney. 9th ed. 2012, MD Consult
- Bridges to independence 2005, NAP
- Executive summary -- Report of the working-group meeting / Christos Louis and Bart G.J. Knols -- Review of previous applications of genetics to vector control / Chris F. Curtis -- Genomics and expected benefits for vector entomology / Christos Louis -- Genetic approaches for malaria control / Marcelo Jacobs-Lorena -- Current thoughts about the integration of field and laboratory sciences in genetic control of disease vectors / Thomas W. Scott -- Genetic approaches in Aedes aegypti for control of dengue: an overview / Kenneth Olson .... [et al.] -- Malaria and dengue vector biology and control in West and Central Africa / Didier Fontenille and Pierre Carnevale -- Malaria and dengue vector biology and control in Southern and Eastern Africa / Maureen Coetzee -- Malaria and dengue vector biology and control in Southeast Asia / Pattamaporn Kittayapong -- Malaria and dengue vector biology and control in Latin America / Mario H. Rodriguez -- Transition from the laboratory to the field and effective interplay / Christos Louis -- Evaluation of drive mechanisms (including transgenes and drivers) in different environmental conditions and genetic backgrounds / Anthony A. James ... [et al.] -- Tools for monitoring the genetic structure and stability of mosquito populations / Gregory C. Lanzaro, Sergey Nuzhdin and Frederic Tripet -- What are relevant assays for refractoriness / George K. Christophides ... [et al.] -- Fitness studies: developing a consensus methodology / Thomas W. Scott ... [et al.] --Mosquito mating behaviour / Willem Takken ... [et al.] -- Pathogen evolution issues in genetically modified mosquito vector strategies / Mario H. Rodriquez -- Models to investigate some issues regarding the feasibility of driving refractoriness genes into mosquito vector populations / Chris F. Curtis -- Identification and characterization of field sites for genetic control of disease vectors / Bart G.J. Knols and Hervé Bossin -- Application of genetically modified mosquitoes in national vector control programmes: thoughts on integrated control / Abraham Mnzava ... [et al.] -- Entomological correlates of epidemiological impacts: how do we know it is working? / Andrew Githeko -- Ethical, legal and social issues in the use of genetically modified vectors for disease control / Yeya T. Touré and Lucien Manga.
- Bridging occupational, organizational and public health 2014, SpringerIn our complex, fast changing society, health is strongly influenced by the continuously changing interactions between organisations and their employees. Three major fields contribute to health-oriented improvements of these interactions: occupational health, organizational health and public health. As currently only partial links exist amongst these fields, the book aims to explore potential synergies more systematically. Considering the high mental and social demands in a service and knowledge sector economy, the first part of the book focuses on work-related psychosocial factors. As a large proportion of inequalities in health in developed countries can be explained by inequalities in working conditions, those psychosocial factors with a particularly high public health impact are highlighted. As addressing these psychosocial factors requires to involve the organization as the key change agent, the second part covers approaches to improve public health through organizational level health interventions. The last section takes a look into the future of occupational, organizational and public health: what are the future challenges regarding occupational health and how can they be tackled within and beyond the organizational level. Overall, this integrating book will help to broaden the evidence-base, legitimacy and efficacy of occupational- and organizational-level health interventions and thus increase their public health impact.
- Print Material
- Brief history of cocaine. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Brief history of computing 2008, Springer
- Like other international jurisdictions, the Canadian health sector faces significant demands for change and improvement to meet the needs of the 21st Century. To achieve that goal, highly sophisticated and capable leaders are required across all dimensions of the health system. Bringing Leadership to Life in Health: LEADS in a Caring Environment examines the essence of leadership itself and what it means to be a leader in today's world. The authors describe key challenges that demand reform in the health sector, examine why better leadership is the source code for better system performance, and look at the issues that stand in the way of getting that leadership. This book describes the five domains of the Caring Environment capabilities framework: Lead Self, Engage Others, Achieve Results, Develop Coalitions, and Systems Transformation. Bringing Leadership to Life in Health: LEADS in a Caring Environment is a simple, easily accessible, and research informed book which will explain the LEADS in a Caring Environment capabilities framework that has been adopted across Canada as the foundation for health leadership talent management. This book will illustrate this framework through supportive research, relevant stories solicited from health leaders at all levels as well as the inclusion of "learning moments" to help the readers reflect on their own experiences.
- Bringing pain relief to children 2006, SpringerHospital-based pain care for infants and children / Brenda C. McClain -- Treatment of acute and chronic pain in the outpatient setting / Neil L. Schechter -- Pain and pain relief in pediatric end-of-life care / John J. Collins and Gerri Frager -- Residential treatment settings for adolescent chronic pain management : rationale, development and evidence / Christopher Eccleston, Hannah Connell, and Nicola Carmichael -- Managing pediatric pain at school / Ronald T. Brown -- Efficacy of complementary and alternative medicine approaches for pediatric pain : state of the science / Jennie C.I. Tsao, Marcia Meldrum, and Lonnie K. Zeltzer -- Technology in pediatric pain management / Patrick J. McGrath, Carolyn Watters, and Erin Moon -- Developing pain services around the world / G. Allen Finley and Paula A. Forgeron -- Knowledge translation and pain management / Shannon Scott-Findlay and Carole A. Estabrooks.
- Print MaterialIntroduction to an unregarded killer -- The history of influenza -- Pandemic geographies -- The human cost -- Impacts and responses -- Cultural dimensions -- Repercussions -- Possible futures.
- British Geriatrics Society Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Print MaterialMicroorganisms and microbiology -- An overview of microbial life -- Macromolecules -- Cell structure/function -- Nutrition, laboratory culture, and metabolism of microorganisms -- Microbial growth -- Essentials of molecular biology -- Metabolic regulation -- Essentials of virology -- Bacterial genetics -- Microbial evolution and systematics -- Prokaryotic diversity : the bacteria -- Prokaryotic diversity : the archaea -- Eukaryotic cell biology and eukaryotic microorganisms -- Microbial genomics -- Viral diversity -- Metabolic diversity -- Methods in microbial ecology -- Microbial ecology -- Microbial growth control -- Microbial interactions with humans -- Essentials of immunology -- Molecular immunology -- Diagnostic microbiology and immunology -- Epidemiology -- Person-to-person microbial diseases -- Animal-transmitted, arthropod-transmitted, and soilborne microbial diseases -- Wastewater treatment, water purification, and waterborne microbial diseases -- Food preservation and foodborne microbial diseases -- Industrial microbiology -- Genetic engineering and biotechnology.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Brodmann's Localisation in the cerebral cortex. 3rd ed. 2006, Springer
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Broken hearts SU Catalog, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialThe mysteries of heart attacks -- The case for plaque rupture -- The case against plaque rupture -- Learning by doing -- The plaque rupture consensus -- Rupture therapeutics -- Therapeutic ruptures -- Fear and unpredictability -- Surgical ambition and fear -- Suffering cerebrums -- Deliriogenic personalities -- The case of the missing complications -- Selective inattention -- The cerebral complications of coronary artery bypass surgery -- A taxonomy of inattention -- Competition's complications.
- Print MaterialOccupational asthma: a special environmental interaction / Nicholas J. Kenyon, Brian M. Morrissey, and Timothy E. Albertson -- Anesthesia for patients with asthma / Dennis L. Fung -- How recreational drugs affect asthma / Timothy E. Albertson, Steve Offerman, and Nicholas J. Kenyon -- Self-management in asthma: empowering the patient / Arvind Kumar and M. Eric Gershwin -- The challenge of asthma in minority populations / Albin B. Leong -- Asthma and the law / Charles Bond.The origins and characteristics of asthma / Russell J. Hopp and Robert G. Townley -- Diagnosing allergic asthma / Gerald L. Klein -- How the pulmonary function laboratory contributes to the management of the patient with asthma / Richard E. Kanner and Theodore G. Liou -- Treatment of asthma in children / Christopher Chang -- Adult-onset asthma / Samuel Louie ... [et al.] -- The patient with asthma in the emergency department / Donna Kinser -- Severe asthma: from ICU to discharge / Brian M. Morrissey, Nicholas J. Kenyon, and Timothy E. Albertson -- Complementary/alternative therapies in asthma / Andrea Borchers, Carl L. Keen, and M. Eric Gershwin --The pregnant patient with asthma / Arif M. Seyal -- Infectious and environmental triggers of asthma / Laurel J. Gershwin -- Exercise-induced asthma: sports and athletes / Rahmat Afrasiabi -- How can foods, additives, and drugs affect the patient with asthma? / Suzanne S. Teuber -- Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis: an evolving challenge in asthma / Brian M. Morrissey and Samuel Louie --
- Bronchial asthma. 6th ed. 2011, Springer
- Print Material
- Bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome in lung transplantation 2013, SpringerBronchiolitis obliterans syndrome and chronic lung allograft dysfunction: evolving concepts and nomenclature -- Airway pathology in lung transplants -- Non-bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome forms of chronic lung allograft dysfunction -- The role of thoracic imaging in the diagnosis of BOS and related disorders -- Making a confident diagnosis of obliterative bronchiolitis -- The role of alloimmune T cell responses in obliterative bronchiolitis -- Antibody-mediated rejection and the bronchiolitis oblitereans syndrome -- Innate immune responses and bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome -- Mechanisms of fibrogenesis in post-transplant bronchiolitis obliterans -- The role of autoimmunity in the pathogenesis of obliterative bronchiolitis -- The role of infections of BOS -- Gastroesophageal reflux and aspiration in chronic lung allograft dysfunction and bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome: detection and treatment -- Bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome in children -- Immunosuppression for the prevention and treatment of BOS -- Macrolides for the treatment and prevention of BOS -- Other treatments for bronchiolitis obliterans syndrome.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Brutes or angels 2013, ebraryA guide to the rapidly progressing Age of Biotechnology, Brutes or Angels provides basic information on a wide array of new technologies in the life sciences, along with the ethical issues raised by each. With stem cell research, Dolly the cloned sheep, in vitro fertilization, age retardation, and pharmaceutical mind enhancement, humankind is now faced with decisions that it has never before had to consider. The thoughtfulness, or lack of it, that we bring to those decisions will largely determine the future character of the living world.
- Print Material
- Bugs, drugs, & smoke 2011, WHOSmallpox : eradicating an ancient scourge -- Oral rehydration salts : a miracle cure -- Mental health : unlocking the asylum doors -- The tobacco trap : fighting back -- AIDS : fear, stigma, and hope -- Tuberculosis : complacency kills -- Outbreak : the world's emergency room.
- Building and maintaining a data warehouse SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Print MaterialIntroduction -- Attracting visionary and courageous leaders -- Building a place for caring, healing and learning -- Holding steady when the earth gives way -- Fighting back against epidemics -- Saving lives and making them better with all the latest care -- Pioneering new methods of surgery -- Forging a strong partnership with physicians -- Setting the standard for nursing care -- Fulfilling a long commitment to children and families -- Remembering the human side of health care -- Keeping the community healthy -- Reaching out to people in their homes -- Unlocking the mysteries of the human body -- Inspiring the loyalty of donors and volunteers -- Teaming up with business and industry -- Managing change with skill and care -- Looking ahead -- Marking milestones in the history of health care.
- Building customized data pipelines using the Entrez Programming Utilities (eUtils) 2005, NCBI Bookshelf
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Buka's Emergencies in dermatology 2013, SpringerNeonatal and Pediatric Dermatologic Emergencies -- Infectious Emergencies in Dermatology -- Drug Eruptions -- Histamine-Mediated Emergencies -- Cutaneous Emergencies in the HIV-Positive Patient -- Graft-Versus-Host Disease -- Erythroderma -- Vesiculobullous Dermatoses -- Vasculitis -- Skin Manifestations of Internal Disease -- Cutaneous Findings of Collagen Vascular Disease and Related Emergent Complications -- Burn and Other Exposure Injuries -- Dermatological Emergencies: Skin Manifestations of Abuse -- Dermatologic Surgery Complications -- Bites and Stings.
- Bullying 2004, ScienceDirectWhat is bullying? /Cheryl E. Sanders --Who are the victims? /Xin Ma --Atheoretical review of bullying: can it be eliminated? /Adrienne Nishina --In the looking glass: a reciprocal effect model elucidating the complex nature of bullying, psychological determinants, and the central role of self-concept /Herbert W. Marsh...[et al.] -- Thebully in the family: family influences on bullying /James R. Holmes,Heather A. Holmes-Lonergan --Peer influences /Helen Cowie --Schools and bullying: school factors related to bullying and school-based bullying interventions /Allison Ann Payne,Denise C. Gottfredson --Bullying during middle school years /A.D. Pellegrini --Evaluating curriculum-based intervention programs: an examination of preschool, primary, and elementary school intervention programs /Faith L. Samples --Research based interventions on bullying /Jaana Juvonen,Sandra Graham.
- Bupleurum species 2006, CRCnetBASEMacroscopical characters of the medicinal species of Bupleurum and their distribution in China / Sheng-Li Pan and Yun Kang -- Microscopical characters of the medicinal species of Bupleurum in China / Sheng-Li Pan -- Chromosomes of Bupleurum l. especially for the classification and cross-breeding of B. falcatum L. sensu lato / Shigeki Ohta ... [et al.] -- Cultivation of Bupleurum falcatum in Japan / Osamu Iida -- Distribution of saikosaponins of Bupleurum falcatum and variation of its contents in plant organs by environmental factors / Nak-Sul Seong, Hae-Gon Chung and Kwan-Su Kim -- Main chemical constituents of Bupleurum genus / Sheng-Li Pan -- The chemistry and biological activity of the genus Bupleurum in Spain / Alejandro F. Barrero ... [et al.] -- The chemistry and biological activity of the genus Bupleurum in Italy / Luisa Pistelli --The pharmacological activity of Chinese "chaihu": the root of Bupleurum species / Xiao-Min Du, Hui Xie and Yun Kang -- Pharmacological activity of saikosaponins / Byung-Zun Ahn and Dai-Eun Sok -- Mitogenic substances of Bupleuri radix / Naohito Ohno and Toshiro Yadomae -- Clinical applications of prescriptions containing Bupleurum root / Bai-Can Yang and Jun Wang -- Anti-hepatofibrotic effect of xiao-chaihu-tang (sho-saiko-to) / Ichiro Shimizu -- Preventive effects of sho-saiko-to against septic shock symptoms / Shuhei Sakaguchi -- Patents containing Bupleurum.
- Buprenorphine and HIV primary care Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- "... provides an established, recognized, authoritative and comprehensive source on medicinal chemistry and drug discovery and development. This flagship reference for medicinal chemists and pharmaceutical professions has been thoroughly updated and expanded across 8 volumes to incorporate the entire process of drug development (preclinical testing, clinical trials, etc.) alongside the traditional strengths in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery"--Provided by publisher.
- Burkhart's View of the shoulder 2006, OvidVisualization -- Angle of approach -- Creating a stable construct -- Understanding and recognizing pathology -- The tough stuff -- Exposing the hidden arthroscopic landmarks -- Insurmountable problems -- Gaining speed and tricks of the trade -- Order of steps -- Rotator cuff tear patterns -- Postoperative rehabilitation -- Operating room set-up -- Instability -- SLAP repair -- Subacromial procedures (non-cuff) -- Stiffness -- Rotator cuff -- Biceps -- Tricks and tips -- Assorted conditions -- The future.
- Burkitt's lymphoma 2013, SpringerThis volume aims to bring together efforts with a patient-oriented focus from physicians to diagnostics and clinical implications of the disease as mostly seen in the equatorial African setting. However, the chapters cover the breadth of studies on Burkitt's lymphoma with some clues for the potential future of Burkitt's lymphoma research that can have therapeutic benefits for patients. This text explore a range of topics associated with Burkitt's lymphoma, including molecular biology, diagnosis, its association with AIDS and Malaria, immune responses, therapeutic approaches and a unique view from the bedside. This volume is comprehensive and unique and represents the most up-to-date clinical and research activities on Burkitt's lymphoma.
- Burn care and treatment 2013, SpringerInitial Assessment, Resuscitation, Wound Evaluation and Early Care /Shahriar Shahrokhi --Pathophysiology of Burn Injury /Marc G. Jeschke --Wound Healing and Wound Care /Gerd G. Gauglitz --Infections in Burns /Shahriar Shahrokhi --Acute Burn Surgery /Lars-Peter Kamolz --Critical Care of Burn Victims Including Inhalation Injury /Marc G. Jeschke --Nutrition of the Burned Patient and Treatment of the Hypermetabolic Response /Marc G. Jeschke --Nursing Management of the Burn-Injured Person /Judy Knighton --Electrical Injury, Chemical Burns, and Cold Injury "Frostbite" /Shahriar Shahrokhi --Long-Term Pathophysiology and Consequences of a Burn Including Scarring, HTS, Keloids and Scar Treatment, Rehabilitation, Exercise /Gerd G. Gauglitz --Burn Reconstruction Techniques /Lars-Peter Kamolz, Stephan Spendel.
- Business principles for legal nurse consultants 2006, CRCnetBASE
- 1. Genetic variability provides the biochemical basis for our individuality, including differences in our susceptibility to many common diseases -- 2. Making the most of family history information, single gene disorders and Mendelian patterns of inheritance, and when to refer to a genetic specialist -- 3. Types of genetic tests and issues associated with the interpretation of their results -- 4. Toward the safer and more effective use of prescription drugs: pharmacogenetics -- 5. Taking a personalized medicine approach to breast and colon cancer -- 6. Personalized risk assessments and treatments for complex cardiovascular disease -- 7. Other multifactorial disorders for which genetic/genomic testing is providing insights -- Epilogue and list of resources.
- Butyl acetates 2005Print Material
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases