- B cell protocols .......................
- — Between the lines of genetic code ......
- Beyond bullet points ...................
- — Biomechanics of lower limb prosthetic...
- Biomechanics of the musculo-skeletal ...
- — Bone health in children ................
- Bone marrow and stem cell transplanta...
- — Butyl acetates .........................
- Print Material
- Biomechanics of the upper limbs. 1st ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Biomechatronics in medicine and health care 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Biomedical applications of biophysics. Volume 3 2010, SpringerProtein Structure Prediction / Patrice Koehl -- Molecular Modeling of Biomembranes: A How-to Approach / Allison N. Dickey and Roland Faller -- Introduction to Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Spectroscopy / Marcin Brynda -- Theory and Applications of Biomolecular NMR Spectroscopy / James B. Ames -- FRET and Its Biological Application as a Molecular Ruler / Jie Zheng -- Introduction to Modern Techniques in Mass Spectrometry / Caroline S. Chu and Carlito B. Lebrilla -- Transmission Electron Microscopy and Computer-Aided Image Processing for 3D Structural Analysis of Macromolecules / Dominik J. Green and R. Holland Cheng -- Raman Spectroscopy of Living Cells / Tyler Weeks and Thomas Huser.
- Biomedical aspects of histamine 2010, Springer
- Biomedical consulting agreements 2012, ebraryIssues to consider when negotiating a consulting agreement -- What constitutes consulting? -- Scope of services -- Cash compensation -- Shares, stock options, and taxes -- Confidentiality obligations -- IP rights -- Noncompetition -- Time commitment -- Term and termination -- Multiple relationships with one company -- Start-up issues -- Other clauses -- Use of consulting entity.
- Biomedical engineering fundamentals 2006, CRCnetBASESect. I. Physiologic systems. An outline of cardiovascular structure and function -- Endocrine system -- Nervous system -- Vision system -- Auditory system -- Gastrointestinal system -- Respiratory system -- sect. II. Physiological modeling, simulation, and control. Modeling strategies and cardiovascular dynamics -- Compartmental models of physiologic systems -- Cardiovascular models and control -- Respiratory models and control -- Neural networks for physiological control -- Methods and tools for identification of physiologic systems -- Autoregulating windkessel dynamics may cause low frequency oscillations -- External control of movements -- The fast eye movement control system -- A comparative approach to analysis and modeling of cardiovascular function -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation: biomedical and biophysical analyses -- sect. III. Bioelectric phenomena. Basic electrophysiology -- Volume conductor theory -- The electrical conductivity of tissues -- Membrane models -- Computaitonal methods and software for bioelectric field problems -- Principles of electrocardiography -- Principles of electromyography -- Principles of electroencephalography -- Biomagnetism -- Electrical stimulation of excitable systems -- sect. IV. Neuroengineering. History and overview of neural engineering -- Electrical stimulation of the central nervous system -- Transcutaneous FES for ambulation: the parastep system -- Comparing electrodes for use as cortical control signals: tiny tines, tiny wires, or tiny cones on wires: which is best? -- Development of a multi-functional 22-channel functional electrical stimulator for paraplegia -- An implantable bionic network of injectable neural prosthetic devices: the future platform for functional electrical stimulation and sensing to restore movement and sensation -- Visual prostheses -- Interfering with the genesis and propagation of epileptic seizures by neuromodulation -- Transcranial magnetic stimulation of deep brain regions -- sect. V. Biomaterials. Metallic biomaterials -- Ceramic biomaterials -- Polymeric biomaterials -- Composite biomaterials -- Biodegradable polymeric biomaterials: an updated overview -- Biologic biomaterials: tissue-derived biomaterials (collagen) -- Soft tissue replacements -- Hard tissue replacements -- Controlling and assessing cell-biomaterial interactions at the micro- and nanoscale: applications in tissue engineering -- sect. VI. Biomechanics. Mechanics of hard tissue -- Musculoskeletal soft tissue mechanics -- Joint-articulating surface motion -- Joint lubrication -- Analysis of gait -- Mechanics of head/neck -- Biomechanics of chest and abdomen impact -- Cardiac biomechanics -- Heart valve dynamics -- Arterial macrocirculatory hemodynamics -- Mechanics of blood vessels -- The venous system -- Mechanics, molecular transport, and regulation in the microcirculation -- Mechanics and deformability of hematocytes -- Mechanics of tissue/lymphatic transport -- Modeling in cellular biomechanics -- Cochlear mechanics -- Vestibular mechanics -- Exercise physiology -- Factors affecting mechanical work in humans -- sect. VII. Rehabilitation engineering. Rehabilitation engineering, science, and technology -- Orthopedic prosthetics and orthotics in rehabilitation -- Wheeled mobility: wheelchairs and personal transportation -- Externally powered and controlled orthoses and prostheses -- Sensory augmentation and substitution -- Augmentative and alternative communication -- Measurement tools and processes in rehabilitation engineering -- Rehabilitation engineering technologies: principles of application -- sect. VIII. Human performance engineering. The elemental resource model for human performance -- Measurement of neuromuscular performance capacities -- Measurement of sensory-motor control performance capacities: tracking tasks -- Measurement of information-processing subsystem performance capacities -- High-level task analysis: cognitive components -- Task analysis and decomposition: physical components -- Human-computer interaction design -- Applications of human performance measurements to clinical trials to determine therapy effectiveness and safety -- Applications of quantitative assessment of human performance in occupational medicine -- Human performance engineering design and analysis tools -- Human performance engineering: challenges and prospects for the future -- sect. IX. Ethics. Beneficence, nonmaleficence, and medical technology -- Ethical issues related to clinical research.
- Biomedical EPR pt. A-B, 2004., Springerpt. B, 2004 SpringerPt. A. Free radicals, metals, medicine, and physiology -- Pt. B. Methodology, instrumentation, and dynamics.
- Print Material
- Biomedical image analysis 2005., CRCnetBASE
- Print Material
- Biomedical informatics for cancer research 2010, Springer
- Biomedical informatics. 3rd ed. 2006, Springer
- Biomedical informatics. Fourth edition. [4th ed.] / 2014, SpringerBiomedical Informatics: Computer Applications in Health Care and Biomedicine meets the growing demand of practitioners, researchers, educators, and students for a comprehensive introduction to key topics in the field and the underlying scientific issues that sit at the intersection of biomedical science, patient care, public health, and information technology (IT). This 4th edition reflects the remarkable changes in both computing and health care that continue to occur and the exploding interest in the role that IT must play in care coordination and the melding of genomics with innovations in clinical practice and treatment. New chapters have been introduced on the health information infrastructure, consumer health informatics, telemedicine, translational bioinformatics, clinical research informatics, and health IT policy, while the others have all undergone extensive revisions, in many cases with new authors. The organization and philosophy are unchanged, focusing on the science of information and knowledge management and the role of computers and communications in modern biomedical research, health, and health care. Emphasizing the conceptual basis of the field rather than technical details, it provides an introduction and extensive bibliography so that readers can comprehend, assess, and utilize biomedical informatics and health IT. The volume focuses on easy-to-understand examples, a guide to additional literature, chapter summaries, and a comprehensive glossary with concise definitions of recurring terms for self-study or classroom use.
- Biomedical nanotechnology 2005, CRCnetBASEConverging technologies : nanotechnology and biomedicine / Mihail C. Roco -- Trends in biomedical nanotechnology programs worldwide / Mark Morrison and Ineke Malsch -- Nanotechnology and trends in drug delivery systems with self-assembled carriers / Kenji Yamamoto -- Implants and prostheses / Jeroen J.J.P. van den Beucken, X. Frank Walboomers, and John A. Jansen -- Diagnostics and high throughput screening / Aránzazu del Campo and Ian J. Bruce -- Nano-enabled components and systems for biodefense / Calvin Shipbaugh ... [et al.] -- Social and economic contexts : making choices in the development of biomedical nanotechnology / Ineke Malsch -- Potential risks and remedies / Emmanuelle Schuler.
- Biomedical photonics handbook 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Biomedical polymers 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Biomedical signals and systems 2014, Atypon
- Biomedical simulation 2008, Springer
- Biomedical technology and devices handbook 2004, CRCnetBASEMeasuring Body Temperature / Daniel S. Moran, Stephen L. Gaffin, Liran Mendel -- Ultrasonic Blood Flow and Velocity Measurement / Craig J. Hartley -- Electromagnetic Blood Flow Measurements / Reza Tabrizchi, Noriko Iida -- Electromyography: Detection, Processing, and Applications / Marco Pozzo, Dario Farina, Roberto Merletti -- Evoked Potentials / Hermann Hinrichs -- Electroencephalography / Hermann Hinrichs -- Hearing and Audiologic Assessment / Herbert Jay Gould, Daniel S. Beasley -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Timothy P.L. Roberts, Christopher K. Macgowan -- Ultrasonic Imaging / Elisa E. Konofagou -- Emission Imaging: SPECT and PET / Anthony J. McGoron, Juan Franquiz -- Endoscopy / Thomas D. Wang, George Triadafilopoulos -- Functional Brain Mapping Using Intracranial Source Imaging / George Zouridakis, Darshan Iyer -- Molecular Biology Techniques and Applications / Lidia Kos, Roman Joel Garcia -- Theoretical Considerations for the Efficient Design of Dna Arrays / Arnold Vainrub ... [et al.] -- Biological Assays: Cellular Level / Clark T. Hung, Robert L. Mauck -- Histology and Staining / S.E. Greenwald, A.G. Brown.Radioimmunoassay: Technical Background / Eiji Kawasaki -- Genetic Engineering of Animals / Carl A. Pinkert -- Gene-Enhanced Tissue Engineering / Stelios T. Andreadis -- Shear Stress and Chondrocytes / C.Corey Scott, Kyriacos A. Athanasiou -- Bioactive Scaffold Design for Articular Cartilage Engineering / Eric M. Darling, Kyriacos A. Athanasiou -- Anesthesia/Monitoring Devices / Spencer Kee -- Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring Carla S. Hatten, George Zouridakis -- Technical Considerations in the Contruction of Vascular Anastomoses / Mark A. Grevious ... [et al.] -- Minimally Invasive Cardiovascular Technologies / James E. Moore ... [et al.] -- Stereotactic Procedures / Michael D. Weil -- Ambulatory Applications for Monitoring Physiological Parameters / Carolyn B. Yucha, Pei-Shan Tsai, Kristine S. Calderon -- Neural Prostheses for Movement Restoration / Dejan B. Popovic -- Pharmaceutical Technical Background on Delivery Methods / Robert S. Litman ... [et al.] -- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy / Tonja Weed, Timothy Bill, Thomas J. Gampper -- Image-Guided Thermal Therapy / Rajiv Chopra -- Medical Robotics / Kevin Cleary, Charles C. Nguyen.
- Biomedical technology assessment 2010, AtyponEvaluating biomedical technology poses a significant challenge in light of the complexity and rate of introduction in today's healthcare delivery system. Successful evaluation requires an integration of clinical medicine, science, finance, and market analysis. Little guidance, however, exists for those who must conduct comprehensive technology evaluations. The 3Q Method meets these present day needs. The 3Q Method is organized around 3 key questions dealing with 1) clinical and scientific basis, 2) financial fit and 3) strategic and expertise fit. Both healthcare providers (e.g., hospitals) and medical industry providers can use the Method to evaluate medical devices, information systems and work processes from their own perspectives. The book describes the 3Q Method in detail and provides additional suggestions for optimal presentation and report preparation.
- Biomedicalization 2010, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialBiomedicalization : technoscientific transformations of health, illness, and U.S biomedicine / Adele E. Clarke, Janet K. Shim, Laura Mamo, Jennifer Ruth Fosket, and Jennifer R. Fishman -- Charting (bio)medicine and (bio)medicalization in the United States, 1890/present / Adele E. Clarke, Jennifer Ruth Fosket, Laura Mamo, Jennifer R. Fishman, and Janet K. Shim -- From the rise of medicine to biomedicalization : U.S. healthscapes and iconography, circa 1890/present / Adele E. Clarke -- Gender and medicalization and biomedicalization theories / Elianne Riska -- Fertility, Inc. : consumption and subjectification in U.S. lesbian reproductive practices / Laura Mamo -- The body as image : an examination of the economic and political dynamics of magnetic resonance imaging and the construction of difference / Kelly Joyce -- The stratified biomedicalization of heart disease : expert and lay perspectives on racial and class inequality / Janet K. Shim -- Marking populations and persons at risk : molecular epidemiology and environmental health / Sara Shostak -- Surrogate markers and surrogate marketing in biomedicine : the regulatory etiology and commercial progression of "ethnic" drug development / Jonathan Kahn -- The making of Viagra : the biomedicalization of sexual dysfunction / Jennifer R. Fishman -- Bypassing blame : bariatric surgery and the case of biomedical failure / Natalie Boero -- Breast cancer risk as disease : biomedicalizing risk / Jennifer Ruth Fosket -- Biopsychiatry and the informatics of diagnosis : governing mentalities / Jackie Orr.
- Biomembranes. Part J, Membrane biogenesis, assembly and targeting (general methods, eukaryotes) ScienceDirect
- Biomembranes. Part K, Membrane biogenesis, assembly and targeting (prokaryotes, mitochondria, and chloroplasts) ScienceDirect
- Biomembranes. Part N, Transport in bacteria, mitochondria, and chloroplasts-- protonmotive force ScienceDirect
- Biomembranes. Part Q, ATP driven pumps and related transport-- calcium proton, and potassium pumps 1988, ScienceDirect
- Biomembranes. Part T, Cellular and subcellular transport. Eukaryotic (nonepithelial) cells ScienceDirect
- Biomembranes. Part U, Cellular and subcellular transport. Eukaryotic (nonepithelial) cells ScienceDirect
- Biometric inverse problems 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Biomimetic materials and design 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Biomimetics 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Biomolecular action of ionizing radiation 2007, CRCnetBASEBasic radiation physics and chemistry -- Basic cell biology and molecular genetics -- Methods of cell and molecular radiobiology -- Ionizing radiation effects to the cytoplasm -- Damage to DNA by ionizing radiation -- Repair of radiation damage to DNA -- Cellular response to DNA damage -- Chromatin structure and radiation sensitivity -- Radiation-induced chromosome damage -- Modulation of radiation response via signal transduction pathways -- Radiation-induced apoptosis -- Early and late responding genes induced by ionizing radiation -- Cell death, cell survival, and adaptation -- Bystander effects and genomic instability -- Tumor radiobiology -- Radiation biology of nonmammalian species: three eukaryotes and a bacterium.
- Biomolecular computation for bionanotechnology 2007, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Biomolecular sensors 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Bionanotechnology 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Bionanotechnology 2006, Springer
- Biopacemaking 2007, Springer
- Biopharmaceutics applications in drug development 2008, Springer
- Biophysical chemistry of proteins 2011, Springer
- Biophysical tools for biologists. Vol. 1, In vitro techniques 2008, ScienceDirect
- Biophysical tools for biologists. Vol. 2, In vivo techniques 2008, ScienceDirect
- Biophysical, chemical, and functional probes of RNA structure, interactions and folding. Part A-B. 1st ed. pt. A-B, 2009., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2009 ScienceDirect
- Biopolymer methods in tissue engineering 2004, Springer Protocols
- Bioreactors for tissue engineering 2005, Springer
- Biosciences on the Internet 2002, WileyPending
- Biosensors and biodetection v. 1-2, 2009, Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2009 Springer ProtocolsV. 1. Optical-based detectors. Pt. I. Optical-based detectors. Surface plasmon resonance and surface plasmon field-enhanced fluorescence spectroscopy for sensitive detection of tumor markers / Yusuke Arima ... [et al.] -- Surface plasmon resonance biosensor for biomolecular interaction analysis based on spatial modulation phase detection / Xiang Ding, Fangfang Liu, and Xinglong Yu -- Array-based spectral SPR biosensor: analysis of mumps virus infection / Jong Seol Yuk and Kwon-Soo Ha -- Optical biosensors based on photonic crystal surface waves / Valery N. Konopsky and Elena V. Alieva -- Surface plasmon resonance biosensing / Marek Piliarik, Hana Vaisocherová, and Jiří Homola -- Label-free detection with the resonant mirror biosensor / Mohammed Zourob ... [et al.] -- Label-free detection with the liquid core optical ring resonator sensing platform / Ian M. White ... [et al.] -- Reflectometric interference spectroscopy / Guenther Proll ... [et al.] -- Phase sensitive interferometry for biosensing applications / Digant P. Davé -- Label-free serodiagnosis on a grating coupler / Thomas Nagel, Eva Ehrentreich-Förster, and Frank F. Bier -- Pt. II. Indirect detectors. CCD camera detection of HIV infection / John R. Day --Integrating waveguide biosensor / Shuhong Li ... [et al.] -- Detection of fluorescence generated in microfluidic channel using in-fiber grooves and in-fiber microchannel sensors / Rudi Irawan and Swee Chuan Tjin -- Multiplex integrating waveguide sensor: SignalyteTM-II / Shuhong Li ... [et al.] -- CCD based fiber-optic spectrometer detection / Rakesh Kapoor -- V. 2. Electrochemical and mechanical detectors, lateral flow and ligands for biosensors. Pt. I. Mechanical detectors. A set of piezoelectric biosensors using cholinesterases / Carsten Teller ... [et al.] -- Piezoelectric biosensors for aptomer-protein interaction / Sara Tombelli ... [et al.] -- Piezoelectric quartz crystal resonators applied for immunosensing and affinity interaction studies / Petr Skládal -- Biosensors based on cantilevers / Mar Alvarez ... [et al.] -- Piezoelectric-excited millimeter-sized cantilever biosensors / Raj Mutharasan -- Pt. II. Electrochemical detectors. Preparation of screen-printed electrochemical immunosensors for estradiol, and their application in biological fluids / Roy M. Pemberton and John P. Hart -- Electrochemical DNA biosensors: protocols for intercalator-based detection of hybridization in solution and at the surface / Kagan Kerman, Mun'delanji Vestergaard, and Eiichi Tamiya --Electrochemical biosensor technology: application to pesticide detection / Ilaria Palchetti, Serena Laschi, and Marco Mascini -- Electrochemical detection of DNA hybridization using micro and nanoparticles / María Teresa Castañeda, Salvador Alegret, and Arben Merkuçi -- Electrochemical immunosensing using micro and nanoparticles / Alfredo de la Escosura-Muñiz ... [et al.] -- Methods for the preparation of electrochemical composite biosensors based on gold nanparticles / A. González-Cortés, P. Yáñez-Sedeño, and J.M. Pingarrón -- Pt. III. Lateral flow. Immunochromatographic lateral flow strip tests / Gaiping Zhang, Junqing Guo, Xuannian Wang -- Liposome-enhanced lateral-flow assays for the sandwich-hybridization detection of RNA / Katie A. Edwards and Antje J. Baeumner -- Rapid prototyping of lateral flow assays / Alexander Volkov ... [et al.] -- Lateral flow colloidal gold-based immunoassay for pesticide / Shuo Wang, Can Zhang, and Yan Zhang -- Pt. IV. Ligands. Synthesis of a virus electrode for measurement of prostate specific membrane antigen / Juan E. Diaz ... [et al.] --Simple luminescence detector for capillary electrophoresis / Antonio Segura-Carretero, Jorge F. Fernández-Sánchez, and Alberto Fernández-Gutiérrez -- Optical system design for biosensors based on CCD detection / Douglas A. Christensen and James N. Herron --A simple portable electroluminescence illumination-based CCD detector / Yordan Kostov ... [et al.] -- Fluoroimmunoassays using the NRL array biosensor / Joel P. Golden and Kim E. Sapsford -- Biosensors technologies: acousto-optic tunable filter-based hyperspectral and polarization images for fluorescence and spectroscopic imaging / Neelam Gupta -- Photodiode-based detection system for biosensors / Yordan Kostov -- Photodiode array on-chip biosensor for the detection of E. coli O157:H7 pathogenic bacteria / Joon Myong Song and Ho Taik Kwon -- DNA analysis with a photo-diode array sensor / Hideki Kambara and Guohua Zhou -- Miniaturized and integrated fluorescence detectors for microfluidic capillary electrophoresis devices / Toshihiro Kamei -- Photomultiplier tubes in biosensors / Yafeng Guan --In vivo bacteriophage display for the discovery of novel peptide-based tumor-targeting agents / Jessica R. Newton and Susan L. Deutscher -- Biopanning of phage displayed peptide libraries for the isolation of cell-specific ligands / Michael J. McGuire, Shunzi Li, and Kathlynn C. Brown -- Biosensor detection systems: engineering stable, high-affinity bioreceptors by yeast surface display / Sarah A. Richman, David M. Kranz, and Jennifer D. Stone -- Antibody affinity optimization using yeast cell surface display / Robert W. Siegel -- Using RNA aptamers and the proximity ligation assay for the detection of cell surface antigens / Supriya S. Pai and Andrew D. Ellington -- In vitro selection of protein-binding DNA aptamers as ligands for biosensing applications / Naveen K. Navani, Wing Ki Mok, and Yingfu Li -- Pt. V. Protein and DNA preparation. Immobilization of biomolecules onto silica and silica-based surfaces for use in planar array biosensors / Lisa C. Shriver-Lake, Paul T. Charles, and Chris R. Taitt -- Rapid DNA amplification using a battery-powered thin-film resistive thermocycler / Keith E. Herold ... [et al.].
- Biosensors and cancer 2013, CRCnetBASEFunctional optical imaging-based biosensors / Pablo Iglesias and Jose A. Costoya -- Use of a surface plasmon resonance (SPR) biosensor to characterize zwitterionic coatings on SiO2 for cancer biomarker detection / Norman D. Brault, Shaoyi Jiang, and Qiuming Yu -- Microcantilever-based biosensor array for tumor angiogenic marker detection / Riccardo Castagna and Carlo Ricciardi -- Electrochemical DNA biosensors at the nanoscale / Rosa Letizia Zaffino ... [et al.] -- Aptamer-based biosensors for cancer studies / Ilaria Palchetti and Marco Mascini -- Fluorescent biosensors for cancer cell imaging and diagnostics / May C. Morris -- Electrical and electrochemical immunosensor for cancer study / Seung Yong Lee and Seung Yong Hwang -- Multifunctional nanobiosensors for cancer / Dai-Wen Pang and Er-Qun Song -- Silicon nanowire biosensor for cancer markers / Yang-Kyu Choi and Chang-Hoon Kim -- DNA-electrochemical biosensors and oxidative damage to DNA : application to cancer / Victor Constantin Diculescu and Ana Maria Oliveira Brett -- Asparaginase-based asparagine biosensors and their application to leukemia / Neelam Verma and Kuldeep Kumar -- Breast cancer detection using surface plasmon resonance-based biosensors / Chii-Wann Lin and Chia-Chen Chang -- Detection of miRNA with silicon nanowire biosensors / Guo-Jun Zhang -- Biosensors for BCR-ABL activity and their application to cancer / Yusuke Ohba ... [et al.] -- Optical fiber nanobiosensor for single living cell detections of cancers / Xin Ting Zheng and Chang Ming Li -- Microfluidic biosensors for thyroglobulin detection and application to thyroid cancer / Seokheun Choi and Junseok Chae -- Optical biosensors and applications to drug discovery and development in cancer research / Carlo Bertucci and Angela De Simone -- Single-chain fragment variable recombinant antibodies and their applications in biosensors for cancer diagnosis / Xiangqun Zeng and Ray Mernaugh -- DNA biosensor for rapid detection of anticancer drugs / Sigen Wang and Ruili Wang -- Using UV light to engineer biosensors for cancer detection : the case of prostate specific antigen / Maria Teresa Neves-Petersen, Antonietta Parracino, and Steffen B. Petersen.
- Biosensors and environmental health. 1st ed. 2012, CRCnetBASE"Biosensors have a biological component within them and can be used to detect, monitor or quantify environmental substances. Chapters have an abstract, key facts, applications to other areas of health and disease and a "mini-dictionary" of key terms and summary points. Coverage includes personal toxicity testing, soil and risk assessment, pesticide, insecticides, parasites, nitrate, endocrine disruptors, heavy metals, food contamination, whole cell bioreporters, bacterial biosensors, antibody-based biosensors, enzymatic, amperometric and electrochemical aspects, quorum sensing, DNA-biosensors, cantilever biosensors, bioluminescence and other methods and applications. Contributors are leading authorities and the book is essential reading for environmental scientists, toxicologists, medical doctors, health care professionals, pathologists, biologists, biochemists, chemists and physicists, general practitioners as well as those interested in disease and sciences in general. "--Provided by publisher.
- Biosensors. 2nd ed. 2004Print Material
- Biosignal and biomedical image processing 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Biosimilars 2014, CRCnetBASE"This is the first book entirely devoted to the design and analysis for assessment of biosimilarity and drug interchangeability of biosimilars, and test for comparability in manufacturing processes of biologic products. It covers all of the statistical issues that may occur in biosimilar studies under various study designs at various stages of research and development of biologic products"-- Provided by publisher.
- Biosimilars 2013, SpringerBiologicals' Characteristics / K. Ho and J.-H. Trouvin --From the Biosimilar Concept to the Marketing Authorisation / M. Pavlovic and J.-L. Prugnaud --Immunogenicity / J.-L. Prugnaud --Substitution and Interchangeability / J.-L. Prugnaud --G-CSFs: Onco-Hematologist's Point of View / D. Kamioner --The Oncologist's Point of View / C. Chouaïd --Biosimilars: Challenges Raised by Biosimilars: Who is Responsible for Cost and Risk Management? / F. Megerlin.
- Biosocial foundations of family processes 2011, Springer"Genes and environment. Biology and behavior. Nature and nurture. The terminology may be clear-cut, but the processes themselves are far from simple: unlike the direct cause-and-effect dichotomies of past frameworks, researchers now recognize these family-based connections as multifaceted, transactional, and emergent. [This book] aims at illuminating a multiplicity of approaches and methodologies for studying family dynamics, to match the complex interplay of physiological factors, environmental challenges, and behavioral adaptations that characterize family life and development. Chapters illustrate physical and social influences on parenting, childhood, adolescence, fertility, and family formation, providing analytical frameworks for understanding key areas such as family behavior, health, development, and adaptation to contextual stressors."--Book jacket.
- Print Material
- Biostatistics and microbiology 2008, Springer
- Biostatistics for radiologists 2009, Springer
- Print MaterialData and numbers -- Descriptive methods -- Probability and life tables -- Probability distributions -- Study design -- Interval estimation -- Test of hypotheses -- Nonparametric tests -- Analysis of categorical data -- Analysis of survival data -- Analysis of variance -- Linear regression -- Logistic and proportional hazards regression -- Analysis of survey data.
- Print MaterialThe nature of data and statistics -- Analysis of variance -- Regression and correlation -- Nonparametric statistics -- Reprise.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Biosurfactants 2010, Springer
- Biotargets of cancer in current clinical practice 2012, SpringerCentral Nervous System Tumors /Paolo Aloisi, Francesco Martella, Davide Cerone and Giampiero Porzio --Head and Neck Tumours /Keith D. Hunter and Robert Bolt --Thyroid Cancer /Laura D. Locati, Angela Greco, Maria Grazia Borrello, Maria Luisa Carcangiu and Paolo Bossi, et al. --Targeted Therapies for Non-small-Cell Lung Cancer /Giulio Metro and Lucio Crinò --Non-Hodgkin's Lymphomas /Roberta Zappasodi and Massimo Di Nicola --Leukemias /Lia Ginaldi and Massimo De Martinis --Breast Cancer /Nadia Rucci, Luca Ventura and Anna Teti --Oesophago-Gastric Cancer /Alex M. Reece-Smith, Simon L. Parsons and Sue A. Watson --Colorectal Cancer /David N. Church, Rachel Susannah Midgley and David J. Kerr --Hepatocellular Carcinoma /Yasunori Minami and Masatoshi Kudo --Biomarkers for Prognosis and Molecularly Targeted Therapy in Renal Cell Carcinoma /Laura S. Schmidt --Bladder Cancer /Andrea Tubaro, Daniele Santini, Cosimo De Nunzio, Alice Zoccoli and Michele Iuliano --Biomarkers in Prostate Cancer /Mauro Bologna and Carlo Vicentini --Ovarian Cancer /Jessica Wangui Oribabor, Allison Ambrosio, Cesar M. Castro and Michael J. Birrer --Uterine Cancer: The Influence of Genetics and Environment on Cell Cycling Pathways in Cancer /Annekathryn Goodman, Leslie S. Bradford and Leslie A. Garrett --Biotargets in Sarcomas: The Past, Present, and a Look into the Future /Vivek Subbiah and Razelle Kurzrock --Melanoma and Other Skin Cancers /Kim H. T. Paraiso, Jobin K. John and Keiran S. M. Smalley --Molecular Pathology of Cancer Metastasis: Suggestions for Future Therapy /Adriano Angelucci and Edoardo Alesse --Current and Future Developments in Cancer Therapy Research: miRNAs as New Promising Targets or Tools /Marilena V. Iorio, Patrizia Casalini, Claudia Piovan, Luca Braccioli and Elda Tagliabue.
- BioTech life science dictionary Fulltext
- Biotechnological applications of photosynthetic proteins 2006, SpringerIntroduction: the emergence of a new technology / Maria Teresa Giardi -- A brief story of biosensor technology / Marco Mascini -- Photosystem II: composition and structure / Aspasia Spyridaki, Emmanuel Psylinakis, and Demetrios F. Ghanotakis -- Biogenesis and structural dynamics of the photosystem II complex / Josef Komenda ... [et al.] -- Engineering the D1 subunit of photosystem II: application to biosensor technology / Udo Johanningmeier ... [et al.] -- Chloroplast genomics of land plants and algae / Margarita S. Odintsova and Nadezhda P. Yurina -- Comparison of the immobilization techniques for photosystem II / Regis Rouillon ... [et al.] -- Comparison of photosynthetic organisms of the evolution scale for protein biochips / Maria Teresa Giardi, Dania Esposito, and Giuseppe Torzillo -- Signal transduction techniques for photosynthetic proteins / Pinalysa Cosma, Francesco Longobardi, and Angela Agostiano -- Biotechnological and computational approaches for the development of biosensors / Giulio Testone ... [et al.] --The problem of herbicide water monitoring in Europe / Licia Guzzella and Fiorenzo Pozzoni -- Application of chloroplast D1 protein in biosensors for monitoring photosystem II-inhibiting herbicides / Elena V. Piletska, Sergey A. Piletsky, and Regis Rouillon -- Photosystem II-based biosensors for the detection of photosynthetic herbicides / Maria Teresa Giardi and Emanuela Pace -- Mimicking the plastoquinone-binding pocket of photosystem II using molecularly imprinted polymers / Florent Breton ... [et al.] -- Photosystem II biosensors for heavy metals monitoring / Regis Rouillon ... [et al.] -- Development of biosensors for the detection of hydrogen peroxide / Louisa Giannoudi, Elena V. Piletska, and Sergey A. Piletsky -- Biodevices for space research / Dania Esposito ... [et al.] -- Successes in the development and application of innovative techniques / Eleftherios touloupakis ... [et al.].
- Biotechnology (Arlington, Va.) v. 4-, 2006-, Springer
- Biotechnology in surgery 2011, Springer
- Biotechnology in the pulp and paper industry 2002, ScienceDirect
- Biotechnology of fungal genes 2012, CRCnetBASEIdentification of fungal pathogenicity genes by Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transformation / Karunakaran Maruthachalam ... [et al.] -- The genetics and molecular biology of carotenoid biosynthesis in mucorales / Catalina Sanz, Mahdi Shahriari, and Arturo P. Eslava -- Induction and repression of carbohydrate degrading enzymes in fungi with special reference to their coding genes / Pauline Walsh, Alan Hernon, and Anthonia O'Donovan -- Involvement of ADH1, IPT1, and PMT genes in Candida albicans pathogenesis / Mahmoud Rouabhia and Mahmoud Ghannoum -- Enhanced resistance to fungal pathogens in plants through selective utilization of useful fungal genes / B.K. Sarma ... [et al.] -- Genes encoding penicillin and cephalosporin biosinthesis in Acremonium chrysogenum : two separate clusters are required for cephalosporin production / Juan-Francisco Martøn, Carlos Garcia-Estrada, and Ricardo V. Ullon -- A review of the fungal B-galactosidase gene and its biotechnological applications / Anne G. Lydon -- Trichoderma genes involved in interactions with fungi and plants / Mala Mukherjee -- Use of luciferases as a tool to analyze fungal physiology in association with gene transcription / David M. Arana and Jess Pla --Fungal genes and their respective enzymes in industrial food, bio-based, and pharma applications / Marco van den Berg ... [et al.] -- Fungal metacaspases : an overview / Anthonia O'Donovan, Finola E. Cliffe, and Mary C. Shier -- Signaling molecules in the Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi / Mohammad Miransari -- Role of pathogenic genes of Fusarium oxysporum, coding cell wall degrading enzymes during wilt infection in plants / Vijai Kumar Gupta, Maria Tuohy, and A. Manimaran -- Engineering fungal expression systems : recombinant expression of two class I alpha-1, 2-mannosidases from the filamentous fungus Aspergillus nidulans / C. Joshua Eades and William E. Hintz -- PCR-diagnostic of Septoria nodorum berk : aggresivenes in wheat tissue / I.V. Maksimov and A.Sh. Valeev -- Detection of toxigeneic and pathogenic fungi targeting metabolic pathway genes / Venkataramana Mudili ... [et al.] -- Pathogenicity genes in entomopathogenic fungia used as biopesticides / K. Uma Devi ... [et al.].
- Biotechnology of plasma proteins 2013, CRCnetBASE"Discussing the role of plasma proteins in current biotechnology, this book describes the protein composition of human plasma, the fractionation of plasma to obtain therapeutic proteins, and the analysis of these products. It delineates the path from plasma products to recombinant products, and highlights products from albumin, intravenous immunoglobins, and coagulation. It offers a comprehensive review of current techniques for the analysis of proteins including electrophoresis, chromatography, spectrophotometry, and mass spectrometry as well as updates not published since 1975"--Provided by publisher.
- Biotechnology organizations in action 2002, ScienceDirect
- Bioterrorism 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Bioterrorism 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Bioterrorism and food safety 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Bioterrorism and infectious agents 2005, SpringerAnthrax : a disease and a weapon / Kenneth Alibek, Catherine Lobanova and Serguei Popov -- Plague as a biological weapon / David T. Dennis -- Tularemia and bioterrorism / Lisa Hodges and Robert L. Penn -- Melioidosis and Glanders as possible biological weapons / David Allan Brett Dance -- Smallpox as a weapon for bioterrorism / J. Michael Lane -- Hemorrhagic Fever viruses as biological weapons / Allison Groseth ... [et al.] -- Botulism as a potential agent of bioterrorism / Thomas P. Bleck -- Ricin : a possible, noninfectious biological weapon / Maor Maman and Yoav Yehezkelli -- Bioterrorism alert for health care workers / Theodore J. Cieslak, George W. Christopher and Edward M. Eitzen -- The economics of planning and preparing for bioterrorism / Martin I. Meltzer.
- Bioterrorism and infectious agents 2009, SpringerAnthrax : a disease and a weapon / Kenneth Alibek, Catherine Lobanova and Serguei Popov -- Plague as a biological weapon / David T. Dennis -- Tularemia and bioterrorism / Lisa Hodges and Robert L. Penn -- Melioidosis and Glanders as possible biological weapons / David Allan Brett Dance -- Smallpox as a weapon for bioterrorism / J. Michael Lane -- Hemorrhagic Fever viruses as biological weapons / Allison Groseth ... [et al.] -- Botulism as a potential agent of bioterrorism / Thomas P. Bleck -- Ricin : a possible, noninfectious biological weapon / Maor Maman and Yoav Yehezkelli -- Bioterrorism alert for health care workers / Theodore J. Cieslak, George W. Christopher and Edward M. Eitzen -- The economics of planning and preparing for bioterrorism / Martin I. Meltzer.
- Bioterrorism sourcebook 2006, AccessMedicineIntroduction to terrorism and bioterrorism -- A clinical approach to biological, chemical, and nuclear terrorism -- Clinicians' roles in public health preparedness and emergency response -- Environmental terrorism -- Surveillance systems and bioterrorism -- Vulnerable groups: a summary of relevant concerns -- Psychological effects of the BCN threat -- Toxicology and bioterrorism -- Legal and ethical issues -- A brief history of biological weapons -- Introduction to biological agents -- Smallpox (Variola major) -- Viral hemorrhagic fevers -- Anthrax -- Plague (Yersinia pestis) -- Tularemia (Francisella tularensis) -- Introduction to biotoxins -- Botulinum toxin -- Ricin -- Category B and C and additional agents -- Introduction to chemical weapons -- A brief history of chemical weapons -- Pulmonary agents -- Vesicants or blistering agents -- Nerve and incapacitating agents -- Blood agents -- A brief history of nuclear weapons and the atomic age -- An overview of radiation physics and injury -- Introduction to nucelar and radiation weapons -- Radiologic terrorism.
- Biotherapy-- history, principles and practice 2013, SpringerBiotherapy, an introduction / John C.T. Church -- Maggot therapy / Ronald A. Sherman, Kosta Y. Mumcuoglu, Martin Grassberger and Tarek I. Tantawi -- Hirudotherapy / Olga S. Gileva and Kosta Y. Mumcuoglu -- Apitherapy -- Bee venom therapy / Christopher M.H. Kim -- Apitherapy -- the use of honeybee products / Theodore Cherbuliez -- Ichthyotherapy / Martin Grassberger and Ronald A. Sherman -- Helminth therapy / David E. Elliott, David I. Pritchard, and Joel V. Weinstock -- Phage therapy / Elizabeth M. Kutter, Guram Gvasalia, Zemphira Alavidze and Erin Brewster -- Animal-assisted therapy: benefits and challenges / Mary Cole and Maureen Howard -- Equine-assisted therapy: an overview / Nina Ekholm Fry -- Canine olfactory detection of human disease / Claire Guest.
- Biothermodynamics. Part A-D. 1st ed. pt. A-D, 2009-11., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2009 ScienceDirectpt. C, 2011 ScienceDirectpt. D, 2011 ScienceDirect
- Biothiols. Part B, Glutathione and thioredoxin, thiols in signal transduction and gene regulation ScienceDirect
- Biotransformations 2002, ScienceDirect
- Biotransformations and bioprocesses 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Biotransport 2011, Springer
- Bipolar depression 2009, Springer
- Birkhäuser Advances in infectious diseases 2005-, SpringerInfectious diseases remain a substantial drain on human well-being and economies despite the availability of modern drugs. New pathogens emerge and known pathogens change their geographical distribution and their susceptibility to the available drugs. An understanding of the structure and function of infectious disease pathogens is a major scientific challenge with important potential applications. This monograph series provides up-to-date information on the latest developments in infectious disease research. The multi-authored volumes cover basic biology and biochemistry of pathogens as well as applied medical aspects and implications for public health and policy.-- Excerpted from publisher notes.
- Print MaterialPrologue : into the well and out again -- Birth in the age of AIDS -- India responds to the epidemic -- "The HIV test is like an immunization" : scenes from prenatal HIV counseling -- "I don't need my husband's permission?" : women's views on HIV/AIDS and decisions about prenatal testing -- HIV/AIDS and the gendering of stigma -- To birth or not to birth? : constraints and pragmatics in HIV-positive women's childbearing decisions -- HIV-positive women give birth : deception and determination -- Breast or bottle? : HIV-positive women's responses to global health policy on infant feeding -- Creating a storm : activists' hopes and mothers' fears -- Epilogue : memory boxes.
- Births to unmarried mothers Fulltext
- Bisesi and Kohn's Industrial hygiene evaluation methods. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Bispecific antibodies 2011, Springer
- Bisphosphonates and osteonecrosis of the jaw 2012, Springer1. Introduction / Robert E. Marx -- 2. Pharmacology: Mechanism of Action of Bisphosphonates / Angelina De Sarro and Letteria Minutoli -- 3. Use of Bisphosphonates in Oncology / Giuseppe Altavilla, Grazia Marabello, Chiara Tomasello and Vincenzo Pitini -- 4. Use of Bisphosphonates in Hematology / Caterina Musolino and Alessandro Allegra -- 5. Use of Bisphosphonates in Osteoporosis / Angelina De Sarro and Letteria Minutoli -- 6. Biomorphology in BIONJ: Anatomy and Histology / Giuseppina Cutroneo -- 7. Etiopathogenesis and Clinical Aspects of BIONJ / Santino Ferrara, Laura Vuolo, Annamaria Colao and Luigi Califano -- 8. Instrumental Diagnosis / Silvio Mazziotti, Achille Mileto, Michele Gaeta, Giorgio Ascenti, Ignazio Salamone, Carmela Visalli and Alfredo Blandino -- 9. Microbiological Aspects of Osteonecrosis of the Jaw / Stefania Leuci, Marco Friscia and Michele Davide Mignogna -- 10. Prevention and the Role of the Dentist / Giacomo Oteri -- 11. Conservative Treatment: Oxygen-Ozone Therapy / Alessandro Agrillo -- 12. Conservative Treatment: LASER (Biostimulation and Minimally Invasive Surgical Treatment) / Paolo Vescovi -- 13. Minimally Invasive Surgical Treatment / Claudio Marchetti, Gian Andrea Pelliccioni, Filippo Moretti, Francesco Saverio De Ponte, Giuseppe Lombardo and Carla Nava -- 14. Major Surgery in BIONJ / Luciano Catalfamo, Carla Nava, Giuseppe Lombardo and Francesco Saverio De Ponte -- 15. BRONJ: The Future / Salvatore L. Ruggiero.
- Bisphosphonates in medical practice 2007, Springer
- Bitemark evidence. 2nd ed. 2011, CRCnetBASEHistory of bitemark evidence / D.R. Senn -- The role of health professionals in diagnosing patterned injuries from birth to death / J.D. McDowell -- Role of the medical examiner, coroner, and pathologist / J.H.Davis -- The team approach in bitemark investigation / V.F. Delattre -- The nature of bitemarks / M.L. Bernstein -- Reconstructive bitemark analysis / M.L. Bernstein -- Photography / G.S. Golden and F.D. Wright -- Practical tips in forensic bitemark photography / L. Gagnon -- Image processing and analysis for evidentiary purposes / W.R. Oliver -- Bitemarks as biological evidence / D. Sweet O.C. -- Bitemark impressions / R.B.J. Dorion -- Microscopy techniques / P.J. Bush -- Nonperishables and perishables / R.B.J. Dorion -- Tissue specimens / R.B.J. Dorion -- Histology and timing of injury / J.H.Davis -- Animal bites / R.R. Souviron -- Carnivore bitemarks / R.B.J. Dorion -- Human bitemarks / R.B.J. Dorion -- Patterns, lesions, and trauma-mimicking bitemarks / R.B.J. Dorion and R.R. Souviron -- Current context of bitemark analysis and research / M.A. Bush and P.J. Bush -- Research, emerging technologies, and recent developments / R.B.J. Dorion -- Experimental bitemarks and histology / M. Houde -- Genotypic comparison of bacterial DNA recovered from bitemarks and teeth / G.R. Tompkins -- The suspect / L.T. Johnson -- Methods of comparison / J.C. Dailey -- Bitemark report / M.L. Bernstein -- Precautionary measures / P.G. Stimson -- Science and the law / R.A. Mincer and H.H. Mincer -- Case law / R.E. Barsley -- Contracting with the expert witness / R.D. Metcalf -- Courtroom aids in bitemark evidence / J.P. Kenney -- Legal liability of an expert witness / H.M. Pitluck -- Wrongful convictions and erroneous bitemark opinions / I.A. Pretty and C.M. Bowers -- Reliability of bitemark analysis / I.A. Pretty -- Resolving issues in bitemark analysis / I.A. Pretty -- ABFO Bitemark analysis guidelines: outline -- ABFO guidelines for investigative and final bitemark reports -- Bitemark checklist: bitemark recipient -- Bitemark checklist: suspected biter -- Sample consent form -- Dental nomenclature.
- Bitter nemesis 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Print Material
- Bladder cancer 2010, Springer
- Bladder disease Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialOncology and cellular biology -- Muscle, matrix, and obstruction -- Neurophysiology, neurogenic bladder, and incontinence -- Immunology, inflammation, and infection -- New frontiers and therapies.
- Bladder pain syndrome 2013, SpringerHistorical Perspective / Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Epidemiology / Mirja Ruutu M.D., Ph.D., F.E.B.U., Mikael Leppilahti MD, PhD -- Diagnostic Criteria, Classification and Nomenclature for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Joop P. van de Merwe MD, PhD, Jørgen Nordling MD, Dr.med.Sci, FEBU -- Part I: Pathophysiology -- Clinical Pathophysiology and Molecular Biology of the Urothelium and the GAG Layer / Gianfranco Tajana, Mauro Cervigni -- Mast Cell and Bladder Pain Syndrome / Kirsten Bouchelouche M.D., D.M.Sc., Pierre Bouchelouche M.D. -- Neurophysiology of Pelvic Pain Mechanisms / Jean-Jacques Wyndaele M.D., D.Sci., Ph.D., Silvia Malaguti M.D. -- Syndromes Associated with Bladder Pain Syndrome as Clues to its Pathogenesis / John W. Warren M.D., Joop P. van de Merwe M.D., Ph.D. -- Part II: Clinical Presentations -- Bladder Pain Syndrome: Clinical Presentation / John Hughes M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A., F.F.P.M.R.C.A. -- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction in Bladder Pain Syndrome / Mauro Cervigni M.D., Franca Natale M.D. -- Psychosocial Risk Factors and Patient Outcomes for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Dean A. Tripp Ph.D., J. Curtis Nickel M.D., F.R.C.S.C. -- Bladder Pain Syndrome and Sexuality / Jennifer Yonaitis Fariello M.S.N., C.R.N.P., Kristene E. Whitmore M.D. -- Part III: Diagnosis -- Symptoms of Bladder Pain Syndrome / John W. Warren M.D., Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Clinical Evaluation and Diagnosis of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Jennifer Yonaitis Fariello M.S.N., C.R.N.P., Kristene E. Whitmore M.D. -- Urine Biomarkers and Bladder Pain Syndrome / Pierre Bouchelouche M.D., Kirsten Bouchelouche M.D., DMSc. -- Cystoscopy and Hydrodistension in the Diagnosis of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Andrey Zaytsev M.D., Ph.D., Magnus Fall M.D., Ph.D. -- Biopsy Retrieval, Tissue Handling, Morphology, and Histopathological Characteristics / Christina Kåbjörn-Gustafsson, Ralph Peeker -- Urodynamics in BPS / Paul P. Irwin M.Ch., F.R.C.S.I(Urol), Claus Riedl M.D. -- Complementary and Alternative Medical Treatments of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Z. Chad Baxter M.D., Helen R. Levey D.O., M.P.H. -- Diet and Its Role in Bladder Pain Syndrome and Comorbid Conditions / Justin I. Friedlander, Barbara Shorter, Robert M. Moldwin -- Physiotherapy / Amy Rejba Hoffmann M.S.N., Hina M. Sheth M.S., P.T., O.C.S., M.T.C. -- Oral Therapy for Bladder Pain Syndrome Directed at the Bladder / Philip M. Hanno M.D., M.P.H. -- Pain Treatment in Bladder Pain Syndrome / John Hughes M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A., F.F.P.M.R.C.A., Salma Mohammed M.B.B.S., F.R.C.A. -- Intravesical Therapy / Mauro Cervigni M.D., Arndt van Ophoven M.D., Ph.D. -- Hydrodistention, Transurethral Resection and Other Ablative Techniques in the Treatment of Bladder Pain Syndrome / Magnus Fall M.D., Ph.D., Jørgen Nordling M.D., Dr. Med. Sci., F.E.B.U., Ralph Peeker -- Botulinum Toxin Treatment in Bladder Pain Syndrome / Paul P. Irwin M.Ch., F.R.C.S.I. (Urol), Paulo Dinis Oliveria M.D., Ph.D. -- Neurostimulation for Bladder Pain Syndrome / Dominique El-Khawand M.D., Kristene E. Whitmore -- Bladder Augmentation, Urinary Diversion and Cystectomy in Patients with Bladder Pain Syndrome / Jørgen Nordling, Magnus Fall, Ralph Peeker -- Part V: Patient Perspective -- A Patient Perspective / Jane M. Meijlink BA Hons -- Exploratory Research on the Social Costs and Care for Patients with Bladder Pain Syndrome / Loredana Nasta, Simone Montagnoli, Maria Avolio.
- Bladder tumors 2011, Springer
- Blasenkarzinom 2005, Springer
- Blaustein's Pathology of the female genital tract. 6th ed. 2011, Springer
- Bleeding during pregnancy 2011, Springer
- Blind faith. 1st ed. 2006Print Material1. Introduction -- 2. Religion and medicine in history -- 3. From Sputnik to angels: science, subjectivity, and the rise of irrationalism -- 4. Why now? -- 5. Are there really so many studies on religion and health? -- 6. How good is the evidence? -- 7. Is there really a health advantage to the religiously active? -- 8. Attendance at services and mortality -- 9. Why long-distance healing doesn't have a prayer -- 10. Ethical problems -- 11. Is it practical to bring religion into medicine? -- 12. Is there really a demand for bringing religion into medicine? -- 13. Trivializing the transcendent: be careful what you wish for -- 14. Religion and medicine: hope or hype?
- Blood and bone marrow pathology. 2nd ed. 2011, ScienceDirect1. Normal blood cells -- 2. Normal bone marrow cells: development and cythology -- 3. Normal bone marrow histology -- 4. Regulation of hematopoiesis -- 5. Pathology of the marrow: general considerations and infections/reactive conditions -- 6. Investigation and classification of anemia -- 7. Abnormalities of the red cell membrane -- 8. Erythroenzyme disorders -- 9. Abnormalities of the structure and synthesis of hemoglobin -- 10. Acquired hemolytic anemia -- 11. Iron deficiency anemia, anemia with chronic disorders and iron overload -- 12. Macrocytic anemia -- 13. Aplastic anemia and pure red cell aplasia -- 14. Sideroblastic anemia -- 15. Congenital dyserythropoietic anemias -- 16. Abnormalities in leukocyte morphology and number -- 17. Disorders of phagocyte function -- 18. Acute myeloid leukemias -- 19. Acute lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma and mixed phenotype acute leukemias -- 20. Myelodysplastic syndromes -- 21. Molecular studies in myeloproliferative and myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative neoplasms -- 22. Erythrocytosis and polycythemia -- 23. Essential thrombocythemia and primary myelofibrosis -- 24. Chronic myelogenous leukemia -- 25. Myeloproliferative neoplasms and eosinophilia -- 26. Systemic mastocytosis -- 27. Myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative neoplasms -- 28. The chronic lymphoid leukemias -- 29. Lymphoma -- 30. Abnormalities in immunoglobulin synthesizing cells -- 31. Hemostasis : principles of investigation -- 32. Disorders affecting megakaryocytes and platelets : inherited conditions -- 33. Acquired disorders affecting megakaryocytes and platelets -- 34. Inherited disorders of coagulation -- 35. Acquired bleeding disorders -- 36. Natural anticoagulants and thrombophilia -- 37. Blood groups on red cells, platelets and neutrophils -- 38. Transfusion medicine for pathologists -- 39. Histocompatibility : HLA and other systems.
- Blood and marrow transplant handbook 2011, SpringerOverview of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation -- The business of cellular therapy and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation -- Stem cell sources -- Pre-transplant evaluation -- Conditioning regimens -- Supportive care -- Nutrition -- Infection prophylaxis -- Graft-versus-host disease prophylaxis -- Transfusion medicine -- Antithrombotic guidelines -- Engraftment -- Follow-up care -- Infectious complications -- Acute graft-versus-host disease -- Chronic graft-versus-host disease -- Oral complications -- Gastrointestinal complications -- Pulmonary complications -- Cardiovascular complications -- Acute kidney injury -- Thrombotic microangiopathies -- Graft failure -- Post-transplant relapse -- Palliative care -- Survivorship.
- Blood cells. 4th ed. 2006Print MaterialBlood sampling and blood film preparation and examination -- Performing a blood count -- Morphology of blood cells -- Detecting erroneous blood counts -- Normal ranges -- Quantitative changes in blood cells -- Important supplementary tests -- Disorders of red cells and platelets -- Disorders of white cells.
- Print Material
- Blood folate and vitamin B12 Fulltext
- Blood group antigen factsbook. 2nd ed. 2004, ScienceDirectPreface -- Abbreviations -- 1. Introduction -- 2. Organization of the Data -- 3. ABO blood group system -- 4. MNS blood group system -- 5. P blood group system -- 6. Rh blood group system -- 7. Lutheran blood group system -- 8. Kell blood group system -- 9. Lewis blood group system -- 10. Duffy blood group system -- 11. Kidd blood group system -- 12. Diego blood group system -- 13. Yt blood group system -- 14. Xg blood group system -- 15. Scianna blood group system -- 16. Dombrock blood group system -- 17. Colton blood group system -- 18. Landsteiner-Wiener blood group system -- 19. Chido/Rodgers blood group system -- 20 Hh blood group system -- 21. Kx blood group system -- 22. Gerbich blood group system -- 23. Cromer blood group system -- 24. Knops blood group system -- 25. Indian blood group system -- 26. OK blood group system -- 27. RAPH blood group system -- 28. JMH blood group system -- 29. I blood group system -- 30. Globoside blood group system -- 31. GIL blood group system -- 32. Cost blood group collection -- 33. Ii blood group collection --34. Er blood group collection -- 35. Globoside blood group collection -- 36. Unnamed blood group collection -- 37. The 700 series of low incidence antigens -- 38. The 901 series of high incidence antigens -- 39. Antigen-based facts -- 40. Autoantibody-based and drug facts -- 41. Clinically useful information -- 42. Blood group system and protein-based facts -- 43. Lectins and polyagglutination information -- 44. Gene-based facts -- 45. Useful definitions.
- Blood groups and red cell antigens 2005., NCBI Bookshelf
- Blood in motion 2011, Springer
- Self-monitoring of blood pressure -- Evaluation of journals, diaries, and indexes of work-site and environmental stress -- Ambulatory monitoring of blood pressure: devices, analysis, and clinical utility -- Validation and reliability of blood pressure monitors -- Circadian rhythmic and environmental determinants of 24-hour blood pressure regulation in normal and hypertensive conditions -- Circadian variation of blood pressure in the population at large -- Importance of heart rate in determining cardiovascular risk -- Sodium, potassium, the sympathetic nervous system, and the renin-angiotensin system: impact on the circadian variability in blood presure -- Prognostic value of ambulatory blood pressure monitoring -- Day/night pattern of myocardial infarction and sudden cardiac death: interacting roles of the endogenous circadian system and behavioral triggers -- Seasonal, weekly and circadian variability of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke -- Ambulatory blood pressure in older patients -- Ambulatory blood pressure in children and adolescents -- Ambulatory blood pressure during pregnancy - Ambultory blood pressure in patients with chronic kidney disease -- Chronobiology and chronopharmacology of hypertension: importance of timing of dosing -- Advances in ambulatory blood pressure monitoring for the evaluation of antihypertensive therapy -- Ambultory blood pressure monitoring in clinical practice.
- Blood substitutes 2006, ScienceDirect
- Blood, sweat, and tears SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialPhysiologia from Galen to Jacob Bording / Vivian Nutton -- Physiological analogies and metaphors in explanations of the Earth and the cosmos / Liba Taub -- The reception of the Hippocratic treatise On glands / Elizabeth Craik -- Between atoms and humours. Lucretius' didactic poetry as a model of integrated and bifocal physiology / Fabio Tutrone -- Losing ground. The disappearance of attraction from the kidneys / Michael R. McVaugh -- The art of the distillation of 'spirits' as a technological model for human physiology. The cases of Marsilio Ficino, Joseph Duchesne and Francis Bacon / Sergius Kodera -- The body is a battlefield. Conflict and control in seventeenth-century physiology and political thought / Sabine Kalff -- Herman Boerhaave's neurology and the unchanging nature of physiology / Rina Knoeff -- The anatomy and physiology of mind. David Hume's vitalistic account / Tamás Demeter -- More than a fading flame. The physiology of old age between speculative analogy and experimental method / Daniel Schäfer -- Suffering bodies, sensible artists. Vitalist medicine and the visualising of corporeal life in Diderot / Tomas Macsotay -- Blood, clotting and the four humours / Hans L. Haak -- An issue of blood. The healing of the woman with the haemorrhage (Mark 5.24b-34; Luke 8.42b-48; Matthew 9.19-22) in early medieval visual culture / Barbara Baert, Liesbet Kusters and Emma Sidgwick -- The nature of the soul and the passage of blood through the lungs. Galen, Ibn al-Nafis, Servetus, İtaki, ʹAṭṭār / Rainer Brömer -- Sperm and blood, form and food. Late medieval medical notions of male and female in the embryology of Membra / Karine van 't Land -- The music of the pulse in Marsilio Ficino's Timaeus commentary / Jacomien Prins -- 'For the life of a creature is in the blood' (Leviticus 17:11). Some considerations on blood as the source of life in sixteenth-century religion and medicine and their interconnections / Catrien Santing -- White blood and red milk. Analogical reasoning in medical practice and experimental physiology (1560-1730) / Barbara Orland -- The "Body without Skin" in the Homeric poems / Valeria Gavrylenko -- Sweat. Learned concepts and popular perceptions, 1500-1800 / Michael Stolberg -- Of the fisherman's net and skin pores. Reframing conceptions of the skin in medicine 1572-1714 / Mieneke te Hennepe -- Vision and vision disorders. Galen's physiology of sight / Véronique Boudon-Millot -- Early modern medical thinking on vision and the camera obscura. V.F. Plempius' Ophthalmographia / Katrien Vanagt -- The Tertium comparationis of the Elementa physiologiae. Johann Gottfried von Herder's conception of "Tears" as mediators between the sublime and the actual bodily physiology / Frank W. Stahnisch -- From doubt to certainty. Aspects of the conceptualisation and interpretation of Galen's natural pneuma / Julius Rocca -- Metabolisms of the soul. The physiology of Bernardino Telesio in Oliva Sabuco's Nueva filosofía de la naturaleza del hombre (1587) / Marlen Bidwell-Steiner -- "Ful of Rapture". Maternal vocality and melancholy in Webster's Duchess of Malfi / Marion A. Wells -- The sleeping musician. Aristotle's vegetative soul and Ralph Cudworth's plastic nature / Diana Stanciu.
- Blood-brain and other neural barriers 2011, Springer ProtocolsMorphology and properties of brain endothelial cells -- Morphology and properties of pericytes -- Morphology and properties of astrocytes -- The blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrier: Structure and functional significance -- The blood-retinal barrier: Structure and functional significance -- The blood-nerve barrier: Structure and functional significance -- Detection of multiple proteins in intracerebral vessels by confocal microscopy -- Multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging and repeated measurements of blood-brain barrier permeability to contrast agents -- Detection of brain pathology by magnetic resonance imaging of iron oxide micro-particles -- Measuring the integrity of the human blood-brain barrier using magnetic resonance imaging -- Assessing blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrier permeability in the rat embryo -- Detection of blood-nerve barrier permeability by magnetic resonance imaging -- Isolation of human brain endothelial cells and characterization of lipid raft-associated proteins by mass spectroscopy -- Analysis of mouse brain microvascular endothelium using laser capture microdissection coupled with proteomics -- Molecular and functional characterization of P-glycoprotein in vitro -- Methods to study glycoproteins at the blood-brain barrier using mass spectrometry -- Novel models for studying the blood-brain and blood-eye barriers in drosophila -- Zebrafish model of the blood-brain barrier: Morphological and permeability studies -- Methods to assess pericyte-endothelial cell interactions in a coculture model -- Isolation and properties of an in vitro human outer blood-retinal barrier model -- Isolation and properties of endothelial cells forming the blood-nerve barrier -- Treatment of focal brain ischemia with viral vector-mediated gene transfer -- Blood-brain barrier disruption in the treatment of brain tumors -- Integrated platform for brain imaging and drug delivery across the blood-brain barrier -- Targeting the choroid plexus-CSF-brain nexus using peptides identified by phage display.
- Blood-spinal cord and brain barriers in health and disease 2004, ScienceDirect
- Bloodstain pattern analysis. 2nd ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Bloodstain pattern analysis. 3rd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE1. Bloodstain Pattern Analysis: Its Function and a Historical Perspective -- 2. Bloodstain Pattern Terminology -- 3. Bloodstain Classification -- 4. A Methodology for Bloodstain Pattern Analysis -- 5. The Medium of Blood -- 6. Anatomical Considerations in Bloodstain Pattern Analysis -- 7. Determining Motion and Directionality -- 8. Determining the Point of Convergence and the Area of Origin -- 9. Evaluating Impact Spatter Bloodstains -- 10. Understanding and Applying Characteristic Patterns of Blood -- 11. Bloodstained Clothing Issues -- 12. Presumptive Testing and Enhancement of Blood / Charlene Marie -- 13. Documenting Bloodstains -- 14. An Introduction to Crime Scene Reconstruction and Analysis -- 15. Presenting Evidence 16. Experimentation in Bloodstain Pattern Analysis -- 17. Dealing with the Risk of Bloodborne Pathogens -- Appendix A. Weight/Measurement Conversion Table -- Appendix B. Trigonometric Functions and Their Application in Bloodstain Pattern Analysis.
- Print MaterialGeneral concepts -- BLS/CPR basics for adults -- Automated external defibrillator for adults and children 8 years of age and older -- BLS/CPR for children from 1 year of age to puberty -- BLS/CPR for infants -- Automated external defibrillator for infants and for children from 1 to 8 years of age -- CPR with an advanced airway -- Mouth-to-mouth breaths -- Rescue breathing -- Relief of choking -- Appendix -- Recommended reading.
- Print MaterialHistory -- Physical examination of the cardiovascular system -- The electrocardiogram -- Stress testing -- Echocardiography -- Cardiac catheterization -- Diagnostic modalities for arrhythmias -- Other imaging modalities -- Coronary artery disease-pathophysiology -- Dyslipidemia -- Chronic stable angina -- Unstable angina and non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction -- ST-elevation myocardial infarction -- Complications of myocardial infarction -- Cardiovascular hemodynamics -- Mechanisms of heart failure -- Clinical manifestations and treatment of heart failure -- Myocarditis -- The cardiomyopathies -- Mechanisms of arrhythmogenesis -- Tachyarrhythmias -- Bradyarrhythmias (bradycardia and heart block) -- Syncope -- Sudden cardiac death -- Pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators -- Rheumatic fever -- Disorders of the aortic valve -- Disorders of the mitral valve -- Infective endocarditis -- Prosthetic heart valves -- Pericarditis -- Cardiac tamponade -- Constrictive pericarditis -- Hypertension -- Peripheral arterial disorders -- Diseases of the aorta -- Carotid arterial disease -- Deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolic disease -- Pulmonary hypertension -- Preoperative cardiac evaluation -- Congenital heart disease -- Pregnancy and cardiovascular disease -- Traumatic heart disease -- Cardiac tumors.
- Print MaterialThe neurologic examination -- Neurologic investigations -- The approach to coma and altered consciousness -- Neuro-ophthalmology -- The approach to weakness -- The sensory system -- Dizziness, vertigo, and syncope -- Ataxia and gait disorders -- Urinary and sexual dysfunction -- Headache and facial pain -- Aphasia and other disorders of higher cortical function -- Dementia -- Sleep disorders -- Vascular disease -- Seizures -- Movement disorders -- Head trauma -- Systemic and metabolic disorders -- Brain tumors -- Demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system -- Infections of the nervous system -- Disorders of the spinal cord -- The peripheral nervous system -- Disorders of the neuromuscular junction and skeletal muscle -- Pediatric neurology.
- Print MaterialThe neurologic examination -- Neurologic investigations -- The approach to coma and altered consciousness -- Neuro-ophthalmology -- The approach to weakness -- The sensory system -- Dizziness, vertigo, and syncope -- Ataxia and gait disorders -- Urinary and sexual dysfunction -- Headache and facial pain -- Aphasia and other disorders of higher cortical function -- Dementia -- Sleep disorders -- Vascular disease -- Seizures -- Movement disorders -- Head trauma -- Systemic and metabolic disorders -- Central nervous system tumors -- Demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system -- Infections of the nervous system -- Disorders of the spinal cord -- The peripheral nervous system -- Disorders of the neuromuscular junction and skeletal muscle -- Pediatric neurology.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialPregnancy and prenatal care -- Early pregnancy complications -- Prenatal screening, diagnosis, and treatment -- Normal labor and delivery -- Antepartum hemorrhage -- Complications of labor and delivery -- Fetal complications of pregnancy -- Hypertension in pregnancy -- Diabetes during pregnancy -- Infectious diseases in pregnancy -- Other medical complications of pregnancy -- Postpartum care and complications -- Benign disorders of the lower genital tract -- Benign disorders of the upper genital tract -- Endometriosis and adenomyosis -- Infections of the lower female reproductive tract -- Upper female reproductive tract and systemic infections -- Pelvic relaxation -- Urinary incontinence.
- Print MaterialPregnancy and prenatal care -- Early pregnancy complications -- Prenatal screening, diagnosis, and treatment -- Normal labor and delivery -- Antepartum hemorrhage -- Complications of labor and delivery -- Fetal complications of pregnancy -- Hypertension and pregnancy -- Diabetes in pregnancy -- Infectious diseases in pregnancy -- Other medical complications of pregnancy -- Postpartum care and complications -- Benign disorders of the lower genital tract -- Benign disorders of the upper genital tract -- Endometriosis and adenomyosis -- Infections of the lower female reproductive tract -- Upper female reproductive tract and systemic infections -- Pelvic relaxation -- Urinary incontinence -- Puberty, the menstrual cycle, and menopause -- Amenorrhea -- Abnormalities of the menstrual cycle -- Hirsutism and virilism -- Contraception and sterilization -- Elective termination of pregnancy -- Infertility and assisted reproduction -- Neoplastic disease of the vulva and vagina -- Cervical neoplasia and cervical cancer -- Endometrial cancer -- Ovarian and fallopian tube tumors -- Gestational trophoblastic disease -- Benign breast disease and breast cancer.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialEmergency management: evaluation of the critically ill or injured child -- Poisoning, burns, and injury prevention -- Cardiology -- Development -- Dermatology -- Endocrinology -- Fluid, electrolyte, and pH management -- Gastroenterology -- Genetic disorders -- Hematology -- Immunology, allergy, and rheumatology -- Infectious disease -- Neonatology -- Nephrology and urology -- Neurology -- Nutrition -- Oncology -- Ophthalmology -- Orthopedics -- Pulmonology.
- Print MaterialEmergency management: evaluation of the critically ill or injured child -- Poisoning, burns, and injury prevention -- Cardiology -- Development -- Dermatology -- Endocrinology -- Fluid, electrolyte, and pH management -- Gastroenterology -- Genetic disorders -- Hematology -- Immunology, allergy, and rheumatology -- Infectious disease -- Neonatology -- Nephrology and urology -- Neurology -- Nutrition -- Oncology -- Ophthalmology -- Orthopedics -- Pulmonology -- Adolescent medicine.
- Print MaterialEmergency management : evaluation of the critically ill or injured child -- Poisoning, burns, and injury prevention -- Cardiology -- Development -- Dermatology -- Endocrinology -- Fluid, electrolyte, and pH management -- Gastroenterology -- Genetic disorders -- Hematology -- Immunology, allergy, and rheumatology -- Infectious disease -- Neonatology -- Nephrology and urology -- Neurology -- Nutrition -- Oncology -- Ophthalmology -- Orthopedics -- Pulmonology -- Adolescent medicine.
- Print MaterialPsychotic disorders -- Mood disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Personality disorders -- Substance related disorders -- Eating disorders -- Disorders of childhood and adolescence -- Cognitive disorders -- Miscellaneous disorders -- Special clinical settings -- Antipsychotics -- Antidepressants, ECT, and phototherapy -- Mood stabilizers -- Anxiolytics -- Miscellaneous medications -- Major adverse drug reactions -- Psychological theories -- Legal issues.
- Print MaterialPsychotic disorders -- Mood disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Personality disorders -- Substance-related disorders -- Eating disorders -- Disorders of childhood and adolescence -- Cognitive disorders -- Miscellaneous disorders -- Special clinical settings -- Antipsychotics -- Antidepressants, electroconvulsive therapy, and phototherapy -- Mood stabilizers -- Anxiolytics -- Miscellaneous medications -- Major adverse drug reactions -- Psychological theories -- Legal issues.
- Print MaterialPsychotic disorders -- Mood disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Personality disorders -- Substance-related disorders -- Eating disorders -- Disorders of childhood and adolescence -- Cognitive disorders -- Miscellaneous disorders -- Special clinical settings -- Antipsychotics -- Antidepressants and somatic therapies -- Mood stabilizers -- Anxiolytics -- Miscellaneous medications -- Major adverse drug reactions -- Psychological theory and psychotherapy -- Legal issues.
- Print MaterialCommunity-based health center -- Office -- Inpatient facilities -- Emergency department.
- Print MaterialArteries -- Breast -- Colon -- Pituitary, adrenal, and multiple endocrine neoplasias -- Esophagus -- Gallbladder -- Heart -- Hernias -- Kidneys and bladder -- Liver -- Lung -- Male genitourinary system -- Neurosurgery -- Organ transplantation -- Pancreas -- Parathyroid gland -- Skin cancer -- Small intestine -- Stomach and duodenum -- Spleen -- Thyroid gland -- Trauma.
- Print MaterialSurgical techniques -- Vascular surgery -- Breast -- Colon -- Pituitary, adrenal, and multiple endocrine neoplasias -- Esophagus -- Gallbladder -- Heart -- Hernias -- Kidneys and bladder -- Liver -- Lung -- Prostate and male reproductive organs -- Neurosurgery -- Organ transplantation -- Pancreas -- Parathyroid gland -- Skin cancer -- Small intestine -- Stomach and duodenum -- Spleen -- Thyroid gland -- Trauma -- Plastic surgery -- Orthopedic surgery -- Perioperative care.
- Print Material
- Blumgart's surgery of the liver, biliary tract, and pancreas. 5th ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- BLyS ligands and receptors 2010, Springer
- Bodies in formation 2013, ebraryIn Bodies in Formation, anthropologist Rachel Prentice enters surgical suites increasingly packed with new medical technologies to explore how surgeons are made in the early twenty-first century.
- Bodily integrity and the politics of circumcision 2006, Springer
- Body 2009Print MaterialForeword /Richard Restak --Beginnings /Patricia Daniels --Body armor /Lisa Stein --Structure /Lisa Stein --Body movers /Susan Tyler Hitchcock --Circulation /Patricia Daniels --Vital exchange /Patricia Daniels --Body fuel /John Thompson --Body cleansing /John Thompson --Control center /Patricia Daniels --Messengers /Trisha Gura --Reproduction /Trisha Gura --Protection /John Thompson --Aging /Patricia Daniels --Epilogue: The future body /Stefan Bechtel.
- Body composition and aging 2010, KargerContribution of adipose tissue to health span and longevity / Huffman, D.M., Barzilai, N. -- Obesity paradox during aging / Chapman, I.M. -- Central control of food intake in aging / Kmiec, Z. -- Changes in food intake and its relationship to weight loss during advanced age / McDonald, R.B., Ruhe, R.C. -- Changes in body composition in response to challenges during aging in rats / Wolden-Hanson, T. -- New haystacks reveal new needles : using Caenorhabditis elegans to identify novel targets for ameliorating body composition changes during human aging / Wolkow, C.A. -- Sarcopenia : prevalence, mechanisms, and functional consequences / Berger, M.J., Doherty, T.J. -- mTOR signaling as a target of amino acid treatment of the age-related sarcopenia / D'Antona, G., Nisoli, E. -- Mitochondrial theory of aging in human age-related sarcopenia / Parise, G., De Lisio, M. -- Exercise as a calorie restriction mimetic : implications for improving healthy aging and longevity / Huffman, D.M. -- Clinical, cellular and molecular phenotypes of aging bone / Syed, F.A. ... [et al.].
- Body fluid management 2013, Springer
- Body in history 2013Print MaterialThis book is a long-term history of how the human body has been understood in Europe from the Palaeolithic to the present day, focusing on specific moments of change. Developing a multi-scalar approach to the past, and drawing on the work of an interdisciplinary team of experts, the authors examine how the body has been treated in life, art and death for the last 40,000 years. Key case-study chapters examine Palaeolithic, Neolithic, Bronze Age, Classical, Medieval, Early Modern and Modern bodies. What emerges is not merely a history of different understandings of the body, but a history of the different human bodies that have existed. Furthermore, the book argues, these bodies are not merely the product of historical circumstance, but are themselves key elements in shaping the changes that have swept across Europe since the arrival of modern humans.
- Body MRI 2005Print Material
- Body of work 2007Print MaterialPreface: mystery -- Bone box -- First cut -- Breath and blood -- Anatomical precedence -- Origins of a corpse -- In pursuit of wonder -- The bodies of strangers -- Toll -- The discomfort of doctoring -- An unsteady balance -- Pelvis -- Dismantled -- Epilogue: good-bye.
- BOLD fMRI 2010, SpringerPrinciples of functional MRI -- fMRI scanning methodologies -- Experimental design and data analysis for fMRI -- Challenges in fMRI and its limitations -- Clinical challenges of fMRI -- Brain mapping for neurosurgery and cognitive neuroscience -- fMRI of memory in aging and dementia -- fMRI of language systems: methods and applications -- fMRI Wada test: prospects for presurgical mapping of language and memory -- Cognitive neuroscience applications -- Neuroanatomical atlas.
- Bone and cancer 2009, Springer
- Bone and cartilage engineering 2006, Springer
- Bone and development 2010, SpringerGenetic and epigenetic aspects of bone development -- Tissue interactions in long bone development -- The epiphyseal growth plate -- Hedgehog signaling in growth plate and bone development -- Role of microRNA in skeleton development -- FGF/FGFR signaling in skeletal dysplasias -- The role of hypoxia-induced factors -- BMP signaling in skeletogenesis -- Wnt signaling in bone development -- Development of the craniofacial complex -- Dentin and bone: similar collagenous mineralized tissues -- Evolution of bone proteins -- Osteogenesis imperfect -- Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressive: developmental implications of a novel metamorphogene -- Bone-mineral homeostasis and associated pathologies -- Interrelationship between bone and other tissues: brain-bone axis and bone-adipo axis -- Mechanobiology of bone development and computational simulations.
- Print Material
- Bone and mineral manual. 2nd ed. 2005, ScienceDirectIndications for bone mass measurement / Dorothy A. Nelson, Michael Kleerekoper -- A practical guide to bone densitometry / Dorothy A. Nelson, Michael Kleerekoper -- Laboratory analyses useful in the diagnosis of bone and calcium metabolic disorders / Hunter Heath, III -- Biochemical markers of bone remodeling / Michael Kleerekoper -- Skeletal imaging: radiographs, computed tomography (CT), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) / Harry K. Genant -- Scintigraphy / Ignac Fogelman -- Hypocalcemia and hypercalcemia in neonates / Winston Koo -- Preterm infants with fractures / Winston Koo -- Rickets / John M. Pettifor --Osteogenesis imperfecta / Jay R. Shapiro, Paul Sponseller -- Juvenile osteoporosis / Craig B. Langman -- Fibrous dysplasia / Frederick S. Kaplan -- Optimizing peak bone mass / John M. Pettifor -- Bone disorders associated with primary or secondary amenorrhea / Michelle P. Warren, Sari Halpert -- Nephrolithiasis / Murray J. Favus -- Acute spinal cord injury and traumatic brain injury / Albert C. Clairmont, Velimir Matkovic -- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy / Albert C. Clairmont, Velimir Matkovic -- Evaluation of the patient with low bone density / Marjorie Luckey -- Calcium and vitamin D / Bess Dawson-Hughes --Pharmacologic therapy / Nelson Watts, Michael McClung -- Nonpharmacologic prevention and management of falls and fractures / Susan Greenspan -- Osteoporosis in men / Eric Orwoll -- Steroid-induced osteoporosis / Barbara P. Lukert -- Organ transplantation / Elizabeth Shane -- Paget disease of bone / Ethel S. Siris -- Renal bone diseases / Paul D. Miller, Edgar V. Lerma -- Metastatic bone disease / Socrates E. Papapoulos -- Osteomalacia / Carolyn Becker -- High bone mass / Michael P. Whyte -- Hypercalcemia -- Line Vautour, David Goltzman -- Primary hyperparathyroidism / John P. Bilezikian -- Hypocalcemia / Frederick R. Singer -- Phosphorous and magnesium / S. Abbas Raza, Marc K. Drezner -- Principles of patient and family education and support / Betsy McClung -- Resources for education and support / Betsy McClung.
- Bone and osteoarthritis 2007, Springer
- Bone cancer. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Epidemiology of Primary Bone Tumors and Economical Aspects of Bone Metastases / Esther I. Hauben, Pancras C.W. Hogendoorn -- Chapter 2. Tumor-Bone Cell Interactions in Bone Metastases / Pierrick G.J. Fournier, Lauren K. Dunn, Gregory A. Clines, Theresa A. Guise -- Chapter 3. Early Bone Metastasis-Associated Molecular and Cellular Events / Philippe Clézardin -- Chapter 4. Regulation of Osteoblast Differentiation and Bone Cancers by Wnt and PTH Signaling Pathways / Julia Billiard, John A. Robinson, Ramesh A. Bhat, Bheem M. Bhat, Richard J. Murrills, Peter V.N. Bodine -- Chapter 5. Osteoclast Differentiation and Function / Luis Filgueira -- Chapter 6. Immunoregulation of Osteoclast Differentiation in Multiple Myeloma Bone Disease / Maria Grano, Giacomina Brunetti, Silvia Colucci -- Chapter 7. Facts and Hypothesis on Osteolytic Lesions Related to Normal and Tumoral Epithelial Dental Cell Differentiation / Blandine Ruhin, Frédéric Lézot, Aymann Bouattour, Sonia Ghoul-Mazgar, Ariane Berdal, Vianney Descroix -- Chapter 8. The Role of the Interleukin-6 Family of Cytokines in Bone Remodeling and Bone Cancer / Frédéric Blanchard, Emmanuelle David, Bénédicte Brounais -- Chapter 9. Proteases and Therapeutic Approaches of Bone Tumors / Velasco C. Ruiz, Y. Fortun, D. Heymann, M. Padrines -- Chapter 10. Bone Remodeling Markers and Bone Cancer / Markus J. Seibel -- Chapter 11. Cytogenetic and Molecular Genetic Alterations in Bone Tumors / Suvi Savola, Tom Böhling, Sakari Knuutila -- Chapter 12. Cytogenetics of Bone Tumors / Jiyun Lee, Mallory Martin, Shibo Li -- Chapter 13. Genetic Aspects of Bone Tumors / Shamini Selvarajah, Maria Zielenska, Jeremy A. Squire, Paul C. Park -- Chapter 14. Proteomics of Bone Cancer / Stephanie Byrum, Eric R. Siegel, Sudeepa Bhattacharyya, Larry J. Suva -- Chapter 15. Genomic and Proteomic Profiling of Osteosarcoma / Tsz-Kwong Man, Pulivarthi H. Rao, Ching C. Lau -- Chapter 16. Molecular Pathology of Osteosarcoma / Walter C. Bell, Gene P. Siegal -- Chapter 17. Technical Aspects: How Do We Best Prepare Bone Samples for Proper Histological Analysis? / Daniel Chappard -- Chapter 18. Osteoclast-rich Lesions of Bone: A Clinical and Molecular Overview / Adrienne M. Flanagan, Roberto Tirabosco, Panagiotis D. Gikas -- Chapter 19. Recent Advances in the Biology of Bone Tumors and New Diagnostic Tools / Gonzague de Pinieux, Corinne Bouvier -- Chapter 20. Ewing's Sarcoma Family of Tumors / Joseph D. Khoury -- Chapter 21. The Histopathology of Skeletal Metastases / Ping Tang, David G. Hicks --Chapter 22. Interventional Radiologic Techniques and their Contribution to the Management of Bone Tumors / Robert G. Jones, Eric J. Heffernan, Faisal Rashid, Peter L. Munk -- Chapter 23. Imaging of Bone Metastases / Nieroshan Rajarubendra, Nathan Lawrentschuk -- Chapter 24. Diagnosis of Skeletal Metastases in Malignant Extraskeletal Cancers / Holger Schirrmeister, Coskun Arslandemir -- Chapter 25. Pain Control with Palliative Radiotherapy in Bone Metastases / Alysa Fairchild, Amanda Hird, Edward Chow -- Chapter 26. Mechanisms and Management of Bone Cancer Pain / Ma'ann C. Sabino, Denis R. Clohisy -- Chapter 27. Malignant Skeletal Pain: Mechanisms and Potential Therapeutic Opportunities / Monica Herrera, Juan Miguel Jimenez-Andrade, Marina Vardanyan, Patrick W. Mantyh -- Chapter 28. Animal Models of Malignant Primary Bone Tumors and Novel Therapeutic Approaches / Julie Rousseau, François Lamoureux, Gaëlle Picarda, François Gouin, Valérie Trichet, Françoise Rédini -- Chapter 29. In vivo Models Used in Studies of Bone Metastases / Ingunn Holen, Michelle A. Lawson -- Chapter 30. Cytokine Gene Therapy in Bone Remodeling / Carl D. Richards, David Smyth -- Chapter 31. Non-surgical Treatment of Chondrosarcoma: Current Concepts and Future Perspectives / Eric L. Staals, Emanuela Palmerini, Stefano Ferrari, Mario Mercuri -- Chapter 32. Mechanistic Role of RANKL in Cancer-induced Bone Diseases and Development of a Targeted Therapy to Inhibit this Pathway / William C. Dougall -- Chapter 33. Chondrosarcoma of Bone: Diagnosis and Therapy / Arne Streitbuerger, Jendrik Hardes, Georg Gosheger -- Chapter 34. Current Status of Immunotherapy for Osteosarcoma and its Future Trends / Kanji Mori, Kosei Ando, Yoshitaka Matsusue, Dominique Heymann -- Chapter 35. Bisphosphonates, Bone Health and the Clinical Biology of Bone Metastases from Breast Cancer / Alexander H.G.Paterson -- Chapter 36. A Multi-targeted Approach to Treating Bone Metastases / Robert D. Loberg, Kenneth J. Pienta -- Chapter 37. Bone Metastases of Prostatic Cancer: Pathophysiology, Clinical Complications, Actual Treatment and Future Directions / Sara De Dosso, Fernanda G. Herrera, Dominik R. Berthold -- Chapter 38. Apoptosis and Drug Resistance in Malignant Bone Tumors / Udo Kontny.
- Bone densitometry for technologists. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Bone densitometry for technologists. 3rd ed. 2013, SpringerAn introduction to conventions in densitometry -- Densitometry techniques -- Skeletal anatomy in densitometry -- Performing a DXA PA lumbar spine, proximal femur, or forearm DXA study -- Radiation safety in x-ray densitometry -- Quality control procedures -- The importance of precision -- Using absolute risk to predict fracture risk in clinical practice -- An overview of osteoporosis -- Interpretation of bone densitometry data -- Less than perfect scan images -- Pediatric densitometry -- VFA imaging, femoral morphometry, and hip structural analysis -- Body composition analysis.
- Print MaterialDensitometry techniques -- Skeletal anatomy in densitometry -- Statistics in densitometry -- Quality control -- Bone density data -- The effects of age, disease, procedures, and drugs on bone density -- Selecting patients for bone mass measurements: clinical guidelines -- Selecting patients for bone mass measurements: self-assessment indices -- Diagnosing osteoporosis --Predicting fracture risk -- Monitoring changes in bone density -- Reporting densitometry -- FDA-approved densitometry devices.
- Bone densitometry in clinical practice. 3rd ed. 2010, SpringerDensitometry techniques -- Skeletal anatomy in densitometry -- Statistical overview for the non-statistician densitometrist -- Quality control -- Radiation safety in x-ray densitometry -- Bone density data among technologies and manufacturers -- Selecting patients for bone mass measurements : clinical guidelines -- Selecting patients for bone mass measurements : self-assessment indices -- Diagnosing ostoporosis -- Predicting fracture risk -- Monitoring changes in bone density -- Secondary causes of osteoporosis -- New applications for DXA -- Reporting densitometry --FDA-approved densitometry devices..
- Bone densitometry in growing patients 2007, SpringerRationale for bone densitometry in childhood and adolescence / Aenor J. Sawyer and Laura K. Bachrach -- Tools for measuring bone in children and adolescents / Kate A. Ward, Zulf Mughal, and Judith E. Adams -- Dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry / Nicola J. Crabtree, Mary B. Leonard, and Babette S. Zemel -- Clinical indications for the use of DXA in pediatrics / Laura K. Bachrach ... [et al.] -- Acquisition of DXA in children and adolescents / Nicola J. Crabtree, Kyla Kent, and Babette S. Zemel -- Analysis / Moira Petit ... [et al.] -- Evaluation / Babette S. Zemel and Moira Petit -- Reporting DXA results / Ellen B. Fung ... [et al.] -- Children with special considerations / Laurie J. Moyer-Mileur, Zulf Mughal, and Ellen B. Fung -- Research considerations / Mary B. Leonard and Moira Petit -- Looking to the future of pediatric bone densitometry / Nicholas J. Bishop, Aenor J. Sawyer, and Mary B. Leonard.
- Print MaterialSection I - Anatomy and physiology of bone -- Section II - Measurement tools in osteoporosis and arthritis -- Section III - Bone loss and fragility fractures in the rheumatic diseases -- Section IV - Bone loss due to medications -- Section V - Management of bone loss in patients with rheumatic diseases -- Section VI - Other bone disorders.
- Bone disease of organ transplantation 2005, ScienceDirectBone disease after kidney transplantation / S.L-S Fan and John Cunningham -- Histologic abnormalities of bone before and after kidney transplantation / Marie-Claude Monier-Faugere and Hartmut H. Malluche --Bone disease following kidney-pancreas and pancreas transplantation / Stuart M. Sprague -- Bone disease after liver transplantation / Nuria Guañabens and Ana Monegal -- Bone disease in patients before and after cardiac transplantation / Adi Cohen and Elizabeth Shane -- Bone loss in patients before and after lung transplantation / Emily Stein and Elizabeth Shane -- Transplantation for cystic fibrosis: effect on the skeleton / Robert M. Aris and David A. Ontjes -- Bone disease after bone marrow transplantation / Peter R. Ebeling -- Osteonecrosis and organ transplantation / Neveen A.T. Hamdy -- Pediatric transplant bone disease / Mary B. Leonard and Craig B. Langman -- -- Management of bone disease in candidates for organ transplant / Susan M. Ott -- Management: prevention of bone loss after organ transplantation / Philip Sambrook -- Management: established osteoporosis in organ transplant recipients / Ian R. Reid.Principles of transplantation immunology / Mario C. Deng ... [et al.] -- Bone biology: bone structure and remodeling / Lawrence G. Raisz -- Skeletal effects of glucocorticoids: basic and clinical aspects / Ernesto Canalis -- Transplantation bone disease induced by non-steroid immunosuppressants / Solomon Epstein, Angela M. Inzerillo, and Mone Zaidi -- Molecular effects of calcineurin inhibitors / Adina E. Schneider, Mone Zaidi, and Solomon Epstein -- Bone and the immune system / W. Neale Weitzmann and Roberto Pacifici -- -- Fracture prevalence and incidence in solid organ transplant recipients / Bart L. Clarke and Gudrun Leidig-Bruckner -- Bone histomorphometetry and its application to transplantation bone disease / Juliet Compston -- The role of parathyroid hormone in the evolution of bone loss after organ transplantation / Mishaela R. Rubin and John P. Bilezikian -- The role of hypogonadism in the evolution of bone loss before and after cardiac transplantation / Hans-Ulrich Stempfle -- Pathogenesis of transplantation bone disease: a unifying hypothesis / Richard Eastell, Kim E. Naylor, and Annie M. Cooper --
- Bone health in children 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book provides a rational basis for understanding how to ensure adequate bone health in children. It discusses the recommended dietary intakes of calcium and vitamin D in pediatric health as well as appropriate sources of these nutrients. The text presents information on the maintenance and improvement of bone health in children and adolescents. Chapters cover peak bone mass and prevention of bone loss diseases; bone formation; nutritional needs for calcium and vitamin D based on age; additional key nutrients needed for healthy bones; exercise and management of chronic illnesses; genetics and bone health; and future directions towards targeted dietary recommendations"--Provided by publisher.
- B cell protocols .......................
- — Between the lines of genetic code ......
- Beyond bullet points ...................
- — Biomechanics of lower limb prosthetic...
- Biomechanics of the musculo-skeletal ...
- — Bone health in children ................
- Bone marrow and stem cell transplanta...
- — Butyl acetates .........................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases