- B cell protocols .......................
- — Between pathogenicity and commensalis...
- Between the lines of genetic code ......
- — Biomechanics for life ..................
- Biomechanics in ergonomics. 2nd ed. ....
- — Bone health in children ................
- Bone marrow and stem cell transplanta...
- — Butyl acetates .........................
- Between the lines of genetic code 2014, ScienceDirect
- Beyond bullet points 2007, ProQuest SafariA guide to using Microsoft PowerPoint describes how to use storytelling techniques to create effective business presentations.
- Beyond human error 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Beyond pandemics 2011This book captures the lessons learned from a variety of sectors: multi-sector planning, civil-military coordination, global health, communications, community, animal health, logistics, private sector, and travel and tourist--synthesizing key themes and lessons learned. Based on literature reviews conducted by technical specialists, each chapter identifies the most salient characteristics and lessons learned. Not surprisingly, many cross-cutting themes and lessons learned related to pandemic preparedness emerged.
- Beyond the archives 2008Print MaterialIntroduction: The role of serendipity, family connections, and cultural memory in historical research / Gesa E. Kirsch and Liz Rohan -- The accidental archivist : embracing chance and confusion in historical scholarship / David Gold -- Being on location : serendipity, place, and archival research / Gesa E. Kirsch -- Getting to know them : concerning research into four early women writers / Christine Mason Sutherland -- Making connections / Alicia Nitecki -- Traces of the familiar : family archives as primary source material / Wendy B. Sharer -- The biography of a graveyard / Ronald R. Stockton -- In a treeless landscape : a research narrative / Kathleen Wider -- My grandfather's trunk / Barry Rohan -- Colonial memory, colonial research : a preamble to a case study / Victor Villanueva -- Unbundling : archival research and Japanese American communal memory of U.S. Justice Department internment, 1941-45 / Gail Y. Okawa -- Mississippi on my mind / W. Ralph Eubanks -- Dreaming Charles Eastman : cultural memory, autobiography, and geography in indigenous rhetorical histories / Malea Powell -- Cultural memory and the lesbian archive / Kate Davy -- "I see dead people" : archive, crypt, and an argument for the researcher's sixth sense / Elizabeth (Betsy) Birmingham -- Stitching and writing a life / Liz Rohan -- When two stories collide, they catch fire / Anca Vlasopolos -- Stumbling in the archives : a tale of two novices / Lisa Mastrangelo and Barbara L'Eplattenier.
- Beyond the numbers 2004, WHO
- BHPR Shortage designation Database
- Biennial review of infertility. Volume 1 v. 1, 2009, Springer
- Biennial review of infertility. Volume 2 v. 2, 2011, SpringerAutoimmunity and Female Infertility: Fact vs. Fiction -- Minimal Stimulation IVF -- Current Understanding of Anti-Müllerian Hormone -- The Role of Obesity in Reproduction -- Endometrial Receptivity in Natural and Controlled Ovarian-Stimulated Cycles -- Current Understanding of Mullerian-Inhibiting Substance -- Evidence-Based Use of Progesterone During IVF -- Monozygotic Twinning and Perinatal Outcomes -- Multiple Pregnancy Vanishing Twin Syndrome -- The Effect of Cancer Therapies on Sperm: Current Guidelines -- Environmental Insults on Spermatogenesis -- Sperm DNA Damage: Causes and Guidelines for Current Clinical Practice -- The Emerging Role of the Sperm Epigenome and its Potential Role in Development -- ART and Epigenetic Disorders: Should We Be Concerned? -- Novel Approaches of Sperm Selection for ART: The Role of Objective Biochemical Markers of Nuclear and Cytoplasmic Integrity and Sperm Function -- The Role of the Oocyte in Remodeling of Male Chromatin and DNA Repair: Are Events During the Zygotic Cell Cycle of Relevance to ART? -- Proteomic/Metabolomic Analysis of Embryos: Current Status for Use in ART -- Ultrasound-Guided Embryo Transfer -- IMSI as a Valuable Tool for Sperm Selection During ART -- Thoughts on IMSI.
- Biennial review of infertility. Volume 3 v. 3, 2013, SpringerPart I: Male Infertility -- 1. Supplements to Enhance Male Fertility / Peter N. Schlegel -- 2. Poor Quality Ejaculate Sperm: Do the Data Support the Use of Testis Sperm? / Robert D. Oates -- 3. The Aging Male and Impact on Offspring / Timothy G. Jenkins, Kenneth I. Aston, and Douglas T. Carrell -- 4. Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Men: Effects on Fertility and Health / Peter T.K. Chan -- Part II: Female Infertility -- 5. A Practical Approach to Recent Advancesin Ovarian Reserve Testing / Benjamin Leader and Valerie L. Baker -- 6. Maternal Age and Oocyte Aneuploidy: Lessons Learned from Trisomy 21 / Stephanie L. Sherman, Emily G. Allen, and Lora J.H. Bean1 -- 7. Fertility Preservation for Cancer Patients / Suneeta Senapati and Clarisa R. Gracia -- 8. Reproductive Surgery and Computer-Assisted Laparoscopy: The New Age of Subspecialty Surgery Is Here / Shane T. Lipskind and Antonio R. Gargiulo -- Part III: Assisted Reproduction Techniques -- 9. Advances in Systems for Embryo Culture / Roberta Maggiulli, Lisa Dovere, Filippo Ubaldi and Laura Rienzi -- 10. Patient-Tailored Approaches to Ovarian Stimulation in ART / Theodora C. van Tilborg, Frank J.M. Broekmans, Helen L. Torrance and Bart C. Fauser -- 11. Cryopreserved Oocyte Banking: Its Prospects and Promise / Kathryn J. Go, Zsolt Peter Nagy, and Ching-Chien Chang -- 12. Reproductive Tourism / Raphael Ron-El -- Part IV: Evolving Controversies in Contemporary Reproductive Medicine -- 13. Intrauterine Insemination: An Ineffective Treatment / Erica B. Johnstone and Jessie Dorais -- 14. IUI Is a Valuable and Cost-Effective Therapy for Most Couples / Lobke M. Moolenaar, Bradley J. Van Voorhis and Fulco van der Veens -- 15. Vitrification of Human Oocytes and Embryos: An Overview / Juergen Liebermann -- 16. Should We Eliminate Fresh Embryo Transfer from ART? / Daniel J. Kaser, Maria Assens, and Catherine Racowsky -- 17. ICSI Is a Revolutionary Treatment of Male Infertility That Should Be Employed Discriminately and Further Studied / Douglas T. Carrell -- 18. The Need for Long-Term Follow-Up of Children Conceived Through ICSI / Rachel Weinerman, Kurt T. Barnhart, and Suleena Kansal Kalra -- 19. Popularity of ICSI / Gianpiero D. Palermo, Queenie V. Neri, Trina Fields and Zev Rosenwaks -- Part V: Clinical Research Design -- Cohort Designs: Critical Considerations for Reproductive Health.
- Big data SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialExplores the idea of big data, which refers to our newfound ability to crunch vast amounts of information, analyze it instantly, and draw profound and surprising conclusions from it.
- Big picture 2012, AccessMedicineSection I. The Basic Molecules of Life -- 1. Amino acids and proteins -- 2. Carbohydrates -- 3. Lipids -- 4. Nucleosides, nucleotides -- Section II. Functional biochemistry -- 5. Enzymes and amino acid metabolism -- 6. Carbohydrate metabolism -- 7. Lipid metabolism -- 8. Membranes -- 9. DNA/RNA function and protein synthesis -- Section III. Applied biochemistry -- 10. Metabolism and vitamins/minerals / Maria L. Valencik and Cynthia C. Mastick -- 11. The Digestive system / Kshama Jaiswal -- 12. Muscles and cell motility / Darren Campbell -- 13. Connective tissue and bone / Jacques Kerr -- 14. Blood / Matthew Porteus -- 15. The Immune system / Eric L. Greidinger, Leonard M. Miller -- 16. The Cardiovascular system / Ralph Shohet, John A. Burns -- 17. The respiratory system / Howard Huang -- 18. The Urinary system / Armando J. Lorenzo -- 19. The Nervous system / Kathryn Beck-Yoo -- 20. The Reproductive system / Catrina Bubier -- Section IV. Appendices -- Appendix I. Biochemical Basis of Diseases -- Appendix II. Biochemical Methods -- Appendix III. Organic Chemistry Primer.
- Biliary lithiasis 2008, Springer
- Bilingual sentence processing 2002, ScienceDirect
- Bill Ricker 2006, Springer
- Bio-applications of nanoparticles 2007, SpringerSynthetic strategies to size and shape controlled nanocrystals and nanocrystal heterostructures / P. Davide Cozzoli and Liberato Manna -- Current approaches for engineering proteins with diverse biological properties / Isaac T.S. Li, Elizabeth Pham, and Kevin Truong -- Past, present, and future of gold nanoparticles / Travis Jennings and Geoffrey Strouse -- Multi-functional gold nanoparticles for drug delivery / Gang Han, Partha Ghosh, and Vincent M. Rotello -- Quantum dots for cancer molecular imaging / Xiaohu Gao and Shivang R. Dave -- Carbon nanostructures as a new high-performance platform for MR molecular imaging / Keith B. Hartman and Lon J. Wilson -- Magnetic nanoparticle assisted molecular MR imaging / Young-wook Jun, Jung-tak Jang, and Jinwoo Cheon -- Patterning metallic nanoparticles by DNA scaffolds / Rahul Chhabra ... [et al.] -- Liposomes in biology and medicine / Reto A. Schwendener -- Fluorescent nanoparticle for bacteria and DNA detection / Wenjun Zhao, Lin Wang, and Weihong Tan -- Dendrimer 101 / Lajos P. Balogh -- Quantum dots and other fluorescent nanoparticles: quo vadis in the cell? / Dusica Maysinger and Jasmina Lovri -- Toxicity studies of fullerenes and derivatives / Jelena Kolosnjaj, Henri Szwarc, and Fathi Moussa -- Toxicity studies of carbon nanotubes / Jelena Kolosnjaj, Henri Szwarc, and Fathi Moussa.
- Bio-farms for nutraceuticals 2010, SpringerThe Nutra-Snacks project : basic research and biotechnological programs on nutraceutics / Giuseppina Rea ... [et al.] -- Overview of diet-gene interactions and the example of xanthophylls / Barbara Demmig-Adams and William W. Adams III -- Therapeutic potential of dietary polyphenols against brain ageing and neurodegenerative disorders / Giovanni Scapagnini, Calogero Caruso, and Vittorio Calabrese -- Plant phenolics in the prevention and treatment of cancer / Klaus W.J. Wahle ... [et al.] -- Endogenous antioxidants and radical scavengers / Angela Maria Rizzo ... [et al.] -- A nutritional strategy for reducing disease and obesity risks / Teresa Lavecchia ... [et al.] -- Dietary phytochemicals and human health / Justyna Krzyzanowska, Anna Czubacka, and Wieslaw Oleszek --Bioactive compounds from northern plants / Anja Hohtola -- Nutraceutical use of garlic sulfur-containing compounds / Eleftherios Touloupakis and Demetrios F. Ghanotakis -- Genetic engineering to enhance crop-based phytonutrients (nutraceuticals) to alleviate diet-related diseases / Autar K. Mattoo ... [et al.] -- Perspective for the use of genetic transformants in order to enhance the synthesis of the desired metabolites : engineering chloroplasts of microalgae for the production of bioactive compounds / Udo Johanningmeier and Dirk Fischer -- Biological elicitors of plant secondary metabolites : mode of action and use in the production of nutraceutics / Simone Ferrari -- Hairy root cultures for secondary metabolites production / Laura Pistelli ... [et al.] --Plant tissue culture : an opportunity for the production of nutraceuticals / Mariella Lucchesini and Anna Mensuali-Sodi -- Plant cell cultures : bioreactors for industrial production / Barbara Ruffoni ... [et al.] -- Determination of the antioxidants' ability to scavenge free radicals using biosensors / Montserrat Cortina-Puig ... [et al.] -- Biosensors for the determination of phenolic metabolites / Simona Carmen Litescu, Sandra Eremia, and Gabriel Lucian Radu -- Methods for the determination of antioxidant capacity in food and raw materials / Simona Carmen Litescu, Sandra Eremia, and Gabriel Lucian Radu -- Analytical methods for the extraction and identification of secondary metabolite production in 'in vitro' plant cell cultures / Alessandra Bertoli ... [et al.] --Biosensors for functional food safety and analysis / Teresa Lavecchia, Arianna Tibuzzi, and Maria Teresa Giardi -- Biosensors for secondary metabolites, two case studies : ochratoxin A and microcystin / Monica Campàs, Beatriz Prieto-Simón And Régis Rouillon -- Biosensors as analytical tools in food fermentation industry / Lise Barthelmebs ... [et al.] -- An overview of the functional food market : from marketing issues and commercial players to future demand from life in space / Francesca Vergari, Arianna Tibuzzi, and Giovanni Basile -- Legislation on nutraceuticals and food supplements a comparison between regulations in USA and EU / Roberto Giunta, Giovanni Basile, and Arianna Tibuzzi.
- Bio-inspired artificial intelligence SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Bio-mechanisms of swimming and flying 2008, SpringerBiological aspects of locomotive mechanisms and behaviors of animals while swimming and flying -- Hydrodynamics of swimming and flying -- Biomimetic swimming or flying robots -- Sports science.
- Bio-MEMS 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Bioactive components of milk Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Bioactive compounds and cancer 2010, SpringerMonitoring the burden of cancer in the United States -- Cancer biology and nutrigenomics -- Cellular cancer processes and their molecular targets -- Nutrigenetics: the relevance of polymorphisms -- Diet and epigenetics -- Nutrient signaling-protein kinase to transcriptional activation -- Dietary energy balance, calorie restriction, and cancer prevention -- Fiber and microbially generated active components -- Gut microbiota, probiotics, prebiotics and colorectal cancer -- Meats, protein and cancer -- Saturated fatty acids and cancer -- Conjugated linoleic acid and cancer -- Cancer and n-3PUFAs: the translational connection -- n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids and cancer -- Carotenoids -- Vitamin A -- Vitamin D and cancer chemoprevention -- Folate -- Selenium -- Calcium and cancer -- Iron and cancer -- Zinc in cancer development and prevention -- Cruciferous vegetables, isothiocyanates, indoles, and cancer prevention -- Garlic and cancer prevention -- Mammary and prostate cancer chemoprevention and mechanisms of action of resveratrol and genistein in rodent models -- Cancer prevention by catechins, flavonols, and procyanidins -- Mechanisms of action of isoflavones in cancer prevention -- The anticarcinogenic properties of culinary herbs and spices -- Cancer prevention with berries: role of athocyanins -- Pomegranate -- Alcohol and cancer: biological basis -- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated carcinogenesis and modulation by dietary xenobiotic and natural ligands -- Opportunities and challenges for communicating food and health relationships to American consumers.
- Bioactive dietary factors and plant extracts in dermatology 2013, Springer
- Bioactive egg compounds 2007, Springer
- Bioactive food proteins and peptides 2012, CRCnetBASEFood proteins and peptides as bioactive agents -- Arvind Kannan, Navam Hettiarachchy, and Maurice Marshall -- Proteins and peptides as allergens -- Soichi Tanabe and A. Wesley Burks -- Properties and applications of antimicrobial proteins and peptides from milk and eggs -- Hannu J. Korhonen and Susanna Rokka -- Proteins and peptides as antioxidants -- Se-Kwon Kim ... [et al.] -- Mineral-binding peptides from food -- Saïd Bouhallab and Dominique Bouglé -- Food peptides as antihypertensive agents -- Amaya Aleixandre and Marta Miguel -- Therapeutic peptides as amino acid source -- Hironori Yamamoto and Masashi Kuwahata -- Hypolipidemic and hypocholesterolemic food proteins and peptides -- Chibuike C. Udenigwe and Rotimi E. Aluko -- Peptides and proteins increase mineral absorption and improve bone condition -- Hiroshi Kawakami -- Proteins and peptides for complicated disease types -- Kenji Sato -- Proteins and peptides improve mental health -- Kenji Sato -- Proteins and peptides as anticancer agents -- Harekrushna Panda, Aruna S. Jaiswal, and Satya Narayan -- Lunasin : a novel seed peptide with cancer preventive properties -- Chia-Chien Hsieh, Blanca Hernández-Ledesma, and Ben O. de Lumen -- Computer-aided optimization of peptide sequences and integrated delivery of selected peptides to targets: a case study on blood pressure of oldest-old patients -- Liping Wu ... [et al.].
- Bioactive natural products. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Bioactive peptides 2010, CRCnetBASE"Presenting data from human studies and trials, along with recent research findings, this work summarizes the applications, and benefits of bioactive peptides used to mitigate major metabolic derangements arising from chronic illnesses and resulting in unwanted weight loss. Recent studies show bioactive peptides to enhance the body's antioxidant status, antisepsis capacity, immune function, anti-inflammatory capacity, mineral absorption, and appetite. This book covers general principles, such as host response, quality factors, protein economics, and muscle loss. It includes case studies on ageing, AIDS, COPD, diabetes, inflammatory bowel disease, kidney failure, and tuberculosis."--Provided by publisher.
- Bioassays with arthropods. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Biobehavioral resilience to stress 2008, CRCnetBASEPsychological screening: predicting resilience to stress / Howard N. Garb and Jeff Cigrang -- Resilience and military psychiatry / Elspeth Cameron Ritchie ... [et al.] -- The stresses of modern war / George R. Mastroianni ... [et al.] -- Resilience through leadership / Donald Campbell, Kathleen Campbell, and James W. Ness -- Adaptation to stress and psychobiological mechanisms of resilience / Steven M. Southwick ... [et al.] -- Psychophysiology of resilience to stress / Christian Waugh, Michele Tugade, and Barbara Fredrickson --Resilience and survival in extreme environments / Karl E. Friedl and David M. Penetar -- Posttraumatic stress disorder: genetic and environmental risk factors / Dewleen G. Baker, Victoria B. Risbrough, and Nicholas J. Schork -- Resilience and personality / Maren Westphal, George A. Bonanno, and Paul T. Bartone -- Cognitive performance and resilience to stress / Mark A. Staal ... [et al.] -- The impact of social structural conditions on psychological resilience to stress / David E. Rohall and James A. Martin -- Resilience: toward the state of the possible / Victoria Tepe and Brian J. Lukey.
- Biocatalysis in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries 2007, CRCnetBASEch. 1. Nitrilases and nitrile hydratases / Robert DiCosimo -- ch. 2. Biocatalytic deracemization : dynamic resolution, stereoinversion, enantioconvergent processes, and cyclic deracemization / Yolanda Simeo, Wolfgang Kroutil, and Kurt Faber -- ch. 3. A decade of biocatalysis at Glaxo Wellcome / Mahmoud Mahmoudian -- ch. 4. Biocatalysis for synthesis for chiral pharamaceutical intermediates / Ramesh N. Patel -- ch. 5. Directed evolution of lipases and esterases for organic synthesis / Aurelio Hidalgo and Uwe T. Bornscheuer -- ch. 6. Flavin-containing oxidative biocatalysts / Marco W. Fraaije and Willem J.H. van Berkel -- ch. 7. Preparation of chiral pharmaceuticals through enzymatic acylation of alcohols and amines / Vicente Gotor-Fernandez, Francisca Rebolledo, and Vicente Gotor -- ch. 8. Dynamic kinetic resolution and asymmetric transformations by enzyme-metal combinations / Mahn-Joo Kim, Yangsoo Ahn, and Jaiwook Park -- ch. 9. Biotransformation of natural or synthetic compounds for the generation of molecular diversity / Robert Azerad -- ch. 10. Applications of aromatic hydrocarbon dioxygenases / Rebecca E. Parales and Sol M. Resnick -- ch. 11. A genomic approach to investigating baker's yeast reductions / Jon D. Stewart -- ch. 12. Immobilization of enzymes as cross-linked enzyme aggregates : a simple method for improving performance / Roger A. Sheldon -- ch. 13. Biotechnological applications of aldolases / Wolf-Dieter Fessner and Stefan Jennewein -- ch. 14. Enzymatic synthesis of modified nucleosides / Luis A. Condezo ... [et al.] -- ch. 15. Biocatalytic reduction of carbozylic acids : mechanism and applications / Padmesh Venkitasubramanian, Lacy Daniels, and John P.N. Rosazza -- ch. 16. Dehalogenases in biodegradation and biocatalysis / Dick B. Janssen -- ch. 17. Enzymatic synthesis of sugar esters and oligosaccharides from renewable resources / A. Ballestros ... [et al.] -- ch. 18. Efficient methods and instrumentation for engineering custom enzymes / Steven J. Robles, William J. Coleman, and Mary M. Yang -- ch. 19. Deaminating enzymes of the purine cycle as biocatalysts for chemoezymatic synthesis and transformation of antiviral agents structurally related to purine nucleosides / Enzo Santaniello, Pierangela Ciuffreda, and Laura Alessandrini -- ch. 20. Mircobial and enzymatic processes for the production of chiral compounds / Kohsuke Honda ... [et al.] -- ch. 21. Discovery of arylmalonate decarbozylase and conversion of the function by rational design / Kenji Miyamoto and Hiromichi Ohta -- ch. 22. Chemoenzymatic preparation of enantiopure building blocks of synthetic utility / Kenji Mori -- ch. 23. Stereoselective modifications of polyhydorxylated steroids / Elena Fossati and Sergio Riva -- ch. 24. Recent developments in enzymatic acyloin condensations / Owen Ward and Ajay Singh -- ch. 25. Synthesis of chiral alcohols with carbonyl reductase library and robust NAD(P)H regenerating system / Hiroaki Yamamoto and Akinobu Matsuyama -- ch. 26. Comparative analysis of chemical and biocatalyic syntheses of drug intermediates / Michael J. Homann ... [et al.] -- ch. 27. Industrial processes using lyases fo C-C, C-N, and C-O bond formation / Martina Pohl an Andreas Lieses -- ch. 28. State of the art and applications in stereoselective synthesis of chiral cyanohydrins / Franz Effenberger, Siegfried Forster, and Christoph Kobler -- ch. 29. Chiral switches : problems, strategies, opportunities, and experiences / Rene Csuk -- ch. 30. Enzyme evolution for chemical process applications / Gjalt W. Huisman and James J. Lalonde -- ch. 31. Biocatalytic routes to nonracemic chiral amines / Nicholas J. Turner and Reuban Carr -- ch. 32. Enantioselective biocatalytic reduction of ketones for the synthesis of optically active alcohols / Stefan Buchholz and Harald Groger -- ch. 33. Enyzmes catalysis in nonaqueous media : past, present and future / Susanne Dreyer ... [et al.] -- ch. 34. Biocatalyic concepts for the synthesis of optically active amines / Stefan Buchholz and Harald Groger.
- Biochemical roles of eukaryotic cell surface macromolecules 2012, SpringerGlycomics: An Overview of the Complex Glycocode / Garima Gupta and Avadhesha Surolia -- Structural Glycomic Approaches to Molecular Recognition Events on Cell Surfaces / Koichi Kato -- ISCSM2011 Chondroitin Sulfate E-type Structure at Tumor Cell Surface Is Involved in Experimental Metastasis / Kazuyuki Sugahara and Shuji Mizumoto -- Chondroitin Sulfate-Specific Novel Hydrolase in Human / Shuhei Yamada -- Identification of Endothelial Cell Surface Carbohydrate-Binding Receptors by Carbohydrate Ligand Mimicry Peptides / Michiko N. Fukuda -- Lysosomal Enzyme Sorting Receptors - Where Did They First Appear in the Animal Kingdom? / Suryanarayanaraju Vegiraju, Suresh Koduru and Siva Kumar Nadimpalli -- Endoplasmic Reticulum-Targeted Bcl-2 Inhibitable Mitochondrial Fragmentation Initiates ER Stress-Induced Cell Death / B. C. Bhavya, Deepa Indira, Mahendra Seervi, Jeena Joseph and Praveen K. Sobhan, et al. -- Interactions Between Caveolin-1 and Sphingolipids, and Their Functional Relevance / Sandro Sonnino, Simona Prioni, Vanna Chigorno and Alessandro Prinetti -- Cell Membrane Repair Pathway Involves Sensing of Dynamics of Caveolae and Caspase-1 / Saumya S. Srivastava and M. V. Krishnasastry -- Angiogenic Response of Endothelial Cells to Fibronectin / V. B. S. Kumar, R. I. Viji, M. S. Kiran and Perumana R. Sudhakaran -- Lactosylceramide Synthase as a Therapeutic Target to Mitigate Multiple Human Diseases in Animal Models / Subroto Chatterjee and Nezar Alsaeedi --Advanced FRET Methodologies: Protein-Lipid Selectivity Detection and Quantification / Fábio Fernandes, Manuel Prieto and Luís M. S. Loura -- Mechanism of GPCR-Directed Autoantibodies in Diseases / Hamiyet Unal, Rajaganapathi Jagannathan and Sadashiva S. Karnik -- Role of Membrane Cholesterol in Leishmanial Infection / Amitabha Chattopadhyay and Md. Jafurulla -- How Intact Is the Basement Membrane? Role of MMPs / S. Asha Nair, Sankar Jagadeeshan, Ramachandran Indu, Perumana R. Sudhakaran and M. R. Pillai -- Apoptosis of Breast Cancer Cells: Modulation of Genes for Glycoconjugate Biosynthesis and Targeted Drug Delivery / Subhash Basu, Rui Ma, Joseph R. Moskal, Manju Basu and Sipra Banerjee -- Altered Expression of Sialidases in Human Cancer / Taeko Miyagi, K. Takahashi, S. Moriya, K. Hata and K. Yamamoto, et al. -- Poly-ADP-Ribosylation of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor and Its Implications on Angiogenesis / S. Binu, S. J. Soumya, V. B. S. Kumar and Perumana R. Sudhakaran -- Sphingolipid-Binding Domain in the Serotonin1A Receptor / Amitabha Chattopadhyay, Yamuna Devi Paila, Sandeep Shrivastava, Shrish Tiwari and Pushpendra Singh, et al. -- Withanolide D, Carrying the Baton of Indian Rasayana Herb as a Lead Candidate of Antileukemic Agent in Modern Medicine / Susmita Mondal, Saptarshi Roy, Rita Maity, Asish Mallick and Rajender Sangwan, et al. -- Engineered Glucose to Generate a Spectroscopic Probe for Studying Carbohydrate Biology / Ashish Tripathi, Vibha Singh, K. G. Aishwarya, Gopala Krishna Aradhyam and Srinivas Hotha -- Changes in Sialic Acid Content of Jelly Coat in Pesticide-Exposed Frog Eggs and Their Influence on Fertilization / H. P. Gurushankara, S. V. Krishnamurthy and V. Vasudev.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print MaterialHigh Yield Facts -- DNA Structure, Replication and Repair -- Gene Expression and Regulation -- Acid-base equilibria, amino acids, and protein structure -- Protein Structure/Function -- Carbohydrate Metabolism -- Bioenergetics and Energy Metabolism -- Lipid, Amino Acid and Nucleotide Metabolism -- Vitamins and Minerals -- Hormones and Integrated Metabolism -- Inheritance Mechanisms/Risk Calculations -- Genetic and Biochemical Diagnosis.
- Print Material
- Biochemistry and molecular biology compendium 2007, CRCnetBASEAbbreviations and acronyms -- Glossary of terms useful in biochemistry and molecular biology and related disciplines -- Chemicals commonly used in biochemistry and molecular biology and their properties -- A listing of log P values, water solubility, and molecular weight for some selected chemicals -- Protease inhibitors and protease inhibitor cocktails -- List of buffers -- Organic name reactions useful in biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Print Material
- Biochemistry of atherosclerosis 2006, Springer
- Biochemistry of lipids, lipoproteins and membranes. 5th ed. 2008, ScienceDirectFunctional roles of lipids in membranes / William Dowhan, Mikhail Bogdanov, and Eugenia Mileykovskaya -- Lipid modifications of proteins / Anant K. Menon -- Fatty acid and phospholipid metabolism in prokaryotes / Charles O. Rock -- Lipid metabolism in plants / Katherine M. Schmid and John B. Ohlrogge -- Oxidation of fatty acids in eukaryotes / Horst Schulz -- Fatty acid synthesis in eukaryotes / Hei Sook Sul and Stuart Smith -- Fatty acid desaturation and chain elongation in mammals / Makoto Miyazaki and James N. Ntambi -- Phospholipid biosynthesis in eukaryotes / Dennis E. Vance and Jean E. Vance -- Ether-linked lipids and their bioactive species / Thomas M. McIntyre, Fred Snyder, and Gopal K. Marathe -- Lipid metabolism in adipose tissue / Ann V. Hertzel ... [et al.] -- Phospholipases / David C. Wilton -- The eicosanoids : cyclooxygenase, lipoxygenase, and epoxygenase pathways / William L. Smith and Robert C. Murphy -- Sphingolipids / Alfred H. Merrill, Jr. -- Cholesterol biosynthesis / Laura Liscum -- Metabolism and function of bile acids / Luis B. Agellon -- Lipid assembly into cell membranes / Dennis R. Voelker -- Lipoprotein structure / Ana Jonas and Michael C. Phillips -- Assembly and secretion of triacylglycerol-rich lipoproteins / Jean E. Vance and Khosrow Adeli -- Dynamics of lipoprotein transport in the circulatory system / Christopher J. Fielding and Phoebe E. Fielding -- Lipoprotein receptors / Wolfgang J. Schneider -- Lipids and atherosclerosis / Ira Tabas.
- The regulation of gene expression -- The regulation of enzyme activity -- Structure and function of signal pathways -- Signaling by nuclear receptors -- G protein-coupled signal transmission pathways -- Intracellular messenger substance : second messengers -- Ser/Thr-specific protein kinases and protein phosphates -- Signal transmission via transmembrane receptors with tyrosine-specific protein kinase activity -- Signal transmission via ras proteins -- Intracellular signal transduction : the protein cascades of the MAP kinase pathways -- Membrane receptors with associated tyrosine kinase activity -- Other receptor classes -- Regulation of the cell cycle -- Malfunction of signaling pathways and tumorigenesis : oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes -- Apoptosis.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialDNA structure -- Genes and chromosomes -- DNA replication in bacteria -- DNA replication in eukaryotes -- RNA structure -- Transcription in prokaryotes -- Operons -- Transcription in eukaryotes: an overview -- Transcription of protein-coding genes in eukaryotes -- Regulation of transcription by RNA Pol II-- Processing of eukaryotic pre-mRNA -- Ribosomal RNA -- Transfer RNA --Introduction to enzymes -- Thermodynamics -- Enzyme kinetics -- Enzyme inhibition -- Regulation of enzyme activity -- The immune system -- Antibodies: an overview -- Antibody synthesis -- Antibodies as tools -- Membrane lipids -- Membrane proteins and carbohydrate -- Transport of small molecules -- Transport of macromolecules -- Signal transduction -- Nerve function --Prokaryote cell structure -- Eukaryote cell structure -- Cytoskeleton and molecular motors -- Bioimaging -- Cellular fractionation -- Amino acids -- Acids and bases -- Protein structure -- Myoglobin and hemoglobin -- Collagen -- Protein purification -- Electrophoresis of proteins -- Protein sequencing and peptide synthesis --Structures and roles of fatty acids -- Fatty acid breakdown -- Fatty acid synthesis -- Triacylglycerols -- Cholesterol -- Lipoproteins -- Citric acid cycle -- Electron transport and oxidative phosphorylation -- Photosynthesis -- Nitrogen fixation and assimilation -- Amino acid metabolism -- The urea cycle -- Hemes and chlorophylls.The genetic code -- Translation in prokaryotes -- Translation in eukaryotes -- Protein targeting -- Protein glycosylation -- The DNA revolution -- Restriction enzymes -- Nucleic acid hybridization -- DNA cloning -- DNA sequencing -- Polymerase chain reaction -- Monosaccharides and disaccharides -- Polysaccharides and oligosaccharides -- Glycolysis -- Gluconeogenesis -- Pentose phosphate pathway -- Glycogen metabolism -- Control of glycogen metabolism --
- Print MaterialCarbohydrates, lipids, and amino acids : metabolic fuels and biosynthetic precursors -- Proteins and enzymes -- Membrane biochemistry and signal transduction -- Nutrition -- Generation of energy from dietary fuels -- Carbohydrate metabolism -- Lipid metabolism -- Nitrogen metabolism -- Integration of metabolism -- Nucleotide synthesis and metabolism -- Organization, synthesis, and repair of DNA -- Gene expression -- DNA technology -- Common laboratory values.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Biochemistry. 5th ed. 2002, NCBI Bookshelf
- Print Material
- Biochips as pathways to drug discovery 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Biochromatography 2002, CRCnetBASEUpstream and downstream steps in biochromatography / Mookambeswaran A. Vijayalakshmi -- Gel filtration / Kjell-Ove Eriksson -- Ion exchange interaction biochromatography / E. Boschetti and P. Girot -- Hydrophobic (interaction) chromatography of proteins / Herbert P. Jennissen -- Conformational behaviour of polypeptides and proteins in reversed phase and lipophilic environments / Milton W. Hearn -- Affinity chromatography / Jaroslava Turková -- Dye ligand affinity chromatography / Robert K. Scopes -- Immobilized synthetic dyes in affinity chromatography / Nikos E. Labrou and Yannis D. Clonis -- Immobilized histidine ligand affinity chromatography / Oliver Pitiot and Mookambeswaran A. Vijayalakshmi -- Immobilized metal-ion affinity chromatography: from phenomenological hallmarks to structure-based molecular insights / Nadir T. Mrabet and Mookambeswaran A. Vijayalakshmi -- Thiophilic interaction chromatography / Sven Oscarsson and Francisco Batista Viera -- Miscellaneous methods in affinity chromatography: Part 1: Boronic acids as selective ligands for affinity chromatography / Xio-Chuan Liu and William H. Scouten -- Miscellaneous methods in affinity chromatography: Part 2: Shielded affinity chromatography in packed bed and expanded bed mode / Igor Yu. Galaev and Bo Mattiasson -- Glycobiology and biochromatography / Henri Debray, Gérard Strecker and Jean Montreuil -- Capillary electrokinetic chromatography / Gargi Choudhary and Csaba Horváth -- Imprinted polymers as tailor-made stationary phases for affinity separation / Karsten Haupt, Peter A.G. Cormack and Klaus Mosbach -- Computer-aided simulation of biochromatography / Nicolas Voute -- Industrial biochromatography: engineering aspects / F.A.P. Garcia, D.M.F. Prazeres and J.M.S. Cabral -- Validation aspects in biochromatography / Charles Lutsch -- Biochromatography and biomedical applications / C. Legallais, Mookambeswaran A. Vijayalakshmi and Ph. Moriniére.
- Biocombinatorial approaches for drug finding 2005, Springer
- Biocompatibility of dental materials 2009, Springer
- Bioconjugate techniques. 3rd edition. 2013, ScienceDirectBioconjugate Techniques, 3rd Edition, is the essential guide to the modification and cross linking of biomolecules for use in research, diagnostics, and therapeutics. It provides highly detailed information on the chemistry, reagent systems, and practical applications for creating labeled or conjugate molecules. It also describes dozens of reactions, with details on hundreds of commercially available reagents and the use of these reagents for modifying or crosslinking peptides and proteins, sugars and polysaccharides, nucleic acids and oligonucleotides, lipids, and synthetic polymers. *Offers a one-stop source for proven methods and protocols for synthesizing bioconjugates in the lab *Provides step-by-step presentation makes the book an ideal source for researchers who are less familiar with the synthesis of bioconjugates *Features full color illustrations *Includes a more extensive introduction into the vast field of bioconjugation and one of the most thorough overviews of immobilization chemistry ever presented.
- Bioconjugation protocols 2004, Springer Protocols
- Biodefense 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Biodesign 2010Print MaterialStage 1. Needs finding -- 1.1. Strategic focus -- 1.2. Observation and problem identification -- 1.3. Need statement development -- Stage 2. Needs screening -- 2.1. Disease state fundamentals -- 2.2. Treatment options -- 2.3. Stakeholder analysis -- 2.4. Market analysis -- 2.5. Needs filtering -- Stage 3. Concept generation -- 3.1. Ideation and brainstorming -- 3.2. Concept screening -- Stage 4. Concept selection -- 4.1. Intellectual property basics -- 4.2. Regulatory basics -- 4.3. Reimbursement basics -- 4.4. Business models -- 4.5. Prototyping -- 4.6. Final concept selection -- Stage 5. Development strategy and planning -- 5.1. Intellectual property strategy -- 5.2. Research and development strategy -- 5.3. Clinical strategy -- 5.4. Regulatory strategy -- 5.5. Quality and process management -- 5.6. Reimbursement strategy -- 5.7. Marketing and stakeholder strategy -- 5.8. Sales and distribution strategy -- 5.9. Competitive advantage and business strategy -- Stage 6. Integration -- 6.1. Operating plan and financial model -- 6.2. Business plan development -- 6.3. Funding sources -- 6.4. Licensing and alternate pathways.
- Biodiversity databases 2007, CRCnetBASEThe global biodiversity information facility (GBIF) / Meredith A. Lane and James. L. Edwards -- The European network for biodiversity information / Wouter Los and Cees H.J. Hof -- Networking taxonomic concepts--uniting without 'unitary-ism' / Walter G. Berendsohn and Mark Geoffrey -- Networking biological collections databases : building a European infrastructure / Malcolm J. Scoble and Walter G. Berendsohn -- A comparison between morphometric and artifical neural network approaches to the automated species recognition problem in systematics / Norman MacLeod, M. O'Neill, and Steven A. Walsh -- Automated extraction of biodiversity data from taxonomic descriptions / Gordon B. Curry and Richard J. Connor -- The grid and biodiversity informatics / Andrew C. Jones -- LIAS--an interactive database system from structured descriptive data of ascomycetes / Dagmar Triebel ... [et al.] -- Linking biodiversity databases : preparing species diversity information sources by assembling, merging and linking databases / Richard J. White -- Priority areas for rattan conservation on Borneo / Jacob Andersen Sterling ... [et al].
- Biodynamics 2004, WileyPart I. Introduction to Science, p. 1-2 -- Chapter 1. Ways of Knowing, p. 3-26 -- Chapter 2. Ways of Thinking, p. 27-50 -- Chapter 3. Mechanics- A First Look, p. 51-67 -- Part II. Dynamics, The Fundamentals of Motion, p. 69-70 -- Chapter 4. Measures of Motion, p. 71-95 -- Chapter 5. Energy- The Source of It All, p. 97-127 -- Chapter 6. Linear Physics, p. 129-148 -- Chapter 7. Biomechanics 1- Rectilinear Motion, p. 149-165 -- Chapter 8. Biomechanics 2- Rotational Motion, p. 167-187 -- Part III. Fields- How Complex Systems Move, p. 189-191 -- Chapter 9. Bioelectricity- Signals in the Body, p. 193-227 -- Chapter 10. Molecules and Metabolism- Unseen Causes, p. 229-257 -- Chapter 11. Bioenergetics- The Dynamics of Heat, p. 259-282 -- Chapter 12. Fluids at Rest, p. 283-302 -- Chapter 13. Fluids in Motion, p. 303-331 -- Part IV. Data Analysis- What We Can Learn from Measurements, p. 333-335 -- Chapter 14. Biostatistics 1- When Things Converge, p. 337-362 -- Chapter 15. Biostatistics 2- When Things Diverge, p. 363-382 -- Chapter 16. Biodynamic Time Series 1- Stride Rate Variability, p. 383-396 -- Chapter 17. Biodynamic Time Series 2- Heart Rate Variability, p. 397-408 -- Chapter 18. Biodynamic Time Series 3- Breathing Rate Variability, p. 409-421 -- Epilogue, p. 423-424 -- Part V. Microbiographies- The Scientists Who Made History, p. 425-432.
- Bioeffects and therapeutic applications of electromagnetic energy 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Bioelectricity. 3rd ed. 2007, Springer
- Bioenergetics 2008, SpringerDiversity of the heme-copper superfamily in Archaea: insights from genomics and structural modeling / James Hemp, Robert B. Gennis -- Structure of Photosystems I and II / Petra Fromme, Ingo Grotjohann -- Microbial rhodopsins: scaffolds for ion pumps, channels, and sensors / Johann P. Klare, Igor Chizhov, Martin Engelhard -- Life close to the thermodynamic limit: how methanogenic Archaea conserve energy / Uwe Deppenmeier, Volker Müller -- ATP synthesis by decarboxylation phosphorylation / Peter Dimroth, Christoph von Ballmoos -- The three families of respiratory NADH dehydrogenases / Stefan Kerscher ... [et al.] -- Hydrogenases and H+-reduction in primary energy conservation / Paulette M. Vignais -- A structural perspective on mechanism and function of the cytochrome bc1 complex / Carola Hunte ... [et al.] -- Regulatory mechanisms of proton-translocating FoF1-ATP synthase / Boris A Feniouk, Masasuke Yoshida.
- Bioenergetics 3 2002, ScienceDirect
- Bioenergetics. Fourth edition [4th ed.]. 2013, ScienceDirectExtensively revised, the fourth edition of this highly successful book takes into account the many newly determined protein structures that provide molecular insight into chemiosmotic energy transduction, as well as reviewing the explosive advances in 'mitochondrial physiology'-the role of the mitochondria in the life and death of the cell. Covering mitochondria, bacteria and chloroplasts, the fourth edition of Bioenergetics provides a clear and comprehensive account of the chemiosmotic theory and its many applications. The figures have been carefully designed to be memorable and to convey the key functional and mechanistic information. Written for students and researchers alike, Bioenergetics is the most well-known, current and respected text on chemiosmotic theory and membrane bioenergetics available. Chapters are now divided between three interlocking sections: basic principles, structures and mechanisms, and mitochondrial physiology. Covers new advances in the structure and mechanism of key bioenergetic proteins, including complex I of the respiratory chain and transport proteins.Details cellular bioenergetics, mitochondrial cell biology and signal transduction, and the roles of mitochondria in physiology, disease and aging.Offers readers clear, visual representation of structural concepts through full colour figures throughout the book.
- Bioequivalence and statistics in clinical pharmacology 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Bioethics for scientists 2002, WileyIntroduction to ethics and bioethics / Michael J. Reiss -- The public evaluation of science and technology / Barry Barnes -- Introduction to environmental ethics / Christopher Southgate -- The use of the rainforest as a test case in environmental ethics / Christopher Southgate -- Environmental ethics : further case-studies / Christopher Southgate and Alex Aylward -- Human use of non-human animals : a biologist's view / David de Pomerai -- Human use of non-human animals : a philosopher's perspective / R.G. Frey -- GM crops and food : a scientific perspective / Steve Hughes and John Bryant -- Questioning GM foods / Sue Mayer -- The patenting of genes for agricultural biotechnology / Steve Hughes -- Crop biotechnology and developing countries / Geeta Bharathan ... [et al.] -- Starting human life : the new reproductive technologies / Linda Baggott la Velle -- Genetic information : use and abuse / Bartha Maria Knoppers -- Human genetics and genetic enhancement / Peter Turnpenny and John Bryant -- Patenting human genes : ethical and policy issues / Audrey R. Chapman -- Cloning of animals and humans / Harry Griffin -- Dealing with death : euthanasia and related issues / John Searle -- Animal experimentation in biomedical research / Linda Baggott la Velle.
- Bioethics in cultural contexts 2006, Springer
- Bioethics in law 2007, SpringerHow does bioethics help judicial reasoning? -- Health care ethics committee determinations -- Institutional review board determinations -- Bioethics commission reports -- Bioethics scholarship -- Reliability of bioethics testimony : general acceptance -- Reliability of bioethics testimony : peer review and publication -- Reliability of bioethics testimony : experience.
- Bioethics-- health care law and ethics. Seventh edition. [7th ed.] 2013, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialAn introduction to the study of ethics and ethical theories -- Reproduction and birth -- Legal issues in human genetics -- Organ transplantation and the determination of death -- Life and death decisions -- Medically assisted dying -- -- Regulation of research involving human subjects -- Population health and public health.
- Bioethics. 2nd ed. 2006Print Material
- Bioethics. 2nd ed. 2007Print Material
- Biofilm infections 2011, Springer
- Biofilm primer 2007, Springer
- Biofilms, infection, and antimicrobial therapy 2006, CRCnetBASEMicrobial biofilms / Xiuping Jiang and John L. Pace -- Economic impact of biofilms on treatment costs / John G. Thomas, Isaiah Litton, and Harald Rinde -- Biofilm-related indwelling medical device infections / Matthew K. Schinabeck and Mahmoud A. Ghannoum -- Medical device composition and biological secretion influences on biofilm formation / Sean P. Gorman and David S. Jones -- Role of biofilms in infections caused by Escherichia coli / Grégory Jubelin, Corinne Dorel, and Philippe Lejeune -- Staphylococcus aureus biofilms / Julie M. Higashi and Paul M. Sullam -- Coagulase-negative staphylococci / Dietrich Mach ... [et al.] -- Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm infections in cystic fibrosis / Andrea Smiley and Daniel J. Hassett -- Candida / Stephen Hawser and Khalid Islam -- Current perspectives on the regulation of the ica operon and biofilm formation in Staphylococcus epidermidis / Paul D. Fey and Luke D. Handke -- Cell-to-cell communication in bacteria / Kenneth D. Tucker and Luciano Passador -- Persisters: specialized cells responsible for biofilm tolerance to antimicrobial agents / Kim Lewis ... [et al.] -- Minimal biofilm eradication concentration (MBEC) assay: susceptibility testing for biofilms / Howard Ceri ... [et al.] -- Environmental cues regulate virulence and biofilm formation / John L. Pace and Steven M. Frey -- In vivo models for the study of biomaterial-associated infection by biofilm-forming staphylococci / Luke D. Handke and Mark E. Rupp -- Host response to biofilms / Susan Meier-Davis -- Pharmacodynamics and the treatment of IMD-related infections / Roger Finch and Sarah Gander -- Protein synthesis inhibitors, fluoroquinolones, and rifampin for biofilm infections / Steven L. Barriere -- [beta][beta]-lactams for the treatment of biofilm-associated infections / Ingrid L. Dodge, Karen Joy Shaw, and Karen Bush -- Glycopeptide antibacterials and the treatment of biofilm-related infections / John L. Pace, Roasaire Verna, and Jan Verhoef -- Antibiotic resistance in biofilms / Nafsika H. Georgopapadakou -- Treatment protocols for infections of vascular catheters / Russell E. Lewis and Issam I Raad -- Treatment protocols for bacterial endocarditis and infection of electrophysiologic cardiac devices / Martin E. Stryjewski and G. Ralph Corey -- Treatment protocol of infections of orthopedic devices / Vera Antonios, Elie Berbari, and Douglas Osmon.
- Biofunctional textiles and the skin 2006, Karger
- Biogenesis of cellular organelles 2005, SpringerTheory of organelle biogenesis : a historical perspective / Barbara M. Mullock and J. Paul Luzio -- Protein coats as mediators of intracellular sorting and organelle biogenesis / Chris Mullins -- The role of proteins and lipids in organelle biogenesis in the secretory pathway / Thomas F.J. Martin -- Endoplasmic reticulum biogenesis : proliferation and differentiation / Erik Snapp -- The golgi apparatus : structure, function and cellular dynamics / Nihal Altan-Bonnet and Jennifer Lippincott-Schwartz -- Lysosome biogenesis and dynamics / Diane McVey Ward, Shelly L. Shiflett and Jerry Kaplan -- Nucleogenesis / Sui Huang -- Mitochondrial biogenesis / Danielle Leuenberger, Sean P. Curran and Carla M. Koehler -- The biogenesis and cell biology of peroxisomes in human health and disease / Stanley R. Terlecky and Paul A. Walton.
- Print Material"Presents biographical information on physicians of African ancestry who practiced in the United States or taught those who practiced in the U.S. between 1800 and 1920. Features more than 3,000 entries that provide the physician's birth and death dates, place of practice, medical school and year of graduation, birthplace, parents, spouse, and children. Includes a geographical index"--Provided by publisher.
- Bioimaging in neurodegeneration 2005, Springer
- Bioindustry ethics 2005, ScienceDirectIntroduction -- Merck: Staying the course -- Genzyme: Putting patients first -- Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.: Creating and sustaining corporate values -- Maxim Pharmaceuticals (A): Internal and external dialogues -- Diversa Inc.: Ethical issues in bioprospecting partnerships -- Pipeline Biotech A/S: Competing regulatory regimes for laboratory animal experiments -- TGN Biotech: A start-up with ethical roots -- Interleukin Genetics and Alticor: An unlikely partnership -- Sciona Ltd.: A pioneer in nutrigenomics: The path to consumer acceptance -- Affymetrix, Inc.: Using corporate ethics advice -- PharmaSNPs Inc.: Creating an ethics advisory board -- Monsanto Company: Bio-agriculture pioneer -- Novo Nordisk: The triple bottom line -- Conclusion: Lessons for companies and future issues.
- Bioinformatics 2011, CRCnetBASEAlgorithms for bioinformatics / Bertil Schmidt -- Introduction to GPGPUs and massively threaded programming / Robert M. Farber -- FPGA : architecture and programming / Douglas Maskell -- Parallel algorithms for alignments on the cell BE / Abhinav Sarje and Srinivas Aluru -- Orchestrating the phylogenetic likelihood function on emerging parallel architectures / Alexandros Stamatakis -- Parallel bioinformatics algorithms for CUDA-enabled GPUs / Yongchao Liu, Bertil Schmidt, and Douglas Maskell -- CUDA error correction method for high-throughput short-read sequencing data / Haixiang Shi, Weiguo Liu, and Bertil Schmidt -- FPGA acceleration of seeded similarity searching / Arpith C. Jacob ... [et al.] -- Seed-based parallel protein sequence comparison combining multithreading, GPU, and FPGA technologies / Dominique Lavenier and Van-Hoa Nguyen -- Database searching with profile-hidden Markov models on reconfigurable and many-core architectures / John Paul Walters, Vipin Chaudhary, and Bertil Schmidt -- COPACOBANA : a massively parallel FPGA-based computer architecutre / Manfred Schimmler ... [et al.] -- Accelerating string set matching for bioinformatics using FPGA hardware / Yoginder S. Dandass -- Reconfigurable neural system and its application to dimeric protein binding site identification / Feng Lin and Maria Stepanova -- Parallel FPGA search engine for protein identification / Daniel Coca, Istvan Bogdan, and Robert J. Beynon.
- Bioinformatics 2006, WileyGenome sequencing -- Sequence comparisons -- Comparative genomics -- Genetic information and biological sequences -- Statistics and sequences -- Structure prediction -- Transcriptome and proteome: macromolecular networks -- Stimulation of biological processes in the genome context.
- DNA Sequence Databases / David Edwards, David Hansen and Jason E. Stajich -- Sequence Comparison Tools / Michael Imelfort -- Genome Browsers / Sheldon McKay and Scott Cain -- Predicting Non-coding RNA Transcripts / Laura A. Kavanaugh and Uwe Ohler -- Gene Prediction Methods / William H. Majoros, Ian Korf and Uwe Ohler -- Gene Annotation Methods / Laurens Wilming and Jennifer Harrow -- Regulatory Motif Analysis / Alan Moses and Saurabh Sinha -- Molecular Marker Discovery and Genetic Map Visualisation / Chris Duran, David Edwards and Jacqueline Batley -- Sequence Based Gene Expression Analysis / Lakshmi K. Matukumalli and Steven G. Schroeder -- Protein Sequence Databases / Terry Clark -- Protein Structure Prediction / Sitao Wu and Yang Zhang -- Classification of Information About Proteins / Amandeep S. Sidhu, Matthew I. Bellgard and Tharam S. Dillon -- High-Throughput Plant Phenotyping - Data Acquisition, Transformation, and Analysis / Matthias Eberius and José Lima-Guerra -- Phenome Analysis of Microorganisms / Christopher M. Gowen and Stephen S. Fong -- Standards for Functional Genomics / Stephen A. Chervitz, Helen Parkinson, Jennifer M. Fostel, Helen C. Causton and Susanna-Assunta Sanson, et al. -- Literature Databases / J. Lynn Fink -- Advanced Literature-Mining Tools / Pierre Zweigenbaum and Dina Demner-Fushman -- Data and Databases / Daniel Damian -- Programming Languages / John Boyle.
- Bioinformatics 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Bioinformatics v. 1-2, 2008, Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2008 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Data, sequence analysis, and evolution -- v. 2. Structure, function, and applications.
- Bioinformatics and drug discovery 2005, Springer ProtocolsNew strategies in drug discovery / Eliot H. Ohlstein ... [et al.] -- Basic microarray analysis: strategies for successful experiments / Scott A. Ness -- From microarray to biological networks: analysis of gene expression profiles / Xiwei Wu and T. Gregory Dewey -- Microarray analysis in drug discovery and clinical applications / Siqun Wang and Qiong Cheng -- Ontology-driven approaches to analyzing data in functional genomics / Francisco Azuje, Fatima Al-Shahrour, and Joaquin Dopazo -- Gene evolution and drug discovery / James O. McInerney ... [et al.] -- Standardization of microarray and pharmacogenomics data / Cassey S. Husser ... [et al.] -- Clinical applications of bioinformatics, genomics, and pharmacogenomics / Omer Iqbal and Jawed Fareed --Protein interactions probed with mass spectrometry / Suma Kaveti and John R. Engen -- Discovering new drug targeting sites on flexible multidomain protein kinases -- combining segmental isotopic and site-directed spin labeling for nuclear magnetic resonance dectection of interfacial clefts / Thomas K. Harris -- Nuclear magnetic resonance-based screening methods for drug discovery / Laurel O. Sillerud and Richard S. Larson -- Receptor binding sites: bioinformatic approaches / Darren R. Flower -- In silico protein design: fitting sequence onto structure / Bassil I. Dahiyat -- Chemical database preparation for compound acquisition or virtual screening / Cristian G. Bologa, Marius M. Olah, and Tudor I. Oprea -- Bioinformatics platform development: from gene to lead compound / Alexis S. Ivanov ... [et al.].
- Print MaterialAccess to sequence data and literature information -- Pairwise sequence alignment -- Basic local alignment search tool (BLAST) -- Advanced database searching -- Multiple sequence alignment -- Molecular phylogeny and evolution -- Bioinformatic approaches to ribonucleic acid (RNA) -- Gene expression : microarray data analysis -- Protein analysis and proteomics -- Protein structure -- Functional genomics -- Completed genomes -- Completed genomes : viruses -- Completed genomes : bacteria and archaea -- The eukaryotic chromosome -- Eukaryotic genomes : fungi -- Eukaryotic genomes : from parasites to primates -- Human genome -- Human disease.
- Bioinformatics and systems biology 2008, Springer
- Bioinformatics and the cell 2007, Springer
- Bioinformatics basics. 2nd ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialBiology and information -- Biological databases -- Genome analysis -- Proteome analysis -- The bioinformatics revolution in medicine.
- Bioinformatics for comparative proteomics 2011, Springer ProtocolsProtein bioinformatics databases and resources -- A guide to UniProt for protein scientists -- Interpro protein classification -- Reactome knowledgebase of human biological pathways and processes -- eFIP: A tool for mining functional impact of phosphorylation from literature -- A tutorial on protein ontology resources for proteomic studies -- Structure-guided rule-based annotation of protein functional sites in UniProt knowledgebase -- Modeling mass spectrometry-based protein analysis -- Protein identification from tandem mass spectra by database searching -- LC-MS data analysis for differential protein expression detection -- Protein identification by spectral networks analysis -- Software pipeline and data analysis for ms/ms proteomics: The trans-proteomic pipeline -- Analysis of high-throughput ELISA microarray data -- Proteomics databases and repositories -- Preparing molecular interaction data for publication -- Submitting proteomics data to PRIDE using PRIDE converter -- Automated data integration and determination of posttranslational modifications with the protein inference engine -- An integrated top-down and bottom-up strategy for characterization of protein isoforms and modifications -- Phosphoproteome resource for systems biology research -- Protein-centric data integration for functional analysis of comparative proteomics data -- Integration of proteomic and metabolomic profiling as well as metabolic modeling for the functional analysis of metabolic networks -- Time series proteome profiling.
- Bioinformatics for DNA sequence analysis 2009, Springer ProtocolsSimilarity searching using BLAST / Kit J. Menlove, Mark Clement, and Keith A. Crandall -- Gene orthology assessment with OrthologID / Mary Egan ... [et al.] -- Multiple alignment of DNA sequences with MAFFT / Kazutaka Katoh, George Asimenos, and Hiroyuki Toh -- SeqVis : a tool for detecting compositional heterogeneity among aligned nucleotide sequences / Lars Sommer Jermiin ... [et al.] -- Selection of models of DNA evolution with jModelTest / David Posada -- Estimating maximum likelihood phylogenies with PhyML / Stéphane Guindon ... [et al.] -- Trees from trees : construction of phylogenetic supertrees using clann / Christopher J. Creevey and James O. McInerney -- Detecting signatures of selection from DNA sequences using datamonkey / Art F.Y. Poon, Simon D.W. Frost, and Sergei L. Kosakovsky Pond -- Recombination detection and analysis using RDP3 / Darren P. Martin -- CodonExplorer : an interactive online database for the analysis of codon usage and sequence composition / Jesse Zaneveld ... [et al.] -- Genetic code prediction for metazoan mitochondria with GenDecoder / Federico Abascal, Rafael Zardoya, and David Posada -- Computational gene annotation in new genome assemblies using GeneID / Enrique Blanco and Josep F. Abril -- Promoter analysis : gene regulatory motif identification with A-GLAM / Leonardo Mariño-Ramírez ... [et al.] -- Analysis of genomic DNA with the UCSC Genome Browser / Jonathan Pevsner -- Mining for SNPs and SSRs using SNPServer, dbSNP and SSR taxonomy tree / Jacqueline Batley and David Edwards -- Analysis of transposable element sequences using CENSOR and RepeatMasker / Ahsan Huda and I. King Jordan -- DNA sequence polymorphism analysis using DnaSP / Julio Rozas.
- Print MaterialIntroduction -- PART I: GETTING STARTED IN BIOINFORMATICS: Finding out what bioinformatics can do for you -- How most people use bioinformatics -- PART II: A SURVIVAL GUIDE TO BIOINFORMATICS: Using nucleotide sequence databases -- Using protein and specialized sequence databases -- Working with a single DNA sequence -- Working with a single protein sequence -- PART III: BECOMING A PRO IN SEQUENCE ANALYSIS: Similarity searches on sequence databases -- Comparing two sequences -- Building a multiple sequence alignment -- Editing and publishing alignments -- PART IV: BECOMING A SPECIALIST: ADVANCED BIOINFORMATICS TECHNIQUES: Working with protein 3-D structures -- Working with RNA -- Building phytogenetic trees -- PART V: THE PART OF TENS: The ten (okay, twelve) commandments for using servers -- Some useful bioinformatics resources.
- Print MaterialBioinformatics challenges for the geneticist / Michael R. Barnes -- Managing and manipulating genetic data / Karl W. Broman, Simon C. Heath -- The HapMap : a haplotype map of the human genome / Ellen M. Brown, Bryan J. Barratt -- Assembling a view of the human genome / Colin A.M. Semple -- Finding, delineating and analysing genes / Christopher D. Southan, Michael R. Barnes -- Comparative genomics / Martin S. Taylor, Richard R. Copley -- Identifying mutations in single gene disorders / David P. Kelsell, Diana Blaydon, Charles A. Mein -- From genome scan to culprit gene / Ian C. Gray -- Integrating genetics, genomics and epigenomics to identify disease genes / Michael R. Barnes -- Tools for statistical genetics / Aruna Bansal, Charlotte Vignal, Ralph McGinnis -- Predictive functional analysis of polymorphisms : an overview / Mary Plumpton, Michael R. Barnes -- Functional in silico analysis of gene regulatory polymorphism / Chaolin Zhang, Xiaoyue Zhao, Michael Q. Zhang -- Amino-acid properties and consequences of substitutions / Matthew J. Betts, Robert B. Russell -- Non-coding RNA bioinformatics / James R. Brown, Steve Deharo, Barry Dancis, Michael R. Barnes, Philippe Sanseau -- What are microarrays? / Catherine A. Ball, Gavin Sherlock -- Combining quantitative traits and gene-expression data / Elissa J. Chesler -- Bioinformatics and cancer genetics / Joel Greshock -- Needle in a haystack? : dealing with 500 000 SNP genome scans / Michael R. Barnes, Paul S. Derwent -- A bioinformatics perspective on genetics in drug discovery and development / Christopher D. Southan, Magnus Ulvsback, Michael R. Barnes.
- Bioinformatics for high throughput sequencing 2012, SpringerOverview of sequencing technology platforms / Samuel Myllykangas, Jason Buenrostro, and Hanlee P. Ji -- Applications of high-throughput sequencing / Rodrigo Goya, Irmtraud M. Meyer, and Marco A. Marra -- Computational infrastructure and basic data analysis for high-throughput sequencing / David Sexton -- Base-calling for bioinformaticians / Mona A. Sheikh and Yaniv Erlich -- De novo short-read assembly / Douglas W. Bryant Jr. and Todd C. Mockler -- Short-read mapping / Paolo Ribeca -- DNA-protein interaction analysis (ChIP-Seq) / Geetu Tuteja -- Generation and analysis of genome-wide DNA methylation maps / Martin Kerick, Axel Fischer, and Michal-Ruth Schweiger -- Differential expression for RNA sequencing (RNA-Seq) data : mapping, summarization, statistical analysis, and experimental design / Matthew D. Young ... [et al.] -- MicroRNA expression profiling and discovery / Michael Hackenberg -- Dissecting splicing regulatory network by integrative analysis of CLIP-Seq data / Michael Q. Zhang -- Analysis of metagenomics data / Elizabeth M. Glass and Folker Meyer -- High-throughput sequencing data analysis software : current state and future developments / Konrad Paszkiewicz and David J. Studholme.
- Bioinformatics for immunomics 2010, Springer
- Print MaterialVaccines : their place in history -- Vaccines : need and opportunity -- Vaccines : how they work -- Vaccines : data and databases -- Vaccines : data driven prediction of binders, epitopes, and immunogenicity -- Vaccines : structural approaches -- Vaccines : computational solutions.
- Bioinformatics in cancer and cancer therapy 2009, SpringerThe emergence of bioinformatics : historical perspective, quick overview and future trends / Christos A. Ouzounis -- The statistical design and interpretation of microarray experiments / Kevin K. Dobbin and Richard M. Simon -- Whole-genome analysis of cancer / Steven A. Enkemann ... [et al.] -- Bioinformatics approaches to the analysis of the transcriptome of animal models of cancer / Mark J. Hoenerhoff ... [et al.] -- Significance of aberrant expression of miRNAs in cancer cells / George A. Calin ... [et al.] -- Proteomic methods in cancer research / Scot Weinberger and Egisto Boschetti -- Comprehensive genomic profiling for biomarker discovery for cancer detection, diagnostics and prognostics / Xiaofeng Zhou ... [et al.] -- Gene expression profiling of the leukemias : oncogenesis, drug responsiveness, and prediction of clinical outcome / Lars Bullinger, Hartmut Dohner, and Jonathon R. Pollack -- Personalized medicine in the clinical management of colorectal cancer / Anthony El-Khoueiry and Heinz Josef Lenz -- PIK3CA gene alterations in human cancers / Sérgia Velho, Carla Oliveira, and Raquel Seruca.
- Bioinformatics in tropical disease research 2008, NCBI Bookshelf"This book is intended to serve both as a textbook for short bioinformatics courses and as a base for a self-teaching endeavor. "--Introduction.
- Bioinformatics law 2013, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material"The book begins with an overview of the evolving bioinformatics field then explores legal issues surrounding the software tools that enable large-scale computational biology, including procurement and licensing of commercial software systems, in-house and contracted software development and issues surrounding open source software. Legal issues associated with software tools for large-scale computational biology are examined, including procurement and licensing of commercial software systems, in-house and contracted software development, and open source software." -- [Publisher-supplied data]
- Bioinformatics of genome regulation and structure. II 2006, Springer
- Bioinformatics research and applications 2008, Springer
- Bioinformatics technologies 2005, MyiLibrary
- Print MaterialHistorical introduction and overview -- Collecting and storing sequences in the laboratory -- Alignment of pairs of sequences -- Introduction to probability and statistical analysis of sequence alignments -- Multiple sequence alignment -- Sequence database searching for similar sequences -- Phylogenetic prediction -- Prediction of RNA secondary structure -- Gene prediction and regulation -- Protein classification and structure prediction -- Genome analysis -- Bioinformatics programming using Perl and Perl modules -- Analysis of microarrays.
- Print MaterialSequence databases / Rolf Apweiler -- Mapping databases / Peter S. White and Tara C. Matise -- Information retrieval from biological databases / Andreas D. Baxevanis -- Genomic databases / Tyra G. Wolfsberg -- Predictive methods using DNA sequences / Enrique Blanco and Roderic Guigó -- Predictive methods using RNA sequences / David Mathews and Michael Zucker -- Sequence polymorphisms / James C. Mullikin and Stephen T. Sherry -- Predictive methods using protein sequences / Yanay Ofran and Burkhard Rost -- Protein structure prediction and analysis / David Wishart -- Intermolecular interactions and biological pathways / Gary D. Bader and Anton J. Enright -- Assessing pairwise sequence similarity: BLAST and FASTA / Andreas D. Baxevanis -- Creation and analysis of protein multiple sequence alignments / Geoffrey J. Barton -- Sequence assembly and finishing methods / Nancy F. Hansen, Pamela Jacques Thomas, and Gerard Bouffard -- Phylogenetic analysis / Fiona S. L. Brinkman -- Computational approaches in comparative genomics / Andreas D. Baxevanis -- Using DNA microarrays to assay gene expression / John Quackenbush -- Proteomics and protein identification / Mark R. Holmes, Kevin R. Ramkissoon, and Morgan C. Giddings -- Using perl to facilitate biological analysis / Lincoln D. Stein.
- Bioinformation discovery 2009, Springer
- Bioinorganic chemistry 2002, Wileych. 1. Inorganic chemistry essentials -- ch. 2. Biochemistry fundamentals -- ch. 3. Instrumental and computer-based methods -- ch. 4. Iron containing oxygen carriers and their synthetic models -- ch. 5. Copper Enzymes -- ch. 6. The Enzyme nitrogenase -- ch. 7. Metals in medicine.
- Bioinorganic chemistry. 2nd ed. 2007, Wileych. 1. Inorganic chemistry essentials -- ch. 2. Biochemistry fundamentals -- ch. 3. Instrumental methods -- ch. 4. Computer hardware, software, and computational chemistry methods -- ch. 5 Group I and II metals in biological systems : homeostasis and group I biomolecules -- ch. 6. Group I and II metals in biological systems : group II -- ch. 7. Iron-containing proteins and enzymes.
- Biointerface characterization by advanced IR spectroscopy 2011, ScienceDirectIR spectroscopy has become without any doubt a key technique to answer questions raised when studying the interaction of proteins or peptides with solid surfaces for a fundamental point of view as well as for technological applications. Principle, experimental set ups, parameters and interpretation rules of several advanced IR-based techniques; application to biointerface characterisation through the presentation of recent examples, will be given in this book. It will describe how to characterise amino acids, protein or bacterial strain interactions with metal and oxide surfaces, by using infrared spectroscopy, in vacuum, in the air or in an aqueous medium. Results will highlight the performances and perspectives of the technique. Description of the principles, expermental setups and parameter interpretation, and the theory for several advanced IR-based techniques for interface characterisation. Contains examples which demonstrate the capacity, potential and limits of the IR techniques. Helps finding the most adequate mode of analysis. Contains examples. Contains a glossary by techniques and by keywords.
- Biological adhesives 2006, Springer
- Biological aging 2007, Springer Protocols
- Biological and bioenvironmental heat and mass transfer 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Print MaterialThe pathology of cancer / G. Barry Pierce and Ivan Damjanov -- Invasion and metastasis / Robert G. McKinnell -- Carcinogenesis / Alan O. Perantoni -- Genetics and heredity / Robert G. McKinnell -- Cancer-associated genes / Alan O. Perantoni -- Cancer in nonhuman organisms / Robert G. McKinnell -- Epidemiology / Robert G. McKinnell -- Lifestyle: is there anything more important? / Robert G. McKinnell -- The stem cell basis of cancer treatment: concepts and clinical outcomes / Ralph E. Parchment -- Oncology: the difficult task of eradicating caricatures of normal tissue renewal in the human patient / Ralph E. Parchment.
- Biological basis of geriatric oncology 2005, Springer
- Biological basis of sex differences in psychopharmacology 2011, Springer
- Biological calcification 2007, Springer
- Biological child psychiatry 2008, KargerAttention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder / Coghill, D., Rohde, L.A., Banaschewski, T. -- Autism / Moura, P.J., Lombroso, P.J., Mercadante, M.T. -- Brain model for pediatric bipolar disorder / Pavuluri, M.N., Bogarapu, S.P. -- Neurobiology of depression in childhood and adolescence / Bark, C., Resch, F. -- The neurobiological basis of anxiety in children and adolescents / Grados, M.A. -- Obsessive-compulsive disorder in childhood / Rosário, M.C. ... [et al.] -- Neurobiological background of tic disorders / Roessner, V., Rothenberger, A. -- Schizophrenia in children and adolescents / Remschmidt, H. -- Eating disorders / Fleitlich-Bilyk, B., Lock, J. -- Conduct disorder / Popma, A., Vermeiren, R. -- Substance use disorders in adolescence / Szobot, C.M., Bukstein, O. -- Molecular genetics in child psychiatry / Stringaris, A.K., Asherson, P. -- Recent developments in neuropsychological models of childhood psychiatric disorders / Willcutt, E.G. ... [et al.] -- Electrophysiology in child psychiatric disorders / Banaschewski, T., Brandeis, D. -- Neuroimaging in child psychiatry / Durston, S.
- Biological influences on criminal behavior 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Biological mass spectrometry 2005, ScienceDirect
- Biological microarrays 2010, Springer ProtocolsRNA and DNA microarrays / S.C. Sealfon and T.T. Chu -- Aptamer arrays / E. Baldrich -- Oligonucleotide microarrays for identification of microbial pathogens and detection of their virulence-associated or drug-resistance determinants / D.V. Volokhov ... [et al.] -- Protein microarrays printed from DNA microarrays / O. Stoevesandt, M. He and M.J. Taussig -- Lithographically defined two- and three-dimensional tissue microarrays / E.W. Gomez and C.M. Nelson -- Ratiometric lectin microarray analysis of the mammalian cell surface glycome / K.L. Hsu ... [et al.] -- Cell microarrays based on hydrogel microstructures for the application to cell-based biosensor / W.G. Koh -- Fabrication of bacteria and virus microarrays based on polymeric capillary force lithography / P.J. Yoo -- 3D polymer scaffold arrays / C.G. Simon, Jr. ... [et al.] -- PDMS microfluidic capillary systems for patterning proteins on surfaces and performing miniaturized immunoassays / M. Pla-Roca and D. Juncker -- Merging photolithography and robotic protein printing to create cellular microarrays / J.Y. Lee and A. Revzin -- Generation of protein and cell microarrays on functionalized surfaces / Y.S. Choi and C.S. Lee -- Microprinting of liver micro-organ for drug metabolism study / R.C. Chang ... [et al.] -- Microcontact printing / Y. Xie and X. Jiang -- Micromolding for the fabrication of biological microarrays / A.L. Galloway ... [et al.] -- Progress report on microstructured surfaces based on chemical vapor deposition / Y. Elkasabi and J. Lahann -- Methods for forming human microvascular tubes in vitro and measuring their macromolecular permeability / G.M. Price and J. Tien -- Microarray bioinformatics / R.P. Loewe and P.J. Nelson
- Biological relatives [ON ORDER] Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialMiracle babies -- Living tools -- Embryo pioneers -- Reproductive technologies -- Living IVF -- IVF live -- Frontier culture -- After IVF.
- Biological threats and terrorism 2002, NAP
- Biological weapons defense 2005, SpringerDepartment of defense capabilities supporting bioterrorism response -- Modeling for bioterrorism incidents -- Biological weapons defense: effect levels -- Pathogenesis by aerosol -- Bacillus anthracis and the pathogenesis of anthrax -- Virologic and pathogenic aspects of the variola virus (Smallpox) as a bioweapon -- Plague vaccines: retrospective analysis and future developments -- Medical protection against brucellosis -- Pathogenesis of and immunity to coxiella burnetii -- Glanders: new insights into an old disease -- Medical countermeasures for filoviruses and other viral agents -- Medical defense against protein toxin weapons: review and perspective -- Antimicrobials for biological warfare agents -- Nonspecific immunomodulator therapy: CpG -- Decontamination -- Definition and overview of emerging threats -- Department of defense global emerging infections system programs in biodefense -- Information resources and database development for defense against biological weapons -- Genomic efforts with biodefense pathogens -- Genomics for biodefense: exploiting the francisella tularensis genome sequence -- Genetic fingerprinting of biodefense pathogens for epidemiology and forensic investigation -- Yersinia pestis as an emerged pathogen: what lessons can be learned? -- Requirements for biological threat identification systems -- DNA-based diagnostic tests for detection and identification of biological weapons -- Concepts for the development of immunodiagnostic assays for detection and diagnosis of biothreat agents.
- Biological, chemical, and radiological terrorism 2008, SpringerEmergency preparedness for the primary care physician -- Biological terrorism -- Chemical terrorism -- Radiological terrorism -- Mental health and terrorism -- The primary care physician's role in supporting the public health response to biological, chemical, and radiological terrorism.
- Biologics in general medicine 2007, Springer
- Biologie und Epidemiologie der Hormonersatztherapie 2006, SpringerIntroduction to the presentations / M.A. Lewis -- Zwischen Biologie und Kultur-das HRT-Dilemma: women between biology and civilization / A. Teichmann -- Probleme des Verantwortungsbegriffs im Spannungsfeld von Pharmaforschung and ärztlichem Handeln: issues with the term "responsibility" / H. Poser -- Epidemiology of selected diseases in women / L. Heinemann -- Pathogenesis of histological types of endometrial cancer / L.-C. Horn -- HRT und Karzinome des Ovars und Kolon: pathology of the colon and ovary / M. Dietel -- The progenitor cell concept of proliferative breast disease / W. Böcker -- Indication for HRT: climacteric complaints and osteoporosis / H.P.G. Schneider -- Hormonersatztherapie und kardiovaskuläre Erkrankungen: HRT and cardiovascular disease in women / E. Windler -- The million women study / O. Lidegaard -- Paradigm shift in causal thinking in epidemiology / S. Shapiro -- Rezeption und Kommunikation von Risiken: perception and communication of risk / K. Heilmann -- Some thoughts after the Kloster Andechs Workshop, August 2003 / U. Karck -- Menopause and the HRT risk-benefit equation: status and outlook -- Workshop consensus: the state of the evidence.
- Preface xi -- Acknowledgments xiii -- 1 Introduction I -- 1.1 Hybridization 1 -- 1.2 Affymetrix GeneChip Technology 3 -- 1.3 Spotted Arrays 6 -- 1.4 Serial Analysis of Gene Expression (SAGE) 8 -- 1.5 Example: Affymetrix vs. Spotted Arrays 9 -- 1.6 Summary 11 -- 1.7 Further Reading 13 -- 2 Overview of Data Analysis 15 -- 3 Basic Data Analysis 17 -- 3.1 Absolute Measurements 17 -- 3.2 Scaling 18 -- 3.2.1 Example: Linear and Nonlinear Scaling 20 -- 3.3 Detection of Outliers 20 -- 3.4 Fold Change 21 -- 3.5 Significance 22 -- 3.5.1 Nonparametric Tests 24 -- 3.5.2 Correction for Multiple Testing 24 -- 3.5.3 Example I: t-Test and ANOVA 25 -- 3.5.4 Example II: Number of Replicates 26 -- 3.6 Summary 28 -- 3.7 Further Reading 29 -- 4 Visualization by Reduction of Dimensionality 33 -- 4.1 Principal Component Analysis 33 -- 4.2 Example 1: PCA on Small Data Matrix 35 -- 4.3 Example 2: PCA on Real Data 37 -- 4.4 Summary 37 -- 4.5 Further Reading 39 -- 5 Cluster Analysis 41 -- 5.1 Hierarchical Clustering 41 -- 5.2 K-means Clustering 43 -- 5.3 Self-Organizing Maps 44 -- 5.4 Distance Measures 45 -- 5.4.1 Example: Comparison of Distance Measures 47 -- 5.5 Normalization 49 -- 5.6 Visualization of Clusters 50 -- 5.6.1 Example: Visualization of Gene Clusters in -- Bladder Cancer 50 -- 5.7 Summary 50 -- 5.8 Further Reading 52 -- 6 Beyond Cluster Analysis 55 -- 6.1 Function Prediction 55 -- 6.2 Discovery of Regulatory Elements in Promoter -- Regions 56 -- 6.2.1 Example 1: Discovery of Proteasomal Element 57 -- 6.2.2 Example 2: Rediscovery of Mlu Cell Cycle -- Box (MCB) 57 -- 6.3 Integration of data 58 -- 6.4 Summary 59 -- 6.5 Further Reading 59 -- 7 Reverse Engineering of Regulatory Networks 63 -- 7.1 The Time-Series Approach 63 -- 7.2 The Steady-State Approach 64 -- 7.3 Limitations of Network Modeling 65 -- 7.4 Example 1: Steady-State Model 65 -- 7.5 Example 2: Steady-State Model on Real Data 66 -- 7.6 Example 3: Steady-State Model on Real Data 68 -- 7.7 Example 4: Linear Time-Series Model 68 -- 7.8 Further Reading 71 -- 8 Molecular Classifiers 75 -- 8.1 Classification Schemes 76 -- 8.1.1 Nearest Neighbor 76 -- 8.1.2 Neural Networks 76 -- 8.1.3 Support Vector Machine 76 -- 8.2 Example I: Classification of Cancer Subtypes 77 -- 8.3 Example II: Classification of Cancer Subtypes 78 -- 8.4 Summary 79 -- 8.5 Further Reading 79 -- 9 Selection of Genes for Spotting on Arrays 81 -- 9.1 Gene Finding 82 -- 9.2 Selection of Regions Within Genes 82 -- 9.3 Selection of Primers for PCR 83 -- 9.4 Selection of Unique Oligomer Probes 83 -- 9.4.1 Example: Finding PCR Primers for Gene -- AF105374 83 -- 9.5 Experimental Design 84 -- 9.6 Further Reading 84 -- 10 Limitations of Expression Analysis 87 -- 10.1 Relative VersusAbsoluteRNA Quantification 88 -- 10.2 Further Reading 88 -- 11 Genotyping Chips 91 -- 11.1 Example: NeuralNetworksfor GeneChipprediction 91 -- 11.2 Further Reading 93 -- 12 Software Issues and Data Formats 95 -- 12.1 Standardization Efforts 96 -- 12.2 Standard File Format 97 -- 12.2.1 Example: Small Scripts in Awk 97 -- 12.3 Software for Clustering 98 -- 12.3.1 Example: Clustering with ClustArray 99 -- 12.4 Software for Statistical Analysis 99 -- 12.4.1 Example: StatisticalAnalysis with R 99 -- 12.4.2 The affyR Software Package 103 -- 12.4.3 Commercial Statistics Packages 103 -- 12.5 Summary 103 -- 12.6 Further Reading 104 -- 13 Commercial Software Packages 105 -- 14 Bibliography 109 -- Index 123.
- Biology and chemistry of Jeruslaem artichoke 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Biology and regulation of blood-tissue barriers Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialRegulation of permeability across the blood-brain barrier / Alexander S. Easton -- Drug transporters at brain barriers : expression and regulation by neurological disorders / Tamima Ashraf ... [et al.] -- The blood-retina barrier : tight junctions and barrier modulation / Matthew Campbell and Peter Humphries -- The inner blood-retinal barrier : molecular structure and transport biology / Ken-Ichi Hosoya and Masanori Tachikawa -- Endothelial and epithelial barriers in graft-versus-host disease / Sam C. Nalle and Jerrold R. Turner -- Structure and regulation of intestinal epithelial tight junctions : current concepts and unanswered questions / Andrei I. Ivanov -- Polarity protein complex scribble/Lgl/Dlg and epithelial cell barriers / Wen-Hui Su ... [et al.] -- The blood-biliary barrier, tight junctions, and human liver diseases / Nikki P. Lee -- The blood-follicle barrier (BFB) in disease and in ovarian function / Michelle K.Y. Siu and C. Yan Cheng -- Physiology and pathophysiology of the epithelial barrier of the female reproductive tract : role of ion channels / Hsiao Chang Chan ... [et al.] -- The blood-epididymis barrier and human male fertility / Øvemie Dubø and Daniel G. Cyr -- Blood-tissue barriers : morphofunctional and immunological aspects of the blood-testis and blood-epididymal barriers / Luiz R. França ... [et al.] -- Gap junctions and blood-tissue barriers / Michelle W.M. Li, Dolores D. Mruk, and C. Yan Cheng -- Transcriptional regulation of cell adhesion at the blood-testis barrier and spermatogenesis in the testis / Wing-Yee Lui and C. Yan Cheng -- C-Src and c-Yes are two unlikely partners of spermatogenesis and their roles in blood-testis barrier dynamics / Xiang Xiao ... [et al.] -- Role of P-glycoprotein at the blood-testis barrier on adjudin distribution in the testis : a revisit of recent data / Linlin Su ... [et al.] -- The apical ectoplasmic specialization-blood-testis barrier functional axis is a novel target for male contraception / Ka-Wai Mok ... [et al.].
- Print MaterialWhat is aging? -- Why do we age? -- How do we age? -- What is the mechanistic basis of aging and senescence? -- An integrated theory of aging -- What can we do about aging?
- Biology of cancer 2007Print MaterialThe biology and genetics of cells and organisms -- The nature of cancer -- Tumor viruses -- Cellular oncogenes -- Growth factors and their receptors -- Cytoplasmic signaling circuitry programs many of the traits of cancer -- Tumor suppressor genes -- pRb and control of the cell cycle clock -- P53 and apoptosis: master guardian, and executioner -- Eternal life: cell immortalization and tumorigenesis -- Multistep tumorigenesis -- Maintenance of genomic integrity and the development of cancer -- Dialogue replaces monologue: heterotypic interactions and the biology of angiogenesis -- Moving out: invasion and metastasis -- Crowd control: tumor immunology and immunotherapy -- The rational treatment of cancer.The biology and genetics of cells and organisms -- The nature of cancer -- Tumor viruses -- Cellular oncogenes -- Growth factors and their receptors -- Cytoplasmic signaling circuitry programs many of the traits of cancer -- Tumor suppressor genes -- pRb and control of the cell cycle clock -- p53 and apoptosis: master guardian and executioner -- Eternal life: cell immortalization and tumorigenesis -- Multistep tumorigenesis -- Maintenance of genomic integrity and the development of cancer -- Dialogue replaces monologue: heterotypic interactions and the biology of angiogenesis -- Moving out: invasion and metastasis -- Crowd control: tumor immunology and immunotherapy -- The rational treatment of cancer.
- Print MaterialThoroughly updated and incorporating the most important advances in the fast-growing field of cancer biology, This book is a textbook for students studying the molecular and cellular bases of cancer at the undergraduate, graduate, and medical school levels. The principles of cancer biology are presented in an organized, cogent, and in-depth manner. The clarity of writing, supported by an extensive full-color art program and numerous pedagogical features, makes the book accessible and engaging. The information unfolds through the presentation of key experiments that give readers a sense of discovery and provide insights into the conceptual foundation underlying modern cancer biology. Besides its value as a textbook, this book is a useful reference for individuals working in biomedical laboratories and for clinical professionals. Every copy of the book comes with an updated DVD-ROM containing the book's art program, a selection of movies, audio file mini-lectures, Supplementary Sidebars, and a Media Guide.
- Biology of dendritic cells and HIV infection 2007, SpringerGeneral aspects of dendritic cell biology, functions, and clinical application. -- Dendritic cell biology: subset heterogeneity and functional plasticity / Vassili Soumelis, Yong-Jun Liu, and Michel Gilliet -- Dendritic cells and their role in linking innate and adaptive immune responses / Mary F. Lipscomb, Julie A. Wilder, and Barbara J. Masten -- Dendritic cell and pathogen interactions in the subversion of protective immunity / John E. Connolly, Damien Chaussabel, and Jacques Banchereau -- Dendritic cells as keepers of peripheral tolerance / Sabine Ring, Alexander H. Enk, and Karsten Mahnke -- Adjuvants, dendritic cells, and cytokines: strategies for enhancing vaccine efficacy / Paola Rizza, Imerio Capone, and Filippo Belardelli -- Ex vivo-generated dendritic cells for clinical trials versus in vivo targeting to dendritic cells: critical issues / Joannes F.M. Jacobs ... [et al.] -- General aspects of the pathogenesis and immune response to HIV-1 infection. -- Immunopathogenesis of HIV infection / Elisa Vicenzi ... [et al.] -- Innate cellular immune responses in HIV infection / Barbara Schmidt ... [et al.] -- Adaptive immune responses in HIV-1 infection / Mara Biasin and Mario Clerici -- Dendritic cells and HIV interactions and their role in pathogenesis and immunity. -- Binding and uptake of HIV by dendritic cells and transfer to T lymphocytes: implications for pathogenesis / Anthony L. Cunningham ... [et al.] -- Loss, infection, and dysfunction of dendritic cells in HIV infection / Steven Patterson, Heather Donaghy, and Peter Kelleher -- HIV exploitation of DC biology to subvert the host immune response / Manuela Del Cornò ... [et al.] -- Cross-presentation by dendritic cells: role in HIV immunity and pathogenesis / Concepción Marañón ... [et al.] -- Immunotherapy of HIV infection: dendritic cells as targets and tools / Imerio Capone ... [et al.].
- Biology of gastric cancers 2009, Springer
- Biology of inositols and phosphoinositides 2006, Springer
- Biology of Krüppel-like factors 2009, SpringerI. Overview. -- Krüppel-like Factors: Ingenious Three Fingers Directing Biology and Pathobiology / Ryozo Nagai, Ichiro Manabe and Toru Suzuki -- II. Molecular Control of Krüppel-like Factor Function. -- Molecular Structures of Krüppel-like Factors / Toshio Nagashima, Fumiaki Hayashi, Takashi Umehara and Shigeyuki Yokoyama -- Krüppel-like Factor Proteins and Chromatin Dynamics / Navtej S. Buttar, Gwen A. Lomberk, Gaurang S. Daftary and Raul A. Urrutia -- Co-regulator Interactions in Krüppel-like Factor Transcriptional Programs / Richard C. M. Pearson, Briony H. A. Jack, Stella H. Y. Lee, Alister P. W. Funnell and Merlin Crossley -- III. Krüppel-like Factors in Development and Differentiation. -- Developmental Expression of Krüppel-like Factors / Yizeng Yang and Jonathan P. Katz -- Expanded Role for EKLF/KLF1 Within the Hematopoietic Lineage / James J. Bieker -- Roles of Krüppel-like Factors in Lymphocytes / Kensuke Takada, Kristin A. Hogquist and Stephen C. Jameson -- Krüppel-like Factors in Gastrointestinal Tract Development and Differentiation / Marie-Pier Tétreault and Jonathan P. Katz -- Gene Interactions Between Krüppel-like Factors in Development / Joyce A. Lloyd -- Krüppel-like Factors in Stem Cell Biology / Masatsugu Ema, Satoru Takahashi and Yoshiaki Fujii-Kuriyama -- IV. Krüppel-like Factors in Organ Function and Disease. -- Krüppel-like Factors and the Liver / Goutham Narla and Scott L. Friedman -- Role of Krüppel-like Factor 15 in Adipocytes / Wataru Ogawa, Hiroshi Sakaue and Masato Kasuga -- Krüppel-like Factors in the Heart / Daiji Kawanami, Saptarsi M. Haldar and Mukesh K. Jain -- Krüppel-like Factors in the Vascular Endothelium / Guillermo García-Cardeña and Guadalupe Villarreal -- Krüppel-like Factors KLF2, KLF4, and KLF5: Central Regulators of Smooth Muscle Function / Christopher W. Moehle and Gary K. Owens -- Krüppel-like Factors in Cancers / Vincent W. Yang -- V. Diagnostic and Therapeutic Applications of Krüppel-like Factors. -- Krüppel-like Factors KLF6 and KLF6-SV1 in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Cancer / Analisa DiFeo, Goutham Narla and John A. Martignetti -- Drug Development and Krüppel-like Factors / Ichiro Manabe and Ryozo Nagai.
- Biology of marijuana 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Biology of oral cancer 2014, CRCnetBASE"Cancer is a class of disease or disorders characterized by uncontrolled division of cells and the ability of these cells to invade other tissues. One new approach in dealing with cancer is through apoptotic regulators, which is the process of controlling cell growth by abnormally prolonging cell survival, facilitating the accumulation of transforming mutations and promoting resistance. This book uses oral cancers as the specific means to demonstrate this technique with this particular type of cancer, which is quite prevalent (and deadly) in India and other parts of Asia, in particular"--Provided by publisher.
- Biology of plants 2012, Cold Spring Harb Lab Press"Plants are integral to human well being, and many species have been domesticated for more than 10,000 years. Evidence of plant scientific investigation and classification can be found in ancient texts from cultures around the world (Chinese, Indian, Greco-Roman, Muslim, etc.), whereas early modern botany can be traced to the late 15th and early 16th centuries in Europe. During the past several decades, plant biology has been revolutionized first by molecular biology and then by the genomic era. The model organism Arabidopsis thaliana has proved to be an invaluable tool for investigation into fundamental processes in plant biology, many of which share commonalities with animal biology. Plant-specific processes from reproduction to immunity and second messengers have also yielded to extensive investigation. With the genomes of more than 30 plant species now available and many more planned in the near future, the impact on our understanding of plant evolution and biology continues to grow. Our increased ability to engineer plant species to a variety of ends may provide novel solutions to ensure adequate and reliable food production and renewable energy even as climate change impacts our environment. The decision to focus the 2012 Symposium on plant science reflected the enormous research progress achieved in recent years and was intended to provide a broad synthesis of the current state of the field, setting the stage for future discoveries and application. This is the first Symposium in this historic series that focused exclusively on the botanical sciences. The Symposium spanned a broad range of areas of investigation including genetics, biochemistry, molecular and cell biology, developmental biology, physiology, and population/evolution studies at levels ranging from the single cell to the entire organism and from single genes to genomes; plant-specific processes and pathways featured broadly throughout the meeting. Effort was made to balance fundamental biological discoveries with applications relevant to societal well being including improved crops, fuel, and habitat"--Page xv.
- Biology of rhodococcus 2010, SpringerSystematics of Members of the Genus Rhodococcus (Zopf 1891) Emend Goodfellow et al. 1998: The Past, Present and Future / Volker Gűrtler and Robert J. Seviour -- The Rhodococcal Cell Envelope: Composition, Organisation and Biosynthesis / Iain C. Sutcliffe, Alistair K. Brown and Lynn G. Dover -- Genomes and Plasmids in Rhodococcus / Michael J. Larkin, Leonid A. Kulakov and Christopher C. R. Allen -- Central Metabolism of Species of the Genus Rhodococcus / Héctor M. Alvarez -- Adaptation of Rhodococcus to Organic Solvents / Carla C. C. R. de Carvalho -- Catabolism of Aromatic Compounds and Steroids by Rhodococcus / Katherine C. Yam, Robert van der Geize and Lindsay D. Eltis -- Catabolism of Nitriles in Rhodococcus / Ludmila Martínková, Miroslav Pátek, Alicja Barbara Veselá, Ondřej Kaplan and Bronislava Uhnáková, et al. -- The Desulfurization Pathway in Rhodococcus / Ting Ma -- Application of Rhodococcus in Bioremediation of Contaminated Environments / Maria S. Kuyukina and Irena B. Ivshina -- Physiology, Biochemistry, and Molecular Biology of Triacylglycerol Accumulation by Rhodococcus / Héctor M. Alvarez and Alexander Steinbüchel -- Rhodococcus Biosurfactants: Biosynthesis, Properties, and Potential Applications / Maria S. Kuyukina and Irena B. Ivshina -- Phytopathogenic Strategies of Rhodococcus fascians / Elisabeth Stes, Marcelle Holsters and Danny Vereecke -- Rhodococcus equi and Its Pathogenic Mechanisms / José A. Vázquez-Boland, Michal Letek, Ana Valero-Rello, Patricia González and Mariela Scortti, et al.
- Biology of serpins. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirect
- Biology of sharks and their relatives 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Print Material
- Biology of subcellular nitric oxide 2012, Springer
- Biology of the fungal cell. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Biology of the Southern Ocean. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASEThe southern ocean -- Phytoplankton and primary production -- Sea-ice microbial communities -- Zooplankton -- Krill -- Nekton -- Fish -- Seals -- Whales -- Birds -- Benthic communities -- The fast ice and ice shelves -- Ice-edge processes -- Decomposition and the roles of bacteria and protozoa -- Ecosystem dynamics -- Resource exploitation -- Ecosystem changes resulting from resource exploitation -- Management of living resources -- Ultraviolet radiation -- Global warming and Antarctic marine ecosystems -- Human impact.
- Biology of turtles 2008, CRCnetBASEHow the turtle gets its shell / Scott F. Gilbert, Judith A. Cebra-Thomas, and Ann C. Burke -- Comparative ontogenetic and phylogenetic aspects of Chelonian chondro-osseous growth and skeletochronology / Melissa L. Snover and Anders G.J. Rhodin -- Evolution and structure of the turtle shell / Peter C.H. Pritchard -- Long bone allometry in tortoises and turtles / Gustavo A. Llorente ... [et al.] -- Evolution of locomotion in aquatic turtles / Sabine Renous ... [et al.] -- Hindlimb function in turtle locomotion : limb movements and muscular activation across taxa, environment, and ontogeny / Richard W. Blob, Angela R.V. Rivera, and Mark W. Westneat -- Cervical anatomy and function in turtles / Anthony Herrel, Johan Van Damme, and Peter Aerts -- Functional evolution of feeding behavior in turtles / Vincent Bels ... [et al.] -- The structure of cardiopulmonary systems of turtles : implications for behavior / Jeanette Wyneken -- Reproductive structures and strategies of turtles / Jeffrey D. Miller and Stephen A. Dinkelacker -- Mixed and uniform brood sex ratio strategy in turtles : the facts, the theory, and their consequences / Vincent Hulin ... [et al.] -- The physiology and anatomy of anoxia tolerance in the freshwater turtle brain / Sarah L. Milton -- The relationships of turtles with amniotes / Olivier Rieppel.
- Bioluminescence and chemiluminescence. Part B ScienceDirect
- Bioluminescence and chemiluminescence. Part C ScienceDirect
- Biomarker methods in drug discovery and development 2008, Springer
- Biomarkers for psychiatric disorders 2008., Springer
- Biomarkers in breast cancer 2006, SpringerGuidelines for the design of clinical studies for the development and validation of therapeutically relevant biomarkers and biomarker-based classification systems / Richard M. Simon -- Analytical aspects of biomarker immunoassays in cancer research / C. G. J. (Fred) Sweep, Chris M. G. Thomas and Manfred Schmitt -- Tissue microarrays: state-of-the-art, pitfalls, and promises / Chungyeul Kim and Soonmyung Paik -- Gene expression profiling with DNA microarrays / Michele De Bortoli and Nicoletta Biglia -- Assays for gene amplification / Chungyeul Kim, Yongkuk Song, and Soonmyung Paik -- Cell kinetics / Maria Grazia Daidone, Rosella Silvestrini, and Dino Amadori -- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator and PAI-1 / Michael J. Duffy -- Predictive value of c-erbb-2 for endocrine therapy and chemotherapy in breast cancer / Vered Stearns -- Erb-b-2 as a therapeutic target / Robert Mass -- The epidermal growth factor receptor pathway as a selective -- Molecular-targeting treatment in human breast cancer / Fortunato Ciardiello, Teresa Troiani, and Giampaolo Tortora -- P-53 as a prognostic and predictive indicator / Daniela Kandioler and Raimund Jakesz -- Occult metastatic cells in breast cancer patients / Stephan Braun, Julia Seeber, and Christian Marth -- Circulating HER-2/neu / Allan Lipton ... [et al.] -- Circulating vascular endothelial growth factor / Roberta Sarmiento ... [et al] -- Detection of early tumor dissemination in patients with breast cancer / Debra Hawes and Richard J. Cote -- New technologies/new markers/new challenges / Daniel F. Hayes and Giampietro Gasparini -- Index.
- Biomarkers in kidney disease. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Characteristics of an Ideal Biomarker of Kidney Diseases / Michael R. Bennett, Prasad Devarajan -- Chapter 2. Statistical Considerations in Analysis and Interpretation of Biomarker Studies / Chirag R. Parikh, Heather Thiessen Philbrook -- Chapter 3. The Role of Metabolomics in the Study of Kidney Diseases and in the Development of Diagnostic Tools / Uwe Christians, Jeska Albuisson, Jost Klawitter, Jelena Klawitter -- Chapter 4. The Role of Proteomics in the Study of Kidney Diseases and in the Development of Diagnostic Tools / Uwe Christians, Stephanie McCrery, Jost Klawitter, Jelena Klawitter -- Chapter 5. Biomarkers in Acute Kidney Injury / Charles L. Edelstein, Sarah Faubel -- Chapter 6. Biomarkers in Kidney Transplantation / Alkesh Jani -- Chapter 7. Cystatin C as a Biomarker in Kidney Disease / Anders Grubb -- Chapter 8. Biomarkers of Renal Cancer / Naveen S. Vasudev, Rosamonde E. Banks -- Chapter 9. Urinary Proteomics and Candidate Biomarker Discovery for Diabetic Nephropathy / Michael L. Merchant, Jon B. Klein -- Chapter 10. Biomarkers in Glomerular Disease / John M. Arthur, Milos N. Budisavljevic, Michael G. Janech -- Chapter 11. Biomarkers in Preeclampsia / Ana Sofia Cerdeira, S. Ananth Karumanchi.
- Biomarkers in oncology 2013, Springer
- Biomarkers of environmentally associated disease 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Biomass. Part B, Lignin, pectin, and chitin ScienceDirect
- Biomaterials 2007, CRCnetBASEMetallic biomaterials / Joon B. Park and Young Kon Kim -- Ceramic biomaterials / W.C. Billotte -- Polymeric biomaterials / Hai Bang Lee, Gilson Khang, and Jin Ho Lee -- Composite biomaterials / Roderic S. Lakes -- Biodegradable hydrogels : tailoring properties and function through chemistry and structure / Andrew T. Metters and Chien-Chi Lin -- Biodegradable polymeric biomaterials : an updated overview / Chih-Chang Chu -- Biologic biomaterials : tissue-derived biomaterials (collagen) / Shu-Tung Li -- Soft tissue replacements / K.B. Chandran, K.J.L. Burg, and S.W. Shalaby -- Hard tissue replacements / Sang-Hyun Park ... [et al.] -- Controlling and assessing cell-biomaterial interactions at the micro- and nanoscale : applications in tissue engineering / Jessica Kaufman, Joyce Y. Wong, and Catherine Klapperich.
- Biomaterials 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Biomaterials Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Biomaterials and stem cells in regenerative medicine 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book bridges the gap in experimental approaches and understanding among the key areas of biomedical research. It provides all-important aspects dealing with the basic science involved in structure and properties, techniques and technological innovations in processing and characterizations, and applications of biomaterials and stem cells in tissue regeneration. The coverage ranges from fundamental principles to current technological advancements in the major field of regenerative medicine at the macro/micro/nano/molecular scales. It includes breakthroughs in biomaterials, stem cells, tissue engineering, and drug delivery and the current perspectives of these key elements in the context of regenerative medicine"--Provided by publisher.
- Biomaterials fabrication and processing handbook 2008, CRCnetBASEElectrohydrodynamic processing of micro- and nanometer biological materials / Yiquan Wu and Robert Lewis Clark -- Fabrication and function of biohybrid nanomaterials prepared via supramolecular approaches / Katsuhiko Ariga -- Polypyrrole nano- and microsensors and actuators for biomedical applications / Yevgeny Berdichevsky and Yu-Hwa Lo -- Processing of biosensing materials and biosensors / Yingchun Zhu, Yu Yang, and Yanyan Liu -- Synthetic and natural degradable polymeric biomaterials / Sanjukta Deb -- Electroactive polymers as smart materials with intrinsic actuation properties: new functionalities for biomaterials / Federico Carpi and Danilo De Rossi -- Blood contacting surfaces / Menno L.W. Knetsch -- Improving blood compatibility of biomaterials using a novel antithrombin-heparin covalent complex / Leslie Roy Berry and Anthony Kam Chuen Chan -- Surface modification of biomaterials using plasma immersion ion implantation and deposition / Xuanyong Liu, Ricky K.Y. Fu, Paul K. Chu -- Biomaterials for gastrointestinal medicine, repair and reconstruction / Richard M. Day -- Biomaterials for cartilage reconstruction and repair / Wojciech Swieszkowski ... [et al.].Inorganic and composite bioactive scaffolds for bone tissue engineering / Q.Z. Chen, Oana Bretcanu, Aldo R. Boccaccini -- Design, fabrication and characterization of scaffolds via solid free-form fabrication techniques / Dietmar W. Hutmacher and Maria Ann Woodruff -- Control and monitoring of scaffold architecture for tissue engineering / Ying Yang ... [et al.] -- Rapid prototyping methods for tissue engineering applications / Giovanni Vozzi and Arti Ahluwalia -- Design and fabrication principles of electrospinning of scaffolds / Dietmar W. Hutmacher and Andrew K. Ekaputra -- Nanoparticles in cancer drug delivery systems / So Yeon Kim and Young Moo Lee -- Polymeric nano/microparticles for oral delivery of proteins and peptides / S. Sajeesh and Chandra P. Sharma -- Nanostructured porous biomaterials for controlled drug release systems / Yang Yang Li, Jifan Li, and Bunichiro Nakajima -- Inorganic nanostructures for drug delivery / Ying-Jie Zhu -- Self-assembly of nanostructures as biomaterials / Hua Ai, Yujiang Fan, and Zhongwei Gu --
- Biomaterials for surgical operation 2012, Springer1. Introduction -- 2. Biological Events Associated with Surgical Operation -- 3. Bioabsorbable Polymers -- 4. Sealants (Adhesives) to Prevent Bleeding -- 5. Barriers to Prevent Tissue Adhesion -- 6. Devices for Bone Fixation -- 7. Growth Factors for Promoting Wound Healing -- 8. Sutures for Wound Closure -- 9. Conclusions.
- Biomaterials in hand surgery 2009, Springer
- Print Material
- Biomaterials, artificial organs and tissue engineering 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Biomaterials. 3rd ed. 2007, Springer
- Biomechanics 2008, CRCnetBASEMechanics of hard tissue / J. Lawrence Katz -- Musculoskeletal soft tissue mechanics / Richard L. Lieber, Thomas J. Burkholder -- Joint-articulating surface motion / Kenton R. Kaufman, Kai-Nan An -- Joint lubrication / Michael J. Furey -- Analysis of gait / Roy B. Davis, III, Sylvia Ounpuu, Peter A. DeLuca -- Mechanics of head/neck / Albert I. King, David C. Viano -- Biomechanics of chest and abdomen impact / David C. Viano, Albert I. King -- Cardiac biomechanics / Andrew D. McCulloch -- Heart valve dynamics / Ajit P. Yoganathan, Jack D. Lemmon, Jeffrey T. Ellis -- Arterial macrocirculatory hemodynamics / Baruch B. Lieber -- Mechanics of blood vessels / Thomas R. Canfield, Philip B. Dobrin -- The venous system / Artin A. Shoukas, Carl F. Rothe -- Mechanics, molecular transport, and regulation in the microcirculation / Aleksander S. Popel, Roland N. Pittman -- Mechanics and deformability of hematocytes / Richard E. Waugh, Robert M. Hochmuth -- Mechanics of tissue/lymphatic transport / Geert W. Schmid-Schonbein, Alan R. Hargens -- Modeling in cellular biomechanics / Alexander A. Spector, Roger Tran-Son-Tay -- Cochlear mechanics / Charles R. Steele ... [et al.] -- Vestibular mechanics / Wallace Grant -- Exercise physiology / Arthur T. Johnson, Cathryn R. Dooly -- Factors affecting mechanical work in humans / Ben F. Hurley, Arthur T. Johnson.
- Biomechanics at micro- and nanoscale levels SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Biomechanics for life 2011, Springer
- B cell protocols .......................
- — Between pathogenicity and commensalis...
- Between the lines of genetic code ......
- — Biomechanics for life ..................
- Biomechanics in ergonomics. 2nd ed. ....
- — Bone health in children ................
- Bone marrow and stem cell transplanta...
- — Butyl acetates .........................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases