- B cell protocols — Beyond the archives (187)
- Beyond the numbers — Biomedical applications of peptide-, glyco- and glycopeptide dendrimers, and analogous dendrimeric structures (187)
- Biomedical aspects of histamine — Bone metastases. Second edition. [2nd ed.] (187)
- Bone metastasis — Butyl acetates (184)
BAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- B cell protocols 2004, Springer ProtocolsCharacterization of B lymphopoiesis in mouse bone marrow and spleen / Richard R. Hardy and Susan A. Shinton -- Characterization of B-cell maturation in the peripheral immune system / Rita Carsetti -- Identification of B-cell subsets: an exposition of 11-color (Hi-D) FACS methods / James W. Tung ... [et al.] -- Analysis of B-cell life-span and homeostasis / Irmgard Förster -- Differentiation of B lymphocytes from hemotopoietic stem cells / Paulo Vieira and Ana Cumano -- Analysis of lymphocyte development and function using the RAG-deficient blastocyst complementation system / Faith M. Young, Carl A. Pinkert, and Andrea Bottaro -- Conditional gene mutagenesis in B-lineage cells / Stefano Casola -- Analysis of the germinal center reaction and in vivo long-lived plasma cells / Kai-Michael Toellner, Mahmood Khan, and Daniel Man-Yuen Sze -- T-cell-dependent immune responses, germinal center development, and the anaysis of V-gene sequences / Claudia Berek -- Introduction of genes into primary murine splenic B cells using retrovirus vectors / Kuo-I Lin and Kathryn Calame --Immunoglobulin class switching: in vitro induction and analysis / Sven Kracker and Andreas Radbruch -- In vitro and in vivo assays of B-lymphocyte migration / Chantal Moratz and John H. Kehrl -- Analysis of antigen-specific B-cell memory directly ex vivo / Louise J. McHeyzer-Williams and Michael G. McHeyzer-Williams -- B-cell signal transduction : tyrosine phosphorylation, kinase activity, and calcium mobilization / Tilman Brummer ... [et al.] -- Isolation of lipid rafts from B lymphocytes / Anu Cherukuri ... [et al.] -- Molecular single-cell PCR analysis of rearranged immunoglobulin genes as a tool to determine the clonal composition of normal and malignant human B cells / Ralf Küppers -- Analysis of B-cell immune tolerance induction using transgenic mice / Helen Ferry and Richard J. Cornall -- Analysis of B-cell signaling using DT40 B-cell line / Tomoharu Yasuda and Tadashi Yamamoto -- B-cell Development and pre-B-1 cell plasticity in vitro / Antonius G. Rolink.
- Determinations of B cell fate in immunity and autoimmunity / Noelle, R.J.; Erickson, L.D. -- Regulatory roles for cytokine-producing B cells in infection and autoimmune disease / Lund, F.E. ... [et al.] -- The CD19-CD21 signal transduction complex of B lymphocytes regulates the balance between health and autoimmune disease / Tedder, T.F. ... [et al.] -- Marginal zone B cell physiology and disease / Lopes-Carvalho, T.; Kearney, J.F. -- Dendritic cells control B cell growth and differentiation / Jego, G. ... [et al.] -- The biology of CD20 and its potential as a target for mAb therapy / Cragg, M.S. ... [et al.] -- B lymphocyte depletion in rheumatoid arthritis / Edwards, J.C.W.; Leandro, M.J.; Cambridge, G. -- Treatment of SLE with anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody / Looney, R.J.; Anolik, J.; Sanz, I. -- The biochemistry and biology of BAFF, APRIL and their receptors / Kalled, S.L.; Ambrose, C.; Hsu, Y.-M. -- The BAFF/APRIL system / Mackay, F. ... [et al.] -- Human B lymphocyte malignancies / Jelinek, D.F.; Darce, J.R. -- BlySfulness does not equal blissfulness in systemic lupus erythematosus / Stohl, W.
- Back and bed 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Back injury among healthcare workers 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Print Material
- Bacteria and cancer 2012, Springer
- Print MaterialThe bacteria : an introduction -- The bacterial cell -- Growth and reproduction -- Differentiation -- Metabolism I : energy -- Metabolism II : carbon -- Molecular biology I : genes and gene expression -- Molecular biology II : changing the message -- Bacteriophages -- Bacteria in the living world -- Bacteria in medicine -- Applied bacteriology I : food -- Applied bacteriology II : miscellaneous aspects -- Some practical bacteriology -- Man against bacteria -- The identification and classification of bacteria.
- Bacterial adhesion 2011, SpringerAdhesins of Human Pathogens from the Genus Yersinia / Jack C. Leo and Mikael Skurnik -- Adhesive Mechanisms of Salmonella enterica / Carolin Wagner and Michael Hensel -- Adhesion Mechanisms of Borrelia burgdorferi / Styliani Antonara, Laura Ristow and Jenifer Coburn -- Adhesins of Bartonella spp. / Fiona O'Rourke, Thomas Schmidgen, Patrick O. Kaiser, Dirk Linke and Volkhard A.J. Kempf -- Adhesion Mechanisms of Plant-Pathogenic Xanthomonadaceae / Nadia Mhedbi-Hajri, Marie-Agnès Jacques and Ralf Koebnik -- Adhesion by Pathogenic Corynebacteria / Elizabeth A. Rogers, Asis Das and Hung Ton-That -- Adhesion Mechanisms of Staphylococci / Christine Heilmann -- Protein Folding in Bacterial Adhesion: Secretion and Folding of Classical Monomeric Autotransporters / Peter van Ulsen -- Structure and Biology of Trimeric Autotransporter Adhesins / Andrzej Łyskowski, Jack C. Leo and Adrian Goldman -- Crystallography and Electron Microscopy of Chaperone / Usher Pilus Systems / Sebastian Geibel and Gabriel Waksman -- Crystallography of Gram-Positive Bacterial Adhesins / Vengadesan Krishnan and Sthanam V. L. Narayana -- The Nonideal Coiled Coil of M Protein and Its Multifarious Functions in Pathogenesis / Partho Ghosh -- Bacterial Extracellular Polysaccharides / Kateryna Bazaka, Russell J. Crawford, Evgeny L. Nazarenko and Elena P. Ivanova -- Carbohydrate Mediated Bacterial Adhesion / Roland J. Pieters -- The Application of NMR Techniques to Bacterial Adhesins / Frank Shewmaker -- Electron Microscopy Techniques to Study Bacterial Adhesion / Iwan Grin, Heinz Schwarz and Dirk Linke -- EM Reconstruction of Adhesins: Future Prospects / Ferlenghi Ilaria and Fabiola Giusti -- Atomic Force Microscopy to Study Intermolecular Forces and Bonds Associated with Bacteria / Steven K. Lower -- Assessing Bacterial Adhesion on an Individual Adhesin and Single Pili Level Using Optical Tweezers / Ove Axner, Magnus Andersson, Oscar Björnham, Mickaël Castelain and Jeanna Klinth, et al. -- Short Time-Scale Bacterial Adhesion Dynamics / Jing Geng and Nelly Henry -- Deciphering Biofilm Structure and Reactivity by Multiscale Time-Resolved Fluorescence Analysis / Arnaud Bridier, Ekaterina Tischenko, Florence Dubois-Brissonnet, Jean-Marie Herry and Vincent Thomas, et al. -- Inhibition of Bacterial Adhesion on Medical Devices / Lígia R. Rodrigues.
- Bacterial adhesion to host tissues 2002, MyiLibrarySurface protein adhesins of staphylococci / Timothy J. Foster -- Mechanisms of utilization of host signalling molecules by respiratory mucosal pathogens / Mumtaz Virji -- Adhesive surface structures of oral streptococci / Roderick McNab, Pauline S. Handley and Howard F. Jenkinson -- Regulation and function of phase variation in Escherichia coli / Ian Blomfield and Marjan van der Woude -- Regulation of capsule expression / Clare Taylor and Ian S. Roberts -- Role of pili in Haemophilus influenzae adherence, colonization and disease / Janet R. Gilsdorf -- Transcriptional regulation of meningococcal gene expression upon adhesion to target cells / Muhamed-Kheir Taha -- Induction of protein secretion by Yersinia enterocolitica through contact with eukaryotic cells / Dorothy E. Pierson -- Functional modulation of pathogenic bacteria upon contact with host target cells / Andreas U. Kresse, Frank Ebel and Carlos A. Guzmán -- Adhesion, signal transduction and mucosal inflammation / Catharina Svanborg ... [et al.] -- Adhesion of oral spirochaetes to host cells and its cytopathogenic consequences / Richard P. Ellen -- Interactions between enteropathogenic Escherichia coli and epithelial cells / Elizabeth L. Hartland, Gad Frankel and Stuart Knutton -- Host cell responses to Porphyromonas gingivalis and Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans / Richard J. Lamont.
- Bacterial and bacteriophage genetics. 5th ed. 2006, Springer
- Bacterial artificial chromosomes v. 1-2, 2004., Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2004 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Library construction, physical mapping, and sequencing -- v. 2. Functional studies.
- Bacterial biofilms 2008, Springer
- Bacterial chromatin 2010, Springer
- Bacterial circadian programs 2009, Springer
- Bacterial genomes and infectious diseases 2006, SpringerMicrobial genomes / Voon Loong Chan -- Evolution and origin of virulence isolates / Voon Loong Chan, Philip M. Sherman, and Billy Bourke -- Genomic approach to understanding of infectious disease mechanisms / Voon Loong Chan, Philip M. Sherman, and Billy Bourke -- Knockout and disease models in toll-like receptor-mediated immunity / Huey-Lan Huang and Wen-Chen Yeh -- Campylobacter from glycome to pathogenesis / John Kelly ... [et al.] -- Genomics of helicobacter species / Zhongming Ge and David B. Schauer -- The organization of leptospira at a genomic level / Dieter M. Bulach ... [et al.] -- Listeria monocytogenes / Keith Ireton -- Mycobacterial genomes / David C. Alexander and Jun Liu -- Mycoplasma / Yuko Sasaki -- Genome comparisons of diverse staphylococcus aureus strains / Martin J. McGavin -- Type III secretion, systems in yersinia pestis, and yersinia pseudotuberculosis / James B. Bliska, Michelle B. Ryndak, and Jens P. Grabenstein -- Genomics and the evolution of pathogenic vibrio cholerae / William S. Jermyn ... [et al.] -- Future directions of infectious disease research / Philip M. Sherman, Billy Bourke, and Voon Loong Chan -- Index.
- Bacterial infections of humans. 4th ed. 2009, SpringerEpidemiological concepts / Alfred S. Evans -- Public health surveillance / Philip S. Brachman -- Molecular epidemiology / Lee W. Riley -- Epidemiology of bacterial resistance to antimicrobial agents / Fred C. Tenover and John E. McGowan, Jr. -- Anthrax / Philip S. Brachman and Arnold F. Kaufmann -- Bacterial foodborne disease / Heather Green ... [et al.] -- Botulism / Patricia A. Yu ... [et al.] -- Brucellosis / Edward J. Young -- Campylobacter infections / Ban Mishu Allos -- Chancroid / Jaffar A. Al-Tawfiq -- Chlamydial infections / Julius Schachter and E. Russell Alexander -- Cholera / Manoj P. Menon, Eric D. Mintz, and Robert V. Tauxe -- Clostridium difficile / Dale N. Gerding and Stuart Johnson -- Dipththeria / Melinda Wharton -- Escherichia coli diarrhea / Herbert L. DuPont, M. Teresa Estrada-Garcia, and Zhi-Dong Jiang -- Gonococcal infections / Jonathan M. Zenilman and J. McLeod Griffiss -- Haemophilus influenzae / Janet R. Gilsdorf -- Helicobacter pylori / Sharon Perry, Catherine de Martel, and Julie Parsonnet -- Legionellosis / Roopal Patel, Matthew R. Moore, and barry S. Fields -- Leprosy / Richard I. Frankel and David M. Scollard -- Leptospirosis / Paul N. Levett and Charles N. Edwards -- Listeria monocytogenes infections / Donald Armstrong and Donald B. Louria -- Lyme disease / Roger P. Clark and Linden T. Hu -- Meningococcal infections / Robert S. Baltimore -- Mycoplasma pneumoniae and other human mycoplasmas / Deborah F. Talkington and Ken B. Waites -- Healthcare-acquired bacterial infections / Ebbing Lautenbach and Elias Abrutyn -- Pertussis / Scott A. Halperin and Gaston De Serres -- Plague / David T. Dennis and J. Erin Staples -- Pneumococcal infections / Keith P. Klugman and Charles Feldman -- Q fever / Thomas J. Marrie -- Rocky mountain spotted fever / Aaron Milstone and J. Stephen Dumler -- Salmonellosis : nontyphoidal / Michael F. Lynch and Robert V. Tauxe -- Shigellosis / Gerald T. Keusch -- Evans' infections of humans: staphylococcal infections / Zeina A. Kanafani and Vance G. Fowler, Jr. -- Streptococcal infections / Barry M. Gray and Dennis L. Stevens -- Syphilis / Anne Rompalo and Willard Cates -- Nonvenereal treponematoses / Ammar M. Ahmed ... [et al.] -- Tetanus / Steven G.F. Wassilak and Katrina Kretsinger -- Toxic shock syndrome (staphylococcal) / Arthur L. Reingold -- Tuberculosis / Diana S. Pope, Richard E. Chaisson, and George W. Comstock -- Nontuberculous mycobacterial infections / Charles L. Daley -- Tularemia / Paul S. Mead and Jeannine M. Petersen -- Typhoid fever / Myron M. Levine -- Yersinia enterocolitica infections / Ann M. Schmitz and Robert V. Tauxe.
- Bacterial infections of the central nervous system 2010, ScienceDirect
- Bacterial pathogenesis 2008, Springer ProtocolsIsolation and characterization of lipopolysaccharides / Michael A. Apicella -- Proteomic analysis of proteins secreted by Streptococcus pyogenes / Michelle A. Chaussee, Emily J. McDowell, and Michael S. Chaussee -- Proteomic analysis to investigate regulatory networks in Staphylococcus aureus / Susanne Engelmann and Michael Hecker -- Microarray comparative genomic hybridization for the analysis of bacterial population genetics and evolution / Caitriona M. Guinane and J. Ross Fitzgerald -- Detection and inhibition of bacterial cell-cell communication / Scott A. Rice ... [et al.] -- A system for site-specific genetic manipulation of the relapsing fever spirochete Borrelia hermsii / James M. Battisti, Sandra J. Raffel, and Tom G. Schwan -- Transposon mutagenesis of the lyme disease agent Borrelia burgdorferi / Philip E. Stewart and Patricia A. Rosa -- The biofilm exopolysaccharide polysaccharide intercellular adhesin--a molecular and biochemical approach / Cuong Vuong and Michael Otto -- Analysis of Staphylococcus aureus gene expression during PMN phagocytosis / Jovanka M. Voyich, Dan E. Sturdevant, and Frank R. DeLeo -- Examining the vector-host-pathogen interface with quantitative molecular tools / Jason E. Comer, Ellen A. Lorange, and B. Joseph Hinnebusch -- Intracellular localization of Brucella abortus and Francisella tularensis in primary murine macrophages / Jean Celli -- Rate and extent of Helicobacter pylori phagocytosis / Lee-Ann H. Allen -- Culture, isolation, and labeling of Anaplasma phagocytophilum for subsequent infection of human neutrophils / Dori L. Borjesson -- Ultrastructural analysis of bacteria-host cell interactions / David W. Dorward -- Infection of human monocyte-derived macrophages with Coxiella burnetii / Jeffrey G. Shannon and Robert A. Heinzen -- Infection of epithelial cells with Salmonella enterica / Olivia Steele-Mortimer -- Determining the cellular targets of reactive oxygen species in Borrelia burgdorferi / Julie A. Boylan and Frank C. Gherardini -- Bioluminescent imaging of bacterial biofilm infections in vivo / Jagath L. Kadurugamuwa and Kevin P. Francis -- The cotton rat as a model for Staphylococcus aureus nasal colonization in humans : cotton rat S. aureus nasal colonization model / John F. Kokai-Kun -- A non-human primate model of acute group A Streptococcus pharyngitis / Paul Sumby, Anne H. Tart, and James M. Musser -- Target-based antimicrobial drug discovery / Lefa E. Alksne and Paul M. Dunman -- Sequence analysis of the variable number tandem repeat in Staphylococcus aureus protein A gene : spa typing / Barun Mathema, Jose Mediavilla, and Barry N. Kreiswirth.
- Print MaterialThe power of bacteria -- Skin and mucosa : the first lines of defense against bacterial infections -- The innate immune system : always on guard -- The second line of defense : antibodies and cytotoxic T cells -- The normal human microbiota -- Microbes and disease : establishing a connection -- Mechanisms of genetic modification and exchange : role in pathogen evolution -- Identification of virulence factors : measuring infectivity and virulence -- Identification of virulence factors : molecular approaches for bacterial factors -- Identification of virulence factors : molecular approaches for host factors -- Bacterial strategies for evading or surviving host defense systems -- Toxins and other toxic virulence factors -- Delivery of virulence factors -- Virulence regulation -- Antimicrobial compounds -- How bacteria become resistant to antibiotics -- Vaccination : an underappreciated component of the modern medical armamentarium -- The gram-positive opportunistic pathogens -- The gram-negative opportunistic pathogens and emerging pathogens -- Biosecurity : the changing roles of microbiologists in an age of bioterrorism and emerging diseases.
- Bacterial pathogenesis. Part C, Identification, regulation, and function of virulence factors ScienceDirect
- Bacterial physiology 2008, Springer
- Bacterial resistance to antimicrobials. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEMicrobial drug resistance: a historical perspective / William C. Summers -- Ecology of antibiotic resistance genes / Abigail A. Salyers, Nadja Shoemaker, and David Schlesinger -- Global response systems that confer resistance / Paul F. Miller and Philip N. Rather -- Multidrug efflux pumps: structure, mechanism, and inhibition / Olga Lomovskaya ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of aminoglycoside antibiotic resistance / Gerard D. Wright -- Resistance to [beta]-lactam antibiotics mediated by [beta]-lactamases : structure, mechanism, and evolution / Jooyoung Cha, Lakshmi P. Kotra, and Shahriar Mobashery -- Target modification as a mechanism of antimicrobial resistance / David C. Hooper -- Antibiotic permeability / Harry Taber -- Genetic methods for detecting bacterial resistance genes / Ad C. Fluit --Evolution and epidemiology of antibiotic-resistant pneumococci / Christopher Gerard Dowson and Krzysztof Trzcinski -- Antimicrobial resistance in the enterococcus / George M. Eliopoulos -- Methicillin resistance in staphylococcus aureus / Keeta S. Gilmore, Michael S. Gilmore, and Daniel F. Sahm -- Mechanism of drug resistance in mycobacterium tuberculosis / Alex S. Pym and Stewart T. Cole -- Antibiotic resistance in enterobacteria / Nafsika H. Georgopapadakou -- Resistance as a worldwide problem / Paul Shears -- Public health responses to antimicrobial resistance in outpatient and inpatient settings / Cindy R. Friedman and Arjun Srinivasan -- Antibacterial drug discovery in the 21st century / Steven J. Projan.
- Bacterial sensing and signaling 2009, KargerChemical interactions between organisms in microbial communities / Duan, K. ... [et al.] -- Autoinducer-2-based chemical communication in bacteria : complexities of interspecies signaling / Federle, M.J. -- The molecular basis of excitation and adaptation during chemotactic sensory transduction in bacteria / Rao, C.V., Ordal, G.W. -- Bacterial PEP-dependent carbohydrate : phosphotransferase systems couple sensing and global control mechanisms / Lengeler, J.W., Jahreis, K.-- Correlations between carbon metabolism and virulence in bacteria / Poncet, S. ... [et al.] -- Stand-alone response regulators controlling global virulence networks in streptococcus pyogenes / McIver, K.S. -- The heme sensor system of staphylococcus aureus / Stauff, D.L., Skaar, E.P. -- Bacterial sensing of antimicrobial peptides / Otto, M. -- RNA thermosensors in bacterial pathogens / Johansson, J. -- Prevailing concepts of c-di-GMP signaling / Römling, U., Simm, R. -- Magnetosomes and magneto-aerotaxis / Frankel, R.B., Bazylinski, D.A. -- Engineering bacterial signals and sensors / Salis, H., Tamsir, A., Voigt, C.
- Bacterial signal transduction Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Bacterial virulence factors and rho GTPases 2005, Springer
- Bacteriocins 2007, Springer
- Bacteriophages 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Bacteriophages v. 1-2, 2009, Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2009 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Isolation, characterization, and interactions -- v. 2. Molecular and applied aspects.
- Baculovirus and insect cell expression protocols. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer Protocols
- Bad medicine 2006Print MaterialHippocrates and Galen -- Ancient anatomy -- The Canon -- The Senses -- Vesalius and dissection -- Harvey and vivisection -- The Invisible world -- Counting -- Birth of the clinic -- The Laboratory -- John Snow and cholera -- Puerperal fever -- Joseph Lister and antiseptic surgery -- Alexander Fleming and penicillin -- Doll, Bradford Hill, and lung cancer -- Death deferred.
- Basic science/general medicine -- Rhinology and allergy -- General otolaryngology -- Laryngology -- Trauma -- Pediatric otolaryngology -- Head and neck surgery -- Sleep medicine -- Otology -- Facial plastic and reconstructive surgery -- Contemporary issues in medical practice.
- Evolutionary aspects of the dietary omega-6:omega-3 fatty acid ratio : medical implications / A.P. Simopoulos -- Measuring blood fatty acids as a surrogate indicator for coronary heart disease risk in population studies / B. Lands -- Fast determination of fatty acids in whole blood collected from fingertips : application to the assessment of fatty acid patterns (and various indexes) in population studies / C. Galli ... [et al.] -- Evolution and cholesterol / S. Boyd Eaton -- Dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterolemia : a healthy relationship / D.J. McNamara -- Blood cholesterol as a good marker of health in Japan / Y. Ogushi -- Cholesterol and skeletal muscle health / S.E. Riechman ... [et al.] -- Disappointing recent cholesterol-lowering drug trials : is it not time for a full reappraisal of the cholesterol theory? / M. de Lorgeril -- Cholesterol was healthy in the end / V. Ravnskov -- Progress in lipid nutrition : the Columbus concept addressing chronic diseases / F. de Meester.
- Print MaterialGeneral physics -- Internal energy, temperature and heat -- Electricity -- Atomic structure -- Electric charge and potential -- Conduction and storage of electric charges -- Current electricity -- Magnetism and electromagnetism -- Electromagnetic induction -- Alternating current -- Thermionic emission -- X-ray tubes -- Solid-state devices -- Electromagnetic radiation -- Light -- X-rays -- Interaction of X-rays and gamma rays with matter -- X-ray and gamma-ray interaction with tissues -- X-ray and gamma-ray measurements (dosimetry) -- Radioactivity and radionuclide imaging -- Radiation safety -- Ultrasound -- Magnetic resonance imaging.
- Balloon kyphoplasty 2008, Springer
- Bariatric and metabolic surgery 2014, SpringerBariatric and metabolic surgery is recognized to be an important and effective option for the treatment of severe obesity and the various associated conditions and diseases, such as type II diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular dysfunction, dyslipidemia, and obstructive sleep apnea. Despite its established value, however, there is scope for further improvement in safety and in the quality of the surgical techniques, and calls have therefore been made for the establishment of standard techniques and procedures. This book accordingly presents state of the art knowledge on bariatric and metabolic surgery with the aim of facilitating the sharing and exchange of knowledge, documenting effective techniques, and enhancing safety and outcomes. All technical aspects are covered in detail, and the text is complemented by many helpful illustrations. A further key feature is the provision of accompanying surgical videos, which will be of value to both novice and experienced surgeons. This textbook will be a great asset in clinical practice for all who are involved or interested in bariatric and metabolic surgery.
- Bariatric endoscopy 2013, SpringerTo date, diet programs and medical therapies for the treatment of obesity have had limited success. Bariatric surgery, however, provides a means of effective weight loss for many of those with morbid obesity. Most of these weight loss procedures are performed with a variety of techniques that continue to evolve. Each technique is associated with unique challenges and complications and it is important for the clinician to be knowledgeable about the endoscopic management of these patients.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Barrel cortex 2008, ebrary
- Basal ganglia IX 2009, Springer
- Basal ganglia VIII 2005, SpringerOscillations in the basal ganglia -- Cholinergic mechanisms in the striatum -- Pharmacological and receptor studies of the basal ganglia -- Disorders of basal ganglia function I: studies in animal models -- Disorders of basal ganglia function II: clinical studies -- Physiological and anatomical studies of the functional organisation of the basal ganglia.
- Basic & clinical biostatistics. 4th ed. 2004, AccessMedicine
- Basic & clinical pharmacology 2012 (12th ed.)., AccessMedicine
- Basic and applied bone biology 2014, ScienceDirectSection 1. Basic bone biology and physiology -- section 2. Assessment of bone structure and function -- section 3. Skeletal adaptation -- section 4. Hormonal and metabolic effects on bone -- section 5. Skeletal disease and treatment.
- Print Material
- Basic aspects of hearing 2013, SpringerPeripheral processing -- Mosaic evolution of the mammalian auditory periphery -- A computer model of the auditory periphery and its application to the study of hearing -- A probabilistic account of absolute auditory thresholds and its possible physiological basis -- Cochlear compression: Recent insights from behavioural experiments -- Improved psychophysical methods to estimate peripheral gain and compression -- Contralateral efferent regulation of human cochlear tuning: Behavioural observations and computer model simulations -- Modeling effects of precursor duration on behavioral estimates of cochlear gain -- Is overshoot caused by an efferent reduction in cochlear gain? -- Accurate estimation of compression in simultaneous masking enables the simulation of hearing impairment for normal-hearing listeners -- Modelling the distortion produced by cochlear compression -- Temporal fine structure and pitch -- How independent are the pitch and the interaural-time-difference mechanisms that rely on temporal fine structure information? -- On the limit of neural phase-locking to fine-structure in humans -- Effects of sensorineural hearing loss on temporal coding of harmonic and inharmonic tone complexes in the auditory nerve -- A glimpsing account of the role of temporal fine structure information in speech recognition -- Assessing the possible role of frequency-shift detectors in the ability to hear out partials in complex tones -- Pitch perception: Dissociating frequency from fundamental-frequency discrimination -- Pitch perception for sequences of impulse responses whose scaling alternates at every cycle -- Putting the tritone paradox into context: insights from neural population decoding and human psychophysics -- Enhancement and perceptual compensation -- Spectral and level effects in auditory enhancement -- Enhancement of increments in spectral amplitude: further evidence for a mechanism based on central adaptation -- Differential sensitivity to appearing and disappearing objects in complex acoustic scenes -- Perceptual compensation when isolated test words are heard in room reverberation -- A new approach to sound source identification -- Binaural processing -- Maps of ITD in the Nucleus Laminaris of the Barn Owl --The influence of the envelope waveform on binaural tuning of neurons in the inferior colliculus and its relation to binaural perception -- No evidence for ITD-specific adaptation in the frequency following response -- Interaural time difference thresholds as a function of frequency -- Interaural time processing when stimulus bandwidth differs at the two ears -- Neural correlates of the perception of sound source separation -- When and how envelope "rate-limitations" affect processing of interaural temporal disparities conveyed by high-frequency stimuli -- The sound source distance dependence of the acoustical cues to location and their encoding by neurons in the inferior colliculus: implications for the Duplex theory -- Cochlear contributions to the precedence effect -- Off-frequency BMLD: the role of monaural processing -- Measuring the apparent width of auditory sources in normal and impaired hearing -- Psychophysics of human echolocation -- Speech and temporal processing -- Formant-frequency variation and its effects on across-formant grouping in speech perception -- Do we need STRFs for cocktail parties? - On the relevance of physiologically motivated features for human speech perception derived from automatic speech recognition -- Modeling speech intelligibility in adverse conditions -- Better temporal neural coding with cochlear implants in awake animals -- Effects of auditory nerve refractoriness and adaptation on auditory perception -- Robust cortical encoding of slow temporal modulations of speech -- Wideband monaural envelope correlation perception -- Detection thresholds for amplitude modulations of tones in budgerigar (Melopsittacus undulatus) -- Phase discrimination ability in Mongolian gerbils provides evidence for possible processing mechanism of mistuning detection -- Auditory cortex and beyond -- Stimulus-specific adaptation beyond pure tones -- Mapping tonotopy in human auditory cortex -- Cortical activity associated with the perception of temporal asymmetry in ramped and damped noises -- Cortical representation of the combination of monaural and binaural unmasking -- Processing of short auditory stimuli: The Rapid Audio Sequential Presentation paradigm (RASP) -- Integration of auditory and tactile inputs in musical meter perception -- A dynamic system for the analysis of the acoustic features and valence of aversive sounds in the human brain -- Auditory scene analysis -- Can comodulation masking release occur when frequency changes would promote perceptual segregation of the on-frequency and flanking bands? -- Illusory auditory continuity despite neural evidence to the contrary -- High-acuity spatial stream segregation -- How early aging and environment interact in everyday listening: From brainstem to behaviour through modeling -- Energetic and informational masking in a simulated restaurant environment -- A computational model for the dynamic aspects of primitive auditory scene analysis -- A naturalistic approach to the cocktail party -- Temporal coherence and the streaming of complex sounds.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialIntroduction to biomechanics : basic terminology and concepts -- Biomechanics of bone -- Biomechanics of articular cartilage -- Biomechanics of tendons and ligaments -- Biomechanics of peripheral nerves and spinal nerve roots -- Biomechanics of skeletal muscle -- Biomechanics of the knee -- Biomechanics of the hip -- Biomechanics of the foot and ankle -- Biomechanics of the lumbar spine -- Biomechanics of the cervical spine -- Biomechanics of the shoulder -- Biomechanics of the elbow -- Biomechanics of the wrist and hand -- Biomechanics of fracture fixation -- Biomechanics of arthroplasty -- Biomechanics of gait.
- Basic cell culture protocols. 3rd ed. Springer ProtocolsCulture of primary adherent cells and a continuously growing nonadherent cell line / Cheryl D. Helgason -- Detection of mycoplasma contaminations / Cord C. Uphoff and Hans G. Drexler -- Eradication of mycoplasma contaminations / Cord C. Uphoff and Hans G. Drexler -- Authentication of scientific human cell lines: easy-to-use DNA fingerprinting / Wilhelm G. Dirks and Hans G. Drexler -- Cytogenetic analysis of cell lines / Roderick A.F. MacLeod and Hans G. Drexler -- Human and mouse hematopoietic colony-forming cell assays / Cindy L. Miller and Becky Lai -- Isolation and culture of murine macrophages / John Q. Davies and Siamon Gordon -- Isolation and culture of human macrophages / John Q. Davies and Siamon Gordon -- Development of T-lymphocytes in mouse fetal thymus organ culture / Tomoo Ueno ... [et al.] -- In vitro generation of lymphocytes from embryonic stem cells / Renée F. de Pooter, Sarah K. Cho and Juan Carlos Zúñiga-Pflücker --Hematopoietic development of human embryonic stem cells in culture / Xinghui Tian and Dan S. Kaufman -- Generation of murine stromal cell lines: models for the microenvironment of the embryonic mouse aorta-gonads-mesonephros region / Robert A.J. Oostendorp, Kirsty Harvey, and Elaine E. Dzierzak -- Culture of human and mouse mesenchymal cells / Emer Clarke -- Isolation, purification, and cultivation of murine and human keratinocytes / Frizell L. Vaughan and Ludmila I. Bernstam -- Isolation and culture of primary human hepatocytes / Edward L. LeCluyse ... [et al.] -- Primary kidney proximal tubule cells / Mary Taub -- Enzymatic dissociation and culture of normal human mammary tissue to detect progenitor activity / John Stingl, Joanne T. Emerman, and Connie J. Eaves -- Generation and differentiation of neurospheres from murine embryonic day 14 central nervous system tissue / Sharon A. Louis and Brent A. Reynolds -- Isolation and culture of skeletal muscle myofibers as a means to analyze satellite cells / Gabi Shefer and Zipora Yablonka-Reuveni -- Adult ventricular cardiomyocytes: isolation and culture / Klaus-Dieter Schlüter and Daniela Schreiber --Isolation and culture of primary endothelial cells / Bruno Larrivée and Aly Karsan -- Studying leukocyte rolling and adhesion in vitro under flow conditions / Susan L. Cuvelier and Kamala D. Patel -- Isolation and characterization of side population cells / Margaret A. Goodell, Shannon McKinney-Freeman, and Fernando D. Camargo -- Scalable production of embryonic stem cell-derived cells / Stephen M. Dang and Peter W. Zandstra.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialCh. 1Where to start --Ch. 2Receptor theory --Ch. 3Absorption, distribution, and clearance --Ch. 4Pharmacokinetics --Ch. 5Drug metabolism and renal elimination --Ch. 6Review of the autonomic nervous system --Ch. 7Cholinergic agonists --Ch. 8Cholinergic antagonists --Ch. 9Adrenergic agonists --Ch. 10Adrenergic antagonists --Ch. 11Antihyptertensive drugs --Ch. 12Drugs used in ischemic heart disease and congestive heart failure --Ch. 13Antiarrhythmic drugs --Ch. 14.Drugs that affect blood --Ch. 15Lipid-lowering drugs --Ch. 16Drugs used in Alzheimer's disease --Ch. 17Anxiolytic and hypnotic drugs --Ch. 18Antidepressants and lithium --Ch. 19Antipsychotics or neuroleptics --Ch. 20Drugs used in Parkinson's disease --Ch. 21Antiepileptic drugs --Ch. 22Narcotics (opiates) --Ch. 23General anesthetics --Ch. 24Local anesthetics --Ch. 25Introduction to chemotherapy --Ch. 26Inhibitors of cell wall synthesis --Ch. 26Inhibitors of cell wall synthesis --Ch. 27Protein synthesis inhibitors --Ch. 28Folate antagonists --Ch. 29Quinolones and urinary tract antiseptics --Ch. 30Drugs used in tuberculosis and leprosy --Ch. 31Antifungal drugs --Ch. 32 Anthelmintic drugs --Ch. 33Antiviral drugs --Ch. 34Antiprotozoal drugs --Ch. 35Anticancer drugs --Ch. 36Adrenocortical hormones --Ch. 37Sex steroids --Ch. 38Thyroid and parathyroid drugs --Ch. 39Insulin, glucagon, and oral hypoglycemic drugs --Ch. 40Histamine and antihistamines --Ch. 41Respiratory drugs --Ch. 42Drugs that affect the GI tract --Ch. 43Nonnarcotic analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs --Ch. 44Immunosuppressives --Ch. 45Drugs used in osteoporosis --Ch. 46Toxicology and poisoning.
- Basic concepts of molecular pathology 2009, Springer
- This seventh edition includes new chapters and maintains popular features from previous editions such as self awareness prompts while adding research boxes and student worksheets at the end of each chapter.
- Basic confocal microscopy 2011, Springer1. Introduction and Historical Perspective / Robert L. Price and W. Gray (Jay) Jerome -- 2. The Theory of Fluorescence / W. Gray (Jay) Jerome -- 3. Fluorescence Microscopy / W. Gray (Jay) Jerome and Robert L. Price -- 4. Specimen Preparation / W. Gray (Jay) Jerome, John Fuseler, and Robert L. Price -- 5. Labeling Considerations for Confocal Microscopy / Ralph M. Albrecht and Julie A. Oliver -- 6. Introduction to Digital Imaging for Confocal Microscopy / W. Gray (Jay) Jerome -- 7. Digital Image Capture for Confocal Microscopy / W. Gray (Jay) Jerome -- 8. Types of Confocal Instruments: Basic Principles and Advantages and Disadvantages / John Fuseler, W. Gray (Jay) Jerome, and Robert L. Price -- 9. Setting the Operating Parameters / Robert L. Price -- 10. 3D Reconstruction of Confocal Image Data / Thomas C. Trusk -- 11. Ethics and Resources / W. Gray (Jay) Jerome and Robert L. Price -- Glossary (Terms are Defined with Respect to Confocal Imaging).
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Basic histology 2013 (13th ed.), AccessMedicine
- Basic malaria microscopy. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2010.Print Materialv. 1. Learner's guide --v. 2. Tutor's guide.
- Print Material
- Basic methods for the biochemical lab. 1st English ed. 2006, Springer
- Basic neurochemistry. 6th ed. 1999, NCBI Bookshelf
- Print Material
- Print MaterialA brief history of science and orthopaedic biomechanics / Van C. Mow and Rik Huiskes -- Analysis of muscle and joint loads / Patrick J. Prendergast, Frans C. T. van der Helm, and Georg N. Duda -- Musculoskeletal dynamics, locomotion, and clinical applications / Thomas P. Andriacchi ... [et al.] -- Biomechanics of bone / Rik Huiskes and Bert van Rietbergen -- Structure and function of articular cartilage and meniscus / Van C. Mow, Wei Yong Gu, and Faye Hui Chen --Biomaterials / Ahmed El-Ghannam and Paul Ducheyne -- Biomechanics of the spine / Ian A. F. Stokes and James C. Iatridis -- Biomechanics of fracture fixation and fracture healing / Lutz E. Claes and Keita Ito -- Biomechanics and preclinical testing of artificial joints: the hip / Rik Huiskes and Jan Stolk -- Biomechanics of total knee replacement designs / Peter S. Walker.Physical regulation of cartilage metabolism / Farshid Guilak and Clark T. Hung -- Structure and function of ligaments and tendons / Savio L-Y. Woo ... [et al.] -- Biomechanical principles of cartilage and bone tissue engineering / Gordona Vunjak-Novakovic and Steven A. Goldstein -- Quantitative anatomy and imaging of diarthrodial joint articular layers / Gerard A. Ateshian and Felix Eckstein -- Friction, lubrication, and wear of articular cartilage and diarthrodial joints / Gerard A. Ateshian and Van C. Mow --
- Basic otorhinolaryngology 2006, Thieme BookAnatomy, physiology, and immunology of the nose, paranasal sinuses, and face / Gerhard Grevers -- Diagnostic evaluation of the nose and paranasal sinuses / Gerhard Grevers -- Diseases of the nose, paranasal sinuses, and face / Gerhard Grevers -- Lips and oral cavity / Gerhard Grevers -- Pharynx and esophagus / Gerhard Grevers -- The salivary glands / Rudolf Probst -- Anatomy and physiology of the ear / Rudolf Probst -- Audiology (hearing tests) / Rudolf Probst -- Pediatric hearing disorders, pediatric audiology / Rudolf Probst -- External ear / Rudolf Probst -- Middle ear / Rudolf probst -- Inner ear and retrocochlear disorders / Rudolf Probst -- Vestibular disorders / Rudolf Probst -- Facial nerve / Rudolf Probst -- Lateral skull base / Rudolf Probst -- External neck / Heinrich Iro, with Frank Waldfahrer -- Larynx and trachea / Heinrich Iro, with Frank Waldfahrer -- Voice disorders / Frank Rosanowski, Ulrich Eysholdt -- Speech and language disorders / Frank Rosanowski, Ulrich Eysholdt.
- Print Material
- Basic principles of external skeletal fixation using the Ilizarov and other devices. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2012, SpringerWhen it was developed, the Ilizarov device represented a revolutionary advance that made it possible to correct previously untreatable conditions through the stimulation of bone growth based on the principle of distraction osteogenesis. The device subsequently gained popularity among surgeons throughout the world since it can be used for the treatment of fractures that have failed to heal satisfactorily and for deformity correction. The technique is, however, complex and requires specialist knowledge if it is to be applied optimally.This is the second edition of a well-received book that focuses primarily on external fixation using the Ilizarov device but also considers other devices employed for the purpose. The opening chapters include discussion of biomechanical principles, use of a system of coordinates to allow safer insertion of K-wires and half pins, preoperative preparation, and principles of frame construction. External fixation of a variety of fractures in different pathologic settings is then clearly explained in a series of detailed chapters with the aid of high-quality illustrations. Numerous case reports are included to illustrate the results of different treatment methods. In addition, principles of postoperative management are described and advice is provided on correction of errors and treatment of complications. Since the first edition the text has been thoroughly updated, with inclusion of contributions from leading world experts. This volume will serve as an indispensable manual both for trainee orthopedic surgeons embarking on a steep learning curve and for more experienced surgeons requiring advice and guidance in demanding cases.
- Basic radiation oncology 2010, SpringerRadiation physics -- Radiobiology -- Clinical radiation oncology -- Central nervous system tumors -- Head and neck cancers -- Lung cancer -- Breast cancer -- Genitourinary system cancers -- Gynecological cancers -- Gastrointestinal system cancers -- Soft tissue sarcoma -- Skin cancer -- Lymphomas and total body irradiation.
- Basic radiology. 2nd ed. 2011, AccessMedicineScope of diagnostic imaging / Michael Y. M. Chen, Christopher T. Whitlow -- The physical basis of diagnostic imaging / Robert L. Dixon, Christopher T. Whitlow -- Imaging of the heart and great vessels / James G. Ravenel -- Radiology of the chest / Caroline Chiles, Shannon M. Gulla -- Radiology of the breast / Rita I. Freimanis, Joseph S. Ayoub -- Musculoskeletal imaging / Tamara Miner Haygood, Mohamed M.H. Sayyouh -- Imaging of joints / Paul L. Wasserman, Thomas L. Pope Jr -- Plain film of the abdomen / Michael Y. M. Chen -- Radiology of the urinary tract / Jud Gash, Jacob Noe -- Gastrointestinal tract / David J. Ott -- Liver, biliary tract, and pancreas / Melanie P. Caserta, Fakhra Chaudhry, Robert E. Bechtold -- Brain and its coverings / Michael E. Zapadka, Michelle S. Bradbury, Daniel W. Williams III -- Imaging of the spine / Lawrence E. Ginsberg, Nandita Guha-Thakurta.
- Basic sciences in ophthalmology 2013, SpringerWhat Is Light? -- The Interaction Between Light and Matter -- Light Sources -- Examinations with Light -- Ultrasound Diagnostics -- Further Imaging Procedures -- Interventions with Laser Light -- Some History of Chemistry -- Oxygen -- Water -- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) -- Nitric Oxide -- Redox Reactions -- DNA -- RNA -- Proteins -- Lipids -- Matter: Using Water as an Example -- If You Are Interested in More ... -- Appendix: Units and Constants.
- Basic sciences of nuclear medicine 2011, SpringerBasic physics and radiation safety in nuclear medicine -- Radiopharmacy: basics -- Technetium-99m radiopharmaceuticals -- Radiopharmaceutical quality control -- PET chemistry: an introduction -- PET chemistry: radiopharmaceuticals -- Radiation dosimetry: definitions and basic quantities -- Radiation dosimetry: formulations, models, and measurements -- Radiobiology: concepts and basic principles -- Elements of gamma camera and SPECT systems -- Positron emission tomography (PET): basic principles -- Fundamentals of image processing in nuclear medicine -- Emission tomography and image reconstruction -- Quantitative SPECT imaging -- Quantitative cardiac SPECT imaging -- Tracer kinetic modeling: basics and concepts -- Tracer kinetic modeling: methodology and applications -- Preclinical imaging.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialHow to write a researchable question -- From question to problem -- The full and final research problem -- Critical review of the literature -- Stating the purpose of the study -- Defining your terms -- The research design: blueprint for action -- Selecting the sample -- Selecting a method to answer the question -- Reliability and validity of measurement -- Ethics in nursing research -- Planning for analysis of data -- Writing the research proposal.
- Print MaterialHandling yourself -- Handling instruments -- Handling threads -- Handling ducts and cavities -- Handling blood vessels -- Handling skin -- Handling connective and soft tissues -- Handling bone and joints -- Handling dissection -- Handling bleeding -- Handling drains -- Handling infection -- Handling minimal access surgery -- Handling craft skills.
- Basic techniques in pediatric surgery 2013, SpringerPart A. Basic surgical techniques -- Part B. Head and neck -- Part C. Spine and limbs -- Part D. Thorax -- Part E. Abdomen -- Part F. Groin and genitalia -- Part G. Urology -- Part H. Perineum -- Part I. Minimally invasive surgery -- Appendix. Training in paediatric surgery -- Subject Index.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialIntroduction : the impact of viruses on our view of life -- An outline of virus replication and viral pathogenesis -- Virus disease in populations and individual animals -- Patterns of some viral diseases of humans -- Virus structure and classification -- The beginning and end of the virus replication cycle -- Host immune response to viral infection : the nature of the vertebrate immune response -- Strategies to protect against and combat viral infection -- Visualization and enumeration of virus particles -- Replicating and measuring biological activity of viruses -- Physical and chemical manipulation of the structural components of viruses -- Characterization of viral products expressed in the infected cell -- Viruses use cellular processes to express their genetic information -- Replication of positive-sense RNA viruses -- Replication strategies of RNA viruses requiring RNA-directed mRNA transcription as the first step in viral gene expression -- Replication strategies of small and medium-sized DNA viruses -- Replication of some nuclear-replicating eukaryotic DNA viruses with large genomes -- Replication of cytoplasmic DNA viruses and "large" bacteriophages -- Retroviruses : converting RNA to DNA -- HIV and related lentiviruses -- Hepadnaviruses : variations on the retrovirus theme -- The molecular genetics of viruses -- Molecular pathogenesis -- Viral bioinformatics and beyond -- Viruses and the future : problems and promises.
- Basics in dermatological laser applications 2011, KargerIntroduction. --- History of lasers in dermatology -- Physical and electronic properties of lasers. --- Laser principles / Bogdan Allemann, I., Kaufman, J. --- Laser-induced tissue reactions and dermatology / Weber, R.J., Taylor, B.R., and Engelman, D.E. --- Laser safety / Dudelzak, J., Goldberg, D.J. -- Laser applications in dermatology. --- Ablative skin resurfacing / Chwalek, J., Goldberg, D. --- Non-ablative lasers / Ciocon, D.H., Doshi, D., and Goldberg, D.J. --- Fractional photothermolysis / Bogdan Allemann, I., Kaufman, J. -- Indications for laser applications. --- Vascular lesions / Ting, P.T., Rao, J. --- Benign pigmented lesions / Bogdan Allemann, I., Goldberg, D.J. --- Tattoo removal / Adatto, M.A., Halachmi, S., and Lapidoth, M. --- Hair removal / Haedersdal, M., Haak, C.S. --- Photoaging / Grunebaum, L.D., Heffelfinger, R.N. --- Scars / Elsaie, M.L. ... [et al.] --- Acne vulgaris / Läuchli, S. --- Skin tightening / Woolery-Lloyd, H., Kammer, J.N. --- Special considerations for darker-skinned patients / Chan, H.H.L. --- At-home laser and light-based devices / Brown, A.S. -- Non-laser technologies/light-based systems. --- Intense pulsed light / Schoenewolf, N.L., Barysch, M.J., and Dummer, R. --- Light-emitting diode / Gold, M.H. --- Photodynamic therapy / Gold, M.H.
- Print MaterialHistory of anesthesia -- Scope of anesthetic practice -- Approach to learning anesthesia -- Medical informatics -- Basic pharmacologic principles -- Basic cardiopulmonary physiology -- Autonomic nervous system -- Inhaled anesthetics -- Intravenous anesthetics -- Opioids -- Local anesthetics -- Muscle relaxants -- Preoperative evaluation and medication -- Choice of anesthetic technique -- Anesthetic systems -- Airway management -- Spinal and epidural anesthesia -- Peripheral nerve blocks -- Positioning and associated risks -- Monitoring -- Acid-base balance and blood gas analysis -- Hemostasis -- Fluid therapy -- Blood therapy -- Cardiovascular disease -- Congenital heart disease -- Chronic pulmonary disease -- Renal, liver, and biliary tract disease -- Endocrine and nutritional disease -- Central nervous system disease -- Ophthalmology and otolaryngology -- Obstetrics -- Pediatrics -- Elderly patients -- Organ transplantation -- Outpatient surgery -- Procedures performed outside the operating room -- Postanesthesia care unit -- Acute postoperative pain management -- Critical care medicine -- Trauma -- Bioterrorism -- Chronic pain management -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation -- Medical direction in the operating room -- Standard for basic intraoperative monitoring -- Standards for postanesthesia care.
- Print MaterialSection I. Introduction -- 1. History of Anesthesia -- 2. Scope of Practice -- 3. Approach to Learning -- 4. Medical Informatics Section II. Pharmacology and Physiology -- 5. Basic Pharmacologic Principles -- 6. Clinical Cardiac and Pulmonary Physiology -- 7. Autonomic Nervous System -- 8. Inhaled Anesthetics -- 9. Intravenous Anesthetics -- 10. Opioids -- 11. Local Anesthetics -- 12. Neuromuscular Blocking Drugs -- Section III. Preoperative Preparation and Intraoperative Management -- 13. Preoperative Evaluation and Medication -- 14. Choice of Anesthetic Technique -- 15. Anesthesia Delivery Systems -- 16. Airway Management -- 17. Spinal and Epidural Anesthesia -- 18. Peripheral Nerve Blocks -- 19. Positioning and Associated Risks -- 20. Anesthetic Monitoring -- 21. Acid-Base Balance and Blood Gas Analysis -- 22. Hemostasis -- 23. Fluid Management -- 24. Blood Therapy -- Section IV. Special Anesthetic Considerations -- 25. Cardiovascular Disease -- 26. Congenital Heart Disease -- 27. Chronic Pulmonary Disease -- 28. Renal, Liver, and Biliary Tract Disease -- 29. Nutritional and Gastrointestinal Disease -- 30. Central Nervous System -- 31. Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology -- 32. Orthopedics -- 33. Obstetrics -- 34. Pediatrics -- 35. Elderly Patients -- 36. Organ Transplantation -- 37. Outpatient Surgery -- 38. Procedures Performed Outside the Operating Room -- Section V. Recovery Period -- 39. Postanesthesia Recovery -- 40. Acute Postoperative Pain Management -- Section VI. Consultant Anesthetic Practice -- 41. Critical Care Medicine -- 42. Trauma, Bioterrorism and Natural Disasters -- 43. Chronic Pain Management -- 44. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation -- 45. Medical Direction in the Operating Room -- 46. Awareness under Anesthesia -- 47. Quality and Patient Safety.
- Basics of musculoskeletal ultrasound 2013, SpringerIntroduction -- Understanding Accreditation and Certification in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound -- Choosing Ultrasound Equipment -- Knobology -- Tissue Scanning -- Hand and Fingers -- Wrist -- Elbow -- Shoulder -- Foot and Toes -- Ankle -- Knee -- Hip -- Groin -- Ultrasound Guidance of Injections -- Rheumatologic Findings.
- Basics of oncology 2009, Springer
- Basics of PET imaging 2005, SpringerRadioactive decay and interaction of radiation with matter -- PET scanning systems -- Data acquisition and corrections -- Image reconstruction, storage, and display -- Performance characteristics of PET scanners -- Cyclotron and production of PET radionuclides -- Synthesis of PET radiopharmaceuticals -- Regulations governing PET radiopharmaceuticals -- Reimbursement for PET procedures -- Design and cost of PET center -- Procedures for PET studies -- Appendix A: Abbreviations used in the text -- Appendix B: Terms used in the text -- Appendix C: Units and constants -- Appendix D: Estimated absorbed doses from intravenous administration of 18F-FDG and 82Rb-RbCL -- Appendix E: Evaluation of tumor uptake of 18F-FDG by PET -- Appendix F: Answers to questions.
- Basis and treatment of cardiac arrhythmias 2006, Springer
- Print MaterialOverview: physical examination and history taking -- Clinical reasoning, assessment, and recording your findings -- Interviewing and the health history -- Beginning the physical examination: general survey, vital signs, and pain -- Behavior and mental status -- The skin, hair, and nails -- The head and neck -- The thorax and lungs -- The cardiovascular system -- The breasts and axillae -- The abdomen -- The peripheral vascular system -- Male genitalia and hernias -- Female genitalia -- The anus, rectum, and prostate -- The musculoskeletal system -- The nervous system -- Assessing children: infancy through adolescence -- The pregnant woman -- The older adult.
- Bates' Guide to physical examination and history taking. 11th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialOverview: physical examination and history taking -- Clinical reasoning, assessment, and recording your findings -- Interviewing and the health history -- Beginning the physical examination: general survey, vital signs, and pain -- Behavior and mental status -- Skin, hair, and nails -- Head and neck -- Thorax and lungs -- Cardiovascular system -- Breasts and axillae -- Abdomen -- Peripheral vascular system -- Male genitalia and hernias -- Female genitalia -- Anus, rectum, and prostate -- Musculoskeletal system -- Nervous system -- Assessing children: infancy through adolescence -- Pregnant woman -- Older adult.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Bayesian adaptive methods for clinical trials 2011, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Statistical approaches for clinical trials -- Chapter 2. Basics of Bayesian inference -- Chapter 3. Phase I studies -- Chapter 4. Phase II studies -- Chapter 5. Phase III studies -- Chapter 6. Special topics.
- Bayesian analysis made simple 2012, CRCnetBASE"Although the popularity of the Bayesian approach to statistics has been growing for years, many still think of it as somewhat esoteric, not focused on practical issues, or generally too difficult to understand. Bayesian Analysis Made Simple is aimed at those who wish to apply Bayesian methods but either are not experts or do not have the time to create WinBUGS code and ancillary files for every analysis they undertake. Accessible to even those who would not routinely use Excel, this book provides a custom-made Excel GUI, immediately useful to those users who want to be able to quickly apply Bayesian methods without being distracted by computing or mathematical issues.From simple NLMs to complex GLMMs and beyond, Bayesian Analysis Made Simple describes how to use Excel for a vast range of Bayesian models in an intuitive manner accessible to the statistically savvy user. Packed with relevant case studies, this book is for any data analyst wishing to apply Bayesian methods to analyze their data, from professional statisticians to statistically aware scientists"--Provided by publisher.
- Print Material
- Bayesian biostatistics and diagnostic medicine 2007, CRCnetBASEIntroduction -- Diagnostic medicine -- Other diagnostic procedures -- Bayesian statistics -- Bayesian methods for diagnostic accuracy -- Regression and test accuracy -- Agreement -- Diagnostic imaging and clinical trials -- Other topics.
- Bayesian computation with R 2007, Springer"Bayesian Computation with R introduces Bayesian modeling by the use of computation using the R language. The early chapters present the basic tenets of Bayesian thinking by use of familiar one and two-parameter inferential problems. Bayesian computational methods such as Laplace's method, rejection sampling, and the SIR algorithm are illustrated in the context of a random effects model. The construction and implementation of Markov Chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) methods is introduced. These simulation-based algorithms are implemented for a variety of Bayesian applications such as normal and binary response regression, hierarchical modeling, order-restricted inference, and robust modeling. Algorithms written in R are used to develop Bayesian tests and assess Bayesian models by use of the posterior predictive distribution. The use of R to interface with WinBUGS, a popular MCMC computing language, is described with several illustrative examples."--Jacket.
- Bayesian disease mapping. 2nd ed. 2013, CRCnetBASEBayesian inference and modeling -- Computational issues -- Residuals and goodness-of-fit -- Disease map reconstruction and relative risk estimation -- Disease cluster detection -- Regression and ecological analysis -- Putative hazard modeling -- Multiple scale analysis -- Multivariate disease analysis -- Spatial survival and longitudinal analysis -- Spatiotemporal disease mapping -- Disease map surveillance.
- Bayesian methods for measures of agreement 2009, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Introduction to Agreement -- Chapter 2. Bayesian Methods of Agreement for Two Raters -- Chapter 3. More than Two Raters -- Chapter 4. Agreement and Correlated Observations -- Chapter 5. Modeling Patterns of Agreement -- Chapter 6. Agreement with Quantitative Scores -- Chapter 7. Sample Sizes for Agreement Studies.
- Bayesian methods in epidemiology 2014, CRCnetBASEWritten by a biostatistics expert with over 20 years of experience in the field, Bayesian Methods in Epidemiology presents statistical methods used in epidemiology from a Bayesian viewpoint. It employs the software package WinBUGS to carry out the analyses and offers the code in the text and for download online. The book examines study designs that investigate the association between exposure to risk factors and the occurrence of disease. It covers introductory adjustment techniques to compare mortality between states and regression methods to study the association between various risk factors.
- Bayesian missing data problems 2010, CRCnetBASEOptimization, Monte Carlo simulation, and numerical integration -- Exact solutions -- Discrete missing data problems -- Computing posteriors in the EM-type structures -- Constrained parameter problems -- Checking compatibility and uniqueness -- Basic statistical distributions and stochastic processes.
- Bayesian model selection and statistical modeling 2010, CRCnetBASE"Along with many practical applications, Bayesian Model Selection and Statistical Modeling presents an array of Bayesian inference and model selection procedures. It thoroughly explains the concepts, illustrates the derivations of various Bayesian model selection criteria through examples, and provides R code for implementation. The author shows how to implement a variety of Bayesian inference using R and sampling methods, such as Markov chain Monte Carlo. He covers the different types of simulation-based Bayesian model selection criteria, including the numerical calculation of Bayes factors, the Bayesian predictive information criterion, and the deviance information criterion. He also provides a theoretical basis for the analysis of these criteria. In addition, the author discusses how Bayesian model averaging can simultaneously treat both model and parameter uncertainties. Selecting and constructing the appropriate statistical model significantly affect the quality of results in decision making, forecasting, stochastic structure explorations, and other problems. Helping you choose the right Bayesian model, this book focuses on the framework for Bayesian model selection and includes practical examples of model selection criteria."--Publisher's description.
- Bayesian modeling in bioinformatics 2011, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. Estimation and Testing in Time-Course Microarray Experiments -- Chapter 2. Classification for Differential Gene Expression Using Bayesian Hierarchical Models -- Chapter 3. Applications of MOSS for Discrete Multi-Way Data -- Chapter 4. Nonparametric Bayesian Bioinformatics -- Chapter 5. Measurement Error and Survival Model for cDNA Microarrays -- Chapter 6. Bayesian Robust Inference for Differential Gene Expression -- Chapter 7. Bayesian Hidden Markov Modeling of Array CGH Data -- Chapter 8. Bayesian Approaches to Phylogenetic Analysis -- Chapter 9. Gene Selection for the Identification of Biomarkers in High-Throughput Data -- Chapter 10. Sparsity Priors for Protein - Protein Interaction Predictions -- Chapter 11. Learning Bayesian Networks for Gene Expression Data -- Chapter 12. In-Vitro to In-Vivo Factor Profiling in Expression Genomics -- Chapter 13. In-Vitro to In-Vivo Factor Profiling in Expression Genomics Machines -- Chapter 14. A Bayesian Mixture Model for Protein Biomarker Discovery -- Chapter 15. Bayesian Methods for Detecting Differentially Expressed Genes -- Chapter 16. Bayes and Empirical Bayes Methods for Spotted Microarray Data Analysis -- Chapter 17. Bayesian Classification Method for QTL Mapping.
- Bayesian statistics and its applications SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- BCL-2 protein family 2010, SpringerHomeostatic functions of BCL-2 proteins beyond apoptosis / Nika N. Danial, Alfredo Gimenez-Cassina, and Daniel Tondera -- Alternative functions of the BCL-2 protein family at the endoplasmic reticulum / Diego Rojas-Rivera ... [et al.] -- BH3-only proteins and their effects on cancer / Thanh-Trang Vo and Anthony Letai -- Endoplasmic reticulum stress and BCL-2 family members / Ross T. Weston and Hamsa Puthalakath -- Targeting survival pathways in lymphoma / Luca Paoluzzi and Owen A. O'Connor -- The interplay between BCL-2 family proteins and mitochondrial morphology in the regulation of apoptosis / Maria Eugenia Soriano and Luca Scorrano -- Noncanonical functions of BCL-2 proteins in the nervous system / Heather M. Lamb and J. Marie Hardwick -- Mitochondria on guard : role of mitochondrial fusion and fission in the regulation of apoptosis / Mariusz Karbowski.
- Beadchip molecular immunohematology 2011, Springer
- Print Material
- Beatrice Edgell 2006Print MaterialUniversity life -- Teaching -- Setting up the laboratory -- Edgell's theoretical and empirical research -- Professional activities -- Pioneer women scientists in context -- Enabling factors, strategies and support networks contributing to Edgell's success.
- Beautiful evidence 2006Print MaterialMapped pictures: images as evidence and explanation -- Sparklines: intense, simple, word-sized graphics -- Links and causal arrows: ambiguity in action -- Words, numbers, images - together -- The Fundamental principles of analytical design -- Corruption in evidence presentations: effects without causes, cherry picking, overreaching, chartjunk, and the rage to conclude -- The Cognitive style of PowerPoint: pitching out corrupts within -- Sculptural pedestals: meaning, practice, depedestalization -- Landscape sculptures.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialIntroduction and classification of the glaucomas -- Aqueous humor formation -- Aqueous humor outflow system overview -- Intraocular pressure -- Gonioscopic anatomy -- Methods of gonioscopy -- Clinical interpretation of gonioscopic findings -- Visual field thoery and methods -- Techniques and variables in visual field testing -- Visual field interpretation -- Other psychophysical tests -- Optic nerve anatomy and pathophysiology -- Clinical evaluation of the optic nerve head -- Optic nerve imaging -- Primary angle closure glaucoma -- Secondary angle closure glaucoma -- Primary open angle glaucoma -- Secondary open angle glaucoma -- Developmental and childhood glaucoma -- Genetics of glaucoma -- Introduction to patient management -- Medical treatment of glaucoma: general principles -- Prostaglandins -- The adrenergic system and adrenergic agonists -- Adrenergic antagonists -- Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors -- Cholinergic drugs -- Hyperosmotic agents -- General aspects of laser therapy -- Laser treatment for internal flow block -- Laser treatment for outflow obstruction -- Miscellaneous laser procedures including laser ciliary body therapy -- General surgical care -- Glaucoma outflow procedures -- Surgical management of cataract and glaucoma -- Complications and failure of filtering surgery -- Pediatric and miscellaneous procedures -- New ideas in glaucoma surgery -- Challenges for the new century.
- Becoming a consummate clinician 2012, Wiley"The Consummate Clinician offers hospital-based physicians an organizing framework for coping with daily challenges both in patient care and in teaching. The book describes in a highly formatted, easily accessible way exactly how physicians and physicians-in-training can think critically and act decisively in this age of medical information overload. Special emphasis is on (1) error avoidance and reduction - a topic that has long been championed by hospitalists, (2) efficient practice management for best patient outcomes and improved cost control, (3) the use of evidence-based medicine, and (4) improving communication among and between physicians and other staff in the hospital setting. Using real-world clinical examples and scenarios, the book focuses on essential topics, many of which tend to fall between the cracks of print and electronic resources. Pearls and pitfalls of gathering, processing, and communicating medical information are presented, but more than these, this book is meant as a kind of clinical GPS--a way of helping hospital-based physicians find their clinical coordinates and keep their bearings in the face of new challenges and uncertainties. In addition to the clinical scenarios featured throughout, additional mini-cases are collected at the end of the book. The over-arching goal of this new resource is to enrich the way hospital-based physicians think about diagnosis, therapy, and prognosis, especially at the warp-speed of "ward world," which increasingly lurches between the frazzled and the frantic"--Provided by publisher.
- Becoming Dr. Q 2011Print MaterialTells the life story of Alfredo Quiñones-Hinojosa from impoverished childhood in a tiny village in Mexico to illegal immigrant, American citizen, student at the University of California, on to Harvard Medical School, and becoming an internationally renowned neurosurgeon.
- Bedside manner 2010Print Material
- Bedside procedures for the intensivist 2010, Springer
- Bedside procedures in the ICU 2012, Springer1. Sedation and Analgesia / Christiana C. Burt and Jurgens Nortje -- 2. Airway Management and Intubation / Monica Trivedi -- 3. Bronchoscopy / Karthik Santhanakrishnan and Jasvir Singh Parmar -- 4. Percutaneous Dilatational Tracheostomy / Robert Martynoga and Chris Danbury -- 5. Arterial and Venous Catheter Insertion / Stephen Webb and Gordon Mijovski -- 6. Advanced Non-Invasive Hemodynamic Monitoring / Elizabeth E. Turner and Andrew J. Patterson -- 7. Temporary Cardiac Pacing / Annette van de Sandt and Marc W. Merx -- 8. DC Cardioversion / Annette Vegas and Jane Heggie -- 9. Pericardiocentesis / Adnan Sadiq and Michael Wall -- 10. Intercostal Chest Drain Insertion / Sukumaran Nair and Florian Falter -- 11. Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy Tube Placement / Babak Sarani -- 12. Gastroesophageal Balloon Tube Tamponade / Ali Al-Khafaji, Su Min Cho, and Rebecca A. Gooch -- 13. Suprapubic Catheterization / Ben E. Hughes and Oliver Wiseman -- 14. Acute Compartment Syndrome / Lee van Rensburg -- 15. Abdominal Compartment Syndrome / Daniel D. Yeh and Stefan G. Simon -- 16. Ultrasound Guided Procedures / Sarojini David and Nicholas Screaton -- 17. Renal Replacement Therapy / Adrian James Varley -- 18. Lumbar Puncture / Sebastian Schulz-Stüebner -- 19. External Ventricular Drain Insertion / Marcus H.T. Reinges -- 20. Intracranial Pressure Measurement / Jessie Welbourne and Basil Matta.
- Before bioethics 2013, OSOBefore Bioethics narrates the history of American medical ethics from its colonial origins to current bioethical controversies over abortion, AIDS, animal rights, and physician-assisted suicide. This comprehensive history tracks the evolution of American medical ethics over four centuries, from colonial midwives and physicians' oaths to medical society codes, through the bioethics revolution. Applying the concept of "morally disruptive technologies," it analyzes the impact of the stethoscope on conceptions of fetal life and the criminalization of abortion, and the impact of the ventilator on our conception of death and the treatment of the dying. The narrative offers tales of those whose lives were affected by the medical ethics of their era: unwed mothers executed by puritans because midwives found them with stillborn babies; the unlikely trio-an Irishman, a Sephardic Jew and in-the-closet gay public health reformer-who drafted the American Medical Association's code of ethics but received no credit for their achievement, and the founder of American gynecology celebrated during his own era but condemned today because he perfected his surgical procedures on un-anesthetized African American slave women. The book concludes by exploring the reasons underlying American society's empowerment of a hodgepodge of ex-theologians, humanist clinicians and researchers, lawyers and philosophers-the bioethicists-as authorities able to address research ethics scandals and the ethical problems generated by morally disruptive technologies.
- Beginners guide to Mathematica 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Beginning MySQL 2005, ebrary
- Beginning programming for dummies. 4th ed. 2007, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.This book will teach you enough about programming to help you understand how programming works and how you can get started writing programs all by yourself.
- Beginning Python 2005, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.This in-depth text will help you quickly learn how to use Python for rapid development of applications for the Web, scientific applications, bioinformatics, and applications for system tasks.
- Beginning SQL 2005, ebrary
- Behavioral approaches to chronic disease in adolescence 2009, SpringerBasic issues -- Introduction: adolescents with chronic illnesses: issues and answers -- Introduction to adolescent development -- Unique considerations when treating adolescents with chronic illness -- Adolescent physiology -- Family influence on adolescent treatment outcomes -- Ethics and the teen patients -- Overextending the overextended: burnout potential in health-care professionals, psychologists, patients, and family members -- Integrated care practice guidelines -- Type 1 diabetes mellitus -- Type 2 diabetes in youth -- Integrated care practice guidelines for adolescents with asthma -- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis -- Epilepsy -- Migraines/chronic headaches -- Assessment and management of chronic and recurrent pain in adolescents -- Adolescent depression -- Cancer -- Cystic fibrosis in adolescents -- Chronic and end-stage renal disease -- Sickle cell disease -- Inflammatory bowel disease -- Chronic fatigue syndrome -- Adolescents living with HIV/AIDS -- Health-related quality of life instruments for adolescents with chronic diseases.
- Behavioral consequences of stroke 2014, SpringerA comprehensive, state-of-the-art contribution to a field that is rapidly developing, The Behavioral Consequences of Stroke provides a broad overview of the cognitive and neurobehavioral effects of stroke. As attention to paralysis and the more obvious physical disabilities stroke patients incur expands, greater attention is being paid today to the cognitive and neurobehavioral complications that impact stroke morbidity and even functional neurological recovery in patients. Written by an international panel of experts and edited by a neurosurgeon and by a cognitive neuroscientist, this unique title addresses the full range of issues relevant to the field, including epidemiology, general treatment, sensorimotor control after stroke, post-stroke aphasia, memory loss after stroke, post-stroke depression, the role of imaging after a stroke, and an update on some stroke clinical trials, to name just some of the areas covered. Illuminative and an influential addition to the literature, The Behavioral Consequences of Stroke will serve as an invaluable resource for neurologists, neurosurgeons, physiatrists and other physicians, as well as physical, speech and occupational therapists, nurses, psychologists, and other professionals.
- Behavioral consultation and primary care 2007, Springer
- Behavioral flexibility in primates 2005, Springer
- Behavioral health disability 2011, Springer1. A Critique of the Behavioral Health Disability System / Pamela A. Warren -- 2. Prevalence of Behavioral Health Concerns and Systemic Issues in Disability Treatment and Management / Pamela A. Warren -- 3. Effective Psychological Evaluation and Management of Behavioral Health Concerns / Pamela A. Warren -- 4. Assessment of Psychosocial Contributions to Disability / Daniel Bruns and Pamela A. Warren -- 5. Psychiatric Issues in Behavioral Health Disability / Bettina B. Kilburn -- 6. The Occupational Medicine Perspective on Behavioral Health Concerns / James B. Talmage -- 7. Physical Therapy Treatment and the Impact of Behavioral Health Concerns / Jill S. Galper -- 8. Vocational Rehabilitation Considerations for Mental Health Impairments in the Workplace / Joseph Cannelongo and Kristina Petro -- 9. Case Management and Behavioral Health Disability / J. David Hubbard, Pamela A. Warren, and Robert M. Aurbach -- 10. Behavioral Health and Disability Insurance: A Perspective / Kenneth Mitchell -- 11. The Legal System and Behavioral Health / Robert M. Aurbach.
- Behavioral health response to disasters 2012, CRCnetBASE"Behavioral Health Response to Disasters Disaster behavioral health has come a long way in a short amount of time. The book you hold in your hands (or perhaps view on your Kindle e-reader) encompasses an array of topics almost unimaginable even 25 years ago. It covers the roles and responsibilities of government and nongovernmental organizations and the integration of behavioral health into public health preparedness and response. There are separate chapters on children, adolescents, older adults, and racially and ethnically diverse populations. Other chapters address secondary trauma in disaster workers and assessing local disaster vulnerability. The list goes on, including dealing with school systems, long-term care, behavioral health in shelters, treatment for disaster survivors, disaster substance abuse services, culturally competent case management, response team training, and building community resilience. A simple perusal of the table of contents serves as an illustration of the way that attention to disaster behavioral health has grown exponentially in research, policy, and practice communities. It was not always so. When I began graduate training in the mid 1980s, to my knowledge disaster mental health was not part of any graduate school curriculum. A small subset of clinical psychologists and other mental health professionals had some training in crisis mental health, but it was optional, and it carried a different and much more specifi c meaning. Crisis mental health in those days typically meant: (1) working with people who were in acute crisis, (2) working with victims of extreme circumstances using models derived from the military and trauma research, and/or (3) community crisis intervention"--Provided by publisher.
- History of behavioral interventions in STD control /Laura J. McGough and H. Hunter Handsfield --Behavioral interventions for STDs : theoretical models and intervention methods /Janet S. St. Lawrence and J. Dennis Fortenberry --Biomedical interventions /Stuart Berman and Mary L. Kamb --Dyadic, small group, and community-level behavioral interventions for STD/HIV prevention /Donna Hubbard McCree, Agatha Eke, and Samantha P. Wiliams --Structural interventions /Frederick R. Bloom and Deborah A. Cohen --STD prevention communication : using social marketing techniques with an eye on behavioral change /Miriam Y. Vega and Khalil G. Ghanem --Partner notification and management interventions /Matthew Hogben, Devon D. Brewer and Matthew R. Golden --Interventions in sexual health care-seeking and provision at multiple levels of the U.S. health care system /Matthew Hogben and Lydia A. Shrier --Use of the internet in STD/HIV prevention /Mary McFarlane and Sheana S. Bull --Male condoms /Lee Warner and Katherine M. Stone --STI vaccines : status of development, potential impact, and important factors for implementation /Nicole Liddon, Gregory D. Zimet, and Lawrence R. Stanberry --Behavioral interventions for prevention and control of STDs among adolescents /Kathleen A. Ethier and Donald P. Orr --Biological and behavioral risk factors associated with STDs/HIV in women : implications for behavioral interventions /Donna Hubbard McCree and Anne M. Rompalo --STD prevention with men who have sex with men in the United States /Kevin A. Fenton and Frederick R. Bloom --STD repeaters : implications for the individual and STD transmission in a population /Jami S. Leichliter, Jonathan M. Ellen and Robert A. Gunn --Looking inside and affecting the outside : corrections-based interventions for STD prevention /Saimantha P. Williams and Richard H. Kahn --STDs among illicit drug users in the United States : the need for interventions /Salaam Semaan, Don C. Des Jarlais, and Robert M. Malow --Quantitative measurement /Mary McFarlane and Janet S. St. Lawrence --Qualitative methods /Pamina M. Gorbach and Jerome Galea --From data to action : integrating program evaluation and program improvement /Thomas J. Chapel and Kim Seechuk --Cost-effectiveness analysis /Thomas L. Gift and Jeanne Marrazzo --From best practices to better practice : adopting model behavioral interventions in the real world of STD/HIV prevention /Cornelis A. Rietmeijer and Alice A. Gandelman --The ethics of public health practice for the prevention and control of STDs /Salaam Semaan and Mary Leinhos --Policy and behavioral interventions for STDs /Jonathan M. Zenilman.
- Behavioral medicine. 3rd ed. 2008, AccessMedicine
- Behavioral neurobiology of aging 2012, Springer
- Behavioral neurobiology of alcohol addiction 2013, SpringerPart I. Mechanistic Aspects Underlying Alcoholism -- Theoretical Frameworks and Mechanistic Aspects of Alcohol Addiction: Alcohol Addiction as a Reward Deficit Disorder / George F. Koob -- Synaptic Effects Induced by Alcohol / David M. Lovinger and Marisa Roberto -- Signaling Pathways Mediating Alcohol Effects / Dorit Ron and Robert O. Messing -- Neurocircuitry Involved in the Development of Alcohol Addiction: The Dopamine System and its Access Points / Bo Söderpalm and Mia Ericson -- What is in that Drink: The Biological Actions of Ethanol, Acetaldehyde, and Salsolinol / Gerald A. Deehan Jr., Mark S. Brodie and Zachary A. Rodd -- Part II. Genetics -- Modeling the Diagnostic Criteria for Alcohol Dependence with Genetic Animal Models / John C. Crabbe, Kenneth S. Kendler and Robert J. Hitzemann -- Non-Human Primate Models of Alcohol-Related Phenotypes: The Influence of Genetic and Environmental Factors / Christina S. Barr -- Genetically Selected Alcohol Preferring Rats to Model Human -- Alcoholism / Roberto Ciccocioppo -- Advanced Transgenic Approaches to Understand Alcohol-Related Phenotypes in Animals / Ainhoa Bilbao -- Part III. Clinical Phenotypes and Preclinical Models Thereof Modeling Alcohol Self-Administration in the Human Laboratory / Ulrich S. Zimmermann, Sean O'Connor and Vijay A. Ramchandani -- Animal Models of Excessive Alcohol Consumption in Rodents / Howard C. Becker -- Modeling Relapse Situations in the Human Laboratory / Rajita Sinha -- Modeling Relapse in Animals / Rémi Martin-Fardon and Friedbert Weiss -- Invertebrate Models of Alcoholism / Henrike Scholz and Julie A. Mustard -- Part IV. Novel Insights from Brain Imaging The Dopamine System in Mediating Alcohol Effects in Humans / K. Charlet, A. Beck and A. Heinz -- Stimulant and Sedative Effects of Alcohol / Reuben A. Hendler, Vijay A. Ramchandani, Jodi Gilman and Daniel W. Hommer -- Chronic Alcohol Consumption, Abstinence and Relapse: Brain Proton Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Studies in Animals and Humans / Dieter J. Meyerhoff, Timothy C. Durazzo and Gabriele Ende -- Part V. Translational Aspects and Medication Development -- Translational Approaches to Medication Development / Selena Bartlett and Markus Heilig -- New Pharmacological Treatment Strategies for Relapse Prevention / Rainer Spanagel and Valentina Vengeliene -- The Challenge of Studying Parallel Behaviors in Humans and Animal Models / David N. Stephens, Hans S. Crombag and Theodora Duka -- A Translational Approach to Novel Medication Development for Protracted Abstinence / Barbara J. Mason and Amanda E. Higley -- New Approaches to Addiction Treatment Based on Learning and Memory / Falk Kiefer and Christina Dinter -- Adolescent Substance Misuse: Neurobiology and Evidence-Based Interventions / Nicola C. Newton, Maeve O'Leary-Barrett and Patricia J. Conrod -- Deep Brain Stimulation as a Therapy for Alcohol Addiction / Thomas F. Münte, Hans-Jochen Heinze and Veerle Visser-Vandewalle.
- Behavioral neurobiology of anxiety and its treatment 2010, Springer
- Behavioral neurobiology of depression and its treatment 2013, SpringerThe book highlights important new research using current state-of-the-art approaches by prominent researchers in the field of depression. A broad range of topics is covered, beginning with a description of the phenotypic features of clinical depression, followed by chapters on the cellular and molecular basis, functional neuroimaging correlates and information-processing accounts. Finally, existing and novel treatment approaches are covered. In this way the volume brings together the key disciplines involved in the neurobiological understanding of depression to provide an update of the field and outlook to the future. Together, the volume chapters provide focused and critical reviews that span a broad range of topics suitable for both students and established investigators interested in the present state of depression research.
- Behavioral neurobiology of eating disorders 2011, SpringerCognition and emotions in eating disorders --Personality and tempermentLisa Rachelle Riso Lilenfeld --Cognitions and emotions in eating disorders /Nicolette Siep, Anita Jansen, Remco Havermans, and Anne Roefs --Neural circuits, neurotransmitters, and behavior --Neurocircuitry of eating disorders /Walter H. Kaye, Angela Wagner, Julie L. Fudge, and Martin Paulus --Serotonin: imaging findings in eating disorders /Ursula F. Bailer and Walter H. Kaye --Dopamine-based reward circuitry responsivity, genetics and overeating /Eric Stice, Sonja Yokum, David Zald, and Alain Dagher --Reward and neurocomputational processes /Guido K. W. Frank --Cognitive-behavioral flexibility in anorexia nervosa /Hans-Christoph Friederich and Wolfgang Herzog --Neural circuits, neurotransmitters and behavior /Howard Steiger, Kenneth R. Bruce, and Patricia Groleau --Genetics, gender and heritability --The heritability of eating disorders: methods and current findings /Laura M. Thornton, Suzanne E. Mazzeo, and Cynthia M. Bulik --The genetics of eating disorders /Sietske G. Helder and David A Collier --The influence of gender and puberty on the heritablility of disordered eating symptons /Kristen M. Culbert, Sarah E. Racine, and Kelly L. Klump --Neuroendocrinology and animal research --New frontiers in endocrinology of eating disorders /Palmiero Monteleone --Animal models of eating disorder traits /Martien J. H. Kas and Roger A. H. Dan --Neurobiology driving hyperactivity in activity-based anorexia /R. A. H. Adan, J. J. G. Hillebrand, U. N. Dammer, S. Cardona Cano, M. J. H. Kas, and L. A. W. Verhagen --Translational approach to treatment --Translating experimental neuroscience into treatment of eating disorders: two examples /Ulrike Schmidt, Anna Oldershaw, and Annemarie van Elburg --Cognitive remediation therapy for eating disorders; development, refinement and future directions /Kate Tchanturia and James Lock --Incorporating dispositional traits into the treatment of anorexia nervosa /Nancy L. Zucker, David Herzog, Ashley Moskovich, Rhonda Merwin, and Tammy Lin.
- Behavioral neurobiology of schizophrenia and its treatment 2010, SpringerFront Matter -- Diagnosis and Revision of the Classification Systems / Assen Jablensky -- Pathophysiology of Schizophrenia / Peter Falkai, Andrea Schmitt, Tyrone D Cannon -- Neurocognition, Social Cognition and Functional Outcome in Schizophrenia / William P Horan, Philippe-Olivier Harvey, Robert S Kern, Michael F Green -- The Genetics of Schizophrenia / James T R Walters, Michael O'Donovan, Michael J Owen, Wolfgang Gaebel -- Early Recognition and Prevention of Schizophrenia / Patrick D McGorry, Sherilyn Goldstone -- Pharmacological Treatment / Jonathan E Sherin, Stephen R Marder -- Cognitive-Behavioural Interventions / Suzanne Jolley, Philippa Garety -- Management, Rehabilitation, Stigma / Wulf R̲ssler -- Index.
- Behavioral neurobiology of the endocannabinoid system 2009, Springer
- Behavioral neurogenetics 2012, Springer
- Behavioral neurology of movement disorders. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialThe role of the basal ganglia -- Parkinson's disease -- Other akinetic rigid syndromes -- Huntington's disease -- Gilles de la Tourette's syndrome -- Wilson's Disease -- Ataxis, essential tremor, and dystonia -- Other movement disorders associated with behavioral changes -- Psychogenic movement disorders.
- Behavioral neurology of white matter. 2nd ed. 2012, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialThe neurological background -- White matter structure and function -- Neuroimaging -- Development and aging -- Genetic disorders -- Demyelinative diseases -- Infectious diseases -- Inflammatory diseases -- Toxic leukoencephalopathy -- Metabolic disorders -- Vascular diseases -- Traumatic disorders -- Neoplasms -- Hydrocephalus -- Cognitive dysfunction and dementia -- White matter and neurodegenerative disease -- Focal neurobehavioral syndromes -- Neuropsychiatric dysfunction -- Neurologic aspects -- The behavioral neurology of white matter.
- Behavioral neuroscience of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and its treatment 2012, SpringerADHD in children and adults: diagnosis and prognosis / Renata Kieling and Luis A. Rohde -- ADHD: volumetry, motor, and oculomotor functions / E. Mark Mahone -- Neurodevelopmental abnormalities in ADHD / Chandan J. Vaidya -- Intraindividual variability in ADHD and its implications for research of causal links / Jonna Kuntsi and Christoph Klein -- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical axis function in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder / Graeme Fairchild -- Brain processes in discounting : consequences of adolescent methylphenidate exposure / Walter Adriani, Francesca Zoratto, and Giovanni Laviola -- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and substance use disorders / Oscar G. Bukstein -- Linking ADHD, impulsivity, and drug abuse : a neuropsychological perspective / Gonzalo P. Urcelay and Jeffrey W. Dalley -- Obesity and ADHD : clinical and neurobiological implications / Samuele Cortese and Brenda Vincenzi -- Face processing in attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder / Daniel P. Dickstein and F. Xavier Castellanos -- Quantitative and molecular genetics of ADHD / Philip Asherson and Hugh Gurling -- Rodent models of ADHD / Xueliang Fan, Kristy J. Bruno, and Ellen J. Hess -- Rat models of ADHD / Terje Sagvolden and Espen Borgå Johansen -- Epigenetics: genetics versus life experiences / Josephine Elia ... [et al.] -- Sexual differentiation of the brain and ADHD: what is a sex difference in prevalence telling us? / Jaylyn Waddell and Margaret M. McCarthy -- ADHD : current and future therapeutics / David J. Heal, Sharon L. Smith, and Robert L. Findling -- Four causes of ADHD: a framework / Peter R. Killeen, Rosemary Tannock, and Terje Sagvolden.
- Behavioral neuroscience of drug addiction 2010, Springer
- Behavioral science in medicine 2004, OvidThe life cycle -- The biological bases of behavior -- The psychological bases of behavior -- Psychopathology -- Social behavior -- The doctor-patient relationship -- Health care delivery.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Behavioral sport psychology 2011, Springer1. Overview of behavioral sport psychology / Garry L. Martin and Kendra Thomson -- 2. Actigraphy : the ambulatory measurement of physical activity / Warren W. Tryon -- 3. Quantitative analysis of sports / Derek D. Reed -- 4. Single-case evaluation of behavioral coaching interventions / James K. Luiselli -- 5. Cognitive assessment in behavioral sport psychology / Bradley Donohue, Yani L. Dickens, and Philip D. Del Vecchio III -- 6. Goal setting and performance feedback / Phillip Ward -- 7. Cognitive-behavioral strategies / Jeffrey L. Brown -- 8. Establishing and maintaining physical exercise / Christopher C. Cushing and Ric G. Steele -- 9. Behavioral momentum in sports / Henry S. Roane -- 10. Developing fluent, efficient, and automatic repertoires of athletic performance / Brian K. Martens and Scott R. Collier -- 11. Sport neuropsychology and cerebral concussion / Frank M. Webbe -- 12. Aggression in competitive sports: using direct observation to evaluate incidence and prevention focused intervention / Chris J. Gee -- 13. Behavioral effects of sport nutritional supplements : fact or fiction? / Stephen Ray Flora -- 14. Cognitive-behavioral coach training: a translational approach to theory, research, and intervention / Ronald E. Smith and Frank L. Smoll -- 15. Conclusions and recommendations: toward a comprehensive framework of evidenced-based practice with performers / Gershon Tenenbaum and Lael Gershgoren.
- Behçet's syndrome 2010, SpringerIntroduction: dedicated Mondays and an acquaintance-based view of Behçet's syndrome -- History and diagnosis -- Epidemiology of Behçet's syndrome and regional differences in disease expression -- The mucocutaneous manifestations of pathergy reaction in Behçet's disease -- Eye disease in Behçet's syndrome -- Behçet's syndrome and the nervous system -- Vascular disease in Behçet's syndrome -- Endothelial dysfunction and atherosclerosis in Behçet's syndrome -- Locomotor system disease in Behçet's syndrome -- Behçet's disease: gastrointestinal involvement -- Miscellaneous manifestations of Behçet's disease -- Juvenile Behçet's syndrome -- Behçet's disease: pathology -- Disease mechanisms -- Genetics of Behçet's disease -- Animal models of Behçet's disease -- Prognosis in Behçet's syndrome -- Disease assessment in Behçet's disease -- Medical management of Behçet's syndrome.
- Behind closed doors SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialIRBs in action -- Everyone's an expert? Warrants for expertise -- Local precedents -- Documents and deliberations: an anticipatory perspective -- Setting IRBs in motion in Cold War America -- An ethics of place -- The many forms of consent -- Deflecting responsibility -- Conclusion: the making of ethical research.
- Behind the pictures 2011Print Material
- Benders' Dictionary of nutrition and food technology. 8th ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Benign and pathological chromosomal imbalances 2014, ScienceDirectBenign & Pathological Chromosomal Imbalances systematically clarifies the disease implications of cytogenetically visible copy number variants (CG-CNV) using cytogenetic assessment of heterochromatic or euchromatic DNA variants. While variants of several megabasepair can be present in the human genome without clinical consequence, visually distinguishing these benign areas from disease implications does not always occur to practitioners accustomed to costly molecular profiling methods such as FISH, aCGH, and NGS. As technology-driven approaches like FISH and aCGH have yet to achieve the promise of universal coverage or cost efficacy to sample investigated, deep chromosome analysis and molecular cytogenetics remains relevant for technology translation, study design, and therapeutic assessment. Knowledge of the rare but recurrent rearrangements unfamiliar to practitioners saves time and money for molecular cytogeneticists and genetics counselors, helping to distinguish benign from harmful CG-CNV. It also supports them in deciding which molecular cytogenetics tools to deploy. Shows how to define the inheritance and formation of cytogenetically visible copy number variations using cytogenetic and molecular approaches for genetic diagnostics, patient counseling, and treatment plan development. Uniquely classifies all known variants by chromosomal origin, saving time and money for researchers in reviewing benign and pathologic variants before costly molecular methods are used to investigate. Side-by-side comparison of copy number variants with their recently identified submicroscopic form, aiding technology assessment using aCGH and other techniques.
- Benign anorectal diseases 2006, Springer
- Print Material
- Benign breast diseases. Second edition. 2014, Springer
- Print Material
- Epidemiology of healthcare-associated infections -- The healthcare epidemiologist -- Hand hygiene -- Personnel health services -- The development of infection surveillance and control programs -- Surveillance of healthcare-associated infections -- Investigating endemic and epidemic healthcare-associated infections -- Epidemiological methods for investigating infections in the healthcare setting -- Use of computerized systems in healthcare epidemiology -- The role of the laboratory in control of healthcare-associated infections -- The practice of epidemiology in community hospitals -- The role of professional and regulatory organizations in infection control -- Antimicrobial stewardship: programmatic efforts to optimize antimicrobial use -- Multiply drug-resistant pathogens: epidemiology and control -- Molecular biology of resistance -- Economic evaluation of healthcare-associated infections and infection control interventions -- Legal aspects of healthcare-associated infections -- Infection control: a global view -- The inanimate environment -- Sterilization and disinfection -- Foodborne disease prevention in healthcare facilities -- Clinical laboratory-acquired infections -- Dialysis-associated complications and their control -- The intensive care unit: part A. HAI epidemiology, risk factors, surveillance, engineering and administrative infection control practices, and impact -- The intensive care unit: part B. antibiotic resistance and prevention of CVC-BSIs, catheter-associated urinary tract infections and C. difficile -- The newborn nursery and the neonatal intensive care unit -- The operating room -- Ambulatory care setting -- Infections in long-term care facilities -- Incidence and nature of endemic and epidemic healthcare-associated infections -- Urinary tract infections -- Hospital-acquired pneumonia -- Tuberculosis -- Infectious gastroenteritis -- Central nervous system infections -- Surgical site infections -- Infections of burn wounds -- Infections due to infusion therapy -- Infections of implantable cardiac and vascular devices -- Infections in skeletal prostheses -- The importance of infection control in controlling antimicrobial-resistant pathogens -- Healthcare-associated respiratory viral infections -- Blood borne pathogen prevention -- Healthcare-associated fungal infections -- Infection in transplant recipients -- Miscellaneous procedure-related infections -- Public reporting of healthcare-associated infection rates -- Patient safety.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print MaterialGeneral principles : biology and genetics / G. Larry Maxwell, Anil Sood -- Biologic, targeted, and immune therapies / Oliver Dorigo, Otoniel Martínez-Maza -- Chemotherapy / Maurie Markham -- Radiation therapy / Patricia J. Eifel -- Pathology / Christina S. Kong, Teri A. Longacre, Michael R. Hendrickson -- Epidemiology and biostatistics / Daniel W. Cramer -- Tumor markers and screening / Ranjit Manchanda, Ian Jacobs, Usha Menon -- Disease sites : preinvasive disease / Michael J. Campion -- Cervical cancer / Neville F. Hacker, Michael L. Friedlander -- Uterine cancer / Neville F. Hacker, Michael Friedlander -- Epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, and peritoneal cancer / Jonathan S. Berek, Michael Friedlander, Neville F. Hacker -- Germ cell and other nonepithelial ovarian cancer / Jonathan S. Berek, Michael Friedlander, Neville F. Hacker -- Vulvar cancer / Neville F. Hacker --Vaginal cancer / Neville F. Hacker -- Gestational trophoblastic neoplasia / Ross S. Berkowitz, Donald P. Goldstein -- Breast disease / Laura Kruper, Armando E. Giuliano -- Cancer and pregnancy / Amreen Husain, Maurice Druzin -- Medical and preoperative evaluation, medical management, surgical topics, and critical care / M. Iain Smith ... [et al.] -- Nutritional therapy / Carlos Brun, Norman Rizk -- Surgical techniques / Jonathan S. Berek, Margrit Juretzka -- Laparoscopy and robotics / Margrit Juretzka, Kenneth D. Hatch -- Pelvic exenteration / Kenneth D. Hatch, Jonathan S. Berek -- Quality of life communication skills / Robert Buckman, Walter F. Baile -- Symptom relief and palliative care / Jennifer A.M. Philip, J. Norelle Lickiss -- Psychological issues / Anna O. Levin, Kristen M. Carpenter.
- Berek & Novak's Gynecology. 14th ed. 2007, Ovid
- Berek & Novak's Gynecology. 15th ed. 2012, Ovid"Berek and Novak's Gynecology is the gold standard text in general gynecology serving both as a comprehensive reference and a practical, clinically-oriented text. This reference is not only a must-have product for residents in training, but it offers information for the practicing physician. The book covers the entire spectrum of women's healthcare by offering guidance for the management of specific gynecologic conditions in eight sections. The first two sections cover principles of practice and initial assessment and the relevant basic science. The third section is on preventive and primary care for women, and the remaining five sections are directed at methods of diagnosis and management in general gynecology, operative general gynecology, urogynecology and pelvic reconstructive surgery, reproductive endocrinology, and gynecologic oncology"--Provided by publisher.
- Bergey's Manual of systematic bacteriology. 2nd ed. v. 2a-2c, 2005., Springerv. 2b 2005 Springerv. 2c 2005 Springerv. 1. The Archaea and the deeply branching and phototrophic bacteria -- v. 2. The Proteobacteria: part A. Introductory essays; part B. The Gammaproteobacteria; part C. The Alpha-, beta-, delta-, and epsilonproteobacteria -- v. 3. The Firmicutes -- v. 4. The Bacteroidetes, Spirochaetes, Tenericutes (Mollicutes), Acidobacteria, Fibrobacteres, Fusobacteria, Dictyoglomi, Gemmatimonadetes, Lentisphaerae, Verrucomicrobia, Chlamydiae, and Planctomycetes -- v. 5. The Actinobacteria.
- Print MaterialPrimary care: skills and concepts -- Primary care: introduction / Julie E. Noble -- Child advocacy / Julie E. Noble -- Talking with children / Geeta Grover -- Talking with parents / Geeta Grover -- Talking with adolescents / Monica Sifuentes -- Telephone management / Iris Wagman Borowsky and Cecily L. Wait -- Informatics / Alan Tomines -- Counseling families about internet use / Alan Tomines -- Principles of pediatric therapeutics / Elizabeth A. Edgerton -- Health maintenance and anticipatory guidance -- Neonatal examination and nursery visit / Julie E. Noble and Monica Sifuentes -- Newborn screening / Derek Wong -- Caring for twins and higher-order multiples / Lynne M. Smith -- Circumcision / Lynne M. Smith -- Nutritional needs / Wendy T. Hui and Geeta Grover -- Breastfeeding / Julie E. Noble -- Sleep: normal patterns and common disorders / Geeta Grover -- Oral health and dental disorders / Charlotte W. Lewis -- Normal development and developmental surveillance, screening, and evaluation / Geeta Grover -- Language development: speech and hearing assessment / Geeta Grover -- Literacy promotion in pediatric practice / Lynn Hunt -- Gifted children / Iris Wagman Borowsky and Rachel S. Darling -- Children and school: a primer for the practitioner / Martin Baren and Geeta Grover -- Immunizations / ChrisAnna M. Mink -- Health maintenance in older children and adolescents / Hali Sherman and Monica Sifuentes -- Health care for international adoptees / ChrisAnna M. Mink -- Health care needs of children in foster care / Sara T. Stewart and ChrisAnna M. Mink -- Well-child care for children with trisomy 21 / Derek Wong -- Well-child care for preterm infants / Lynne M. Smith -- Care of children with special health care needs / Julie E. Noble and Monica Sifuentes -- Reproductive health / Monica Sifuentes -- Injury prevention / Allison Golnik and Iris Wagman Borowsky -- Fostering self-esteem / Rick Goldstein -- Sibling rivalry / Carol D. Berkowitz -- Toilet training / Lynne M. Smith -- Crying and colic / Geeta Grover -- Discipline / Carol D. Berkowitz -- Temper tantrums / Geeta Grover -- Breath-holding spells / Geeta Grover -- Fears, phobias, and anxiety / Carol D. Berkowitz -- Thumb sucking and other habits / Carol D. Berkowitz -- Enuresis / Carol D. Berkowitz -- Encopresis / Carol D. Berkowitz -- Acute and emergent problems -- Fever and bacteremia / Paul Bryan -- Febrile seizures / Kenneth R. Huff -- Respiratory distress / David B. Burbulys -- Stridor and croup / David B. Burbulys -- Sudden infant death syndrome and apparent life-threatening events / Lynne M. Smith -- Syncope / David Atkinson and Elizabeth A. Edgerton -- Shock / Kelly D. Young -- Approach to the traumatized child / David B. Burbulys -- Abdominal trauma / David B. Burbulys -- Head trauma / Paul Bryan -- Increased intracranial pressure / Kenneth R. Huff -- Fluid and electrolyte disturbances / Charlotte W. Lewis and Sudhir K. Anand -- Acute renal failure / acute kidney injury / Hali Sherman and Sudhir K. Anand -- Ingestions: diagnosis and management / Kelly D. Young -- Head, neck and respiratory system -- Approach to the dysmorphic child / Julie E. Noble -- Craniofacial anomalies / Carol D. Berkowitz -- Common oral lesions / Charlotte W. Lewis -- Otitis media / Nasser Redjal -- Hearing impairments / Julie E. Noble and Monica Sifuentes -- Sore throat / Stanley H. Inkelis -- Nosebleeds / Stanley H. Inkelis -- Strabismus / Teresa Rosales -- Infections of the eye / Teresa Rosales -- Excessive tearing / Teresa Rosales -- Neck masses / Stanley H. Inkelis -- Allergic disease / Nasser Redjal -- Wheezing and asthma / Nasser Redjal -- Cough / Nasser Redjal -- Hematologic disorders -- Anemia / Wendy Y. Tcheng -- Bleeding disorders / Wendy Y. Tcheng -- Lymphadenopathy / Wendy Y. Tcheng -- Cardiovascular system -- Heart murmurs / Robin Winkler Doroshow -- Cyanosis in the newborn / Robin Winkler Doroshow -- Congestive heart failure / Robin Winkler Doroshow -- Chest pain / Robin Winkler Doroshow -- Hypertension / Sudhir K. Anand and Hali Sherman -- Genitourinary disorders -- Ambiguous genitalia / Jennifer K. Yee and Catherine S. Mao -- Inguinal lumps and bumps / Julie E. Noble -- Hematuria / Elaine S. Kamil -- Proteinuria / Elaine S. Kamil -- Urinary tract infections / Hali Sherman and Sudhir K. Anand -- Vaginitis / Monica Sifuentes -- Sexually transmitted infections / Monica Sifuentes -- Menstrual disorders / Monica Sifuentes -- Disorders of the breast / Monica Sifuentes -- Orthopedic disorders -- Developmental hip dysplasia / Hamid R. Redjal and David P. Zamorano -- Rotational problems of the lower extremity: in-toeing and out-toeing / Hamid R. Redjal and David P. Zamorano -- Angular deformities of the lower extremity: bowlegs and knock-knees / Carol D. Berkowitz -- Orthopedic injuries and growing pains / Sara T. Stewart -- Sports-related acute injuries / Monica Sifuentes --Evaluation of limp / Paul Bryan -- Musculoskeletal disorders of the neck and back / Carol D. Berkowitz -- Gastrointestinal disorders -- Vomiting / George Gershman -- Gastroesophageal reflux / Jeremy Screws -- Gastrointestinal bleeding / George Gershman -- Diarrhea / George Gershman -- Constipation / Doron D. Kahana and George Gershman -- Abdominal pain / George Gershman -- Jaundice / Melissa Egge -- Infectious hepatitis / Monica Sifuentes and ChrisAnna M. Mink -- Neurologic disorders -- Hypotonia / Kenneth R. Huff -- Headaches / Kenneth R. Huff -- Tics / Kenneth R. Huff -- Dermatologic disorders -- Acne / Monica Sifuentes -- Disorders of the hair and scalp / Kathy K. Langevin and Noah Craft -- Diaper dermatitis / Kathy K. Langevin and Noah Craft -- Papulosquamous eruptions / Kathy K. Langevin and Noah Craft -- Morbilliform rashes / Kathy K. Langevin and Noah Craft -- Vesicular Exanthems / Kathy K. Langevin and Noah Craft -- The new morbidity -- Autism spectrum disorders / Robin Steinberg-Epstein -- Attention-deficit / hyperactivity disorder / Allison Golnik and Iris Wagman Borowsky -- Psychopharmacology in children / Robin Steinberg-Epstein and Kenneth W. Steinhoff -- Physical abuse / Sara T. Stewart -- Sexual abuse / Sara T. Stewart -- Failure to thrive / Carol D. Berkowitz -- Infants of substance-abusing mothers / Sara T. Stewart -- Substance abuse / Monica Sifuentes -- Eating disorders / Monica Sifuentes -- Body modification: tattooing and body piercing / Monica Sifuentes -- Childhood obesity / Charlotte W. Lewis -- Divorce / Carol D. Berkowitz -- School-related violence / Elizabeth A. Edgerton -- Disaster preparedness / Elizabeth A. Edgerton -- Adolescent depression and suicide / Monica Sifuentes -- Chronic diseases of childhood and adolescence -- Cancer in children / Wendy Y. Tcheng -- Chronic kidney disease / chronic renal failure / Walter Jimenez and Isidro B. Salusky -- Diabetes mellitus / Jennifer K. Yee and Catherine S. Mao -- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis / collagen vascular disease / Elizabeth A. Edgerton -- Nephrotic syndrome / Elaine S. Kamil -- Seizures and epilepsy / Kenneth R. Huff.
- Berman's Pediatric decision making. 5th ed. 2011, ScienceDirect
- Print MaterialPrinciples of cell function -- Homeostasis of body fluids -- Signal transduction, membrane receptors, second messengers, and regulation of gene expression -- The nervous system: introduction to cells and systems -- Generation and conduction of action potentials -- Synaptic transmission -- The somatosensory system -- The special senses -- Organization of motor function -- Higher functions of the nervous system -- The autonomic nervous system and its central control -- Sketetal muscle physiology -- Cardiac muscle -- Smooth muscle -- Overview of circulation -- Elements of cardiac function -- Properties of the vasculature -- Regulaiton of the heart and vasculature -- Integrated control of the cardiovascular system -- Structure and function of the respiratory system -- Mechanical properties of the lung and chest wall: static and dynamic -- Ventilation (V̇), perfusion (Q̇), and V̇/Q̇ relationships -- Oxygen and carbon dioxide transport -- Control of respiration -- Nonrespiratory functions of the lung -- Functional anatomy and general principles of regulation in the gastrointestinal tract -- The cephalic, oral, and esophageal phases of the integrated response to a meal -- The gastric phase of the integrated response to a meal -- The small intestinal phase of the integrated response to a meal -- The colonic phase of the integrated response to a meal -- Transport and metabolic functions of the liver -- Elements of renal function -- Solute and water transport along the nephron: tubular function -- Control of body fluid osmolality and volume -- Potassium, calcium, and phosphate homeostasis -- Role of the kidneys in the regulation of acid-base balance -- Introduction to the endocrine system -- Hormonal regulation of energy metabolism -- Hormonal regulation of calcium and phosphate metabolism -- The hypothalamus and pituitary gland -- The thyroid gland -- The adrenal glands -- The male and female reproductive systems.
- Berries and cancer prevention 2011, Springer
- Berry fruit 2007, CRCnetBASEBerry crops : worldwide area and production systems / Bernadine C. Strik -- Chemical components of berry fruits / Stephen T. Talcott -- Berry fruit phytochemicals / Luke R. Howard and Tiffany J. Hager -- Natural pigments of berries : functionality and application / M. Monica Giusti and Pu Jing -- Antioxidant capacity and phenolic content of berry fruits as affected by genotype, preharvest conditions, maturity, and postharvest handling / Shiow Y. Wang -- The potential health benefits of phytochemicals in berries for protecting against cancer and coronary heart disease / Rui Hai Liu.Quality of berries associated with preharvest and postharvest conditions / Elizabeth Mitcham -- Microbial safety concerns of berry fruit / Mark A. Daeschel and Pathima Udompijitkul -- Postharvest handling, storage, and treatment of fresh market berries / Cynthia Bower -- Freezing process of berries / Yanyun Zhao -- Dehydration of berries / Fernando E. Figuerola -- Commercial canning of berries / Hosahalli S. Ramaswamy and Yang Meng -- Berry jams and jellies / Fernando E. Figuerola -- Utilization of berry processing by-products / Yanyun Zhao.
- Best evidence for spine surgery 2012, ScienceDirectCervical disk herniation : anterior cervical diskectomy and fusion versus arthroplasty / Mir H. Ali, Frank M. Phillips -- Multilevel anterior cervical diskectomy and fusion : bone-grafting options / Sheeraz A. Qureshi, Andrew C. Hecht, Scott D. Boden -- Ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament : anterior versus posterior approach / Garrick W. Cason, Edward R. Anderson III, Harry N. Herkowitz -- Minimally invasive approaches to thoracic disk herniations / Alfred T. Ogden, Michael G. Kaiser, Richard G. Fessler -- Lumbar disk herniation with mild neurological deficit : microdiskectomy versus conservative treatment / Kelli L. Crabtree, Paul M. Arnold -- Cervical spondylosis-spinal stenosis : laminoplasty versus laminectomy and fusion / Yu-Po Lee, Niraj Patel, Steven R. Garfin -- Lumbar degenerative disk disease : fusion versus artificial disk / Michael F. Duffy, Jack E. Zigler -- Degenerative spondylolisthesis with radicular pain : decompression only versus decompression and fusion / Tuan V. Nguyen, Robert A. McGuire Jr. -- Asymptomatic intradural Schwannoma : surgery versus radiosurgery versus observation / Christopher E. Mandigo, Paul C. McCormick -- Pseudotumor : transoral versus posterior fusion / Daniel M. Sciubba ... [et al.] -- Odontoid fracture in the elderly : odontoid screws versus posterior fusion / Harvey E. Smith, Scott D. Daffner, Alexander R. Vaccaro -- C1-C2 fusion : transarticular screws versus Harms procedure / Thomas J. Kesman, Bradford L. Currier -- Multilevel cervical corpectomy : anterior-only versus circumferential instrumentation / Andrew J. Schoenfeld, Christopher M. Bono -- Cervical jumped facets and incomplete neurological deficit : closed reduction versus urgent surgery / Michael A. Finn, Paul A. Anderson -- Laminectomy across cervico thoracic junction : fusion versus non fusion / Timothy E. Link, Rahul Jandial, Volker K.H. Sonntag -- Vertebral metastases : ventral and dorsal approach versus lateral -- Extracavitary transpedicular approach / John H. Shin, Edward C. Benzel -- Degenerative scoliosis: anterior and posterior fusion versus posterior fusion / Krishna Gumidyala, Sigurd Berven -- Sagittal imbalance: multiple Smith-Petersen osteotomies versus pedicle substraction osteotomies / Jamal McClendon ... [et al.] -- -- L1-S1 fusion: extending to T12 and pelvis and when to include L5-S1 anterior grafting / Steven Mardjetko -- High-grade spondylolisthesis : reduction and fusion versus in situ fusion / Matthew B. Maserati, Christopher I. Shaffrey, Adam S. Kanter.
- Best evidence structural interventions for HIV prevention 2013, SpringerIntroduction --Overview of Structural Interventions to Decrease Injection Drug-Use Risk --Overview of Structural Interventions to Decrease Noncommercial Sex Risk --Overview of Structural Interventions to Decrease Commercial Sex Risk --Overview of Structural Interventions to Increase Voluntary Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) --Conclusion.
- Best practices in the behavioral management of chronic disease v. 1-3, 2006-08.Print Materialv. 1. Neuropsychiatric disorders -- v. 2. Other medical disorders -- v. 3. [without special title].
- Beta-blockade across the cardiovascular continuum 2009, HighWire
- BetaSys 2011, Springer
- Sect. 1. Head and neck. Head and neck cancer / Barbara A. Conley ... [et al.] -- Sect. 2. Thorax. Non-small cell lung cancer / Anne M. Horgan and Oscar S. Breathnach -- Small cell lung cancer / Neelima Denduluri and Martin E. Gutierrez -- Sect. 3. Digestive system. Esophageal cancer / Gregory D. Leonard, David P. Kelsen, and Carmen J. Allegra -- Gastric cancer / M. Wasif Saif -- Biliary tract cancer / Gregory D. Leonard, Eileen M. O'Reilly, and Carmen J. Allegra -- Primary cancers of the liver / Gregory D. Leonard, William R. Jarnagin, and Carmen J. Allegra -- Colorectal cancer / George P. Kim, Chris H. Takimoto, and Carmen J. Allegra -- Pancreatic cancer / George P. Kim, James L. Gulley, Chris H. Takimoto -- Anal cancer / M. Wasif Saif -- Other gastrointestinal tumors / M. Wasif Saif -- Sect. 4. Breast. Breast cancer / Hamid R. Mirshahidi and Jame Abraham -- Sect. 5. Genitourinary. Renal cell cancer / Hung T. Khong, Christopher Klebanoff, and Susan Bates --Prostate cancer / James L. Gulley and William L. Dahut -- Bladder cancer / Manish Agarwal and William L. Dahut -- Testicular carcinoma / Avi S. Retter and Barnett S. Kramer -- Sect. 6. Gynecologic. Ovarian cancer / Eddie Reed and Ramin Altaha -- Endometrial cancer / Christina M. Annunziasta and Michael J. Birrer -- Cervical cancer / Edwin M. Posades and Herbert L. Kotz -- Vulvar cancer / Christina M. Annunziasta and Michael J. Birrer -- Sect. 7. Musculoskeletal. Sarcomas and malignancies of the bone / Patrick J. Mansky and Lee Helman -- Sect. 8. Skin cancer. Skin cancers and melanoma / Upendra P. Hegde and Barry Gause -- Sect. 9. Hematologic malignancies. Acute leukemias / Michael Craig, Jame Abraham, and Brian P. Monahan -- Chronic leukemias / Muzaffar H. Quazilbash and Michael J. Keating -- Chronic myeloid leukemia / Muzaffar H. Quazilbash and Jorge E. Cortes -- Myeloproliferative diseases / Manish Monga and Marcel P. Devetten --Multiple myeloma / Sattva S. Neelapu and Cynthia E. Dunbar -- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma / Martin Gutierrez, Richard F. Little, and Wyndham H. Wilson -- Hodgkin lymphoma / Gisa Schun, Jame Abraham, and Marcel P. Devetten -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation / Michael Craig, Jame Abraham, and Richard W. Childs -- Sect. 10. Other malignancies. Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome-related malignancies / Pallavi P. Kumar and Richard F. Little -- Carcinoma of unknown primary / Hung T. Khong -- Central nervous system tumors / Patrick J. Mansky, J. Paul Duic, and Howard A. Fine -- Endocrine tumors / Michael E. Menefee and Tito Fojo -- Sect. 11. Supportive care. Hematopoietic growth factors / Philip M. Arlen and James L. Gulley -- Infectious complications in oncology / Sarah M. Wynne and Juan C. Gea-Banacloche -- General principles of cancer pain management / Jason R. Beckrow and Richard A. Messmann --Oncologic emergencies and paraneoplastic syndromes / Muhammad K. Siddique and Richard A. Messmann -- Psychopharmacologic management in oncology / Donald L. Rosenstein, Maryland Pao, and June Cai -- Management of emesis in oncology / David R. Kohler -- Nutrition for oncology patients / Marnie Dobbin -- End-of-life care / Jane Carter -- Sect. 12. Targeted treatments and complimentary and alternative medicine. Targeted therapies / James L. Gulley and Gregory Curt -- Complementary and alternative medicine in oncology / Patrick J. Mansky, Dawn b. Wallerstedt, and Marc R. Blackman -- Sect. 13. Common procedures and chemotherapy drugs. Central venous access devices / Deborah C. Gutierrez and Naomi P. O'Grady -- Procedures in medical oncology / Suzanne G. Demko and Kerry Ryan -- Anticancer agents / Thomas E. Hughes.
- Bethesda system for reporting thyroid cytopathology 2010, Springer
- Better doctors, better patients, better decisions 2011, ebraryHealth literacy : is the patient the problem? -- Launching the century of the patient / Gerd Gigerenzer and J.A. Muir Gray -- When misinformed patients try to make informed health decisions / Wolfgang Gaissmaier and Gerd Gigerenzer -- Reducing unwarranted variation in clinical practice by supporting clinicians and patients in decision making / Albert G. Mulley, Jr., and John E. Wennberg -- Do patients want shared decision making and how is this measured? / Martin Hañrter and Daniela Simon -- Health illiteracy : roots in research -- Health research agendas and funding / David E. Nelson -- Reporting of research : are we in for better health care by 2020? / Holger Schanemann, Davina Ghersi, Julia Kreis, Gerd Antes, and Jean Bousquet -- Medical journals can be less biased / J.A. Muir Gray -- What is needed for better health care : better systems, better patients or both? / Markus A. Feufel, Gerd Antes, Johann Steurer, Gerd Gigerenzer, J.A. Muir Gray, Marjukka MÃñkelÃñ, Albert G. Mulley, Jr., David E. Nelson, Jay Schulkin, Holger Schanemann, John E. Wennberg, and Claudia Wild -- Health illiteracy : spread to the public -- Statistical illiteracy in doctors / Odette Wegwarth and Gerd Gigerenzer -- Statistical illiteracy in journalism : are its days numbered? / Bruce Bower -- Improving health care journalism / Holger Wormer -- Barriers to health information and building solutions / Talya Miron-Shatz, Ingrid Mahlhauser, Bruce Bower, Michael Diefenbach, Ben Goldacre, Richard S.W. Smith, David Spiegelhalter, and Odette Wegwarth -- Health care 2020 -- How can better evidence be delivered? / Norbert Donner-Banzhoff, Hilda Bastian, Angela Coulter, Glyn Elwyn, Gunther Jonitz, David Klemperer, and Wolf-Dieter Ludwig -- The drug facts box : making informed decisions about prescription drugs possible / Lisa M. Schwartz and Steven Woloshin -- Reengineering medical education / David A. Davis -- The chasm between evidence and practice : extent, causes, and remedies / Richard S.W. Smith -- The future of diagnostics : from optimizing to satisficing / Henry Brighton -- Direct-to-consumer advertising : status quo and suggestions to enhance the delivery of independent medication information / Wolf-Dieter Ludwig and Gisela Schott -- How will health care professionals and patients work together in 2020? : a manifesto for change / Ralph Hertwig, Heather Buchan, David A. Davis, Wolfgang Gaissmaier, Martin Harter, Kai Kolpatzik, France LÃgarÃ, Norbert Schmacke, and Holger Wormer.
- Better. 1st ed. 2007Print MaterialThe struggle to perform well is universal: each of us faces fatigue, limited resources, and imperfect abilities in whatever we do. But nowhere is this drive to do better more important than in medicine, where lives are on the line with every decision. Author Gawande explores how doctors strive to close the gap between best intentions and best performance in the face of obstacles that sometimes seem insurmountable. Gawande's stories take us to battlefield surgical tents in Iraq, to labor and delivery rooms in Boston, to a polio outbreak in India, and to malpractice courtrooms around the country. He discusses the ethical dilemma of lethal injections, examines the influence of money on modern medicine, and recounts the contentious history of hand washing. And he gives us an inside look at his own life as a practicing surgeon, offering a firsthand account of a field where mistakes are both unavoidable and unthinkable.--From publisher description.
- Between pathogenicity and commensalism 2013, SpringerE. coli as an All-Rounder: The Thin Line Between Commensalism and Pathogenicity /Andreas Leimbach, Jörg Hacker, Ulrich Dobrindt --What Distinguishes Highly Pathogenic Staphylococci from Medium- and Non-pathogenic? /Ralf Rosenstein, Friedrich Götz --Microevolution of Pseudomonas aeruginosa to a Chronic Pathogen of the Cystic Fibrosis Lung /Michael Hogardt, Jürgen Heesemann --Lactobacillus: Host-Microbe Relationships /John O'Callaghan, Paul W. O'Toole --Bacterial Moonlighting Proteins and Bacterial Virulence /Brian Henderson, Andrew Martin --Symbionts and Pathogens: What is the Difference? /Vicente Pérez-Brocal, Amparo Latorre, Andrés Moya --Ecology and Physiology of the Intestinal Tract /Michael Blaut --The Gut Microflora and Its Variety of Roles in Health and Disease /Julia-Stefanie Frick, Ingo B. Autenrieth --Host-Recognition of Pathogens and Commensals in the Mammalian Intestine /Oriana Rossi, Peter van Baarlen, Jerry M. Wells --Contribution of the Intestinal Microbiota to Human Health: From Birth to 100 Years of Age /Jing Cheng, Airi M. Palva, Willem M. de Vos.
- Between the lines of genetic code 2014, ScienceDirectBetween the Lines of Genetic Code lays out methodologies and tools for the measurement and evaluation of gene-gene and gene-environment studies and gives perspective on the future of this discipline. The book begins by defining terms for interaction studies, describing methodologies, and critically assessing the viability of current study designs and the possibilities for integrating designs. It then provides recent applications data with case studies in rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, myositis and other complex human diseases. Last, it examines current studies and directions for future applications in patient care. Recent multivariate studies show that gene-gene and gene-environment interactions can explain significant variances in inheritance that have previously been undetectable in univariate analysis. These links among genes and between genes and their environments during the development of diseases may serve as important hints for understanding pathogenic mechanisms and for developing new tools for prognosis, diagnosis, and treatment of various diseases. Systematically integrates methods of defining and detecting gene interactions to provide an overview of the field. Critically analyzes current methods and tools to aid researchers in integrating gene interaction studies Includes examples of current biomedical applications and presents current research expected to shape clinical research in the near future.
- Beyond bullet points 2007, ProQuest SafariA guide to using Microsoft PowerPoint describes how to use storytelling techniques to create effective business presentations.
- Beyond human error 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Beyond pandemics 2011This book captures the lessons learned from a variety of sectors: multi-sector planning, civil-military coordination, global health, communications, community, animal health, logistics, private sector, and travel and tourist--synthesizing key themes and lessons learned. Based on literature reviews conducted by technical specialists, each chapter identifies the most salient characteristics and lessons learned. Not surprisingly, many cross-cutting themes and lessons learned related to pandemic preparedness emerged.
- Beyond the archives 2008Print MaterialIntroduction: The role of serendipity, family connections, and cultural memory in historical research / Gesa E. Kirsch and Liz Rohan -- The accidental archivist : embracing chance and confusion in historical scholarship / David Gold -- Being on location : serendipity, place, and archival research / Gesa E. Kirsch -- Getting to know them : concerning research into four early women writers / Christine Mason Sutherland -- Making connections / Alicia Nitecki -- Traces of the familiar : family archives as primary source material / Wendy B. Sharer -- The biography of a graveyard / Ronald R. Stockton -- In a treeless landscape : a research narrative / Kathleen Wider -- My grandfather's trunk / Barry Rohan -- Colonial memory, colonial research : a preamble to a case study / Victor Villanueva -- Unbundling : archival research and Japanese American communal memory of U.S. Justice Department internment, 1941-45 / Gail Y. Okawa -- Mississippi on my mind / W. Ralph Eubanks -- Dreaming Charles Eastman : cultural memory, autobiography, and geography in indigenous rhetorical histories / Malea Powell -- Cultural memory and the lesbian archive / Kate Davy -- "I see dead people" : archive, crypt, and an argument for the researcher's sixth sense / Elizabeth (Betsy) Birmingham -- Stitching and writing a life / Liz Rohan -- When two stories collide, they catch fire / Anca Vlasopolos -- Stumbling in the archives : a tale of two novices / Lisa Mastrangelo and Barbara L'Eplattenier.
- B cell protocols — Beyond the archives (187)
- Beyond the numbers — Biomedical applications of peptide-, glyco- and glycopeptide dendrimers, and analogous dendrimeric structures (187)
- Biomedical aspects of histamine — Bone metastases. Second edition. [2nd ed.] (187)
- Bone metastasis — Butyl acetates (184)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases