- A₃ adenosine receptors from cell biol...
- — Advances in regenerative medicine ......
- Advances in schizophrenia research, ....
- — Angiogenesis in brain tumors ...........
- Angiogenesis in inflammation ...........
- — Assessment of immigration status in h...
- Assessment of potential health effect...
- — Āyurveda ...............................
- A to Z drug facts Ovid
- A-Z of neurological practice. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerThe aim of this new edition is to present information about neurological disorders in a structured and succinct way, following a "trickle down" principle: beginning with overviews and then moving on to specific disease categories. The latter address clinical features (i.e., information accessed by history-taking and physical examination), investigations, differential diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis. Cross-references to the Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) database have been given where relevant. --Preface excerpt.
- AACR Education book HighWire, Latest ed. only
- AAMC-Hartford geriatrics curriculum program: Lane Catalog record
- AAPS advances in the pharmaceutical sciences series v. 1-, 2011-, Springer
- Abbreviations dictionary. 10th ed. 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Applying educational theory in practice / David M. Kaufman -- Course design / John Bligh and Julie Brice -- Collaborative learning / Diana Wood -- Evaluation / Jillian Morrison -- Teaching large groups / Peter Cantillon -- Teaching small groups / David Jaques -- Feedback in medical education : skills for improving learner performance / Joan Sargeant and Karen Mann -- Learning and teaching in the clinical environment / John Spencer -- Written assessment / Lambert W.T. Schuwirth and Cees P.M. van der Vleuten -- Skill-based assessment / Val Wass -- Work-based assessment / John Norcini and Eric Holmboe -- Direct obvservation tools for workplace-based assessment / Peter Cantillon and Diana Wood -- Learning environment / Jill Thistlethwaite -- Creating teaching materials / Jean Ker and Anne Hesketh -- Learning and teaching professionalism / Sylvia R. Cruess and Richard L. Cruess -- Making it all happen : faculty development for busy teachers / Yvonne Steinert -- Supporting students in difficulty / Dason Evans and Jo Brown.
- ABC of pediatric surgical imaging 2010, Springer
- ABC proteins 2003, ScienceDirect
- ABCs of gene cloning. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- ABCs of group visits 2013, Springer
- Topographical aspects of behavior -- Observing behavior: when, where, and how much? -- Knowing your ABCs -- Learning by association: respondent conditioning -- Learning by consequences: operant conditioning -- Operant conditioning: stimulus control -- Learning by relational framing: language and cognition -- Applying your ABCs -- Functional knowledge -- Dialogue toward change -- Principles and practices -- Principles of treatment: one -- Principles of treatment: two.
- Abeloff's Clinical oncology. 4th ed. Lane Catalog record
- Abeloff's Clinical oncology. Fifth edition [5th ed.] 2014, MD Consult
- Abeta peptide and Alzheimer's disease 2007, SpringerA Brief Introduction to the History of the β-Amyloid Protein (Aβ) of Alzheimer's Disease / David Small and Colin Barrow -- The Aβcentric Pathway of Alzheimer's Disease / Victor Villemagne, Roberto Cappai, Kevin Barnham, Robert Cherny, Carlos Opazo, Kathy Novakovic, Christopher Rowe and Colin Masters -- The Function of the Amyloid Precursor Protein Family / Roberto Cappai, B. Elise Needham and Giuseppe Ciccotosto -- The Involvement of Aβ in the Neuroinflammatory Response / Piet Eikelenboom, Willem van Gool, Annemieke Rozemuller, Wiep Scheper, Rob Veerhuis and Jeroen Hoozemans -- Amyloid β-Peptide(1-42), Oxidative Stress, and Alzheimer's Disease / D. Butterfield -- Amyloid Toxicity, Synaptic Dysfunction, and the Biochemistry of Neurodegeneration in Alzheimer's Disease / Judy Ng, Marie-Isabel Aguilar and David Small -- Aβ Variants and Their Impact on Amyloid Formation and Alzheimer's Disease Progression / Laszlo Otvos -- Copper Coordination by β-Amyloid and the Neuropathology of Alzheimer's Disease / Cyril Curtain and Kevin Barnham -- Cholesterol and Alzheimer's Disease / Joanna Cordy and Benjamin Wolozin -- Amyloid β-Peptide and Central Cholinergic Neurons: Involvement in Normal Brain Function and Alzheimer's Disease Pathology / Satyabrata Karn, Z. Wei, David MacTavish, Doreen Kabogo, Mee-Sook Song and Jack Jhamandas -- Physiologic and Neurotoxic Properties of Aβ Peptides / Gillian Gregory, Claire Shepherd and Glenda Halliday -- Impact of β-Amyloid on the Tau Pathology in Tau Transgenic Mouse and Tissue Culture Models / Jürgen Götz, Della David and Lars Ittner -- Glial Cells and Aβ Peptides in Alzheimer's Disease Pathogenesis / Gilbert Siu, Peter Clifford, Mary Kosciuk, Venkat Venkataraman and Robert Nagele -- The Role of Presenilins in Aβ-Induced Cell Death in Alzheimer's Disease / Maria Ankarcrona -- Immunotherapeutic Approaches to Alzheimer's Disease / Josef Karkos -- Mouse Models of Alzheimer's Disease / Dwight German.
- Abnormal skeletal phenotypes 2005, Springer
- Abnormalities in puberty 2005, KargerSecular trend of timing of puberty / Delemarre-Van de Waal, H.A. -- Fetal nutrition and timing of puberty / van Weissenbruch, M.M. ... [et al.] -- Adrenal function of low-birthweight children / Ong, K. -- Puberty and fertility in congenital adrenal hyperplasia / Otten, B.J. ... [et al.] -- Molecular genetics of isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and Kallmann syndrome / Karges, B., de Roux, N. -- Hypothalamic hamartoma: a paradigm/model for studying the onset of puberty / Jung, H., Parent, A.-S., Ojeda, S.R. -- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogue treatment for precocious puberty: twenty years of experience / Heger, S., Sippell, W.G., Partsch, C.-J.Very long-term follow-up of girls with early and late menarche / Johansson, T.; Ritz, N.E.M. -- Polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescence: new insights in pathophysiology and treatment / Homburg, A. -- Reversing sex steroid deficiency and optimizing skeletal development in the adolescent with gonadal failure / Vanderschueren, D., Vandenput, L., Boonen, S. -- Present and future options for the preservation of fertility in female adolescents with cancer / Beerendonk, C.M.; Braat, D.M.
- About life 2007, SpringerIngredients of the simplest cells (prokaryotes and the sizes of their contents) -- Bigger cells (eukaryotic cells and their contents) -- Hives of industry (a survey of intermediary metabolism) -- Delights of transport (how the cell's contents are moved around) -- As if standing still (cellular homeostasis and regulatory processes) -- Internal state and gene expression (transcription and its control) -- Sustaining and changing the internal state (the interrelationship between gene expression and the cell's current composition and functional state) -- Responding to the environment (signal processing, gene expression and internal state) -- The living state (a characterization of 'life') -- Stability and change in DNA (how genes can be altered) -- The spice of life (diversity, natural selection and symbiosis) -- Curriculum vitae (an outline history of life on Earth) -- The origin of life (some major ideas and unanswered questions) -- Other worlds (the possibility of extraterrestrial life) -- Intelligent behavior and brains (the biological meaning of "intelligence") -- Human evolution (human intelligence and the question of human uniqueness) -- Cells, brains and computers: towards a characterisation of mind.
- Angiography of lower extremity peripheral vascular disease / Geoffrey A. Gardiner Jr., Steven C. Wagner -- Femoropopliteal revascularization / Eric C. Martin -- Infrapopliteal revascularization / Marcy B. Jagust, Thomas A. Sos -- Evaluation and endovascular therapy for renal artery stenosis / Alan H. Matsumoto ... [et al.] -- Endovascular interventions for acute and chronic mesenteric ischemia / Daniel A. Leung ... [et al.] -- Endovascular stent grafts for treatment of thoracic aortic diseases / David S. Wang, Michael D. Dake -- Endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms / Richard A. Baum, Roy K. Greenberg -- Percutaneous coronary intervention and related techniques / Sameer Rohatgi, Howard C. Herrmann, John W. Hirshfeld, Jr -- Arteriographic diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal bleeding / Stanley Baum -- Interventional therapies for hepatic malignancy / Michael J. Pentecost -- Benign biliary obstruction / Roy L. Gordon -- Malignant obstruction of the hepatobiliary system / Anthony C. Venbrux ... [et al.] -- Liver transplantation: associated interventions / Robert K. Kerlan, Jr., Jeanne M. LaBerge -- Percutaneous management of portal hypertension / Ziv J. Haskal -- Percutaneous gastrostomy and gastrojejunostomy / Daniel B. Brown, Daniel Picus -- Interventional radiology of the lacrimal system / Ho-Young Song, Deok Hee Lee, Sung-Gwon Kang -- Esophageal stent placement / Ho-Young Song, Hyun Ki Yoon, Kyu-Bo Sung -- Colonic stenting / Manuel Maynar ... [et al.] --Percutaneous management of biliary calculi / Aalpen A. Patel, S. William Stavropoulos, Constantin Cope -- Percutaneous cholecystostomy / S. William Stavropoulos, Aalpen A. Patel, Constantin Cope -- Nephroureteral obstruction / Parvati Ramchandani -- Renal calculus disease / Parvati Ramchandani -- Lower genitourinary tract / Flavio Castaûeda -- Interventions in urinary diversions / Parvati Ramchandani -- Renal cysts and urinomas / Michael Darcy -- Perspectives of varicocele management / Richard Shlansky-Goldberg, Jeffery Arthur Solomon -- Uterine fibroid embolization / James B. Spies -- Obstetrical hemorrhage / Filip Banovac -- Pelvic venous incompetence: pelvic congestion syndrome / Anthony C. Venbrux -- Revascularization in the central nervous system / Robert W. Hurst -- Endovascular therapy of cerebral arteriovenous malformations / Tony P. Smith -- Intracranial aneurysm therapy / Michael J. Alexander -- Neuroendovascular therapy of intracranial, extra-axial lesions / Jason Allen, Tibor Bescke, Peter Kim Nelson -- Transcatheter bronchial artery embolization for inflammation (hemoptysis) / Matthew A. Mauro, Charles T. Burke, Paul F. Jaques -- Thoracic abscesses and malignant pleural effusions / Debra A. Gervais, Giles W. Boland, Steven L. Dawson -- Pulmonary arteriovenous malformations / Jeffrey S. Pollak, Robert I. White, Jr -- Management of chylothorax / Constantin Cope --Preintervention assessment, intraprocedure management, postintervention care / Klemens H. Barth -- The emergency treatment of reaction to contrast material / Rebecca A. Barnett -- Interventional pain procedures for cancer pain / Phillip Phan, Allen W. Burton -- Intradiskal electrothermal therapy (IDET) and its role in spinal pain management / Jeffrey A. Saal -- Vascular ultrasound / Edward G. Grant -- Multidetector-row computed tomographic angiography technique and clinical applications / Jeffrey C. Hellinger, Geoffrey D. Rubin -- Magnetic resonance angiography / Frank J. Thornton, Thomas M. Grist -- Basic surgical techniques for the interventional radiologist / Jeffrey P. Carpenter, Edward Y. Woo -- Catheters, methods, and injectors for superselective catheterization / S. William Stavropoulos, Dheeraj Rajan, Constantin Cope -- Agents for small vessel/tissue embolization and transcatheter tissue ablation: current status and the future / Aalpen A. Patel, Michael C. Soulen -- Mechanical embolic agents / Herb Lustberg, Jeffrey S. Pollak -- Balloon angioplasty catheters / Gary J. Becker -- Vascular stents / Elliot Levy -- Principles of selective thrombolysis / Anne Roberts -- Thrombolysis: clinical applications / Anne Roberts -- Percutaneous image-guided biopsy / Jeffrey S. Moulton ... [et al.] -- Percutaneous aortoiliac intervention in vascular disease / Janice M. Newsome, Kenneth S. Rholl --Tracheobronchial balloon dilatation and stent placement / Ji Hoon Shin, Gi-Young Ko, Ho-Young Song -- Interventional therapy of pulmonary embolism / Renan Uflacker -- Arteriography and transcatheter treatment of extremity trauma / Michael D. Katz, Sue E. Hanks -- Angiographic management of hemorrhage in pelvic fractures / John A. Kaufman, Arthur C. Waltman -- Transcatheter arterial embolization in the management of splenic trauma / Brian Stainken -- Arteriography and endovascular management of renal trauma / Sue E. Hanks, Michael D. Katz -- Embolotherapy of hepatic trauma / Michael D. Katz, Sue E. Hanks -- Pediatric interventional angiography / Josee Dubois, Laurent Garel, J.A. Gordon Culham -- Percutaneous treatment of abdominal abscesses / Debra A. Gervais, Steven L. Dawson -- Percutaneous drainage of pelvic abscesses and fluid collections / Debra A. Gervais, Steven L. Dawson -- Interventional radiology of venous insufficiency / Robert J. Min -- Percutaneous vertebroplasty / Mary E. Jensen, Avery J. Evans -- Venous thrombolysis and stenting / Paul C. Lakin, Sean M. Carr -- Venous access / Matthew A. Mauro, Susan M. Weeks -- Vena cava filters / Gregory M. Soares, Timothy P. Murphy -- Percutaneous vascular and nonvascular foreign body retrieval / Christoph A. Binkert, Frederick S. Keller, Josef Rösch -- Hemangiomas and vascular malformations / Robert J. Rosen, Francine Blei -- Recanalization of dialysis fistulas / Anne Roberts.
- Absorbable and biodegradable polymers 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Abstracts of papers presented at the LXXIII Cold Spring Harbor Symposium on Quantitative Biology 2008, Cold Spring Harb Lab Press
- Academia to biotechnology 2005, ScienceDirect
- Academic medicine 2006, SpringerDeciding on an academic career. -- About an academic career. -- What you need to know about the academic medical center. -- Finding the academic job you want. -- Basic academic skills: clinical practice, teaching, and scholarship. -- Advanced academic skills: doing research, getting grants, and writing for publication. -- Administrative skills. -- Academic medicine success skills. -- How to manage your career and your life. -- Planning for the future. -- Appendix 1: Glossary. -- Appendix 2: Collected academic medical aphorisms. -- Appendix 3: Allopathic medical schools in the United States. -- Appendix 4: Osteopathic medical schools in the United States. -- Appendix 5: Medical schools in Canada.
- Academic medicine handbook 2013, SpringerAttaining professional success and finding personal happiness in academic medicine is not an easy path, yet both are critical if the future is to be brighter through better science, better clinical care, better training, better responsiveness to communities, and better stewardship and leadership in the health professions. This concise, easy to read title consists of "mini" chapters intended as a resource to assist early- and middle-career physicians, clinicians, and scientists in understanding the unique mission of academic medicine and building creative, effective, and inspiring careers in a challenging field.
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation 2006., Springer
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Introduction: Proteins analysis using mass spectrometry. -- Molecular scanner development: toward clinical molecular scanner for proteome research: parallel protein chemical processing before and during western-blot. -- Quantitation during electroblotting step: enhanced protein recovery after electrotransfer using square wave alternating voltage. -- Signal traitment and virtual imaging (1/2): a molecular scanner to highly automated research and to display proteome images. -- Signal traitment and virtual imaging (2/2): visualization and analysis of molecular scanner peptide mass spectra. -- Improvement in the peptide mass fingerprint protein identification (1/2): hydrogen/deuterium exchange for higher specificity of protein identification by peptide mass fingerprinting. -- Improvement in the peptide mass fingerprint protein identification (2/2): MALDI-MS/MS with high resolution and sensitivity for identification and characterization of proteins. -- Proteomic and mass spectrometry: some aspects and recent developments. -- Conclusions and perspectives.
- Acceptable risk in biomedical research 2012, Springer
- Access 2003 bible. 1st ed. 2004, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Access 2007-- the missing manual. 1st ed. 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Access cookbook. 2nd ed. 2004, ProQuest Safari
- Access data analysis cookbook 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Access hacks 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Access Medicine (Online service) McGraw-HillA repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.
- Access principle 2006Opening --Access --Copyright --Associations --Economics --Cooperative --Development --Public --Politics - Rights --Reading --indexing --History --Appendixes. A. Ten flavors of open access -- B. Scholarly association budgets -- C. Journal management economics -- D. An Open access cooperative.
- AccessMedicine (Online service) McGraw-HillA repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.
- AccessMedicine Lange Case files McGraw-HillClinical cases selected from the LANGE Case Files series, edited by Eugene C. Toy, MD.
- AccessMedicine [mobile] (Online service) McGraw-Hill, Users must create a personal profile in AccessMedicine using a non-mobile browser, and log into AccessMedicine with that username and password on the mobile device (optimized for): iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry Bold.The AccessMedicine mobile website includes Harrison's Online, CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment, Picture Galleries from Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology, Clinician's Pocket Reference: The Scut Monkey, CURRENT Practice Guidelines in Primary Care, Diagnostic Tests from Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, Quick Answers, Diagnosaurus, and Drug monographs.
- AccessScience Database
- AccessSurgery (Online service). Q&A. Board review 2007, AccessSurgery, Limited to 10 simultaneous users, Users must register and sign in to take a testPart of AccessSurgery website. Provides access to online board review tests with questions based on standard surgery textbooks.
- Accidental mind 2007, Click LINK above for location/circulation status."A guide to the strange and often illogical world of neural function, 'The accidental mind' shows how the brain is not an optimized, general-purpose problem-solving machine, but rather a weird agglomeration of ad-hoc solutions that have been piled on through millions of years of evolutionary history. Moreover Linden tells us how the constraints of evolved brain design have ultimately led to almost every transcendent human foible : our long childhoods, our extensive memory capacity, our search for love and long-term relationships, our need to create compelling narrative, and ultimately, the universal cultural impulse to create both religious and scientific explanations. With forays into evolutionary biology, this analysis of mental function answers some of our most common questions about how we've come to be who we are." --book jacket.
- ACE Project v. 4, 2009."The primary aim of this innovative psycho-oncology educational initiative is to improve the delivery of palliative care by psychologists, social workers and spiritual care professionals through an intensive advocacy and leadership training program"--Website.
- Acetylcholine in the cerebral cortex. 1st ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Achieving excellence in medical education 2006, SpringerEducation matters -- Theoretical insights -- Understanding learners -- Promoting learners -- Educational excellence -- Educational technique -- Obstacles to excellence -- Organizational excellence -- Center of excellence -- Educational leadership.
- Achieving patient (aka customer) experience excellence 2014, CRCnetBASE1. Begin to spark -- 2. Personalize to motivate -- 3. Serve to lead -- 4. Connect to engage -- 5. Fail then account -- 6. Succeed then recognize -- 7. Inject fun to release pressure -- 8. Measure to coach -- 9. Action program spirit to achieve excellence -- 10. Get help to be independent.
- Achilles tendon 2007, Springer
- Achilles tendon 2009, Springer
- The production of acid in the stomach -- The regulation of gastric acid secretion -- Pharmacology of acid secretion -- The biology of acid related disease -- Gastric and duodenal ulcer disease -- Gastroesophageal reflux disease -- Helicobacter pylori -- The twenty-first century.
- ACL handbook 2013, Springer"ACL injuries affect the lives of hundreds of thousands of people each year. Treatment is far from perfect, and physicians and patients face challenges such as high failure rates in adolescent athletes and the inability to slow the accelerated progression of arthritis after an ACL rupture, for example. The ACL handbook takes a complete view of ACL injuries and treatments, discussing normal ACL and knee mechanics, the body's response to ACL injury, [and the] development of new treatment methods. Ideal for orthopedists, sports medicine physicians, and physical therapists, The ACL handbook is a unique resource for information on the basic and applied science of ACL injury, repair, and the future of treatment"--back cover.
- ACL injuries in the female athlete 2012, SpringerNearly a million anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries occur each year worldwide, causing long-term problems in the knee joint. This textbook examines the short- and long-term impacts of ACL injuries on the basis of hundreds of published studies. Risk factors for such injuries are explored using data from hypothesis-driven investigations, and possible causes of the higher risk of noncontact ACL injuries in female athletes are analyzed. Neuromuscular training programs shown to reduce the rate of these injuries in female athletes are described in step-by-step detail with the aid of numerous color photographs and video demonstrations. In addition, detailed descriptions are provided for rehabilitation programs to be used after ACL reconstruction in order to reduce the risk of a future injury.
- ACL-deficient knee 2013, Springer"The ACL-Deficient Knee: A Problem Solving Approach, focuses on problem analysis and problem solving, as well as analyzing the possibility of prevention. In each chapter, the biomechanics, anatomy, etc. that are relevant to the topic are reviewed. There are chapters where highly specialized surgical techniques are presented (v. gr. double bundle reconstruction or meniscal transplant), as well as developing areas such as ACL tears in children, where we are finding a growing number of injuries due to the increase of sports at early ages."--publisher's website
- Acoustical imaging 2007, Springer
- ACP smart medicine STAT!RefThis point-of-care decision support tool provides access to hundreds of evidence-based recommendations on diagnosis, therapy, prevention, screening and more. Includes AHFS DI Essentials.
- Acquired brain injury 2007, Springer
- Acronym finder Mt Data SystDictionary of acronyms, abbreviations, and initialisms.
- Acrylamide and other hazardous compounds in heat-treated foods 2006, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Formation and analysis of hazardous compounds in heat-treated foods -- pt. 2. Health risks of acrylamide and other hazardous compounds in heat-treated foods -- pt. 3. Minimising the formation of hazardous compounds in foods during heat treatment.
- ACSM's Primary care sports medicine. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid1. Primary care perspective / Douglas B. McKeag and James L. Moeller -- 2. Epidemiology of athletic injuries / Eric D. Zemper and Randall W. Dick -- 3. Exercise physiology and exercise testing / Carl Foster, Matthew J. Faber and John P. Porcari -- 4. Nutrition / Leslie Bonci -- 5. Preparticipation screening / James L. Moeller and Douglas B. McKeag -- 6. Conditioning and training programs for athletes/nonathletes / Sally E. Nogle and Jeffrey S. Monroe -- 7. Exercise as medicine : the role of exercise in treating chronic disease / Eric J. Anish and Chris A. Klenck -- 8. Injury prevention / Michael P. Montico, Joanne Nguyen, Scott W. Eathorne and Martha A. Steele -- 9. Covering athletic competition / Thomas R. Terrell and James L. Moeller -- 10. Management of on-site emergencies / Brent S. E. Rich, Benjamin B. Betteridge and Spencer E. Richards -- 11. Respiratory system / Jeffrey R. Kovan and James L. Moeller -- 12. Gastrointestinal system / Scott A. Paluska -- 13. Cardiovascular system / Vivien Lim, Aravind Rao Kokkirala and Paul D. Thompson -- 14. Head injuries / Margot Putukian -- 15. Peripheral neuropathy / Philip D. Zaneteas -- 16. Genitourinary system / Kevin B. Gebke -- 17. Dermatologic conditions in athletes / Delmas J. Bolin -- 18. Acute infections / Christopher A. McGrew -- 19. Hematology / Thomas H. Trojian and Diana L. Heiman -- 20. Endocrine / Thomas H. Trojian -- 21. Environment / Thomas H. Trojian --22. Challenged athletes / Katherine L. Dec -- 23. Common sports-related injuries and illnesses : generic conditions / Douglas B. McKeag -- 24. Head and neck / Scott H. Grindel -- 25. Shoulder and upper extremity / David J. Petron and Umar Khan -- 26. Elbow / Roger L. McCoy II and C. Edward Clark III -- 27. Wrist, hand, and finger injuries / Wade A. Lillegard -- 28. Chest and abdominal wall / Sami F. Rifat -- 29. Thoracic and lumbar spine / Scott W. Eathorne -- 30. Pelvis, hip, and upper leg / David M. Peck -- 31. Knee injuries / E. James Swenson, Jr. -- 32. Lower leg and ankle / Neeru Jayanthi -- 33. Foot and toes / Katherine L. Dec -- 34. Imaging in sports medicine / Jonathan A. Staser and Kenneth A. Buckwalter -- 35. Rehabilitation / Michael D. Jackson -- 36. Sport psychology / Christopher M. Carr -- 37. Drug use / Richard T. Ferro -- 38. Building a sports medicine practice and network / Christopher Madden -- 39. Patient and community education on physical fitness / Eric D. Zemper.
- Actin-based motility 2010, SpringerPart 1. Cellular Aspects -- Elementary Cellular Processes Driven by Actin Assembly: Lamellipodia and Filopodia / J. Victor Small and Klemens Rottner -- Coupling Membrane Dynamics to Actin Polymerization / Shiro Suetsugu and Tadaomi Takenawa -- Endocytic Control of Actin-based Motility / Andrea Disanza, Emanuela Frittoli, Chiara Giuliani, Francesca Milanesi and Andrea Palamidessi, et al. -- Actin in Clathrin-Mediated Endocytosis / Marko Kaksonen -- Actin Cytoskeleton and the Dynamics of Immunological Synapse / Viveka Mayya and Michael L. Dustin -- Actin-based Motile Processes in Tumor Cell Invasion / Matthew Oser, Robert Eddy and John Condeelis -- Actin-based Chromosome Movements in Cell Division / Rong Li -- Roles for Actin Dynamics in Cell Movements During Development / Minna Roh-Johnson, Jessica Sullivan-Brown and Bob Goldstein -- Part 2. Molecular Aspects -- Regulation of the Cytoplasmic Actin Monomer Pool in Actin-based Motility / Pekka Lappalainen, Maarit Makkonen and Hongxia Zhao -- From Molecules to Movement: In Vitro Reconstitution of Self-Organized Actin-based Motile Processes / Marie-France Carlier and Dominique Pantaloni -- The WASP-Homology 2 Domain and Cytoskeleton Assembly / Roberto Dominguez -- Formin-Mediated Actin Assembly / David R. Kovar, Andrew J. Bestul, Yujie Li and Bonnie J. Scott -- Visualization of Individual Actin Filament Assembly / Emmanuèle Helfer -- Movement of Cargo in Bacterial Cytoplasm: Bacterial Actin Dynamics Drives Plasmid Segregation / Dyche Mullins -- Part 3. Physical Aspects -- Protrusive Forces Generated by Dendritic Actin Networks During Cell Crawling / Ovijit Chaudhuri and Daniel A. Fletcher -- Mathematical and Physical Modeling of Actin Dynamics in Motile Cells / Anders E. Carlsson and Alex Mogilner -- Force Production by Actin Assembly: Simplified Experimental Systems for a Thorough Modeling / C. Sykes, J. Prost and J.F. Joanny.
- Actin-binding proteins and disease 2008, Springer
- Activation and detoxification enzymes 2012, Springer
- Active female 2008, SpringerPt.I: Focusing on active female's health issues: unique gender-related psychological and physiological characteristics of females -- Pt.II: Preoccupation with body image issues and disordered eating issues in the acitve female -- Pt.III: Reproductive health -- Pt.IV: Prevention and management of common musculoskeletal injuries in active females -- Pt.V: Safe exercise guidelines throughout the lifespan -- Pt.VI: Nutrition, energy balance, and weight control.
- Active middle ear implants 2010, KargerThe vibrant soundbridge : design and development / Ball, G.R. -- Cost-effectiveness of implantable middle ear hearing devices / Snik, A. ... [et al.] -- Indications and candidacy for active middle ear implants / Wagner, F. ... [et al.] -- Clinical results with an active middle ear implant in the oval window / Hüttenbrink, K.B., Beutner, D., Zahnert, T. -- Experiments on the coupling of an active middle ear implant to the stapes footplate / Zahnert, T., Bornitz, M., Hüttenbrink, K.B. -- The vibrant soundbridge for conductive and mixed hearing losses : European multicenter study results / Baumgartner, W.-D. ... [et al.] -- Clinical experience with the active middle ear implant vibrant soundbridge in sensorineural hearing loss / Pok, S.M., Schlögel, M., Böheim, K. -- The esteem system : a totally implantable hearing device / Maurer, J., Savvas, E. -- Totally implantable active middle ear implants : ten years' experience at the University of Tübingen / Zenner, H.P., Rodriguez Jorge, J.
- Active pharmaceutical ingredients 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Active processes and otoacoustic emissions in hearing 2007, Springer
- Active surveillance for localized prostate cancer 2012, Springer
- Acupuncture therapy for neurological diseases 2010, Springer
- Acute blood purification 2010, Karger"Describes the use of hemodiafiltration to inhibit the cytokine storms which cause serious organ damage in patients with septic shock. Moreover, the technical construction of the blood purification system, which includes various machines, devices, membranes, fluids, etc., is explained in detail. Finally, leading experts discuss the concept of continuous renal replacement therapy as the standard care in critically ill patients with severe acute kidney injury."--Website.
- Decompressive hemicraniectomy for large hemispheric infarctions / Eric Jüttler, Alfred Aschoff, and Stefan Schwab -- Anticoagulation in ischemic stroke / Carolyn A. Cronin and Robert J. Wityk -- Angioplasty and stenting of cervical carotid, intracranial, and vertebral arteries / Aclan Dogan ... [et al.] -- Neuromonitoring in ischemic stroke / Kairash Golshani, Emun Abdu, and Anish Bhardwaj -- Surgical evacuation of intracerebral hemorrhage / Patrick C. Hsieh ... [et al.] -- Management of blood pressure and intracranial hypertension in intracerebral hemorrhage / Gustavo J. Rodríguez, Qaisar A. Shah, and Adnan I. Qureshi --Decompressive hemicraniectomy in the management of severe traumatic brain injury / Ian F. Dunn and Dilantha B. Ellegala -- Cerebroprotective strategies in bedside management of traumatic brain injury / Ganesh M. Shankar, Ian F. Dunn, and Dong H. Kim -- Diffuse axonal injury and dysautonomia / Richard H. Singleton, David O. Okonkwo, and P. David Adelson -- Neuromonitoring in traumatic brain injury / Rene Celis and Claudia S. Robertson -- Hypothermia and pharmacologic coma in the treatment of traumatic brain injury / Gordon Li ... [et al.] -- Pediatric traumatic brain injury / Zachary N. Litvack and Nathan R. Selden --Diagnostic evaluation of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage / Jonathan A. Edlow -- Surgical versus endovascular aneurysmal exclusion / Aaron W. Grossman, Anil V. Yallapragada, and Giuseppe Lanzino -- Diagnosis and medical management of vasospasm and delayed cerebral ischemia / Olga Helena Hernandez and Jose I. Suarez -- Pharmacologic cerebroprotection in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage / Yekaterina Axelrod, Salah Keyrouz, and Michael N. Diringer -- Use of anticonvulsants and corticosteroids in SAH / Panayiotis N. Varelas and Lotfi Hacein-Bey --Management of electrolyte and metabolic derangements in subarachnoid hemorrhage / Tarik Hanane and Eelco F.M. Widjicks -- Management of cardiopulmonary dysfunction in subarachnoid hemorrhage / Thomas P. Bleck -- Neuroradiologic interventional procedures for cerebral vasospasm / Pascal M. Jabbour, Erol Veznedaroglu, and Robert H. Rosenwasser -- Intraoperative management of spinal cord injury / Dawn Dillman and Ansgar Brambrink -- Medical management of acute spinal cord injury / Steven Casha and R. John Hurlbert -- Pediatric spine injury / Brian Jankowitz, David O. Okonkwo, and Christopher Shaffrey.
- Acute pancreatitis / Jean Ellsworth-Wolk -- Acute respiratory distress syndrome / Mercedes K. Young -- Malignant ascites / Deborah Murphy -- Bronchitis obliterans / Laura Milligan and Yvonne D. Martin -- Cardiac tamponade and pericardial effusions / Brenda K. Shelton -- Carotid artery rupture / Catherine Sargent -- Cognitive dysfunction / Nancy Jo Bush -- Depression and anxiety / Nancy Jo Bush -- Diabetes insipidus / Jennifer U. Varma -- Diabetes mellitus / Timothy L. Wren and Kathleen R. Wren -- Disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) / Brenda K. Shelton -- Dyspnea and airway obstruction / Cynthia C. Chernecky and Libby Montoya -- End-of-life care / Cynthia Brown and Kathleen Murphy-Ende -- Esophageal varices / Lori Ann Brown -- Ethics in adult oncology and critical care nursing / Marlene M. Rosenkoetter -- Fever / Angela L. Daniel -- Gastrointestinal obstruction : biliary, gastric, and bowel obstructions / Kathleen Murphy-Ende -- Graft versus host disease / Jill K. Burleson -- Heart failure / Jacqueline R. Gannuscio -- Hemorrhage secondary to cervical cancer / Brenda K. Cobb and Cynthia C. Chernecky -- Hemorrhagic cystitis / Cathy Fortenbaugh -- Hepatic encephalopathy / Kathleen Murphy-Ende -- Tumor-induced hypercalcemia / Kathryn E. Pearson -- Hyperkalemia / Mary Pat Lynch -- Hyperleukocytosis in childhood leukemia / Kristin Casey -- Hypernatremia / Mady Stovall -- Hypersensitivity reactions to chemotherapy / Teresa Kuntzsch and Cassie A. Voge -- Hyperurecemia / Libby Montoya -- Hypokalemia / Mary Pat Lynch -- Hypomagnesemia / Lyle Stuart Baker, Jr., Brenda K. Shelton, and Michael I. Agugo -- Hyponatremia / Cynthia C. Chernecky, Demica N. Jackson, and Angela L. Daniel -- Increased intracranial pressure / Kara L. Penne -- Lactic acidosis, type B / Catherine Sargent -- Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome / Dionne T. Savage -- Malnutrition and cachexia / Kathy G. Kravits and Marcia Grant -- Pain management : nociceptive and neuropathic / Christine Miaskowski -- Pathological fractures / Cynthia C. Chernecky -- Pleural effusions : malignant / Diane G. Cope -- Pulmonary fibrosis / Cynthia C. Chernecky -- Seizures / Mary P. Lovely -- Sepsis and septic shock / Kathy A. Shane -- Sinusoid occlusive syndrome / Patricia C. Buchsel -- Spinal cord compression / Christine Miaskowski -- Spiritual distress in people with cancer / Martha Meraviglia, Carol D. Gaskamp, and Rebecca R. Sutter -- Suicidal ideation / Kathleen Murphy-Ende -- Superior vena cava syndrome / Molly Loney and Nancy Kelly -- Syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone (SIADH) / Jeanne Held-Warmkessel -- Tumor lysis syndrome / Brenda K. Shelton -- Typhlitis in pediatrics / Kaci L. Osenga.
- Acute care surgery 2007, SpringerPart I. General Principles -- Initial Assessment and Early Resuscitation / Louis H. Alarcon and Andrew B. Peitzman -- The Operating Theater for Acute Care Surgery / Kenneth L. Mattox -- Anesthesia and Acute Care Surgery / Omid Moayed and Richard P. Dutton -- Fundamental Operative Approaches in Acute Care Surgery / David J. Ciesla and Ernest E. Moore -- The Perioperative Management of the Acute Care Surgical Patient / Craig M. Coopersmith and Timothy G. Buchman -- The Hemodynamically Labile Patient: Cardiovascular Adjuncts and Assist Devices / Edward E. Cornwell and Preeti R. John -- Principles and Practice of Nutritional Support for Surgical Patients / Maheswari Senthil, Bobby Rupani, Jondavid H. Jabush and Edwin A. Deitch -- The Intensive Care Unit: The Next-Generation Operating Room / Philip S. Barie, Soumitra R. Eachempati and Jian Shou -- Burns / Basil A. Pruitt and Richard L. Gamelli -- Electrical and Lightning Injuries / Raphael C. Lee -- Soft Tissue Infections / Anthony A. Meyer, Jeffrey E. Abrams, Thomas L. Bosshardt and Claude H. Organ -- The Open Abdomen: Management from Initial Laparotomy to Definitive Closure / Fred A. Luchette, Stathis J. Poulakidas and Thomas J. Esposito -- Acute Care Surgery and the Elderly / Patrick K. Kim, Donald R. Kauder and C. William Schwab -- Acute Care Surgery in the Rural Setting / Dana Christian Lynge, Nicholas W. Morris and John G. Hunter -- Prehospital Care in the Acute Setting / Norman E. McSwain -- Disaster and Mass Casualty Management / Eric R. Frykberg -- Principles of Injury Prevention and Control / M. Margaret Knudson and Larisa S. Speetzen -- Education: Surgical Simulation in Acute Care Surgery / Lenworth M. Jacobs and Karyl J. Burns -- Part II. Organ-Based Approach -- Pharynx and Larynx / Ernest M. Myers -- Head and Neck: Pediatrics / Reza Rahbar and Gerald B. Healy -- Esophagus / George C. Velmahos, Nahid Hamoui, Peter F. Crookes and Demetrios Demetriades -- Central Nervous System / Peter B. Letarte -- Chest Wall / John C. Mayberry and Donald D. Trunkey -- Lungs and Pleura / Riyad Karmy-Jones and J. Wayne Meredith -- Heart / Matthew S. Slater -- Thoracic Aorta / Peter I. Ellman and Irving L. Kron -- Diaphragm / Michel B. Aboutanos, Therèse M. Duane, Ajai K. Malhotra and Rao R. Ivatury -- Abdominal Wall / Jeffrey A. Claridge and Martin A. Croce -- Foregut / Philip E. Donahue-- Small Intestine / Juliet Lee, Todd Ponsky and Jeffrey L. Ponsky -- Liver and Biliary Tract / Spiros P. Hiotis and Hersch L. Pachter -- Pancreas / Juan A. Asensio, Patrizio Petrone and L. D. Britt -- Spleen / L. D. Britt -- Intraabdominal Vasculature / George H. Meier and Hosam F. El Sayed -- Colon and Rectum / Herand Abcarian -- Urogenital Tract / Nejd F. Alsikafi, Sean P. Elliott, Maurice M. Garcia and Jack W. McAninch -- Pelvis / Craig M. Rodner and Bruce D. Browner -- Lower Extremities / Tina A. Maxian and Michael J. Bosse -- Hand and Upper Extremities / David T. Netscher and Idris Gharbaoui -- Peripheral Vasculature / David V. Feliciano -- Part III. Administration, Ethics, and Law -- Understanding the Latest Changes in EMTALA: Our Country's Emergency Care Safety Net / Thomas R. Russell -- Informed Surgical Consent / Linda S. Laibstain and Robert C. Nusbaum -- Advance Directives / David G. Jacobs -- The Nonviable Patient and Organ Procurement / Frederic J. Cole, Jay N. Collins and Leonard J. Weireter -- Ethical Dilemmas and the Law / Ira J. Kodner, Daniel M. Freeman, Robb R. Whinney and Douglas J. E. Schuerer -- Part IV. System and Curriculum Development -- Development of a Regional System for Surgical Emergencies (RSSE) / A. Brent Eastman, David B. Hoyt and J. Wayne Meredith -- Acute Care Surgery: A Proposed Curriculum / L. D. Britt and Michael F. Rotondo -- Emergency General Surgery: The Vanderbilt Model / José J. Diaz, Oscar D. Guillamondegui and John A. Morris -- Part V. The International Communities -- Acute Care Surgery: United Kingdom / Bernard F. Ribeiro, Simon Paterson-Brown, Murat Akyol, Michael Walsh and Andrew Sim, et al. -- Acute Care Surgery: Australia / Thomas Kossmann and Ilan S. Freedman -- Acute Care Surgery: Japan / Kyoichi Takaori and Nobuhiko Tanigawa.
- Acute coronary syndrome 2008, Springer
- Acute endocrinology 2008, Springer
- Acute heart failure 2009, Springer
- Acute heart failure 2008, Springer
- Acute ischemic stroke. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Acute kidney injury 2007., Karger
- Acute myelogenous leukemia 2007, SpringerApproaching the treatment of AML from a biological perspective : an overview / Farhad Ravandi and Francis Giles -- Aberrant transcription factors in AML / Alan D. Friedman -- Myelodysplasia-related AML / Jane E. Parker -- Therapy-related AML / Lucy A. Godley and Michelle Le Beau -- The DNA damage response, DNA repair, and AML / David P. Steensma -- Altered apoptosis in AML : potential implications for pathogenesis and therapeutic response / Ruben A. Mesa and Scott H. Kaufmann -- Drug resistance transporters in AML / Douglas D. Ross -- Impact of cytogenetics on clinical outcome in AML / David Grimwade -- APL : a classic tale of bench to bedside / Olga Frankfurt ... [et al.] -- Emerging therapeutics for AML / Edward A. Sausville --FLT3 : a prototype receptor tyrosine kinase target in AML / Mark Levis -- Farnesyl transferase inhibitors in the therapy of AML / Jeffrey E. Lancet -- Modulating gene expression as a therapeutic approach in the treatment of AML / Tamer Fandy, Hetty Carraway, and Steven D. Gore -- Differentiation therapy in AML / Tara L. Lin and William Matsui -- Stem cell transplantation for AML / Javier Bolaños-Meade and Richard J. Jones -- Tumor vaccines in leukemia / Ivan Borrello -- Treatment, outcomes, and challenges of newly diagnosed AML in children and adolescents / Robert J. Arceci -- AML in older adults / Richard M. Stone -- Dameshek smiles : molecular clues to the chronic myeloproliferative disorders unmasked / Jason Gotlib -- New designs for clinical trials / Elihu Estey.
- Acute myelogenous leukemia 2010, Springer
- Acute neuronal injury 2010, Springer
- Acute promyelocytic leukemia 2007, SpringerAPL as a paradigm in biomedical research : a journey toward the cure / P.P. Pandolfi -- Mouse models of acute promyelocytic leukemia / S.C. Kogan -- The PLZF gene of t(11;17)-associated APL / M.J. McConnell and J.D. Licht -- SUMO, the three Rs and cancer / J.-S. Seeler ... [et al.] -- Emerging role for microRNAs in acute promyelocytic leukemia / C. Nervi ... [et al.] -- The theory of APL revisited / P.P. Scaglioni and P.P. Pandolfi -- Treatment of acute promyelocytic leukemia by retinoids / P. Fenaux, Z.Z. Wang, and L. Degos -- Arsenic trioxide and acute promyelocytic leukemia : clinical and biological / Z. Chen ... [et al.] -- Front line clinical trials and minimal residual disease monitoring in acute promyelocytic leukemia / F. Lo-Coco and E. Ammatuna -- Histone deacetylase inhibitors in APL and beyond / K. Petrie, N. Prodomou, and A. Zelent -- Monoclonal antibody therapy of APL / P.G. Maslak, J.G. Jurcic, and D.A. Scheinberg -- Targeting APL fusion proteins by peptide interference / A. Melnick -- The design of selective and non-selective combination therapy for acute promyelocytic leukemia / Y. Jing and S. Waxman.
- Definitions and clinical risk factors / Moss, Thompson -- Epidemiology of acute lung injury : a public health perspective / Rubenfeld -- Radiographic findings of the acute respiratory distress syndrome / Goodman, Quiñones -- Pulmonary pathology of ARDS : diffuse alveolar damage / Kobzik, Sholl -- Pathogenesis of acute lung injury : experimental studies / Baron, Perrella -- Pathogenesis of acute lung injury : clinical studies / Creagh-Brown, Evans -- Apoptosis in the pathogenesis and resolution of the acute lung injury / Matute-Bello, Martin -- Pathogenesis of ventilator-induced lung injury / Valenza, Frank, Imai, Slutsky -- Sepsis in the acute respiratory distress syndrome : treatment implications / Wheeler, Rice -- Transfusion related acute lung injury / Looney, Gajic -- Mechanisms of fibroproliferation in acute lung injury / Morse, Feghali-Bostwick -- Current approaches and recent advances in the genetic epidemiology of acute lung injury/acute respiratory distress syndrome / Gong, Christiani -- Gene expression profiling and biomarkers in ARDS / Howrylak, Choi -- Resolution of alveolar edema : mechanisms and relaltionship to clinical acute lung injury / Ware, Matthay -- Lung vascular dysfunction and repair in acute lung injury : role of the endothelial cytoskeleton / Lang, Chiang, Garcia -- Surfactant therapy in the acute respiratory distress syndrome / Spragg, Lewis -- Prone position in ARDS / Anzueto, Gattinoni -- Mechanical ventilation in the acute respiratory distress syndrome / Brower, Brochard -- Fluid therapy and hemodynamic monitoring in acute lung injury / Calfee, Gupta, Matthay -- Pathogenesis of sSepsis and septis-induced acute lung injury / Harris ... [et al.] -- Cell-based therapy for acute lung injury and acute respiratory distress syndrome / Gupta, Lee, Matthay -- Chemokines and cytokines in ARDS / Keane, Kelly, Streiter.
- Acute stroke 2007
- Acute topics in sport nutrition 2012, KargerBeta-alanine supplementation in high-intensity exercise / Harris, R.C., Sale, C. -- Arginine and citrulline supplementation in sports and exercise : ergogenic nutrients / Sureda, A., Pons, A. -- Dietary nitrate and O2 consumption during exercise / Jones, A.M., Bailey, S.J., Vanhatalo, A. -- GABA supplementation and growth hormone response / Powers, M. -- Exercise, intestinal barrier dysfunction, and probiotic supplementation / Lamprecht, M., Frauwallner, A. -- Pleuran (glucan from pleurotus ostreatus) : an effective nutritional supplement against upper respiratory tract infections / Majtan, J. -- Bovine colostrum and immune function after exercise / Davison, G. -- Supplementation with mixed fruit and vegetable concentrates in relation to exercise, performance and sport : scientific insight and practical relevance / Lamprecht, M. -- Cherry juice targets antioxidant potential and pain relief / Kuehl, K.S. -- Impact of milk consumption and resistance training on body composition of female athletes -- Josse, A.R., Phillips, S.M. -- Glycerol use in hyperhydration and rehydration : scientific update -- Van Rosendal, S.P., Coombes, J.S. -- Salt and fluid loading : effects on blood volume and exercise performance / Mora-Rodriguez, R., Hamouti, N. -- Milk protein and the restoration of fluid balance after exercise / James, L. -- Chocolate milk : a post-exercise recovery beverage for endurance sports / Pritchett, K., Pritchett, R. -- Role of supplementary l-carnitine in exercise and exercise recovery / Huang, A., Owen, K. -- Supplements and inadvertent doping : how big is the risk to athletes? / Judkins, C., Prock, P.
- ADAM family of proteases 2005, SpringerIntroduction to the Adam family / Judith White ... [et al.] -- Studies from Adam knockout mice / Keisuke Hoiruchi and Carl P. Blobel -- Adam8/MS2/CD156a / Jörg W. Bartsch ... [et al.] -- Adam9 / Shoichi Ishiura -- Adam10 / Paul Saftig and Dieter Hartmann -- Adam12 / Ulla M. Wewer, Reidar Albrechtsen and Eva Engvall -- Adam13 function in development / Dominique Alfandari -- Adam17 / Joaquin Arribas and Soraya Ruiz-Paz -- Adam19 / Tiebang Kang ... [et al.] -- Adam28 / Anne M. Fourie -- Mammalian Adams with testis-specific or -predominant expression / Chunghee Cho -- Overview of Adamts proteinases and Adamts 2 / Daniel S. Greenspan and Wei-Man Wang -- Adamts-3 and Adamts-14 / Carine Le Goff and Suneel S. Apte -- Adamts-4 and Adamts-5 / Anne-Marie Malfait, Micky Tortorella and Elizabeth Arner -- Adamts-13 / Han-Mou Tsai.
- Adams and Victor's Principles of neurology. 9th ed. 2009, AccessMedicineApproach to the patient with neurologic disease -- Special techniques for neurologic diagnosis -- Motor paralysis -- Abnormalities of movement and posture caused by disease of the basal ganglia -- Incoordination and other disorders of cerebellar function -- Tremor, myoclonus, focal dystonias, and tics -- Disorders of stance and gait -- Pain -- Other somatic sensation -- Headache and other craniofacial pains -- Pain in the back, neck, and extremities -- Disorders of smell and taste -- Disturbances of vision -- Disorders of ocular movement and pupillary function -- Deafness, dizziness, and disorders of equilibrium -- Epilepsy and other seizure disorders -- Coma and related disorders of consciousness -- Faintness and syncope -- Sleep and its abnormalities -- Delirium and other acute confusional states -- Dementia and the amnesic (korsakoff) syndorme with comments on the neurology of intelligence and memory -- Neurologic disorders caused by lesions in specific parts of the cerebrum -- Disorders of speech and language -- Fatigue, asthenia, anxiety, and depressive reactions -- The limbic lobes and the neurology of emotion -- Disorders of the autonomic nervous system, respiration, and swallowing -- The hypothalamus and neuroendocrine disorders -- Normal development and deviations in development of the nervous system -- The neurology of aging -- Disturbances of cerebrospinal fluid and its circulation, including hydrocephalus, pseudotumor cerebri, and low-pressure syndromes -- Intracranial neoplasms and paraneoplastic disorders -- Infections of the nervous system (bacterial, fungal, spirochetal, parasitic) and sarcoidosis -- Viral infections of the nervous system chronic meningitis, and prion diseases -- Cerebrovascular diseases -- Craniocerebral trauma --Multiple sclerosis and allied demyelinating diseases -- Inherited metabolic diseases of the nervous system -- Developmental diseases of the nervous system -- Degenerative diseases of the nervous system -- The acquired metabolic disorders of the nervous system caused by nutritional deficiency -- Alcohol and alcoholism -- Disorders of the nervous sytem caused by drugs, toxins, and other chemical agents -- Diseases of the spinal cord -- Electrophysiologic and laboratory aids in the diagnosis of neuromuscular disease -- Diseases of the peripheral nerves -- Diseases of the cranial nerves -- Principles of clinical myology: diagnosis and classification of disease of muscle and neuromuscular junction -- The infectious and inflammatory myopathies -- The muscular dystrophies -- The metabolic and toxic myopathies -- The congenital neuromuscular disorders -- Myasthenia gravis and related disorders of the neuromuscular junction -- Ion channel disorders: the periodic paralyses and hereditary nondystrophic myotonias (channelopathies) -- Disorders of muscle characterized by cramp, spasm, pain, and localized masses -- The anxiety neuroses, hysteria, and personality disorders -- Depression and bipolar disease -- The schizophrenias and paranoid states.
- Adaptive and flexible clinical trials 2012, CRCnetBASE1. Background -- 2. Conventional statistics -- 3. Statistics used in adaptive clinical trials -- 4. Specific requirements for adaptive trials -- 5. Adaptive randomization and allocation -- 6. Sample size reestimation -- 7. Traditional dosing -- 8. Adaptive dosing -- 9. Interim analysis and adaptive termination of study and study arms -- 10. Adaptive changes in study design and decision rules -- 11. Seamless designs and adaptive clinical trial conduct -- 12. Analysis and interpretation of results.
- Adaptive design methods in clinical trials 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Adaptive design methods in clinical trials. 2nd ed. 2012, CRCnetBASEProtocol amendment -- Adaptive randomization -- Adaptive hypotheses -- Adaptive dose-escalation trials -- Adaptive group sequential design -- Statistical tests for adaptive seamless designs -- Adaptive sample size adjustment -- Two-stage adaptive design -- Adaptive treatment switching -- Bayesian approach -- Biomarker adaptive trials -- Target clinical trials -- Sample size and power estimation -- Clinical trial simulation -- Regulatory perspectives : a review of FDA draft guidance.
- Adaptive information 2004, WileyPart One. Why Semantic Interoperability?, p. 1-2 -- Chapter 1. Semantic Interoperability Gives IT Meaning, p. 3-22 -- Chapter 2. Information Infrastructure Issues and Problems, p. 23-38 -- Chapter 3. Promise of Frictionless Information, p. 39-65 -- Part Two. Semantic Interoperability Primer, p. 67-68 -- Chapter 4. Foundations in Data Semantics, p. 69-98 -- Chapter 5. Semantic Conflict Solution Patterns, p. 99-125 -- Chapter 6. Metadata Archetypes, p. 127-144 -- Chapter 7. Ontology Design Patterns, p. 145-194 -- Chapter 8. Multimodal Interoperability Architecture, p. 195-221 -- Chapter 9. Infrastructure and E-Business Patterns, p. 223-255 -- Part Three. Adopting Semantic Technologies, p. 257-258 -- Chapter 10. Capability Case Studies, p. 259-304 -- Chapter 11. Adoption Strategies, p. 305-331 -- Chapter 12. Tomorrow's Adaptive and Dynamic Systems, p. 333-346 -- Appendix A. Vendor Profiles, Tools, and Scorecards, p. 347-374 -- Appendix B. Acronyms and Abbreviations, p. 375-378.
- Adaptive motion compensation in radiotherapy 2012, CRCnetBASE"Preface External-beam radiotherapy has long been vexed by the simple fact that patients can (and do) move during the delivery of radiation. The most elegant and forward-looking solution to this reality is to actively adapt the radiation delivery process to the patient's natural movements. Recent advances in imaging and beam delivery technologies have now made this solution a practical reality. The purpose of this book is to present to researchers and clinical practitioners in radiation therapy an overview of the current and prospective state of the art in motion-adaptive radiation therapy. It presents technical reviews of each of the contributing elements of a motion-adaptive system (including target detection and tracking, beam adaptation, and patient realignment), discusses treatment planning issues that arise when the patient and internal target are mobile, describes several integrated motion-adaptive systems that are in clinical use or at advanced stages of development, and concludes with a review of the system control functions that must be an essential part of any therapy device that operates in a near-autonomous manner with limited human interaction. From these chapters, the reader will hopefully gain not only an understanding of the technical aspects and capabilities of motion adaptation but also practical clinical insights into planning and carrying out various types of motion-adaptive radiotherapy treatment"--Provided by publisher.
- Adaptive optics for industry and medicine 2005, Springer
- Adaptive spatial filters for electromagnetic brain imaging 2008, Springer
- Addiction and the medical complications of drug abuse 2008, CRCnetBASEThe Principles of addiction medicine / Duncan Raistrick -- Substitute prescribing : opioid-specific prescribing / Kim Wolff -- Substitute prescribing : buprenorphine maintenance prescribing / Nick Lintzeris -- Treatment of withdrawal symptoms / Joanna Banbery -- Replacement prescribing / Kim Wolff -- Management of comorbidity / Duncan Raistrick -- Toxicologic issues / Kim Wolff -- Medical aspects of drug abuse / Shoshana Zevin and Neal L. Benowitz -- Emergency management of drug abuse / Brett A. Roth, Neal L. Benowitz, and Kent R. Olson.
- Addiction medicine 2011, SpringerThis book attempts to "bridge the gap between the explosion of neuroscientific and behavioral knowledge in the past three decades and treatment delivery in clinical practice. As such, it should fulfill the role of a comprehensive textbook that integrates addiction medicine from its scientific underpinnings to the treatment of patients in clinical settings"--Preface, p. vii.
- Addiction neuroethics. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectWhat is addiction neuroethics and why does it matter? -- Brain Imaging in Addiction -- Molecular Neuroscience and Genetics -- Treating Opioid Dependence with Opioids: Exploring the Ethics -- Addiction Neuroscience and Tobacco Control -- Emerging Neurobiological Treatments of Addiction: Ethical and Public Policy Considerations -- Technical, Ethical and Social Issues in the Bioprediction of Addiction Liability and Treatment Response -- Autonomy, Responsibility and the Oscillation of Preference -- Consent and Coercion in Addiction Treatment -- Toward a Lay Descriptive Account of Identity in Addiction Neuroethics -- The Impact of Changes in Neuroscience and Research Ethics on the Intellectual History of Addiction Research -- The Diction of Addiction at the Intersection of Law and Neuroscience -- Social Epistemology: Communicating Neuroscience -- Population Approaches to Alcohol, Tobacco and Drugs: Effectiveness, Ethics and Interplay with Addiction Neuroscience -- Legal Regulation of Addictive Substances and Addiction -- Investment and Vested Interests in Neuroscience Research of Addiction: Ethical Research Requires More than Informed Consent -- Private and Public Approaches to Addiction Treatment: Evidence and Beliefs.
- Addiction recovery management 2011, Springer
- Addressing multiple behavioral risk factors in primary care Lane Catalog record
- Addressing unhealthy alcohol use in primary care 2013, Springer
- Adeno-associated viral vectors for gene therapy. 1st ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction / 2010, Springer
- Adenosine 2013, SpringerAdenosine and Metabolism--A Brief Historical Note / Bertil B. Fredholm -- Adenosine Metabolism, Adenosine Kinase, and Evolution / Jaoek Park and Radhey S. Gupta -- Adenosine and Energy Metabolism--Relationship to Brain Bioenergetics / Xuesong Chen, Liang Hui and Jonathan D. Geiger -- Adenosine and Autocrine Metabolic Regulation of Neuronal Activity / Masahito Kawamura Jr. and David N. Ruskin -- Physiologic and Metabolic Regulation of Adenosine: Mechanisms / Chris G. Dulla and Susan A. Masino -- The Double-Edged Sword: Gaining Adenosine at the Expense of ATP. How to Balance the Books / Stephanie zur Nedden, Alexander S. Doney and Bruno G. Frenguelli -- Downstream Pathways of Adenosine / Ana M. Sebastião, Sofia Cristóvão-Ferreira and Joaquim A. Ribeiro -- Astrocytic ATP Release / Dustin J. Hines and Philip G. Haydon -- Role of Striatal A2A Receptor Subpopulations in Neurological Disorders / Sergi Ferré, César Quiroz, Marco Orrú, Xavier Guitart and Seema Gulyani, et al. -- Sleep and Adenosine: Human Studies / Tarja Porkka-Heiskanen -- Adenosine and Other Purinergic Products in Circadian Timing / Christine Muheim and Steven A. Brown -- Adenosine in the Immune System / György Hask, Balázs Koscsó́ and Balázs Csóka -- The Bioenergetic Network of Adenosine in Hibernation, Sleep, and Thermoregulation / Kelly L. Drew and Tulasi R. Jinka -- Adenosine and Stroke / Felicita Pedata, Anna Maria Pugliese, Francesca Corti and Alessia Melani -- The Many Roles of Adenosine in Traumatic Brain Injury / Patrick M. Kochanek, Jonathan D. Verrier, Amy K. Wagner and Edwin K. Jackson -- Therapeutic Perspectives of Adenosine Receptor Compounds in Functional Restitution After Spinal Cord Injury / Kwaku D. Nantwi -- Adenosine and Pain / Jana Sawynok -- Symptomatic and Neuroprotective Effects of A2A Receptor Antagonists in Parkinson's Disease / Annalisa Pinna, Nicola Simola, Lucia Frau and Micaela Morelli -- Adenosine Receptors and Alzheimer's Disease / David Blum, Ursula Sandau, Cyril Laurent, Vânia Batalha and Antoine Leboucher, et al. -- Adenosine Receptors in Huntington's Disease / David Blum, Alberto Martire, Sylvie Burnouf, Bernard Sablonnière and Pierre Krystkowiak, et al. -- Adenosine and Multiple Sclerosis / Maria Victoria Sánchez-Gómez, Estibaliz González-Fernández, Rogelio O. Arellano and Carlos Matute -- Adenosinergic Perspectives on Schizophrenia: Opportunity for an Integrative Synthesis / Benjamin K. Yee, Philipp Singer and Detlev Boison -- The Role of Adenosine in the Ventral Striatal Circuits Regulating Behavioral Activation and Effort-Related Decision Making: Importance for Normal and Pathological Aspects of Motivation / John D. Salamone, Merce Correa, Patrick A. Randall, Eric J. Nunes and Marta Pardo, et al. -- Adenosine and Autism: Physiological Symptoms and Metabolic Opportunities / Julia Svedova, Inge-Marie Eigsti and Susan A. Masino -- Stress, Brain Adenosine Signaling, and Fatigue-Related Behavioral Processes / Traci N. Plumb, Sarah R. Sterlace, Kelly A. Cavanaugh and Thomas R. Minor -- Disruption of Adenosine Homeostasis in Epilepsy and Therapeutic Adenosine Augmentation / Detlev Boison -- Ketogenic Diet and Epilepsy: The Role of Adenosine / Jong M. Rho, Beth Zupec-Kania and Susan A. Masino -- Silk: A Biocompatible and Biodegradable Biopolymer for Therapeutic Adenosine Delivery / Eleanor M. Pritchard, Detlev Boison and David L. Kaplan -- Anatomical Distribution of Nucleoside System in the Human Brain and Implications for Therapy / Zsolt Kovács and Arpád Dobolyi.
- ADAR proteins : structure and catalytic mechanism /Rena A. Goodman, Mark R. Macbeth and Peter A. Beal --ADAR proteins : double-stranded RNA and Z-DNA binding domains /Pierre Barraud and Frédéric H.-T. Allain --Editing of neurotransmitter receptor and ion channel RNAs in the nervous system /Jennifer L. Hood and Ronald B. Emeson --Modulation of microRNA expression and function by ADARs /Bjorn-Erik Wulff and Kazuko Nishikura --Nuclear editing of mRNA 3'-UTRs /Ling-Ling Chen and Gordon G. Carmichael --Control of ADAR1 editing of hepatitis delta virus RNAs /John L. Casey --Bioinformatic approaches for identification of A-to-I editing sites /Eli Eisenberg --ADARs : viruses and innate immunity /Charles E. Samuel --Role of ADARs in mouse development /Carl R. Walkley, Brian Liddicoat and Jochen C. Hartner --Regulation and functions of ADAR in Drosophila /Simona Paro, Xianghua Li, Mary A. O'Connell and Liam P. Keegan.
- Adenosine receptors 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Adenosine receptors in health and disease 2009, Springer
- Adenovirus methods and protocols. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2006., Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2006 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Adenoviruses, ad vectors, quantitation, and animal models -- v. 2. Ad proteins and RNA, lifecycle and host interactions, and phylogenetics.
- ADHD in adults 2013, Springer
- Adherence to pediatric medical regimens. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerDefinitions of adherence, types of adherence, problems, and adherence rates -- Consequences of nonadherence and correlates of adherence -- Adherence theories: review, critique, and clinical implications -- Measurement issues: assessing adherence and disease and health outcomes -- Strategies for improving adherence to pediatric medical regimens -- Review of adherence intervention studies and top ten ways to advance research on adherence to pediatric medical regimens.
- Adherens junctions 2012, SpringerIntroduction to adherens junctions: from molecular mechanisms to tissue development and disease -- How AJs evolved -- Evolution of the cadherin-catenin complex -- How cadherins and catenins interact to assemble AJs -- Three-dimensional structure of the cadherin-catenin complex -- Biophysics of cadherin adhesion -- Adherens junction assembly -- How AJs interface with other cellular machinery -- Cytoskeleton and classical cadherin adhesions -- Immunoglobulin superfamily receptors and adherens junctions -- Signaling from the adherens junction -- Adherens junction turnover: regulating adhesion through cadherin endocytosis, degradation, and recycling -- How AJs affect cell behaviour and multicellular development -- Adherens junctions during cell migration -- Adherens junctions and cadherins in Drosophilia development -- Adherens junctions in C. elegans embryonic morphogenesis -- Cadherin function during xenopus gastrulation -- Adherens junctions in mammalian development, homeostasis and disease: lessons from mice -- How AJs affect tissue homeostasis and disease -- Adherens junctions and stem cells -- Adherens junctions and cancer -- Adherens junctions and pathogen entry.
- Adhesion measurement methods 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Adhesion molecules 2007, Springer
- Adhesion molecules 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Adhesion protein protocols. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer Protocols
- Adhesion-GPCRs 2010, SpringerThe adhesion GPCRs : gene repertoire, phylogeny, and evolution / Helgi B. Schith, Karl J.V. Nordstrom, and Robert Fredriksson -- Cadherins : developmental roles and future challenges / Caroline J. Formstone -- Latrophilin signalling in tissue polarity and morphogenesis / Tobias Langenhan and Andreas P. Russ -- GPS proteolytic cleavage of adhesion-GPCRs / Hsi-Hsien Lin ... [et al.] -- The latrophilins : "split-personality" receptors / John-Paul Silva and Yuri A. Ushkaryov -- Studies on the very large G protein-coupled-receptor : from initial discovery to determining its role in sensorineural deafness in higher animals / D. Randy McMillan and Perrin C. White -- Adhesion-GPCRs in the CNS / Natalie Strokes and Xianhua Piao -- GPR56 interacts with extracellular matrix and regulates cancer progression / Lei Xu -- Adhesion-GPCRs in tumorigenesis / Gabriela Aust -- Immunity and adhesion-GPCRs / Simon Yona, Hsi-Hsien Lin, and Martin Stacey -- CD97 in leukocyte trafficking / Jorg Hamann ... [et al.] -- The role of CD97 in regulating adaptive T-cell responses / Ian Spendlove and Ruhcha Sutavani -- F4/80 : the macrophage specific adhesion-GPCR and its role in immunoregulation / Hsi-Hsien Lin ... [et al.] -- Signal transduction mediated through adhesion-GPCRs / Norikazu Mizuno and Hiroshi Itoh -- Emerging roles of brain specific angiogenesis inhibitor 1 / Daeho Park and Kodi S. Ravichandran -- Adhesion-GPCRs in the male reproductive tract / Ben Davies and Christiane Kirchhoff.
- Adhesive interactions in normal and transformed cells 2011, Springer
- Adipokines 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Adipose stem cells and regenerative medicine 2011, Springer
- Adipose tissue and adipokines in health and disease 2007, SpringerThe adipose organ / Saverio Cinti -- Metabolism of white adipose tissue / Michel Beylot -- Leptin / Malaka B. Jackson and Rexford S. Ahima -- Adiponectin / Aimin Xu, Yu Wang, and Karen S.L. Lam -- Vasoactive factors and inflammatory mediators produced in adipose tissue / Gema Frohbeck -- Regulation of the immune response by leptin / Victor Sanchez-Margalet ... [et al.] -- Leptin in autoimmune disease / Giuseppe Matarese -- Leptin and gastrointestinal inflammation / Arvind Batra and Britta Siegmund -- Adiponectin and inflammation / Yuji Matsuzawa -- Macrophages, adipocytes, and obesity / Anthony W. Ferrante, Jr. -- Interactions of adipose and lymphoid tissues / Caroline M. Pond -- Adipose tissue and mast cells: adipokines as Yin-Yang modulators of inflammation / George N. Chaldakov ... [et al.] -- Bone marrow adipose tissue / Patrick Laharrague and Louis Castella -- Environmental aspects of obesity / Lisa Diewald, Myles S. Faith, and Meredith S. Dolan -- The genetics of obesity: five fundamental problems with the famine hypothesis / John R. Speakman -- Developmental perspectives on the origins of obesity / Cristopher W. Kuzawa, Peter D. Gluckman, and Mark A. Hanson -- The epidemiology of obesity / Carol A. Braunschweig -- Inherited and acquired lipodystrophies: disorders of adipose tissue, development, differentiation, and death / Vinaja Simha and Anil Agarwal -- Mechanisms of cachexia / Robert H. Mak and Wai W. Cheung -- Adipose tissue and insulin resistance / Stephen E. Borst -- Adipokines in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease / Ancha Baranova and Zobair M. Younossi -- Adiposity and cancer / Eugenia E. Calle -- Obesity and cardiovascular disease / Alison M. Morris, Paul Poirier, and Robert H. Eckel -- Obesity and asthma / Elisabeth Luder -- Adiposity and kidney disease / Srinivasan Beddhu and Bonnie Ching-Ha Kwan -- Obesity and joint disease / Andrew J. Teichtahl, Anita E. Wluka, and Flavia M. Cicuttini -- Effect of weight loss on disease / Sergio Jose Bardaro, Dennis Hong, and Lee Swanstrom.
- Adipose tissue biology 2012, Springer1. Adipocyte Precursors: Developmental Origins, Self-Renewal, and Plasticity / Christian Dani and Nathalie Billon -- 2. Adipocyte Differentiation / José María Moreno-Navarrete and José Manuel Fernández-Real -- 3. Brown Adipose Tissue / Martin Klingenspor and Tobias Fromme -- 4. White Adipose Tissue / Stephane Gesta and C. Ronald Kahn -- 5. Sex Differences in Body Fat Distribution / Alain Veilleux and André Tchernof -- 6. Macrophages and Inflammation / Elise Dalmas, Joan Tordjman, Michèle Guerre-Millo, and Karine Clément -- 7. Adipocyte Growth and Factors Influencing Adipocyte Life Cycle / Srujana Rayalam and Clifton A. Baile -- 8. The Evolution of Mammalian Adipose Tissue / Caroline M. Pond -- 9. Dietary Determinants of Fat Mass and Body Composition / María A. Zulet, María J. Moreno-Aliaga, and J. Alfredo Martínez -- 10. The Genetic Determinants of Common Obesity-Susceptibility / Ruth J.F. Loos -- 11. Early Origins of Obesity and Developmental Regulation of Adiposity / Shalini Ojha and Helen Budge.
- Adipose tissue development 2010, KargerHuman lipodystrophies : genetic and acquired diseases of adipose tissue / Capeau, J. ... [et al.] -- The emergence of adipocytes / Laharrague, P.; Casteilla, L. -- Adipose tissue and the reproductive axis : biological aspects / Hausman, G.J.; Barb, C.R -- Unraveling the obesity and breast cancer links : a role for cancer-associated adipocytes? / Dirat, B. ... [et al.] -- Early determinants of obesity / Ong, K -- Metabolic syndrome in childhood : causes and effects / Weiss, R. -- Pathophysiology of insulin resistance in small for gestational age subjects : a role for adipose tissue? / Beltrand, J.; Meas, T.; Levy-Marchal, C. -- The neural feedback loop between the brain and adipose tissues / Pénicaud, L.
- Adipose tissue protocols. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer Protocols
- Adipose-derived stem cells 2011, Springer ProtocolsIsolation and culture of rhesus adipose-derived stem cells -- Isolation of human adipose-derived stem cells from lipoaspirates -- Isolation of murine adipose-derived stem cells -- In vitro adult rat adipose tissue-derived stromal cell isolation and differentiation -- In vitro adult canine adipose tissue-derived stromal cell growth characteristics -- Adipogenic differentiation of adult equine mesenchymal stromal cells -- Isolation and culture of porcine adipose tissue-derived somatic stem cells -- Automated isolation and processing of adipose-derived stem and regenerative cells -- Methods for the purification and characterization of human adipose-derived stem cells -- Characterization of human adipose-derived stem cells using flow cytometry -- Evaluation of cellular and humoral immune responses to allogeneic adipose-derived stem/stromal cells -- Adipose-derived stromal cells: Cytokine expression and immune cell contaminants -- Gel-based and gel-free proteomic technologies -- Adipogenic differentiation of adipose-derived stem cells -- Three-dimensional culture systems to induce chondrogenesis of adipose-derived stem cells -- Neural differentiation of human adipose tissue-derived stem cells -- Osteogenic differentiation strategies for adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells -- Generation of adipose stromal cell-derived hepatic cells -- Adipose stem cell differentiation into smooth muscle cells -- Endothelial and cardiac regeneration from adipose tissues -- Epithelial differentiation of human adipose-derived stem cells -- Screening for epigenetic target genes that enhance reprogramming using lentiviral-delivered shRNA -- Adipogenic differentiation of human adipose-derived stem cells on 3D silk scaffolds -- A first approach for the production of human adipose tissue-derived stromal cells for therapeutic use -- Viral transduction of adipose-derived stem cells -- Use of adipose-derived stem cells in high-throughput screening to identify modulators of lipogenesis -- Preservation protocols for human adipose tissue-derived adult stem cells -- Soft tissue reconstruction -- Methods for analyzing microRNA expression and function during osteogenic differentiation of human adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells -- The generation and the manipulation of human multipotent adipose-derived stem cells -- Cell sheet technology for tissue engineering: The self-assembly approach using adipose-derived stromal cells -- Differentiation of adipose-derived stem cells for tendon repair -- Adipose-derived stem cells for skin regeneration -- Adipose-derived stem cells for periodontal tissue regeneration.
- Adjuvant therapy for breast cancer 2009, Springer
- Adobe AIR 1.5 cookbook. 1st ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.AIR basics -- Application settings -- Application windows -- Screens -- HTML content -- PDF support -- Clipboard support -- Drag and drop support -- File system integration -- Embedded SQL database programming -- Encrypted local store -- Application and window native menus -- Taskbar and dock integration -- File types -- Service monitor framework -- Application updates -- AIR application distribution with the broswer API.
- Adolescent athlete. [1st ed.] 2007, SpringerPrinciples of rehabilitation / Michelina C. Cassella and Kathleen Richards -- Diagnostic Imaging / Vernon M. Chapman and Diego Jaramillo -- Traumatic head injuries / Laura Purcell -- Cervical and thoracic spine injuries / Pierre d' Hemecourt and Jessica Flynn Deede -- Lumbar spine injuries / Merrilee Zetaruk -- Thoracoabdominal injuries / Hamish Kerr, Christine Curtis, and Pierre d' Hemecourt -- Adolescent shoulder injuries / John A. Guido, Jr. and Treg Brown -- Elbow and forearm injuries / Anthony Luke, Margaret Lee, and Marc Safran -- Injuries to the wrist, hand, and fingers / Donald S. Bae -- Pelvic, hip, and thigh injuries / Jason H. Nielson -- Knee injuries / Michelle McTimoney -- Lower leg injuries / Angela D. Smith -- Foot and ankle injuries / Angus M. McBryde, Jr., Mark D. Locke, and John P. Batson.
- Adolescent health care. 5th ed. 2008, Ovid
- Adolescent substance abuse 2009, Springer1A Selected Social History of the Stepping-Stone Drugs /Thomas P. Gullotta1 --2A Biological/Genetic Perspective: The Addicted Brain /Thomas H. Kelly, Alessandra N. Kazura, Karen M. Lommel, Shanna Babalonis, Catherine A. Martin15 --3Individual Characteristics and Needs Associated with Substance Misuse of Adolescents and Young Adults in Addiction Treatment /Michael L. Dennis, Michelle K. White, Melissa L. Ives45 --4Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment: A Review of Evidence-Based Research /Ken C. Winters, Andria M. Botzet, Tamara Fahnhorst, Randy Stinchfield, Rachel Koskey73 --5Adolescent Outpatient Treatment /Richard Dembo, Randolph D. Muck97 --6Evidence-Based Family Treatment of Adolescent Substance Abuse and Dependence /Shaun I. Calix, Mark A. Fine119 --7Residential Treatment of Adolescents with Substance Use Disorders: Evidence-Based Approaches and Best Practice Recommendations /Robert W. Plant, Peter Panzarella135 --8Primary Prevention in Adolescent Substance Abuse /Martin Bloom, Thomas P. Gullotta155 --9Religious Involvement and Adolescent Substance Use /Terrence D. Hill, Amy M. Burdette, Michael L. Weiss, Dale D. Chitwood171 --10School Prevention /Zili Sloboda191 --11Community Prevention Handbook on Adolescent Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment: Evidence-Based Practices /Elizabeth J. D'Amico, Matthew Chinman, Stefanie A. Stern, Abraham Wandersman213 --Epilogue: The Status of Knowledge Development and the Unknown /Michele Staton-Tindall, Thomas P. Gullotta, William Walton Stoops, Carl G. Leukefeld251.
- Adoptive immunotherapy 2005, Springer ProtocolsAdenoviral transduction of dendritic cells / Rienk Offringa ... [et al.] -- Generation of autologous peptide- and protein-pulsed dendritic cells for patient-specific immunotherapy / David O'Neill and Nina Bhardwaj -- Phenotypical and functional characterization of clinical-grade dendritic cells / I. Jolanda M. de Vries ... [et al.] -- Dendritic cells in clinical trials for multiple myeloma / Volker L. Reichardt and Peter Brossart -- Identification of tumor-associated autoantigens with SEREX / Özlem Türeci ... [et al.] -- Application of proteomics and protein analysis for biomarker and target finding for immunotherapy / Petra Weingarten ... [et al.] -- Isolation and expansion of tumor-reactive cytotoxic T-cell clones for adoptive immunotherapy / Helga Bernhard ... [et al.].Exploiting dendritic cells for active immunotherapy of cancer and chronic infection / David O'Neill and Nina Bhardwaj -- A mathematical approach for optimizing dendritic cell-based immunotherapy / Gennady Bocharov, Neville J. Ford, and Burkhard Ludewig -- Delivery of tumor antigens to dendritic cells using biodegradable microspheres / Ying Waeckerle-Men, Bruno Gander, and Markus Groettrup -- RNA transfection of dendritic cells / Frank Grünebach, Martin R. Müller, and Peter Brossart -- Isolation and generation of clinical-grade dendritic cells using the CliniMACS system / John D.M. Campbell ... [et al.] -- Generation of clinical grade monocyte-derived dendritic cells using the CliniMACS system / Thomas Putz ... [et al.].Regulatory T cells in antitumor therapy: isolation and functional of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T-cells / Helmut Jonuleit and Edgar Schmitt -- Monoclonal antibody-based strategies in autoimmunity and transplantation / Lucienne Chatenoud -- Producing bispecific and bifunctional antibodies / Dipankar Das and Mavanur R. Suresh -- Antibody/cytokine fusion proteins for the therapy of cancer / Gustavo Helguera and Manuel L. Penichet -- Synthesis and biological evaluation of a paclitaxel immunoconjugate / Ahmad Safavy and Kevin P. Raisch -- Cytotoxic tumor targeting with scFv antibody-modified liposomes / Cornelia Marty and Reto A. Schwendener -- Intravenous immunoglobin treatment for fibrosis, atherosclerosis, and malignant conditions / Ilan Krause and Yehuda Shoenfeld --Tracking adoptively transferred antigen-specific T-cells with peptide/MHC multimers / Norbert Meidenbauer and Andreas Mackensen -- Gene transfer of MHC-restricted receptors / Helmut W.H.G. Kessels, Monika C. Wolkers, and Ton N.M. Schumacher -- Immunotherapy with CTL restricted by nonself MHC / Liquan Gao, Anne-Marie Downs, and Hans J. Stauss -- Designing TCR for cancer immunotherapy / Ralf-Holger Voss, Jürgen Kuball, Matthias Theobald -- Isolation and expansion of tumor-specific CD4+ T-cells by means of cytokine secretion / Christian Becker -- Methods for the ex vivo characterization of human CD8+ T subsets based on gene expression and replicative history analysis / Nathalie Rufer, Patrick Reichenbach, and Pedro Romero --
- Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Ronco, C., Kellum, J., Bellomo, R., Mehta, R. -- Implementation of novel biomarkers in the diagnosis, prognosis, and management of acute kidney injury : executive summary from the tenth consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / McCullough, P.A., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) Consensus Group -- Diagnosis of acute kidney injury using functional and injury biomarkers : workgroup statements from the tenth Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative Consensus Conference / McCullough, P.A., for the ADQI 10 Workgroup -- Differential diagnosis of AKI in clinical practice by functional and damage biomarkers : workgroup statements from the tenth Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative Consensus Conference / Endre, Z.H., for the ADQI 10 Workgroup -- Use of biomarkers to assess prognosis and guide management of patients with acute kidney injury / Cruz, D.N., for the ADQI 10 Workgroup -- Physiological biomarkers of acute kidney injury : a conceptual approach to improving outcomes / Okusa, M.D., for the ADQI 10 Workgroup -- Pathophysiology of the cardiorenal syndromes : executive summary from the eleventh onsensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / McCullough, P.A., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) Consensus Group.Pathogenesis of cardiorenal syndrome type 1 in acute decompensated heart failure : workgroup statements from the eleventh consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Haase, M., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) Consensus Group -- Pathophysiology of cardiorenal syndrome type 2 in stable chronic heart failure : workgroup statements from the eleventh consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Cruz, D.N., ; for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) Consensus Group -- Cardiorenal syndrome type 3 : pathophysiologic and epidemiologic considerations / Bagshaw, S.M., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative 11 Working Group -- Cardiorenal syndrome type 4 : insights on clinical presentation and pathophysiology from the eleventh consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Tumlin, J.A., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) 11 Consensus Group -- Cardiorenal syndrome type 5 : clinical presentation, pathophysiology, and management strategies from the eleventh consensus conference of the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) / Mehta, R.L., for the Acute Dialysis Quality Initiative (ADQI) 11 Working Group.
- Adrenal glands 2005, Springer
- Adrenal imaging 2009, SpringerAdrenal embryology and pathology -- Adrenocortical dysfunction -- Adrenal medullary dysfunction -- Adrenals in oncology -- Adrenal surgery -- Imaging adrenal dysfunction -- Imaging of pheochromocytomas -- Adrenal imaging using computed tomography: differentiation of adenomas and metastasis -- MRI of the adrenal glands -- Single photon imaging of the adrenal gland -- PET and PET-CT imaging of adrenal lesions -- Adrenal trauma and intervention -- Evolving functional and advanced image analysis techniques for adrenal lesion characterization.
- Adrenergic receptors 2006, Springer
- Adrenocortical carcinoma 2011, Springer
- Adrenomedullin in cardiovascular disease 2005, Springer
- Adsorption and transport at the nanoscale 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Adult acute lymphocytic leukemia 2011, SpringerA perspective on the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in adults -- Acute lymphocytic leukemia: clinical features and making the diagnosis -- The biology of adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Minimal residual disease in acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Cytogenetics -- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia: epidemiology -- Prognostic factors in adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) -- The generalized care of the patient with acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in middle-age and older adults -- Pharmacology of acute lymphoblastic leukemia therapy -- Assessment of response to treatment -- T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Burkitt lymphoma and leukemia -- Treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in young adults -- Philadelphia chromosome positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Molecular therapies -- Treatment of relapsed acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Allogeneic stem cell transplantation for acute lymphoblastic leukemia in adults -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in Philadelphia-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Special challenges: genetic polymorphisms and therapy -- Late consequences of therapy of acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Immunotherapy for acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Unique subtypes in acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Adult ADHD. Third edition. 2013, Springer
- Adult and embryonic stem cells 2012, Springer
- Adult and pediatric spine. 3rd ed. 2004, Ovid
- Adult and pediatric urology. 4th ed. 2002, Ovid
- Adult hip. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- Adult obesity 2003, CRCnetBASEObesity: a global problem / Philip Ames -- Over-nutrition or under-activity? / Ken Fox -- Do our genes make us fat? / Philippe Froguel -- The seeds are sown in childhood / Terence Wilkin -- Social inequalities and obesity / Suzi Leather -- Self-image and self-perception / Andrew Hill -- The view from primary care / Ian Campbell -- Adult obesity: a paediatric challenge / David Hall.
- Adult reconstruction 2007, Ovid
- Total hip arthroplasty / Sharat K. Kusuma and Jonathan P. Garino -- Total knee arthroplasty / Javad Parvisi, Peter Sharkey, and James A. Sanfilippo -- Ankle arthroplasty / Sudheer Reddy, David I. Pedowitz, and Enyi Okereke -- Shoulder arthroplasty / Joseph A. Abboud, Charles L. Getz, and Gerald R. Williams, Jr. -- Elbow arthroplasty / Bradford Parsons, Sudheer Reddy, and Matthew L. Ramsey --Total joint replacement. Effects of materials and designs on osteolysis / Ian C. Clarke, Thomas Donaldson, and Christopher Jobe ; Greater expectations and greater loads : implications for biomechanics / Edward Ebramzadeh, Sophia N. Sangiorgio, and Ian C. Clarke -- Joint kinematics and biomechanics of the hip and knee / Craig L. Israelite ... [et al.] -- Joint biology / David Glaser -- Biology of bone graft / Gregory F. Carolan, Kingsley R. Chin, and Matthew Werger -- Joint anatomy / Mark I. Froimson, Robert Molloy, and Steve Maschke -- Arthritis / Neil P. Sheth and Charles L. Nelson -- Preoperative assessment / William G. Hamilton and Ehsan Tabaraee --Total wrist arthroplasty / David J. Bozentka and Robert B. Carrigan -- Arthroplasty in the joints of the hand / Pedro K. Beredjiklian, Virak Tan, and Sanjiv Naidu -- Limb salvage techniques in lower extremity segmental bone defects / Harish S. Hosalkar, Kristofer J. Jones, and Richard D. Lackman -- Outcomes assessment / Norman A. Johanson and Douglas L. Cerynik -- Particle disease and implant allergy / Nadim J. Hallab and Joshua J. Jacobs.
- Adult stem cells 2006, ScienceDirectEctoderm -- Mesoderm -- Endoderm -- Extraembryonic and perinatal stem cells.
- Adult stem cells 2011, Springer
- Advanced bacterial genetics 2007, ScienceDirectStrain collections and genetic nomenclature / S.R. Maloy ... [et al.] -- Use of antibiotic-resistant transposons for mutagenesis / S.R. Maloy -- In vivo mutagenesis using EZ-Tn5 / J.R. Kirby -- Identification of essential genes in bacteria / D.R. Hillyard ... [et al.] -- Isolation of transposon insertions / S.R. Maloy -- Localized mutagenesis / S.R. Maloy -- Generation of deletions and duplications using transposons as portable regions of homology with emphasis on Mud and Tn10 transposons / K.T. Hughes -- Target-directed proteolysis in vivo / M. Eser ... [et al.] -- Sets of transposon-generated sequence-tagged mutants for structure-function analysis and engineering / B. Traxler ... [et al.] -- Using genomic microarrays to study insertional/transposon mutant libraries / D.N. Baldwin ... [et al.] -- Screening transposon mutant libraries using full-genome oligonucleotide microarrays / K. M. Winterberg ... [et al.] -- Creating recombination-activated genes and sequence-defined mutant libraries using transposons / L. Gallagher ... [et al.] -- Use of operon and gene fusions to study gene regulation in Salmonella / K.T. Hughes ... [et al.] -- Genomic screening for regulatory genes using the T-POP transposon / C. Lee ... [et al.] -- Recombineering: In vivo genetic engineering in E. coli, S. enterica, and beyond / J.A. Sawitzke ... [et al.] -- [lambda]-red genetic engineering in Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium / J.E. Karlinsey -- Probing nucleoid structure in bacteria using phage lambda integrase-mediated chromosome rearrangements / N. Garcia-Russell ... [et al.] -- Dissecting nucleic acid-protein interactions using challenge phage / S.R. Maloy ... [et al.] -- Mud-P22 / J.A. Crain ... [et al.] -- Phage metagenomics / V. Casas ... [et al.].
- Advanced Bayesian methods for medical test accuracy 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Advanced bioimaging technologies in assessment of the quality of bone and scaffold materials 2007, Springer
- Chapter 1. An Introduction to Set Theory, p. 1-20 -- Chapter 2. Basic Concepts in Linear Algebra, p. 21-56 -- Chapter 3. Limits and Continuity of Functions, p. 57-92 -- Chapter 4. Differentiation, p. 93-131 -- Chapter 5. Infinite Sequences and Series, p. 132-204 -- Chapter 6. Integration, p. 205-260 -- Chapter 7. Multidimensional Calculus, p. 261-326 -- Chapter 8. Optimization in Statistics, p. 327-402 -- Chapter 9. Approximation of Functions, p. 403-436 -- Chapter 10. Orthogonal Polynomials, p. 437-470 -- Chapter 11. Fourier Series, p. 471-516 -- Chapter 12. Approximation of Integrals, p. 517-556 -- Appendix: Solutions to Selected Exercises, p. 557-651.
- Course overview -- The systematic approach: the BLS and ACLS surveys -- Effective resuscitation: team dynamics -- Systems of care -- The ACLS cases.
- Vital signs -- Head, ears, nose, and throat (HENT) -- Eye -- Cardiology -- Chest/lungs -- Abdomen -- Neurology -- Finger, thumb, hand, wrist -- Elbow -- Shoulder -- Hip/back -- Knee -- Foot/ankle -- Dermatology -- Obstetrics & gynecology -- Male genitalia.
- Advanced concepts in fluorescence sensing v. 10, 2005., Springerpt. A. Small molecule sensing -- pt. B. Macromolecular sensing.
- Advanced concepts in surgical research 2012, Thieme1. Factorial Randomized Trials -- Summary -- Introduction -- Randomized clinical trial design strategies with multiple interventions -- Selecting a factorial randomized design -- Conclusion -- 2. Expertise-based randomized trials -- Summary -- Introduction -- Conventional RCT design -- Expertise-based RCT design -- Challenges of expertise-based RCTs -- Independent assessor -- Balanced and consecutive or random contributions to screening pool -- Perceived equivalence between practices -- Conclusion -- 3. Randomization systems and technology -- Summary -- Introduction -- Methods of patient allocation -- Other considerations -- Conclusion -- 4. Blinding and concealment -- Summary -- Introduction -- Concealment -- Blinding -- Conclusion -- 5. Composite outcome in orthopaedics: understanding the concepts -- Summary -- Introduction -- Rationale for use of a composite outcome -- Limitations of using composite outcomes -- Guidelines for creating a "good" composite outcome -- Reporting and interpreting composite outcomes -- Conclusion -- 6. Adjudication of outcomes-systems and approaches -- Summary -- Introduction -- Importance of adjudication -- Process of adjudication -- Existing methods of adjudication -- Web-based adjudication -- Conclusion -- 7. Subgroup analyses -- Summary -- Introduction -- Subgroup analysis defined -- Design of a subgroup analysis -- Reporting -- Interpretation -- Conclusion -- 8. Trial management-advance concepts and systems -- Summary -- Introduction -- Phases of clinical trials -- Common considerations in conducting a clinical trial -- Trial committees -- The search for funding -- Conclusion 9. Case-control studies -- Summary -- Introduction -- Definition of a case-control study -- Conclusion -- 10. Cohort studies -- Summary -- Introduction -- Cohort studies in the hierarchy of evidence -- Types of cohort study designs -- Methods for reducing confounding and assessing causality -- A checklist to evaluate or improve the strength of evidence -- Conclusion --; 11. Survey Design -- Summary -- Introduction -- Identifying a research question -- Survey development -- Survey design -- Using exiting surveys -- survey validataion -- Pilot testing -- Survey administration -- Ethical considerations -- Financial considerations -- Conclusion -- 12. Qualitative studies -- Summary -- Introduction -- What is qualitative research? -- How is qualitative research done? -- Conclusion -- 13. Economic analysis -- Summary -- Introduction -- Theoretical background -- Conducting health economics studies -- Conclusion -- 14. Literature searches -- Summary -- Introduction -- When to conduct a literature search -- How to conduct a literature search -- Study selection -- Assessing methodological quality of studies -- Data extraction and analysis -- Conclusion -- 15. Summary -- Introduction -- the P value does not assess the magnitude of a treatment effect -- The challenge of comparing results across studies -- Types of effect sizes -- Confidence intervals for effect sizes -- Use of effect size in meta-analysis -- Conclusion -- 16. Fixed effects versus random effects -- Summary -- Introduction -- the data pool: fixed effects versus random effects -- Deciding which model to use -- Conclusion -- 17. Heterogeneity -- Summary -- Introduction -- Heterogeneity defined -- Identifying heterogeneity -- Dealing with heterogeneity -- Conclusion -- 18. Uncovering publicatiion bias -- Summary -- Introduction -- Authors and publication bias -- Detecting and adjusting for publication bias -- Minimizing the effect of publication bias -- A possible solution: trial registers -- Conclusion -- 19. Statiecal pooling - programs and systems -- Summary -- Introduction -- Selectin the appropriate programs and systems: factors to consider --Review of programs and systems -- Types of programs and systems -- Recommendations -- Conclusion -- 20. Meta-analysis of observational studies -- Summary -- Introduction -- The observational data dilemma -- Conclusion -- 21. Meta-regression -- Summary -- Introduction -- Heterogeneity and meta-regression -- Meta-regression mechanics -- Interpreting a meta-regression -- Limitations of meta-regression -- Conclusion -- 22. Preparing a statistical analysis plan -- Summary -- Introduction -- Data management -- Statistical procedures -- Data safety and monitoring board -- Sample size -- Interim analysis -- Reports to investigators -- Sensitivity analysis -- Tables of presentation and publication -- Software -- Reporting guidelines -- General policies -- Privacy considerations -- Apendices -- What is in the literature about SAP? -- Conclusion --; 24. Survival analysis -- Summary -- Introduction -- Documenting time-to-event (survival) data -- the rationale for time-to-event (survival) analysis -- Methods for survival analysis -- Comparing groups -- Practical considerations in the desin of time-to-event studies -- Conclusion -- 25. Interim analyses in randomized trials -- Summary -- Introduction -- Interim analysis defined -- Design of an interim analysis -- Data monitoring committees -- Consequences of stopping early for benefit -- Conclusion -- 26. Conflicts of interest reporting -- Summary -- Introduction -- Legal implications -- Types of conflict of interest -- Who should disclose conflicts of interest? -- When must conflicts of interest be disclosed? -- Guidelines and recommendations for disclosure -- Why must personal financial interests be disclosed? -- Alternatives to disclosure policies -- Conclusion -- 27. Authorship-modern approaches and reporting -- Summary -- Introduction -- Academic stream -- Educational stream -- Industrial stream -- Popular media stream -- Conclusion -- 28. Randomized trials reporting checklists -- Summary -- Introduction -- Consort statement -- Nonpharmacological trials -- NPT extension to consort statement -- CLEAR NPT -- Conclusion -- 29. Observational studies reporting checklists -- Summary -- Introduction -- Checklist for observational studies: the STROBE statement -- Guide to investigators: how to used the STROBE statement -- The STROBE statement: explanations of checklist items -- Conclusion -- 30. Meta-analysis reporting checklists -- Summary -- Introduction -- Meta-analysis reporting checklists -- Conclusion -- Resources and contacts for surgical research -- Summary -- Introduction -- Mentorship -- Graduate programes -- Online courses -- Textbooks and journals -- Courses and workshops -- Contract research organizations -- Conclusion -- Glossary of terms.
- Advanced data mining technologies in bioinformatics books24x7, SUNet ID login required."This book covers research topics of data mining on bioinformatics presenting the basics and problems of bioinformatics and applications of data mining technologies pertaining to the field"--Provided by publisher.
- Advanced electroporation techniques in biology and medicine 2010, CRCnetBASE"A reflection of the intense study of the effects of electromagnetic fields on living tissues that has taken place during the last several decades, this book discusses the theoretical and experimental evidence and considerations the effects of strong electromagnetic fields and/or electric pulses and their importance in medicine and biology. The authors present the basic techniques applied in electroporation and the advanced methods for creation of nanopores, highlighting their basic science and clinical applications. Topics include nano electroporation, classic electroporation, experimental evidence for electroporation of living cells, and electroporation for cancer and wound healing"--Provided by publisher.
- Advanced endourology 2006, Springer
- Advanced image processing in magnetic resonance imaging 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Advanced imaging of the abdomen 2006, Springer
- Advanced initiatives in interprofessional education in Japan 2010, Springer
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerGeneral concepts -- Cholecystectomy -- Common bile duct explorations and bilioenteric anastomosis -- Laparoscopic liver surgery -- Esophageal surgery -- Gastric surgery -- Appendectomy -- Colorectal procedures -- Small bowel obstruction -- Inguinal hernia repair -- Incisional and ventral hernia repair including component separation -- Splenectomy (total and partial) and splenopancreatectomy -- Adrenalectomy -- Bariatric surgery -- Single-access laparoscopic surgery (SALS) -- Advanced laparoscopic suturing techniques.
- Advanced Microsoft Office documents 2007 edition inside out 2007, ProQuest Safari
- Advanced operative dentistry 2011, ScienceDirectManagement of dental caries / David Ricketts, Graham Chadwick and Andrew Hall -- Periodontal disease / Angela Gilbert -- Endodontic problems in advanced operative dentistry / William Saunders -- Tooth wear / David Bartlett -- Aesthetic problems / David Bartlett -- Occlusion / David Ricketts -- Cores / Carol Tait and David Rickett -- Gold crowns / John Radford, Brian Stevenson -- Gold restorations / Graham Chadwick, John Radford and David Ricketts -- Metal ceramic crowns / Brian Stevenson -- All ceramic crowns / Andrew Hal and Graham Chadwick -- Inlays, onlays, and veneers / David Bartlett and David Ricketts -- Impression materials and techniques / David Ricketts -- Provisional restorations / John Radford and David Ricketts -- Getting the appearance correct / Brian Stevenson -- Complex multiple fixed and combined fixed and removable prosthodontics / David Bartlett and David Ricketts -- When and how to replace missing teeth / David Ricketts -- Minimal preparation (resin retained) bridges / David Ricketts -- Conventional bridges / David Bartlett and David Ricketts.
- Advanced organic chemistry. 5th ed. pt. A-B, 2007., Springerpt. B, 2007 Springerpt. A. Structure and mechanisms -- pt. B. Reactions and synthesis.
- Advanced Perl programming. 2nd ed. 2005., ProQuest Safari
- Advanced pharmaceutics 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Advanced practice nursing. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog record
- A brief history of advanced practice nursing in the United States / Arlene W. Keeling -- Conceptualizations of advanced practice nursing / Judith A. Spross and Marjorie Thomas Lawson -- A definition of advanced practice nursing / Ann B. Hamric -- Role development of the advanced practice nurse / Karen A. Brykczynski -- Direct clinical practice / Mary Fran Tracy -- Expert coaching and guidance / Judith A. Spross -- Consultation / Anne-Marie Barron and Patricia A. White -- Research / Judith A. DePalma -- Clinical, professional, and systems leadership / Judith A. Spross and Charlene M. Hanson -- Collaboration / Charlene M. Hanson and Judith A. Spross -- Ethical decision making / Ann B. Hamric and Sarah A. Delgado -- The clinical nurse specialist / Patricia S.A. Sparacino and Cathy C. Cartwright -- The primary care nurse practitioner / Ann Reid Anderson and Eileen T. O'Grady -- The acute care nurse practitioner / Marilyn Hravnak ... [et al.] -- The blended role of the clinical nurse specialist and the nurse pracitioner / Patricia M. Hentz and Ann B. Hamric -- The certified nurse-midwife / Cheryl A. Sarton and Maureen A. Kelley -- The certified registered nurse anesthetist / Margaret Faut-Callahan and Michael J. Kremer -- Evolving and innovative opportunities for advanced practice nursing / Jeanne Salyer and Ann B. Hamric -- Business planning and reimbursement mechanisms / Charlene M. Hanson and Sally D. Bennett -- Marketing and contracting considerations / Donna R. Hodnicki -- Understanding regulatory, legal, and credentialing requirements / Charlene M. Hanson -- Health policy issues in changing environments / Eileen T. O'Grady and Jean E. Johnson -- Strengthening advanced practice nursing in organizational structures : administrative considerations / Brenda M. Nevidjon and Cynthia J. Simonson -- Outcomes evaluation and performance improvement : an integrative review of research on advanced practice nursing / Gail L. Ingersoll -- Outcomes evaluation and performance improvement : using data and information technology to improve practice / Vicky A. Mahn-DiNicola.
- Advanced protocols for animal transgenesis 2011, SpringerPatent and licensing issues in transgenic technology /Karen S. Canady --Global resources : including gene trapped ES cell clones -- is your gene already knocked out /Lluis Montoliu --Designing transgenes for optimal expression /Eduardo Molto, Cristina Vicente-Garcıa, and Lluis Montoliu --Gene targeting vector design for embryonic stem cell modifications /Thomas L. Saunders --Transgenic production benchmarks /Thomas J. Fielder and Lluis Montoliu --Generation of transgenic mice by pronuclear microinjection /Katja Becker and Boris Jerchow --Generation of transgenic rats using microinjection of plasmid DNA or lentiviral vectors /Severine Menoret ... [et al.] --Generation of transgenic animals by use of YACs /Almudena Fernandez, Diego Munoz, and Lluis Montoliu --BAC transgenes, DNA purification, and transgenic mouse production /Michael G. Zeidler, Margaret L. Van Keuren, and Thomas L. Saunders --Generation of transgenic animals with lentiviral vectors /Carlos Lois --Vertebrate transgenesis by transposition /Aron Geurts, Darius Balciunas, and Lajos Mates --Rat spermatogonial stem cell-mediated gene transfer /Karen M. Chapman ... [et al.] --Mouse cloning by nuclear transfer /Sayaka Wakayama, Nguyen Van Thuan, and Teruhiko Wakayama --Gene targeting in embryonic stem cells /Elizabeth D. Hughes and Thomas L. Saunders --Importance of mouse ES cell line selection /Wojtek Auerbach and Anna B. Auerbach --Tetraploid complementation assay /Marina Gertsenstein --Combining ES cells with embryos /Elizabeth Williams ... [et al.] --Derivation of murine ES cell lines /Kristina Nagy and Jennifer Nichols --Rat embryonic stem cell derivation and propagation /Ping Li ... [et al.] --Induced pluripotency : generation of iPS cells from mouse embryonic fibroblasts /Han Li ... [et al.] --Preparation and analysis of DNA for use in transgenic technology /Anna B. Auerbach, Peter J. Romanienko, and Willie H. Mark --Colony management /Karen Brennan --Cryopreservation /B. Pintado and J. Hourcade --Shipment of mice and embryos /Shirley Pease --Pathogen-free mouse rederivation by IVF, natural mating and hysterectomy /J.M. Sztein, R.J. Kastenmayer, and K.A. Perdue --Refinement, reduction, and replacement /Jan Parker-Thornburg.
- Advanced protocols in oxidative stress. I 2008, Springer ProtocolsVol. 1. Novel designed probes for the characterization of oxidative stress in biological fluids, cells, and tissues / Jacob Vaya -- A rapid and selective mass spectrometric method for the identification of nitrated proteins / Angela Amoresano ... [et al.] -- An easy and reliable automated method to estimate oxidative stress in the clinical setting / Cristina Vassalle -- Correlative transmission microscopy : cytochemical localization and immunocytochemical localization in studies of oxidative and nitrosative stress / E. Ann Ellis -- Detection of specifically oxidized apolipoproteins in oxidized HDL / Xiao Suo Wang and Roland Stocker -- High performance liquid chromatography/electron spin resonance/mass spectrometry analyses of lipid-derived radicals / Hideo Iwahashi -- EPR spin-trapping and nano LC MS/MS techniques for DEPMPO/OOH and immunospin-trapping with anti-DMPO antibody in mitochondrial electron transfer system / Yeong-Renn Chen -- Determination of high mitochondrial membrane potential in spermatozoa loaded with the mitochondrial probe 5,5',6,6'-tetrachloro-1,1',3,3'-tetraethylbenzimidazolyl-carbocyanine iodide (JC-1) and for using fluorescence-activated flow cytometry / H. David Guthrie and Glenn R. Welch -- 2,2,6,6-tetramethylpiperidin-1-oxyl probes for evaluating oxidative stress on the cell membrane and mitochondria / Hidehiko Nakagawa and Naoki Miyata -- Zymographical techniques for detection of matrix metalloproteinases / Shinichi Iwai ... [et al.] -- The use of in vivo microdialysis techniques to detect extracellular ROS in resting and contracting skeletal muscle / Graeme L. Close and Malcolm J. Jackson -- Cell-free antibody capture method for analysis of detergent-resistant membrane rafts / Anil Bamezai and Colleen Kennedy. Determination of acrolein by high-voltage capillary electrophoresis from oxidized fatty acids / Rafael Medina-Navarro. Cupric ion reducing antioxidant capacity assay for food antioxidants : vitamins, polyphenolics, and flavonoids in food extracts / Reşat Apak ... [et al.] -- Redox property of ribonucleotide reductase small subunit M2 and p53R2 / Xiyong Liu, Lijun Xue, and Yun Yen -- Antioxidant QSAR modeling as exemplified on polyphenols / Bono Lučić, Dragan Amić, and Nenad Trinajstić -- Immunohistochemical staining of cyclooxygenases with monoclonal antibodies / Ghassan M. Saed -- Examining the endogenous antioxidant response through immunofluorescent analysis of Nrf2 in tissue / Kathryn A. Lindl and Kellly L. Jordan-Sciutto -- Determination of oxidized and reduced CoQ10 and CoQ9 in human plasma/serum using HPLC-ECD / Ian N. Acworth, Paul A. Ullucci, and Pul H. Gamache. Paraoxonases (PON1, PON2, PON3) analysis in vitro and in vivo in relation to cardiovascular diseases / Michael Aviram and Mira Rosenblat -- Preparation, characterization, and use of antioxidant-liposomes / Hongsong Yang ... [et al.] -- Antioxidant activity of biotransformed sex hormones facilitated by Bacillus stearothermophilus / Mohammad Afzal, Sameera Al-Awadi, and Sosamma Oommen -- Biolistic mediated production of transgenic oil palm / Ghulam Kadir Ahmad Parveez -- Preparation of a multi-antioxidant formulation / John A. Mulnix and Brook E. Stoddard -- A functional genomics approach to identify and characterize oxidation resistance genes / Michael R. Volkert, Jen-Yeu Wang, and Nathan A. Elliott -- Genome-wide overexpression screen for activators of antioxidant gene transcription / Hendrik Luesch and Yanxia Liu -- Method for conducting microarray study of oxidative stress induced gene expression / Sita Subbaram, Juan A. Melendez, and Sridar V. Chittur -- A systems approach demonstrating sphingolipid-dependent transcription in stress responses / Alan J. Wilder and L. Ashley Cowart -- Bioluminescence : imaging modality for in vitro and in vivo gene expression / Ruxana T. Sadikot and Timothy S. Blackwell -- Reactive oxygen species and upregulation of NADPH oxidases in mechanotransduction of embryonic stem cells / Heinrich Sauer ... [et al.] -- Pooling data when analyzing biomarkers subject to a limit of detection / Leslie Rosenthal and Enrique Schisterman.
- Advanced quantitative microbiology for foods and biosystems 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Advanced SharePoint services solutions 2005, Springer
- Advanced SQL functions in Oracle 10g 2006, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Advanced surgical facial rejuvenation 2012, Springer
- Advanced techniques in diagnostic microbiology 2006, Springer
- Advanced techniques in diagnostic microbiology. 2nd ed. 2013, Springer
- Advanced topics in forensic DNA typing 2012, ScienceDirectSample collection, storage, and characterization -- DNA extraction methods -- DNA quantitation -- PCR amplification: capabilities and cautions -- Short tandem repeat (STR) loci and kits -- Capillary electrophoresis: principles and instrumentation -- Quality assurance and validation -- DNA databases: uses and issues -- Missing persons and disaster victim identification efforts -- Degraded DNA -- Low-level DNA testing: issues, concerns, and solutions -- Single nucleotide polymorphisms and applications -- Y-chromosome DNA testing -- Mitochondrial DNA analysis -- X-chromosome analysis -- Non-human DNA -- New technologies and automation -- Legal aspects of DNA testing and the scientific expert in court.
- Advanced topics on cellular self-organizing nets and chaotic nonlinear dynamics to model and control complex systems SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Advances in algal biology 2006, Springer
- Advances in Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease 2008, SpringerThe subject matter of the ADPD conferences is unique in that it deals not only with issues related individually to Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease, but also with the integration of these and other related diseases. The most up-to-date techniques and research findings are illustrated in this volume.
- State of the science : background, history, and current threats / Steven M. Presley, Chris B. Pepper, Galen P. Austin, Ronald J. Kendall -- Threats and vulnerabilities associated with biological and chemical terrorism / Steven M. Presley, Galen P. Austin, Phil N. Smith, John White, Ronald J. Kendall -- Predicting and characterizing threat transport / Jeremy W. Leggoe, Chia-bo Chang, Stephen B. Cox, Steven M. Presley, Richard Zartman -- Assessment strategies for environmental protection from chemical and biological threats / Richard Zartman, Chai-Bo Chang, George P. Cobb, Joe Fralick, Steven M. Presley -- Chemical threat agent-induced latent (delayed) neurodegeneration / Jean Strahlendorf and Howard Strahlendorf -- Sensing biological and chemical threat agents / Gopal Coimbatore, Steven M. Presley, Jonathan Boyd, Eric J. Marsland, and George P. Cobb -- Phage display and its application for the detection and therapeutic intervention of biological threat agents / Joe A. Fralick and Prabhjit Chadha-Mohanty -- Personnel protective fabric technologies for chemical countermeasures / Seshadri Ramkumar, Utkarsh Sata, and Munim Hussain -- Pathogenic and toxic effects of select biological threat agents / Jia-Sheng Wang -- Conclusions and research needs for the future / Ronald J. Kendall, Galen P. Austin, Chia-bo Chang, George P. Cobb, Gopal Coimbatore, Stephen B. Cox, Joe A. Fralick, Jeremy W. Leggoe, Steven M. Presley, Seshadri S.Ramkumar, Philip N. Smith, Jean C. Strahlendorf, and Richard E. Zartman.
- Advances in biopreservation 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Advances in breast cancer management. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Advances in cancer stem cell biology 2012, Springer
- Advances in cardiac signal processing 2007, Springer
- Advances in chronic lymphocytic leukemia 2013, SpringerChronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) is the most common leukemia in the Western world. CLL has a highly varied clinical course. While advances in CLL therapy are noted, many patients still succumb to this illness. Like most progress in medicine, solid advances in the diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of CLL are rooted in an in-depth understanding of the basic and translational biology of CLL. In this book, CLL experts have contributed state-of-the-art summaries of various important aspects of CLL biology and have discussed the translational implication of such findings. This book, which is directed at physicians and researchers alike, aims to educate broadly and deeply. Intentionally, the many aspects and nuances of CLL clinical care that can only really be appreciated through direct patient care are not covered here, but instead, the book presents basic aspects of CLL that underlie many of the contemporary decisions that are made in CLL research and clinical settings. We hope that this book will critically inform the community and stimulate interest in CLL, which will ultimately translate into better CLL research, prognostication and therapy, with the end goal of providing a better outlook for patients afflicted with this common leukemia.
- Advances in clinical neurophysiology. 1st ed. Lane Catalog record
- Advances in clinical trial biostatistics 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Advances in cognitive engineering and neuroergonomics 2012, CRCnetBASE"Preface This book brings together a wide-ranging set of contributed articles that address emerging practices and future trends in cognitive engineering and neuroergonomics. Both aim to harmoniously integrate human operator and computational system, the former through a tighter cognitive fit and the latter a more effective neural fit with the system. The chapters in this book uncover novel discoveries and communicate new understanding and the most recent advances in the areas of workload and stress, activity theory, human error and risk, and neuroergonomic measures, as well as associated applications.--Provided by publisher.
- Advances in cognitive neurodynamics (II) 2011, SpringerWithin our knowledge, the series of the International Conference on Cognitive Neurodynamics (ICCN) is the only conference series dedicating to cognitive neurodynamics. This volume is the proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Cognitive Neurodynamics held in 2009, which reviews the progress in this field since the 1st ICCN -2007. The topics include: Neural coding and realistic neural network dynamics, Neural population dynamics, Firing Oscillations and Patterns in Neuronal Networks, Brain imaging, EEG, MEG, Sensory and Motor Dynamics, Global cognitive function, Multi-scalar Neurodyn
- Advances in computational biology 2010, SpringerBioinformatics databases, data mining, and pattern discovery -- Microarray, gene expression analysis, and gene regulatory networks -- Protein classification & structure prediction, and computational structural biology -- Comparative sequence, genome analysis, genome assembly, and genome scale computational methods -- Drug design, drug screening, and related topics -- Computational methods and diagnostic tools in biomedical -- General topics in bioinformatics.
- Advances in diagnostic imaging 2006, Springer
- Advances in DNA repair in cancer therapy 2013, SpringerRepair of DNA Interstrand Cross-links Produced by Cancer Chemotherapeutic Drugs /Anderson T. Wang, Peter J. McHugh --DNA-PK, a Pharmacological Target in Cancer Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy? /Bernard Salles D.V.M., Ph.D. --Growth Factor Receptor Signaling, DNA Damage Response, and Cancer Cell Susceptibility to Chemotherapy and Relapses /Moulay Alaoui-Jamali, Amine Saad, Gerald Batist --The Relationship Between DNA-Repair Genes, Cellular Radiosensitivity, and the Response of Tumors and Normal Tissues to Radiotherapy /David Murray, Matthew Parliament --Important Roles of ERCC1 in DNA Repair and Targeted Therapy /Jennifer J. Hu, Joseph de la Garza --The Role of BRCA1 and BRCA2 in Anticancer Drug Therapy /Andrew Y. Shuen, Jorge S. Reis-Filho --DNA-PK in CLL Chemotherapy /L. Amrein, D. Davidson, R. Aloyz, L. Panasci --Poly(ADP) Ribose Polymerase at the Interface of DNA Damage Signaling and DNA Repair /Jana Krietsch, Michele Rouleau, Michel Lebel --Cellular Protection Against the Antitumor Drug Bleomycin /Dindial Ramotar Ph.D., Mustapha Aouida Ph.D. --ATR as a Therapeutic Target /Fiona K. Middleton, Nicola J. Curtin --Telomeres, Telomerase, and DNA Damage Response in Cancer Therapy /Raina A. Tamakawa, Helen B. Fleisig --RAD51 Is a Key Protein of DNA Repair and Homologous Recombination in Humans /Alexander V. Mazin Ph.D., Olga M. Mazina.
- Advances in flow research 2012, Springer
- Advances in food mycology 2006, SpringerSection 1. Understanding the fungi producing important mycotoxins -- Section 2. Media and method development in food mycology -- Section 3. Physiology and ecology of mycotoxigenic fungi -- Section 4. Control of fungi and mycotoxins in foods.
- Advances in functional and reparative neurosurgery 2006, Springer
- Advances in healthcare technology 2006, Springer
- Advances in human aspects of healthcare 2013, CRCnetBASE"This book discusses how human factors and ergonomics principles can be applied to improve quality, safety, efficiency, and effectiveness in patient care. The topics will include the design of work environments to improve satisfaction and well-being of patients, healthcare providers, and professionals. The utility of this area of research is to aid the design of systems and devices for effective and safe healthcare delivery"--Provided by publisher.
- Advances in human factors and ergonomics in healthcare 2011, CRCnetBASE"Based on recent research, this book discusses how to improve quality, safety, efficiency, and effectiveness in patient care through the application of human factors and ergonomics principles. It provides guidance for those involved with the design and application of systems and devices for effective and safe healthcare delivery from both a patient and staff perspective. Its huge range of chapters covers everything from the proper design of bed rails to the most efficient design of operating rooms, from the development of quality products to the rating of staff patient interaction. It considers ways to prevent elderly patient falls and ways to make best use of electronic health records. It covers staff interactions with patients as well as staff interaction with computers and medical devices. It also provides way to improve organizational aspects in a healthcare setting, and approaches to modeling and analysis specifically targeting those work aspects unique to healthcare. Explicitly, the book contains the following subject areas: I. Healthcare and Service Delivery. II. Patient Safety. III. Modeling and Analytical Approaches. IV. Human-System Interface: Computers & Medical Devices. V. Organizational Aspects"--Provided by publisher.
- Advances in human vector control 2009, Am Chem SocVector biology diagnostics and public health pesticides development through the product development partnership route / Janet Hemingway -- Pyrethroid resistance in the African malaria vector, Anopheles gambiae, and potential of alternative insecticides for indoor residual spraying and use on mosquito nets / Mark Rowland and Raphael N'Guessan -- Insecticide resistance in the mosquito Culex pipiens complex : concerns about development of pyrethroid resistance / Osamu Komagata, Shinji Kasai, and Takashi Tomita -- Vector control for prevention of dengue : current status and future strategies / Tessa B. Knox and Thomas W. Scott -- Current status and challenges of Chagas disease control initiatives in the Americas / Jun Nakagawa -- Human head lice : status, control, and resistance / J. Marshall Clark ... et al. -- ABC's of indoor health : allergens, baits, and cockroach mitigation strategies / Coby Schal -- Current status of house dust mites in Japan and prospects for control agents / Tomoyuki Hashimoto --Controlling dengue virus transmission in the field with genetically modified mosquitoes / Ken E. Olson and Alexander W.E. Franz -- Pharmacological mapping of the acetylcholinesterase catalytic gorge in mosquitoes with bis(n)-tacrines / Troy D. Anderson ... et al. -- Olyset net : a long lasting insecticidal net for vector control / Takaaki Itoh ... [et al.] -- Biological efficacy of metofluthrin, a new pyrethroid insecticide, highly effective against mosquitoes / Takao Ishiwatari ... et al. -- An inconvenient truth of pyrethroids-do they have a promising future? / Hitoshi Kawada -- The body louse, Pediculus humanus humanus (Phthiraptera : Pediculidae), genome project : past, present, and opportunities for the futures / Barry R. Pittendrigh ... et al. -- Resistance management of the human head louse using molecular tools / Si Hyeock Lee ... et al. -- Monitoring of kdr-mediated pyrethroid resistance in head louse colonies in Japan / Shinji Kasai ... et al.
- Advances in mass data analysis of signals and images in medicine, biotechnology, and chemistry 2007, Springer
- Advances in medical engineering 2007, Springer
- Surgical anatomy of the sacral hiatus for caudal access to the spinal canal -- Radiologic anatomy of the sacral canal -- Imaging in degenerative spine pathology -- Operative management of lumbar disc herniation: the evolution of knowledge and surgical techniques in the last century -- Philosophy and concepts of modern spine surgery -- Minimally invasive treatment for refractory low back pain, targeted by epidural endoscopy with O2/O3 and steroid therapy -- Epidural injections: past, present and future -- Long term intrathecal infusion of opiates for treatment of failed back surgery syndrome -- Modic changes: anatomy, pathophysiology and clinical correlation -- Periduroscopy: general review of clinical features and development of operative models -- The effectiveness of endoscopic epidurolysis in treatment of degenerative chronic low back pain: a prospective analysis and follow-up at 48 months -- Endoscopic approaches to the spinal cord -- Application of pulsed radio frequency to the dorsal horn and dorsal roots -- Automated nucleotomy and nucleolysis with ozone -- Treatment of discogenic low back pain with intradiscal electrothermal therapy (IDET): 24 months follow-up in 50 consecutive patients -- Percutaneous coblation nucleoplasty in patients with contained lumbar disc prolapse: 1 year follow-up in a prospective case series -- Plasma-mediated disc decompression for contained cervical disc herniation: results through 5 years -- Percutaneous laser discectomy: experience and long term follow-up -- Mechanism of action of oxygen ozone therapy in the treatment of disc herniation and low back pain --Treatment of symptomatic lumbar spinal degenerative pathologies by means of combined conservative biochemical treatments -- Oxygen-ozone therapy for degenerative spine disease in the elderly: a prospective study -- Ozone: the one and only drug -- Vertebral augmentation: 7 years experience -- Kyphoplasty in the treatment of osteoporotic vertebral compression fractures (VCF) procedure description and analysis of the outcomes of 128 patients -- Experience with coflex interspinous implant -- DIAM device for low back pain in degenerative disc disease: 24 months follow-up -- Percutaneous surgical treatment in lumbar spinal stenosis with Aperius-PercLID: indications, surgical technique and results -- Six level cervico-thoracic circumferential reconstruction: report of the second case of the literature -- Percutaneous vertebral augmentation: StabilitiT: a new delivery system for vertebral fractures -- Minimally invasive disc preserving surgery in cervical radiculopathies: the posterior microscopic and endoscopic approach -- The fullendoscopic anterior cervical fusion: a new horizon for selective percutaneous endoscopic cervical decompression -- Leucocyte-platelet haemocomponents for topical use: regenerative potentiality -- Current surgical options for articular cartilage repair -- Facial-hypoglossal nerve end-to-side neurorrhaphy: anatomical study in rats -- Anatomic study in cadaver of the motor branch of the musculocutaneous nerve -- Exposure of the sciatic nerve in the gluteal region without sectioning the gluteus maximus: an anatomical and microsurgical study -- Experimental and clinical employment of end-to-side coaptation: our experience -- Considerations on the treatment of anterior interosseous nerve syndrome -- Percutaneous balloon compression of the gasserain ganglion for the treatment of trigeminal neuralgia: personal experience of 206 patients.
- Advances in mitochondrial medicine 2012, Springer
- Advances in molecular oncology 2007, SpringerGenome instability, checkpoints, and the cell cycle. Comparison of DNA replication in Xenopus laevis and simian virus 40 / Maren Oehlmann, Cathal Mahon, and Heinz-Peter Nasheuer. A genetic screen implicates miRNA-372 and miRNA-373 as oncogenes in testicular germ cell tumors / P. Mathijs Voorhoeve ... [et al.] An investigation into 53BP1 complex formation / Kevin C. Roche and Noel F. Lowndes. Short abstracts--session I -- Tumor and microenvironment interactions. Tumor promotion by tumor-associated macrophages / Chiara Porta ... [et al.] The AP-2[alpha] transcription factor regulates tumor cell migration and apoptosis / Francesca Orso ... [et al.] Modulatory actions of neuropeptide Y on prostate cancer growth: role of MAP kinase/ERK 1/2 activation / Massimiliano Ruscica ... [et al.] Short abstracts--session II -- Animal models. The Arf tumor suppressor in acute leukemias: insights from mouse models of Bcr-Abl-induced acute lymphoblastic leukemia / Richard T. Williams and Charles J. Sherr. Short abstracts--session III -- Transcription and epigenetics. Short abstracts--session IV -- High-throughput approaches and imaging. Identification and validation of the anaplastic large cell lymphoma signature / Roberto Piva, Elisa Pellegrino, and Giorgio Inghirami. Cell-cycle inhibitor profiling by high-content analysis / Fabio Gasparri, Antonella Ciavolella, and Arturo Galvani. Short abstracts-session V -- Novel pathways and therapeutic targets. Regulation for nuclear targeting of the Abl tyrosine kinase in response to DNA damage / Kiyotsugu Yoshida. Short abstracts--session VI -- Poster abstracts.
- Advances in natural medicines, nutraceuticals and neurocognition 2013, CRCnetBASEPt. 1. Methodologies to measure cognition in natural medicine trials -- pt. 2. Vitamins and nutrients -- pt. 3. Essential fatty acids and neurocognition -- pt. 4. Herbal medicines, nutraceuticals and neurocognition.
- Advances in network electrophysiology 2006, Springer
- Advances in nuclear architecture 2011, Springer
- Advances in peritoneal surface oncology 2007, SpringerManagement of Peritoneal Surface Malignancy: A Short History / Paul H. Sugarbaker -- The Natural History of Free Cancer Cells in the Peritoneal Cavity / Yutaka Yonemura, Taiichi Kawamura, Etsurou Bandou, Gorou Tsukiyama and Yoshio Endou, et al. -- Pathological Evaluation and Implications of Serosal Involvement in Gastrointestinal Cancer / Linmarie Ludeman and Neil A. Shepherd -- Principles of Perioperative Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy for Peritoneal Carcinomatosis / Eelco de Bree and Dimitris D. Tsiftsis -- Experimental and Pharmacokinetic Studies in Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy: From Laboratory Bench to Bedside / Eelco de Bree and Dimitris D. Tsiftsis -- Technology for the Delivery of Hyperthermic Intraoperative Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy: A Survey of Techniques / Amod A. Sarnaik, Jeffrey J. Sussman, Syed A. Ahmad, Benjamin C. McIntyre and Andrew M. Lowy -- Adjuvant Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy: A Review / Paul H. Sugarbaker -- Clinical Research Methodology in Peritoneal Surface Oncology: A Difficult Challenge / François-Noël Gilly, Olivier Glehen, Annie C. Beaujard and Eddy Cotte -- Lessons Learnt from Clinical Trials in Peritoneal Surface Oncology: Colorectal Carcinomatosis / Frans A. N. Zoetmulder and Vic J. Verwaa -- Experimental Models and Questions in Basic Science Research for Pseudomyxoma Peritonei / Laura A. Lambert, Donald H. Lambert and Paul Mansfield -- Peritoneal Carcinomatosis of Colorectal Origin: Recent Advances and Future Evolution Toward a Curative Treatment / Dominique Elias and Diane Goere -- Pathologic Characterization and Differential Diagnosis of Malignant Peritoneal Mesothelioma / Nelson G. Ordóñez -- Advances in Clinical Research and Management of Diffuse Peritoneal Mesothelioma / Marcello Deraco, Dario Baratti, Nadia Zaffaroni, Antonello Domenico Cabras and Shigeki Kusamura -- Advances in the Management of Gastric Cancer with Peritoneal Dissemination / Yutaka Yonemura, Taiichi Kawamura, Etsurou Bandou, Gorou Tsukiyama and Masayuki Nemoto, et al. -- Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy in the Management of Ovarian Cancer / Maurie Markman.
- Advances in plant and animal boron nutrition 2007, Springer
- Advances in probabilistic graphical models 2007, Springer
- Advances in radiation oncology in lung cancer. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Advances in rapid sex-steroid action 2012, Springer[1.] Non-genomic Action of Steroid Hormones: More Questions than Answers / Antimo Migliaccio, Gabriella Castoria, Antonio Bilancio, Pia Giovannelli, Marzia Di Donato and Ferdinando Auricchio -- Part I. Breast Cancer -- [2.] Progesterone Signaling to Chromatin in Breast Cancer Cells. Two Initial Cycles of Remodeling / Guillermo P. Vicent, Roser Zaurin, Cecilia Ballaré, A. Silvina Nacht, Roni H. G. Wright, Francois Le Dily, Giancarlo Castellano, Jofre Font-Mateu and Miguel Beato -- [3.] Cooperative Interactions Between c-Src, Estrogen Receptors and Receptor Tyrosine Kinases in Breast Cancer / Sarah J. Parsons, Jessica E. Pritchard, Emily M. Fox and Margaret A. Shupnik -- [4.] Cross Talk Between ER[alpha] and Src Signaling and Its Relevance to ER Status and Hormone Responsiveness / Jun Sun, Wen Zhou, Zafar Nawaz and Joyce M. Slingerland -- [5.] Post-translational Modifications of ER Alpha in Rapid Estrogen's Action / Muriel Le Romancer, Coralie Poulard, Stéphanie Sentis, and Laura Corbo -- [6.] Sex-Steroid Rapid Action and Its Role in Invasiveness and Metastasis of Breast Cancer / Marina Ines Flamini, Angel Matias Sanchez, Xiao-Dong Fu and Tommaso Simoncini -- [7.] Unraveling the Role of GPER in Breast Cancer / Rosamaria Lappano and Marcello Maggiolini -- [8.] Nongenomic Actions of Estrogens and Xenoestrogens Affecting Endocrine Cancer Cells / Cheryl S. Watson, Dragoslava Zivadinovic, Yow-Jiun Jeng, Rebecca A. Alyea, Terumi Midoro-Horiuti, Randall Goldblum and Anannya Banga -- Part II. Prostate Cancer -- [9.] Differential Functions of Stromal and Epithelial Androgen Receptor in Prostate Cancer Before and After Castration Resistant Stage / S. Lee, K.-P. Lai, S. Yeh and C. Chang -- [10.] Role of Androgens and Androgen Receptor in Prostate Cancer: Genomic and Non-Genomic Actions / Sara Marchiani, Lara Tamburrino, Monica Muratori, Lorella Bonaccorsi, Gianni Forti and Elisabetta Baldi -- [11.] Mechanisms of Signal Transduction in Prostate Cancer: The Role of PI3-Kinase Pathway in Androgen Action / Laurent Morel and Silvère Baron -- [12.] The IGF-I Axis in Prostate Cancer: The Role of Rapid Steroid Actions / Antonino Belfiore -- Androgen Receptor Pathway in Prostate Cancer: Old Target and New Drugs / Christophe Massard and Karim Fizazi -- Part III. New Tools for Steroid Receptor Analysis and Regulatory Networks -- [13.] Quantitative Visualization of Sex Steroid Receptor Functions: AR and ER[alpha] / Michael J. Bolt, Sean M. Hartig, Adam T. Szafran, Sanjay N. Mediwala, Marco Marcelli and Michael A. Mancini -- [14.] Micropatterned Surfaces as Tools for the Study of the Rapid Non-genomic Actions of Steroid Receptors / Andrew C. B. Cato, Emmanuel Oppong and Sylwia Sekula-Neuner.
- Advances in reconstructive vaginal surgery 2007, Ovid
- Advances in regenerative medicine 2010, SpringerCell Adhesions and Signaling: A Tool for Biocompatibility Assessment / Roumen Pankov and Albena Momchilova -- Development of Provisional Extracellular Matrix on Biomaterials Interface: Lessons from In Vitro Cell Culture / George Altankov, Thomas Groth, Elisabeth Engel, Jonas Gustavsson and Marta Pegueroles, et al. -- Endothelial Progenitor Cells for Tissue Engineering and Tissue Regeneration Endothelial Progenitor Cells / Joyce Bischoff -- Dermal Precursors and the Origins of the Wound Fibroblast / Jeffrey M. Davidson -- Cell Based Therapies: What Do We Learn from Periosteal Osteochondrogenesis? / Peter J. Emans, Tim J. M. Welting and Venkatram Prasad Shastri -- Bioreactor Systems in Regenerative Medicine / Ivan Martin, Stefania A. Riboldi and David Wendt -- Biomimetic Approaches to Design of Tissue Engineering Bioreactors / Bojana Obradovic, Milica Radisic and Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic -- The Nature of the Thermal Transition Influences the Shape-Memory Behavior of Polymer Networks / Andreas Lendlein, Marc Behl and Stefan Kamlage -- Nanoengineered Systems for Regenerative Medicine Surface Engineered Polymeric Biomaterials with Improved Bio-Contact Properties / Todorka Vladkova and Natalia Krasteva -- Nanocomposites for Regenerative Medicine / Ryan Hoshi, Antonio R. Webb, Hongjin Qiu and Guillermo A. Ameer -- Role of Spatial Distribution of Matricellular Cues in Controlling Cell Functions / Daniela Guarnieri and Paolo A. Netti -- Materials Surface Effects on Biological Interactions / Josep A. Planell, Melba Navarro, George Altankov, Conrado Aparicio and Elisabeth Engel, et al. -- Chemical and Physical Modifications of Biomaterial Surfaces to Control Adhesion of Cells / Thomas Groth, Zhen-Mei Liu, Marcus Niepel, Dieter Peschel and Kristin Kirchhof, et al. -- Results of Biocompatibility Testing of Novel, Multifunctional Polymeric Implant Materials In-Vitro and In-Vivo / Dorothee Rickert, Rosemarie Fuhrmann, Bernhard Hiebl, Andreas Lendlein and Ralf-Peter Franke -- UFOs, Worms, and Surfboards: What Shapes Teach Us About Cell-Material Interactions / Julie A. Champion and Samir Mitragotri -- Nano-engineered Thin Films for Cell and Tissue-Contacting Applications / Richard F. Haglund -- Injectable Hydrogels: From Basics to Nanotechnological Features and Potential Advances / Biancamaria Baroli -- Polyelectrolyte Complexes as Smart Nanoengineered Systems for Biotechnology and Gene Delivery / Vladimir A. Izumrudov.
- A₃ adenosine receptors from cell biol...
- — Advances in regenerative medicine ......
- Advances in schizophrenia research, ....
- — Angiogenesis in brain tumors ...........
- Angiogenesis in inflammation ...........
- — Assessment of immigration status in h...
- Assessment of potential health effect...
- — Āyurveda ...............................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases