- A₃ adenosine receptors from cell biol...
- — Advances in spinal fusion ..............
- Advances in spinal stabilization .......
- — Angiogenesis in inflammation ...........
- Angiogenesis inhibition ................
- — Assessment and culture .................
- Assessment of addictive behaviors. 2n...
- — Āyurveda ...............................
- Assessment of addictive behaviors for relapse prevention / Dennis M. Donovan -- Assessment of addictive behaviors in ethnic-minority cultures / Arthur W. Blume, Osvaldo F. Morera, and Berenice Garcia -- Assessment of alcohol problems / Ned L. Cooney, Ronald M. Kadden, Howard R. Steinberg -- Assessment of smoking behavior / William G. Shadel and Saul Shiffman -- Assessment of cocaine abuse and dependence / Kathleen M. Carroll and Samuel A. Ball -- Assessment of amphetamine abuse and dependence / Richard A. Rawson, Ruthlyn Sodano, and Maureen Hillhouse -- Assessment of opioid use / James Westphal, David A. Wasserman, Carmen L. Masson, and James L. Sorensen -- Assessment of cannibus use disorders / Robert S. Stephens and Roger A. Roffman -- Assessment of club drug, hallucinogen, inhalant, and steroid abuse and dependence / Jason R. Kilmer, Rebekka S. Palmer, and Jessica M. Cronce -- Assessment of eating behaviors / R. Lorriane Collins -- Assessment of gambling behaviors / Howard J. Shaffer and Christopher R. Freed -- Assessment of sex offender relapse / Jennifer G. Wheeler, William H. George, and Kari Stephens -- Assessment of sexual risk behaviors / William H. George, Tina M. Zawacki, Jane M. Simoni, Kari A. Stephens, and Kristen P. Lindgren.
- Assessment of potential health effects from exposure to PAVE PAWS low-level phased-array radiofrequency energy 2005, NAP
- Depression -- Dementia. Cognitive assessment ; Neuropsychiatric assessments ; Activities of daily living ; Global assessments/quality of life -- Global mental health assessments -- Physical examination -- Delirium -- Caregiver assessments -- Memory functioning -- Other scales.
- Assigning structures to ions in mass spectrometry 2007, CRCnetBASE
- ASSIST 2005, NCI
- Assisted death in Europe and America SU Catalog, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Advances in medical treatment now enable physicians to prolong life to a previously unknown extent, however in many instances these new techniques mean not the saving of life but prolonging the act of dying. In the eyes of many, medical technology has run out of control and contributes to unnecessary suffering. Hence the demand has arisen that patients should be entitled to choose death when pain and physical and mental deterioration have destroyed the possibility of a dignified and meaningful life and that their doctors should help them to realize this endeavor. At the present time there are seven jurisdictions in the world that, with various restrictions, have legalized the practice of assisted death- physician-assisted suicide and/or voluntary euthanasia- to wit, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemborg, and Switzerland in Europe and the states of Oregon, Washington and Montana in the United States. Four of these regimes have been functioning for many years, and we have from them a substantial body of data as well as much observational research. This book is based on this material. The literature dealing with the moral, legal and social aspects of assisted death is voluminous, but there is also much writing that provides a detailed accounts of the way that these four regimes are working. Many partisans, on both sides of the issue, cite existing data selectively or, at times, willfully distort the empirical evidence in order to strengthen their case. Based on the documentary record and interviews with officials, this book gives the reader a reliable picture of the way assisted death functions and to draw relevant lessons. While accurate factual information cannot settle a moral debate, it nevertheless is a precondition of any well-founded argument. -- from Book Jacket
- Asthma 2003, Karger
- Asthma and COPD 2002, ScienceDirect
- Asthma and COPD. 2nd ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Overview of the infection, allergy, and asthma relationship / Dawn C. Newcomb and R. Stokes Peebles Jr. -- Laboratory diagnosis of respiratory infections / Ronald J. Harbeck -- Hygiene hypothesis for allergy and asthma / Andrew H. Liu -- Asthma exacerbation induced by virus and bacteria / Kaharu Samino and Michael J. Walter -- Interaction between allergen and bacteria in chronic asthma / Richard J. Martin -- Viral-allergy interactions / Jonathan D.R. Macintyre, Annemarie Sykes, and Sebastian L. Johnston -- Viral respiratory infections in infancy and chronic asthma / James E. Gern -- Bacterial respiratory infections and asthma / E. Rand Sutherland -- Increased susceptibility to viral infection at the origins of asthma / Fernando D. Martinez -- Pulmonary surfactant, innate immunity, and asthma / Mari Numata and Dennis R. Voelker -- Host defense responses / Hong W. Chu and Favbienne Gally -- Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effects of antibiotics : a role in asthma therapy / Druhan Howell and Monica Kraft.
- Asthma prevention 2005
- Astrocytes in (patho)physiology of the nervous system 2009, Springer
- Asylum 2007"In his witty and warm history of Worcester State Hospital, founded in 1833 as the first state insane asylum in this nation, Dr. Enoch Callaway reflects not just on the events in this fortress-like place, but also on how those events parallel advances and failures in the field of psychiatry itself. He includes patient/psychiatrist vignettes showing treatment techniques of the period - from farm work to early electric shock therapy and insulin treatments that put schizophrenics in a 90-minute coma. In addition, he offers sharp insight into 'natural' treatments that showed remarkable results, as well as into unexpected recoveries stimulated by tools as simple as a hand mirror. At times, Worcester may seem brutal, at other times its simplicity seems pure and caring. There are marvelous successes, and times when the facility seems no more than a warehouse for the mentally ill. Callaway argues that this history offers lessons about the treatment - and options for better treatment - of the mentally ill in society today."--Book jacket.
- Asymmetric cell division 2007, Springer
- Asymptomatic atherosclerosis 2010, SpringerPart 1. Methods for the Detection of Subclinical Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease -- History of the Evolution of Cardiovascular Risk Factors and the Predictive Value of Traditional Risk-Factor-Based Risk Assessment / Amit Khera -- Comprehensive Lipid Profiling Beyond LDL / Benoit J. Arsenault, S. Matthijs Boekholdt, John J. P. Kastelein and Jean-Pierre Després -- New Blood Biomarkers of Inflammation and Atherosclerosis / Natalie Khuseyinova and Wolfgang Koenig -- Genomics and Proteomics: The Role of Contemporary Biomolecular Analysis in Advancing the Knowledge of Atherosclerotic Coronary Artery Disease / Gary P. Foster and Naser Ahmadi -- Circulating Endothelial Progenitor Cells: Mechanisms and Measurements / Jonathan R. Murrow and Arshed A. Quyyumi -- Family History: An Index of Genetic and Environmental Predisposition to Coronary Artery Disease / Shivda Pandey and Khurram Nasir -- Endothelial Activation Markers in Sub-clinical Atherosclerosis: Insights from Mechanism-Based Paradigms / Victoria L. M. Herrera and Joseph A. Vita -- Preventive Cardiology: The SHAPE of the Future / Morteza Naghavi -- From Vulnerable Plaque to Vulnerable Patient / Morteza Naghavi and Erling Falk -- Part 2. Non Invasive, Non Imaging, Assessment of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease -- Exercise Stress Testing in Asymptomatic Individuals and Its Relation to Subclinical Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease / Kevin S. Heffernan -- The Ankle Brachial Index / Matthew A. Allison and Mary M. McDermott -- Arterial Elasticity/Stiffness / Daniel A. Duprez and Jay N. Cohn -- Assessment of Endothelial Function in Clinical Practice / Jeffrey T. Kuvin -- Digital (Fingertip) Thermal Monitoring of Vascular Function: A Novel, Noninvasive, Nonimaging Test to Improve Traditional Cardiovascular Risk Assessment and Monitoring of Response to Treatments / Matthew Budoff, Naser Ahmadi, Stanley Kleis, Wasy Akhtar and Gary McQuilkin, et al. -- Assessment of Macro- and Microvascular Function and Reactivity / Craig J. Hartley and Hirofumi Tanaka --Part 3. Non Invasive Structural Imaging of Subclinical Atherosclerosis -- Coronary Artery Calcium Imaging / Harvey S. Hecht -- Noninvasive Ultrasound Imaging of Carotid Intima Thickness / Tasneem Z. Naqvi -- Carotid Intima-Media Thickness: Clinical Implementation in Individual Cardiovascular Risk Assessment / Ward A. Riley -- Computed Tomographic Angiography Detection, Treatment, and Monitoring of Asymptomatic Individuals Susceptible to Atherosclerosis and Vulnerable to Cardiovascular Events / Harvey S. Hecht -- Role of Noninvasive Imaging using CT for Detection and Quantitation of Coronary Atherosclerosis / John A. Rumberger -- Noninvasive Coronary Plaque Characterization: CT Versus MRI / John A. Rumberger -- Magnetic Resonance Imaging / Zahi A. Fayad -- The Role of MRI in Examining Subclinical Carotid Plaque / Chun Yuan, Hideki Ota, Xihai Zhao and Tom Hatsukami -- Comprehensive Non-contrast CT Imaging of the Vulnerable Patient / Damini Dey, Ioannis A. Kakadiaris, Matthew J. Budoff, Morteza Naghavi and Daniel S. Berman -- Pathology of Vulnerability Caused by High-Risk (Vulnerable) Arteries and Plaques / Troels Thim, Mette Kallestrup Hagensen, Jacob Fog Bentzon and Erling Falk -- Pathophysiology of Vulnerability Caused by Thrombogenic (Vulnerable) Blood / Giovanni Cimmino, Borja Ibanez and Juan Jose Badimon -- Part 4. Non Invasive Functional Imaging of Subclinical Atherosclerosis -- Ultrasound Assessment of Brachial Artery Reactivity / A. Rauoof Malik and Iftikhar J. Kullo -- Cardiac Imaging for Ischemia in Asymptomatic Patients: Use of Coronary Artery Calcium Scanning to Improve Patient Selection: Lessons from the EISNER Study / Alan Rozanski, Heidi Gransar, Nathan D. Wong, Leslee J. Shaw and Michael J. Zellweger, et al. -- Targeted MRI of Molecular Components in Atherosclerotic Plaque / Zahi A. Fayad -- Noninvasive Imaging of the Vulnerable Myocardium: Cardiac MRI and CT Based / Ricardo C. Cury, Anand Soni and Ron Blankstein -- Part 5. Invasive Assessment of ACVD -- Angiography for Detection of Complex and Vulnerable Atherosclerotic Plaque / James A. Goldstein -- Intravascular Characterization of Vulnerable Coronary Plaque / James A. Goldstein and James E. Muller -- Detecting Vulnerable Plaque Using Invasive Methods / Robert S. Schwartz and Arturo G. Touchard -- Assessment of Plaque Burden and Plaque Composition Using Intravascular Ultrasound / Paul Schoenhagen, Anuja Nair, Stephen Nicholls and Geoffrey Vince -- Vulnerable Anatomy; The Role of Coronary Anatomy and Endothelial Shear Stress in the Progression and Vulnerability of Coronary Artery Lesions: Is Anatomy Destiny? / Charles L. Feldman, Yiannis S. Chatzizisis, Ahmet U. Coskun, Konstantinos C. Koskinas and Morteza Naghavi, et al. -- Vasa Vasorum Imaging / Ioannis A. Kakadiaris, Sean O'Malley, Manolis Vavuranakis, Ralph Metcalfe and Craig J. Hartley, et al. -- Vulnerability Caused by Arrhythmogenic Vulnerable Myocardium / Ariel Roguin -- Approach to Atherosclerosis as a Disease: Primary Prevention Based on the Detection and Treatment of Asymptomatic Atherosclerosis / Morteza Naghavi, Erling Falk, Khurram Nasir, Harvey S. Hecht and Matthew J. Budoff, et al. --Part 6. Screening for Risk Assessment of Asymptomatic At-Risk Population and Identification of the Vulnerable Patient - The SHAPE Paradigm -- From Vulnerable Plaque to Vulnerable Patient - Part III The SHAPE Paradigm - Screening for Detection and Treatment of Asymptomatic Atherosclerosis / Morteza Naghavi, Erling Falk, Harvey S. Hecht, Michael J. Jamieson and Sanjay Kaul, et al. -- Cost Effectiveness of Screening Atherosclerosis / Leslee J. Shaw and Ron Blankenstein -- Monitoring of Subclinical Atherosclerotic Disease / Daming Zhu, Allen J. Taylor and Todd C. Villines -- Implications of SHAPE Guideline for Improving Patient Compliance / Matthew J. Budoff -- The SHAPE Guideline: Why Primary Care Physicians Should Embrace It / Robert A. Mendes -- Should We Treat According to the SHAPE Guidelines? / Paolo Raggi and Stamatios Lerakis -- Duty-Bound: Rational Foundations of Clinical Strategies for Prevention of Cardiovascular Events / George A. Diamond and Sanjay Kaul -- A Time to Live: Dynamic Changes in Risk as the Basis for Therapeutic Triage / Sanjay Kaul and George A. Diamond -- Part 7. Treatment of Asymptomatic Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease and the Vulnerable Patients: Systemic Therapies -- LDL Targeted Therapies / Raul D. Santos, Khurram Nasir and Roger S. Blumenthal -- Antioxidants as Targeted Therapy: A Special Protective Role for Pomegranate and Paraoxonases (PONs) / Mira Rosenblat and Michael Aviram -- The Multiconstituent Cardiovascular Pill (MCCP): Challenges and Promises of Population Based Prophylactic Drug Therapy for Heart Attack Prevention and Eradication / Michael J. Jamieson, Harvey S. Hecht and Morteza Naghavi -- Vaccine for Atherosclerosis: An Emerging New Paradigm / Prediman K. Shah, Kuang-Yuh Chyu, Jan Nilsson and Gunilla N. Fredrikson -- Part 8. Local and Focal Therapies for Stabilization of Vulnerable Arteries and Plaques -- Drug-Eluting Stents: A Potential Preemptive Treatment Choice for Vulnerable Coronary Plaques / Edwin Lee, George Dangas and Roxana Mehran -- Intrapericardial Approach for Pancoronary Stabilization of the Vulnerable Arteries and Myocardium / Venkatesan Vidi and Sergio Waxman -- Part 9. Educations, Life Style Modifications and Non-pharmacologic Therapies for the Atherosclerosis Susceptible and ACVD Vulnerable Population -- Dietary Management for Coronary Atherosclerosis Prevention and Treatment / Michel de Lorgeril and Patricia Salen -- Management of Preconditioning Physical Activity in a Vulnerable Patient: Getting in SHAPE / Sae Young Jae -- Last Chance for Prevention (Acute Prevention): Identification of Prodromal Symptoms and Early Heart Attack Care / Raymond D. Bahr, Yasmin S. Hamirani and Morteza Naghavi.
- General lab organization and procedures -- Laboratory setup and equipment -- Getting started and staying organized -- How to set up an experiment -- Laboratory notebooks -- Presenting yourself and your data -- Making reagents and buffers -- Storage and disposal -- Working without contamination -- Eukaryotic cell culture -- Bacteria -- DNA, RNA, and protein -- Radioactivity -- Centrifugation -- Electrophoresis -- Microscopy.
- At the helm. 2nd ed. 2010
- Ataxic disorders 2012, ScienceDirect
- Atherosclerosis 2005, Springer
- Atherosclerosis and oxidant stress 2008, Springer
- Atherosclerosis disease management 2011, Springer
- Atherosclerosis: Lane Catalog record
- Athletic enhancement, human nature and ethics 2013, SpringerThe book provides an in-depth discussion on the human nature concept from different perspectives and from different disciplines, analyzing its use in the doping debate and researching its normative overtones. The relation between natural talent and enhanced abilities is scrutinized within a proper conceptual and theoretical framework: is doping to be seen as a factor of the athlete's dehumanization or is it a tool to fulfill his/her aspirations to go faster, higher and stronger? Which characteristics make sports such a peculiar subject of ethical discussion and what are the, both intrinsic and extrinsic, moral dangers and opportunities involved in athletic enhancement? This volume combines fundamental philosophical anthropological reflection with applied ethics and socio-cultural and empirical approaches. Furthermore it presents guidelines to decision- and policy-makers on local, national and international levels.
- Atlas 2007
- Atlas 2008
- Atlas 2007
- Atlas effectors of anti-tumor immunity 2008, Springer
- Atlas of advanced endoaortic surgery 2013, Springer
- Atlas of airway management 2007, OvidAirway anatomy -- Mask ventilation -- Direct laryngoscopy -- The pediatric airway -- Confirmation of endotracheal tube placement -- Retraction blades for direct laryngoscopy -- Pharmacology of airway management -- Definition, incidence, and predictors of the difficult airway -- Decision making in difficult airway management -- Training in airway management -- Examples and illustrations of conditions predisposing the difficult airway management -- Mirrors and mirror blades -- Prisms and prism blades -- Bougies and airway stylets -- Blind nasotracheal intubation -- Blind orotracheal intubation -- Lightwands -- Optical stylets -- Retrograde intubation -- Flexible fiberoptic bronchoscopes -- Rigid fiberoptic scopes -- Esophageal-tracheal combitube -- Laryngeal mask airway -- Intubating laryngeal mask airway -- New supraglottic ventilation devices -- Transtracheal "Jet" ventilation -- Intubation through laryngeal mask airway or intubation laryngeal mask airway with a bougie, lighted stylet, or optical stylet -- Retrograde intubation and flexible fiberoptic bronchoscope intubation -- Flexible fiberoptic bronchoscope intubation through the laryngeal mask airway -- Flexible fiberoptic bronchoscope intubation through the intubating laryngeal mask airway -- Flexible fiberoptic bronchoscope intubation and the esophageal-tracheal combitube -- Transtracheal jet ventilation and flexible fiberoptic bronchoscope intubation -- Cricothyrotomy -- Wire-guided cricothyrotomy.
- Atlas of airway management. 2nd ed. 2012, OvidRoutine airway medicine -- Difficult airway management: recognition, training and management -- Adjuncts to direct laryngoscopy -- Blind intubation -- Lightwands and optical stylets -- Retrograde techniques -- Fiberoptic techniques -- Emergency ventilation -- Combination techniques -- Emergency surgical airways -- Pediatrics -- Bronchoscopy -- Special situations requiring specialized airway management -- Unique facets of airway management by discipline -- Common patient conditions requiring specialized approach to the airway -- Care after intubation.
- Atlas of anatomic pathology with imaging 2013, SpringerAtlas of Anatomic Pathology with Imaging - A Correlative Diagnostic Companion is a valuable teaching tool for medical students and residents in several specialities such as pathology, radiology, internal medicine, surgery and neurologic sciences. Its need is all the more urgent given the severe shortcuts in the teaching of anatomic pathology following the decrease in the number of autopsies performed. Many of the images shown in the atlas would not be available without performing autopsies and therefore this atlas is an essential for all those in the field. Atlas of Anatomic Pathology with Imaging - A Correlative Diagnostic Companion is the first to combine gross anatomic pictures of diseases with diagnostic imaging. This unique collection of material consisting of over 2000 illustrations complied by experts from around the world is a valuable diagnostic resource for all medical professionals.
- Atlas of atherosclerosis and metabolic syndrome. 5th ed. 2011, Springer
- Atlas of back pain 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Atlas of bone pathology 2013, SpringerBone is a living tissue prone to develop a diverse array of inflammatory, metabolic, genetic, reactive, circulatory and neoplastic abnormalities. The Atlas of Bone Pathology describes and selectively illustrates the normal and pathologic conditions that afflict human bone, focusing heavily on tumor and tumor-like conditions of bone and their non-neoplastic mimics. Supplemented with radiographic and special study images, this extraordinary collection of high quality digital images aid continuing efforts to recognize, understand, and accurately interpret the light microscopic findings in bone
- Atlas of breast surgery 2006, Springer
- Atlas of cancer mortality in the European Union and the European economic area, 1993-1997 2008, IARC
- Historical perspective and future directions / Kazuhiro Katada -- Preparation, image acquisition, and post-processing / Udo Hoffman -- Contrast media / Michael L. Steigner and Frank J. Rybicki -- Normal coronary anatomy / Stephan Achenbach -- Assessment of coronary artery disease / Swaminatha V. Gurudevan, Jeffrey M. Schussler, and Matthew J. Budoff -- Follow-up of patients after percutaneous coronary intervention / Chowdury H. Ahsan, David Bush, Takeshi Kondo, and Michael Poon -- Follow-up after coronary bypass graft surgery / Koen Nieman -- Imaging of vulnerable atherosclerotic plaques / Edward Shapiro, David Bush, Sadako Motoyama, Renu Virmani, and Jagat Narula -- Coronary calcium / Matthew J. Budoff and Leslee J. Shaw -- Coronary artery anomalies / James Earl -- Congenital heart disease / Jamil Aboulhosn -- Congenital heart disease / Jamil Aboulhosn -- Imaging diseases of the aorta / Eric M. Isselbacher and Suhny Abbara -- Imaging peripheral vasculature including carotids / John S. Lane, III, Paul N. Suding, and Roy M. Fujitani -- Role in cardiac electrophysiology / Jeroen J. Bax, Farhood Saremi, Laurens F. Tops, and Subramaniam C. Krishnan -- Intracardiac, myocardial, and extracardiac abnormalities / Mario J. Garcia -- Myocardial function and viability / Andreas H. Mahnken -- Role in the emergency department / Gilbert Raff -- Incidental findings during coronary CT angiography / Tracy Callister.
- Atlas of cell organelles fluorescence 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Atlas of clinical hematology. 6th rev. ed. 2005, Springer
- Atlas of clinical neurology. 3rd ed. 2009, SpringerDevelopmental disorders / Suresh Kotagal ... [et al.] -- Genetic diseases of the nervous system / Thomas D. Bird and Suman Jayadev -- Neuroendocrine disorders / Earl A. Zimmerman -- Critical care neurology / Marek A. Mirski ... [et al.] -- Cerebrovascular disease / David M. Greer ... [et al.] -- Dementias / Thomas J. Grabowski Jr. -- Behavioral neurology / Daniel Tranel and Thomas J. Grabowski, Jr. -- Neuro-oncology / Karen L. Fink and Elisabeth J. Rushing -- Movement disorders / Stanley Fahn ... [et al.] -- The epilepsies / Paul C. Van Ness -- Neuromuscular disease / Gil I. Wolfe ... [et al.] -- Infectious diseases of the nervous system / Burk Jubelt -- Neuroimmunology / Michael R. Swenson -- Neurotoxic disorders / Leon Prockop, Charles Brock, and Peter S. Spencer -- Headache / Marc E. Lenaerts.
- 1.Ocular examination /David Spalton, Graham Holder, Susana Morley --2.The eyelids /Eric Barnes, Richard Collin --3.The conjunctiva: diseases and tumours /Frank Larkin, Paul Hunter --4.Infections of the outer eye /Frank Larkin, Paul Hunter --5.Allergic eye diseases, episcleritis and scleritis /Frank Larkin, Paul Hunter --6.The cornea /Stephen Tuft --7.Primary glaucoma /David Garway-Heath, Paul Foster, Roger Hitchings --8.Secondary glaucoma /Keith Barton --9.The uveal tract /Bertil Damato, David Spalton --10.Intraocular inflammation /Miles Stanford, David Spalton --11.The lens /David Spalton --12.Vitreous and vitreoretinal disorders /Thomas Williamson --13.The normal retina, retinal imaging and the interpretation of pathological changes /David Spalton, John Marshall, Victor Chong ---14.The retina: vascular diseases IDavid Spalton, Jaheed Khan, John Shilling, Victor Chong --15.The retina: vascular diseases II /Jaheed Kahn, Victor Chong --16.The retinal degenerations /Jaheed Kahn, Victor Chong --Retinal dystrophies /Michel Michaelides, Anthony Moore --17.The optic disc /Gordon Plant, David Spalton --18.Strabismus /Christopher Hammond, Elizabeth Tomlin --19.Neuro-ophthalmology /Gordon Plant, David Spalton --20.The orbit and lacrimal system /James Uddin, Geoffrey Rose --Further reading --Index.
- Atlas of confocal laser scanning in-vivo microscopy in ophthalmology [i.e. ophthalmology] 2006, Springer
- Atlas of depression 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Atlas of dermatology DermISA dermatologic image and case report database to be used for teaching and diagnosis.
- Atlas of dermatology in internal medicine 2012, Springer
- Atlas of diabetes. 4th ed. 2012, SpringerRegulation of Insulin Secretion and Islet Cell Function /Gordon C. Weir, Susan Bonner-Weir and Arun Sharma --Mechanisms of Insulin Action /Morris F. White and Morris F. White --Consequences of Insulin Deficiency /Abbas E. Kitabchi and Mary Beth Murphy --Type 1 Diabetes /Mark A. Atkinson and Jay S. Skyler --Management of Type 1 Diabetes /Irl B. Hirsch and Jay S. Skyler --Childhood Diabetes /Jamie R. Wood and Francine R. Kaufman --Pathogenesis of Type 2 Diabetes /Mazen Alsahli and John E. Gerich --Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus /Jennifer B. Marks --Diabetes and Pregnancy /Lois Jovanovič --Mechanisms of Hyperglycemic Damage in Diabetes /Ferdinando Giacco and Michael Brownlee --Management and Prevention of Diabetic Complications /Sunder Mudaliar and Robert R. Henry --Eye Complications of Diabetes /Lloyd Paul Aiello, Lloyd Paul Aiello, Lloyd Paul Aiello, Lloyd Paul Aiello and Paolo S. Silva, et al. --Diabetes and the Kidney /Robert C. Stanton and Robert C. Stanton --Diabetic Neuropathies /Aaron I. Vinik --Obesity Therapy /Steven R. Smith --Reversal of Diabetes: Islet Cell Transplantation /Antonello Pileggi, Rodolfo Alejandro and Camillo Ricordi --Technology and Diabetes: Insulin Delivery Systems and Glucose Sensing /Bruce W. Bode --Newer Diabetes Medications /Jay S. Skyler.653Emergency medicine.
- Atlas of electroencephalography in sleep medicine 2012, SpringerNormal Sleep Stages --Normal Electroencephalography Variants in Sleep --Nonepileptiform Abnormalities --Epileptiform Abnormalities --Artifacts.
- Atlas of emergency medicine. 2nd ed. 2002, AccessMedicine
- Atlas of endometrial histopathology. 3rd ed. 2010, SpringerTechnical Remarks -- Normal Endometrium -- Metaplastic Changes -- Circulatory Disturbances -- Functional Disturbances -- Iatrogenic Changes -- Endometritis -- Neoplasms -- Gestational Changes.
- Atlas of endomicroscopy 2008, Springer1. Development of endoscopic devices: past, present and future / Norman E. Marcon, Brian C. Wilson, and Ralph S. DaCosta -- 2. Surface analysis with magnifying chromoendoscopy in the colon / David P. Hurlstone -- 3. Development and current technological status of confocal laser endomicroscopy / Peter Delaney, Steven Thomas, and Wendy McLaren -- 4. Examination technique of confocal laser endomicroscopy / Martin Goetz, Kerry Dunbar, and Marcia I. Canto -- 5. The technique of confocal laser endomicroscopy from the perspective of a new user / Marcia I. Canto 6. -- Microarchitecture of the normal gut seen with conventional histology and endomicroscopy / Michael Vieth ... [et al.] -- 7. Endomicroscopy of GI disorders -- 8. Live tissue imaging with conventional confocal microscopy / Marshall H. Montrose and Alastair J.M. Watson -- 9. Functional and molecular imaging with confocal laser endomicroscopy / Martin Goetz ... [et al.] -- 10. Future trends in confocal laser endomicroscopy: improved imaging quality and immunoendoscopy / Raja Atreya and Markus F. Neurath.
- Atlas of endoscopic major pulmonary resections 2010, Springer
- Atlas of epilepsies 2010, Springer
- Atlas of fetal MRI 2005
- Atlas of forensic pathology 2012, Springer
- Atlas of functional neuroanatomy. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- 1Examination methods --2Adverse effects of fluorescein and indocyanine green angiography --3Age-related macular degeneration and choroidal neovascularization of other etiologies --4Hereditary and toxic retinal disorders --5Tumors --6Diabetic retinopathy --7Other retinal vascular diseases --8Diseases of the macula and central retina --9Inflammatory and autoimmune disorders --10Disorders of the optic nerve head.
- Atlas of fundus autofluorescence imaging 2007, Springer
- Atlas of genetic diagnosis and counseling 2006, SpringerArcadia -- Achondrogenesis -- Achondroplasia -- Adams-Oliver syndrome -- Agnathia -- Aicardi syndrome -- Alagille syndrome -- Albinism -- Amniotic band syndrome -- Androgen insensitivity syndrome -- Angelman syndrome -- Apert syndrome -- Aplasia cutis congenita -- Arthrogryposis multiplex congenita -- Asphyxiating thoracic dystrophy -- Ataxia telangiectasia -- Atelosteogenesis -- Autism -- Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome -- Behcet disease -- Bladder exstrophy -- Body stalk anamoly -- Branchial clefts anamolies -- Campomelic dysplasia -- Cat eye syndrome -- Cerebro-costo-mandibular syndrome -- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease -- CHARGE Association -- Cherubism -- Chiari malformation -- Chondrodysplasia punctata -- Chromosome abnormalities in pediatric solid tumors -- Cleft lip and/or cleft palate -- Cleidocranial dysplasia -- Cloacal exstrophy -- Collodion baby -- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia (21-hydroxylase deficiency) -- Congenital cutis laxa -- Congenital cytomegalovirus infection -- Congenital generalized lipodystrophy -- Congenital hydrocephalus -- Congenital hypothyriodism -- Congenital muscular dystrophy -- Congenital toxoplasmosis -- Conjoined twins -- Corpus callosum agenesis/dysgenesis -- Craniometaphysical dysplasia -- Cri-du-chat syndrome -- Crouzon syndrome -- Cystic fibrosis -- Dandy-Walker malformation -- De Lange syndrome -- Del(22q11.2) syndromes -- Diabetic embryopathy -- Down syndrome -- Dyschondrosteosis (Leri-Weill Syndrome) and Langer Mesomelic dysplasia -- Dysmelia (limb deficiency/reduction) -- Dysplasia epiphysealis hemimelica -- Dystonia -- Dystrophinopathies -- Ectrodactyly-ectodermal dysplasia-clefting (EEC) syndrome -- Dhlers-Danlos syndrome --Ellis-van Creveld syndrome -- Enchondromatosis (Maffucci syndrome; Ollier syndrome) -- Epidermolysis bullosa -- Epidermolytic palmoplantar keratoderma -- Faciogenital (Aarskog) dysplasia -- Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy -- Familial adenomatous polyposis -- Familial hyperlysinemia -- Fanconi anemia -- Femoral hypoplasia-unusual facies syndrome -- Fetal akinesia syndrome -- Fetal alcohol syndrome -- Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva -- Finlay-Marks syndrome -- Fragile X syndrome -- Fraser syndrome -- Freeman-Sheldon syndrome -- Frontonasal dysplasia -- Galactosemia -- Gastroschisis -- Gaucher disease -- Generalized arterial calcification of infancy -- Glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency -- Glycogen storage disease, type II -- Goldenhar syndrome -- Hallermann-Streiff syndrome -- Harlequin ichthyosis (harlequin fetus) -- Hemophilia A -- Hereditary hemochromatosis -- Hereditary multiple exostoses -- Holoprosencephaly -- Holt-Oram syndrome -- Hydrops fetalis -- Hyper-IgE syndrome -- Hypochondroplasia -- Hypoglossia-hypodactylia syndrome -- Hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia -- Hypomelanosis of Ito -- Hypophosphatasia -- Incontinentia pigmenti -- Infantile myofibromatosis -- Ivemark syndrome -- Jarcho-Levin syndrome -- Kabuki syndrome -- Kasabach-Merritt syndrome -- KID syndrome -- Klinefelter syndrome -- Klippel-Feil syndrome -- Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome -- Kniest dysplasia --Larsen syndrome -- LEOPARD syndrome -- Lesch-Nyhan syndrome -- Lethal multiple pterygium syndrome -- Lowe syndrome -- Marfan syndrome -- McCune-Albright syndrome -- Meckel-Gruber syndrome -- Menkes disease (Kinky-hair syndrome) -- Metachromatic leukodystrophy -- Miller-Dieker syndrome -- Möbius syndrome -- Mucolipidosis II (I-cell disease) -- Mucolipidosis III (pseudo-Hurler polydystrophy) -- Mucopolysaccharidosis I (MPS I) (alpha-L-iduronidase deficiency) : Hurler (MPS I-H), Hurler-Scheie (MPS I-H/S), and Scheie (MPS I-S) syndromes -- Mucopolysaccharidosis II (Hunter syndrome) -- Mucopolysaccharidosis III (Sanfilippo syndrome) -- Mucopolysaccharidosis IV (Morquio syndrome) -- Mucopolysaccharidosis VI (Maroteaux-Lamy syndrome) -- Multiple epiphyseal dysplasia -- Multiple pterygium syndrome -- Myotonic dystrophy type I -- Netherton syndrome -- Neu-Laxova syndrome -- Neural tube defects -- Neurofibromatosis I -- Noonan syndrome -- Oblique facial cleft syndrome -- Oligohydramnios sequence -- Omphalocele -- Osteogenesis imperfecta -- Osteopetrosis --Pachyonychia congenita -- Pallister-Killian syndrome -- Phenylketonuria (PKU) -- Pierre Robin sequence -- Polycystic kidney disease, autosomal dominant type -- Polycystic kidney disease, autosomal recessive type -- Prader-Willi syndrome -- Progeria -- Prune belly syndrome -- Pseudoachondroplasia -- R(18) syndrome -- Retinoid embyopathy -- Rett syndrome -- Rickets -- Roberts syndrome -- Robinow syndrome -- Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome -- Schizencephaly -- Schmid metaphyseal chondrodysplasia -- Seckel syndrome -- Severe combined immune deficiency -- Short rib polydactyly syndromes -- Sickle cell disease -- Silver-Russell syndrome -- Sirenomelia -- Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome -- Smith-Magenis syndrome -- Sotos syndrome -- Spinal muscular atrophy -- Spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia -- Stickler syndrome -- Sturge-Weber syndrome -- Tay-Sachs disease -- Tetrasomy 9p syndrome -- Thalassemia -- Thanatophoric dysplasia -- Thrombocytopenia-absent radius syndrome -- Treacher-Collins syndrome -- Trimethylaminuria -- Triploidy -- Trismus pseudocamptodactyly syndrome -- Trisomy 13 syndrome -- Trisomy 18 syndrome -- Tuberous sclerosis -- Turner syndrome -- Twin-twin transfusion syndrome -- Ulnar-mammary syndrome -- VATER (VACTERL) Association -- Von Hippel-Lindau disease -- Waardenburg syndrome -- Williams syndrome -- Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome -- X-linked ichthyosis -- XXX syndrome -- XXXXX syndrome -- XXXXY syndrome -- XY female -- XYY syndrome.
- Atlas of genetic diagnosis and counseling. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Atlas of genitourinary oncological imaging 2013, SpringerThe Atlas of Genitourinary Oncological Imaging presents a comprehensive visual review of appearances for normal anatomy and oncological diseases in the genitourinary system using over 900 radiological images and illustrations. The book presents current imaging techniques and discusses the role of imaging in pre-treatment staging and post-treatment follow-up. Diseases discussed include kidney, adrenal gland, upper tract, bladder, prostate, testes, and pediatric malignancies. Individual chapters include normal anatomy, imaging techniques, and pathology of each cancer type. The staging of the malignancy and what to include in the radiology report are discussed, and expected and complicated postoperative and post-treatment findings and recurrence are presented. Dedicated chapters on interventional and radiation therapy discuss their unique role in the management and treatment of oncology of the genitourinary system. Additionally, a chapter on chemotherapy toxicities discusses drug reaction treatment therapies unique to the genitourinary system.Edited and written by radiologists from the genitourinary disease management team at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, the Atlas of Genitourinary Oncological Imaging is an ideal resource for radiology and urology trainees seeking a review of the basics and for practicing radiologists looking for answers to challenging cases confronted in daily practice.
- Atlas of genitourinary pathology 2011, SpringerAdrenal gland -- Kidney -- Renal pelvis and ureter -- Bladder, urethra, and urachus -- Prostate -- Testis -- Spermatic cord and testicular adnexae -- Penis and scrotum.
- Atlas of headache 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Introduction. Headache disorders -- Epidemiology and burden -- Barriers to care -- Purpose of the atlas of headache disorders -- Methods. Questionnaire development -- Identification of respondents -- Data collection -- Data management and analysis -- Results. Data quality. Representativeness -- Limitations -- Data organization and presentation -- Themes. Epidemiology -- Impact on society, and national data -- Health-care utilization -- Diagnosis and assessment -- Treatment -- Professional training -- National professional organizations -- Issues -- The way forward.
- Atlas of heart disease and stroke 2004, WHO
- Atlas of Hematologic Neoplasms 2009, Springer
- Atlas of HIV/AIDS in San Francisco 2010. Second edition [2nd ed.] 2010, (published 2013)All case data presented on the maps were reported to the San Francisco Department of Public Health HIV Epidemiology Section as of January 5, 2012. Population data for calculating the rates of living HIV/AIDS cases and new HIV diagnoses were obtained from the 2010 Census.
- Atlas of HIV/AIDS in San Francisco, 1981-2000 1981-2000, (pubished 2003)An epidemiological consequence of the variation in neighborhood characteristics is that HIV/AIDS is not equally distributed across San Francisco.
- Atlas of Human Anatomy Lane Catalog record
- Atlas of human central nervous system development v. 1-5, 2002-08., CRCnetBASEv. 2, 2003 CRCnetBASEv. 3, 2005 CRCnetBASEv. 4, 2006 CRCnetBASEv. 5, 2008 CRCnetBASEv. 1. The spinal cord from gestational week 4 to the fourth postnatal month -- v. 2. The human brain during the third trimester -- v. 3. The brain during the second trimester -- v. 4. The brain during the late first trimester -- v. 5. The brain during the early first trimester.
- Atlas of human pluripotent stem cells 2012, Springer
- Atlas of immunology. 3rd ed. 2010, CRCnetBASEHistory of immunology -- Molecules, cells, and tissues of the immune response -- Antigens and immunogens -- Major histocompatibility complex -- Antigen processing and presentation -- B lymphocyte development and immunoglobulin genes -- Immunoglobulin synthesis, properties, structure, and function -- Antigen-antibody interactions -- The thymus and T lymphocytes -- Cytokines and chemokines -- The complement system -- Types I, II, III, and IV hypersensitivity -- Immunoregulation and immunologic tolerance -- Autoimmunity -- Mucosal immunity -- Immunohematology -- Immunological diseases and immunopathology -- Immunophenotyping of hematopoietic malignancies -- Immunodeficiencies: congenital and acquired -- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) -- Immunomodulators -- Transplantation immunology -- Tumor immunology -- Immunity against microorganisms -- Vaccines and immunization -- Therapeutic immunology -- Comparative immunology -- Immunological methods and molecular techniques -- Diagnostic immunohistochemistry.
- Atlas of implantable therapies for pain management 2011, Springer
- Part 1.Distribution and arrangement of ICC in the GI tract --Stomach --Small Intestine --Duodenum --Colon --Caecum --Ileocaecal Junction --ICC Found in the Submucosal Layer --Introduction --Part 2.Ultrastructural demonstration of ICC and the allied cells --Ultrastructural Demonstration of ICC --Signal Pathways Between Nerves and Muscles Not Mediated by ICC --Issues for Future Studies.
- Atlas of intestinal stomas 2012, SpringerIntestinal Stomas: Historical Overview --Gastrointestinal Anatomy --Structure and Function of the Large Bowel --Physiologic and Metabolic Effects of Intestinal Stomas --Quality of Life of the Ostomate --Wound, Ostomy, and Continence/Enterostomal Therapy (WOC/ET) Nursing --Ileostomy --Medical Management of the High-Output Enterostomy and Enterocutaneous Fistula --Intestinal Stomas and the Biliary Tree --Continent Ileostomy --Colostomy: Types, Indications, Formation, and Reversal --Laparoscopic Ostomy Surgery --Ostomies in Trauma --CCF Color Photo Gallery --Stomas Via Percutaneous Endoscopy --Gastrointestinal Stomas in Infants and Children --Antegrade Colonic Enema (ACE) --Urinary Stomas --Enterocutaneous Fistula --Parastomal Hernia --Surgical Treatment of Peristomal Skin Conditions --Stoma Prolapse --Challenging Stomas.
- Atlas of lacrimal surgery 2007, Springer
- Atlas of lymph node anatomy 2013, Springer
- Atlas of mammography. 3rd ed. 2007, OvidAnatomy of the breast -- Techniques and positioning in mammography -- An approach to mammographic analysis -- Circumscribed masses -- Indistinct and spiculated masses -- Analysis of calcification -- Prominent ductal patterns -- Asymmetry and architectural distortion -- The thickened skin pattern -- The axilla -- The male breast -- The postsurgical breast -- The augmented breast -- Galactography -- Needle localization -- Percutaneous breast biopsy -- The roles of ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging in breast imaging.
- Atlas of metabolic diseases. 3rd ed. 2012, ebraryOrganic acidemias -- Disorders of amino acid metabolism -- Hyperammonemia and disorders of the urea cycle -- Disorders of fatty acid oxidation -- The lactic acidemias and mitochonrdial disease -- Disorders of carbohydrate metabolism -- Perioxisomal disorders -- Disorders of purine metabolism -- Disorders of transport and mineral metabolism -- Mucopolysaccharidoses -- Mucolipidoses -- Disorders of cholesterol and neutral lipid metabolism -- Lipid storage disorders -- Miscellaneous.
- Atlas of minimally invasive surgery in esophageal carcinoma 2010, Springer
- Atlas of morphology and functional anatomy of the brain 2006, Springer
- Atlas of muscle innervation zones 2012, SpringerPart 1. Part I. --Introduction and Applications of Surface EMG --Basic Concepts Concerning Fields and Potential Distributions of Stationary and Moving Point Sources --Generation, Propagation, and Extinction of Single-Fiber and Motor Unit Action Potentials --EMG Imaging: Geometry and Anatomy of the Electrode-Muscle System --Features of the Single-Channel sEMG Signal --Features of the Two-Dimensional sEMG Signal: EMG Feature Imaging --Applications of sEMG in Dynamic Conditions, Ergonomics, Sports, and Obstetrics --Part 2. Part II. --Trunk --Upper Limb --Lower Limb.
- Atlas of neoplastic pulmonary disease 2010, SpringerLymphangiomatosis -- Pleuropulmonary blastoma -- Congenital pulmonary myofibroblastic tumor -- Alveolar adenoma -- Uncommon endobronchial surface tumors -- Mucous gland adenoma -- Pleomorphic adenoma -- Mucoepidermoid tumor -- Adenoid cystic carcinoma -- Inflammatory polyps -- Inflammatory pseudotumor -- Pulmonary chondroma -- Pulmonary hamartoma -- Localized fibrous tumor -- Lipomas and liposarcomas -- Cystic lymphangioma -- Lymphangioleiomyomatosis -- Epithelioid hemangioendothelioma -- Pulmonary artery sarcoma -- Synovial sarcoma -- Marginal zone B-cell lymphoma (maltoma) -- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma -- Lymphomatoid granulomatosis -- Langerhans cell histiocytosis -- Typical and atypical carcinoids -- Teratoma -- Melanoma -- Thymoma -- Glomus tumor of the lung -- Sclerosing hemangioma -- Preinvasive disease -- Squamous cell carcinoma -- Adenocarcinoma -- Large cell carcinoma -- Small cell carcinoma -- Adenosquamous carcinoma -- Bronchioloalveolar carcinoma -- Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma -- Sarcomatoid carcinoma -- Pulmonary blastoma -- Metastatic tumors.
- Atlas of neuromuscular diseases 2005, Springer
- Basics and performance of cardiac computed tomography -- Nornal anatomy and congenital abnormalities of the coronary arteries -- Detection and quantification of coronary artery calcium by MDCT -- Coronary artery stenoses: detection, quantitation and characterization -- Morphological and functional assessment of heart chambers by MDCT.
- Atlas of nuclear cardiology. Fourth edition. 2013, Springer
- Ocular vascular anatomy -- Measurement of blood flow -- Case studies -- Future techniques.
- Atlas of organ transplantation 2006, SpringerMultiorgan procurement from the deceased donor -- Dialysis access procedures -- Nephrectomy from a living donor -- Kidney transplantation -- Pancreas transplantation -- Liver transplantation -- Intestinal and multivisceral transplantation.
- Atlas of pediatric brain tumors 2010, SpringerPart 1. Pilocytic astrocytoma and Pilomyxoid Astrocytoma -- Pilocytic astrocytoma and Pilomyxoid Astrocytoma / Christine Fuller and Sonia Narendra -- Pleomorphic Xanthoastrocytoma / Christine E. Fuller -- Infiltrative Astrocytomas (Diffuse Astrocytoma, Anaplastic Astrocytoma, Glioblastoma) / Christine E. Fuller -- Oligodendroglial Tumors / Christine E. Fuller -- Ependymal Tumors / Christine E. Fuller, Sonia Narendra and Ioana Tolicica -- Introduction and Overview of Brain Tumors / Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 2. Embryonal Neuroepithelial Tumors -- Central Nervous System Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumors and Medulloepithelioma / Adekunle M. Adesina, J. Hunter and L. Rorke-Adams -- Medulloblastoma / Adekunle M. Adesina and J. Hunter -- Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor / Adekunle M. Adesina, J. Hunter and L. Rorke-Adams -- Part 3. Tumors of the Meninges -- Meningiomas / Christine Fuller and Brian Pavlovitz -- Hemangiopericytoma and Other Mesenchymal Tumors / Christine E. Fuller -- Melanocytic Lesions / Christine E. Fuller -- Hemangioblastoma -- Christine E. Fuller -- Part 4. Tumors of Cranial and Spinal Nerves -- Schwannoma / Tarik Tihan -- Neurofibroma / Tarik Tihan -- Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumors / Tarik Tihan -- Part 5. Neuronal and Mixed Neuronal-glial Tumors -- Desmoplastic Infantile Astrocytoma and Ganglioglioma / Adekunle M. Adesina -- Dysembryoplastic Neuroepithelial Tumor / Adekunle M. Adesina and Ronald A. Rauch -- Ganglioglioma and Gangliocytoma / Adekunle M. Adesina and Ronald A. Rauch -- Central Neurocytoma and Extraventricular Neurocytoma / Adekunle M. Adesina and Ronald A. Rauch -- Papillary Glioneuronal Tumor / M. Rivera-Zengotita, A. Illner and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Rosette-Forming Glioneuronal Tumor of the Fourth Ventricle / M. Rivera-Zengotita and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Malignant Epithelioid Glioneuronal Tumor / M. Rivera-Zengotita, R. Rauch and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Paraganglioma / A. Rivera and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 6. Neurocutaneous Syndromes -- Neurofibromatosis 1 / Tarik Tihan -- Neurofibromatosis 2 / Tarik Tihan -- Von Hippel-Lindau Disease / Tarik Tihan and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Tuberous Sclerosis Complex / Tarik Tihan and Adekunle M. Adesina -- L'hermitte-Duclos Disease and Cowden Disease / T. Hidehiro, S. Hiroyoshi and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 7. Tumors in the Region of the Pituitary Fossa -- Pituitary Tumors / Tarik Tihan and Christine E. Fuller -- Craniopharyngioma / Tarik Tihan -- Part 8. Choroid Plexus Neoplasms -- Choroid Plexus Neoplasms / Christine E. Fuller, Sonia Narendra and Ioana Tolocica -- Part 9. Pineal Based Tumors -- Pineal Parenchymal Tumors / Tarik Tihan -- Part 10. Germ Cell Tumors -- Germ Cell Tumors / Tarik Tihan -- Part 11. Paraneoplastic Disorders -- Paraneoplastic Disorders of the Central Nervous System / Christine E. Fuller and Sonia Narendra -- Part 12. Tumours of the Haematopoietic System -- Malignant Lymphoma / Adekunle M. Adesina -- Histiocytic Tumors / A. Mukherjee and Adekunle M. Adesina -- Part 13. Interesting/Challenging Cases and Exercises in Pattern Recognition -- Case Studies / Adekunle M. Adesina, Christine E. Fuller and Lucy Rocke-Adams.
- Atlas of pediatric cutaneous biodiversity 2012, Springer
- Genetic disorders and dysmorphic conditions -- Neonatology / Beverly S. Brozanski, Debra L. Bogen -- Developmental-behavioral pediatrics / Heidi M. Feldman -- Allergy and immunology / David Nash, Andrew J. MacGinnitie -- Cardiology / Sang Park, Lee B. Beerman, Jacqueline Kreutzer -- Child abuse and neglect / Mary Carrasco, Holly Davis, Janet Squires -- Rheumatology / Paul Rosen, Sara C. McIntire -- Dermatology / Bernard Cohen, Holly Davis -- Endocrinology / Selma Feldman Witchel, Kecha A. Lynshue -- Nutrition and gastroenterology / Cheryl Blank and J. Carlton Gartner, Jr. -- Hematology and oncology / Jean M. Tersak, Ritchey -- Infectious disease / Holly Davis, Marian Michaels -- Nephrology / Demetrius Ellis -- Urologic disorders / Mark F. Bellinger -- Neurology / Rajiv Varma -- Pulmonary disorders / Jonathan D. Finder -- Surgery / Edward M. Barksdale, Jr. -- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology / Pamela Murray, Holly Davis -- Ophthalmology / Kenneth Cheng -- Oral disorders / Brian Martin ... [et al.] -- Orthopedics / Vincent Deeney -- Craniofacial anomalies / Aaron Corde Mason, Joseph E. Losee, Michael L. Bentz -- Otolaryngology / Robert Yellon.
- Atlas of pelvic floor ultrasound 2008, Springer
- Atlas of percutaneous edge-to-edge mitral valve repair 2013, SpringerMitral Valve Anatomy and Current Surgical and Percutaneous Approaches to Mitral Regurgitation -- Device Description and Procedural Overview -- Room Setup -- Summary of MitraClip Clinical Data and Approach to Patient Selection -- Echocardiographic Evaluation of Patients Before and After MitraClip Mitral Valve Repair -- MitraClip Procedural Echocardiography -- Transseptal Puncture -- Venous Access Management -- Hemodynamic Perspectives of Edge-to-Edge Mitral Valve Repair -- Situational Steering Techniques -- MitraClip: Basic Degenerative Case -- EVEREST II Basic Functional Case Study -- Barlow's Disease -- EVEREST II Case Study: Large Left Atrium -- Approach to Mitral Regurgitation Requiring Multiple MitraClips -- Case Example: Two Clips -- EVEREST II Delayed Second Clip for Early Recurrent MR -- Secondary Mitral Regurgitation Due to Ischemic Mitral Valve Disease and Mild Rheumatic Mitral Valve Disease -- The Dilemma of Reducing Functional Mitral Regurgitation Versus Development of Mitral Stenosis -- Infective Endocarditis Associated with the MitraClip -- EVEREST II MitraClip After Failed Surgical Mitral Valve Repair -- EVEREST II Functional Mitral Regurgitation -- Chiari Network Complicating a MitraClip Procedure -- EVEREST II: Two MitraClip Procedure with Partial Detachment of Second Device -- MitraClip Procedure in Unusual Heart Position -- Interatrial Septal Tear: A Rare Complication During MitraClip Procedure and Successful Transcatheter Closure -- Percutaneous Double-Valve Treatment in a Patient with Degenerative Aortic Stenosis and Functional Mitral Regurgitation -- Percutaneous Mitral Valve Repair After Previous Mitral Valve Reconstruction -- Case Examples: (1) Delayed Functional Mitral Regurgitation in a High Risk Patient, and (2) Complex Degenerative Mitral Regurgitation (Anterior Leaflet Prolapse) with Commissural Impingement -- Severe Functional Mitral Regurgitation with Missing Leaflet Coaptation -- Severe Ischemic Heart Failure with Functional Improvement After MitraClip Therapy -- Severe Left-to-Right Shunting from Iatrogenic Atrial Septal Defect --MitraClip Implantation in Chronic Degenerative Mitral Regurgitation with Extensive Calcification -- 3D Transesophageal Echo-Guided MitraClip Treatment of P3 Mitral Valve Prolapse -- Failure and Complications of MitraClip® Implantation for Severe Functional Mitral Regurgitation: A Combination of Unexpected Findings and Early Experience -- Mitral Valve Repair Using the MitraClip System in a Patient with Severe Mitral Regurgitation in the A3/P3 Region due to Chordae Rupture During Transapical TAVI -- MitraClip Implantation in a Patient with Severe Mitral Annular Calcification and a Small Orifice Area -- Functional Mitral Regurgitation Treatment with MitraClip: Difficult Transseptal Puncture with Anterior Approach Complicated by Right Atrial Thrombus -- MitraClip in a Patient with Dextrocardia and Scoliosis Complicated by Delayed Clip Detachment -- Massive Air Embolism During MitraClip Insertion -- The Degree and Type of Mitral Regurgitation Present at the Baseline Is Not Always a Good Predictor of the Procedural Technical Needs or of the Final Result -- Functional Mitral Regurgitation with a Wide Extension of the Central Regurgitant Jet -- Percutaneous Edge-to-Edge Mitral Valve Repair for Functional Mitral Regurgitation in a High-Surgical-Risk Patient -- Mitral Stenosis After MitraClip Therapy and a Partial Solution for Treatment -- MitraClip Therapy for Functional Mitral Regurgitation: Importance of Jet Localization to Direct MitraClip Placement -- MitraClip: Acute Thrombus Formation During Guide Insertion -- MitraClip Placement in a Patient with Severe Kyphoscoliosis and Bileaflet Prolapse.
- Atlas of peripheral nerve ultrasound 2013, Springer
- Atlas of PET-CT 2009, Springer
- Introduction to sleep and polysomnography -- Staging -- Multiple sleep latency test (MSLT)/maintenance of wakefulness test (MWT) -- Breathing disorders -- Limb movement disorders -- Parasomnias -- Electroencephalographic abnormalities -- Artifacts -- Electrocardiography -- Calibrations -- Actigraphy -- Technical background -- Recording artifacts and solving technical problems with polysomnography technology.
- Atlas of postmenopausal osteoporosis. 3rd ed. 2010, Springer
- Atlas of postsurgical neuroradiology: 2012, Springer
- Atlas of primary care procedures 2004, Ovid
- Atlas of procedures in neonatology. 4th ed. 2007, OvidPreparation and support -- Physiologic monitoring -- Blood sampling -- Miscellaneous sampling -- Vascular access -- Respiratory care -- Tube replacement -- Transfusions -- Miscellaneous procedures.
- Atlas of psoriatic arthritis 2007, Springer
- Atlas of real time 3D transesophageal echocardiography 2010, SpringerTechnological issues -- General concepts -- The mitral valve -- The aortic valve and pulmonary valves -- Tricuspid valve and pulmonary valves -- Atrial and ventricular septa -- Right and left atria -- The right ventricle -- The left ventricle -- Clinical cases.
- Atlas of regional anatomy of the brain using MRI 2006, Springer
- Atlas of robotic prostatectomy 2013, Springer
- Atlas of robotic urologic surgery 2011, Springer
- Atlas of sarcoidosis 2005, Springer
- Atlas of schizophrenia 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Atlas of sectional radiological anatomy for PET/CT 2012, SpringerHead and Neck --Thorax --Abdomen --Pelvis.
- Atlas of skin cancers 2011, Springer
- Surgical and pathological anatomy of neurotological and skull base tumors -- Lateral approaches to the internal auditory canal and cerebellopontine angle -- Retrosigmoid approach to the internal auditory canal and cerebellopontine angle -- Microsurgery of acoustic neuroma -- Middle fossa approaches to the internal auditory canal and cerebellopontine angle.Combined craniotomies of the posterior and middle fossae -- Microsurgical resection of a complex meningioma via combined approach craniotomy -- Approaches to jugular foramen and infratemporal fossa -- Far lateral approach to the foramen magnum -- Approaches to Meckel's cave (cavum trigeminale) -- Approaches to the clivuss -- Orbitozygomatic approaches -- Use of endoscopes in skull base surgery -- Vascular considerations in lateral skull base surgery.Fractures of the cranial base -- Encephalocele of the middle fossa floor -- Cerebrospinal fluid leak -- Temporal bone resection -- Approaches to the petrous apex -- Ear canal closure in skull base surgery -- Facial nerve surgery -- Facial nerve rerouting during skull base surgery -- Reanimation of the paralyzed face -- Vestibular surgery -- Cochlear implantation -- Reconstruction of the cranial base -- Cranial nerve monitoring.
- Atlas of SPECT-CT 2011, Springer
- Atlas of staging in gynecological cancer 2008, Springer
- Atlas of the neonatal rat brain 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Atlas of the sensory organs 2005, Springer
- Atlas of thyroid lesions 2011, SpringerPhysical and technical essentials -- Ultrasound features of thyroid lesions -- Nodular or colloid goiter, hyperplasia, and cysts -- Follicular adenoma and follicular thyroid carcinoma -- Oncocytic nodule/Hurtle cell tumors -- Follicular variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma -- Papillary thyroid carcinoma -- Medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Anaplastic carcinoma -- Lymphoma and plasmacytoma -- Thyroiditis -- Metastases -- Regional lymph node metastases.
- Atlas of transnasal esophagoscopy 2007, OvidIndications for transnasal esophagoscopy -- Technique and endoscopic anatomy of nasal cavity and hypopharynx -- Normal transnasal esophagoscopy -- Esophagitis -- Webs and rings -- Hiatal hernia -- Barrett's metaplasia -- Neoplasia -- Miscellaneous esophageal disorders -- Procedures.
- Atlas of uncommon pain syndromes. 3rd ed. 2014, ScienceDirect
- Atlas of United States mortality Fulltext
- Pre-urodynamic evaluation -- Normal micturition -- Cystometry -- Uroflowmetry -- Leak point pressure -- Low bladder compliance -- Videourodynamics -- Pitfalls in interpretation of urodynamic studies -- Overactive bladder -- Benign prostatic hyperplasia, bladder neck obstruction, and prostatitis -- Bladder outlet obstruction and impaired detrusor contractility in women -- Neurogenic bladder : the effect of neurologic lesions on micturition -- Cerebral vascular accident, Parkinson's disease and other supra spinal neurologic disorders -- Spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, and diabetes mellitus -- Stress incontinence in woman -- Genital prolapse -- Sphincteric incontinence in men and other complications of prostate cancer treatment -- Enterocystoplasty and neobladder.
- Atlas of vascular anatomy. 2nd ed. 2007, OvidThe fetal circulation -- Arteries of the head and neck -- Veins of the head and neck -- Lymphatic system of the head and neck -- Arteries of the spinal cord and spine -- Veins of the spinal cord and spine -- Thoracic aorta and arteries of the trunk -- Veins of the thorax -- Lymphatic system of the thorax -- Pulmonary arterial circulation -- Pulmonary venous circulation -- Pulmonary and thoracic lymphatic system -- Heart and coronary arteries -- Cardiac veins -- Arteries of the upper extremity -- Veins of the upper extremity -- Lymphatic drainage of the upper extremity -- Abdominal aorta and branches -- Arteries of the pelvis -- Veins of the abdomen and pelvis -- Lymphatic system of the abdomen and pelvis -- Arteries of the lower extremity -- Veins of the lower extremity -- Lymphatic system of the lower extremity.
- Atlas of virtual colonoscopy. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Introduction to vulvar disease -- Cysts -- Maculae -- Papillae -- Papules -- Plaques -- Tumors -- Ulcers -- Verrucae -- Vesicles -- Pediatrics -- Trauma -- Other diseases and tumors of the vulva.
- Atlas on the human testis 2013, Springer
- Atomic force microscopy 2004, Springer Protocols
- Atomic force microscopy in cell biology 2002, ScienceDirect
- Atoms of mind 2011, Springer
- Atopic dermatitis in childhood and adolescence 2011, KargerAtopic dermatitis is amongst the most common disorders of the skin in young people around the world. This timely book presents the newest insights and novel concepts in relation to all aspects of this skin disorder. Classification, clinical features and differential diagnosis are reviewed in the first chapter, while risk factors, susceptibility and an epidemiological overview are outlined in the next chapter, followed by a detailed discussion of the immunology of the skin and the pathophysiology of dermatitis. Further chapters present exciting new data delineating clinical aspects of current genetic findings and insights into concepts of neuroimmunology, as well as the very crucial and severe clinical aspect of itching. New data on the topic of inhalant allergy, specific immunologic treatments and the latest on food allergy are also included. A valuable reference for anyone interested in atopic dermatitis, this book is particularly useful for pediatricians and clinical practitioners seeing children and adolescents with atopic dermatitis on a daily basis.
- Atrial fibrillation 2008, Springer
- Attending children 2005Telling death -- Pain and longing -- Variations on the theme of competence -- Being Mickey's doctor -- Another kind of courage -- Being there -- Intensive care -- Power and powerlessness -- Letting go and going on -- Suspending disbelief -- God will find a way -- Presumptuous empathy -- Bridging the distance -- Against all odds -- Still attending.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder 2005, SpringerHistorical aspects of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Roscoe A. Dykman -- Scanning the genome for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Aiveen Kirley -- Dopamine knockouts and behavior / Davide Viggiano, Daniela Vallone, Lucia A. Ruocco, and Adolfo G. Sadile -- The SHR as a model of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Vivienne Ann Russell -- The roles of Norepinephrine and Serotonin in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Roberd D. Oades -- Intermittent hypoxia during sleep as a model of environmental (nongenetic) contributions to attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Barry W. Row and David Gozal -- The psychological evaluation of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in school-aged children: a clinical approach based on recent practice guidelines / Dean W. Beebe -- Executive function / Martha Bridge Denckla -- The neuropsychology of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: validity of the executive function hypothesis / Eric G. Willcutt, Kimberly Brodsky, Nomita Chhabildas, Michelle Shanahan [et al.] -- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and learning disabilities / Stephen R. Hooper and Emily A. Williams -- Selective attention deficits in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: a review of behavioral and electrophysiological studies / Lisa M. Jonkman -- Working memory in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Jack Stevens -- Developmental underpinnings of the association of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and its subtypes to neuropsychological and academic weaknesses / Tuija Aro, Margaret Semrud-Clikeman, Anne-Mari Lapvetelainen, and Heikki Lyytinen -- Social functioning of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Gaba Tur-Kaspa -- Reading disabilities in children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Juliana S. Bloom, Carlin J. Miller, Mauricio A. Garcia, and George W. Hynd -- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and the brain: evidence from electrophysiological studies / Alexandra P. Fonaryova-Key, Melissa Ferguson, and Dennis L. Molfese -- Anatomical and functional neuroimaging studies of children and adolescents with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Jonathan C. Pfeifer, Melissa DelBello, and Scott Holland -- State regulation and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Jaap van der Meere -- Sleep and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Louise M. O'Brien and David Gozal -- Neurophysiological performance in adults with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Lisa Lee Weyandt -- Psychostimulants in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: theoretical and practical issues for the community practitioner / Daniel F. Connor -- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic drug interactiions: methylphenidate, amphetamine or atomoxetine in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / John S. Markowitz and Kennerly S. Patrick.
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in adults : an overview / P.H. Wender, D.A. Tomb -- Family and twin studies in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder / C.M. Freitag, W. Retz -- Molecular genetics of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder / W. Retz, C.M. Freitag -- Neurophysiology of adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder / C.G. Baehne, A.J. Fallgatter -- Brain imaging in adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder / M. Schneider, M. Rösler, W. Retz -- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in adults : diagnosis and prevalence / R.-D. Stieglitz -- Comorbidity in adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder / R.G. Klein, S. Mannuzza -- Adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder : functional impairment, conduct problems, and criminality / M. Rösler -- Psychotherapy in adult attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder / A. Philipsen ... [et al.] -- Psychopharmacological treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in adults / G.-E. Trott.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder handbook. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Attention. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Atypical Parkinsonian disorders 2005, SpringerWhat is an atypical parkinsonian disorder? / Irene Litvan -- Historical issues and atypical parkinsonian disorders / Christopher G. Goetz -- Epidemiology of progressive supranuclear palsy and multiple system atrophy / Adam Zermansky and Yoav Ben-Shlomo -- Neuropathology of atypical parkinsonian disorders / Ian R.A. Mackenzie -- Animal models of tauopathies / Jada Lewis and Michael Hutton -- Neurodegenerative[alpha]-synucleinopathies / Michel Goedert and Maria Grazia Spillantini -- Computer modeling in basal ganglia disorders / José Luis Contreras-Vidal -- Atypical parkinsonian disorders: neuropathology and nosology / Charles Duyckaerts -- Genetics of atypical parkinsonism: implications for nosology / Thomas Gasser -- Medical history and physical examination in parkinsonian syndromes: how to examine a parkinsonian syndrome / Marie Vidailhet, Frédéric Bourdain, and Jean-Marc Trocello -- Role of neuropsychiatric assessment in diagnosis and research / Dag Aarsland, Uwe Ehrt, and Clive Ballard -- Added value of the neuropsychological evaluation for diagnosis and research of atypical parkinsonian disorders / Bruno Dubois and Bernard Pillon -- Role of praxis in diagnosis and assessment / Ramón Leiguarda -- Role of visuospatial cognition assessment in the diagnosis and research of atypical parkinsonian disorders / Paolo Nichelli and Anna Magherini -- Role of ocular motor assessment in diagnosis and research / R. John Leigh and David S. Zee --Characterizing and assessing speech and language disturbances / Carol Frattali and Joseph R. Duffy -- Quality of life assessment in atypical parkinsonian disorders / Anette Schrag and Caroline E. Selai -- Progressive supranuclear palsy / Irene Litvan -- Corticobasal degeneration: the syndrome and the disease / Bradley F. Boeve -- Multiple system atrophy / Feliz Geser and Gregor K. Wenning -- Clinical diagnosis of dementia with Lewy bodies / David J. Burn, Urs P. Mosimann, and Ian G. McKeith -- Clinical diagnosis of familial atypical parkinsonian disorders / Yoshio Tsuboi, Virgilio H. Evidente, and Zbigniew K. Wszolek -- Clinical diagnosis of vascular parkinsonism and nondegenerative atypical parkinsonian disorders / Madhavi Thomas and Joseph Jankovic -- Role of electrophysiology in diagnosis and research in atypical parkinsonian disorders / Josep Valls-Solé -- Role of CT and MRI in diagnosis and research / Mario Savoiardo and Marina Grisoli -- Role of functional magnetic neuroimaging in diagnosis and research / Hartwig Roman Siebner and Günther Deuschl -- PET and SPECT imaging in atypical parkinsonian disorders / Alexander Gerhard and David J. Brooks -- Current and future therapeutic approaches / Elmyra V. Encarnacion and Thomas N. Chase -- Rehabilitation of patients with atypical parkinsonian disorders / Daniel K. White ... [et al.] -- Overview and future research / Andrew Lees.
- Audiology. 3rd ed. 2003
- Audiology. 4th ed. 2008Audiology as a profession -- The nature of sound -- Structure and function of the auditory system -- Audiologic measurement -- Pathologies of the auditory system -- Screening auditory function -- Amplification and rehabilitation -- Audiology and the education of individuals with hearing loss.
- Auditory and vestibular efferents 2011, Springer
- Auditory and vestibular research 2009, Springer ProtocolsRNA isolation from Xenopus inner ear sensory endorgans for transcriptional profiling and molecular cloning / Casilda Trujillo-Provencio ... [et al.] -- Synthesis of biotin-labeled RNA for gene expression measurements using oligonucleotide arrays / Ana E. Vázquez, Liping Nie, and Ebenezer N. Yamoah -- In situ hybridization approach to study mRNA expression and distribution in cochlear frozen sections / Hakim Hiel -- Lineage analysis of inner ear cells using genomic tags for clonal identification / Takunori Satoh and Donna M. Fekete -- Genetic fate-mapping approaches : new means to explore the embryonic origins of the cochlear nucleus / Jun Chul Kim and Susan M. Dymecki -- The practical use of Cre and loxP technologies in mouse auditory research / Yiling Yu and Jian Zuo -- Helios gene gun-mediated transfection of the inner ear sensory epithelium / Inna A. Belyantseva -- Electroporation-mediated gene transfer to the developing mouse inner ear / John V. Brigande ... [et al.] -- Isolation of sphere-forming stem cells from the mouse inner ear / Kazuo Oshima, Pascal Senn, and Stefan Heller -- Molecular biology of vestibular schwannomas / Long-Sheng Chang and D. Bradley Welling -- Multilocus sequence typing and pulsed field gel electrophoresis of otitis media causing pathogens / Jonathan C. Thomas and Melinda M. Pettigrew -- Fluorescence "in situ" hybridization for the detection of biofilm in the middle ear and upper respiratory tract mucosa / Laura Nistico ... [et al.] -- Positional cloning of deafness genes / Hannie Kremer and Frans P.M. Cremers -- Twist-off purification of hair bundles / Jung-Bum Shin, James Pagana, and Peter G. Gillespie -- Yeast two-hybrid screening to test for protein-protein interactions in the auditory system / Dhasakumar S. Navaratnam -- The use of 2-D gels to identify novel protein-protein interactions in the cochlea / Thandavarayan Kathiresan, Margaret C. Harvey, and Bernd H.A. Sokolowski -- Identification of functionally important residues/domains in membrane proteins using an evolutionary approach coupled with systematic mutational analysis / Lavanya Rajagopalan ... [et al.] -- In vivo verification of protein interactions in the inner ear by coimmunoprecipitation / Margaret C. Harvey and Bernd H.A. Sokolowski -- Identification of transcription factor-DNA interactions using chromatin immunoprecipitation assays / Liping Nie, Ana E. Vázquez, and Ebenezer N. Yamoah -- Surface plasmon resonance (SPR) analysis of binding interactions of proteins in inner-ear sensory epithelia / Dennis G. Drescher, Neeliyath A. Ramakrishnan, Marian J. Drescher -- Multiplexed isobaric tagging protocols for quantitative mass spectrometry approaches to auditory research / Douglas E. Vetter, Johnvesly Basappa, and Sevin Turcan -- Fluorescence microscopy methods in the study of protein structure and function / Heather Jensen-Smith ... [et al.] -- Ion imaging in the cochlear hair cells / Gregory I. Frolenkov -- Atomic force microscopy in studies of the cochlea / Michio Murakoshi and Hiroshi Wada.
- Auditory cortex 2011, Springer
- Auditory perception of sound sources 2008, SpringerPerceiving sound sources / William A. Yost -- Human sound source identification / Robert A. Lutfi -- Size information in the production and perception of communication sounds / Roy D. Patterson ... [et al.] -- The role of memory in auditory perception / Laurent Demany, Catherine Semal -- Auditory attention and filters / Ervin R. Hafter, Anastasios Sarampalis, Psyche Loui -- Informational masking / Gerald Kidd, Jr. ... [et al.] -- Effects of harmonicity and regularity on the perception of sound sources / Robert P. Carlyon, Hedwig E. Gockel -- Spatial hearing and perceiving sources / Christopher J. Darwin -- Envelope processing and sound-source perception / Stanley Sheft -- Speech as a sound source / Andrew J. Lotto, Sarah C. Sullivan -- Sound source perception and stream segregation in nonhuman vertebrate animals / Richard R. Fay.
- Auditory prostheses 2011, Springer
- Auditory signal processing 2005, Springer
- Auditory trauma, protection, and repair 2008, Springer
- Pediatrics / Jeanne G. Hill, Paula Keslar, and Anil Rao -- Musculoskeletal system / Catherine C. Roberts, Laura W. Bancroft, and Thomas L. Pope Jr -- Cardiovascular and interventional radiology / Stephen P. Loehr and Andrew G. Davis -- Ultrasound / Susan J. Ackerman, Abid Irashad, and Angelle Harper -- Nuclear medicine / Beata Panzegrau, Phillip S. Davis, and Leonie Gordon -- Neuroradiology : brain / Christopher K. Moses and Zoran Rumboldt -- Neuroradiology : head and neck / Richard H. Wiggins III and Lubdha M. Shah -- Neuroradiology : spine / Donna R. Roberts and Daniel B. Nissman -- Thoracic radiology / Lejla Aganovic and James G. Revenel -- Cardiac radiology / Yeong Shyan Lee, Pal Suranyi, and U. Joseph Schoepf -- Breast imaging / Michelle McDonough, Elizabeth DePeri, and Beata Panzegrau -- Gastrointestinal radiology / David J. Ott and John R. Leyendecker -- Genitourinary radiology / Judson R. Gash, Daniel J. Kirzeder.
- Ausländische Mediziner im Moskauer Russland SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Includes almost 250 biographies of foreign physicians active from the late 1400s through the 1600s.
- Authoritative communities 2008, SpringerHardwired to connect: the new scientific case for authoritative communities / The commission on children at risk -- The biochemistry of family commitment and youth competence: lessons from animal models / Larry J. Young, Darlene D. Francis -- How mother nurture helps mother nature: scientific evidence for the protective effect of good nurturing on genetic propensity toward anxiety and alcohol abuse / Stephen J. Suomi -- Investing in children and society: what we have learned from seven decades of attachment research / Robert Karen -- The consolidation of conscience in adolescence / Barbara M. Stilwell -- Best bets for improving the odds for optimum youth development / Michael D. Resnick -- Moral and spiritual dimensions of the healthy person: notes from the founders of modern psychology and psychiatry / Paul C. Vitz -- Hardwired for god: a neuropsychological model for development spirituality / Andrew B. Newberg, Stephanie K. Newberg -- A tale of two religious effects: evidence for the protective and prosocial impact of organic religion / Byron R. Johnson -- Focused on their families: religion, parenting, and child well-being / W. Bradford Wilcox -- Minding the children with mindfulness: a Buddhist approach to promoting well-being in children / Julie E. Thomas, Lisa A. Wuyek -- The psychobiology of adolescence / Linda Patia Spear -- Elders and sons / David Gutmann -- Spirituality and resilience in adolescent girls / Lisa Miller -- Promoting well-being amoung at-risk children: restoring a sense of community and support for development / James P. Comer -- Sex, guns, and rock'n'roll: the influence of media in children's lives / Leonard A. Jason, Kerri L. Kim -- The civil society model: the organic approach to building character, competence, and conscience in our young people / Bill Stancykiewicz -- Caring and character: how close parental bonds foster character development in children / Elizabeth Berger -- Gather around the children children / Enola Aird.
- Autism 2010, CRCnetBASEType, topography, and sequelae of neuropathological changes shaping clinical phenotype of autism / Jerzy Wegiel ... [et al.] -- Evidence for oxidative damage in the autistic brain / Teresa A. Evans ... [et al] -- Oxidative stress and neurotrophin signaling in autism / Elizabeth M. Sajdel-Sulkowska -- Genetics of autism / W. Ted Brown -- The phenotypic expression of autism, maternal depression, and the monoamine oxidase-a gene / Ira L. Cohen -- Paraoxonase 1 status, environmental exposures, and oxidative stress in autism spectrum disorders / Maria Dronca and Sergiu P. Pasca -- The redox/methylation hypothesis of autism : a molecular mechanism for heavy metal-induced neurotoxicity / Richard C. Deth -- Autism and oxidative stress : evidence from an animal model / Michelle A. Cheh ... [et al.] -- Neurotoxic brainstem impairment as proposed threshold event in autistic regression / Woody R. McGinnis ... [et al.] -- Abnormalities in membrane lipids, membrane-associated proteins, and signal transduction in autism / Ved Chauhan and Abha Chauhan -- Mitochondrial component of calcium signaling abnormality in autism / J. Jay Gargus --Inflammation and neuroimmunity in the pathogenesis of autism : neural and immune network interactions / Carlos A. Pardo-Villamizar and Andrew W. Zimmerman -- Possible impact of innate immunity on autism / Harumi Jyonouchi -- Autism, gastrointestinal disturbance, and immune dysfunction : what is the link? / Paul Ashwood, Amanda Enstrom, and Judy van de Water -- Possible mechanism involving intestinal oxytocin, oxidative stress, and signaling pathways in a subset of autism with gut symptoms / Martha G. Welch and Benjamin Y. Klein -- Cytokine polymorphisms in autism : their role in immune alterations / Fabián Crespo ... [et al.] -- Autism, teratogenic alleles, HLA-DR4, and immune function / William G. Johnson ... [et al.] -- Autism : the centrality of active pathophysiology and the shift from static to chronic dynamic encephalopathy / Martha R. Herbert -- A re-evaluation of the state of autism treatment : the need for a biopsychosocial perspective / Eric London.
- Autism 2008, SpringerENGRAILED2 and cerebellar development in the pathogenesis of autism spectrum disorders / Ian T. Rossman and Emanuel DiCicco-Bloom -- Teratogenic alleles in autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders / William G. Johnson ... [et al.] -- Cholesterol deficit in autism : insights from Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome / Alka Aneja and Elaine Tierney -- Autism in genetic intellectual disability : insights into idiopathic autism / Walter E. Kaufmann ... [et al.] -- Serotonin dysfunction in autism / Mary E. Blue ... [et al.] -- Excitotoxicity in autism : the role of glutamate in pathogenesis and treatment / Martin Evers and Eric Hollander -- Prenatal [beta]₂-adrenergic receptor signaling and autism : dysmaturation and retained fetal function / Susan L. Connors -- A role for fetal testosterone in human sex differences : implications for understanding autism / Bonnie Auyeung and Simon Baron-Cohen -- Interaction between genetic vulnerability and neurosteroids in purkinje cells as a possible neurobiological mechanism in autism spectrum disorders / Flavio Keller, Roger Panteri, and Filippo Biamonte -- Insulin-like growth factors : neurobiological regulators of brain growth in autism? / Raili Riikonen -- Oxidative stress and the metabolic pathology of autism / S. Jill James -- The immune system in autism : is there a connection? / Luke Heuer, Paul Ashwood, and Judy Van de Water -- Maternal immune activation, cytokines, and autism / Paul H. Patterson ... [et al.] -- Maternal antibodies and the placental-fetal IgG transfer theory / Christina M. Morris ... [et al.] -- Can neuroinflammation influence the development of autism spectrum disorders? / Carlos A. Pardo-Villamizar -- The significance of minicolumnar size variability in autism : a perspective from comparative anatomy / Manuel F. Casanova -- Imaging evidence for pathological brain development in autism spectrum disorders / Stephen R. Dager ... [et al.] -- Information processing, neural connectivity, and neuronal organization / Nancy J. Minshew, Diane L. Williams, and Kathryn McFadden -- Evidence for environmental susceptibility in autism : what we need to know about gene x environment interactions / Isaac N. Pessah and Pamela J. Lein -- An expanding spectrum of autism models : from fixed developmental defects to reversible functional impairments / Martha R. Herbert and Matthew P. Anderson.
- The Tinderbox -- Lighting the fuse -- The Implosion -- A Precautionary tale -- Mercury rising -- Mercury falling -- Behind the mercury curtain -- Science in court -- Science and the media -- Science and society -- A Place for autism -- Epilogue: "Next, on Oprah."
- Autistic spectrum disorders in children 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Autoimmune diseases 2011, SpringerAssessment and Management of the Rheumatological Patient in the Critical Care Unit -- Life-Threatening Complications of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus -- Catastrophic Antiphospholipid Syndrome -- Complex Situations in Rheumatoid Arthritis -- Sjögren's Syndrome: Beyond Sicca Involvement -- Systemic Sclerosis: Severe Involvement of Internal Organs -- Vasculitic Emergencies in Patients with Large-Vessel Vasculitis -- Life-Threatening Presentations of ANCA-Associated Vasculitis -- Severe Polyarteritis Nodosa -- Life-Threatening Cryoglobulinemia -- Behçets Syndrome: Clinical Presentations Affecting Prognosis and Survival -- Myositis: When Weakness Can Kill -- Complicated Sarcoidosis: Challenges in Dealing with Severe Manifestations -- Complex Situations in Patients with Adult-Onset Still's Disease -- Managing Acute and Complex Dermatological Situations -- Life-Threatening Autoimmune Hematological Disorders -- Autoimmune Ear, Nose, and Throat Emergencies -- Ophthalmological Emergencies in Rheumatic and Autoimmune Diseases -- Emergencies for the Vascular Surgeon -- Complicated Pregnancies in Patients with Autoimmune Systemic Diseases -- The Complex Management of Viral-Related Autoimmune Diseases -- The Role of Intravenous Immunoglobulins in the Management of Acute Complex Autoimmune Conditions -- Life-Threatening Complications of Biological Therapies.
- Autoimmune diseases in endocrinology 2008, SpringerPart I: Introductory chapters -- Basic mechanisms in autoimmunity / Sonia Quaratino -- Immunogenetic factors in autoimmunity / Joanne Heward and Stephen Gough -- Environmental factors in autoimmune endocrinopathies / Rajni B. Sharma ... [et al.] --Part II: Autoimmune thyroid disease -- Animal models of autoimmune thyroid disease / Marian Ludgate -- Thyroid autoantigens / Philip F. Watson and Nagat Saeed -- Graves' disease / Simon H. S. Pearce -- Autoimmune hypothyroidism / Francesco Latrofa and Aldo Pinchera -- Postpartum thyroiditis / John H. Lazarus and L. D. K. E. Premawardhana -- Thyroid-associated ophthalmopathy and dermopathy / Wilmar M. Wiersinga --Part III: Type 1 diabetes mellitus -- Animal models of type 1 diabetes mellitus / Lucienne Chatenoud -- Islet cell autoantigens / Anastasia Katsarou ... [et al.] -- Type 1 diabetes mellitus / Huriya Beyan and R. David G. Leslie --Part IV: Other autoimmune endocrinopathies -- Addison's disease / Corrado Betterle, Renato Zanchetta, and Fabio Presotto -- Premature ovarian failure / Victoria Sundblad, Violeta A. Chiauzzi, and Eduardo H. Charreau -- Autoimmune hypophysitis / Patrician Anne Crock ... [et al.] -- Autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type 1 / Pärt Peterson -- Autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type 2 / George J. Kahaly and Manuela Dittmar.
- Autoimmune diseases of the skin. 3rd rev. and enl. ed. 2011, SpringerPathogenesis of autoimmune diseases / Martin Röcken and Tilo Biedermann -- Autoantibody detection using indirect immunofluorescence on HEp-2 cells / Philipp von Landenberg -- Pemphigus / Michael Hertl and Rüdiger Eming -- Bullous pemphigoid : clinical features, diagnostic markers, and immunopathogenic mechanisms / Giovanni Di Zenzo ... [et al.] -- Dermatitis herpetiformis duhring / Christian Rose and Detlef Zillikens -- Epidermolysis bullosa acquisita / Gene Kim ... [et al.] -- Localized scleroderma / Cristián Vera Kellet, Catherine H. Orteu, and Jan P. Dutz -- Progressive systemic scleroderm / Nicolas Hunzelmann and Thomas Krieg -- Chronic cutaneous lupus erythematosus / Michael Sticherling -- Subacute cutaneous and systemic lupus erythematosus / Donna M. Pellowski, Jane E. Kihslinger, and Richard D. Sontheimer -- Dermatomyositis / Ruth Ann Vleugels and Jeffrey P. Callen -- Mixed connective tissue disease / Reiji Kasukawa -- Sjögren's Syndrome / Robert I. Fox and Carla M. Fox -- Psoriasis vulgaris and arthopathica / Arnd Jacobi and Jörg Christoph Prinz -- Chronic urticaria as an autoimmune disease / Clive Grattan, Michihiro Hide, and Malcolm W. Greaves -- Lichen planus, lichenoid eruptions and cutaneous grant-versus-host-reaction / Miklós Simon, Jr. -- Small vessel vasculitides / Peter Lamprecht and Wolfgang L. Gross -- Skin manifestations of rheumatic diseases / Camille Francés and Nicolas Kluger -- Vitiligo / Karin U. Schallreuter -- Alopecia areata / Pia Freyschmidt-Paul, Kevin McElwee, and Rolf Hoffmann -- Autoimmune phenomena in atopic dermatitis / Caroline Bussmann and Natalija Novak -- Eosinophils in autoimmune bullous diseases / Dagmar Simon and Hans-Uwe Simon -- Paraneoplastic syndromes of the skin / Peter Fritsch -- Targeted therapies in autoimmune and inflammatory skin disorders / Rüdiger Eming and Ingo H. Tarner.
- Autoimmune diseases. 4th ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Autoimmunity 2004, Springer ProtocolsGeneration, maintenance, and adoptive transfer of diabetogenic T-cell lines/clones from the nonobese diabetic mouse / Martha J. Milton ... [et al.] -- Experimental use of murine lupus models / Stanford L. Peng -- The anti-DNA knock-in model of systemic autoimmunity induced by the chronic graft-vs-host reaction / Robert Eisenberg and Arpita Choudhury -- Murine models of lupus induced by hypomethylated T cells / Bruce Richardson, Donna Ray, and Raymond Yung -- The mouse model of collagen-induced arthritis / David D. Brand, Andrew H. Kang, and Edward F. Rosloniec -- Proteoglycan aggrecan-induced arthritis: a murine autoimmune model of rheumatoid arthritis / Tibor T. Glant and Katalin Mikecz -- Mouse models of multiple sclerosis : experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and Theiler's virus-induced demyelinating disease / Kevin G. Fuller ... [et al.] -- Experimental autoimmune encephalitomyelitis / Praveen Rao and Benjamin M. Segal -- Animal models of scleroderma / Gabriella Lakos, Shinsuke Takagawa, and John Varga -- Rodent models of experimental autoimmune uveitis / Rajeev K. Agarwal and Rachel R. Caspi -- Autoimmune depigmentation following sensitization to melanoma antigens / Arthur A. Hurwitz and Qingyong Ji.Pathogenesis and spectrum of autoimmunity / Andras Perl -- Mapping the systematic lupus erythematosus susceptibility genes / Swapan K. Nath [et al.] -- T cell signaling abnormalities in human systemic lupus erythematosus / Madhusoodana P. Nambiar, Sandeep Krishnan, and George C. Tsokos -- TCR chain abnormalities in human systemic lupus erythematosus / Madhusoodana P. Nambiar ... [et al.] -- Protein kinase A and signal transduction in T lymphocytes : biochemical and molecular methods / Islam U. Khan and Gary M. Kammer -- Apoptosis and mitochondrial dysfunction in lymphocytes of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus / Andras Perl ... [et al.] -- Methods for inducing apoptosis / Kathryn M. Roberts, Antony Rosen, and Livia A. Casciola-Rosen -- Measurement of cytokines in autoimmune disease / Kyriakos A. Kirou, Christina Lee, and Mary K. Crow -- Evaluation of autoimmunity to transaldolase in multiple sclerosis / Brian Niland and Andras Perl -- Animal models for autoimmune myocarditis and autoimmune thyroiditis / Daniela Ciháková ... [et al.] -- Animal models of insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus / Edwin Liu ... [et al.] --
- Autologous fat transfer 2010, Springer
- Autologous resurfacing and fracture dowelling 2012, Springer
- Automated data analysis using Excel 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Automated EEG-based diagnosis of neurological disorders 2010, CRCnetBASETime-frequency analysis : wavelet transforms -- Chaos theory -- Classifier designs -- Electroencephalograms and epilepsy -- Analysis of EEGs in an epileptic patient using wavelet transform -- Wavelet-chaos methodology for analysis of EEGs and EEG sub-bands -- Mixed-band wavelet-chaos neural network methodology -- Principal component analysis-enhanced cosine radial basis function neural network -- Alzheimer's disease and models of computation : imaging, classification, and neural models -- Alzheimer's disease : models of computation and analysis of EEGs -- A spatio-temporal wavelet-chaos methodology for EEG-based diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease -- Spiking neural networks : spiking neurons and learning algorithms -- Improved spiking neural networks with application to EEG classification and epilepsy and seizure detection -- A new supervised learning algorithm for multiple spiking neural networks -- Applications of multiple spiking neural networks : EEG classification and epilepsy and seizure detection.
- Automated image detection of retinal pathology 2010, CRCnetBASE"Although tremendous advances have been made in this complex field, there are still many questions that remain unanswered. Providing unprecedented breadth and detail, this book is a valuable resource for researchers looking to take retinal pathology to that next level of discovery as well as for clinicians and primary health care professionals that aim to utilize automated diagnostics as part of their health care program."--BOOK JACKET.
- Automated taxon identification in systematics 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Autonomic dysfunction after spinal cord injury 2005, ScienceDirect
- Autonomic nervous system 2013, ScienceDirectAutonomic Nervous System provides an introduction to the latest science and detailed chapters on advances in the clinical diagnosis and treatment of autonomic system disorders. The autonomic nervous system controls all involuntary actions within the human nervous system. Core body functions regulated by the autonomic system include breathing, heartbeat, blood pressure, body temperature, perspiration, and bowel, bladder and sexual function. Our understanding of the neurotransmitters associated with the autonomic nervous system has expanded over the past 15 years associated with current research efforts and are now impacting the diagnosis and treatment of autonomic nervous system disorders by clinical neurologists. This volume is a valuable companion for neuroscience and clinical neurology researchers and practitioners. A volume in the Handbook of Clinical Neurology series, which has an unparalleled reputation as the world's most comprehensive source of information in neurologyInternational list of contributors, including the leading workers in the fieldDescribes the advances that have occurred in clinical neurology and the neurosciences and their impact on the understanding of neurological disorders and on patient care.
- Autonomic nervous system in old age 2004., Karger
- Autonomy and human rights in health care 2008, SpringerEvolving bioethics and international human rights /David C. Thomasma --Dignity, rights, health care, and human flourishing /David P. Sulmasy --Human rights : the ethics of globalization /Guillermo Díaz Pintos --Human rights and the right to health care /Amnon Goldworth --Religion, international human rights and women's health : synthesizing principles and politics /David E. Guinn --The limitations and accomplishments of autonomy as a basic principle in bioethics and biolaw /Jacob D. Rendtorff --Person and human being in bioethics and biolaw /Laura Palazzani --Welfare rights and health care /Juan Ramón de Páramo Argüelles --Autonomy and the rights of minors /Wayne Vaught --Domestic violence /George P. Palermo --Balancing autonomy and traditional values in treating terminally ill patients : towards locating the right questions for Japan /David N. Weisstub --Culture, community or rights /Terry Carney --Bioethics between nature and culture /Ana marta González --Medical practice as the primary context for medical ethics /Henk Jochemsen --Euthanasia and multiculturalism /Andrés Ollero --International law and genetic counseling /Carlos M. Romeo-Casabona --International perspective on organ donation /Elisa J. Gordon --Justice in the distribution of transplant organs /Rosamond Rhodes --Human cloning and human dignity /Ángela Aparisi Miralles and José López Guzmán --Accessing health care resources : economic, medical, ethical and socio-legal challenges /George P. Smith, II --Mental health rights : the relation between constitution and bioethics /Julio Arboleda-Flórez and David N. Weisstub --The "vulnerability" quagmire in international research /Judith Kissell --Human rights, health care and biomedical innovation : confronting the research imperative /George F. Tomossy --The rights to die and the duty to save : a reflection on ethical presuppositions in suicide research /Brian Mishara and David N. Weisstub /The right to bodily security vis-á-vis the needs of others /Austen Garwood-Gowers.
- Autophagosome and phagosome 2008, Springer ProtocolsAutophagosome and phagosome / V. Deretic -- Fine structure of the autophagosome / E.L. Eskelinen -- Methods for assessing autophagy and autophagic cell death / E. Tasdemir ... [et al.] -- LC3 and Autophagy / I. Tanida, T. Ueno and E. Kominami -- Amino Acid regulation of autophagosome formation / A.J. Meijer -- Autophagic proteolysis of long-lived proteins in nonliver cells / E.A. Roberts and V. Deretic -- Autophagosomes in GFP-LC3 Transgenic Mice / N. Mizushima and A. Kuma -- Experimental control and characterization of autophagy in Drosophila / G. Juhasz and T.P. Neufeld -- Analysis of autophagosome membrane cycling by fluorescence microscopy / J.E. Legakis and D.J. Klionsky -- Protein trafficking into autophagosomes / A. Young and S. Tooze -- Sphingolipids in macroautophagy / G. Lavieu ... [et al.] -- Molecular links between autophagy and apoptosis / I.A. Ciechomska, C.G. Goemans and A.M. Tolkovsky -- Clearance of mutant aggregate-prone proteins by autophagy / B. Ravikumar, S. Sarkar and D.C. Rubinsztein -- Localization and MHC Class II Presentation of Antigens Targeted for Macroautophagy / D. Schmid and C. Munz -- Chaperone-mediated autophagy / S. Kaushik and A.M. Cuervo --Microautophagy in the Yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae / A. Uttenweiler and A. Mayer -- EM Analysis of Phagosomes / C. de Chastellier -- Analysis of phosphoinositide dynamics during phagocytosis using genetically encoded fluorescent biosensors / G. Cosio and S. Grinstein -- In vitro phagosome-endosome fusion / I. Vergne and V. Deretic -- Real-time spectrofluorometric assays for the lumenal environment of the maturing phagosome / R.M. Yates and D.G. Russell -- Maturation changes in purified phagosomes / R. Dieckmann ... [et al.] -- Large-scale purification of latex bead phagosomes from mouse macrophage cell lines and subsequent preparation for high-throughput quantitative proteomics / A. Rupper and J. Cardelli -- Class II MHC Antigen Processing in Phagosomes / L. Ramachandra, W.H. Boom and C.V. Harding -- Analyzing Association of the Endoplasmic Reticulum with the Legionella pneumophila-Containing Vacuoles by Fluorescence Microscopy / A. Ingmundson and C.R. Roy -- Fractionation of the Coxiella burnetii Parasitophorous Vacuole / D. Howe and R.A. Heinzen -- Bacterial Phagosome Acidification Within IFN-gamma-Activated Macrophages: Role of Host p47 Immunity-Related GTPases (IRGs) / S. Tiwari and J.D. Macmicking -- SopE-Mediated Recruitment of Host Rab5 on Phagosomes Inhibits Salmonella Transport to Lysosomes / R. Madan, G. Krishnamurthy and A. Mukhopadhyay -- The Mycobacterium tuberculosis Phagosome / E.A. Roberts and V. Deretic.
- Autophagy and cancer 2013, Springer
- Autophagy in disease and clinical applications. Part C 2009, ScienceDirect
- Autophagy in infection and immunity 2009, Springer
- Autophagy in mammalian systems. Part B 2009, ScienceDirect
- Autophagy, lower eukaryotes and non-mammalian systems. Part A 2008, ScienceDirect
- Available chemicals directory (ACD) Fulltext
- Avery's Diseases of the newborn. 9th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectOverview -- Fetal development -- Maternal health affecting neonatal outcome -- Labor and delivery -- Genetics -- Metabolic and endocrine disorders of the newborn -- Care of the healthy newborn -- Care of the high-risk infant -- Immunology and infections -- Respiratory systems -- Cardiovascular system -- Neurologic system -- Nutrition -- Gastrointestinal system -- Hematologic system and disorders of bilirubin metabolism -- Neoplasia -- Renal and genitourinary systems -- Endocrine disorders -- Craniofacial and orthopedic conditions -- Dermatologic conditions -- The eye.
- Avery's Neonatology. 6th ed. 2005, OvidNeonatology : past, present and future / Gordon Avery -- Current moral priorities and decision making in neonatal-perinatal medicine / Robert J. Boyle and John C. Fletcher -- Neonatology in the United States : scope and -- Organization / Richard L. Bucciarelli -- Neonatal transport / Karen S. Wood and Carl L. Bose -- Telehealth in neonatology / Sarah C. Muttitt, Mary M.K. Seshia, and Liz Loewen -- Newborn intensive care unit design : scientific and practical considerations / Robert White ... [et al.] -- Organization of care and quality in the NICU / Richard Powers and Carolyn Houska Lund -- Law, quality assurance and risk management in the practice of neonatology / Harold Ginzburg and Mhairi MacDonald -- The vulnerable neonate and the neonatal intensive care environment / Penny Glass -- Prenatal diagnosis in the molecular age-indications, procedures, and laboratory techniques / Arie Drugan, Nelson B. Isada, and Mark I. Evans -- Feto-maternal interactions : placental physiology, the in utero environment, and fetal determinants of adult disease / Gabriella Pridjian -- Fetal imaging : ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging / Dorothy I. Bulas -- Fetal therapy / Mark I. Evans ... [et al.] -- The impact of maternal illness on the neonate / Helain J. Landy -- The effects of maternal drugs on the developing fetus / David A. Beckham, Lynda B. Fawcett, and Robert L. Brent --Obstetric anesthesia and analgesia : effects on the fetus and newborn / Judith Littleford -- Cardiorespiratory adjustments at birth / Ruben E. Alvaro and H. Rigatto -- Delivery room management / Virender K. Rehan and Roderic H. Phibbs -- Physical assessment and classification / Michael Narvey and Mary Anne Fletcher -- General care / Ian Laing -- Fluid and electrolyte management / Edward F. Bell and William Oh -- Nutrition / Michael K. Georgieff -- Breastfeeding and the use of human milk in the neonatal intensive care unit / Kathleen A. Marinelli and Kathy Hamelin -- Thermal regulation / Michael Friedman and Stephen Baumgart -- The extremely low birth weight infant / A. Papageorgiou, E. Pelausa, and L. Kovacs --Intrauterine growth restriction and the small-for-gestational-age infant / Marianne S. Anderson and William W. Hay -- Multiple gestations / Mary E. Revenis and Lauren A. Johnson-Robbins -- Control of breathing : development, apnea of prematurity, apparent life-threatening events, sudden infant death syndrome / Mark W. Thompson and Carl E. Hunt -- Acute respiratory disorders / Jeffrey A. Whitsett ... [et al.].
- Avian embryology. 2nd ed. 2008, ScienceDirect
- Avian immunology. 2nd ed. 2014, ScienceDirect
- Avian influenza 2008, KargerEpidemiology of avian influenza / Osterhaus, A.D.M.E., Munster, V.J., Fouchier, R.A.M. -- H5N1 in Asia / Yen, H.-L. ... [et al.] -- Epidemiology and control of H5N1 avian influenza in China / Chen, H., Bu, Z., Wang, J. -- Avian influenza in Northern Eurasia / Lvov, D.K., Kaverin, N.V. -- Avian influenza in Italy, 1997-2006 / Capua, I. ... [et al.] -- Avian influenza outbreaks in Germany : development of new avian vaccines / Werner, O. ... [et al.] -- The role of pigs in interspecies transmission / Brown, I.H. -- History of research on avian influenza / Scholtissek, C. -- Reverse genetics of influenza viruses : applications in research and vaccine design / Neumann, G., Horimoto, T., Kawaoka, Y. -- Receptor specificity of influenza viruses and its alteration during interspecies transmission / Matrosovich, M.N., Gambaryan, A.S., Klenk, H.-K. -- Cleavage activation of the influenza virus hemagglutinin and its role in pathogenesis / Garten, W., Klenk, H.-D. --Structure and function of the influenza A virus ribonucleoprotein : transcription and replication / Ortín, J. -- Influenza A virus polymerase : a determinant of host range and pathogenicity / Stech, J. -- Influenza A virus virulence and innate immunity : recent insights from new mouse models / Haller, O., Kochs, G., Staeheli, P. -- Signaling to life and death : influenza viruses and intracellular signal transduction cascades / Ludwig, S. ... [et al.] -- Cytokines in the pathogenesis of highly virulent influenza viruses in humans / Van Reeth, K. -- Antivirals and resistance / Hay, A.J., Collins, P.J., Russell, R.J. -- The 1918 influenza pandemic : lessons from the past raise questions for the future / Steel, J., Palese, P.
- Avian influenza and Newcastle disease 2009, Springer
- Avian influenza virus 2008, Springer ProtocolsA brief introduction to the avian influenza virus / Erica Spackman -- Avian influenza virus sample types, collection, and handling / Mary Lea Killian -- Avian influenza virus RNA extraction from tissue and swab material / Erica Spackman and David L. Suarez -- Type A influenza virus detection and quantitation by real-time RT-PCR / Erica Spackman and David L. Suarez -- Detection and identification of the H5 hemagglutinin subtype by real-time RT-PCR -- Avian influenza virus isolation and propagation in chicken eggs / Peter R. Woolcock -- Hemagglutination-inhibition test for avian influenza virus subtype identification and the detection and quantitation of serum antibodies to the avian influenza virus / Janice C. Pedersen -- Neuraminidase-inhibition assay for the identification of influenza A virus neuraminidase subtype or neuraminidase antibody specificity / Janice C. Pedersen -- Immunohistochemical staining for the detection of the avian influenza virus in tissues / Mary J. Pantin-Jackwood -- Wild bird surveillance for the avian influenza virus / Justin D. Brown and David E. Stallknecht -- Reverse genetics of the avian influenza virus / Chang-Won Lee and David L. Suarez -- Evaluating the cell-mediated immune response of avian species to avian influenza viruses / Darrell R. Kapczynski -- Measurement of avian cytokines with real-time RT-PCR following infection with the avian influenza virus / Darrell R. Kapczynski and Michael H. Kogut.
- Avian malaria parasites and other haemosporidia 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Avidin-biotin interactions 2008, Springer ProtocolsPreparation of avidin conjugates / Rosaria P. Haugland and Mahesh K. Bhalgat -- Coupling of antibodies with biotin / Rosaria P. Haugland and Wendy W. You -- Optimization of detection and quantification of proteins on membranes in very high and very low abundance using avidin and strptavidin / Sara R. Zwart and Brandon J. Lewis -- Use of the avidin (Imino) biotin system as a general approach to affinity precipitation / Ruth Freitag and Frank Hilbrig -- Capturing biotinylated proteins and peptides by avidin functional affinity electrophoresis / Bao-Shiang Lee ... [et al.] -- Functionality screen of streptavidin mutants by non-denaturing SDS-PAGE using biotin-4-fluorescein / Nicolas Humbert and Thomas R. Ward -- Application of biotin-4-fluorescein in homogeneous fluorescence assays for avidin, streptavidin, and biotin or biotin derivatives / Andreas Ebner ... [et al.] -- quantitative recovery of biotinylated proteins from streptavidin-based affinity chromatography resins / Christoph Rösli ... [et al.] -- High-yield production and purification of recombinant T7-tag mature streptavidin in glucose-stressed E. coli / Nicolas Humbert ... [et al.] -- Endogenous biotin in rat brain : implications for false-positive results with avidin-biotin and streptavidin-biotin techniques / Bruce E. McKay, Michael L. Molineux, and Ray W. Turner -- Pseudo-immunolabelling with the avidin-biotin-peroxidase complex due to the presence of endogenous biotin in the retina / Willem Kamphuis and Jan Klooster -- Use of synthetic peptides for identifying biotinylation sites in human histones / Gabriela Camporeale ... [et al.] -- Detection and quantitation of the activity of DNA methyltransferases using a biotin/avidin microplate assay / Kirsten Liebert and Albert Jeltsch -- Anti-biotin antibodies offer superior organelle-specific labelling of mitochondria over avidin or streptavidin / Elisabeth D. Coene, Michael K. Shaw, and David J. Vaux -- Mammalian lectin as tool in glycochemistry and histochemistry with relevance for diagnostic procedure / Karel Smetana, Jr. and Sabine André -- A multiplex approach to isotyping antigen-specific antibodies using biotinylated antigen/streptavidin-phycoerythrin / Krista McCutcheon -- Biotin-protein bond : instability and structural modification to provide stability for in vivo applications / Donald M. Mock and Anna Bogusiewicz.
- From a living legend--James D. Watson, who shared the Nobel Prize for revealing the structure of DNA--comes a personal account of the making of a scientist. Watson shares the less revolutionary secrets he has found to getting along and getting ahead in a competitive world. Each phase of his experience yields age-specific practical advice. A believer in the intellectual promise of youth, Watson offers pointers to beginning scientists about choosing the projects that will shape their careers, the supreme importance of collegiality, and dealing with competitors within the same institution, even one who is a former mentor. Later he addresses the role and needs of science at large universities. Scorning political correctness, this irreverent romp through Watson's life and learning is a guide to anyone plotting a career in science (or most anything else), addressed both to the next generation and those who are entrusted with their minds.--From publisher description.
- Avoiding common ICU errors 2007, Ovid
- Avoiding medical malpractice 2008, Springer
- Avoiding treatment failures in the anxiety disorders 2010, Springer
- Axon growth and guidance Lane Catalog recordMolecular mechanisms of axonal growth / Céline Bouquet and Fatiha Nothias -- Netrins and their receptors / Simon W. Moore, Marc Tessier-Lavigne and Timothy E. Kennedy -- EPH receptors and ephrin ligands in axon guidance / Michael Reber, Robert Hindges, and Greg Lemke -- Role of semaphorins during axon growth and guidance / Eric Koncina ... [et al.] -- Slits and their receptors / Alain Chédotal -- Neurotrophic factors: are they axon guidance molecules? / Sarah Guthrie -- The role of cell adhesion molecules in axon growth and guidance / Hiroyuki Kamiguchi -- Neurotransmitters and the development of neuronal circuits / Tina Ruediger and Juergen Bolz -- The hedgehog, TGF-b/BMP, and Wnt families of morphogens in axon guidance / Frédéric Charron and Marc Tessier-Lavigne -- The role of cyclic nucleotides in axon guidance / Michael Piper, Francis van Horck and Christine Holt -- Membrane lipid rafts and their role in axon guidance / Carmine Guirland and James Q. Zheng -- The role of glial cells in axon guidance, fasciculation, and targeting / Anabel R. Learte and Alicia Hidalgo.
- Axonal branching and recovery of coordinated muscle activity after transection of the facial nerve in adult rats 2005, Springer
- Āyurveda 2006
- A₃ adenosine receptors from cell biol...
- — Advances in spinal fusion ..............
- Advances in spinal stabilization .......
- — Angiogenesis in inflammation ...........
- Angiogenesis inhibition ................
- — Assessment and culture .................
- Assessment of addictive behaviors. 2n...
- — Āyurveda ...............................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty