- A₃ adenosine receptors from cell biol...
- — Advances in regenerative medicine ......
- Advances in schizophrenia research, ....
- — Angiogenesis in inflammation ...........
- Angiogenesis inhibition ................
- — Assessment of potential health effect...
- Assessment scales in old age psychiat...
- — Āyurveda ...............................
- Angiogenesis inhibition 2010, SpringerAngiopoietins / Yvonne Reiss -- HIF-1 alpha and cancer therapy / Mei Yee Koh, Tally R. Spivak-Kroizman, Garth Powis -- Chemokines / Andreas Hippe, Bernhard Homey, Anja Meuller-Homey -- Angiogenesis inhibition in cancer therapy / Iris Appelmann ... [et al.] -- Vascular integrins : therapeutic and imaging targets of tumor angiogenesis / Curzio Ruegg, Gian Carlo Alghisi -- PDGF and vessel maturation / Carina Hellberg, Arne Ostman, C.-H. Heldin -- Lymphangiogenesis in cancer : current perspectives / Rudiger Liersch ... [et al.] -- Compounds in clinical phase III and beyond / Torsten Kessler ... [et al.] -- Metronomic chemotherapy : principles and lessons learned from applications in the treatment of metastatic prostate cancer / Urban Emmenegger ... [et al.] -- Targeting inflammatory cells to improve anti-VEGF therapies in oncology / Hans-Peter Gerber, Ezogelin Olazoglu, Iqbal S. Gerwal -- Antibody-based vascular tumor targeting / Christoph Schliemann, Dario Neri -- Caveolae and cancer / Kerri A. Massey, Jan E. Schnitzer.
- History of research on angiogenesis -- Immune cells as a source and target of angiogenic and lymphangiogenic factors -- Neuropilins: role in signalling, angiogenesis and disease -- Class 3 semaphorin in angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis -- Angiogenic and antiangiogenic chemokines -- Role of uPA/uPAR in the modulation of angiogenesis -- Neutrophil-derived cytokines involved in physiological and pathological angiogenesis -- Roles of eosinophils in the modulation of angiogenesis -- Regulatory T cells, leptin and angiogenesis -- Angiogenesis as a therapeutic target for obesity and metabolic diseases -- Angiogenesis in multiple myeloma -- Angiogenesis inhibitors in the treatment of prostate cancer -- Therapeutic perspectives in vascular remodeling in asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Angiography and plaque imaging 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Animal behavior desk reference. 2nd ed. 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Animal cell biotechnology. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer Protocols
- Animal cell technology meets genomics 2005, Springer
- Animal cell technology, basic & applied aspects 2009, Springer
- Animal cell technology, basic & applied aspects 2006, Springer
- Animal genomics for animal health Lane Catalog recordOpening remarks -- Session I, introduction -- Session II, review of genomics and its applications -- Session III, using animal genomics to understand animal diseases -- Session IV, the search for markers to select for desirable animal traits -- Session V, genomics in the development of new tools to prevent and control animal diseases -- Session VI, a roadmap for advancing animal genomics in animal health.
- Animal hematotoxicology 2008, CRCnetBASEHemopoiesis, blood cell types, and bone marrow examination -- Erythrocytes, anemias, and polycythemia -- Additional erythrocytic measurements -- Iron, associated proteins, and vitamins -- Leukocytes -- Immunotoxicology -- Hemostasis -- Pre-analytical variables -- Analytical variables and biosafety -- Data processing and interpretation.
- Animal models for the study of human disease. 1st ed. 2013, ScienceDirectAnimal Models for the Study of Human Disease identifies important animal models and assesses the advantages and disadvantages of each model for the study of human disease. The first section addresses how to locate resources, animal alternatives, animal ethics and related issues, much needed information for researchers across the biological sciences and biomedicine.The next sections of the work offers models for disease-oriented topics, including cardiac and pulmonary diseases, aging, infectious diseases, obesity, diabetes, neurological diseases, joint diseases, visual disorders, canc
- Animal models in cardiovascular research. 3rd ed. 2009, SpringerGeneral principles of animal selection and normal physiological values -- Preanesthesia, anesthesia, chemical restraint, and the recognition and treatment of pain and distress -- Normal cardiac function parameters -- Measuring cardiac function -- Measuring vascular function and ventricular/arterial coupling dynamics -- Isolated heart preparations, problems, and pitfalls -- Cardiovascular effects of anesthetics, sedatives, postoperative analgesic agents, and other pharmaceuticals -- Naturally occurring and iatrogenic animal models of valvular, infectious, and arrhythmic cardiovascular disease -- Iatrogenic models of ischemic heart disease -- Iatrogenic, transgenic, and naturally occurring models of cardiomyopathy and heart failure -- Iatrogenic, congenic, and transgenic models of hypertension -- Naturally occurring, iatrogenic and transgenic models of atherosclerotic disease -- Animal models for the study of neurohumeral and central neural control of the cardiovascular system -- Other transgenic animal models used in cardiovascular studies
- Animal models in toxicology. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEThe mouse -- The rat -- The hamster -- The guinea pig -- The rabbit -- The ferret -- The dog -- Primates -- The minipig -- Alternative species / Shayne C. Gad -- Clinical pathology of laboratory animals / Robert L. Hall -- Model selection and scaling / Shayne C. Gad -- Susceptibility factors / Shayne C. Gad -- Laws and regulations governing animal care and use in research / Shayne C. Gad.
- Animal models of acute neurological injuries 2009, Springer
- Animal models of behavioral analysis 2011, Springer ProtocolsEyeblink Conditioning in Animal Models and Humans / Kevin L. Brown, Diana S. Woodruff-Pak -- Anatomical, Physiological, and Behavioral Analysis of Rodent Vision / Brett G. Jeffrey, Trevor J. McGill, Tammie L. Haley, Catherine W. Morgans, Robert M. Duvoisin -- Correlates and Analysis of Motor Function in Humans and Animal Models of Parkinson's Disease / Alexandra Y. Schang, Beth E. Fisher, Natalie R. Sashkin, Cindy Moore, Lisa B. Dirling, Giselle M. Petzinger, Michael W. Jakowec, Charles K. Meshul -- Spatial Learning and Memory in Animal Models and Humans / Gwendolen E. Haley, Jacob Raber -- Fear Conditioning in Rodents and Humans / Mohammed R. Milad, Sarah Igoe, Scott P. Orr -- Conditioned Place Preference in Rodents and Humans / Devin Mueller, Harriet de Wit -- Social Interactions in the Clinic and the Cage: Toward a More Valid Mouse Model of Autism / Garet P. Lahvis, Lois M. Black -- The Experimental Manipulation of Uncertainty / Dominik R. Bach, Christopher R. Pryce, Erich Seifritz -- Circadian Variation in the Physiology and Behavior of Humans and Nonhuman Primates / Henryk F. Urbanski -- Traumatic Brain Injury in Animal Models and Humans / Hita Adwanikar, Linda Noble-Haeusslein, Harvey S. Levin -- Behavioral Sensitization to Addictive Drugs: Clinical Relevance and Methodological Aspects / Tamara J. Phillips, Raú́l Pastor, Angela C. Scibelli, Cheryl Reed, Ernesto Tarragó́n -- Evaluating Behavioral Outcomes from Ischemic Brain Injury / Paco S. Herson, Julie Palmateer, Patricia D. Hurn, A. Courtney DeVries -- A Comparative Analysis of Cellular Morphological Differentiation Within the Cerebral Cortex Using Diffusion Tensor Imaging / Lindsey A. Leigland, Christopher D. Kroenke.
- Animal models of cognitive impairment 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Animal models of dementia 2011, Springer ProtocolsGeneral introduction to animal models of human conditions / Peter Paul De Deyn and Debby Van Dam -- Animal models of dementia : ethical considerations / I. Anna S. Olsson and Peter Sandøe -- The role of rodent models in the drug discovery pipeline for dementia / Debby Van Dam and Peter Paul De Deyn -- Species, strain, and gender issues in the development and validation of animal models of dementia / Annemie Van Dijck, Debby Van Dam, and Peter Paul De Deyn -- Transgenic and gene targeted models of dementia / Ronald A. Conlon -- Transgenic animals and intellectual property concerns / Susan L. Stoddard and James A. Rogers III -- Pathological validation of animal models of dementia / Daniel Pirici, Christine Van Broeckhoven, and Samir Kumar-Singh -- Behavioral validation in animal models of dementia / Debby Van Dam, Annemie Van Dijck, and Peter Paul De Deyn -- Pharmacological validation in animal models of dementia / Hugo Geerts -- Validation of animal models of dementia : neurochemical aspects / Giancarlo Pepeu and Maria Cristina Rosi -- Validation of dementia models employing neuroimaging techniques / Greet Vanhoutte, Adriaan Campo, and Annemie Van der Linden -- Drosophila melanogaster as a model organism for dementia / Maria E. Giannakou and Damian C. Crowther -- Caenorhabditis elegans as a model organism for dementia / Tjakko J. Van Ham and Ellen A.A. Nollen -- Zebrafish (Danio rerio) as a model organism for dementia / Rob Willemsen ... [et al.] -- Spontaneous vertebrate models of Alzheimer dementia : selectively bred strains (SAM strains) / Renã A. Sowell and D. Allan Butterfield -- Lesion-induced vertebrate models of Alzheimer dementia / Adolfo Toledano and Maria Isabel Álvarez -- A[Beta] infusion and related models of Alzheimer dementia / Patricia A. Lawlor and Deborah Young -- APP-based transgenic models : the PDAPP model / Jacob M. Basak and David M. Holtzman -- APP-based transgenic models : the Tg2576 model / Robert M.J. Deacon -- APP-based transgenic models : the APP23 model / Debby Van Dam and Peter Paul De Deyn -- Presenilin-based transgenic models of Alzheimer's dementia / Yuji Yoshiike and Akihiko Takashima -- APOE-based models of "pre-dementia" / Patrick M. Sullivan -- TAU models / Nicolas Sergeant and Luc Buée -- The 3xTg-AD mouse model : reproducing and modulating plaque and tangle pathology / Michael Sy, Masashi Kitazawa, and Frank LaFerla -- Cognitive dysfunction in genetic mouse models of parkinsonism / Sheila M. Fleming, J. David Jentsch, and Marie-Françoise Chesselet -- Mouse models of metachromatic leukodystrophy and adrenoleukodystrophy / Patrick Aubourg, Caroline Sevin, and Nathatie Cartier -- Animal models of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis / Ludo Van Den Bosch -- Animal models of frontotemporal dementia / Hana N. Dawson and Daniel T. Laskowitz -- CADASIL : molecular mechanisms and animal models / Karl J. Fryxell -- Spontaneously hypertensive rat (SHR) : an animal model of vascular brain disorder / Francesco Amenta and Daniele Tomassoni -- Animal models of normal pressure hydrocephalus / Petra M. Klinge -- Animal models of traumatically-induced dementia / Jennifer E. Slemmer, Mohammad Z. Hossain, and John T. Weber -- Animal models of alcohol-induced dementia / Angela Maria Ribeiro and Silvia R. Castanheira Pereira -- Animal models of metallic dementia / Luigi F. Rodella.
- Animal models of diabetes. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEPigs in diabetes research with special focus on type 2 diabetes / M.O. Larsen, B. Rolin -- Psammomys obesus : nutritionally induced insulin resistance, diabetes and beta cell loss / E. Ziv, R. Kalman, and E. Shafrir -- The spontaneously diabetic Torii (SDT) rat with human resembling retinopathy lesions / M. Shinohara, T. Masuyama, A. Kakehashi -- The Cohen diabetic rat / S. Weksler-Zangen, E. Orlinsky, D.H. Zangen -- Kk and KKay mice : models of type 2 diabetes and obesity / S. Taketomi -- Animal models to study obesity and type II diabetes induced by diet / Tamer Coskun ... [et al.].Rat models of type 1 diabetes : genetics, environment, and autoimmunity / J.P. Mordes ... [et al.] -- The NOD mouse and its related strains / H. Taniguchi, S. Makino, H. Ikegami -- Obesity/diabetes in mice with mutations in the leptin or leptin receptor genes / S. Chua Jr., L. Herberg, E.H. Leiter -- The Zucker diabetic fatty (ZDF) rat--lessons from leptin receptor defect diabetic model / R.G. Peterson -- The Goto-Kakizaki diabetic rat evolved by selective breeding / C.J. Ostenson -- The new zealand obese mouse : a polygenic model of obesity, glucose intolerance and the metabolic syndrome / B.C. Fam, S. Andrikopoulos -- The JCR:LA-cp rat : a model of the metabolic syndrome exhibiting micro-and macro-vascular disease / J.C. Russel, S.E. Kelly, S.D. Proctor -- The SHROB (Koletsky) rat as a model for metabolic syndrome / R.J. Koletzky, R.A. Velliquette, P. Ernsberger -- OLETF rats : a model for the metabolic syndrome and diabetic nephropathy in humans / K. Kawano -- Neonatally streptrozotocin-induced (n-STZ) diabetic rats, a family of type 2 diabetes models / B. Portha ... [et al.] -- The Rhesus monkey (Macaca mulatta) manifests all features of human type 2 diabetes / B. Hansen and Xenia T. Tigno --
- Animal models of drug addiction 2011, Springer ProtocolsIntracranial self-stimulation /Styliani Vlachou and Athina Markou --Stimulant self-administration /Leigh V. Panlilio --Opiate self-administration /Francesco Leri --Nicotine self-administration / Robert E. Sorge and Paul B.S. Clarke --Alcohol self-administration /Friedbert Weiss --Place conditioning /Christopher L. Cunningham, Peter A. Groblewski, and Charlene M. Voorhees --Sensitization /Jessica A. Loweth and Paul Vezina --Animal models of eating disorders /Stephanie D. Hancock and Mary C. Olmstead --Acquisition of drug self-administration /Marilyn E. Carroll and Richard A. Meisch --Escalation of drug use /Serge H. Ahmed --Environmental modulation of drug taking /Aldo Badiani ... [et al.] --Craving /Jeffrey W. Grimm --Habit formation and compulsion /David Belin ... [et al.] --Impulsivity /Andrea Bari, Trevor W. Robbins, and Jeffrey W. Dalley --Binge drug taking / Herbert E. Covington, III and Klaus A. Miczek --Withdrawal /Alasdair M. Barr, Heidi N. Boyda, and Ric M. Procyshyn --Relapse /Suzanne Erb and Franca Placenza.
- Animal models of epilepsy 2009, Springer ProtocolsThe nematode, Caenorhabditis elegans, as an emerging model for investigating epilepsy / Cody J. Locke, Kim A. Caldwell, and Guy A. Caldwell -- The genetics and molecular biology of seizure susceptibility in drosophila / Juan Song and Mark A. Tanouye -- The albino Xenopus laevis tadpole as a novel model of developmental seizures / D. Sesath Hewapathirane and Kurt Haas -- Zebrafish as a simple vertebrate organism for epilepsy research / Scott C. Baraban -- Modeling tuberous sclerosis complex: brain development and hyperexcitability / Devin C. Ess -- BK potassium channel mutations affecting neuronal function and epilepsy / David Petrik, Qing H. Chen, and Robert Brenner -- Mouse models of benign familial neonatal convulsions (BFNC): mutations in KCNQ (Kv7)genes / Nanda A. Singh ... [et al.] -- Interneuron loss as a cause of seizures: lessons from interneuron-deficient mice / Dorothy Jones-Davis, Maria-Elisa Calcagnotto, and Joy Y. Sebe -- Imaging seizure propagation in vitro / Andrew J. Trevelyan and Rafael Yuste -- Complexity untangled: large-scale realistic computational models in epilepsy / Robert J. Morgan and Ivan Soltesz -- Organotypic hippocampal slice cultures as a model of limbic epileptogenesis / Suzanne B. Bausch -- Seizure analysis and detection in vivo / Javier Echauz, Stephen Wong, and Brian Litt -- Viral vector gene therapy for epilepsy / Stacey B. Foti, Shelley J. Russek, Amy R. Brooks-Kayal, and Thomas J. McCown -- Neural stem cells in experimental mesial temporal lobe epilepsy / Michelle M. Kron and Jack M. Parent.
- Animal models of human cognitive aging 2009, SpringerNormal and pathological aging: from animals to humans / Nicole C. Berchtold and Carl W. Cotman -- Nonhuman primate models of cognitive aging / Agnès Lacreuse and James G. Herndon -- Age-related effects on prefrontal cortical systems: translating between rodents, nonhuman primates, and humans / Mark G. Baxter -- Comparison of different cognitive rat models of human aging / Candi LaSarge and Michelle Nicolle -- Mouse models of cognitive aging: behavioral tasks and neural substrates / Michael E. Calhoun -- Impact of Aβ and Tau on cognition in mouse models of Alzheimer's disease / Maya A. Koike ... [et al.] -- Hormonal influences of brain aging and age-related cognitive decline / Danielle K. Lewis and Farida Sohrabji -- Timing deficits in aging and neuropathology / Fuat Balci ... [et al.].
- Animal models of movement disorders 2005, ScienceDirect
- Animal models of pain 2011, Springer ProtocolsAssessment of pain in animals / Wenrui Xie -- Animal models of inflammatory pain / Rui-Xin Zhang and Ke Ren -- Animal models of visceral pain / Karin N. Westlund -- Animal models of pain after peripheral nerve injury / Lintao Qu and Chao Ma -- Animal models of pain after injury to the spinal ganglia and dorsal roots / Xue-Jun Song -- Localized inflammatory irritation of the lumbar ganglia : an animal model of chemogenic low back pain and radiculopathy / Jun-Ming Zhang -- Animal models of central neuropathic pain / Bryan Hains and Louis P. Vera-Portocarrero -- Animal models of cancer pain / Paul W. Wacnik, Cholawat Pacharinsak, and Alvin J. Beitz -- Animal models of diabetic neuropathic pain / Maxim Dobretsov ... [et al.] -- Animal models of HIV-associated painful sensory neuropathy / Sonia K. Bhangoo, Lauren Petty, and Fletcher A. White -- Animal models of postoperative pain / Chaoran Wu ... [et al.].
- Animal models of T cell-mediated skin diseases 2005, Springer
- Animal welfare 2008, Springer
- Ankylosing spondylitis 2011, SpringerOverview of ankylosing spondylitis -- Clinical manifestations of ankylosing spondylitis -- Diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis -- Imaging in ankylosing spondylitis -- Management of ankylosing spondylitis -- Socioeconomic aspects of ankylosing spondylitis.
- Ankylosing spondylitis and Klebsiella 2013, Springer
- Annual conference on antimicrobial resistance Lane Catalog record
- Annual update in intensive care and emergency medicine 2011-, Springer
- Anorectal and colonic diseases. 3rd ed. 2010, Springer
- Anorectal malformations in children 2006, SpringerThe results of the Krickenberg Conference, 17-20 May 2005, an international workshop of 26 international authorities on congenital malformations of the organs of the pelvis and perineum are presented.
- Ansel's Pharmaceutical dosage forms and drug delivery systems. 8th ed. Lane Catalog record
- Anterior knee pain and patellar instability. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerBackground: Patellofemoral Malalignment Versus Tissue Homeostasis Myths and Truths About Patellofemoral Disease -- In Search of the Etiology of Anterior Knee Pain -- Biological Causes of Anterior Knee Pain -- Pathogenesis of Anterior Knee Pain in the Active Young: Is There a Relation Between the Presence of Patellofemoral Malalignment and Pain? What Have We Learned from Realignment Surgery? -- Unilateral Anterior Knee Pain as a Sign of Knee Asymmetry -- Biomechanical Bases for Anterior Knee Pain and Patellar Instability -- Anatomy of Patellar Dislocation -- Evaluation of the Patient with Anterior Knee Pain and Patellar Instability -- Influence of Psychological Factors on Pain and Disability in Anterior Knee Pain Patients -- Uncommon Causes of Anterior Knee Pain -- Risk Factors and Prevention of Anterior Knee Pain -- Non-operative Treatment of Athletes with Anterior Knee Pain: Science, Classical, and New Ideas -- Conservative Management of Anterior Knee Pain: The McConnell Program -- Skeletal Malalignment and Anterior Knee Pain: Rationale, Diagnosis, and Management -- Patellar Tendinopathy: Where Does the Pain Come From? -- Biochemical Causes of Patellar Tendinopathy? -- The Pathophysiology of Patellofemoral Arthritis -- Prevention of Anterior Knee Pain After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction -- Anterior Knee Pain with Special Emphasis on the Clinical, Radiographic, Histological, Ultrastructural, and Biochemical Aspects After Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Using Autografts -- Imaging and Musculoskeletal Modeling to Investigate the Mechanical Etiology of Patellofemoral Pain -- Computational Models for Investigating the Patellofemoral Joint: Clinical Relevance.Kinetic Analysis: A Sensitive Outcome Objective Measurement Method in Evaluating Lateral Patellar Instability A Preliminary Study -- Kinetic and Kinematic Analysis in Evaluating Patients with Anterior Knee Pain -- Failure of Patellofemoral Surgery: Analysis of Clinical Cases -- Neuromatous Knee Pain: Evaluation and Management -- Kinetic and Kinematic Analysis of Iatrogenic Medial Patellar Instability: Clinical Relevance -- Ultrasound and Doppler-Guided Arthroscopic Shaving for the Treatment of Patellar Tendinopathy/Jumper's Knee: Biological Background and Description of Method -- Arthroscopic Patellar Denervation for Anterior Knee Pain -- Reconstruction of the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Reconstruction of the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- MPFL Reconstruction: Principles and Complications -- Reconstruction of the Lateral Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Reconstruction of the Lateral Patellofemoral Ligament: How I Do It -- Osteotomies Around the Patellofemoral Joint -- Sulcus Deepening Trochleoplasty -- Rotational Tibial Osteotomy -- Rotational Femoral Osteotomy -- Patella Infera and Patella Alta -- Combined Tibial Tubercle Realignment and MPFL Reconstruction -- Anteromedial Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy (Fulkerson Osteotomy) -- The Patella Thinning Osteotomy: A New Technique for Patellofemoral Arthritis -- Cartilage Restoration in the Patellofemoral Joint -- Autologous Osteochondral Mosaicplasty -- Patellofemoral Allografts -- Patellofemoral Arthroplasty: Pearls and Pitfalls -- The Patellofemoral Arthroplasty: The Great Solution, the Great Problem -- A Philosophy of the Patellofemoral Joint: A Logical Clinical Approach -- Epilogue.
- Anthropology of alternative medicine. English ed. 2012, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Alternative medicine is not a fashionable new trend, but an established cultural strategy as well as a dynamic feature of mainstream contemporary medicine, in which elements of folk traditions are often blended with Western scientific approaches. This is a concise yet wide-ranging exploration of non-biomedical healing. The book addresses a broad range of practices including: substance, energy and information flows (such as helminthic therapy); spirit, consciousness and trance (shamanism, for example); body, movement and the senses (reiki and aromtherapy); as well as classical medical traditions as complements or alternatives to Western biomedicine (such as Ayurveda). The book explores the cultural underpinnings of contemporary healing methods, while assessing current ideas, topics and resources for further study.
- Anti-angiogenic functional and medicinal foods 2007, CRCnetBASEPart I. History and Scope of Functional Foods Around the World -- Chapter 1. Scope of Conventional and Functional Foods in the U.S.A. / Jack N. Losso -- Chapter 2. Functional Foods, Nutraceuticals and Natural Health Products in Canada / Kelley Fitzpatrick and Fereidoon Shahidi -- Chapter 3. History and Scope of Functional Foods in Japan / Makoto Shimizu and Asami Kawakami -- Chapter 4. Functional Foods in India: History and Scope / Thomas Paul Devasagayam, Jai C. Tilak, and Rekha Singhal -- Chapter 5. History and Scope of Functional Foods in China / Anthony Y.H. Woo, Y. Zhao, R. Zhang, C. Zhou, and Christopher H.K. Cheng -- Chapter 6. History and Current Status of Functional Foods in Korea / Hyong Joo Lee and Young-Joon Surh -- Chapter 7. Australia and New Zealand / Harjinder Singh, Linda Tapsell, Mike Gidley, Pramod Gopal, and Paul J. Moughan -- Chapter 8. Prophylactic Phenolic Antioxidants in Functional Foods of Tropical Island States of the Mascarene Archipelago (Indian Ocean) / T. Bahorun, V. S. Neergheen, M. A. Soobrattee, V. A. Luximon-Ramma, and O. I. Aruoma -- Chapter 9. Functional Foods in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Countries: History, Scope and Dietary Habits / Fatih Yildiz, Paterna Kotzekidou, Alexandra-Maria Michaelidou, and Giuseppe Nocella -- Chapter 10. Functional Foods in the European Union / Andreu Palou, Paula Oliver, Ana Ma Rodríguez, and Antoni Caimari -- Chapter 11. Functional Foods in the European Union: Main Issues and Impact on the Food Industry / Maurizio Canavari, Alessandra Castellini, Giuseppe Nocella, and Carlo Pirazzoli -- Chapter 12. Functional Foods Legislation in Brazil / Franco M. Lajolo and Eliane Miyazaki Part II. The “Ohmics” Technologies and Functional Foods -- Chapter 13. Principles of Proteomics / Lianji Jin, Lenore Polo Rodicio, and Patrick A. Limbach -- Chapter 14. Toxicogenomics and Systems Toxicology / Michael D. Waters and Jennifer M. Fostel -- Part III. Angiogenesis and Chronic Degenerative Diseases -- Chapter 15. Endothelial Cell Responses to Physiological and Pathophysiological Environments / R.W. Siggins and C.A. Hornick -- Chapter 16. Angiogenic Switch: Roles of Estrogenic Compounds / Sushanta K. Banerjee, Gibanananda Ray, Peter Van Veldhuizen, and Snigdha Banerjee -- Chapter 17. Reactive Oxygen Species and Angiogenesis / Shampa Chatterjee -- Chapter 18. Angiogenesis in Inflammatory Arthritis / Saptarshi Mandal, Smriti Kana kundu-Raychaudhuri, and Siba P. Raychaudhuri -- Chapter 19. Angiogenesis and Cardiovascular Diseases / Robert J. Tomanek -- Chapter 20. Angiogenesis and Anti-Angiogenesis in Brain Tumors / Roland H. Goldbrunner -- Chapter 21. Diabetes and Angiogenesis / Golakoti Trimurtulu, Somepalli Venkateswarlu, and Gottumukkala V. Subbaraju -- Chapter 22. Obesity and Angiogenesis / Debasis Bagchi, Shirley Zafra-Stone, Chandan K. Sen, and Manashi Bagchi -- Part IV. Angiogenesis, Functional, and Medicinal Foods -- Chapter 23. Screening Functional Foods as Inhibitors of Angiogenesis Biomarkers / Jack N. Losso -- Chapter 24. Role of Edible Berry Anthocyanins in Angiogenesis / Manashi Bagchi, Shirley Zafra-Stone, Jack N. Losso, Chandan K. Sen, Sashwati Roy, Soumyadipta Hazra, and Debasis Bagchi -- Chapter 25. Redox Regulation of Angiogenesis: Anti-Angiogenic Properties of Edible Berries and Its Significance -- in a Clinical Setting / Gayle M. Gordillo, Debasis Bagchi, and Chandan K. Sen -- Chapter 26. A Novel Nutrient Mixture Containing Ascorbic Acid, Lysine, Proline, and Green Tea Extract Inhibits Critical Parameters in Angiogenesis / M. Waheed Roomi, V. Ivanov, T. Kalinovsky, A. Niedzwiecki, and M. Rath -- Chapter 27. Angiogenesis and Chinese Medicinal Foods / Anthony Y. H. Woo, Y. Zhao, R. Zhang, C. Zhou, and Christopher H. K. Cheng -- Chapter 28. Disposition and Metabolism of Dietary Flavonoids / Min Jung Kang and Dong-Hyun Kim.
- Anti-VEGF 2010, KargerAngiostatic and angiogenic factors / De Groot, H. ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of ocular angiogenesis and its molecular mediators / Siemerink, M.J., Augustin, A.J., Schlingemann, R.O. -- Antivascular endothelial growth factors in age-related macular degeneration / Schmidt-Erfurth, U. ... [et al.] -- Antivascular endothelial growth factor in diabetic retinopathy / Iacono, P., Parodi, M.B., Bandello, F. -- Retinal vein occlusions / Buehl, W., Sacu, S., Schmidt-Erfurth, U. --; Antivascular endothelial growth factor for choroidal neovascularization in pathologic myopia / Parodi, M.B., Iacono, P., Bandello, F. -- Antivascular endothelial growth factors for inflammatory chorioretinal disorders / Parodi, M.B. ... [et al.] -- Antivascular endothelial growth factor treatment in pseudoxanthoma elasticum patients / Verbraak, F.D. -- Antivascular endothelial growth factor in hereditary dystrophies / Parodi, M.B., Iacono, P., Bandello, F. -- Antivascular endothelial growth factor as an approach for macular edema / Buchholz, P., Buchholz, A., Augustin, A.J. -- Angiogenesis and vascular endothelial growth factors in intraocular tumors / Missotten, G.S., Jager, M.J., Schlingemann, R.O. -- Antivascular endothelial growth factors in anterior segment diseases / Scholl, S., Kirchhof, J., Augustin, A.J.
- Antiangiogenic agents in cancer therapy 2008, Springer
- Antiangiogenic cancer therapy 2008, CRCnetBASEPart I: Angiogenesis in cancer -- Strategies to prolong the nonangiogenic dormant state of human cancer / George N. Naumov and Judah Folkman -- Vascular endothelial growth factor: basic biology and clinical implications / Napoleone Ferrara -- Angiogenesis in solid tumors / Rakesh K. Jain and Dan G. Duda -- Pathophysiologic role of VEGF in hematologic malignancies / Klaus Podar ... [et al.] -- Tumor microenvironment and angiogenesis / Cheryl H. Baker and Isaiah J. Fidler -- Part II: Targeting angiogenesis for cancer therapy -- Tyrosine kinase inhibitors of angiogenesis / Janessa J. Laskin and Alan B. Sandler -- Development of antiangiogenic monoclonal antibodies for cancer therapy / Zhenping Zhu and Daniel J. Hicklin -- Targeting fibroblast growth factor / fibroblast growth factor receptor system in angiogenesis / Marco Rusnati and Marco Presta -- Development of the VEGF trap as a novel antiangiogenic treatment currently in clinical trials for cancer and eye diseases, and discovery of the next generation of angiogenesis targets / John S. Rudge ... [et al.] -- Proteinases and their inhibitors in angiogenesis / Yves A. DeClerck, Khalid Bajou, and Walter E. Laug -- Prostaglandins and COX-2: role in antiangiogenic therapy / Kristin Hennenfent, Daniel Morgensztern, and Ramaswamy Govindan -- Integrins, adhesion, and coadhesion inhibitors in angiogenesis / Abebe Akalu and Peter C. Brooks -- Conventional therapeutics with antiangiogenic activity / Christian Hafner, Thomas Vogt, and Albrecht Reichle -- Vascular disrupting agents / David J. Chaplin, Graeme J. Dougherty, and Dietmar W. Siemann -- Vascular and hematopoietic stem cells as targets for antiangiogenic therapy / Carlos Almeida Ramos, Hans-Georg Kopp, and Shahin Rafii -- Genetic strategies for targeting angiogenesis / Anita Tandle, Mijung Kwon, and Steven K. Libutti -- Identification of new targets using expression profiles / Thomas R. Burkard ... [et al.].; Part III: Translating angiogenesis inhibitors to the clinic -- Clinical trial design and regulatory issues / Ramzi N. Dagher and Richard Pazdur -- Surrogate markers for antiangiogenic cancer therapy / Darren W. Davis -- Noninvasive surrogates / Bruno Morgan and Mark A. Horsfield -- Pharmacodynamic markers in tissues / Darren W. Davis -- Blood-based biomarkers for VEGF inhibitors / Amado J. Zurita, Hua-Kang Wu, and John V. Heymach -- Part IV: Treatment of specific cancers with angiogenesis inhibitors -- Antiangiogenic therapy for colorectal cancer / Paulo M. Hoff and Everardo D. Saad -- Combined modality therapy of rectal cancer / Christopher G. Willett and Dan G. Duda -- Antiangiogenic therapy for breast cancer / Pablo M. Bedano ... [et al.] -- Antiangiogenic therapy for lung malignancies / David J. Stewart -- Antiangiogenic therapy for prostate cancer / Leslie K. Walker, Glenn Liu, and George Wilding -- Antiangiogenic therapy for hematologic malignancies / Karen W.L. Yee and Francis J. Giles -- Antiangiogenic therapy for gliomas / Heinrich Elinzano and Howard A. Fine -- Antiangiogenic therapy for Kaposi's sarcoma / Henry B. Koon, Liron Pantanowitz, and Bruce J. Dezube -- Antiangiogenic therapy for melanoma / Keith Dredge and Angus G. Dalgleish -- Sunitinib and renal cell carcinoma / Robert J. Motzer and Sakina Hoosen.
- Antibiotic discovery and development 2012, Springer
- Antibiotic policies 2007, Springer
- Antibiotic policies 2005, Springer
- Antibiotic policies 2011, Springer
- Antibiotic resistance 2012, Springer
- Antibiotics 2010, Springer
- Antibiotics and antiseptics in periodontal therapy 2011, Springer
- Antibiotics as anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory agents 2005, Springer
- Antibiotics in laboratory medicine. 5th ed. 2005, OvidThe breakpoint / Matthew A. Wikler, Paul G. Ambrose -- Antimicrobial susceptibility on solid media / John D. Turnidge, Jan M. Bell -- Susceptibility testing of antimicrobials in liquid media / Daniel Amsterdam -- Antimicrobial susceptibility testing of anaerobic bacteria / David W. Hecht -- Antimycobacterial agents: in vitro susceptibility testing and mechanisms of action and resistance / Clark B. Inderlied and Kevin A. Nash -- Antifungal drugs: mechanisms of action, drug resistance, susceptibility testing, and assays of activity in biological fluids / Michael A. Pfaller, Daniel J. Diekema, and Michael G. Rinaldi -- Antimicrobial susceptibility testing for some atypical microorganisms (chlamydia, mycoplasma, rickettsia, ehrlichia, coxiella, and spirochetes) / Jean-Marc Rolain, Didier Raoult -- Applications, significance of, and methods for the measurement of antimicrobial concentrations in human body fluids / Roger D. Klein and Stephen C. Edberg -- Antimicrobial combinations / Satish K. Pillai, Robert C. Moellering, Jr., and George M. Eliopoulos --Genetic and biochemical mechanisms of bacterial resistance to antimicrobial agents / Louis B. Rice and Robert A. Bonomo -- Molecular methods for the detection of antibacterial resistance genes / Margareta Ieven -- Molecular mechanisms of action for antimicrobial agents: general principles and mechanisms for selected classes of antibiotics / Charles W. Stratton -- The antivirogram and the modes of action of antiviral agents, HIV, hepatitis, influenza, and cytomegalovirus / Pierre Dellamonica ... [et al.] -- Disinfectants and antiseptics, modes of action, mechanisms of resistance, and testing / Joseph M. Ascenzi, Martin S. Favero -- Evaluation of antimicrobials in experimental animal infections / Terry O' Reilly ... [et al.] -- Extravascular antimicrobial distribution and the respective blood and urine concentrations in humans / David M. Bamberger ... [et al.] -- Epidemiology of antimicrobial resistance: species prevalence, susceptibility profiles, and resistance trends / Thomas R. Fritsche, Helio S. Sader, Ronald N. Jones.
- Antibodies v. 7, , CRCnetBASE
- Antibody engineering 2004, Springer Protocols
- Antibody expression and production 2011, SpringerEngineered antibodies currently represent over 30 per cent of biopharmaceuticals in clinical trials and their total worldwide sales continue to increase significantly. The importance of antibody applications is reflected in their increasing clinical and industrial applications as well as in the progression of established and emerging production strategies. This volume provides detailed coverage of the generation, optimization, characterization, production and applications of antibody. It provides the necessary theoretical background and description of methods for the expression of antibody in.
- Antibody fc 2014, ScienceDirect
- Antibody-drug conjugates and immunotoxins 2013, SpringerThe concept of delivering 'magic bullets' to treat diseases was first proposed by Paul Erlich in the early 1900's. The realization of this concept for the treatment of cancer occurred in the late 1990's with the approval of monoclonal antibody therapies. The use of monoclonal antibodies conjugated (linked) to potent cytotoxic agents (antibody-drug conjugates, ADCs) for specifically delivering cytotoxics to cancer cells was an obvious extension of antibody-based therapy. ADCs have been under intense investigation for several decades; progress, however, has been limited due to toxicity or lack of improved efficacy compared to unconjugated cytotoxics. More recently, linker technology and target selection have advanced such that several ADCs and immunotoxins are undergoing clinical testing or are approved for use. This important volume gives the latest and most comprehensive information on the topic, describing different types of ADCs and immunotoxins for both hematologic and solid malignancies. Finally, the volume highlights the promise that this technology holds for diverse types of human cancer.
- Anticancer agents from natural products 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Anticancer agents from natural products. 2nd ed. 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book covers clinically used anticancer agents that are either natural products or are clearly derived from natural product leads. The second edition includes drugs that are currently in development. In addition, the text emphasizes the applications of synthetic and medicinal chemistry to the preparation of analogs with enhanced activities. Contributors also address the potential of novel drug discovery through the use of genome mining as well as the status of advanced development candidates. For each compound of class of compounds, the text provides information on the history, structure, mechanism of action, development, synthesis, medicinal chemistry, and clinical applications"-- Provided by publisher."The search for new lead compounds is a crucial element of modern pharmaceutical research. Natural products provided the only source of pharmaceuticals for thousands of years, and natural products have made enormous contributions to human health through compounds such as quinine, morphine, aspirin (a natural product analog), digitoxin, and many others. The potential of natural products as anticancer agents was recognized in the 1950's by the U. S. National Cancer Institute (NCI) under the leadership of the late Dr. Jonathan Hartwell, and the NCI has since made major contributions to the discovery of new naturally occurring anticancer agents through its contract and grant support, including an important program of plant and marine collections. Many, although not all, of the compound classes described in the following pages owe their origin in whole or in part to NCI support. In spite of the success of the natural products approach to anticancer drug discovery, as exemplified by the following chapters, in recent years their importance as a source of molecular diversity for drug discovery research and development has been overshadowed by newer chemical approaches currently in favor. These approaches include chemical ones which make heavy use of combinatorial chemistry, and biological ones such as manipulation of biosynthetic pathways of microbial metabolites through combinatorial biosynthetic techniques. It is thus worthwhile to review briefly the major reasons why natural products are so important. First, there is a strong biological and ecological rationale for plants and marine invertebrates to produce novel bioactive secondary metabolites"-- Provided by publisher.
- Anticancer drug development 2002, ScienceDirectA brief history of cancer chemotherapy -- Novel targets in the cell cycle and cell cycle checkpoints -- Growth factor and signal transduction targets for cancer therapy -- Cell death pathways as targets for anticancer drugs -- Drug resistance pathways as targets -- Role of matrix metalloproteinases and plasminogen activators in cancer invasion and metastasis: therapeutic strategies -- Tumor vasculature as a target -- Gene-directed enzyme prodrug therapy -- Tumor antigens as targets for anticancer drug development -- Structure-based drug design and its contributions to cancer chemotherapy -- The contribution of synthetic organic chemistry to anticancer drug development -- Biosynthetic products for anticancer drug design and treatment: the bryostatins -- DNA-encoded peptide libraries and drug discovery -- Mechanism-based high-throughput screening for novel anticancer drug discovery -- Tumor cell cultures in drug development -- Screening using animal systems -- Relevance of preclinical pharmacology and toxicology to Phase I trial extrapolation techniques: relevance of animal toxicity -- Clinical trial design: incorporation of pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, and pharmacogenetic principle -- Tumor imaging applications in the testing of new drugs -- Mechanistic approaches to Phase I clinical trials.
- Drug development in Europe: the academic perspective / Chris Twelves ... [et al.] -- The phase III clinical cancer trial / Ramzi N. Dagher and Richard Pazdur -- Assessing tumor-related symptoms and health-related quality of life in cancer clinical trials: a regulatory perspective / Judy H. Chiao, Grant Williams, and Donna Griebel -- The role of the oncology drug advisory committee in the FDA review process for oncologic products / Leslie A. Vaccari -- FDA role in cancer drug development and requirements for approval / Susan Flamm Honig.High-volume screening / Michel Pagä -- High-throughput screening in industry / Michael D. Boisclair ... [et al.] -- The NCI human tumor cell line (60-cell) screen: concept, implementation, and applications / Michael R. Boyd -- Human tumor screening / Axel-R. Hanauske, Susan G. Hilsenbeck, and Daniel D. Von Hoff -- Murine L1210 and P388 leukemias / William R. Waud -- In vivo methods for screening and preclinical testing: use of rodent solid tumors for drug discovery / Thomas Corbett ... [et al.] -- Human tumor xenograft models in NCI drug development / Michael C. Alley ... [et al.] -- Specialized in vitro/in vivo procedures employed by the NCI in preclinical drug evaluations / Melinda G. Hollingshead ... [et al.] --Patient-like orthotopic metastatic models of human cancer / Robert M. Hoffman -- Preclinical models for combination therapy / Beverly A. Teicher -- Models for biomarkers and minimal residual tumor / Beverly A. Teicher -- Spontaneously occurring tumors in companion animals as models for drug development / David M. Vail and Douglas H. Thamm -- Nonclinical testing: from theory to practice / Denis Roy and Paul A. Andrews -- Nonclinical testing for oncology drug products / Paul A. Andrews and Denis Roy -- Nonclinical testing for oncology biologic products / Carolyn M. Laurenìot, Denis Roy, and Paul A. Andrews --Working with the national cancer institute / Paul Thambi and Edward A. Sausville -- Phase I trial design and methodology for anticancer drugs / Patrick V. Acevedo, Deborah L. Toppmeyer, and Eric H. Rubin -- Phase II trials: conventional design and novel strategies in the era of targeted therapies / Keith T. Flaherty and Peter J. O'Dwyer --
- Anticarbohydrate antibodies 2012, Springer
- Anticoagulants, antiplatelets, and thrombolytics 2004, Springer Protocols
- Antiepileptic drug interactions. Second edition. 2013, Springer
- Antifungal agents 2005, Springer ProtocolsSusceptibility testing methods of antifungal agents / Erika J. Ernst -- Deoxyribonucleic acid fingerprinting methods for Candida species / Shawn R. Lockhart ... [et al.] -- CARE-2 fingerprinting of Candida albicans isolates / Joachim Morschhäuser, Peter Staib, and Gerwald Köhler -- Targeted gene deletion in Candida albicans wild-type strains by MPAR flipping / Joachim Morschhäuser, Peter Staib, and Gerwald Köhler -- Application of Deoxyribonucleic acid microarray analysis to the study of azole antifungal resistance in Candida albicans / Katherine S. Barker and P. David Rogers -- Application of proteomic analysis to the study of azole antifungal resistance in Candida albicans / Massoumeh Z. Hooshdaran, George M. Hilliard, and P. David Rogers -- Techniques for antifungal susceptibility testing of Candida albicans biofilms / Gordon Ramage and Josʹe Luis Lʹopez-Ribot -- Natural products and antifungal drug discovery / Melissa R. Jacob and Larry A. Walker -- Use of an animal model of disseminated candidiasis in the evaluation of antifungal therapy / David Andes -- Murine model of invasive aspergillosis / Russell E. Lewis and Nathan P. Wiederhold -- Antifungal combinations / Roxana G. Vitale, Javier Afeltra, and Eric Dannaoui -- Post-antifungal effect methods / Roxana G. Vitale -- Evaluation of immunotherapy in invasive candidiasis: antifungal activity and cytokine expression assays / Maria Simitsopoulou and Emmanuel Roilides -- Interaction of histoplasma capsulatum with human macrophages, dendritic cells, and neutrophils / Simon L. Newman -- Immunology of infection caused by cryptococcus neoformans / Floyd L. Wormley, Jr. and John R. Perfect.
- antimicrobe.org DatabaseIncludes information on antimicrobial therapy and alternative therapy when the drug of choice cannot be given. The resource delivers information via review articles, capsule summaries, mini-reviews, and a guided PubMed search to pick up post-publication research.
- Antimicrobial chemotherapy. 6th ed. / 2012, OvidPt. 1. General properties of antimicrobial agents -- Pt. 2. Resistance to antimicrobial agents -- Pt. 3. General principles of usage of antimicrobial agents -- Pt. 4. Therapeutic use of antimicrobial agents.
- Antimicrobial drug resistance v. 1-2, 2009., Springerv. 2, 2009 Springerv. 1. Mechanisms of drug resistance -- v. 2. Clinical and epidemiological aspects.
- Antimicrobial peptides and human disease 2006, SpringerPaneth cell [alpha]-defensin synthesis and function / A.J. Ouellette -- Immunomodulatory properties of defensins and cathelicidins / D.M.E. Bowdish, D.J. Davidson, and R.E.W. Hancock -- Host antimicrobial defence peptides in human disease / B. Agerberth and G.H. Guðmundsson -- Antimicrobial peptides: an essential component of the skin defensive barrier / M.H. Braff and R.L. Gallo -- Antimicrobial peptides versus invasive infections / M.R. Yeaman and A.S. Bayer -- Antimicrobial peptides in the airway / D.M. Laube ... [et al.] -- Hepcidin: a peptide hormone at the interface of innate immunity and iron metabolism / T. Ganz -- Innate host defense of human vaginal and cervical mucosae / A.M. Cole -- Molecular mechanisms of bacterial resistance to antimicrobial peptides / D. Kraus and A. Peschel -- Bacterial evasion of antimicrobial peptides by biofilm formation / M. Otto.
- Antimicrobial peptides and innate immunity 2013, SpringerEvolution of Antimicrobial Peptides: A View from the Cystine Chapel -- Innate Immunity in Plants: The Role of Antimicrobial Peptides -- Antimicrobial Peptides Produced by Microorganisms -- LL-37: An Immunomodulatory Antimicrobial Host Defence Peptide -- Wound Repair and Antimicrobial Peptides -- WAPing Out Pathogens and Disease in the Mucosa: Roles for SLPI and Trappin-2 -- Histatins: Multifunctional Salivary Antimicrobial Peptides -- Structure-Function Relationships of Antimicrobial Chemokines -- Mechanisms and Significance of Bacterial Resistance to Human Cationic Antimicrobial Peptides -- Antimicrobial Peptides and Inflammatory Bowel Disease -- Cystic Fibrosis and Defective Airway Innate Immunity -- Antimicrobial Peptides in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease -- Host Defense Peptides: Immune Modulation and Antimicrobial Activity In Vivo -- Helping the Host: Induction of Antimicrobial Peptides as a Novel Therapeutic Strategy Against Infections.
- Antimicrobial resistance 2010, KargerCommunity-associated methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus / Miller, L.G. -- Infections with organisms producing extended-spectrum [beta]-lactamase / Paterson, D.L., Doi, Y. -- Fluoroquinolone resistance : challenges for disease control / Parry, C.M. -- Antibiotic resistance and community-acquired pneumonia during an influenza pandemic / Moore, M.R., Whitney, C.G. -- Promoting appropriate antimicrobial drug use in the outpatient setting : what works? / Belongia, E.A., Mangione-Smith, R., Knobloch, M.J. -- Reducing antimicrobial-resistant infections in health care settings : what works? / Rezai, K., Weinstein, R.A. -- Cost of antimicrobial resistance in healthcare settings : a critical review / Merz, L.R., Guth, R.M., Fraser, V.J. -- Mass treatment of parasitic disease : implications for the development and spread of anthelmintic resistance / Curcher, T.S. ... [et al.] -- Antifungal drug resistance : clinical importance, in vitro detection and implications for prophylaxis and treatment / Arthington-Skaggs, B.A., Frade, J.P. -- Preparing for HIV drug resistance in the developing world / Bennett, D.E.
- Emerging resistance among candida species : trends and treatment considerations for candidemia -- Early appropriate empiric therapy and antimicrobial de-escalation / James M. Hollands ... [et al.] -- Antimicrobial cycling strategies programs / Bernard C. Camins and Victoria J. Fraser -- Antimicrobial stewardship : rationale for and practical considerations of programmatic institutional efforts to optimize antimicrobial use / Robert C Owens, Jr. -- Computer-assisted programs to optimize antimicrobial use / Stanley L. Pestotnik and Jonathan B. Olson -- Practical application of pharmacodynamic principles to optimize therapy and treat resistant organisms : a focus on beta-lactam antibiotics / Thomas P. Lodise, Ben M. Lomaestro, and George L. Drusano -- Shorter course antibiotic therapy (SCAT) : principles, current data, and caveats / Donald E. Craven ... [et al.] -- Impact of guidelines on antimicrobial treatment of respiratory tract infections / Thomas M. File -- The impact of hospital epidemiology on the management and control of antimicrobial resistance : issues and controversies / August J. Valenti -- Combination antimicrobial therapy for gram-negative infections : what is the evidence? / Nasia Safdar and Cybele L. Abad -- Antibiotic resistance : modern principles and management strategies to optimize outpatient use of antibiotics / Sharon B. Meropol and Joshua P. Metlay.The attributable costs of resistant infections in hospital settings: economic theory and application / R. Douglas Scott II and Rebecca R. Roberts -- Benchmarking : its utility in the fight against antibacterial resistance / Sujata M. Bhavnani and Glenn S. Tillotsen -- Antibiotic resistance : opportunity or obstacle for the pharmaceutical industry? / Glenn S. Tillotsen -- Understanding studies of resistant organisms : focus on epidemiological methods / Ebbing Lautenbach -- Staphylococcus aureus : resistance update and treatment options / Pamela A. Moise and George Sakoulas -- Enterococci : resistance update and treatment options / Peter K. Linden -- Streptococcus pneumoniae : resistance update and treatment options / Nicole Akar, William R. Bishai, and Sanjay K. Jain -- Acinetobacter species : resistance update and treatment options / Lisa L. Maragakis and Trish M. Perl -- Pseudomonas aeruginosa : an understanding of resistance issues / Karen Lolans, Maria Virginia Villegas, and John P. Quinn -- Problematic beta-lactamases : an update / Marion S. Helfand and Louis B. Rice -- Clostridium difficile-infection : overview and update with a focus on antimicrobial resistance as a risk factor / Robert C. Owens, Jr., August J. Valenti, and Mark H. Wilcox --
- Mechanisms of resistance by gram-positive bacteria (streptococci and enterococci) /Javier Aspa Marco ... [et al.] --Emergence of MRSA in the community /Adam L. Cohen, Rachel Gorwitz, and Daniel B. Jernigan --Antimicrobial resistance to sexually transmitted infections /Hillard Weinstock, David Trees, and John Papp --Resistance of gram-negative bacilli to antimicrobials /Patricia A. Bradford and Charles R. Dean --Mycobacterial antimicrobial resistance /Peter D.O. Davies and Richard Cooke --Antimicrobial resistance of anaerobic bacteria /Ellie J.C. Goldstein, Diane M. Citron, and David W. Hecht --Clinical significance and biological basis of HIV drug resistance /Jorge L. Martinez-Cajas, Marco Petrella, and Mark A. Wainberg --Resistance of herpesviruses to antiviral agents /G. Boivin and W.L. Drew --Hepatitis virus resistance /Jean-Michel Pawlotsky --Resistance to antifungal agents /Beth A. Arthington-Skaggs and John H. Rex --An anti-mutant approach for antimicrobial use /Karl Drlica ... [et al.]
- Antimicrobial resistance in developing countries 2010, SpringerGeneral issues in antimicrobial resistance -- Global perspectives of antibiotic resistance -- Mechanisms of antimicrobial resistance -- Poverty and root causes of resistance in developing countries -- What the future holds for resistance in developing countries -- Introduction of antimicrobial agents in resource-constrained countries: impact on the emergence of resistance -- Human impact of resistance -- Human immunodeficiency virus: resistance to antiretroviral drugs in developing countries -- Drug resistance in malaria in developing countries -- Drug resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis -- Antifungal drug resistance in developing countries -- Drug resistance in African trypanosomiasis -- Antimicrobial resistance in enteric pathogens in developing countries -- Bacterial-resistant infections in resource-limited countries -- Prevalence of resistant enterococci in developing countries -- Antimicrobial resistance in gram-negative bacteria from developing countries -- Resistance in reservoirs and human commensals -- Antimicrobial use and misuse -- Determinants of antimicrobial use: poorly understood-poorly researched -- Antimicrobial use and resistance in Africa -- Antimicrobial drug resistance in Asia -- Antimicrobial drug resistance in Latin American and the Caribbean -- Hospital infections by antimicrobial-resistant organisms in developing countries -- Cost, policy, and regulation of antimicrobials -- Economic burden of antimicrobial resistance in the developing world -- Strengthening health systems to improve access to antimicrobials and the containment of resistance -- Role of unregulated sale and dispensing of antimicrobial agents on the development of antimicrobial resistance in developing countries -- Counterfeit and substandard anti-infectives in developing countries -- Strategies to contain antimicrobial resistance -- Containment of antimicrobial resistance in developing countries and lessons learned -- Surveillance of antibiotic resistance in developing countries: needs, constraints and realities -- Vaccines: a cost-effective strategy to contain antimicrobial resistance -- Teaching appropriate antibiotic use in developing countries -- Containing global antibiotic resistance: ethical drug promotion in the developing world -- News media reporting of antimicrobial resistance in Latin America and India.
- Antimicrobials in food. 3rd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Antioxidant vitamins C and E 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Antioxidants and cardiovascular disease. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Antiphospholipid syndrome 2012, SpringerPart 1.History of Antiphospholipid Syndrome --1.Overview of the Last 25 Years and 13 International Congresses on Antiphospholipid Antibodies /Eon Nigel Harris and Silvia S. Pierangeli --Part II.Basic Science Aspects of Antiphospholipid Syndrome --2. What is the Oirgin of Antiphospholipid Antibodies? /Rohan Willis, Yehuda Shoenfeld, Silvia S. Pierangeli and Miri Blank --3.What is the Genetics of Antiphospholipid Antibodies/Syndrome? /Thomas L. Ortel, Pier Luigi Meroni, Marta E. Alarcón-Riquelme, Maria O. Borghi and Joan T. Merrill --4.What is the Mechanism(s) of Antiphospholipid Antibody-Mediated Thrombosis? /Rohan Willis, Ian P. Giles, Pojen P. Chen, Chary López-Pedrera and María José Cuadrado, and Silvia S. Pierangeli --5.What is the Mechanism(s) of Antiphospholipid Antibody-Mediated Pregnancy Morbidity? /Vikki M. Abrahams, Maria O. Borghi, Pier Luigi Meroni, Jacob H. Rand, Elena Raschi, Jane E. Salmon, Francesco Tedesco, and Angela Tincani --6.What are the Target Cells and Receptors that are Recognized by Antiphospholipid Antibodies? /Philip G. de Groot, Elena Raschi, Keith R. McCrae, Silvia S. Pierangeli, Panayiotis G. Vlachoyiannopoulos, and Rolf T. Urbanus --Part 3.13th Iinternational Congress on Antiphospholid Antibodies Task Force Reports --7.Task Force Report on "Criteria" Antiphospholipid Antibody Tests /Robert A. S. Roubey and Silvia S. Pierangeli --8.Task Force Report on "Non-criteria" Antiphospholipid Antibody Tests /Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Olga Amengual, Tatsuya Atsumi, Walter L. Binder, William H. Kutteh, Bas de Laat, [and others] --9.Task Force Report on Obstetric Antiphospholipid Syndrome /D. Ware Branch, Benjamin Leader and Carl A. Laskin --10.Task Force Report on Brain Involvement in Antiphospholipid Syndrome /Joab Chapman, Eyal Muscal and Robin L. Brey --11.Task Force Report on the Management of Thrombosis in Antiphospholipid Syndrome /Guillermo Ruiz-Irastorza, Vittorio Pengo, Maria G. Tektonidou, Ioana Ruiz-Arruza, María José Cuadrado, and Munther A. Khamashta --12.Task Force Report on Catastrophic Antiphospholipid Syndrome /Gerard Espinosa, Horacio Berman, Doruk Erkan and Ricard Cervera --13.Task Force Report on Non-criteria Manifestations: Thrombocytopenia /Gabriela Hernández-Molina, Xavier López-Karpovitch, Emilio B. González and Antonio R. Cabral --14.Task Force Report on Non-criteria Manifestations: Nephropathy /Maria G. Tektonidou, Horacio E. Adrogué and Smita Vaidya --15.Task Force Report on Non-criteria Manifestations: Cardiac Valve Disease /Gerard Espinosa, Lucía Fernández de Orueta, Elena Lluch, María Ángeles Polvorosa, Sandra Soro, and Ricard Cervera --16.Task Force Report on Non-criteria Manifestations: Skin /Michal Solomon, Yehuda Shoenfeld and Gisele Zandman-Goddard --17.Task Force Report on Antiphospholipid Syndrome Clinical Research /Doruk Erkan, Silvia S. Pierangeli and Michael D. Lockshin --Part 4.Future of Antiphospholipid Syndrome --18.What are the Potential Future Treatments in Antiphospholipid Syndrome? /Doruk Erkan, Anisur Rahman, Hannah Cohen, Samuel J. Machin and Silvia S. Pierangeli --19.Remembrances of Predictions Past /Michael D. Lockshin --Part 5.Antiphospholipid Syndrome for Patients --20.What Should Patients Know about Antiphospholipid Antibodies and Antiphospholipid Syndrome? /Doruk Erkan, Lindsay Lally and Michael D. Lockshin.
- Antiphospholipid syndrome handbook 2010, SpringerHistory / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta -- Epidemiology / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta -- Antiphospholipid Antibodies / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta -- Classification Criteria for APS / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta -- Mortality, Morbidity, and Damage Associated with aPL / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta -- Differences Between Primary and Secondary APS / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta -- Clinical Features / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta -- aPL and Transplantation / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta -- Differential Diagnosis / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta -- Management of APS / Maria Laura Bertolaccini, Oier Ateka-Barrutia and Munther A. Khamashta.
- Antiphospholipid syndrome in systemic autoimmune diseases. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Antiplatelet agents 2012, SpringerPart 1.Pathophysiology.Platelets: Production, Morphology and Ultrastructure /Jonathan N. Thon and Joseph E. Italiano --Platelet Receptors /Alexandre Kauskot and Marc F. Hoylaerts --Platelet Signaling /Timothy J. Stalker, Debra K. Newman, Peisong Ma, Kenneth M. Wannemacher and Lawrence F. Brass --Platelet Interaction with the Vessel Wall /Philip G. de Groot, Rolf T. Urbanus and Mark Roest --Platelets in Atherosclerosis and Thrombosis /Christian Schulz and Steffen Massberg.Part 2.Pharmacology.Aspirin and Other COX-1 Inhibitors /Carlo Patrono and Bianca Rocca --Thienopyridines and Other ADP-Receptor Antagonists /Isabell Bernlochner and Dirk Sibbing --Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa Antagonists /Karen M. Hook and Joel S. Bennett --Targeting Phosphodiesterases in Anti-platelet Therapy /Matthew T. Rondina and Andrew S. Weyrich --PAR-1 Inhibitors: A Novel Class of Antiplatelet Agents for the Treatment of Patients with Atherothrombosis /Sergio Leonardi and Richard C. Becker --Thromboxane Receptors Antagonists and/or Synthase Inhibitors /Giovanni Davì, Francesca Santilli and Natale Vazzana --Inhibitors of the Interaction Between von Willebrand Factor and Platelet GPIb/IX/V /Paolo Gresele and Stefania Momi --Inhibitors of the Interactions Between Collagen and Its Receptors on Platelets /Hans Deckmyn, Simon F. De Meyer, Katleen Broos and Karen Vanhoorelbeke --Intracellular Signaling as a Potential Target for Antiplatelet Therapy /Patrick Andre --Novel Targets for Platelet Inhibition /Kathleen Freson and Chris Van Geet --Variability of Platelet Indices and Function: Acquired and Genetic Factors /Giovanni de Gaetano, Iolanda Santimone, Francesco Gianfagna, Licia Iacoviello and Chiara Cerletti --Small RNAs as Potential Platelet Therapeutics /Leonard C. Edelstein and Paul F. Bray --Pharmacological Modulation of the Inflammatory Actions of Platelets /Richard Amison, Clive Page and Simon Pitchford.Part 3.Therapy.The Role of Laboratory Monitoring in Antiplatelet Therapy /Marco Cattaneo --Antiplatelet Agents in Ischemic Heart Disease /Christopher H. May and A. Michael Lincoff --Antiplatelet Therapy in Cerebrovascular Disorders /Ralph Weber, Johannes Brenck and Hans-Christoph Diener --Antiplatelet Therapy in Peripheral Artery Disease /Francesco Violi, Stefania Basili, Jeffrey S. Berger and William R. Hiatt --Primary Prevention of Ischaemic Cardiovascular Disorders with Antiplatelet Agents /Tom Meade.
- Antiplatelet and anticoagulation therapy 2013, Springer
- Antiplatelet therapy in ACS and A-Fib 2012, Karger
- Antiretroviral resistance in clinical practice 2006, NCBI Bookshelf
- Antisense drug technology. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEMechanisms of antisense drug action, an introduction / Stanley T. Crooke ... [et al.] -- The RNase H mechanism / Walt Lima, Hongjiang Wu, and Stanley T. Crooke -- Small RNA silencing pathways / Alla Sigova and Phillip D. Zamore -- Splice switching oligonucleotides as potential therapeutics / Peter Sazani, Maria A. Graziewicz, and Ryszard Kole -- Basic principles of antisense drug discovery / Susan M. Freier and Andrew T. Watt -- The medicinal chemistry of oligonucleotides / Eric E. Swayze and Balkrishen Bhat -- Basic principles of the pharmacokinetics of antisense oligonucleotide drugs / Arthur A. Levin, Rosie Z. Yu, and Richard S. Geary -- Routes and formulations for delivery of antisense oligonucleotides / Gregory E. Hardee, Lloyd G. Tillman, and Richard S. Geary -- Liposomal formulations for nucleic acid delivery / Ian MacLachlan -- Pharmacological properties of 2'-O-methoxyethyl-modified oligonucleotides / C. Frank Bennett -- Pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic properties of phosphorothioate 2'-O-(2-methoxyethyl)-modified antisense oligonucleotides in animals and man / Richard S. Geary ... [et al.] -- Toxicologic properties of 2'-O-methoxyethyl chimeric antisense inhibitors in animals and man / Scott P. Henry ... [et al.] -- An overview of the clinical safety experience of first- and second-generation antisense oligonucleotides / T. Jesse Kwoh -- Manufacturing and analytical processes for 2'-O-(2-methoxyethyl)-modified oligonucleotides / Daniel C. Capaldi and Anthony N. Scozzari -- Utilizing chemistry to harness RNA interference pathways for therapeutics : chemically modified siRNAs and antagomirs / Muthiah Manoharan and Kallanthottathil G. Rajeev.Discovery and development of RNAi therapeutics / Antonin R. deFougerolles and John M. Maraganore -- Optimization of second-generation antisense drugs: going beyond generation 2.0 / Brett P. Monia ... [et al.] -- Modulating gene function with peptide nucleic acids (PNA) / Peter E. Nielsen -- Locked nucleic acid / Troels Koch and Henrik Ørum -- Morpholinos / Patrick L. Iversen -- Potential therapeutic applications of antisense oligonucleotides in ophthalmology / Lisa R. Grillone and Scott P. Henry -- Cardiovascular therapeutic applications / Rosanne M. Crooke, Brenda Baker, and Mark Wedel -- Developing antisense drugs for metabolic diseases: a novel therapeutic approach / Sanjay Bhanot -- Inflammatory diseases / Susan A. Gregory and James G. Karras -- Antisense oligonucleotides for the treatment of cancer / Boris A. Hadaschik and Martin E. Gleave -- Targeting neurological disorders with antisense oligonucleotides / Richard A. Smith and Timothy M. Miller -- Mechanisms and therapeutic applications of immune modulatory oligodeoxynucleotide and oligoribonucleotide ligands for toll-like receptors / Jörg Vollmer and Arthur M. Krieg -- Aptamer opportunities and challenges / Charles Wilson.
- Antisense therapeutics. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer ProtocolsAntisense therapeutics: a promise waiting to be fulfilled / M. Ian Phillips -- Antisense inhibition: oligonucleotides, ribozymes and siRNAs / Y. Clare Zhang ... [et al.] -- Local application of antisense for prevention of restenosis / Patrick L. Iversen ... [et al.] -- Antisense therapeutics for hypertension: targeting the renin-angiotensin system / M. Ian Phillips and Birgitta Kimura -- Antisense strategies for the treatment of heart failure / Sian E. Harding, Federica del Monte, and Roger J. Hajjar -- Clinical studies of antisense oligonucleotides for cancer therapy / Rosanne M. Orr and F. Andrew Dorr -- Antisense therapy in clinical oncology: preclinical and clinical experiences / Ingo Tamm -- Radionucleide-peptide nucleic acid diagnosis and treatment of pancreatic cancer / Eric Wickstrom ... [et al.] -- Suppression of pancreatic and colon cancer cells by antisense K-ras RNA expression vectors / Kazunori Aoki, Shumpei Ohnami, and Teruhiko Yoshida -- Induction of tumor cell apoptosis and chemosensitization by antisense strategies / Manuel Rieber and Mary Strasberg-Rieber -- Utility of an anti-oncogene ribozymes and antisense oligonucletoides in reversing drug resistance / Tadao Funato -- Transport of antisense across the blood-brain barrier / Laura B. Jaeger and William A. Banks -- Transdermal delivery of antisense oligonucletoides / Rhonda M. Brand and Patrick L. Iversen -- Antisense strategies for redirection of drug metabolism: using paclitaxel as a model / Vikram Arora -- Antisense oligonucletoide treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases / Bruce R. Yacyshyn -- Optimizing electroporation conditions for the intracellular delivery of morpholino antisense oligonucleotides directed against the hepatitis C virus internal ribosome entry site / Ronald Jubin.
- 1Microbial colonization of the eye as target for antiseptics --2The eye and conjunctiva as target of entry for infectious agents: prevention by protection and antiseptic prophylaxis --3Antisepsis versus antimicrobial chemotherapy and indications for eye antisepsis --4Requirements concerning antiseptics for periorbital, orbital and intraorbital application --4.1Antimicrobial efficiency --4.2Local tolerance --4.3Systemic tolerance of antiseptics used in ophthalmology --4.4Pharmacokinetics of ophthalmic drugs --4.5Formulation requirements for the ophthalmic use of antiseptics --5Efficacy and tolerance of selected antiseptic substances in respect of suitability for use on the eye --6Importance and epidemiology of infectious eye diseases --7Incidence of endophthalmitis in ophthalmic surgery --8Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in ophthalmology, occurrence, sanitation measures and hygienic precautions --9Nosocomial virus infections of the eye --10Prophylactic indications for eye antiseptics --10.1Pre-, Intra- and postoperative antisepsis in eye surgery --10.2Prophylaxis against ophthalmia neonatorum --10.3Measures for prevention of infection via corneal transplants --11Therapeutic indications for local anti-infectives --11.1Bacterial infections of the eye --11.2Recommendations for isolation and antiseptic sanitation of patients with MRSA colonization or infections --11.3Topical antimycotic drugs --11.4Viral ocular infections: topical treatment and prevention --11.5Anti-infectives against amebic keratitis --12Preventive measurements to avoid the transmission of relevant pathogens after occurrence of infection --13Hand hygiene --14Contact lens hygiene --15Antimicrobial efficacy of contact lens care products and critical comment on ISO/FDIS 14729 --16Sampling and transport of specimens for microbial diagnosis of ocular infections --Subject index.
- Antitargets SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Antithrombotic drug therapy in cardiovascular disease 2010, SpringerPlatelets in arterial thrombosis -- Role of coagulation in arterial and venous thrombosis -- Link between inflammation and thrombosis -- Genetics of thrombosis -- Aspirin in primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease -- Thienopyridines in stable coronary disease -- Antiplatelet therapies in unstable angina and non-ST segment elevation myocardial infarction -- Unfractionated heparin and enoxaparin for the management of non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndromes -- Direct thrombin inhibitors in acute coronary syndromes -- Synthetic factors Xa inhibition in acute coronary syndromes -- Antiplatelet therapies: aspirin, clopidogrel and thienopyridines, and glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors for the management of ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction -- Antithrombin therapy for acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction -- Fibrinolysis and facilitated PCI -- Antithrombotic therapy in percutaneous coronary intervention -- Antithrombotic therapy in carotid and peripheral intervention -- Monitoring of antithrombotic therapies in interventional cardiology -- Venous thromboembolism -- Fibrinolysis for pulmonary embolism -- Duration of anticoagulant therapy after venous thromboembolism -- Antithrombotic therapy for atrial fibrillation and cardioversion -- Antithrombotic therapy for valvular heart disease -- Antithrombotic therapy in heart failure and cardiomyopathy -- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia -- Resistance to antiplatelet drugs.
- Antituberculosis chemotherapy 2011, KargerHistory of drug discovery : early evaluation studies and lessons learnt from them / Ahmad, Z., Makaya, N.H. and Grosset, J. -- Tuberculosis treatment trials past and present : old and new challenges / Nunn, N. -- The rifamycins : renewed interest in an old drug class / Burman, W., Dooley, K.E., and Nuermberger, E. -- Isoniazid pharmacokinetics and efficacy in adults and children / Donald, P.R. and Schaaf, H.S. -- Recent developments in the study of pyrazinamide : an update / Mitchison, D.A. and Zhang, Y. -- Experience with phase III clinical trials of antituberculosis drugs and regimens : conclusions and lessons for the future / Jindani, A. -- Tuberculosis recurrence : exogenous or endogenous? / Williams, M. ... [et al.] -- Second-line antituberculosis drugs : current knowledge, recent research findings and controversies / Schaaf, H.S., Seddon, J.A., and Caminero, J.A. -- Acquisition, transmission, and amplification of drug-resistant tuberculosis / Müller, B. ... [et al.] -- The treatment of tuberculosis in children -- Cruz, A.T. and Starke, J.R. -- Issues and challenges in the development of novel tuberculosis drug regimens / Erondu, N. and Ginsberg, A. -- Drug resistance in mycobacterium tuberculosis : molecular mechanisms and laboratory susceptibility testing / Bittger, E.C. -- The role of the mouse model in the evaluation of new antituberculosis drugs / Nuermberger, E.L. -- Current issues in tuberculosis pharmacokinetics / Egelund, E.F. and Peloquin, C.A. -- Pharmacological considerations of antitubercular agents in children / Goldman, J.L., Kearns, G.L., and Abdel-Rahman, S.M. -- Interactions between antituberculosis and antiretroviral agents / Mcilleron, H. and Khoo, S.H. -- Diabetes mellitus and tuberculosis treatment / Ruslami, R., Van Crevel, R. -- Early bactericidal activity of antituberculosis agents / Maritz, J.Z., Diacon, A.H., and Donald, P.R. -- Assessment of whole-blood bactericidal activity in the evaluation of new antituberculosis drugs / Wallis, R.S. -- Serial sputum colony counting in drug regimens / Sloan, D. and Davies, G. -- The evaluation of new antituberculosis drugs in children / Mcneeley, D.F. ... [et al.] -- A new era in tuberculosis treatment : what does the future hold? / Duncan, K.
- Antiviral strategies 2009, Springer
- Anxiety and anxiolytic drugs 2005, Springer
- Anxiety and substance use disorders 2008, SpringerTheoretical issues -- Epidemiological perspectives on co-occurring anxiety disorder and substance use disorder -- The neurobiology of anxiety: potential for co-morbidity of anxiety and substance use disorders -- Research findings -- Posttraumatic stress disorder and substance use disorder: neuroimaging, neuroendocrine, and psychophysiological findings -- Co-morbidity of social phobia and alcohol use disorders: a review of psychopathology research findings -- Panic spectrum disorders and substance use -- Treatment strategies -- Treatment of co-morbid obsessive-compulsive disorder and substance use disorders -- Treatment for co-morbid posttraumatic stress disorder and substance use disorders -- Treatment of co-occurring alcoholism and social anxiety disorder -- Treating co-morbid panic disorder and substance use disorder -- Cognitive- behavioral treatment of co-morbid panic psychopathology and tobacco use and dependence -- Personality-based approaches to treatment of co-morbid anxiety and substance use disorder -- Medical management of co-morbid anxiety and substance use disorder -- Integration and conclusions -- Anxiety disorder and substance use disorder co-morbidity: common themes and future directions.
- Anxiety disorders 2013, KargerPreface : concerted efforts to improve the understanding and treatment of anxiety disorders / J. Angst, D.S. Baldwin -- On the nature of obsessions and compulsions / S. de Haan, E. Rietveld, D. Denys -- The origin of anxiety disorders : an evolutionary approach / L.E.W.G. Willers, N.C. Vulink, D. Denys, D.J. Stein -- Genetic factors in anxiety disorders / K. Domschke, E. Maron -- Neuroimaging in anxiety disorders / M. Fredrikson, V. Faria -- Potential neuroimmunological targets in the treatment of anxiety disorders / R. Hou, Z. Tang, D.S. Baldwin -- Anxiety and cardiovascular disease / S.J.C. Davies, C. Allgulander -- The early phases of anxiety disorders : from prevention to treatment / J. Vázquez-Bourgon, A. Herrán, J.L. Vázquez-Barquero -- Duration of untreated Illness and duration of illness in anxiety disorders : assessment and influence on outcome / A.C. Altamura, G. Camuri, B. Dell'Osso -- Pharmacotherapy of generalized anxiety disorder / C. Allgulander, D.S. Baldwin -- Pharmacological treatment of panic disorder / B. Bandelow, D.S. Baldwin, P. Zwanzger -- Pharmacological treatment of social anxiety disorder / V.G. Masdrakis, D. Turic, D.S. Baldwin -- Pharmacotherapy of posttraumatic stress disorder / A. Koller, D.J. Stein -- Evidence-based treatment pathways for translational studies in obsessive-compulsive disorders / N.A. Fineberg, S. Pallanti, S. Reghunandanan.
- Anxiety disorders 2008, Springer
- Neurobiology / Vasa and Pine -- Behavioral inhibition / Hirshfeld-Becker, Biederman, and Rosenbaum -- Social development -- Behavioral genetics / Eley and Gregory -- Assessment / Grego and Morris -- Generalized anxiety disorder / Flannery-Schroeder -- Social phobia / Beldel, Morris, and Turner -- Separation anxiety disorder / Silverman and Dick-Niederhauser -- Panic disorder / Ollendick, Birmaher, and Mattis -- Obsessive-compulsive disorder / March, Franklin, Leonard, and Foa -- Posttraumatic stress disorder / McKnight, Compton, and March -- Specific phobias / King, Muris, and Ollendick -- Selective mutism / Freeman, Garcia, Miller, Dow, and Leonard -- Cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy / D'Eramo and Francis -- Pharmacotherapy / Stein and Seedat -- Combined medication and psychosocial treatments: an evidence-based medicine approach / Compton, McKnight, and March -- Prevention strategies / Barrett and Turner.
- Anxiety in health behaviors and physical illness 2008, SpringerHealth behaviors and anxiety disorders -- Tobacco use and panic psychopathology: current status and future directions -- Alcohol use and anxiety disorders -- Illicit drug use across the anxiety disorders: prevalence, underlying mechanisms, and treatment -- The promise of exercise interventions for the anxiety disorders -- Anxiety and insomnia: theoretical relationship and future research -- Physical conditions and anxiety disorders -- Anxiety disorders and physical illness comorbidity: an overview -- The relation between puberty and adolescent anxiety: theory and evidence -- Anxiety, anxiety disorders, and the menstrual cycle -- Pain and anxiety disorders -- Asthma in anxiety and its disorders: overview and synthesis -- Cardiovascular disease and anxiety -- HIV and anxiety -- Physical illness and treatment of anxiety disorders: a review.
- Aortic aneurysms 2009, Springer
- Aortic dissection and related syndromes 2007, Springer
- Aortic root surgery 2010, Springer
- APA Practice guidelines for the treatment of psychiatric disorders 2005, PsychiatryOnline
- Apache cookbook. 2nd ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- APC proteins 2009, SpringerAPC and [beta]-catenin degradation -- Nuclear APC -- APC in cell migration -- The APC-EB1 interaction -- The role of APC in mitosis and in chromosome instability -- Role of APC and its binding partners in regulating microtubules in mitosis -- The adenomatous polyposis coli tumor -- Suppressor and Wnt signaling in the regulation of apoptosis -- APC and its modifiers in colon cancer -- Tissue-specific tumour suppression by APC -- Extra-colonic manifestations of familial adenomatous polyposis coli.
- Apoptosis 2004, Springer1. Caspase Regulation at the Molecular Level / Hitto Kaufmann and Martin Fussenegger, p. 1-23 -- 2. The BCL-2 Family / Amelia Petch and Mohamed Al-Rubeai, p. 25-47 -- 3. The IGF-1 Receptor in Cell Survival: Signalling and Regulation / Patrick Kiely, Denise O'Gorman, Anthony Lyons and Rosemary O'Connor, p. 49-92 -- 4. Apoptosis in Hepatocytes / N. Mukwena and Mohamed Al-Rubeai, p. 93-106 -- 5. Programmed Cell Death in Plants During Development and Stress Responses / S. Panter and M. Dickman, p. 107-152 -- 6. A Systems View of Cell Death / Jeffrey Varner and Martin Fussenegger, p. 153-179 -- 7. The Role of Caspases in Apoptosis and Their Inhibition in Mammalian Cell Culture / T. Sauerwald and M. Betenbaugh, p. 181-210 -- 8. Improvement of Industrial Cell Culture Processes by Caspase-9 Dominant Negative and Other Apoptotic Inhibitors / Jana van De Goor, p. 211-221 -- 9. Therapeutic Small Molecule Inhibitors of BCL-2 / Pierre Beauparlant and Gordon Shore, p. 223-237 -- 10. Apoptosis Control Based on Down-Regulating the Inhibitor-of-Apoptosis (IAP) Proteins: Xiap Antisense and Other Approaches / E. Lacasse, p. 239-280 -- 11. Monitoring of Apoptosis / Adiba Ishaque and Mohamed Al-Rubeai, p. 281-306 -- 12. Molecular Imaging of Programmed Cell Death; from Basic Mechanisms to Clinical Applications / Bas Kietselaer, Chris Reutelingsperger and Leonard Hofstra, 307-27.
- Apoptosis 2009, Springer
- Apoptosis 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Apoptosis and cancer 2008, Springer ProtocolsModulation of apoptosis to reverse chemoresistance /Gil Mor,Michele K. Montagna,andAyesha B. Alvero - -Caspase-3 activation is a critical determinant of genotoxic stress-induced apoptosis /Suparna Mazumder,Dragos Plesca,andAlexandru Almasan - -Flow cytometry enumeration of apoptotic cancer cells by apoptotic rate /David Diaz... [et al.] - -Detection of cancer-related proteins in fresh-frozen ovarian cancer samples using laser capture microdissection /Dan-Arin Silasi... [et al.] - -Flow cytometric detection of activated caspase-3 /Richard FoxandMartine Aubert - -The chemofx® assay : an ex vivo chemosensitivity and resistance assay for predicting patient response to cancer chemotherapy /Stacey L. Brower,Jeffrey E. Fensterer,andJason E. Bush --Correlation of caspase activity and in vitro chemo-response in epithelial ovarian cancer cell lines /Ayesha B. Alvero,Michele K. Montagna,andGil Mor - -Assessing expression of apoptotic markers using large cohort tissue microarrays /Elah Pick,Mary M. McCarthy,andHarriet M. Kluger --Mitochondria potential, bax "activation," and programmed cell death /C. Michael KnudsonandNicholas M. Brown --In vitro and in vivo apoptosis detection using membrane permeant fluorescent-labeled inhibitors of caspases /Brian W. Lee... [et al.] - -Caspase activity assays /Andrew L. Niles,Richard A. Moravec,andTerry L. Riss - -Multiplex caspase activity and cytotoxicity assays /Andrew L. Niles,Richard A. Moravec,andTerry L. Riss - -Homogeneous, bioluminescent proteasome assays /Martha A. O'Brien... [et al.] - -A simple method for profiling mirna expression /Jia-Wang WangandJin Q. Cheng - -Apoptotic caspase activation and activity /Jean-Bernard DenaultandGuy S. Salvesen - -Biochemical analysis of the native trail death-inducing signaling complex /Henning WalczakandTobias L. Haas - -Laser microdissection sample preparation for RNA analyses /Christopher J. Vega.
- Apoptosis and its relevance to autoimmunity 2006, KargerDeath receptor signaling and its function in the immune system / Fas, S.C. ... [et al.] -- Inherited and acquired death receptor defects in human autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome / Rieux-Laucat, F. -- Tumor necrosis factor ligand-receptor superfamily and arthritis / Hsu, H.-C., Wu, Y., Mountz, J.D. -- Mitochondria, apoptosis and autoimmunity / Pinkoski, M.J., Waterhouse, N.J., Green, D.R. -- Role of Bim and other Bcl-2 family members in autoimmune and degenerative diseases / Hughes, P., Bouillet, P., Strasser, A. -- Mitochondria, cell death, and B cell tolerance / Deming, P.B., Rathmell, J.C. -- Role of complement and other innate immune mechanisms in the removal of apoptotic cells / Ogden, C.A., Elkon, K.B. -- Collectins: opsonins for apoptotic cells and regulators of inflammation / Stuart, L.M., Henson, P.M., Vandivier, R.W. -- MFG-E8-dependent clearance of apoptotic cells, and autoimmunity caused by its failure / Hanayama, R. ... [et al.] -- Clearance of apoptotic cells in human SLE / Gaipl, U.S. ... [et al.] -- Apoptosis and glomerulonephritis / Watson, S. ... [et al.].
- Apoptosis in carcinogenesis and chemotherapy 2009, Springer
- Apoptosis methods and protocols 2004, Springer Protocols
- Apoptosis methods in pharmacology and toxicology 2002, Springer Protocols
- Apoptosis techniques and protocols. 2nd ed. 2002, Springer ProtocolsMolecular characterization of the proapoptotic protein bax / Yi-Te Hsu and Soraya Smaili -- Assessing cytochrome-c release from mitochondria / Douglas W. Ethell and Douglas R. Green -- Monitoring caspases in neuronal cell death / Younes Bounhar, Omar Tounekti, and Andréa C. LeBlanc -- HSV amplicon vectors in neuronal apoptosis studies / Kathleen A. Maguire-Zeiss, William J. Bowers, and Howard J. Federoff -- Microinjections to study the specific role of proapoptotic proteins in neurons / Yan Zhang and Andréa C. LeBlanc -- Designing microarray experiments for neurobiology / P. Scott Eastman and Jeanne F. Loring -- Analysis of gene expression by nylon membrane cDNA arrays / H. Michael Tucker and Steven Estus -- Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase as a target for antiapoptotic drugs / Mark D. Berry and Paula C. Ashe -- Analytical approaches for investigating apoptosis and other biochemical events in compartmented cultures of sympathetic neurons / Barbara Karten ... [et al.] -- Detection and analysis of synaptosis / Greg M. Cole and Karen Gylys -- In situ detection of apoptotic neurons / Kevin A. Roth -- Apoptotic and oxidative indicators in Alzheimer's Disease / Arun K. Raina ... [et al.].
- Apoptosis, cell signaling, and human diseases v. 1-2, 2007., Springerv. 2, 2007 SpringerBCR-ABL and human cancer / Maria Pérez-Caro and Isidro Sánchez-Garcia -- Angiogenesis and cancer / Yohei Maeshima -- Metastasis: the evasion of apoptosis / Christine E. Horak ... [et al.] -- Carcinogenesis: balance between apoptosis and survival pathways / Dean G. Tang and James P. Kehrer -- Aberrations of DNA damage checkpoints in cancer / Marikki Laiho -- c-Myc, apoptosis, and disordered tissue growth / Michael Khan and Stella Pelengaris -- Role of lysophospholipids in cell growth and survival / Xianjun Fang and Sarah Spiegel -- Alternative use of signaling by the [beta] GBP cytokine in cell growth and cancer control: from surveillance to therapy / Livio Mallucci and Valerie Wells -- Control nodes linking the regulatory networks of the cell cycle and apoptosis / Baltazar D. Aguda, Wee Kheng Yio, and Felicia Ng -- Regulation of NF-[kapa]B function: target for drug development / Daniel Sliva and Rakesh Srivastava -- 5-fluorouracil: molecular mechanisms of cell death / Daniel B. Longley and Patrick G. Johnston -- Apoptosis-inducing cellular vehicles for cancer gene therapy: endothelial and neural progenitors / Gergely Jarmy ... [et al.] -- Apoptosis and cancer therapy / Maurice Reimann and Clemens A. Schmitt -- Coupling apoptosis and cell division control in cancer: the survivin paradigm / Dario C. Altieri -- Clinical significance of histone deacetylase inhibitors in cancer / Sharmila Shankar and Rakesh K. Srivastava.
- Apoptosis, senescence, and cancer. 2nd ed. 2007, SpringerThe intrinsic pathway of apoptosis -- The extrinsic pathway of apoptosis -- Evaluating the importance of apoptosis and other determinants of cell death and survival -- Mitotic catastrophe -- Autophagy and autophagic cell death -- Regulation and function of detachment-induced cell death (anoikis) in cancer progression and metastasis -- Structure and function of the telomere -- Overview of senescence -- Contributions of telomerase to tumorigenesis -- The role of telomeres in genomic instability -- Overview of the DNA damage checkpoint: ATM and ATR -- Interactions between myc- and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors in cancer -- Interplay between [gamma]H2AX and 53BP1 pathways in DNA double-strand break repair response -- DNA-dependent protein kinase in repair, apoptosis, telomere maintenance, and chemotherapy -- Resistance/signaling pathways -- Ceramide and multidrug resistance -- Chemo- and radiosensitization through inhibition of PI3K/Akt signaling -- The advancement of epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors in cancer therapy -- Antimetabolites -- Topoisomerase I poisons and apoptotic topoisomerase I-DNA complexes -- Perturbations of cellular functions by topoisomerase II inhibitors: all roads lead to cell death? -- The significance of poly-targeting in apoptosis induction by alkylating agents and platinum drugs -- Contributions of apoptosis and senescence to cytotoxicity produced by microtubule-stabilizing agents -- Tyrosine kinase inhibitors -- Monoclonal antibodies in lymphomas -- Role of apoptosis in anti-angiogenic cancer therapies -- Photodynamic therapy-induced apoptosis -- Modulation of TRAIL signaling for cancer therapy.
- Apoptosome 2010, Springer
- Apoptotic chromatin changes 2009, Springer
- Appetite and food intake 2008, CRCnetBASEFood intake : control, regulation, and the illusion of dysregulation / Mark I. Friedman -- The control of food intake and the regulation of body weight in humans / David A. Levitsky -- Appetitive and consummatory aspects of food intake in rodents / Neil E. Rowland and Clare M. Mathes -- Appetite and food intake : a human experimental perspective / Martin R. Yeomans and Emma J. Bertenshaw -- Motivation to eat : neural control and modulation / Dianne Figlewicz Latteman -- Human eating motivation in times of plenty : biological, environmental, and psychosocial influences / Michael R. Lowe, Miriam E. Bocarsly, and Angelo Del Parigi -- Orosensory control of feeding / Thomas R. Scott -- The role of orosensory factors in eating behavior as observed in humans / Didier Chapelot and Jeanine Louis-Sylvestre -- Gastrointestinal factors in appetite and food intake : animal research / Thomas A. Lutz and Nori Geary -- The role of the gastrointestinal tract in satiation, satiety, and food intake : evidence from research in humans / Harry P.F. Peters and David J. Mela --Postabsorptive endocrine factors controlling food intake and regulation of body adiposity : animal research / Mihai Covasa -- Role of postabsorptive endocrine factors in human feeding and regulation of body adiposity / Karen L. Teff and Chirag Kapadia -- Gastrointestinal sensorineural function in the control of food intake / Gary J. Schwartz -- Conscious and unconscious regulation of feeding behaviors in humans : lessons from neuroimaging studies in normal weight and obese subjects / P. Antonio Tataranni and Nicola Pannacciulli -- Macronutrients : complexity of intake control / Pawel K. Olszewski and Allen S. Levine -- Macronutrients, feeding behavior, and weight control in humans / James Stubbs, Stephen Whybrow, and Nik Mazlan Mamat -- Mineral micronutrient status and food intake : studies with animal models / John Beard -- Mineral and food intake : a human perspective / Dorothy Teegarden and Carolyn Gunther.
- Appetite control 2012, Springer
- Warm-up questions and exam-taking skills -- The neonate -- Injuries, poisoning, and substance abuse -- Feeding and nutrition -- Fluids, electrolytes, and metabolic disorders -- Growth and development -- Infectious disease -- General pediatrics -- Therapeutics -- Case diagnosis and management -- Practice test.
- Application of apoptosis to cancer treatment 2005, Springer
- Application of brain oscillations in neuropsychiatric diseases. 1st ed. Lane Catalog record
- Applications of biotechnology in cardiovascular therapeutics 2011, Springer
- Applications of cell immobilisation biotechnology 2005, Springer
- Applications of gene-based technologies for improving animal production and health in developing countries 2005, Springer
- Applications of plant metabolic engineering 2007, SpringerBiosynthesis of plant natural products and characterization of plant biosynthetic pathways in recombinant microorganisms /Erin K. Marasco, Claudia Schmidt-Dannert --Plant molecular farming: host systems, technology and products /G.B. Sunil Kumar ... [et al.] --Plastid pathways: metabolic engineering via the chloroplast genom /Tracey Ruhlman, Henry Daniell --Metabolic engineering of the alkaloid biosynthesis in plants: functional genomics approaches /Kirsi-Marja Oksman-Caldentey, Suvi T. Häkkinen, Heiko Rischer --Polyamine biosynthetic pathway: a potential target for enhancing alkaloids production: polyamines in alkaloid production /Esha Bhattacharya, M.V.Rajam --Metabolic engineering in alkaloid biosynthesis: case studies in tyrosine- and putrescine-derived alkaloids: molecular engineering in alkaloid biosynthesis /Fumihiko Sato, Koji Inai, Takashi Hashimoto --Application of metabolic engineering to vanillin biosynthetic pathways in Vanilla planifolia /Daphna Havkin-Frenkel, Faith C. Belanger --Pathway engineering of the plant Vitamin C metabolic network /Argelia Lorence, Craig L. Nessler --Metabolic engineering of terpenoid biosynthesis in plants /Joost Lücker, Harro J. Bouwmeester, Asaph Aharoni --Metabolic engineering of seed oil biosynthetic pathways for human health /Howard G. Damude, Anthony J. Kinney --Metabolic engineering in sugarcane: assisting the transition to a bio-based economy /Robert G. Birch --Single-chain Fv antibody stimulates biosynthesis of secondary metabolites in plants /Waraporn Putalun, Hiroyuki Tamaka, Yukihiro Shoyama --Metabolic engineering of sulfur assimilation in plants : molecular and biochemical analysis of serine acetyltransferase and cysteine synthase /Masaaki Noji, Kazuki Saito --Approaches to quality plant based medicine: significance of chemical profiling /Praveen K. Saxena, Ian B. Cole, Susan J. Murch.
- Applications of viruses for cancer therapy. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectCh. 1. Cancer terminator viruses and approaches for enhancing therapeutic outcomes -- Ch. 2. Adenovirus strategies for tissue-specific targeting -- Ch. 3. Syrian hamster as an animal model to study oncolytic adenoviruses and to evaluate the efficacy of antiviral compounds -- Ch. 4. Design of improved oncolytic adenoviruses -- Ch. 5. The development of transcription-regulated adenoviral vectors with high cancer-selective imaging capabilities -- Ch. 6. Adenovirus-based immunotherapy of cancer, promises to keep -- Ch. 7. Cancer treatment with gene therapy and radiation therapy -- Ch. 8. Oncolytic adenoviruses for cancer immunotherapy, data from mice, hamsters, and humans -- Index.
- Applied attention theory 2008, CRCnetBASESingle channel theory and automaticity theory -- Attention control -- Visual attention control, scanning & information sampling -- Visual search -- Spatial attention and displays -- Resources and effort -- Time sharing and multiple resource theory -- Executive control: attention switching, interruptions, and task-management -- Individual differences in attention -- Cognitive neurosciences and neuroergonomics.
- History and overview /Johnny L. Matson and Daniene Neal --Applied behavior analysis and its application to autism and autism related disorders /Joel E. Ringdahl, Todd Kopelman, and Terry S. Falcomata --Assessment methods /Frederick Furniss --Intervention and treatment methods for children with autism spectrum disorders /Nozomi Naoi --Differential diagnosis in autism spectrum disorders /Dennis R. Dixon ... [et al.] --Communication /Jeff Sigafoos, Mark F. O'Reilly, and Giulio E. Lancioni --Social skills and autism :understanding and addressing the deficits /Mary Jane Weiss, Robert H. LaRue, and Andrea Newcomer --Rituals and stereotypes /Jeffrey H. Tiger, Karen A. Toussaint, and Megan L. Kliebert --Self-injury /Timothy R. Vollmer, Kimberly N. Sloman, and Andrew L. Samaha --Aggression and noncompliance /James K. Luiselli --Adaptive and self-help skills /Noha F. Minshawi, Iryna Ashby, and Naomi Swievy --Generalization and maintenance /Angela M. Arnold-Saritepe ... [et al.] --Training issues unique to autism spectrum disorders /Linda A. LeBlanc, Nicole Gravina, and James E. Carr --Parent training interventions for children with autism spectrum disorders /Lauren Brookman-Frazee ... [et al.].
- Applied bioinformatics 2008, Springer
- Applied biomedical engineering mechanics 2009, CRCnetBASEAnalysis for internal fixation of a fractured bone by means of bone-fixator plate -- Human lumbar vertebral body : analysis of its functionally optimal design -- Human spinal intervertebral disc : optimal structural design characteristics -- Biomechanics of fitness index : optimal walking and jogging modes, and hip joint assessment -- Analysis of spinning ball trajectories of soccer kicks and basketball throws -- Mechanics of baseball pitching and batting -- Biodynamics analysis of women's gymnastics : Yurchenko layout vault.Biomechanics in medical diagnosis in the form of nondimensional physiological indices -- Left ventricular mechanics -- Left ventricular contractility indices -- Vascular biomechanics -- Lung ventilation modeling for lung disease diagnosis -- Lung gas-transfer performance analysis -- Indicators for extubation of mechanically ventilated COPD patients using lung ventilation modeling -- Glucose-insulin dynamics modeling -- Glucose tolerance tests modeling -- Modeling of OGTT blood glucose and insulin responses and diagnostic indices --
- Applied demography in the 21st century 2008, Springer
- Epidemiology: a foundation of public health -- Public health surveillance -- Outbreak and cluster investigations -- Systematic reviews in public health -- Epidemiology and risk assessment -- Epidemiologic issues in community intervention -- Outcomes research -- Measuring the quality of health care -- Epidemiology and health policy -- Epidemiology and the law -- Communicating epidemiologic information.
- Applied medical statistics using SAS 2013, CRCnetBASE"Adding topics useful to medical statisticians, this new edition of a popular intermediate-level reference explores the use of SAS for analyzing medical data. A new chapter on visualizing data includes a detailed account of graphics for investigating data and smoothing techniques. The book also includes new chapters on measurement in medicine, epidemiology/observational studies, meta-analysis, Bayesian methods, and handling missing data. The book maintains its example-based approach, with SAS code and output included throughout and available online"--Provided by publisher.
- Applied meta-analysis with R 2013, CRCnetBASE"Preface In Chapter 8 of our previous book (Chen and Peace, 2010), we briefy introduced meta-analysis using R. Since then, we have been encouraged to develop an entire book on meta-analyses using R that would include a wide variety of applications - which is the theme of this book. In this book we provide a thorough presentation of meta-analysis with detailed step-by-step illustrations on their implementation using R. In each chapter, examples of real studies compiled from the literature and scienti c publications are presented. After presenting the data and sufficient background to permit understanding the application, various meta-analysis methods appropriate for analyzing data are identi ed. Then analysis code is developed using appropriate R packages and functions to meta-analyze the data. Analysis code development and results are presented in a stepwise fashion. This stepwise approach should enable readers to follow the logic and gain an understanding of the analysis methods and the R implementation so that they may use R and the steps in this book to analyze their own meta-data. Based on their experience in biostatistical research and teaching biostatistical meta-analysis, the authors understand that there are gaps between developed statistical methods and applications of statistical methods by students and practitioners. This book is intended to ll this gap by illustrating the implementation of statistical mata-analysis methods using R applied to real data following a step-by-step presentation style. With this style, the book is suitable as a text for a course in meta-data analysis at the graduate level (Master's or Doctorate's), particularly for students seeking degrees in statistics or biostatistics"--Provided by publisher.
- Applied mycology and biotechnology. Volume 6, Bioinformatics. 1st ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Applied nonparametric statistical methods. 4th ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Applied pathology for ophthalmic microsurgeons 2008, Springer1Introduction /G.O.H. Naumann, Friedrich E. Kruse --2General ophthalmic pathology: principal indications and complications, comparing intra- and extraocular surgery /G.O.H. Naumann, F.E. Kruse --Ch. 3Special anatomy and pathology in surgery of the eyelids, lacrimal system, orbit and conjunctiva /L.M. Holbach --3.1Eyelids /L.M. Heindl, L.M. Holbach --3.2Lacrimal drainage system /L.M. Heindl, A. Jünemann, L.M. Holbach --3.3Orbit /L.M. Holbach, L.M. Heindl, R.F. Guthoff --3.4Conjunctiva and limbus corneae /C. Cursiefen, F.E. Kruse, G.O.H. Naumann --4General pathology for intraocular microsurgery: direct wounds and indirect distant effects /G.O.H. Naumann, Friedrich E. Kruse --5Special anatomy and pathology in intraocular microsurgery --5.1Cornea and limbus /C. Cursiefen, F.E. Kruse, G.O.H. Naumann --5.2Glaucoma surgery /A. Jünemann, G.O.H. Naumann --5.3Iris /G.O.H. Naumann --5.4Ciliary body /G.O.H. Naumann --5.5Lens and zonular fibers /U. Schlötzer-Schrehardt, G.O.H. Naumann --5.6Retina and vitreous /A.M. Joussen, G.O.H. Naumann --5.7Optic nerve and Elschnig's scleral ring /C.Y. Mardin, G.O.H. Naumann6Influence of common generalized diseases on intraocular microsurgery /G.O.H. Naumann, U. Schlötzer-Schrehardt --6.1Diabetes mellitus /G.O.H. Naumann --6.2Arterial hypertension and "vis a tergo" /G.O.H. Naumann -- 6.3Pseudoexfoliation syndrome: pathological manifestations of relevance to intraocular surgery /U. Schlötzer-Schrehardt, G.O.H. Naumann --6.4Other generalized diseases /G.O.H. Naumann.
- Applied physiology in intensive care medicine. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Applied statistical genetics with R 2009, Springer
- Omics & microarrays revisited -- The commercial microarrays -- Supports & surface chemistries -- The arraying processes -- Gene expression microarray-based applications -- Protein microarray applications -- Multiplex assays.
- Applying knowledge management 2003, ScienceDirect
- Appraisal of the status of Chagas disease in the United States. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Approach to internal medicine. 3rd ed. / 2011, Springer
- Approaches to the conformational analysis of biopharmaceuticals 2010, CRCnetBASEIntroduction to biopharmaceutical conformational analysis : issues and methods -- Comparability of biotechnological/biological products and biological generics -- Application of native electrophoresis for the study of protein conformation -- Affinity chromatography including hydrophobic interaction chromatography in the study of biopolymer conformation -- Size-exclusion chromatography and bimolecular conformation -- Use of analytical ultracentrifugation to study biomolecular conformation -- Use of differential scanning calorimetry to measure conformational change in proteins and other biomacromolecules -- Light scattering and biomacromolecular conformation -- Use of luminescence to measure conformational change in biopharmaceuticals with emphasis on protein and protein drug products -- Near-infrared spectroscopy and macromolecular conformation -- Use of mid-infrared and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy to study conformation of biomacromolecules -- Use of Raman spectroscopy to evaluate biopharmaceutical conformation -- The use of UV-VIS spectrophotometry for the characterization of biopharmaceutical products -- Use of optical rotatory dispersion and circular dichroism to study therapeutic biomacromolecule conformation -- Use of nuclear magnetic resonance for the characterization of biotherapeutic products -- Use of chemical probes for the study of protein conformation -- Use of hydrogen exchange in the study of biopharmaceutical conformation -- Use of chemical modification for the conformational analysis of biopharmaceuticals -- Use of immunology to characterize biopharmaceutical conformation -- Use of limited proteolysis to study the conformation of proteins of biotechnological interest -- Other technologies for the characterization of conformational change in biopharmaceuticals -- Development of an experimental approach for the study of the conformation of a biological therapeutic product.
- Overview of bioinformatics programming tools and languages; includes working examples.
- Appropriate dose selection 2007, Springer
- Aquaporins 2009, Springer
- Arabidopsis protocols. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer ProtocolsApplications of chemical-inducible expression systems in functional genomics and biotechnology / Jianru Zuo, Peter D. Hare, and Nam H. Chua -- RNA extraction / Huazhong Shi and Ray Bressan -- Target preparation for DNA microarray hybridization / Tong Zhu, Sherman H. Chang, and Pedro Gil -- Statistical issues in microarray data analysis / Willem A. Rensink and Samuel Hazen -- Preparation and quality assessment of rna from cell-specific samples obtained by laser microdissection / Regine Kleber and Julia Kehr -- Protein isolation and 2-D electrophroetic separation / Bernhard Schlesier and Hans-Peter Mock -- Isolation of nuclear proteins / Tomasz T. Calikowski and Iris Meier -- Puification and fractionation of membranes for proteomic analysis / Anne Marmagne ... [et al.] -- Protein microsequencing / Alberto Paradela and Juan Pablo Albar -- Peptide-based phosphoproteomics with immobilized metal ion chromatography / Thomas S. Nohse and Scott C. Peck -- Metabolite profiling in arabidopsis / Oliver Fiehn -- Hormone profiling in arabidopsis / Axel Müller, Petra Düchting, and Elmer W. Weiler.EMS mutagenesis of arabidopsis / YongSig Kim, Karen S. Schumaker, and Jian-Kang Zhu -- Low-resolution mapping of untagged mutations / M. Rosa Ponce ... [et al.] -- Gene identification and cloning by molecular marker mapping / Georg Jander -- High-throughput TILLING for arabidopsis / Bradley J. Till ... [et al.] -- Genotyping and mapping with high-density oligonucleotides arrays / Justin Borewitz -- Forward genetic screening of insertional mutants / Anja Schneider and Dario Leister -- PCR-based screening for insertional mutants / Anna N. Stepanova and Jose M. Alonso -- Cytogenetic analysis of arabidopsis / Martin Lysak, Paul Fransz, and Ingo Schubert -- Using information from public arabidopsis databases to aid research / Margarita García-Hernandez and Leonore Reiser -- In planta agrobacterium-mediated transformation by vacuum infiltration / Brian W. Tague and Joanna Mantis -- Transient expression assay by agroinfiltration of leaves / Min Woo Lee and Yinong Yang -- Runctional analysis of transcription factors by microparticle bombardment / Ida Ruberti, Giovanna Sessa, and Giorgio Morelli -- Transfection assays with protoplasts containing integrated reporter genes / Shiv Tiwari ... [et al.] -- Chloroplast genetic engineering via organogenesis or somatic embryogenesis / Amit Dhingra and Henry Daniell -- [beta]Glucuronidase as reporter gene: advantages and limitations / Kye-Won Kim ... [et al.] -- Use of fluorescent proteins as reporters / Guido Jach -- Luciferase as reporter genes / Megan M. Southern, Paul E. Brown, and Anthony Hall -- Aqueorin as reporter gene / Christoph. Plieth --Growth of plants and preservation of seeds / Luz Rivero-Lepinckas, Deborah Crist, and Randy Scholl -- Prevention and control of pests and diseases / Jenifer Bush, Georg Jander, and Frederick M. Ausubel -- Growth of other species related to Arabidopsis thaliana / Krithika Yogeeswaran and Mikhail Elia Nasrallah -- Grafting / Katherine Bainbridge ... [et al.] -- Synchronization, transformation, and cryopreservation of suspension-cultured cells -- Margit Menges and James A. H. Murray -- Genetic analysis / Maarten Koorneeff, Carlos Alonso-Blanco, and Piet Stam -- QTL analysis / Carlos Alonso-Blanco, Maarten Koornneef, and Johan W. van Ooijen --
- Argonaut 18(1) 2007
- Armed conflict injuries to the extremities 2011, SpringerOrganization of Urgent Medical Aid, Including Mass Casualty and Triage -- Wound Ballistics and Tissue Damage -- Damage Control Orthopaedics -- Crush Injury of the Limbs and Acute Mechanical Muscle-Crush Compartment Syndrome -- Anesthesia and Intensive Care of the Patient with Severe Extremity Trauma -- Hemotransfusion in Combat Trauma -- Diagnostic Imaging in Combat Trauma -- Tissue Debridement -- Primary External Fixation -- Prevention of Infection and Antibiotic Use in the Management of Armed Conflict Injuries to the Extremities -- Vascular Trauma to the Limbs -- Peripheral Nerve Injury -- Tissue Coverage After War Trauma -- Definitive Bone Fixation and Reconstruction: Conversion from Temporary External Fixation to Internal Fixation Methods -- Definitive Skeletal Reconstruction: Conversion to the Ilizarov Method -- War Injuries of the Hand -- Foot Surgery in War Trauma -- Limb Salvage Versus Amputation: The Dilemma -- Amputation in Combat Trauma -- Delayed Union and Nonunions -- Osteomyelitis -- Chronic Pain Subsequent to Armed Conflict Injuries to the Extremities.
- Arnheim, Gestalt, and art 2005, SpringerArnheim and different approaches to the psychology of art -- Expression, symbolism and visual thinking -- The senses, perceptual objects and their dynamics -- Notorious Gestalt brain model -- Dynamics of pictorial, sculptural and architectural form -- Dynamics of pantomimic form -- Dynamics of musical form -- Dynamics of poetic form -- Art in comparative perspective: children, adults, cultures -- Dynamics of microgenetic artistic development -- Individual artistic development -- Dynamics of differential and psychopathological artistic form -- Dynamics of cultural-perceptual form -- Objective percepts, objective values -- Appendix: life of a psychologist of art.
- Aromatase inhibitors 2006, Springer
- Aromatase inhibitors. 2nd rev. ed. 2008, Springer
- Arrhythmogenic RV cardiomyopathy/dysplasia 2007, Springer
- Arsenic exposure and health effects. V 2003, ScienceDirect
- Art & ophthalmology 2009
- Art and science of cardiac physical examination 2006, Springer
- Art of deliberating 2012, SpringerDeliberation and Democracy --Plato Was Not So Far Wrong: Recalling Athenian Democracy --A Reappraisal of the Medieval Approach Will Lead to Excellent Deliberators --Beware of Those Who Think They Possess the Truth! --Let Us Learn How to Deliberate before Deliberating! --Between Ethics and Biomedicine.
- Art of SQL 2006, ProQuest Safari
- Artemisia 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Arterial chemoreception 2012, Springer
- Arterial chemoreceptors 2009, Springer
- Arterial chemoreceptors 2006, SpringerA tribute to Professor Autar Singh Paintal -- Structure of chemoreceptors -- Developmental aspects of chemoreceptors -- Molecular biology of chemoreceptors -- Biophysics of ionic channels in chemoreceptors -- Central integration and systemic effects of chemoreflex -- Mechanisms of chemoreceptions.
- Arteriogenesis 2004
- Arthritis 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Arthritis and allied conditions. 15th ed. 2005, OvidSect. I. Introduction to the study of the rheumatic diseases -- Sect. II. Scientific basis for the study of the rheumatic diseases -- Sect. III. Therapeutic approaches in the rheumatic diseases -- Sect. IV. Surgical intervention in the rheumatic diseases -- Sect. V. Rheumatoid arthritis -- Sect. VI. Other inflammatory arthritis syndromes -- Sect. VII. Systemic rheumatic diseases -- Sect. VIII. Vasculitis and related diseases -- Sect. IX. Miscellaneous rheumatic diseases -- Sect. X. Regional disorders of joints and related structures -- Sect. XI. Osteoarthritis -- Sect. XII. Metabolic bone and joint diseases -- Sect. XIII. Infectious arthritis.
- Arthritis in black and white. 3rd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectImaging techniques and modalities -- Evaluation of the hand film -- Approach to the foot -- Approach to the hip -- Approach to the knee -- Approach to the shoulder -- The sacroiliac joint -- The "phytes" of the spine -- Radiographic changes observed in a specific articular disease -- Rheumatoid arthritis -- Psoriatic arthritis -- Reactive disease -- Ankylosing spondylitis -- Osteoarthritis -- Neuropathic osteoarthropathy -- Diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis -- Gout -- Calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate crystal deposition disease -- Hydroxyapatite deposition disease -- Miscellaneous deposition diseases -- Collagen vascular diseases (connective tissue diseases) -- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis -- Hemophilia -- Mass-like arthropathies.
- Arthritis research v. 1-2, 2007, Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2007 Springer Protocols
- Arthroscopic and endoscopic spinal surgery. 2nd ed. 2005, SpringerFrom cauterization to arthroscopic and endoscopic spine surgery / Parviz Kambin -- Arthroscopic and endoscopic anatomy of the lumbar spine / Parviz Kambin -- Instruments and surgical approaches for minimally invasive spinal surgery via a posterolateral access / Parviz Kambin -- Herniated lumbar disc and lumbar radiculopathy / Parviz Kambin -- Management of discogenic pain and spinal instability using minimally invasive surgical techniques / Parviz Kambin -- Lateral recess stenosis of the lumbar spine foraminoplasty / Parviz Kambin -- The role of the epidural and radicular veins in chronic back pain and radiculopathy / Wesley W. Parke -- Diagnostic and therapeutic percutaneous transpedicular approaches to the spine / Alexander G. Hadjipavlou ... [et al.] -- Selective endoscopic discectomy : twelve years experience / Anthony T. Yeung -- Minimally invasive posterior fusion and internal fixation with ATAVI system / Richard D. Guyer and Terry P. Corbin -- Vertebral augmentation for osteoporotic compression fractures / Isador H. Lieberman and Daisuke Toga -- Principles of transthoracic, transperitoneal, and retroperitoneal endoscopic techniques to the thoracic and lumbar spine / Geoffrey M. McCullen and Hansen A. Yuan -- Use of the laser in minimally invasive spinal surgery and pain management / John C. Chiu and Martin H. Savitz --Minimally invasive techniques in pain management / James Reynolds and Garrett Kine -- Experience with minimally invasive nucleus replacement / Michele Marcolongo ... [et al.] -- Interspinous process implant for the treatment of lateral and central spinal stenosis : operative technique and results / Douglas Wardlaw -- Frameless stereotactic imaging techniques in minimally invasive spine surgery / Alexander R. Vaccaro, Kern Singh, and Laurence N. Fitzhenry -- The rise and the fall of chemonucleolysis / James W. Simmons, Jr. and Robert D. Fraser -- Lumbar microendoscopic discectomy / Trent L. Tredway and Richard Fessler.
- Arthroscopic management of distal radius fractures 2010, SpringerArthroscopic Management of DRUJ Instability Following TFCC Ulnar Tears / Andrea Atzei -- Radial Side Tear of the Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex / Toshiyasu Nakamura -- Arthroscopic Management of Scapholunate Dissociation / Tommy Lindau -- Lunotriquetral and Extrinsic Ligaments Lesions Associated with Distal Radius Fractures / Didier Fontès -- Management of Concomitant Scaphoid Fractures / Christophe Mathoulin -- Perilunate Dislocations and Fracture Dislocations/Radiocarpal Dislocations and Fracture Dislocations / Mark Henry -- The Role of Arthroscopy in Postfracture Stiffness / Riccardo Luchetti -- Treatment of the Associated Ulnar-Sided Problems / Pier Paolo Borelli and Riccardo Luchetti -- Arthroscopic-Assisted Osteotomy for Intraarticular Malunion of the Distal Radius / Francisco del Piñal -- The Role of Arthroscopic Arthrodesis and Minimal Invasive Surgery in the Salvage of the Arthritic Wrist : Midcarpal Joint / Joseph F. Slade -- Arthroscopic Radiocarpal Fusion for Post-Traumatic Radiocarpal Arthrosis / Ho Pak-Cheong.
- Arthroscopic management of ulnar pain 2012, Springer
- Articular cartilage 2013, CRCnetBASEStructure and function of cartilage properties -- Articular cartilage development -- Articular cartilage pathology and therapies -- Tissue engineering of articular cartilage -- Methods for evaluating articular cartilage quality -- Perspectives on the translational aspects of articular cartilage -- Biology -- Experimental protocols.
- Articular cartilage defects of the knee 2012, Springer1. Regeneration of Articular Cartilage of the Knee: Basic Concepts / E. Carlos Rodríguez-Merchán and Hortensia De la Corte-García -- 2. Articular Cartilage Defects of the Knee: Diagnosis and Treatment / Michael Heim and Israel Dudkiewicz -- 3. Imaging Techniques of Articular Cartilage / Carmen Martín-Hervás -- 4. Refixation of Detached Fragments / Eduardo García-Rey -- 5. Debridement, Joint Lavage and Cartilage Shaving / Alonso Moreno-García -- 6. Drilling, Abrasion and Microfractures / José L. Leal-Helmling and Santiago Bello-Prats -- 7. Osteochondral Transplantation and Mosaicplasty / Julián Fernández-González -- 8. Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation / Primitivo Gómez-Cardero, E. Carlos Rodríguez-Merchán, and Ángel Martínez-Lloreda -- 9. Alignment Osteotomies / E. Carlos Rodríguez-Merchán and Hortensia De la Corte-García -- 10. Rehabilitation of Chondral Lesions of the Knee / Hortensia De la Corte-Rodríguez, Juan M. Román-Belmonte, and Hortensia De la Corte-García -- 11. Medical Treatment: Intra-Articular Injections of Hyaluronic Acid / E. Carlos Rodríguez-Merchán and Hortensia De la Corte-García.
- Artificial DNA 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Artificial enzymes 2005, WileyArtificial enzymes / Ronald Breslow -- Vitamin B6 enzyme models / Lei Liu and Ronald Breslow -- Evolution of synthetic polymers with enzyme-like catalytic activities / Irving M. Klotz and Junghun Suh -- Mimicking enzymes with antibodies / Donald Hilvert -- Protein-based artificial enzymes / Ben Duckworth and Mark D. Distefano -- Artificial hydrolytic metalloenzymes / Jik Chin and Hae-Jo Kim -- Artificial restriction enzymes as tools for future molecular biology and biotechnology / Yoji Yamamoto and Makoto Komiyama.
- Artificial immune systems 2008, Springer
- Artificial intelligence with uncertainty 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Artificial muscles 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Artificial neural networks in pattern recognition 2008, Springer
- Artificial nutrition and hydration 2008, SpringerWhy do unresponsive patients still matter? / Anthony Fisher -- Are we morally obliged to feed pvs patients till natural death? / Michael Degnan -- Caring for persons in the "persistent vegetative state" and Pope John Paul II's March 20 2004 address on "life-sustaining treatments and the vegetative state" / William E. May -- Food and fluids : human law, human rights and human interests / Jacqueline Laing -- Quality of life and assisted nutrition / Alfonso Gómez-Lobo -- Towards ethical guidelines for the use of artificial nutrition and hydration / Joseph Boyle -- Understanding the ethics of artificially providing food and water / J.L.A. Garcia -- The ethics of Pope John Paul II's allocution on care of the PVS patient : a response to J.L.A. Garcia / Peter J. Cataldo -- Reflections on the papal allocution concerning care for PVS patients / Kevin O'Rourke -- The papal allocution concerning care for PVS patients : a reply to Fr. O'Rourke / Patrick Lee -- Response to Patrick Lee / Kevin O'Rourke -- The morality of tube feeding PVS patients : a critique of the view of Kevin O'Rourke, O.P. / Mark S. Latkovic -- Ten errors regarding end of life issues, and especially artificial nutrition and hydration / Christopher Tollefsen.
- Artificial organs 2009, Springer
- Artificial heart valves -- Artificial heart and cardiac assist devices -- Cardiac pacemakers -- Dialysis.
- Artificial oxygen carrier 2005, Springer
- Artificial sight 2007, Springer
- Artist's eyes 2009
- As pastoralists settle 2005, SpringerIntroduction : the social, health, and economic consequences of pastoral sedentarization in Marsabit District, Northern Kenya / Eric Abella Roth and Elliot Fratkin -- The setting : pastoral sedentarization in Marsabit District, Northern Kenya / Elliot Fratkin and Eric Abella Roth -- Time, terror, and pastoral inertia / John G. Galaty -- Ecological and economic consequences of reduced mobility in pastoral livestock production systems / H. Jürgen Schwarz -- Cursed if you do, cursed if you don't : the contradictory processes of pastoral sedentarization in Northern Kenya / John McPeak and Peter D. Little -- Once nomads settle : assessing the process, motives, and welfare changes of settlements on Mount Marsabit / Wario R. Adano and Karen Witsenburg -- From milk to maize : the transition to agriculture for Rendille and Ariaal pastoralists / Kevin Smith -- Women's changing economic roles with pastoral sedentarization / Elliot Fratkin and Kevin Smith -- The effects of pastoral sedentarization on children's growth and nutrition among Ariaal and Rendille in Northern Kenya / Eric Abella Roth, Martha A. Nathan, and Elliot Fratkin -- Health and morbidity among Rendille pastoralist children / Martha A. Nathan ... [et al.] -- Sedentarization and seasonality : maternal dietary and health consequences in Ariaal and Rendille communities in Northern Kenya / Masako Fujita ... [et al.] -- Development, modernization, and medicalization : influences on the changing nature of female "circumcision" in Rendille society / Bettina Shell-Duncan, Walter Obungu Obiero, and Leunita Auko Muruli -- Female education in a sedentary Ariaal Rendille community / Eric Abella Roth and Elizabeth N. Ngugi.
- Asbestos 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Ascaris 2013, ScienceDirectThis book tackles a number of different perspectives concerning the parasitic helminth Ascaris, both in animals and in humans and the disease known as ascariasis. It seeks to identify interesting, exciting and novel aspects, which will interest readers from a broad range of disciplines. Over a quarter of the world's population are infected with the human roundworm, and the equivalent in pigs is equally ubiquitous. Both contribute to insidious and chronic nutritional morbidity, and this has been quantified, in humans, as disability adjusted life years approximating 10.5 million. Ascaris larvae develop in host parenteral tissues, and the resultant pathology has been condemnation. Ascariasis, despite its staggering global prevalence and the sheer numbers of people it infects, remains a classic neglected disease. However, renewed interest in the consequences of early infection with worms from the perspective of immune modulation, co-infections and the development of allergy further enhances the relevance of these parasites. Brings together a wide range of topics and approaches and recent, comprehensive and progressive research concerning the neglected parasite Ascaris Provides a blueprint of how a single parasite entity can stimulate interest in basic biology, clinical science, veterinary science, public health and epidemiology Presents a wealth of new insights given that a book on this parasite has not been published for over 20 years 16 chapters from a range of top authors from around the world.
- Ascites, hyponatremia, and hepatorenal syndrome 2011, KargerDifferential diagnosis of ascites / Appenrodt, B. -- Current treatment strategies : diuretics / Bernardi, M. -- Paracentesis / Sanyal, A.J., Bajaj, J.S., Shaw, J. -- Large volume paracentesis : which plasma expander? / Terg, R.A -- Albumin : not just a plasma expander / Davies, N.A. ... [et al.] -- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt for ascites : which patients will benefit? / Salerno, F., Cazzaniga, M. -- Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis prophylaxis and treatment / Wiest, R., Garcia-Tsao, G. -- Clinical implications of hyponatremia in cirrhosis / Heuman, D.M. -- Vaptans for ascites : chances and risks / Wong, F. -- Cardiorenal syndrome : a new entity? / Moller, S., Krag, A. -- Renal failure in cirrhosis / Gustot, T., Moreau, R. -- Novel definition of hepatorenal syndrome : clinical consequences / Fernandez, J., Arroyo, V. -- Role of infections in hepatorenal syndrome / Wiest, R. -- Tips for HRS / Sauerbruch, T., Appenrodt, B. -- Vasoconstrictor therapy for hepatorenal syndrome / Yeo, C.-M.; Garcia-Tsao, G. -- Terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome : the US experience / Musana, A.K., Sanyal, A.J. -- Terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome : predictors of response / Cárdenas, A., Gines, P. -- Safety of terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome / Krag, A., Moller, S. -- Terlipressin for hepatorenal syndrome : novel strategies and future perspectives / Angeli, P. --Hepatorenal syndrome and liver transplantation / Gonwa, T.A.
- ASCRS manual of colon and rectal surgery 2009, Springer
- ASCRS textbook of colon and rectal surgery 2007, Springer
- ASCRS textbook of colon and rectal surgery. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Physiology of the newborn -- Nutritional support of the pediatric patient -- Anesthetic considerations -- Renal impairment -- Coagulopathies and sickle cell disease -- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation -- Mechanical ventilation in pediatric surgical disease -- Vascular access -- Surgical infectious disease -- Fetal therapy -- Foreign bodies -- Bites -- Burns -- Early assessment and management of trauma -- Thoracic trauma -- Abdominal and renal trauma -- Pediatric head trauma -- Pediatric orthopedic trauma -- Neurosurgical conditions -- Congenital chest wall deformities -- Tracheal obstruction and repair -- Congenital bronchopulmonary malformations -- Acquired lesions of the lung and pleura -- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia and eventration -- Mediastinal tumors -- The esophagus -- Esophageal atresia and tracheoesophageal malformations -- Thoracoscopy in infants and children -- Gastroesophageal reflux -- Lesions of the stomach -- Duodenal and intestinal atresia and stenosis -- Malrotation -- Meconium disease -- Necrotizing enterocolitis -- Hirschsprung's disease -- Imperforate anus and cloacal malformations -- Fecal incontinence and constipation --Acquired anorectal disorders -- Intussusception -- Alimentary tract duplications -- Meckel's diverticulum -- Inflammatory bowel disease and intestinal cancer -- Appendicitis -- Biliary tract disorders and portal hypertension -- Solid organ and intestinal transplantation -- Lesions of the pancreas -- Splenic conditions -- Congenital abdominal wall defects -- Umbilical and other abdominal wall hernias -- Laparoscopy -- Inguinal hernias and hydroceles -- Undescended testes and testicular tumors -- The acute scrotum -- Developmental and positional anomalies of the kidneys -- Ureteral obstruction and malformations -- Urinary tract infection and vesicoureteral reflux -- Bladder and urethra -- Posterior urethral valves -- Bladder and cloacal exstrophy -- Hypospadias -- Circumcision -- Prune-belly syndrome -- Disorders of sexual differentiation -- Urologic laparoscopy -- Renovascular hypertension -- Principles of adjuvant therapy in childhood cancer -- Renal tumors -- Neuroblastoma -- Lesions of the liver -- Teratomas, dermoids, and other soft tissue tumors -- Lymphomas -- Rhabdomyosarcoma -- Nevus and melanoma -- Vascular anomalies -- Head and neck sinuses and masses -- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology -- Breast diseases -- Endocrine disorders and tumors -- Bariatric surgical procedures in adolescence -- Evidence-based medicine.
- Asian functional foods 2005, CRCnetBASE1. Functional Foods and Their Impact on Nutrition and Health: Opportunities in the Asia Pacific / Mark L. Wahlqvist and Naiyana Wattanapenpaiboon -- 2. Asian Herbal Products: The Basis for Development of High-Quality Dietary Supplements and New Medicines / Kuo-Hsiung Lee, Hideji Itokawa, and Mutsuo Kozuka -- 3. Chemistry, Pharmacology, and Quality Control of Selected Popular Asian Herbs in the U.S. Market / Mingfu Wang, Qing-Li Wu, James E. Simon, Yi Jin, and Chi-Tang Ho -- 4. Health-Related Fat Replacers Prepared from Grain for Improving Functional and Nutritive Values of Asian Foods / George E. Inglett, Craig J. Carriere, and Saipin Maneepun -- 5. Antiaging Properties of Asian Functional Foods: A Historical Topic Closely Linked to Longevity / Yi Dang -- 6. A New Treatment and Prevention Strategy for Human Papillomaviruses / Karen J. Auborn -- 7. Traditional Functional Foods in Korea / Su-Rae Lee -- 8. Evolution of Korean Dietary Culture and Health Food Concepts / Cherl-Ho Lee and Tai-Wan Kwon -- 9. Asian Fish Sauce as a Source of Nutrition / Chaufah Thongthai and Asbjørn Gildberg -- 10. Nutraceuticals from Seafood and Seafood By-Products / Fereidoon Shahidi -- 11. Functional Foods from Meat Animals / Youling L. Xiong -- 12. Functional Foods from Fruit and Fruit Products / John Shi and James H. Moy -- 13. Functional Foods from Fermented Vegetable Products: Kimchi (Korean Fermented Vegetables) and Functionality / Kun-Young Park and Sook-Hee Rhee -- 14. Antioxidative Function of Seeds and Nuts and Their Traditional Oils in the Orient / Yasuko Fukuda and Mayumi Nagashima -- 15. Antioxidants and Other Functional Extracts from Sugarcane / Kenji Koge, Michael Saska, and Chung Chi Chou -- 16. Functional Foods from Garlic and Onion / Toyohiko Ariga and Taiichiro Seki -- 17. Functional Foods from Date Fruits / Jiwan S. Sidhu and Suad N. Al-Hooti -- 18. Functional Foods and Products from Japanese Green Tea / Teruo Miyazawa and Kiyotaka Nakagawa -- 19. Miso as a Functional Food / W.J. Mullin -- 20. Fermented Soybean Products as Functional Foods: Functional Properties of Doenjang (Fermented Soybean Paste) / Kun-Young Park and Keun-Ok Jung -- 21. Conventional and Emerging Food Processing Technologies for Asian Functional Food Production / Hao Feng and Scott A. Morris.
- Asian ideas on health promotion and education from historical perspectives of the theory of yojo as an interface of health, self, and society -- Developing the curriculum and instruction model for suicide prevention and life education in Taiwan -- The yogo teacher, the health room, and health education at school in Japan -- New strategy on prevention and control of noncommunicable lifestyle-related diseases focusing on metablic syndrome in Japan -- Sensory awakening as a new approach to health promotion -- Health promotion and education in Thailand in comparison with the Japanese health care system and health informatics -- Development of a robot-assisted activity program for elderly people incorporating reading aloud and arithmetic calculation -- Health promotion for cancer survivors: new paradigm beyond prevention and treatment -- Alternative medicine and health promotion -- Key players in health promotion policy in the Northern part of the Western Pacific -- Community-based participatory research: a promising approach to address social determinants of health -- Toward development of intervention methods for strengthening the sense of coherence: suggestions from Japan -- Social capital and population approach -- Health promotion and healthy city projects in Korea -- A network of healthy cities in Asia and the Pacific: the alliance for healthy cities -- Empowerment in health and community settings -- Health communications -- Cost-benefit of health promotion: will it pay off?: Japan's venture against metabolic syndrome -- Health promotion activity and outcomes in the community.Japan's current health issues and health promotion in the community setting: focus on public health nurses' activities -- Outcomes of lifestyle improvement programs in the last ten years in Asia -- Health promoting schools in Taiwan: present status and future perspectives -- Workplace health promotion in Korea -- Characteristics of workplace health promotion in Japan -- Tokyo gas health promotion program -- Evidence of physical activity for disease control and health promotion -- Using computer-tailored technology to promote physical activity and healthy eating: a review of the literature and Asian-Pacific evidence -- Dietary lifestyle interventions of energy restriction for weight control and salt reduction for prevention of hypertensive risk in Asian adults -- Building capacity in smoking cessation counseling among health care professionals in China -- Issues of Korean alcohol policy perspectives -- Current status and prevention of obesity -- Waist-to-height ratio is the best anthropometric index for screening the risk of obesity-related disorders -- Health promotion and education based on the features of cardiovascular disease in Asia -- Prevention and psychological intervention in depression and stress-related conditions -- Principles and activities of oral health promotion in Asian countries -- New development in education to prevent sexual transmitted infections, especially HIV/AIDS: actual practice of sexuality health education by means of peer counseling approach -- School-based safety promotion in Japan -- "Safe community" in Asia: safety promotion based on injury prevention.
- Aspergilli 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Aspergillosis-- from diagnosis to prevention 2010, Springer
- Asphalt (bitumen) 2004
- Aspirin and related drugs 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Assessing and treating low incidence/high severity psychological disorders of childhood 2011, Springer"During the past several decades, interest in children's psychological disorders has grown steadily within the research community, resulting in a burgeoning knowledge base. The majority of the attention and funding, not surprisingly, has focused on the more prevalent and well-known conditions. Although this raises the odds that young people with more well-known disorders such as ADHD, autism, and learning disorders will receive much-needed professional assessment and intervention, children with less frequently encountered disorders may experience a higher risk of misdiagnosis and inappropriate treatment"--Back cover.
- Assessing bioavailability of drug delivery systems 2005, CRCnetBASE
- History, overview, and trends in child and adolescent psychological assessment / Robert W. Heffer, Tammy D. Barry, and Beth H. Garland -- Diagnostic classification systems / Jeremy D. Jewell, Stephen D.A. Hupp, and Andrew M. Pomerantz -- Interview and report writing / Amie E. Grills-Taquechel, Rosanna Polifroni, and Jack M. Fletcher -- Intelligence testing / R.W. Kamphaus, Cecil R. Reynolds, and Katie King Vogel -- Rating scale systems for assessing psychopathology : the Achenbach System of Empirically Based Assessment (ASEBA) and the Behavior Assessment System for Children-2 (BASC-2) / Leslie A. Rescorla -- Neuropsychological disorders of children / WM. Drew Gouvier, Audrey Baumeister, and Kola Ijaola -- Assessment of conduct problems / Nicole R. Powell ... [et al.] -- Evidence-based assessment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) / Paula Sowerby and Gail Tripp -- Assessment of mood disorders in children and adolescents / C. Emily Durbin and Sylia Wilson -- Assessment of bipolar disorder in children / Stephanie Danner, Matthew E. Young, and Mary A. Fristad -- Academic assessment / George H. Noell, Scott P. Ardoin, and Kristin A. Gansle -- Behavioral assessment of self-injury / Timothy R. Vollmer, Kimberly N. Sloman, and Carrie S.W. Borrero -- Autism spectrum disorders and comorbid psychopathology / Jessica A. Boisjoli and Johnny L. Matson -- Assessment of eating disorder symptoms in children and adolescents / Nancy Zucker ... [et al.] -- Pain assessment / Frank Andrasik and Carla Rime -- Assessment of pediatric feeding disorders / Cathleen C. Piazza and Henry S. Roane.
- Assessing emotional intelligence 2009, SpringerPt. I. Some Theoretical Thoughts on EI -- A Brief Analysis of 20 Years of Emotional Intelligence: An Introduction to Assessing Emotional Intelligence: Theory, Research, and Applications / Con Stough, Donald H. Saklofske and James D. A. Parker -- Psychometrics and the Measurement of Emotional Intelligence / Gilles E. Gignac -- Pt. II. Research on Measures of EI -- An Ability Model of Emotional Intelligence: A Rationale, Description, and Application of the Mayer Salovey Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT) / Peter K. Papadogiannis, Deena Logan and Gill Sitarenios -- Assessing Emotional Intelligence Using the Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i) and Related Instruments / Laura M. Wood, James D. A. Parker and Kateryna V. Keefer -- Psychometric Properties of the Trait Emotional Intelligence Questionnaire (TEIQue) / K. V. Petrides -- The Genos Emotional Intelligence Inventory: A Measure Designed Specifically for Workplace Applications / Benjamin R. Palmer, Con Stough, Richard Harmer and Gilles Gignac -- The Assessing Emotions Scale / Nicola S. Schutte, John M. Malouff and Navjot Bhullar -- Pt. III. Applying EI Research -- The Importance and Training of Emotional Intelligence at Work / Adrian Furnham -- Performance Based Measures and Practical Validity / John Reid -- The Application of Emotional Intelligence in Industrial and Organizational Psychology / Peter J. Jordan, Jane P. Murray and Sandra A. Lawrence -- Emotional Intelligence and Physical Health / Kateryna V. Keefer, James D. A. Parker and Donald H. Saklofske -- Emotional Intelligence and Clinical Disorders / Karen Hansen, Jenny Lloyd and Con Stough -- The Role of Emotional Intelligence in Education / James D. A. Parker, Donald H. Saklofske, Laura M. Wood and Terri Collin -- Pt. IV. New Directions and Conclusions -- Emotional Intelligence Across Cultures: Theoretical and Methodological Considerations / Gina EkermansEmotional Intelligence in Sport: Theoretical Linkages and Preliminary Empirical Relationships from Basketball / Con Stough, Mathilde Clements, Lena Wallish and Luke Downey -- Understanding the Neurobiology of Emotional Intelligence: A Review / Joanne C. Tarasuik, Joseph Ciorciari and Con Stough -- New Directions and Alternative Approaches to the Measurement of Emotional Intelligence / Benjamin Orchard, Carolyn MacCann, Ralf Schulze, Gerald Matthews, Moshe Zeidner and Richard D. Roberts.
- Assessing financing, education, management and policy context for strategic planning of human resources for health 2007Part 1. Status of human resources for health. Level of human resources for health -- Distribution of human resources of health -- Performance of human resources for health -- Cross-cutting problems concerning human resources for health -- Part 2. Policy levers affecting human resources for health. Financing -- Education -- Management -- Policy-making for human resources for health -- Part 3. Health workforce policy development. Assessing the current status of the health workforce -- Developing criteria for prioritizing problems -- Choosing policies to improve the health workforce -- Sequencing the implementation of policies
- Assessing impairment 2009, SpringerDefining the evolving concept of impairment /Sam Goldstein and Jack A. Naglieri --Measurement of symptom severity and impairment /Lawrence J. Lewandowski, Benjamin J. Lovett, and Michael Gordon --The role of family and situational problems in understanding and reducing impairment /John W. Eagle --Relationships between adaptive behavior and impairment /Jeffrey Ditterline and Thomas Oakland --Psychometric issues in the assessment of impairment /Jack A. Naglieri --The medical model of impairment /Norma Leclair, Steven Leclair, and Christopher R. Brigham --The DSM model of impairment /Diana K. Joyce and Allison G. Dempsey --Measuring impairment in a legal context : practical considerations in the evaluation of psychiatric and learning disabilities /Benjamin J. Lovett, Michael Gordon, and Lawrence J. Lewandowski --Impairment in children /Gregory A. Fabiano and William E. Pelham Jr. --Impairment in the geriatric population /Holly Tuokko and Lesley Ritchie --Assessing occupational disability following trauma and impairment /Jasen M. Walker and Stacey A. Petersen --Conclusion /Sam Goldstein and Jack A. Naglieri.
- Assessing nanoparticle risks to human health 2011, ScienceDirectThe book represents a systematic look at nanoparticle risks within the paradigm of risk assessment, consider the limitations of this paradigm in dealing with the extreme uncertainties regarding many aspects of nanoparticle exposure and toxicity, and suggest new methods for assessing and managing risks in this context. It considers the occupational environment where the potential for human exposure is the greatest as well as the issues relevant to occupational exposure assessment (e.g., the exposure metric) and the evidence from toxicological and epidemiological studies. A chapter is devoted to how conventional risk assessment can be carried out for a candidate nanoparticle (e.g., carbon nanotubes), and the limitations that arise from this approach. The authors propose several alternate methods in another chapter including screening assessments and adapting the rich methodological literature on the use of experts for risk assessment. Another chapter deals with non-occupational populations, their susceptibilities, and life-cycle risk assessments. There is a chapter on current risk management and regulatory oversight frameworks and their adequacy. This chapter also includes a discussion of US and EU approaches to risk assessment, as well as corporate approaches.
- Assessing race, ethnicity and gender in health 2006, SpringerPrologue --pt. 1.Foundations --1.Constructing categories : context and consequences --2.Methodological considerations --pt. 2.Constructs : their definition and use --3.Defining race, ethnicity and related constructs --4.Defining sex, gender, and sexual orientation constructs --5.Race, ethnicity, and sexual orientation in health --pt. 3.Assessing gender, ethnicity, and related constructs --6.Measures of ethnicity, ethnic identification, acculturation, and immigration status --7.Measures of sex, gender, gender role, and sexual orientation --Index.
- This assessment tool describes in detail how to undertake a first baseline assessment of a national HIS. The assessment process is intended to be both catalytic and synergistic. It should move stakeholders towards a shared and broader vision of a more coherent, integrated, efficient and useful system. The gap between the existing system and this new vision will be an important stimulus for moving to the next stage of planning national HIS reform. Such an assessment process can also be a mechanism for directly engaging stakeholders and for reinforcing broad-based consensus-building.--Publisher's description.
- Assessing the quality of cancer care 2005, NAP
- Assessing well-being 2009, SpringerIntroduction--measuring well-being : collected theory and review works / Ed Diener -- Temporal stability and cross-situational consistency of affective, behavioral, and cognitive responses / Ed Diener and Randy J. Larsen -- Assessing subjective well-being: progress and opportunities / Ed Diener -- The evolving concept of subjective well-being: the multifaceted nature of happiness / Ed Diener, Christie Napa Scollon, and Richard E. Lucas -- Review of the satisfactionwith life scale / William Pavot and Ed Diener -- Subjective well-being: the convergence and stability of self-report and non-self-report measures / Ed Sandvik, Ed Diener, and Larry Seidlitz -- Measuring positive emotions / Richard E. Lucas, Ed Diener, and Randy J. Larsen -- Experience sampling: promises and pitfalls, strengths and weaknesses / Christie Napa Scollon, Chu Kim-Prieto, and Ed Diener -- Life-satisfaction is a momentary judgment and a stable personality characteristic: the use of chronically accessible and stable sources / Ulrich Schimmack, Ed Diener, and Shigehiro Oishi -- Happiness is the frequency, not the intensity, of positive versus negative affect / Ed Diener, Ed Sandvik, and William Pavot -- Income's differential influence on judgments of life versus affective well-being / Ed Diener ... [et al.] -- New measures of well-being / Ed Diener ... [et al.] -- Conclusion: future directions in measuring well-being / Ed Diener.
- Assessment and culture 2002, ScienceDirectIntroduction -- The challenge of non-discriminatory assessment in a culturally diverse society -- Ethical and legal issues in cross-cultural assessment -- Toward a bio-cultural perspective of assessment -- Assessing the intellectual functioning of children from culturally diverse backgrounds -- Assessing the linguistic proficiency of children from culturally diverse backgrounds -- Assessing the academic performance of children from culturally diverse backgrounds -- Assessing the visual-motor and neuropsychological functioning of culturally diverse children -- Personality assessment and culturally diverse children -- Cultural issues in vocational/guidance assessment -- A bio-cultural approach to report writing -- Training school and university personnel to work with cross-cultural ethnic minority populations -- Implications for cross-cultural research in assessment -- Policy implications in cross-cultural assessment.
- Assessment in health professions education 2009, ebraryIntroduction to assessment in the health professions / Steven M. Downing and Rachel Yudkowsky -- Validity and its threats / Steven M. Downing and Thomas M. Haladyna -- Reliability / Rick D. Alexson and Clarence D. Kreiter -- Generalizability theory / Clarence D. Kreiter -- Statistics of testing / Steven M. Downing -- Standard setting / Rachel Yudkowsky, Steven M. Downing, and Ara Tekian -- Written tests : constructed-response and selected-response formats / Steven M. Downing -- Observational assessment / William C. McGahie, John Butter, and Marsha Kaye -- Performance tests / Rachel Yudkowsky -- Simulations in assessment / William C. McGahie and S. Barry Issenberg -- Oral examinations / Ara Tekian and Rachel Yudkowsky -- Assessment portfolios / Ara Tekian and Rachel Yudkowsky.
- Assessment of addictive behaviors for relapse prevention / Dennis M. Donovan -- Assessment of addictive behaviors in ethnic-minority cultures / Arthur W. Blume, Osvaldo F. Morera, and Berenice Garcia -- Assessment of alcohol problems / Ned L. Cooney, Ronald M. Kadden, Howard R. Steinberg -- Assessment of smoking behavior / William G. Shadel and Saul Shiffman -- Assessment of cocaine abuse and dependence / Kathleen M. Carroll and Samuel A. Ball -- Assessment of amphetamine abuse and dependence / Richard A. Rawson, Ruthlyn Sodano, and Maureen Hillhouse -- Assessment of opioid use / James Westphal, David A. Wasserman, Carmen L. Masson, and James L. Sorensen -- Assessment of cannibus use disorders / Robert S. Stephens and Roger A. Roffman -- Assessment of club drug, hallucinogen, inhalant, and steroid abuse and dependence / Jason R. Kilmer, Rebekka S. Palmer, and Jessica M. Cronce -- Assessment of eating behaviors / R. Lorriane Collins -- Assessment of gambling behaviors / Howard J. Shaffer and Christopher R. Freed -- Assessment of sex offender relapse / Jennifer G. Wheeler, William H. George, and Kari Stephens -- Assessment of sexual risk behaviors / William H. George, Tina M. Zawacki, Jane M. Simoni, Kari A. Stephens, and Kristen P. Lindgren.
- Assessment of potential health effects from exposure to PAVE PAWS low-level phased-array radiofrequency energy 2005, NAP
- A₃ adenosine receptors from cell biol...
- — Advances in regenerative medicine ......
- Advances in schizophrenia research, ....
- — Angiogenesis in inflammation ...........
- Angiogenesis inhibition ................
- — Assessment of potential health effect...
- Assessment scales in old age psychiat...
- — Āyurveda ...............................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases