- A₃ adenosine receptors from cell biol...
- — Advances in spinal fusion ..............
- Advances in spinal stabilization .......
- — Angiogenesis in inflammation ...........
- Angiogenesis inhibition ................
- — Assessment and culture .................
- Assessment of addictive behaviors. 2n...
- — Āyurveda ...............................
- Advances in spinal stabilization 2003, Karger
- Advances in stem cell aging 2012, KargerSpeakers at the symposium / Morita, M. -- Aging of the niche and the microenvironment and its role in stem cell aging / Geiger, H. -- Hematopoietic stem cell aging and cancer / Chen, Y., Ju, Z. -- DNA damage, checkpoint responses, and cell cycle control in aging stem cells / Kleinhans, K.N., Burkhalter, M.D. -- Hematopoietic stem cell aging and fate decision / Illing, A., Morita, Y. -- Stem cell therapy and stress response in pancreas and intestine -- Sperka, T., Omrani, O. -- Niche-stem cell interations and environmental influences / Tang, D. -- Stem cells and metabolism / Missios, P., Guachalla, L. -- Molecular mechanisms of muscle stem cell aging / Baig, A.H., Tümpel, S. -- Neural stem cells in development and aging / Schmidt-Strassburger, U.
- Advances in stem cell research 2012, SpringerES Cell Lines from Tetraploid Mouse Blastocysts /Martin J. Pfeiffer, Martin Stehling, Anna Jauch and Michele Boiani --The Significance of Culture Adaptation of Embryonic Stem Cells for Regenerative Medicine /Neil J. Harrison, Duncan Baker and Peter W. Andrews --Biomanufacturing Human Pluripotent Stem Cells for Therapeutic Applications /Xiaojun Lian and Sean P. Palecek --hESC-Derived Hepatocytes /Iman Saramipoor Behbahan and Mark A. Zern --Advances in Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Biology /Ali Seifinejad --iPS Cells: New Applications for Metabolic Liver Diseases /Tobias Cantz, Abbas Beh-Pajooh and Malte Sgodda --Vascular Differentiation of Human Pluripotent Stem Cells /Helena Vazão, Mário Grãos and Lino Ferreira --Mechanism of MicroRNA-Mediated Global DNA Demethylation in Human iPS Cells /Shi-Lung Lin --Microtechnological Approaches in Stem Cell Science /Faramarz Edalat, Jae Min Cha, Hojae Bae, Sam Manoucheri and Sang Bok Kim, et al.Application of Micro/Nanotechnology to Stem Cell Research and Technology /Amir R. Aref --Spermatogonial Stem Cells /Hossein Azizi, Sabine Conrad, Thomas Skutella and Irma Virant-Klun --Cellular Reprogramming and Fate Conversion /Masaki Ieda --Omics in Stem Cell Therapy: The Road Ahead /Kyunghee Byun, Goo-Bo Jeong, Trevor N. Collingwood and Bonghee Lee --Microglia: The Bodyguard and the Hunter of the Adult Neurogenic Niche /Jorge Valero, Maria Francisca Eiriz, Tiago Santos, Ismael Neiva and Raquel Ferreira, et al. --Immunosuppressive Properties of Mesenchymal Stromal Cells /Francesco Lanza, Diana Campioni, Endri Mauro, Annalisa Pasini and Roberta Rizzo --Cellular Therapy for Hematology Malignancies: Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Transplantation, Graft-Versus-Host Disease, and Graft Versus Leukemia Effects /James L. M. Ferrara and Pavan Reddy --Cardiac Versus Non-Cardiac Stem Cells to Repair the Heart: The Role of Autocrine/Paracrine Signals /Manlio Vinciguerra, Vincenzo Lionetti, Carlo Ventura and Nadia Rosenthal --Adult Neurogenesis in Alzheimer's Disease and Therapies /Philippe Taupin.
- Advances in systems biology 2012, SpringerPart 1. Multiscale biological networks: identification, modeling and analysis -- Modular Analysis of Biological Networks / Hans-Michael Kaltenbach and Jörg Stelling -- Modeling Signaling Networks Using High-throughput Phospho-proteomics / Camille Terfve and Julio Saez-Rodriguez -- An Integrated Bayesian Framework for Identifying Phosphorylation Networks in Stimulated Cells / Tapesh Santra, Boris Kholodenko and Walter Kolch -- Signaling Cascades: Consequences of Varying Substrate and Phosphatase Levels / Elisenda Feliu, Michael Knudsen and Carsten Wiuf -- Heterogeneous Biological Network Visualization System: Case Study in Context of Medical Image Data / Erno Lindfors, Jussi Mattila, Peddinti V. Gopalacharyulu, Antti Pesonen and Jyrki Lötjönen, et al. -- Evolution of the Cognitive Proteome: From Static to Dynamic Network Models / J. Douglas Armstrong and Oksana Sorokina -- Molecular Systems Biology of Sic1 in Yeast Cell Cycle Regulation Through Multiscale Modeling / Matteo Barberis -- Proteome-Wide Screens in Saccharomyces cerevisiae Using the Yeast GFP Collection / Yolanda T. Chong, Michael J. Cox and Brenda Andrews -- Unraveling the Complex Regulatory Relationships Between Metabolism and Signal Transduction in Cancer / Michelle L. Wynn, Sofia D. Merajver and Santiago Schnell -- Part 2. Cellular decision making: adaptation, differentiation and death -- The Cell as a Thermostat: How Much does it Know? / Dennis Bray -- Stem Cell Differentiation as a Renewal-Reward Process: Predictions and Validation in the Colonic Crypt / Kiran Gireesan Vanaja, Andrew P. Feinberg and Andre Levchenko -- A Dynamic Physical Model of Cell Migration, Differentiation and Apoptosis in Caenorhabditis elegans / Antje Beyer, Ralf Eberhard, Nir Piterman, Michael O. Hengartner and Alex Hajnal, et al. -- A Modular Model of the Apoptosis Machinery / E. O. Kutumova, I. N. Kiselev, R. N. Sharipov, I. N. Lavrik and Fedor A. Kolpakov --An Ensemble Approach for Inferring Semi-quantitative Regulatory Dynamics for the Differentiation of Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells Using Prior Knowledge / Dominik Lutter, Philipp Bruns and Fabian J. Theis -- Cell Death and Life in Cancer: Mathematical Modeling of Cell Fate Decisions / Andrei Zinovyev, Simon Fourquet, Laurent Tournier, Laurence Calzone and Emmanuel Barillot -- Theoretical Aspects of Cellular Decision-Making and Information-Processing / Tetsuya J. Kobayashi and Atsushi Kamimura -- Zooming in on Yeast Osmoadaptation / Clemens Kühn and Edda Klipp -- Part 3. Spatial and temporal dymensions of intracellular dynamics -- Receptor Dynamics in Signaling / Verena Becker, Jens Timmer and Ursula Klingmüller -- A Systems-Biology Approach to Yeast Actin Cables / Tyler Drake, Eddy Yusuf and Dimitrios Vavylonis -- Modeling Morphodynamic Phenotypes and Dynamic Regimes of Cell Motion / Mihaela Enculescu and Martin Falcke -- Time-Structure of the Yeast Metabolism In vivo / Kalesh Sasidharan, Masaru Tomita, Miguel Aon, David Lloyd and Douglas B. Murray -- Coarse Graining Escherichia coli Chemotaxis: From Multi-flagella Propulsion to Logarithmic Sensing / Tine Curk, Franziska Matthäus, Yifat Brill-Karniely and Jure Dobnikar -- Self-Feedback in Actin Polymerization / Anders E. Carlsson -- Part 4. Computational tools, algorithms and theoretical methods for systems biology -- Global Optimization in Systems Biology: Stochastic Methods and Their Applications / Eva Balsa-Canto, J. R. Banga, J. A. Egea, A. Fernandez-Villaverde and G. M. de Hijas-Liste -- Mathematical Modeling of the Human Energy Metabolism Based on the Selfish Brain Theory / Matthias Chung and Britta Göbel -- Identification of Sensitive Enzymes in the Photosynthetic Carbon Metabolism / Renato Umeton, Giovanni Stracquadanio, Alessio Papini, Jole Costanza and Pietro Liò, et al. -- Formal Methods for Checking the Consistency of Biological Models / Allan Clark, Vashti Galpin, Stephen Gilmore, Maria Luisa Guerriero and Jane Hillston -- Global Parameter Identification of Stochastic Reaction Networks from Single Trajectories / Christian L. Müller, Rajesh Ramaswamy and Ivo F. Sbalzarini -- A Systems Biology View of Adaptation in Sensory Mechanisms / Pablo A. Iglesias -- Leveraging Modeling Approaches: Reaction Networks and Rules / Michael L. Blinov and Ion I. Moraru -- Part 5. Applications of systems biology in medicine, biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry --Why and How to Expand the Role of Systems Biology in Pharmaceutical Research and Development / Robert D. Phair -- Multiscale Mechanistic Modeling in Pharmaceutical Research and Development / Lars Kuepfer, Jörg Lippert and Thomas Eissing -- Re-analysis of Bipolar Disorder and Schizophrenia Gene Expression Complements the Kraepelinian Dichotomy / Kui Qian, Antonio Di Lieto, Jukka Corander, Petri Auvinen and Dario Greco -- Bringing Together Models from Bottom-Up and Top-Down Approaches: An Application for Growth of Escherichia coli on Different Carbohydrates / Andeas Kremling -- A Differential Equation Model to Investigate the Dynamics of the Bovine Estrous Cycle / H. M. T. Boer, C. Stötzel, S. Röblitz and H. Woelders -- Reducing Systems Biology to Practice in Pharmaceutical Company Research; Selected Case Studies / N. Benson, L. Cucurull-Sanchez, O. Demin, S. Smirnov and P. van der Graaf -- System-Scale Network Modeling of Cancer Using EPoC / Tobias Abenius, Rebecka Jörnsten, Teresia Kling, Linnéa Schmidt and José Sánchez, et al. -- Early Patient Stratification and Predictive Biomarkers in Drug Discovery and Development / Daphna Laifenfeld, David A. Drubin, Natalie L. Catlett, Jennifer S. Park and Aaron A. Van Hooser, et al. -- Biomedical Atlases: Systematics, Informatics and Analysis / Richard A. Baldock and Albert Burger.
- Advances in systems biology Lane Catalog record
- Advances in targeted cancer therapy 2005, SpringerDawn of a new era in molecular cancer therapeutics -- Obstacles and opportunities in the clinical development of targeted therapeutics -- Tumor models for preclinical development of targeted agents -- Angiogenesis inhibitors: what is the clinical future? -- Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitors in cancer therapy -- Cell survival signaling during apoptosis: implications in drug resistance and anti-cancer therapeutic development -- Targeted histone deacetylase inhibition for cancer prevention and therapy -- Inhibitors of cyclin-dependent kinase modulators for cancer therapy -- Targeting cyclooxygenase-2 for cancer prevention and treatment -- Antisense approaches in drug discovery and development -- Preclinical development of Alimta (Pemetrexed LY231514), a multitargeted antifolate.
- Advances in the design of antifungal clinical trials Lane Catalog record
- Advances in the management of testosterone deficiency 2009., KargerCurrent guidelines for the diagnosis of testosterone deficiency / S. Arver, M. Lehtihet -- Laboratory measurement of testosterone / M.J. Diver -- Advances in testosterone replacement therapy / L.J.G. Gooren -- The role of the CAG repeat androgen receptor polymorphism in andrology / M. Zitzmann -- Late-onset hypogonadism / L.J.G Gooren -- Testosterone in obesity, metabolic syndrome, and type 2 diabetes / R.D. Stanworth, T.H. Jones --Testosterone and coronary artery disease / J.E. Nettleship ... [et al.] -- Erectile dysfunction and testosterone deficiency / M. Blute ... [et al.] -- Testosterone, bone, and osteoporosis / S.P. Tuck, R.M. Francis -- Frailty and muscle function : role for testosterone? / U. Srinivas-Shankar, F.C.W. Wu -- Testosterone effects on cognition in health and disease / M.M. Cherrier -- Anabolic applications of androgens for functional limitations associated with aging and chronic illness / S. Bhasin, T.W. Storer -- Testosterone in chronic heart failure / C.J. Malkin, T.H. Jones, K.S. Channer -- Testosterone and prostate safety / A. Morgentaler, C. Schulman.
- Advances in the neuroscience of addiction 2010, CRCnetBASEAdvances in animal models of relapse for addiction research / Friedbert Weiss -- Application of chronic extracellular recording method to studies of cocaine self-administration : method and progress / Laura L. Peoples, Alexai V. Kravitz, and Karine Guillem -- Neurochemistry of addiction : monitoring essential neurotransmitters of addiction / Stefan G. Sandberg and Paul A. Garris -- Alcohol craving and relapse prediction : imaging studies / Andreas Heinz ... [et al.] -- Integrating behavioral and molecular approaches in mouse : self-administration studies / Danielle L. Graham and David W. Self -- Neuroeconomics : implications for understanding the neurobiology of addiction / Michael L. Platt ... [et al.].
- Advances in TNF family research 2011, SpringerRoles of the TNF family in tissue homeostasis and normal development -- Novel aspects of signaling activation by the TNF family: novel aspects of the functions of the TRAFs and cIAPs -- Novel aspects of signaling activation by the TNF: ubiquitin modification of signaling proteins -- Novel aspects of signaling activation by the TNF family: TNF signaling and gene regulatory networks -- Roles of the TNF family in infectious diseases and interrelationship of the TNF family and pattern recognition receptor signaling: roles of the TNF family in infectious diseases -- Roles of the TNF family in infectious diseases and interrelationship of the TNF family and pattern recognition receptor signaling: interrelationship of the TNF family and pattern recognition receptor signaling -- Novel aspects of immune regulation by the TNF family -- Control of lymphocyte function and repertoire by the TNF family -- Advances in applying our knowledge to therapy: mechanisms of pathological and therapeutic effects of the TNF family -- Advances in applying our knowledge to therapy: rational design of new means for therapeutic modulation of function of the TNF family -- Roles of the TNF family in neuronal development, function, and pathology -- Cell death mechanisms controlled by the TNF family -- Contributors to abstracts of talks and posters at the 12th TNF Conference -- Abstracts of talks and posters presented at the 12th TNF Conference.
- Advances in transfusion safety Lane Catalog record
- Advances in transfusion safety Lane Catalog recordCurrent status of blood safety / moderator: J.S. Epstein -- Current estimates of transfusion safety worldwide / R.Y. Dodd -- Emerging infectious agents / D.A. Leiby -- New safety technologies I / moderator: H.J. Alter -- Bar code technology improves positive patient identification and transfusion safety / S.G. Sandler, A. Langeberg, L. Donhalek -- How are current blood safety priorities perceived in developed and developing world -- Pathogenesis and transfusion risk of transmissible spongiform encephalopathies / P. Brown -- Hemopure's process demonstrates TSE and viral clearance / A. Laccetti ... [et al.] -- New safety technologies II / moderator: G.M. Fitzpatrick --Movement toward international harmonization / Moderator: C. Smit Sibinga -- Movement toward international harmonisation: activities of the WHO, GCBS and Council of Europe / J. Koistinen -- Panel and open discussion / moderator: J.S. Epstein -- How do industry and government approach product standardization? / A.E. Williams -- Surveillance and management of medical errors: putting data to use / moderator: R.M. Lewis -- Event reporting systems: MERS-TM, surveillance - seeing and using the data below the waterline / H.S. Kaplan -- Surveillance of transfusion errors: putting data to use in the U.K. / M.F. Murphy -- U.S. regulatory efforts to address errors in transfusion / R.M. Lewis --Ordering blood for the wrong patient: getting inside the minds of ordering physicians / M.L. Foss, S.B. Moore -- Evidence-based transfusion practice / moderator: H.G. Klein -- RBC transfusion triggers: the evidence / J.L. Carson -- The evidence base for blood donor selection criteria / V. James -- Panel and open discussion / moderator: M. Brecher -- What drives transfusion practice? / A.E. Williams.Perspectives of paid whole and plasma donation / V. Kretschmer ... [et al.] -- Perspectives on compensated plasma donation / J.M. Bult -- What is the role for the use of incentives, including paid donations? / A.E. Williams -- Donor management in the development world: challenges and solutions / moderator: J.-P. Allain -- Donor management in a teaching hospital blood bank in West Africa / J.-P. Allain, S. Owusu-Ofori, G. Bedu-Addo -- Donor management: Malaysia and the Western Pacific Region / Y. Ayob -- Taking a closer look at blood donation in Latin America / E. Vinelli -- Donor management in South-East Asia Region (SEAR) / Z.S. Bharucha --Universal pre-storage leukoreduction - a defensible use of hospital resources: the Yale-New Haven hospital experience / J.M. Fisk, E.L. Snyder -- Blood substitutes: how close to a solution? / H.G. Klein -- Testing, inactivation, or both? / A.E. Williams -- Issues in donor recruitment and selection / moderator: A.E. Williams -- Donor recruitment and education / N. Mikkelsen -- Initiatives to improve blood donor screening / S. Kleinman, L. Katz -- Iron balance in the red blood cell donor / G.M. Brittenham -- Paid vs. voluntary plasma donation / moderator: P.F. Strengers -- International movement of plasma and plasma contracting / A. Farrugia -- Impact of source plasma standards on recovered plasma / C. Bianco --
- Treatment of acute mania in bipolar disorder / Terence A. Ketter ... [et al.] -- Treatment of acute depression in bipolar disorder / Gary S. Sachs -- Long-term management of bipolar disorder / Charles L. Bowden and Vivek Singh -- Treatment of rapid-cycling bipolar disorder / David J. Muzina ... [et al.] -- Treatment of children and adolescents with bipolar disorder / Kiki D. Chang, Meghan Howe, and Diana I. Simeonova -- Special considerations for women with bipolar disorder / Natalie L. Rasgon and Laurel N. Zappert.
- Advances in understanding aortic diseases 2009, Springer
- Advances in understanding human performance 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Advances in vagal afferent neurobiology 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Advances in vascular medicine 2010, Springer
- Advances in vasopressin and oxytocin 2008, ScienceDirectNonapeptides and the evolutionary patterning of sociality / J.L. Goodson -- Sex differences in vasopressin and oxytocin innervation of the brain / G.J. de Vries -- The parvocellular vasopressinergic system and responsiveness of the hypothalamic pituitary adrenal axis during chronic stress / G. Auilera ... [et al.] -- Experimental approaches for the study of oxytocin and vasopressin gene expression in the central nervous system / E.M. Scordalakes, C. Yue and H. Gainer -- Oxytocin knockout mice: a model for studying stress-related and ingestive behaviours / J.A. Amico ... [et al.] -- The role of the vasopressin 1b receptor in aggression and other social behaviours / H.K. Caldwell, S.R. Wersinger and W.S. Young III -- Behavioural studies using temporal and spatial inactivation of the oxytocin receptor / H.-J. Lee ... [et al.] -- New aspects of oxytocin receptor function revealed by knockout mice: sociosexual behavior and control of energy balance / K. Nishimori ... [et al.] -- Regulation of vasopressin release by co-released neurotransmitters: mechanisms of purinergic and adrenergic synergism / C.D. Sladek and Z. Song -- Neuron-glia interactions in the rat supraoptic nucleus / S.H.R. Oliet ... [et al.] -- Dynamic synapses in the hypothalamic-neurohypophyseal system / K.J. Iremonger and J.S. Bains -- Endogenous modulators of synaptic transmission: cannabinoid regulation in the supraoptic nucleus / N.A. McDonald ... [et al.] -- Oxytocin and appetite / G. Leng ... [et al.] -- Neural mechanisms underlying the milk ejection burst and reflex / G.I. Hatton and Y.-F. Wang -- Oxytocin receptor signaling / D. Devost, P. Wrzal and H.H. Zingg -- Neurosteroids are excitatory in supraoptic neurons but inhibitory in the peripheral nervous system: it is all about oxytocin and progesterone receptors / C. Viero and G. Dayanithi -- Oxytocin receptors: ligand binding, signaling and cholesterol dependence / G. Gimpl ... [et al.] -- Opposite effects of oxytocin and vasopressin on the emotional expression of the fear response / D. Viviani and R. Stoop -- Multi-factorial somato-dendritic regulation of phasic spike discharge in vasopressin neurons / C.H. Brown ... [et al.] -- Neurophysiology of supraoptic neurons in C57/BL mice studied in three acute in vitro preparations / R. Sharif-Naeini ... [et al.] -- Effects of oxytocin on GABA signalling in the foetal brain during delivery / R. Khazipov, R. Tyzio and Y. Ben-Ari -- Central vasopressin and oxytocin release: regulation of complex social behaviours / A.H. Veenema and I.D. Neumann -- Interactions between dopamine and oxytocin in the control of sexual behavior / T.A. Baskerville and A.J. Douglas -- Steroidal/neuropeptide interactions in hypothalamus and amygdale related to social anxiety / E. Choleris ... [et al.] -- Functional magnetic resonance imaging and the neurobiology of vasopressin and oxytocin / C.F. Ferris -- Evolution of the arginine vasopressin 1a receptor and implications for mammalian social behaviour / G. Heckel and S. Fink -- Oxytocin, vasopressin and sociality / C.S. Carter ... [et al.] -- Neuropeptides and social behaviour: effects of oxytocin and vasopressin in humans / M. Heinrichs and G. Domes -- Chronic stress plasticity in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus / J.P. Herman, J. Flak and R. Jankord -- Keeping oxytocin neurons under control during stress in pregnancy / P.J. Brunton and J.A. Russell -- Rapid synapse-specific regulation of hypothalamic magnocellular neurons by glucocorticoids / S. Di and J.G. Tasker -- Vasopressin in the septum: not important versus casually involved in learning and memory - two faces of the same coin? / M. Engelmann -- Role of the endocannabinoid system in regulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical axis / M.A. Steiner and C.T. Wotjak -- Molecular genetic studies of the arginine vasopressin 1a receptor (AVPR1a) and the oxytocin receptor (OXTR) in human behaviour: from autism to altruism with some notes in between / S. Israel ... [et al.] -- Oxytocin and experimental therapeutics in autism spectrum disorders / J.A. Bartz and E. Hollander -- Impact of prosocial neuropeptides on human brain function / A. Meyer-Lindenberg -- Peptide and non-peptide agonists and antagonists for the vasopressin and oxytocin V₁[a], V₁[b], V₂ and OT receptors: research tools and potential therapeutic agents / M. Manning ... [et al.] -- Affinity and efficacy of selective agonists and antagonists for vasopressin and oxytocin receptors: an "easy guide" to receptor pharmacology / B. Chini, M. Manning and G. Guillon -- Prevention of hypoxic brain oedema by the administration of vasopressin receptor antagonist OPC-31260 / A.H. Molnár ... [et al.] -- Characterization of a novel and selective V₁[B] receptor antagonist / M. Craighead ... [et al.] -- Molecular mechanisms of clinical concentrating and diluting disorders / R.W. Schrier -- Action-binding channels / Y. Noda and S. Sasaki -- Opposite potentiality of hypothalamic coexpressed neuropeptides, apelin and vasopressin in maintaining body-fluid homeostasis / C. Llorens-Cortes and F. Moos -- Recent discoveries in vasopressin-regulated aquaporin-2 trafficking / R.A. Fenton and H.B. Moeller -- Pathophysiological role of aquaporin-2 in impaired water excretion / S.-e. Ishikawa ... [et al.] -- Potential utility of aquaporin modulators for therapy of brain disorders / M.C. Papadopoulos and A.S. Verkman.
- Advances in Yersinia research 2012, Springer
- Advances on models, characterizations, and applications 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Adventure and extreme sports injuries 2013, Springer
- Adversarial reasoning 2007, CRCnetBASEFeaturing approaches that draw from disciplines such as artificial intelligence and cognitive modeling, this book describes technologies and applications that address a broad range of practical problems, including military planning and command, military and foreign intelligence, antiterrorism and domestic security, as well as simulation and training systems. The authors present an overview of each problem and then discuss approaches and applications, combining theoretical rigor with accessibility. This comprehensive volume covers intent and plan recognition, deception discovery, and strategy formulation.
- Adverse cutaneous drug eruptions 2012, Karger"The skin is one of the most frequently involved organs in adverse drug reactions. Occurring with an incidence of 1 to 5 percent for certain types of drugs, cutaneous drug eruptions are mostly benign in nature, and comprise the maculopapular type of eruption and urticaria. However, about one third of them require hospital treatment, leading to a considerable burden for the health care system. In this book, a selected group of experts provide an up-to-date, condensed and clinically relevant overview of the field of cutaneous drug eruptions, ranging from epidemiology and genetic predisposition to available therapeutic measures, including rapid drug desensitization. Reflecting the great progress made in recent years in this field, this publication will be a useful tool for a better understanding, diagnosis and management of cutaneous drug eruptions, not only for general physicians, dermatologists and clinical allergologists, but also for nurses and scientists." -- publisher's site.
- Adverse drug reactions 2010, SpringerPt. 1. Target organ toxicity. -- Drug-induced liver injury / Michael Holt, Cynthia Ju.-- Drug herpersensitivity reactions involving skin / Oliver Hausmann, Benno Schnyder, Werner J. Pichler.-- Adverse drug reactions affecting blood cells / Richard H. Aster.-- Molecular mechanisms of adverse drug reactions in cardiac tissue / Reza Tabrizchi.-- Mechanisms of drug-induced nephrotoxicity / Thomas D. Nolin, Jonathan Himmelfarb.-- Receptor- and reactive intermediate-mediated mechanisms of teratogenesis / Peter G. Wells, Crystal J.J. Lee, Gordon P. McCallum, Julia Perstin, Patricia A. Harper.-- Pt. II. Mediators/Biochemical pathways.-- Role of reactive metabolites in drug-induced hepatotoxicity / A.M. Srivastava, J. L. Maggs, D. J. Antoine, D. P. Williams, D. A. Smith, B. K. Park.-- Role of cytokines in the mechanism of adverse drug reactions / Mary Jane Masson, Lindsay A. Collins, Lance R. Poh.-- Keap1-Nrf2 cellular defense pathway: mechanisms of regulation and role in protection against drug-induced toxicity / Ian M. Copple, Christopher E. Goldring, Neil R. Kitteringham, B. Kevin Park.-- Signal transduction pathways involved in drug-induced liver injury / Derick Han, Mie Shinohara, Maria D. Ybanez, Behnam Saberi, Neil Kaplowitz.-- Mictrochondrial involvement in drug-induced liver injury / Dominique Pessayre, Abdellah Mansouri, Alain Berson, Bernard Fromenty.-- Pt. III. Examples/Models.-- Mechanisms of acetaminophen-induced liver necrosis / Jack A. Hinson, Dean W. Roberts, Laura P. James.-- Drug-induced liver injury in humans: the case of Ximelagtran / M. Keisu, T.B. Andersson.-- Troglitazone / Tsuyoshi Yokoi.-- Neviropine hypersensitivity / M. Popovic, J.M. Shenton, J. Chen, A. Baban, T. Tharmanathan, B. Mannargudi, D. Abdulla, J.P. Uetrecht.-- Mechanisms of adverse drug reactions to biologics / Janet B. Clarke.-- Pt. IV. Risk factors/Screening drug candidates.-- Pharmacogenetics of idiosyncratic adverse drug reactions / Munir Pirmohamed.-- Danger hypothesis applied to idiosyncratic drug reactions / Jinze Li, Jack P. Uetrecht.-- Approaches for minimizing metabolic activation of new drug candidates in drug discovery / Sanjeev Kumar, Kaushik Mitra, Kelem Kassahun, Thomas A. Baillie.
- Adverse effects of engineered nanomaterials. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectA. Engineered nanomaterials: hazard, exposure and safety assessment. Interactions with the human body / Renato Colognato ... [et al.] -- Exposure assessment / Antonio Bergamaschi, Ivo Iavicoli and Kai Savolainen -- Biomonitoring / Enrico bergamaschi and Andrea Magrini -- Critical evaluation of toxicity tests / Maria Dusinska ... [et al.] -- Computational approaches / Vidana Epa, Dave Winkler and Lang Tran -- Regulation and legislation / Maureen R. Gwinn and Birgit Sokull-Klüttgen -- B. Engineered nanomaterials: impact on human health. Respiratory system / Ken Donaldson and Craig Poland -- Cardiovascular system / Jennifer B. Raftis, Nicholas L. Mills and Rodger Duffin -- Neurological system / Sandra Ceccatelli and Giuseppe Bardi -- Immune system / Diana Boraschi and Albert Duschl -- Skin / Nancy A. Monteiro-Riviere and Francesca Larese Filon -- Gastrointestinal tract / Mark A. Jepson -- Reproductive toxicity / Karin Sørig Hougaard and Luisa Campagnolo -- Genotocicity and cancer / Shareen H. Doak, Ying Liu and Chunying Chen -- C. Biomedical applications of engineered nanomaterials. Diagnostic applications / Kalcheng and Zhen Cheng -- Therapeutic applications / Cyrill Bussy ... [et al.] -- Annex: synthesis of engineered nanomaterials / Muhammet S. toprak, Gulaim A. Seisenbaeva and Vadim G. Kessler.
- Advice to the healer. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerPart I. Inspirational Perspectives from History -- -- Introduction -- Ancient times -- Chinese and medieval medicine -- The twentieth century -- Modern masters -- -- Part II. Practical Advice for the Modern-Day Healer -- -- Survival tips for the younger clinician -- Civility -- Lessons learned from private practice -- A doctor's journal -- Heal thyself -- The healer.
- Advice to the young physician 2009, Springer
- Aerosols handbook 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Aerosols handbook. 2nd ed. 2013, CRCnetBASE
- Aesthetic applications of intense pulsed light 2011, SpringerSkin anatomy -- Light tissue interactions -- Intense pulsed light safety: legal issues -- How to organize the IPL treatment room -- Patient selection -- Skin photorejuvenation -- Hair removal -- IPL treatment for vascular lesions -- Complications.
- Aesthetic surgery of the abdominal wall 2005, Springer
- Aesthetic surgery of the facial mosaic 2007, Springer
- Aesthetics and functionality in ear reconstruction 2010, KargerHistory of auricular reconstruction / Weerda, H. -- State-of-the-art autogenous ear reconstruction in cases of microtia / Firmin, F. -- Ear reconstruction with porous polyethylene implants / Berghaus, A. ... [et al.] -- Auricular prostheses / Federspil, P.A. -- Combined aesthetic and functional reconstruction of ear malformations / Kiefer, J., Staudenmaier, R. -- Combined reconstruction of congenital auricular atresia and severe microtia / Siegert, R. -- Ear reconstruction through tissue engineering / Haisch, A. -- Customized tissue engineering for ear reconstruction / Staudenmaier, R. ... [et al.].
- Aetiology of deep venous thrombosis 2008, Springer
- Affinity chromatography. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer ProtocolsAffinity chromatography : history, perspectives, limitations, and prospects / Ana Cecília A. Roque and Christopher R. Lowe -- Immobilized metal ion affinity chromatography of native proteins / Adam Charlton and Michael Zachariou -- Affinity precipitation of proteins using metal chelates / Ashok Kumar, Igor Yu. Galaev, and Bo Mattiasson -- Immunoaffinity chromatography / Stuart R. Gallant, Vish Koppaka, and Nick Zecherle -- Dye ligand chromatography / Stuart R. Gallant, Vish Koppaka, and Nick Zecherle -- Purification of proteins using displacement chromatography / Nihal Tugcu -- Rationally designed ligands for use in affinity chromatography : an artificial protein L / Ana Cecília A. Roque and Christopher R. Lowe -- Phage display of peptides in ligand selection for use in affinity chromatography / Joanne L. Casey, Andrew M. Coley, and Michael Foley -- Preparation, analysis, and use of an affinity adsorbent for the purification of GST fusion protein / Gareth M. Forde -- Immobilized metal ion affinity chromatography of histidine-tagged fusion proteins / Adam Charlton and Michael Zachariou -- Methods for the purification of HQ-tagged proteins / Becky Godat ... [et al.] -- Amylose affinity chromatography of maltose-binding protein : purification by both native and novel matrix-assisted dialysis refolding methods / Leonard K. Pattenden and Walter G. Thomas -- Methods for detection of protein-protein and protein-DNA interactions using HaloTag / Marjeta Urh ... [et al.] -- Site-specific cleavage of fusion proteins / Adam Charlton -- The use of TAGZyme for the efficient removal of N-terminal his-tags / José Arnau ... [et al.] -- Affinity processing of cell-containing feeds using monolithic macroporous hydrogels, cryogels / Igor Yu. Galaev and Bo Mattiasson -- Monolithic bioreactors for macromolecules / Mojca Benčina ... [et al.] -- Plasmid DNA purification via the use of a dual affinity protein / Gareth M. Forde -- Affinity chromatography of phosphorylated proteins / Grigoriy S. Tchaga -- Protein separation using immobilized phospholipid chromatography / Tzong-Hsien Lee and Marie-Isabel Aguilar -- Analysis of proteins in solution using affinity capillary electrophoresis / Niels H.H. Heegaard, Christian Schou, and Jesper Østergaard.
- Aflatoxin and food safety 2005, CRCnetBASE
- African Americans and HIV/AIDS 2010, Springer
- African biodiversity 2005, SpringerComplementarity of species distributions as a tool for prioritising conservation actions in Africa : testing the efficiency of using coarse-scale distribution data / J. Fjeldså, H. Tushabe -- Scorpion diversity and distribution in southern Africa : pattern and process / L. Prendini -- Madagascar as a model region for the study of tempo and pattern in adaptive radiations / M. Vences -- Commemorating Martin Eisentraut (1902-1994) - important explorer of tropical African vertebrates / W. Böhme -- Earwigs (Dermaptera:Insects) of Kenya : checklist and species new to Kenya / F. Haas ... [et al.] -- Morphometric differentiation in the East African grasshopper genus Afrophlaebo Jago, 1983 (Orthoptera:Acrididae) / A. Hochkirch -- Katydids and crickets (Orthoptera: Ensifera) of the Kakamega Forest Reserve, western Kenya / J. Holstein ... [et al.] -- Ecology and diversity of canopy associated Ceratocanthidae (Insecta:Coleoptera, Scarabaeoidea) in an Afrotropical rainforest / A. Ballerio, T. Wagner -- Human influence on the dung fauna in Afrotropical grasslands (Insecta:Coleoptera) / F.-T. Krell ... [et al.] -- Genuine Africans or Tertiary immigrants? : the genus Hydropsyche in the Afrotropical region (Insecta, Trichoptera:Hydropsychidae) / W. Mey -- Fruit-feeding butterfly communities of forest 'islands' in Ghana : survey completeness and correlates of spatial diversity / J.L. Bossart ... [et al.] -- Biogeography, diversity, and ecology of sawflies in the Afromontane region (Insecta: Symphyta) / F. Koch -- Diversity, distribution patterns, and endemism of southern African bees (Hymenoptera:Apoidea) / M. Kuhlmann -- Does grazing influence bee diversity? / C. Mayer -- The pholcid spiders of Africa (Araneae:Pholcidae) : state of knowledge and directions for future research / B.A. Huber -- West African fish diversity : distribution patterns and possible conclusions for conservation strategies / T. Moritz, K.E. Linsenmair -- Distribution and population density of the black-eared Malagasy poison frog, Mantella milotympanum Staniszewski, 1996 (Amphibia:Mantellidae) / D.R. Vieites ... [et al.] -- Amphibian and reptile diversity in the Southern Udzungwa Scarp Forest Reserve, south-eastern Tanzania / M. Menegon, S. Salvidio -- Interpreting morphological and molecular data on Indian Ocean giant tortoises / J. Gerlach -- Molecular systematics of African Colubroidea (Squamata:Serpentes) / Z.T. Nagy ... [et al.] --How to digitize large insect collections : preliminary results of the DIG project / K.-H. Lampe, D. Striebing -- Monitoring landcover changes of the Niger inland delta ecosystem (Mali) by means of ENVISAT-MERIS data / R. Seiler, E. Csaplovics, E. Vollmer -- Is geodiversity correlated to biodiversity? : a case study of the relationship between spatial heterogeneity of soil resources and tree diversity in a western Kenyan rainforest / W. Musila ... [et al.] -- Decline of woody species in the Sahel / A. Wezel -- Diversity over time and space in enset landraces (Ensete ventricosum) in Ethiopia / K. Zippel.Phylogeny and biogeography of Malagasy dwarf geckos, Lygodactylus Gray, 1864 : preliminary data from mitochondrial DNA sequences (Squamata:Gekkonidae) / M. Puente, M. Thomas, M. Vences -- Variability in a common species : the Lygodactylus capensis complex from southern and eastern Africa (Reptilia, Gekkonidae) / B. Röll -- Migration within and out of Africa : identifying knowledge gaps by data-mining the Global Register of Migratory Species / K. Riede -- Avifaunal responses to landscape-scale habitat fragmentation in the littoral forests of south-eastern Madagascar / J.E.M. Watson -- Use of satellite telemetry and remote sensing data to identify important habitats of migratory birds (Ciconia ciconia (Linnaeus 1758)) / B. Gerkmann, K. Riede -- Conservation priorities and geographical variation in flycatchers (Aves:Platysteiridae) in the Democratic Republic of Congo / M. Louette -- Rare weavers (Aves:Ploceidae) : are some Ploceus species hybrids? / A.J.F.K. Craig -- Historical determinants of mammal diversity in Africa : evolution of mammalian body mass distribution in Africa and South America during Neogene and Quaternary times / M. Nieto ... [et al.] -- Diversity and abundance of diurnal primates and forest antelopes in relation to habitat quality : a case study from the Udzungwa Mountains of Tanzania / F. Rovero, A.R. Marshall -- Small mammal diversity and reproduction along a transect in Namibia (BIOTA S 07) / P. Giere, U. Zeller -- Possible karyological affinities of small mammals from north of the Ethiopian Plateau / N. Sh. Bulatova, L.A. Lavrenchenko -- Geographic variation in the West African scaly-tailed squirrel Anomalurus pelii (Schlegel and Müller, 1845) and description of a new subspecies (Rodentia:Anomaluridae) / A.C. Schunke, R. Hutterer -- Middle ear ossicles as a diagnostic trait in African mole-rats (Rodentia:Bathyergidae) / S. Lange ... [et al.] -- Community analysis of Muridae (Mammalia, Rodentia) diversity in Guinea : a special emphasis on Mastomys species and Lassa fever distributions / C. Denys ... [et al.] -- Effects of different land use on the parasite burden and MHC constitution of two rodent species (Gerbillurus paeba, Rhabdomys pumilio) in the southern Kalahari desert / R. Harf, G. Froeschke, S. Sommer -- An assessment of the systematics of the genus Desmomys Thomas, 1910 (Rodentia:Muridae) using mitochondrial DNA sequences / L.A. Lavrenchenko, E. Verheyen -- Integrative taxonomy and phylogenetic systematics of the genets (Carnivora, Viverridae, Genetta) : a new classification of the most speciose carnivoran genus in Africa / P. Gaubert, P.J. Taylor, G. Veron --
- After the genome 2013, ebraryFaith in science : professional and public discourse on regenerative medicine / Tristan Keys, Nancy M. P. King, and Anthony Atala -- From Arrowsmith to Atwood : how did we come to disrespect science? / Ronald M. Green -- The "warfare" of science and religion and science's ethical profile / Thomas M. Lessl -- Is there a human nature? : an argument against modern excarnation / Jean Bethke Elshtain -- Crossing frontiers of science : trespassing into a godless space, or, Fulfilling our manifest destiny / Leah Ceccarelli -- The angels and devils of representing Prozac / Tod Chambers -- "Leave your medicine outside" : bioethics, spirituality, and the rhetoric of Appalachian serpent handlers / Bill J. Leonard -- Biovaluable stories and a narrative ethics of reconfigurable bodies / Arthur W. Frank -- Blacks and the language of their biotechnological future / Ezra E. H. Griffith -- Bioethics, economism, and the rhetoric of technological innovation / Howard Brody -- Technologies of the self at the end of life : pastoral power and the rhetoric of advance care planning / Lisa Kernen -- Suffering and the rhetoric of care / Judy Segal.
- Afterlife of images 2008, Click LINK above for location/circulation status."In 1739 China's emperor authorized the publication of a medical text that included images of children with smallpox to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of the disease. Those images made their way to Europe, where they were interpreted as indicative of the ill health and medical backwardness of the Chinese. In the mid-nineteenth century, the celebrated Cantonese painter Lam Qua collaborated with the American medical missionary Peter Parker in the creation of portraits of Chinese patients with disfiguring pathologies, rendered both before and after surgery. Europeans saw those portraits as evidence of Western medical prowess. Within China, the visual idiom that the paintings established influenced the development of medical photography. In The Afterlife of Images, Larissa N. Heinrich investigates the creation and circulation of Western medical discourses that linked ideas about disease to Chinese identity beginning in the eighteenth century." "Combining literary studies, the history of science, and visual culture studies, Heinrich analyzes the rhetoric and iconography through which medical missionaries transmitted to the West an image of China as "sick" or "diseased" She also examines the absorption of that image back into China through missionary activity, through the earliest translations of Western medical texts into Chinese, and even through the literature of Chinese nationalism. Heinrich argues that over time "scientific" Western representations of the Chinese body and culture accumulated a host of secondary meanings, taking on an afterlife with lasting consequences for conceptions of Chinese identity in China and beyond its borders."--Jacket.
- Age-related changes of the human eye 2008, SpringerAging as risk factor in eye disease -- Age-related changes of the eyelid -- Aging effects on the optics of the eye -- Aging of the cornea -- The aging of the human lens -- The extracellular matrix of the aged human trabecular meshwork: changes of glucosaminoglycans -- Glial and mobile cells in the iris of the aging human eye -- Age-related diseases of the vitreous -- Age-related changes and/or diseases in the human retina -- Aging of the retinal pigmented epithelium -- The aging of the choroid -- Age-related macular degeneration I: types and future directions -- Age-related macular degeneration II: idiopathic macular holes -- Age-related macular degeneration III: epiretinal membranes -- Macular degeneration: ultrastructural age-related changes -- Non-exudative macular degeneration and management -- Treatment of intraocular pressure in elderly patients -- Aging of the lachrymal [lacrimal] gland -- The world according to blink: blinking and aging -- Age-related changes in the oculomotor system -- Rehabilitation of low vision in aged people -- Many suggestions to protect the eyes in aging people.
- Age-related macular degeneration diagnosis and treatment 2011, Springer
- Age-related macular degeneration. 2nd ed. 2013, Springerpt. 1.Pathophysiology.Epidemiology of AMD /L. Ho, R. van Leeuwen, P. T. V. M. de Jong, J. R. Vingerling and C. C. W. Klaver --Genetics /L. G. Fritsche, U. Friedrich and B. H. F. Wxeber --Ageing of the Retina and Retinal Pigment Epithelium /M. E. Boulton --The Complement System in AMD /P. Charbel Issa, N. V. Chong and H. P. N. Scholl --Histopathology /A. Lommatzsch, S. Wasmuth, D. Pauleikhoff, F. G. Holz and A. C. Bird --pt. 2.Clinical Manifestations.Early AMD /M. Dietzel, D. Pauleikhoff, F. G. Holz and A. C. Bird --Clinical Manifestations of Choroidal Neovascularization in AMD /R. F. Spaide --Geographic Atrophy /M. Fleckenstein, S. Schmitz-Valckenberg, J. S. Sunness and F. G. Holz --pt. 3.Diagnostics.Fundus Imaging of AMD /R. F. Spaide --Optical Coherence Tomography /S. Wolf --Microperimetry /E. Midena and E. Pilotto --pt. 4.Prophylaxis and Therapy.Nutritional Supplementation in AMD /A. D. Meleth, V. R. Raiji, N. Krishnadev and E. Y. Chew --Laser Photocoagulation and Photodynamic Therapy /G. Soubrane --Anti-VEGF Therapy: Basics and Substances /S. Grisanti, J. Lüke and S. Peters --Anti-VEGF Therapy for AMD: Results and Guidelines /P. Mitchell and S. Foran --Combination Therapies for the Treatment of AMD /M. Barakat, N. Steinle and P. K. Kaiser --Treatment Approaches for Dry AMD /Z. Yehoshua and P. J. Rosenfeld --Surgical Therapy /B. Kirchhof --pt. 5.Rehabilitation.Reading with AMD /S. Trauzettel-Klosinski --Low Vision Aids in AMD /K. Rohrschneider.
- Histopathology of age-related macular degeneration / Shin J. Kang and Hans E. Grossniklaus -- Immunology of age-related macular degeneration / Karl G. Csaky and Scott W. Cousins -- Genetics of age-related macular degeneration / Jennifer R. Chao, Amani A. Fawzi, and Jennifer I. Lim -- Risk factors for age-related macular degeneration and choroidal neovascularization / Kah-Guan Au Eong ... [et al.] -- Choroidal neovascularization / Frances E. Kane and Peter A. Campochiaro -- Non-exudative age-related macular degeneration / Neelakshi Bhagat and Christina J. Flaxel -- Geographic atrophy / Sharon D. Solomon and Janet S. Sunness -- Exudative (neovascular) age-related macular degeneration / Jennifer I. Lim and Jerry W. Tsong -- Indocyanine green angiography in age-related macular degeneration / Scott C.N. Oliver ... [et al.] -- Optical coherence tomography in the evaluation and management of age-related macular degeneration / David Eichenbaum and Elias Reichel -- Quantitative retinal imaging / Daniel D. Esmaili ... [et al.] -- Fundus autofluorescence in age-related macular degeneration / Rishi P. Singh, Jeffrey Y. Chung, and Peter K. Kaiser --Laser photocoagulation for choroidal neovascularization / Catherine Cukras and Stuart L. Fine -- Photocoagulation of AMD-associated CNV feeder vessels: an optimized approach / Robert W. Flower -- Photodynamic therapy / ATul Jain, Darius M. Mosfeghi, and Mark S. Blumenkranz -- Radiation treatment in age-related macular degeneration / Christina J. Flaxel and Paul T. Finger -- Anti-VEGF drugs and clinical trials / Todd R. Klesert, Jennifer I. Lim, and Phillip J. Rosenfeld -- Laser prophylaxis for age-related macular degeneration / Jason Hsu and Allen C. Ho -- Macular translocation / Kah-Guan Au Eong ... [et al.] -- Age-related macular degeneration : use of adjuncts in surgery and novel surgical approaches / Richard Scartozzi and Lawrence P. Chong -- Clinical consideration for visual rehabilitation / Susan A. Primo -- Retinal prostheses : a possible treatment for end-stage age-related macular degeneration / Thomas M. O'Hearn ... [et al.] -- Retinal pigment epithelial cell transplantation and macular reconstruction for age-related macular degeneration / Lucian V. Del Priore, Henry J. Kaplan, and Tongalp H. Tezel -- Clinical research trials / A. Frances Walonker and Kenneth R. Diddie.
- Ageing well 2007, CRCnetBASENutritional concerns in old age / Lisette C.P.G.M. de Groot and Wija A. van Staveren -- Regular exercise, the best investment for our old age / Marion E.T. McMurdo -- Major eye diseases of later life: cataract and age related macular degeneration / Astrid E. Fletcher -- Reminiscence in everyday talk between older people and their carers: implications for the quality of life of older people in care homes / Fiona Wilson ... [et al.] -- Retention of cognitive function in old age: why initial intelligence is important / Lawrence J. Whalley -- Health inequalities in old age in Britain / Elizabeth Breeze -- Demographic change, family support, and ageing well: developed country perspectives / Emily M.D. Grundy -- Energy efficiency and health of older people / Paul Wilkinson -- Ageing, health, and welfare: an economic perspective / Charles Normand -- Methodological issues in assessing the cost-effectiveness of interventions to improve the health of older people / Damian Walker and Cristian Aedo -- Minimum income for healthy living: older people England 2005-2006 / Jerry Morris ... [et al.] -- Responding to increasing human longevity: policy, practice, and research / David Metz.
- Agent technology and e-health 2008, Springer
- Aging 2007, SpringerLongevity -- Body architecture -- Maintenance of the body -- Multiple causes -- The ancient origins of ageing -- Mice and men -- How many genes? -- The evolution of human longevity -- Myths of life extension -- Doctors' dilemma -- The modulation of longevity -- Ageing and the angels -- Longevity, population pressure and warfare -- Dialogue between life and death -- The road discovery -- Resolution of the paradox.
- Aging and age-related disorders 2010, SpringerPart 1. General Aspects of Aging -- Protein Redox-Regulation Mechanisms in Aging / Ufuk Çakatay -- Nitrosative Stress in Aging - Its Importance and Biological Implications in NF-κB Signaling / Predrag Ljubuncic, Einat Gochman and Abraham Z. Reznick -- Intervention with Multiple Micronutrients Including Dietary and Endogenous Antioxidants for Healthy Aging / Kedar N. Prasad -- Advanced Glycation End Products, RAGE, and Aging / Ravichandran Ramasamy, Loredana G. Bucciarelli, Shi Fang Yan and Ann Marie Schmidt -- Sirtuins and Mammalian Aging / Edward H. Sharman -- Estrogenic Modulation of Longevity by Induction of Antioxidant Enzymes / Jose Viña, Consuelo Borrás, Mari Carmen Gómez-Cabrera, Juan Gambini and Raul López-Grueso, et al. -- Mitochondrial Respiratory Function Decline in Aging and Life-Span Extension by Caloric Restriction / Shi-Bei Wu, Yu-Ting Wu, Chih-Hao Wang, Wan-Yu Lee and Yau-Huei Wei -- Methylglyoxal, Oxidative Stress, and Aging / Miklós Péter Kalapos, Kaushik M. Desai and Lingyun Wu -- Part 2. The Cardiovascular System -- Novel Strategies for Neurovascular Longevity During Aging / Kenneth Maiese, Zhao Zhong Chong, Jinling Hou and Yan Chen Shang -- Oxidative Stress in Vascular Disease / Isabelle Gorenne and Martin R. Bennett -- The Role of Mitochondrial Reactive Oxygen Species Formation for Age-Induced Vascular Dysfunction / Andreas Daiber, Joachim Kienhoefer, Rebecca Zee, Philip Wenzel and Volker Ullrich, et al. -- Aging, Oxidative Stress, and Cardiovascular Disorders / Yi Shi, Giovanni G. Camici and Thomas F. Lüscher --Oxidative Stress, Aging, and Cardiovascular Disease / G. Riccioni, V. Sblendorio and N. D'Orazio -- Antioxidation in Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases - An Effect of Polyphenols / Jun-ichi Suzuki, Mitsuaki Isobe, Ryuichi Morishita and Ryozo Nagai -- Vascular Aging and Oxidative Stress: Hormesis and Adaptive Cellular Pathways / Nathalie Thorin-Trescases and Eric Thorin -- Role of Oxidative Stress in Mediating Elevated Blood Pressure with Aging / Julio Sartori Valinotti, Licy Yanes and Jane F. Reckelhoff -- Part 3. The Nervous System -- Melatonin, Oxidative Stress, and the Aging Brain / Stephen Bondy and Edward H. Sharman -- The SAM Strain of Mice, a Higher Oxidative Stress, Age-Dependent Degenerative Disease, and Senescence Acceleration Model / Yoichi Chiba, Atsuyoshi Shimada and Masanori Hosokawa -- Antioxidants Combined with Behavioral Enrichment Can Slow Brain Aging / Elizabeth Head -- Role of Nitric Oxide in Neurodegeneration and Vulnerability of Neuronal Cells to Nitric Oxide Metabolites and Reactive Oxygen Species / Debomoy K. Lahiri, Chandramallika Ghosh, Jack T. Rogers, Stephen Bondy and Nigel H. Greig -- Free Radical-Mediated Damage to Brain in Alzheimer's Disease: Role of Acrolein and Preclinical Promise of Antioxidant Polyphenols / Charles Ramassamy, Madeleine Arseneault and Dang Thanh Nam -- An Epigenetic Model for Susceptibility to Oxidative DNA Damage in the Aging Brain and Alzheimer's Disease / Nasser H. Zawia and Fernando Cardozo-Pelaez.
- Aging and chronic disorders 2007, Springer
- Aging and lung disease 2012, Springer
- Aging and the gastrointestinal tract 2003, Karger
- Aging and the heart 2008, SpringerPost-genomic view of aging: definition, theories and observations -- Overview of cardiovascular aging -- Molecular and cellular methodologies: a primer -- Molecular and cellular phenotypes of cardiovascular aging -- Aging of the vasculature and related systems -- Aging and the cardiovascular-related systems -- Cardiomyopathy and heart failure in aging -- Atherosclerosis, hypertension and aging -- Metabolic syndrome, diabetes and cardiometabolic risks in aging -- Gender and cardiovascular diseases in aging -- Cardiac dysrhythmias and channelopathies in aging -- Genetics of life span: lessons from model organisms -- Profiling the aging cardiovascular system: transcriptional, proteomic, SNPs, gene mapping and epigenetics analysis -- Translational research: gene, pharmacogenomics and cell-based therapy in the aging heart -- Nutrition and exercise in cardiovascular aging: metabolic and pharmacological interventions -- Aging and the frontier ahead.
- Aging Asia 2010Preface / Michael Armacost -- Introduction / Karen Eggleston and Shripad Tuljapurkar -- Population aging and economic growth / David E. Bloom -- How demography shapes individual, social, and economic transitions in Asia / Shripad Tuljapurkar -- Changing intergenerational transfers in aging Japan / Naohiro Ogawa, Amonthep Chawla and Rikiya Matsukura -- Gender, migration, and the well-being of the elderly in rural China / Shuzhuo Li ... [et al.] -- Marriage and the elderly in China / Maria Porter -- Financing health care in a rapidly aging Japan / Naoki Ikegami -- Population aging and the introduction of long-term care insurance in South Korea / Soonman Kwon -- Old-age pension reform in South Korea / Byongho Tchoe -- The diabetes epidemic in the Asia-Pacific / Karen Eggleston ... [et al.] -- Families dealing with dementia : insights from mainland China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan / Dolores Gallagher-Thompson ... [et al.] -- Elderly care in Singapore : the state as last resort / Meng-kin Lim.
- Aging auditory system 2010, Springer
- Aging hair 2010, SpringerGerontobiology of the Hair Follicle / Desmond J. Tobin -- Molecular Basis of Androgenetic Alopecia / Valerie Anne Randall -- Inflammatory Phenomena and Fibrosis in Androgenetic Alopecia / Ralph M. Trüeb -- Post-Menopausal Frontal Fibrosing Alopecia / Steven Kossard -- Female Pattern Hair Loss / M. Javed Mohungoo and Andrew G. Messenger -- Hair Growth Parameters in Pre- and Postmenopausal Women / Paradi Mirmirani, Fangyi Luo, Scott R. Youngquist, Brian K. Fisher and James Li, et al. -- Comparative Histopathology of Androgenetic Alopecia, Diffuse Alopecia, and Senescent Alopecia / David A. Whiting -- Comparative Gene Expression Profiling of Senescent and Androgenetic Alopecia Using Microarray Analysis / Paradi Mirmirani and Pratima Karnik -- The Aging Hair Pigmentary Unit / Desmond J. Tobin -- Oxidative Stress Associated Melanocyte-Loss and Hair Growth Capacity in the Aging Hair Follicle: A Model for Tissue-Specific Aging / Eva M. J. Peters -- Human Hair Follicle Melanocytes as a Proxy Cell Type in Neurodegeneration Research / Nikolaos Papageorgiou, Elisabeth Carpenter and Desmond J. Tobin -- Effect of UV Radiation on Scalp and Hair Growth / Claudine Piérard-Franchimont, Pascale Quatresooz and Gérald E. Piérard -- Hair Photoaging / Won-Soo Lee -- Effect of Tobacco Smoking on Hair / Ralph M. Trüeb -- Age-Related General Problems Affecting the Condition of Hair / Ralph M. Trüeb -- Aging of Scalp and Age-Related Disorders of Scalp / Desmond Gan and Rodney Sinclair -- Care of Aging Hair and Photoprotection / Zoe Diana Draelos -- Possibilities and Limitations for Reversal of Age-Related Hair Loss / Nina Otberg, Isabel Restrepo and Jerry Shapiro -- Possibilities and Limitations for Reversal of Age-Related Pigment Loss / Ralph M. Trüeb -- Evidence-Based Hair Transplantation / Andreas M. Finner -- Future Directions: Gene Polymorphism Diagnostics Relevant to Hair / Justine A. Ellis -- Future Directions : The Known and Unknown Roles of Hair-Follicle Stem Cell Types / Robert M. Hoffman -- Future Directions: Bioengineering the Hair Follicle / Kurt S. Stenn, Ying Zheng and Jen-Chih Hsieh -- Hair After Death / Andrew S. Wilson and Desmond J. Tobin.
- Aging kidney in health and disease 2008, Springer
- Aging men's health 2005Depression, erectile dysfunction, and coronary heart disease: an interlinked syndrome in men / Robert S. Tan -- Premature or rapid ejaculation: a neurobiological approach to management / Robert S. Tan and Michael Mistric -- Prostate cancer: controversies and developments in screening and treatments / Robert Yong and Robert S. Tan -- Growth hormone replacement in aging men / Seng-Hin Teoh and Robert S. Tan -- Bioidentical hormone replacement with testosterone in men / Christopher B. Cutter and Robert S. Tan -- Nutraceuticals as preventive medicine in aging men's health / Bruce Biundo and Robert S. Tan.Preventive gerontology in men's health: optimal aging concepts for midlife and beyond / Robert S. Tan and Akira Nishikawa -- Delaying aging for men: longevity lessons from women / Robert S. Tan and Meenu Jacob -- Diagnostic concerns and evaluation of the andropause in aging males / Robert S. Tan -- Laboratory assessments: implications in diagnostics for the andropause / Christina Ho and Robert S. Tan -- Androgens and sexuality in aging men / Kew-Kim Chew and Robert S. Tan -- Depression in aging men: are there unique gender-based therapies? / Claudia A. Orengo, Ginny Fullerton, and Robert S. Tan -- Alzheimer's disease in older men: are there gender-specific etiological issues and treatments? / Robert S. Tan and Ralph N. Martins --The effects of aging, hypogonadism, and nutrition on endurance and strength / Thomas C. Namey -- Osteoporosis in aging men / Michelle Iannuzzi-Sucich and Pamela Taxel -- Effect of androgens on muscle, bone, and hair in men / Melinda Sheffield-Moore ... [et al.] -- Obesity in aging men and the androgen relationship / Robert S. Tan and Shou-Jin Pu -- Arthritis in aging men / Carlos A. Plata and Robert S. Tan -- Cardiovascular heart disease in older men and the role of androgens / Grant C. Fowler, Emma Cid, and Robert S. Tan -- An overview of erectile dysfunction in aging men / Peter Huat-Chye Lim, Perianan Moorthy, and Robert S. Tan --
- Aging research in yeast 2012, SpringerIntroduction -- Oxidative stresses and ageing -- The role of mitochondria in the aging processes of yeast -- The retrograde response and other pathways of interorganelle communication in yeast replicative aging -- Chronological aging in Saccharomyces cerevisiae -- Aging and the survival of quiescent and non-quiescent cells in yeast stationary-phase cultures -- Maximising the yeast chronological lifespan -- Amino acid homeostasis and chronological longevity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae -- DNA damage and DNA replication stress in yeast models of aging -- Yeast aging and apoptosis -- Cellular homeostasis in fungi: impact on the aging process -- Genome-wide analysis of yeast aging -- Genetic approaches to aging in budding and fission yeasts: new connections and new opportunities -- Evoluation of asymmetric damage segregaton: a modelling approach -- Cellular ageing and the actin cyoskeleton.
- Aging spine 2005, Springer
- Agricultural medicine 2006, Springer
- Agrobacterium protocols. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2006., Springer Protocolsv. 2, 2006 Springer Protocols
- AHA clinical cardiac consult. 2nd ed. 2007, Ovid
- AHRQ Inpatient quality indicators IQI Download
- AHRQ Patient safety indicators PSI Download
- AHRQ Pediatric quality indicators PDI Download
- AHRQ Prevention quality indicators PQI Download
- AIDS and other manifestations of HIV infection. 4th ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- AIDS at 30. 1st ed. 2012Society was not prepared in 1981 for the appearance of a new infectious disease, but we have since learned that emerging and reemerging diseases will continue to challenge humanity. This work is the first history of HIV/AIDS written for a general audience that emphasizes the medical response to the epidemic. The author, a medical historian approaches the AIDS virus from philosophical and intellectual perspectives in the history of medical science, discussing the process of scientific discovery, scientific evidence, and how laboratories found the cause of AIDS and developed therapeutic interventions. Furthermore, her book places AIDS as the first infectious disease to be recognized simultaneously worldwide as a single phenomenon. After years of believing that vaccines and antibiotics would keep deadly epidemics away, researchers, doctors, patients, and the public were forced to abandon the arrogant assumption that they had conquered infectious diseases. By presenting a discussion of the history of HIV/AIDS and analyzing how aspects of society advanced or hindered the response to the disease, the book illustrates how medicine identifies and evaluates new infectious diseases quickly and what political and cultural factors limit the medical community's response.
- AIDS conspiracy 2012, ebraryThe conspiratorial move against HIV science and its consequences -- AIDS origin conspiracy theories in the United States and South Africa -- Who believes AIDS conspiracy theories and why leadership matters -- Science, politics, and credibility : David Gilbert fights AIDS conspiracy beliefs in US prisons -- Science, conspiracy theory, and the South African AIDS policy tragedy -- Hero scientists, cultropreneurs, living icons, and praise-singers : AIDS denialism as community -- Defending the imprimatur of science : Duesberg and the medical hypotheses saga -- The conspiratorial move and the struggle for evidence-based medicine.
- AIDS pandemic 2005, ScienceDirectVirology / Phyllis J. Kanki and Myron E. Essex -- Immunology in the era of HIV/AIDS / Deborah J. Anderson -- Quantitative science / James D. Neaton -- The public health responses to HIV/AIDS: what have we learned? / Mitchell H. Katz -- AIDS and sexually transmitted disease prevention and control / Jeffrey D. Klausner -- HIV treatment meets prevention: antiretroviral therapy as prophylaxis / Myron S. Cohen and Mina C. Hosseinipour -- Challenges in developing HIV vaccines / Laurence Peiperl and Susan Buchbinder -- Microbicides / Polly F. Harrison and Trisha L. Lamphear -- AIDS behavioral prevention: unprecedented progress and emerging challenges / Willo Pequegnat -- The evolution of comprehensive AIDS clinical care / Kennth H. Mayer and Sreekanth K. Chaguturu -- The ever-changing face of AIDS: implications for patient care / Jennifer Furin, David Walton and Paul Farmer -- Economics / Samuel A. Bozzette -- Expanding global access to ARVs: the challenges of prices and patents / Michael R. Reich and Priya Bery -- The African experience / Salim S. Abdool Karim -- Asia: health meets human rights / Chris Beyrer, N. Kumarasamy and H.F. Pizer -- How HIV/AIDS changed gay life in America: and what others can learn from our experience / John-Manuel Andriote -- Drug use / Patricia Case and Steffanie A. Strathdee -- Management of HIV/AIDS in correctional settings / Frederick L. Altice and Sandra A. Springer -- Medical ethics and the law / Zita Lazzarini and Jonathan E. Von Kohorn.
- AIDS-associated viral oncogenesis 2007, Springer
- AIDS. 4th ed. 2004
- Air pollution 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Air spora 2006, Springer
- Airway chemoreceptors in the vertebrates 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Airway membrane transport and intracellular trafficking Lane Catalog record
- AJCC cancer staging atlas. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- AJCC cancer staging handbook. 7th ed. 2010, STAT!RefGeneral information on cancer staging and end-results reporting -- Head and neck -- Digestive system -- Thorax -- Musculoskeletal sites -- Skin -- Breast -- Gynecologic sites -- Genitourinary sites -- Ophthalmic sites -- Central nervous system -- Lymphoid neoplasms -- Personnel and contributors.
- Genetics -- Immunology -- Microbiology -- Pharmacology and toxicology -- Principles of epidemiology -- Cornea and conjunctiva -- Refractive surgery -- Uveitis -- Lens -- Retina and vitreous -- Glaucoma -- Oculoplastics -- Ophthalmic pathology -- Neuro-ophthalmology -- Pediatric ophthalmology -- The eye and systemic disease -- Ocular oncology -- Trauma -- Optics -- Low vision -- Ethics and professionalism.
- Alcohol 2008, Springer ProtocolsAcute models of ethanol exposure to mice / Timothy P. Plackett and Elizabeth J. Kovacs -- A voluntary oral-feeding rat model for pathological alcoholic liver injury / George L. Tipoe ... [et al.] -- Intragastric ethanol infusion model in rodents / Hide Tsukamoto, Hasmik Mkrtchyan, and Alla Dynnyk -- A practical method of chronic ethanol administration in mice / Ruth A. Coleman ... [et al.] -- Analysis of ethanol developmental toxicity in zebrafish / Robert L. Tanguay and Mark J. Reimers -- The avian embryo in fetal alcohol research / Susan M. Smith -- Artificial rearing / Hector D. Dominguez and Jennifer D. Thomas -- Intragastric intubation of alcohol during the perinatal period / Sandra J. Kelly and Charles R. Lawrence --Human monocytes, macrophages, and dendritic cells : alcohol treatment methods / Gyongyi Szabo and Pranoti Mandrekar -- Generation and use of primary rat cultures for studies of the effects of ethanol / Amanda Lindke, Barbara Tremper-Wells, and Michael W. Miller -- Development and properties of HepG2 cells that constitutively express CYP2E1 / Defeng Wu and Arthur I. Cederbaum -- Modeling the impact of alcohol on cortical development in a dish : strategies from mapping neural stem cell fate / Rajesh C. Miranda ... [et al.] -- Acetaldehyde-induced barrier disruption and paracellular permeability in Caco-2 cell monolayer / R.K. Rao -- Alcohol-induced oxidative stress in the liver : in vivo measurements / Gavin E. Arteel -- Isolation of Kupffer cells from rats fed chronic ethanol / Megan R. McMullen, Michele T. Pritchard, and Laura E. Nagy -- Dendritic cells in chronic in vivo ethanol exposure models / Kevin L. Legge and Annette J. Schlueter -- Formation and immunological properties of aldehyde-derived protein adducts following alcohol consumption / Geoffrey M. Thiele, Lynell W. Klassen, and Dean J. Tuma -- Assessment of natural killer (NK) and NKT cells in murine spleens and livers / Michael R. Shey and Zuhair K. Ballas --Polyclonal and antigen-specific responses of T cells and T cell subsets / Betty M. Young ... [et al.] -- B-cell studies in chronic ethanol mice / Shilpi Verma ... [et al.] -- Histological analysis of bone / Urszula T. Iwaniec, Thomas J. Wronski, and Russell T. Turner -- Assessing effects of alcohol consumption on protein synthesis in striated muscles / Thomas C. Vary and Charles H. Lang -- Methods to investigate the effects of chronic ethanol on adipocytes / Becky M. Sebastian ... [et al.] -- Proteomic approaches to identify and characterize alterations to the mitochondrial proteome in alcoholic liver disease / Shannon M. Bailey ... [et al.] -- Alcoholic liver disease and the mitochondrial ribosome : methods of analysis / Alan Cahill and Peter Sykora -- Microarray analysis of ethanol-induced changes in gene expression / Robnet T. Kerns and Michael F. Miles.
- Alcohol and cancer 2011, Springer
- Alcohol and injuries 2009
- AOD thesaurus NIAAA
- Alcohol and tobacco 2011, Springer
- Alcohol problems in adolescents and young adults 2005, Springer
- Alcohol, drugs and young people Lane Catalog recordPolicy : the principles of service organization and practice / Paul McArdle and Eilish Gilvarry -- Determinants of substance misuse / Paul McArdle -- Drug use in young people : short-term effects and long-term harms / Dan Lubman, Yvonne Bonomo and Murat Yücel -- Young people, substances and harm / Mandy Abbott, Fariah Khan and Eilish Gilvarry -- Trends in substance use and abuse in young people / Cecilia A. Essau and Peter Wennberg -- Substance use and psychiatric comorbidity in children and adolescents / Michael Farrell -- The effectiveness of universal youth substance abuse prevention programmes / David R. Foxcroft, Debby Allen and Lindsey Coombes -- Prevention of substance abuse : targeted approaches / Paul McArdle -- Treatment : course and outcome / Eilish Gilvarry and Giles Hayden -- Legal and ethical issues in the treatment of children and young people / Sarah Woolrich -- Principles of assessment for adolescents with substance use disorders / Oscar G. Bukstein and Theresa Lutka-Fedor -- Assessment instruments and outcome measurement / Oscar G. Bukstein and Theresa Lutka-Fedor -- Biological markers (drugs) / Kim Wolff -- Assessement and management in the emergency department and the paediatric unit / Joan Robson -- Brief alcohol interventions in young people : evidence and applicability / Malathi Natarajan and Eileen Kaner -- Psychological interventions for young people with substance misuse disorders / Gillian Tober -- Empirical and clinical foundations of family-based interventions for adolescent substance abuse / Howard A. Liddle, Cynthia L. Rowe and Gayle A. Dakof -- Pharmacological treatment of adolescent substance use disorder / E. Jane Marshall and K.A.H. Mirza -- The role of primary care in management of substance use/abuse / Clare Gerada -- Integrated treatment of substance use disorders and co-occurring psychiatric disorders in adolescents / Robert D. Davies and Paula D. Riggs.
- Why study gender, alcohol and culture? /Richard W. Wilsnack, Sharon C. Wilsnack & Isidore S. Obot --Social consequences of alcohol consumption in Argentina /Myriam I. Munné --Differences in drinking patterns between men and women in Brazil /Florence Kerr-Corrêa ... [et al.] --Alcohol, gender and partner aggression: a study in the greater metropolitan area of Costa Rica /Julio Bejarano-Orozco --Women and alcohol in India /Vivek Benegal ... [et al.] --Alcohol consumption in Mexican women: implications in a syncretic culture /Martha Romero Mendoza ... [et al.] --Thecontexts of alcohol consumption by men and women in Nigeria /Akanidomo J. Ibanga ... [et al.] --Gender and alcohol in Sri Lanka /Siri Hettige & Dharmadasa Paranagama --Gender and the major consequences of alcohol consumption in Uganda /Nazarius Mbona Tumwesigye & Rogers Kasirye --Problems from women's and men's drinking in eight developing countries /Robin Room & Klara Hradilova Selin.
- Alcohol, nutrition, and health consequences 2013, Springer
- Algae and cyanobacteria in extreme environments 2007, Springer
- Alginates 2009, Springer
- Algorithms in a nutshell. 1st ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Algorithms in data mining using matrix and tensor methods SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Alicyclobacillus 2007, Springer
- Alkaliphiles 2006, Springer
- Allelochemicals 2006, Springer
- Allelopathy 2006, SpringerGeneral -- Methodological aspects -- Physiological aspects of allelopathy -- Ecophysiology and allelopathy -- Ecological aspects of allelopathy -- Allelopathy in different environments -- Applied aspects of allelopathy.
- Allelopathy 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Allergic diseases and the environment 2004, Karger
- Allergic diseases. 3rd ed. 2007, SpringerAllergic disease: pathophysiology and immunopathology -- Approach to the allergic patient -- Diagnostic tests in allergy -- Environmental allergens -- Anaphylaxis -- Insect sting allergy -- The child with asthma -- Asthma in adults: diagnosis and management -- Allergic rhinitis: diagnosis and treatment -- Sinusitis and otitis media -- Diagnosis and treatment of ocular allergy -- Urticaria and angioedema -- Atopic dermatitis -- Contact dermatitis and other contact reactions -- Food allergy and intolerance -- Allergic and allergic-like reactions to drugs and other therapeutic agents -- Antihistamines -- β-adrenergic agonists -- Theophylline -- Antileukotriene agents in the management of asthma -- Cromolyn and nedocromil: nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory therapy for asthma and other allergic diseases -- Anticholinergic agents in respiratory diseases -- Glucocorticoid therapy in asthma -- Anti-IgE therapy -- Environmental control of respiratory indoor allergens -- Allergen immunotherapy -- Controversies in allergy and allergy-like diseases -- The patient with 'too many infections'.
- Allergy and allergic diseases. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2008.
- Allergy and asthma in modern society 2006, Karger
- Allergy and the nervous system 2012, KargerRelations between asthma and psychological distress: an old idea revisited -- Brain and asthma: what are the linkages? -- Stress-related programming of autonomic imbalance: role in allergy and asthma -- Role of parasympathetic nerves and muscarinic receptors in allergy and asthma -- Developmental programming of allergic diseases -- Mind-body interrelationship in DNA methylation -- Neurotrophins in chronic allergic airway inflammation and remodeling -- Pathways underlying afferent signaling of bronchopulmonary immune activation to the central nervous system -- Allergen-induced neuromodulation in the respiratory tract -- Role of microbiome in regulating the HPA axisd and its relevance to allergy -- Autonomic regulation of anti-inflammatory activities from salivary glands -- Mast cell-nerve functional unit: a key component of physiologic and pathophysiologic responses -- Neural and behavioral correlates of food allergy -- Neuroendocrine-immune connection regulates chronic inflammatory disease in allergy -- Itch and the brain.
- Allergy frontiers v. 1-6, 2009-2010., Springerv. 2, 2009 Springerv. 3, 2009 Springerv. 4, 2009 Springerv. 5, 2010 Springerv. 6, 2010 Springerv. 1. Epigenetics, allergens and risk factors -- v. 2. Classification and pathomechanisms -- v. 3. Clinical manifestations -- v. 4. Diagnosis and health economics -- v. 5. Therapy and prevention -- v. 6. Future perspectives.
- Allergy in practice 2005, Springer
- Allergy methods and protocols 2008, Springer ProtocolsUnderstanding of the molecular mechanisms of allergy /Meinir Jones --T cell : primary culture from peripheral blood /Monika Raulf-Heimsoth --Production of T-cell lines /Helga Kahlert --Production of human T-cell clones /Adrienne Verhoef --Mapping of human T-cell epitopes of allergens /Thomas ZeilerandTuomas Virtanen --Determining MHC restriction of T-cell responses /Mark Larché -- Short-term culture of CD8 cells and intracellular cytokine staining /Beejal VyasandAlistair Noble --Isolation, flow cytometric analysis, and suppression assay of CD4+ CD25+ T-regulatory cells /Hayley Jeal --Monocyte-derived dendritic cells as antigen-presenting cells in T-cell proliferation and cytokine production /Sun-sang J. Sung --Ultrasensitive ELISA for measurement of human cytokine responses in primary culture /William P. Stefura... [et al.] --Quantification of human chemokine production in TLR-stimulated and antigen-specific recall responses /Monique Stinson... [et al.] --Standardization of allergen extracts /Jørgen Nedergaard LarsenandSten Dreborg --Immunoelectrophoresis for the characterization of allergen extracts /Gitte Nordskov HansenandJørgen Nedergaard Larsen --Conjugation of haptens /Ranulfo LemusandMeryl H. Karol --Monoclonal antibodies /Helga KahlertandOliver Cromwell --Purification of antibodies /Per H. Larsson --Collection of air samples to quantify exposure to airborne allergens /Susan Gordon --Assay of air sample eluates /Anne RenströmandSusan Gordon --The halogen assay : a new technique for measuring airborne allergen /Euan Tovey... [et al.] --Measurement of specific IgG anti-Fel d 1 antibodies /Meinir G. Jones --The facilitated antigen binding (FAB) assay : a protocol to measure allergen-specific inhibitory antibody activity /James N. Francis --Microscopic identification and purity determination of pollen grains /Magdalena Rahl --Biopanning for the characterization of allergen mimotopes /Isabella Pali-SchöllandErika Jensen-Jarolim --Identification of mast cells and mast cell subpopulations /Mark BuckleyandAndrew F. Walls --Purification and characterization of mast cell tryptase and chymase from human tissues /Alan R. McEuenandAndrew F. Walls --Experimental activation of mast cells and their pharmacological modulation /Shaoheng HeandAndrew F. Walls --In situ hybridization /Kayhan T. Nouri-Aria.
- Allergy. 4th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectThe new edition of Allergy, by Drs. Stephen Holgate, Martin Church, David Broide, and Fernando Martinez, uses an enhanced clinical focus to provide the clear, accessible guidance you need to treat allergy patients. A more consistent format throughout features new differential diagnosis and treatment algorithms, updated therapeutic drug information in each chapter, and additional coverage of pediatric allergies. With current discussions of asthma, allergens, pollutants, drug treatment, and more, as well as access to the full text and illustrations online at www.expertconsult.com, this comprehensive resource is ideal for any non-specialist who treats patients with allergies. Prescribe appropriate therapies and effectively manage patients' allergies using detailed treatment protocols. Identify allergic conditions quickly and easily with algorithms that provide at-a-glance assistance. Explore topics in greater detail using extensive references to key literature.
- Allogeneic stem cell transplantation. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Allosteric receptor modulation in drug targeting 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Allosteric regulatory enzymes 2008, SpringerSection 1. Overview of enzymes. Introduction to enzymes ; The limits for life define the limits for enzymes ; Enzyme kinetics ; Properties and evolution of allosteric enzymes ; Kinetics of allosteric enzymes -- Section 2. K-type enzymes. Hemoglobin ; Glycogen phosphorylase ; Phosphofructokinase ; Ribonucleotide reductase ; Hexokinase -- Section 3. V-type enzymes. Introduction to V-type enzymes ; G proteins ; Protein kinases.
- Aloes 2004, CRCnetBASEAloe vera in thermal and frostbite injuries / Michael K. Obeng J., Gary D. Motykie, Robert L. McCauley and P. Heggers -- Plant saccharides and the prevention of sun-induced skin cancer / Faith M. Strickland and Ronald P. Pelley -- Aloes and the immune system / Ian R. Tizard and Lalitha Ramamoorthy -- Bioactivity of A. arborescens preparations / Akira Yagi -- Aloe biology: the chromosomes of aloe : variation on a theme / Peter Brandham -- Aloe leaf anatomy / David F. Cutler -- Pests of aloes / Monique S.J. Simmonds.The Plants : aloes in habitat / Leonard E. Newton -- Taxonomy of Aloaceae / Gideon F. Smith and Elsie M.A. Steyn -- Aloe constituents : aloe chemistry / Tom Reynolds -- Aloe polysaccharides / Yawei Ni, Kenneth M.Yates and Ian R. Tizard -- Aloe lectins and their activities / Hiroshi Kuzuya, Kan Shimpo and Hidehiko Beppu -- Analytical methodology : the gel analysis of aloe pulp and its derivatives / Yawei Ni and Ian R. Tizard -- Analytical methodology : the exudate / Tom Reynolds -- Industrial processing and quality control of A. barbadensis / Ronald P. Pelley, Todd A. Waller and Faith M. Strickland -- Therapeutic activity of aloes: healing powers of aloes / Nicola Mascolo, Angelo A. Izzo, Francesca Borrelli, Giulia di Carlo, Lidia Sautebin and Francesco Capasso -- Aloe vera in wound healing / Gary D. Motykie and John P. Heggers.
- Alpha herpesviruses 2006
- Alphabet of Galen SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.The Alphabet of Galen is a critical edition and English translation of a text describing, in alphabetical order, nearly three hundred natural products - including metals, aromatics, animal materials, and herbs - and their medicinal uses. A Latin translation of earlier Greek writings on pharmacy that have not survived, it circulated among collections of 'authorities' on medicine, including Hippocrates, Galen of Pergamun, Soranus, and Ps. Apuleius.This work presents interesting linguistic features, including otherwise unattested Greek and Latin technical terms and unique pharmacological descriptions. Nicholas Everett provides a window onto the medieval translation of ancient science and medieval conceptions of pharmacy. With a comprehensive scholarly apparatus and a contextual introduction, The Alphabet of Galen is a major resource for understanding the richness and diversity of medical history.
- Alternative and complementary therapies for cancer 2010, Springer
- Alternative breast imaging 2005, Springer
- Alternative careers in science. 2nd ed. 2006, ScienceDirectA scientist gone bad : how I went from the bench to the boardroom / Cynthia Robbins-Roth -- Technical writing : making sense out of manuals / Clayton R. Randall (second edition updated by Cynthia Robbins-Roth) -- Science writing : communicating with the masses / Sue Goetinck Ambrose -- Creating a publishing empire : how I gave up academic and became an entrepreneurial editor / Roger Longman -- Business information services : providing the data for industry / Mark D. Dibner -- Becoming a venture capitalist / Deepa Pakianathan -- Investment banking : dreams and reality / Peter Drake (second edition updated by Cynthia Robbins-Roth) -- How I became an analyst : science-based investment advising / Mary Ann Gray -- Entrepreneur and company founder : starting your own company and surviving / Ron Cohen -- Business development : making deals with science / Ronald Pepin -- The growth of a manager : from pure research to policy administration / Philip W. Hammer -- Regulatory affairs : keeping product development on track / Elizabeth D. Moyer -- Patent law careers : protecting the intellectual property of science / Alexandra J. Baran -- Entering biomedical and scientific consulting / Robert Roth -- Sales and marketing : so you want to sell? / Erin Hall Meade -- From doing research to moving research : my life in tech transfer / Paula Szoka -- Corporate communications : helping companies sell their stories / Tony Russo -- Executive search : the hunt for exceptional talent / Bente Hansen -- Consultant to the stars : advising CEOs for fun and profit / Carol Hall -- Biomedical consultant : specializing in technology assessment, strategic planning, and grant writing / Gail Schechter -- Science and public policy : translating between two worlds / David Applegate -- Economic development advisor : building a biotech industry for an entire country / Gina Lento -- Government agencies : directing science in the military / Genevieve Haddad -- Appendix : information resources about alternative careers for scientists / Cynthia Robbins-Roth.
- Alternative medicine and rehabilitation 2003, NLM
- Alternative splicing and disease 2006, SpringerMethods and platforms for the quantification of splice variants' expression /Laurent Bracco ... [et al.] --Pre-mRNA missplicing as a cause of human disease /Tatyana Novoyatleva ... [et al.] --Alternative splicing : therapeutic target and tool /Mariano A. Garcia-Blanco --SR proteins as potential targets for therapy /Johann Soret, Mathieu Gabut, Jamal Tazi --Misregulation of tau alternative splicing in neurodegeneration and dementia /Athena Andreadis --Spinal muscular atrophy and therapeutic prospects /Brunhilde Wirth, Lars Brichta, Eric Hahnen --Misregulation of alternative splicing causes pathogenesis in myotonic dystrophy /N. Muge Kuyumcu-Martinez, Thomas A. Cooper --Redirecting splicing to address dystrophin mutations : molecular by-pass surgery /Stephen D. Wilton, Susan Fletcher --Altered splicing in prelamin A-associated premature aging phenotypes /Annachiara De Sandre-Giovannoli, Nicolas Levy --Splicing modulation as a modifier of the CFTR function /Malka Nissim-Rafinia, Batsheva Kerem.
- Alternative splicing in the postgenomic era Lane Catalog record
- Alternative toxicological methods 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Alzheimer's disease 2007, Springer
- Alzheimer's disease 2012, KargerThe global impact of Alzheimer's disease / M.C. Carrillo, W. Thies, L.J. Bain -- The genetics of Alzheimer's disease / M.C. Schu ... [et al.] -- Current conceptual view of Alzheimer's disease / K. Herrup -- Neuropathological basis of Alzheimer's disease and Alzheimer's disease diagnosis / J.A. Schneider ... [et al.] -- Diagnostic tools : fluid biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease / H. Zetterberg, H. Hampel, K. Blennow -- MRI-and PET-based imaging markers for the diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease / S. Teipel ... [et al.] -- Changing diagnostic concepts of Alzheimer's disease / G.M. McKhann, M.S. Albert, R.A. Sperling -- Pharmacological treatment of Alzheimer's disease / L.S. Schneider -- Regulatory requirements on clinical trials in Alzheimer's disease / K. Broich ... [et al.] -- Perspectives on Alzheimer's disease : past, present and future / Z.S. Khachaturian.
- Alzheimer's Disease and Frontotemporal Dementia 2010, Springer ProtocolsContemporary Approaches to Alzheimer's Disease and Frontotemporal Dementia / Erik D. Roberson -- Preparing Synthetic Aβ in Different Aggregation States / W. Blaine Stine, Lisa Jungbauer, Chunjiang Yu, Mary Jo LaDu -- Isolation of Low-n Amyloid β-Protein Oligomers from Cultured Cells, CSF, and Brain / Ganesh M. Shankar, Alfred T. Welzel, Jessica M. McDonald, Dennis J. Selkoe, Dominic M. Walsh -- Detecting Aβ*56 Oligomers in Brain Tissues / Mathew A. Sherman, Sylvain E. Lesné -- Assessing Aβ Aggregation State by Atomic Force Microscopy / Justin Legleiter -- Measuring APP Carboxy-Terminal Fragments / Luke A. Esposito -- Detection of APP Intracellular Domain in Brain Tissue / Sanjay W. Pimplikar, Anupama Suryanarayana -- Cell-Based Assays for Regulators of Tau Biology / Umesh K. Jinwal, Chad A. Dickey -- Split GFP Complementation Assay for Quantitative Measurement of Tau Aggregation In Situ / Wanjoo Chun, Geoffrey S. Waldo, Gail V. Johnson -- Apolipoprotein E Expression and Purification / Yvonne Newhouse, Karl H. Weisgraber -- Aβ Toxicity in Primary Cultured Neurons / Adriana Ferreira, Roxana C. Sinjoanu, Alexandra Nicholson, Sara Kleinschmidt -- Manipulation of Gene Expression in the Central Nervous System with Lentiviral Vectors / Binggui Sun, Li Gan -- Selecting a Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease / Jeannie Chin -- Monitoring Spatial Learning and Memory in Alzheimer's Disease Mouse Models Using the Morris Water Maze / Kimberly Scearce-Levie -- Step-by-Step In Situ Hybridization Method for Localizing Gene Expression Changes in the Brain / Jorge J. Palop, Erik D. Roberson, Inma Cobos -- Real-Time Visualization of Axonal Transport in Neurons / Yasuko Osakada, Bianxiao Cui -- Quantifying Biomarkers of Cognitive Dysfunction and Neuronal Network Hyperexcitability in Mouse Models of Alzheimer's Disease: Depletion of Calcium-Dependent Proteins and Inhibitory Hippocampal Remodeling / Jorge J. Palop, Lennart Mucke, Erik D. Roberson -- Epigenetic Changes in the Brain: Measuring Global Histone Modifications / Gavin Rumbaugh, Courtney A. Miller.
- Alzheimer-- 100 years and beyond 2006, Springer
- Types of articles -- Manuscript preparation -- References -- Visual presentation of data -- Ethical and legal considerations -- Editorial assessment and processing -- Grammar -- Punctuation -- Plurals -- Capitalization -- Correct and preferred usage -- Non-English words, phrases, and accent marks -- Medical indexes -- Abbreviations -- Nomenclature -- Eponyms -- Greek letters -- Units of measure -- Numbers and percentages -- Study design and statistics -- Mathematical composition -- Typography -- Manuscript editing and proofreading -- Glossary of publishing terms -- Resources.
- Amazing numbers in biology 2006, Springer
- Amenorrhea 2010, Springer
- American men & women of science 2007., Gale Virtual Ref Lib
- American Psychiatric Association practice guidelines 2006, PsychiatryOnlinePsychiatric evaluation of adults, second edition -- Treatment of patients with delirium -- Treatment of patients with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias of late life -- Treatment of patients with HIV/AIDS -- Treatment of patients with substance use disorders, second edition -- Treatment of patients with schizophrenia, second edition -- Treatment of patients with major depressive disorder, second edition -- Treatment of patients with bipolar disorder, second edition -- Treatment of patients with panic disorder -- Treatment of patients with acute stress disorder and posttraumatic stress disorder -- Treatment of patients with eating disorders, third edition -- Treatment of patients with borderline personality disorder -- Assessment and treatment of patients with suicidal behaviors. -- Appendix: Practice guideline development process.
- American Psychiatric Publishing textbook of geriatric psychiatry. 4th ed. 2009, PsychiatryOnlinePart I: The basic science of geriatric psychiatry --The myth, history, and science of aging /Dan G. Blazer --Demography and epidemiology of psychiatric disorders in late life /Celia F. Hybels, Dan G. Blazer, and Judith C. Hays --Physiological and clinical considerations of geriatric patient care /Robert M. Kaiser --Neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, and neuropathology of aging /Warren D. Taylor, Scott D. Moore, and Steven S. Chin --Chemical messengers /Jason D. Kilts ... [et al.] --Genetics /Robert A. Sweet and Patricia A. Wilkosz --Psychological aspects of normal aging /Ilene C. Siegler ... [et al.] --Social and economic factors related to psychiatric disorders in late life /Linda K. George.Part II: The diagnostic interview in late life --The psychiatric interview of older adults /Dan G. Blazer --Use of the laboratory in the diagnostic workup of older adults /Mugdha Thakur and P. Murali Doraiswamy --Neuropsychological assessment of dementia /Kathleen A. Welsh-Bohmer and Deborah K. Attix.Part III: Psychiatric disorders in late life --Delirium /Michael A. Fearing and Sharon K. Inouye --Dementia and milder cognitive syndromes /Constantine G. Lyketsos --Movement disorders /Burton Scott --Mood disorders /Dan G. Blazer, David C. Steffens, and Harold G. Koenig --Bipolar disorder in late life /John L. Beyer --Schizophrenia and paranoid disorders /Dilip V. Jeste, Nicole M. Lanouette, and Ipsit V. Vahia --Anxiety disorders /Eric J. Lenze and Julie Loebach Wetherell --Somatoform disorders /Marc E. Agronin --Sexual disorders /Marc E. Agronin --Bereavement /Moria J. Smoski and Larry W. Thompson --Sleep and circadian rhythm disorders /Andrew D. Krystal, Jack D. Edinger, and William K. Wohlgemuth --Alcohol and drug problems /David W. Oslin and Shahrzad Mavandadi --Personality disorders /Thomas E. Oxman --Agitation and suspiciousness /Harold W. Goforth and Lisa P. Gwyther.Part IV: Treatment of psychiatric disorders in late life --Psychopharmacology /Benoit H. Mulsant and Bruce G. Pollock --Electroconvulsive therapy /Richard D. Weiner and Andrew D. Krystal --Nutrition and physical activity /Connie Watkins Bales and Martha Elizabeth Payne --Individual and group psychotherapy /Thomas R. Lynch and Moria J. Smoski --Working with families of older adults /Lisa P. Gwyther and Diane E. Meglin --Clinical psychiatry in the nursing home /Joel E. Streim and Ira R. Katz --The continuum of caring in the long term: movement toward the community /George L. Maddox and Elise J. Bolda.Part V: Special topics --Legal, ethical, and policy issues /William E. Reichman ... [et al.] --The past and future of geriatric psychiatry /Dan G. Blazer and David C. Steffens.
- American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of psychiatry. 5th ed. 2008, PsychiatryOnline
- American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of psychopharmacology. 4th ed. 2009, PsychiatryOnline
- American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of substance abuse treatment. 4th ed. 2008, PsychiatryOnlinePart 1 : The basis of addictive disorders -- Neurobiology of addiction / George F. Koob -- Genetics of addiction / Joel Gelernter, Henry R. Kranzler -- Epidemiology of addiction / Judith S. Brook, Kerstin Pahl, Elizabeth Rubenstone -- Cross-cultural aspects of addiction / Nady el-Guebaly --Part 2 : The nature of treatment -- Assessment of the patient / Shelly F. Greenfield, Grace Hennessy -- Patient placement criteria / David Mee-Lee, David R. Gastfriend -- Evolution in addiction treatment concepts and methods / A. Thomas McLellan --Part 3 : Specific drugs of abuse -- Alcohol -- Neurobiology of alcohol / Clifford M. Knapp, Domenic A. Ciraulo, Henry R. Kranzler -- Clinical management of alcohol abuse and dependence / Hugh Myrick, Tara Wright -- Stimulants -- Neurobiology of stimulants / Margaret Haney -- Clinical management : cocaine / Thomas R. Kosten, Mehmet Sofuoglu, Tracie J. Gardner -- Clinical management : methamphetamine / Richard A. Rawson, Walter Ling -- Hallucinogens and club drugs -- Neurobiology of hallucinogens / Richard A. Glennon -- Hallucinogens and club drugs / Michael F. Weaver, Sidney H. Schnoll -- Other substances -- Nicotine and tobacco / Tony P. George, Andrea H. Weinberger -- Benzodiazepines and other sedatives and hypnotics / Adam Bisaga -- Treatment of anabolic-androgenic steroid-related disorders / Harrison G. Pope, Jr., Kirk J. Brower -- Opioids -- Neurobiology of opiates and opioids / Mary Jeanne Kreek -- Detoxification of opioids / Soteri Polydorou, Herbert D. Kleber -- Opioid maintenance treatment / Richard S. Schottenfeld -- Buprenorphine maintenance / Eric C. Strain, Michelle R. Lofwall -- Antagonists of opioids / Charles O'Brien, Kyle M. Kampman --Part 4 : Treatment modalities -- Psychodynamics / Hallie A. Lightdale, Avram H. Mack, Richard J. Frances -- Cognitive-behavioral therapies / Kathleen M. Carroll -- Motivational enhancement / Carlo C. DiClemente, Miranda Garay, Leigh Gemmell -- Twelve-step facilitation / Richard K. Ries, Marc Galanter, J. Scott Tonigan -- Contingency management / Stephen T. Higgins, Kenneth Silverman -- Network therapy / Marc Galanter -- Group therapy / David W. Brook -- Family therapy / Timothy J. O'Farrell, William Fals-Stewart --Part 5 : Rehabilitation settings -- Inpatient treatment / Roger D. Weiss, Jennifer Sharpe Potter, Rocco A. Iannucci -- Therapeutic communities / George De Leon -- Community-based treatment / Jonathan I. Ritvo, Harvey L. Causey III -- Alcoholics anonymous and other 12-step programs -- Psychological mechanisms in alcoholics anonymous / J. Scott Tonigan, Gerard J. Connors -- The history of alcoholics anonymous and the experiences of patients / Edgar P. Nace -- Outcome research on 12-step and other self-help programs / Rudolf H. Moos, Christine Timko --Part 6 : Special populations -- Adolescent substance abuse / Yifrah Kaminer -- The mentally ill substance abuser / Stephen Ross -- Women and addiction / Kathleen T. Brady, Sudie E. Back -- Perinatal substance abuse / Loretta P. Finnegan, Stephen R. Kandall -- HIV/AIDS and hepatitis C / Steven L. Batki, Kalpana I. Nathan -- Prescription drug abuse / Wilson M. Compton, Richard Denisco -- Substance use disorders among physicians / J. Wesley Boyd, John R. Knight -- Gay men and lesbians / Robert Paul Cabaj -- Minorities / Joseph Westermeyer, Daniel Dickerson --Part 7 : Special topics -- Testing to identify recent drug use / Robert L. DuPont, Carl M. Selavka -- Medical education / Erik W. Gunderson, Frances R. Levin, Petros Levounis -- Prevention of substance abuse / Richard R. Clayton, Melissa J.H. Segress, Crystal A. Caudill -- Forensic addiction psychiatry / Avram H. Mack, Monica Barros.
- Amino acid biosynthesis 2007, Springer
- Amino acid chelation in human and animal nutrition 2012, CRCnetBASECh. 1. The fundamentals of mineral nutrition -- ch. 2. The chemistry of chelation -- ch. 3. The history of nutritional chelates -- ch. 4. The requirements for a nutritionally functional chelate -- ch. 5. The development of analytical methods to prove amino acid chelation -- ch. 6. Absorption of amino acid chelates from the alimentary canal -- ch. 7. The pathways for absorption of an amino acid chelate -- ch. 8. The absorption of amino acid chelates by active transport -- ch. 9. The absorption of amino acid chelates by facilitated diffusion -- ch. 10. The fate of amino acid chelates in the mucosal cell -- ch. 11. The uptake of amino acid chelates into and out of the plasma -- ch. 12. Tissue metabolism of amino acid chelates -- ch. 13. Some metabolic responses of the body to amino acid chelates -- ch. 14. Toxicity of amino acid chelates -- ch. 15. The absorption and metabolism of amino acid chelates.
- Amino acids 2013, CRCnetBASE
- Amino acids and proteins for the athlete. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Aminoff's electrodiagnosis in clinical neurology. 6th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectThe emergence of electrophysiology as an aid to neurology /Mary A.B. Brazier --Electrophysiologic equipment and electrcial safety /John A. Cadwell and Richard A. Villarreal --Electroencephalography and magnetoencephalography.Electroencephalography: general principles and clinical applications /Michael J. Aminoff --Neonatal and pediatric electroencephalography /Jin S. Hahn --Electroencephalographic artifacts and benign variants /Jeffrey W. Britton --Video-EEG monitoring for epilepsy /John M. Stern and Jerome Engel, Jr. --Invasive clinical neurophysiology in epilepsy and movement disorders /William J. Marks, Jr and Kenneth D. Laxer --Topographic mapping, frequency analysis, and other quantitative techniques in electroencephalography /Marc R. Nuwer and Pedro Coutin-Churchman --Intraoperative electroencephalographic monitoring during carotid endarterectomy and cardiac surgery /Gregory D. Cascino and Frank W. Sharbrough, III --Magnetoencephalography /William W. Sutherling --Electromyography, nerve conduction studies, and related techniques.Clinical electromyography /Michael J. Aminoff --Quantitative electromyography /Mark B. Bromberg --Nerve conduction studies /Jasper R. Daube and Devon I. Rubin --Microneurography and its potential clinical applications /David Burke --Nerve excitability: a clinical translation /Matthew C. Kiernan and Cindy Shin Yi Lin --Neuromuscular ultrasound as a complement to the electrodiagnostic evaluation /Francis O. Walker and Michael S. Cartwright --Electrophysiologic study of disorders of neuuromuscular transmission /Donald B. Sanders --H-reflex and F-response studies /Morris A. Fisher --The blink reflex and other cranial nerve reflexes /Josep Valls-Sole --Electrophysiologic evaluation of movement disorders /Mark Hallett --Evaluation of the autonomic nervous system /Michael J. Aminoff --Evoked potentials and related techniques.Visual evoked potentials, electroretinography, and other diagnostic approaches to the visual system /Ari J. Green --Visual evoked potentials in infants and children /Eileen E. Birch and Vidhya Subramanian --Brainstem auditory evoked potentials: methodology, interpretation, and clinical application /Alan D. Legatt --Brainstem auditory evoked potentials in infants and children /Terence W. Picton, margot J. Taylor, and Andree Durieux-Smith --Somatosensory evoked potentials /Michael J. Aminoff and Andrew Eisen --Somatosensory evoked potentials in infants and children /Michael J. Aminoff --Diagnostic and therapeutic role of magnetic stimulation in neurologuy /Robert Chen and Nicolae Petrescu --Event-related potentials /Douglas S. Goodin --Intraoperative monitoring by evoked potential techniques /Ronald G. Emerson and David C. Adams --Bladder, bowel, and sexual dysfunction. electrophysiologic evaluation of sacral function /Simon Podnar and David B. Vodusek --Tests of vestibular function. Vestibular laboratory testing /Joseph M. Furman and Floris L. Wuyts --Electrophysiologic evaluation in special situations. Polysomnographic evaluation fo sleep disroders /Vivien C. Abad and Christian Guilleminault --Electrophysiologic evaluation of patients in the intensive care unit /G. Bryan Young and Charles F. Bolton --Electrophysiologic evaluation of brain death: a critical appraisal /Thomas P. Bleck --Electrophysiologic techniques in the evaluation of patients with suspected neurotoxic disorders /Michael J. Aminoff and James W. Albers.
- Amphotericin B lipid complex in the treatment of invasive fungal infection Lane Catalog record
- Amputation, prosthesis use, and phantom limb pain 2010, Springer
- Amylin Lane Catalog record
- Amyloid and amyloidosis 2005, CRCnetBASEAmyloid fibrillogenesis -- AL amyloidosis -- AA amyloidosis -- Familial amyloidosis -- Central nervous system amyloidosis -- Localized amyloidosis -- Therapeutics -- Satellite symposium, Neurochem Inc.
- Amyloid and related disorders 2012, Springer
- Amyloid precursor protein 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Amyloid proteins 2004, Springer Protocols
- Amyloidosis 2010, Springer
- Anabolic steroids 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Anaesthesia, pain, intensive care and emergency 2008, SpringerAdvances on critical care -- Airway -- Trauma -- Obstetrics -- Paediatric anaesthesia -- Cardiac arrest -- Infections, sepsis, organ dysfunction -- Perioperative care -- Quality of care in the ICU.
- Anaesthesia, pain, intensive care and emergency - A.P.I.C.E. 2006, Springer
- Anaesthesia, pain, intensive care and emergency - A.P.I.C.E. 2007, Springer
- Anal and rectal diseases 2012, Springer
- Analgesia 2007, SpringerPart I. Introduction --Peripheral and central mechanism of pain generation /H.G. Schaible --Part II.Drugs in clinical use --Opioids /C. Zöllner, C. Stein --Antipyretic analgesics: nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs, selective COX-2 inhibitors, paracetamol and pyrazolionones /B. Hinz, K. Brune --Local anesthetics /R. Yanagidate, G.R. Strichartz --Serotonin receptor ligands: treatments of acute migraine and cluster headache /P.J. Goadsby --Anti-convulsants and anti-depressants /A.H. Dickenson, J. Ghandehari --Part III.Compounds in preclinical development --Neuropeptide and kinin antagonists /R. G. Hill, K.R. Oliver --Glutamate receptor ligands /V. Neugebauer --Adrenergic and cholinergic compounds /R. D. Sanders, M. Maze --Cannabinoids and pain /I.J. Lever, A.S.C. Rice --Part IV.Future targets in analgesia research --Adenosine and ATP receptors /J. Sawynok --Ion channels in analgesia research /J.N. Wood --Protein kinases as potential targets for the treatment of pathological pain /R. R. Ji, Y. Kawasaki, Z. Y. Zhuang, Y.R. Wen, Y.Q. Zhang --Part V.Pain Management beyond pharmacotherapy --Placebo and endogenous mechanisms of analgesia /F. Bededetti --Limitations of pharmacotherapy: behavioral approaches to chronic pain /H. Flor, M. Diers --Subject index.
- Analysing ecological data 2007, Springer
- Analysis and application of analog electronic circuits to biomedical instrumentation 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Analysis of clinical trials using SAS 2005, books24x7, SUNet ID login required. Use Search. Direct Link not yet availableAnalysis of Stratified Data -- Multiple Comparisons and Multiple Endpoints -- Analysis of Safety and Diagnostic Data -- Interim Data Monitoring -- Analysis of Incomplete Data.
- Analysis of complex disease association studies. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectAccording to the National Institute of Health, a genome-wide association study is defined as any study of genetic variation across the entire human genome that is designed to identify genetic associations with observable traits (such as blood pressure or weight), or the presence or absence of a disease or condition. Whole genome information, when combined with clinical and other phenotype data, offers the potential for increased understanding of basic biological processes affecting human health, improvement in the prediction of disease and patient care, and ultimately the realization of the promise of personalized medicine. In addition, rapid advances in understanding the patterns of human genetic variation and maturing high-throughput, cost-effective methods for genotyping are providing powerful research tools for identifying genetic variants that contribute to health and disease. This burgeoning science merges the principles of statistics and genetics studies to make sense of the vast amounts of information available with the mapping of genomes. In order to make the most of the information available, statistical tools must be tailored and translated for the analytical issues which are original to large-scale association studies. This book will provide researchers with advanced biological knowledge who are entering the field of genome-wide association studies with the groundwork to apply statistical analysis tools appropriately and effectively. With the use of consistent examples throughout the work, chapters will provide readers with best practice for getting started (design), analyzing, and interpreting data according to their research interests. Frequently used tests will be highlighted and a critical analysis of the advantages and disadvantage complimented by case studies for each will provide readers with the information they need to make the right choice for their research.
- Analysis of growth factor signaling in embryos 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Analysis of lipid oxidation 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Analysis of parallel spike trains 2010, Springer
- Analysis of pesticides in food and environmental samples 2008, CRCnetBASEPesticides: classification and properties / José L. Tadeo, Consuelo Sánchez-Brunete, Lorena González -- Sample handling of pesticides in food and environmental samples / Esther Turiel, Antonio Martín-Esteban -- Analysis of pesticides by chromatographic techniques coupled with mass spectrometry / Simon Hird -- Immunoassays and biosensors / Jeanette M. Van Emon ... [et al.] -- Quality assurance / Árpád Ambrus -- Determination of pesticides in food of vegetal origin / Frank J. Schenck, Jon W. Wong -- Determination of pesticides in food of animal origin / Antonia Garrido Frenich, Jose Luis Martinez, Adrian Covaci -- Determination of pesticides in soil / Consuelo Sánchez-Brunete, Beatriz Albero, José L. Tadeo -- Determination of pesticides in water / Jay Gan, Svetlana Bondarenko -- Sampling and analysis of pesticides in the atmosphere / Maurice Millet -- Levels of pesticides in food and food safety aspects / Kit Granby ... [et al.] -- Monitoring of pesticides in the environment / Ioannus Konstantinou ... [et al.].
- Analysis of survey data 2003, WileyAPPROACHES TO INFERENCE -- Introduction / R.L. Chambers -- Design-based Methods for Estimating Model Parameters: A General Theory / David A. Binder and Georgia R. Roberts -- The Bayesian Approach to Sample Survey Inference / Rod Little -- Interpreting a Sample as Evidence about a Finite Population / Richard Royall -- CATEGORICAL RESPONSE DATA -- Introduction / C.J. Skinner -- Analysis of Categorical Response Data from Complex Surveys: an Appraisal and Update / J.N.K. Rao and D.R. Thomas -- Fitting Logistic Regression Models in Case-control Studies with Complex Sampling / Alastair Scott and Chris Wild -- CONTINUOUS AND GENERAL RESPONSE DATA -- Introduction / R.L. Chambers -- Graphical Displays of Complex Survey Data through Kernel Smoothing / D.R. Bellhouse, C.M. Goia, and J.E. Stafford -- Nonparametric Regression with Complex Survey Data / R.L. Chambers, A.H. Dorfman and M. Yu. Sverchkov -- Fitting Generalised Linear Models under Informative Sampling / Danny Pfeffermann and Michael Sverchkov -- LONGITUDINAL DATA -- Introduction / C.J. Skinner -- Random Effect Models for Longitudinal Survey Data / C.J. Skinner and D.J. Holmes -- Event History Analysis and Longitudinal Surveys / J.F. Lawless -- Applying Heterogeneous Transition Models in Labour Economics: the Role of Youth Training in Labour Market Transitions / Fabrizia Mealli and Stephen Pudney -- INCOMPLETE DATA -- Introduction / R.L. Chambers -- Bayesian Methods for Unit and Item Nonresponse / Rod Little -- Estimation for Multiple Phase Sample / Wayne A. Fuller -- Analysis Combining Survey and Geographically Aggregated Data / D.G. Steel, M. Tranmer and D. Holt -- T.M.F. Smith: Publications up to 2002.
- Analysis of waiting-time data in health services research 2008, Springer
- Analytical and practical aspects of drug testing in hair 2007, CRCnetBASEDrug incorporation into hair / Robert Kronstrand and Karen Scott -- Passive exposure, decontamination procedures, cutoffs, and bias: pitfalls in the interpretation of hair analysis results for cocaine use / David A. Kidwell and Frederick P. Smith -- Opioids testing in hair / Michel Yegles and Robert Wennig -- Hair analysis for cocaine / Carmen Jurado -- Determination of cannabinoids in human hair / Michael Uhl -- Amphetamine determination in hair / Vincent Cirimele -- Pharmaceuticals in hair / Marjorie Cheze, Marc Deveaux, Gaelle Duffort, Francis Billault, and Gilbert Pepin -- Screening strategies in hair analysis on drugs / Hans Sachs -- Clinical applications of hair analysis / Simona Pichini, Oscar Garcia-Algar, and Rafael de la Torre -- Hair in postmortem toxicology / Robert Kronstrand and Henrik Druid -- Detection of doping agents in human hair / Pascal Kintz -- Applications of hair in drug-facilitated crime evidence / Marion Villain -- Application of hair in driving-license regranting / Manfred R. Moeller, Hans Sachs, and Fritz Pragst -- Alcohol markers in hair / Fritz Pragst and Michel Yegles -- Workplace drug testing using hair samples / Thomas Cairns, Michael Schaffer, and Virginia Hill -- Metals / Jean-Pierre Goulle.
- Analytical methods for food additives 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Analytical techniques for biopharmaceutical development 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Analytical techniques in biochemistry and molecular biology 2011, SpringerAdvances in biochemistry now allow us to control living systems in ways that were undreamt of a decade ago. This volume guides researchers and students through the full spectrum of experimental protocols used in biochemistry, plant biology and biotechnology.
- Analytical techniques in DNA sequencing 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Analyzing microarray gene expression data 2004, WileyMicroarrays in Gene Expression Studies, p. 1-29 -- Cleaning and Normalization, p. 31-59 -- Some Cluster Analysis Methods, p. 61-97 -- Clustering of Tissue Samples, p. 99-131 -- Screening and Clustering of Genes, p. 133-183 -- Discriminant Analysis, p. 185-220 -- Supervised Classification of Tissue Samples, p. 221-251 -- Linking Microarray Data with Survival Analysis, p. 253-266.
- Analyzing T cell responses 2005, Springer
- Anaphylaxis 2010, KargerHistory and epidemiology -- History and classification of anaphylaxis -- Epidemiology of anaphylaxis -- Mechanisms -- T-cell response to allergens -- Anaphylaxis: mechanisms of mast cell activation -- Kinins, airway obstruction, and anaphylaxis -- Role for basophils in systemic anaphylaxis -- Human cardiac mast cells in anaphylaxis -- Diagnosis and clinical symptomatology -- Mastocytosis -- In vitro diagnosis of anaphylaxis -- Allergens and elicitors -- Insect venoms -- Classification and pathophysiology of radiocontrast media hypersensitivity -- Analgesics -- Anaphylaxis to general anesthetics -- Anaphylactic reactions to local anesthetics -- Treatment and prevention -- Anaphylaxis: acute treatment and management -- Epinephrine (adrenaline) in anaphylaxis.
- Anaphylaxis and hypersensitivity reactions 2011, Springer
- Anästhesie und Intensivmedizin in Herz-, Thorax- und Gefässchirurgie. 6., vollständig überarb. und erw. Aufl. 2005, Springer
- Anatomic basis of echocardiographic diagnosis 2011, SpringerGeneral anatomy of the heart in the chest -- Age-related cardiac changes -- Aortic valve -- Mitral valve -- Tricuspid and pulmonary valve -- Cardiomyopathies -- Ischemic heart disease -- Right ventricular diseases -- Diseases of the aorta -- Pericardial diseases -- Prosthetic heart valves -- Infective endocarditis and related conditions -- Neoplasm, cardiac tumor -- Congenital heart disease -- Cardiac source of embolism -- Assessment of diastolic function -- Cardiac involvement by systemic diseases -- Interventional procedures.
- Anatomic basis of neurologic diagnosis 2009, Thieme BooksDevelopment and developmental disorders -- Neuroembryology -- Regional anatomy and related syndromes -- Peripheral nerves -- Plexuses -- Nerve roots and spinal nerves -- Spinal cord -- Brainstem -- Cranial nerves -- Cerebellum -- Thalamus -- Hypothalamus -- Basal ganglia -- Limbic system -- Cerebral cortex -- System-based anatomy and differential diagnosis -- Somatosensory system -- Visual system -- Auditory system -- Ocular motor system -- Motor system -- Autonomic nervous system -- Consciousness -- Fluid-system anatomy and function -- Vascular system -- Cerebrospinal fluid.
- Anatomic basis of tumor surgery. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Anatomical imaging 2008, SpringerHead anatomy of male and female Mongolian gazelle - a striking example of sexual dimorphism / R. Frey ... [et al.] -- Anatomical peculiarities of the vocal tract in felids / G.E. Weissengruber ... [et al.] -- The anatomical foundation for multidisciplinary studies of animal limb function : examples from dinosaur and elephant limb imaging studies / J.R. Hutchinson ... [et al.] -- Locomotion-related femoral trabecular architectures in primates - high resolution computed tomographies and their implications for estimations of locomotor preferences of fossil primates / H. Scherf -- Three-dimensional imaging of the manipulating apparatus in the lesser panda and the giant panda / H. Endo ... [et al.] -- Using CT to peer into the past : 3D visualization of the brain and ear regions of birds, crocodiles, and nonavian dinosaurs / L.M. Witmer ... [et al.] -- Evolutionary morphology of the autonomic cardiac nervous system in non-human primates and humans / T. Kawashima and H. Sasaki.
- Anatomy as art 2007
- Anatomy of addiction. 1st ed. 2011, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.The astonishing account of the decades-long cocaine use of Sigmund Freud and William Halsted. The author discusses the physical and emotional damage caused by the constant use of the then-heralded wonder drug, and of how each man ultimately changed the world in spite of it--or because of it.
- Anatomy of hope 2004
- Anatomy of the laboratory mouse Jackson Lab
- Anatomy ontologies for bioinformatics 2007, SpringerExisting anatomy ontologies for human, model organisms and plants -- Anatomical ontologies for model organisms : the fungi and animals / Jonathan Bard -- Plant structure ontology (PSO) : a morphological and anatomical ontology of flowering plants / Katica Ilic, ... [et al.] -- Anatomy for clinical terminology / Alan L. Rector -- The foundational model of anatomy ontology / Cornelius Rosse and José L. V. Mejino, Jr. -- Towards a disease ontology / Paul N. Schofield, Björn Rozell, Georgios V. Gkoutos -- Engineering and linking of anatomy ontologies -- Ontology alignment and merging / Patrick Lambrix, He Tan -- COBrA and COBrA-CT : ontology engineering tools / Stuart Aitken, Yin Chen -- XSPAN : a cross-species anatomy network / Albert Burger, Jonathan Bard -- Searching biomedical literature with anatomy ontologies / Thomas Wächter, ... [et al.] -- Anatomy ontologies and spatio-temporal atlases -- Anatomical ontologies : linking names to places in biology / Richard A. Baldock, Albert Burger -- Time in anatomy / Duncan Davidson -- The Edinburgh mouse atlas / Richard Baldock, Duncan Davidson -- The smart atlas : spatial and semantic strategies for multiscale integration of brain data / Maryann E. Martone, ... [et al.] -- Anatomy ontologies : modelling principles -- Modelling principles and methodologies : relations in anatomical ontologies / Fabian Neuhaus, Barry Smith -- Modeling principles and methodologies : spatial representation and reasoning / Thomas Bittner, ... [et al.] -- CARO : the common anatomy reference ontology / Melissa A. Haendel, ... [et al.]
- Anatomy. 4th ed. 2005
- Anatomy. 5th ed. 2008
- Anatomy. 5th ed. 2007
- Ancient medicine. 2nd ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.1. Sources and scope -- 2. Patterns of disease -- 3. Before Hippocrates -- 4. Hippocrates, the Hippocratic Corpus and the defining of medicine -- 5. Hippocratic theories -- 6. Hippocratic practices -- 7. Religion and medicine in fifth- and fourth-century Greece -- 8. From Plato to Praxagoras -- 9. Alexandria, anatomy and experimentation -- 10. Hellenistic medicine -- 11. Rome and the transplantation of Greek medicine -- 12. The Consequences of empire: pharmacology, surgery and the Roman army -- 13. The Rise of Methodism -- 14. Humoral alternatives -- 15. The Life and career of Galen -- 16. Galenic medicine -- 17. All sorts and conditions of (mainly) men -- 18. Medicine and the religions of the Roman Empire -- 19. Medicine in the Later Roman Empire -- 20. Conclusion.
- Androgen action in prostate cancer 2009, SpringerAndrogen action and modulation of prostate and prostate cancer growth : an historical perspective / Shutsung Liao ... [et al.] -- Clinical progression to castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Mark Pomerantz and Philip Kantoff -- Differential roles of androgen receptor in prostate development and cancer progression / Shuyuan Yeh ... [et al.] -- Imaging androgen receptor function in vivo / Michael Carey and Lily Wu -- Increased expression of genes converting adrenal androgens to testosterone in castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Steven P. Balk -- Androgen-metabolic genes in prostate cancer predisposition and progression / Juergen K.V. Reichardt and Ann W. Hsing -- Effect of steroid 5[alpha]-reductase inhibitors on markers of tumor regression and proliferation in prostate cancer / Lynn N. Thomas and Roger S. Rittmaster -- 5[alpha]-reductase isozymes in castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Mark A. Titus and James L. Mohler -- Improving intermittent androgen-deprivation therapy : OFF cycle and the role of steroid 5[alpha]-reductase inhibitors / Shubham Gupta, Daniel Shevrin, and Zhou Wang -- Insights from AR gene mutations / Grant Buchanan ... [et al.] -- Functional motifs of the androgen receptor / Elizabeth M. Wilson -- The role of the androgen receptor polyglutamine tract in prostate cancer : in mice and men / Diane M. Robbins -- The androgen receptor coactivator-binding interface / Eva Estébanez-Perpiñá and Robert J. Fletterick -- Co-regulators and the regulation of androgen receptor action in prostate cancer / Irina U. Agoulnik and Nancy L. Weigel -- Androgen receptor coregulators and their role in prostate cancer / Latif A. Wafa, Robert Snoek, and Paul S. Rennie -- Interaction of the androgen receptor ligand-binding domain with the n-terminal domain and with coactivators / Jan Trapman -- Multitasking and interplay between the androgen receptor domains / F.Claessens, T. Tanner, and A. Haelens -- Chromatin remodeling and androgen receptor-mediated transcription / Li Jia ... [et al.] -- Ligand-independent androgen receptor activity / Scott M. Dehm and Donald J. Tindall -- Role of IL-6 in regulating the androgen receptor / Zoran Culig and Alfred Hobisch -- The role of cyclic AMP in regulating the androgen receptor / Marianne D. Sadar --Cellular and molecular signatures of androgen ablation of prostate cancer / Clifford G. Tepper and Hsing-Jien Kung -- Tissue levels of androgens in castration-recurrent prostate cancer / James L. Mohler and Mark A. Titus -- Unique effects of wnt signaling on prostate cancer cells : modulation of the androgen signaling pathway by interactions of the androgen receptor gene and protein with key components of the canonical wnt signaling pathway / Matthew J. Tanner ... [et al.] -- The role of foxa proteins in the regulation of androgen receptor activity / David J. DeGraff ... [et al.] -- Androgen receptor as a licensing factor for DNA replication / Donald J. Vander Griend and John T. Isaacs -- Androgen-regulated genes in the prostate / Nigel Clegg and Peter S. Nelson -- Mapping the androgen receptor cistrome / Qianben Wang and Myles Brown -- Differential regulation of clusterin isoforms by the androgen receptor Tanya K. Day, Colleen C. Nelson, and Martin E. Gleave -- Androgen regulation of prostate cancer gene fusions / Rou Wang, Scott A. Tomlins, and Arul M. Chinnaiyan -- Androgens and the lipogenic switch in prostate cancer / Johannes V. Swinnen ... [et al.] -- Molecular biology of novel targets identified through study of castration-recurrent prostate cancer / Philip A. Watson and Charles L. Sawyers -- Selenium and androgen receptor in prostate cancer / Nagalakshmi Nadiminty and Allen C. Gao.
- Androgen excess disorders in women. 2nd ed. 2006, SpringerA brief history of androgen excess / Ricardo Azziz -- Ovarian and adrenal androgen biosynthesis and metabolism / Walter L. Miller, David H. Geller, and Mitchell Rosen -- Androgens throughout the life of women / C. Richard Parker, Jr. -- Physiological effects of androgens in women / T. Keta Hodgson and Glenn D. Braunstein -- Androgen measurements: methods, interpretation, and limitations / Frank Z. Stanczyk -- Androgen-secreting adrenal and ovarian neoplasms / Michel Pugeat ... [et al.] -- Cushing's syndrome, acromegaly, and androgen excess / Anne-Céline Reyss and Didier Dewailly -- The nonclassic adrenal hyperplasias / Didier Dewailly and Ricardo Azziz -- Pregnancy-related androgen excess / Howard D. McClamrock -- Drug-induced hyperandrogenism / Barbara Neraud and Didier Dewailly -- Severe insulin-resistant hyperandrogenic syndromes / David E. Moller, Antonio Vidal-Puig, and Ricardo Azziz -- Idiopathic hirutism / Enrico Carmina -- Definition and epidemiology of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Ricardo Azziz -- Clinical features of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Walter Futterweit, Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, and Ricardo Azziz -- Biochemical features of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Adam H. Balen -- Ovarian histology, morphology, and ultrasonography in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Sophie Jonard ... [et al.] --Hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadtrophic dysfunction in the polycystic ovary syndrome / R. Jeffrey Chang and Rinku V. Mehta -- Ovarian steroidogenic abnormalities in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Denis A. Magoffin -- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal dysfunction in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Bulent O. Yildiz, Enrico Carmina, and Ricardo Azziz -- The genetic basis of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Mark O. Goodarzi -- Pediatric hyperandrogenism and the polycystic ovary syndrome in adolescence / Kathleen M. Hoeger -- Environmental factors in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Marie-France Hivert and Jean-Patrice Baillargeon -- Animal models and fetal programming of the polycystic ovary syndrome / David H. Abbott ... [et al.] -- Insulin resistance and hyperinsulinism in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Paulina A. Essah and John E. Nestler -- The endocrine impact of obesity and body habitus in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Renato Pasquali and Alessandra Gambineri -- Molecular mechanisms of insulin resistance in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Theodore P. Ciaraldi -- Menstrual dysfunction and endometrial neoplasia in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Abdulkadir Wagley and Paul Hardiman -- Beta-cell dysfunction, glucose intolerance, and diabetes in the polycystic ovary syndrome / David A. Ehrmann -- Hypertension and cardiovascular and lipoprotein abnormalities in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Francesco Orio and Stefano Palomba --Reproductive and obstetrical consequences of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Mary C. Johnson and Richard S. Legro -- Psychosocial and quality-of-life consequences of androgen excess and the polycystic ovary syndrome / Onno E. Janssen, Susanne Hahn, and Sigrid Elsenbruch -- Overview of long-term morbidity and economic cost of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Ricardo Azziz -- Clinical and hormonal evaluation of androgen excess / Ricardo Azziz -- Ovarian suppression and treatment of hirsutism / Paolo Moghetti -- Polycystic ovary syndrome and ovulation induction / Bulent O. Yildiz and Ricardo Azziz -- In vitro fertilization for the polycystic ovary syndrome / Hanadi Ba-Akdah ... [et al.] -- Surgical management of the polycystic ovary syndrome / Adam H. Balen -- Use of insulin sensitizers in the polycystic ovary syndrome / Kai I. Cheang and John E. Nestler -- Weight reduction and lifestyle modification in the treatment of androgen excess / Manny Noakes ... [et al.].
- Andrology for the clinician 2006, Springer
- Andrology. 3rd ed. 2010, Springer1. Scope and goals of andrology / Eberhard Nieschlag -- 2. Physiology of testicular function / Gerhard F. Weinbauer ... [et al.] -- 3. Physiology of sperm maturation and fertilization / Trevor G. Cooper and Ching-Hei Yeung -- 4. Classification of andrological disorders / Frank Tüttelmann and Eberhard Nieschlag -- 5. Anamnesis and physical examination / Eberhard Nieschlag and Hermann M. Behre -- 6. Imaging diagnostics / Hermann M. Behre and Michael Zitzmann -- 7. Endocrine laboratory diagnosis / Manuela Simoni and Eberhard Nieschlag -- 8. Cytogenetic and molecular genetic investigations / Manuela Simoni and Peter Wieacker -- 9. Semen analysis / Trevor G. Cooper -- 10. Sperm quality and function tests / Ching-Hei Yeung and Trevor G. Cooper -- 11. Testicular biopsy and histology / Martin Bergmann and Sabine Kliesch -- 12. Diseases of the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland / Hermann M. Behre ... [et al.] -- 13. Disorders at the testicular level / Eberhard Nieschlag ... [et al.] -- 14. The aging male and late-onset hypogonadism / Claus Rolf, Michael Zitzmann, and Eberhard Nieschlag -- 15. Diseases of the seminal ducts / Hermann M. Behre ... [et al.] -- 16. Disorders of erection, cohabitation, and ejaculation / Hermann van Ahlen and Sabine Kliesch -- 17. Disorders of androgen target organs / Peter F. Wieacker, Hermann M. Behre, and Eberhard Nieschlag --18. Testicular dysfunction in systemic diseases / Gideon A. Sartorius and David J. Handelsman -- 19. Environmental influences on male reproductive health / Martin H. Brinkworth and David J. Handelsman -- 20. Gynecology relevant to andrology / Ulrich A. Knuth -- 21. Testosterone therapy / Eberhard Nieschlag and Hermann M. Behre -- 22. Empirical therapies for idiopathic male infertility / Eberhard Nieschlag and Axel Kamischke -- 23. Assisted reproduction / Christian De Geyter, Maria De Geyter, and Hermann M. Behre -- 24. Cryopreservation of human spermatozoa / Sabine Kliesch ... [et al.] -- 25. Psychology of fertility disorders / Regina Oberpenning, Fritz A. Muthny, and Frank Oberpenning -- 26. Sexual medicine and andrology / Klaus M. Beier -- 27. Male contribution to contraception / Eberhard Nieschlag -- 28. Vasectomy and refertilization / Udo H. Engelmann and Oliver Gralla -- 29. Approaches to hormonal male contraception / Eberhard Nieschlag and Hermann M. Behre -- 30. Pharmacological approaches to male contraception / Trevor G. Cooper and Ching-Hei Yeung -- 31. Ethical aspects of reproductive medicine / Klaus Demmer.
- Anemia in the elderly 2007, Springer
- Anesthesia and perioperative care for aortic surgery 2011, SpringerApplied anatomy of the aorta -- Acute aortic syndrome -- Preoperative cardiac evaluation before aortic surgery -- Role of echocardiography in aortic surgery -- Operative techniques in surgery of the proximal thoracic aorta and aortic arch -- Anesthesia for surgery of the ascending aorta and aortic arch -- Deep hypothermic circulatory arrest -- Cerebral monitoring during aortic surgery -- Understanding open repair of the descending thoracic and thoracoabdominal aorta -- Anesthesia for descending aortic surgery -- Spinal cord protection strategies -- Understanding endovascular aortic surgery: Endovascular repair of aortic aneurysmal disease -- Anesthesia for endovascular aortic surgery -- Anesthesia for open abdominal aortic aneurysm repair -- Renal protection strategies -- Comprehansive management of patients with traumatic aortic injury -- Anesthesia for adult congenital aortic surgery -- Atherosclerosis of the aorta and prevention of neurological dysfunction after cardiac surgery -- Postoperative care after aortic surgery.
- Anesthesia and uncommon diseases.. 6th ed. / 2012, ScienceDirectEye, ear, nose, and throat diseases -- Cardiac diseases -- Congenital heart disease -- Respiratory diseases -- Liver diseases -- Obesity and nutrition disorders -- Renal diseases -- Neurological diseases -- Muscle diseases -- Skin and bone disorders -- Hematologic diseases -- Infectious diseases and biologic weapons -- Diseases of the endocrine system -- Mitochondrial Disease -- Psychiatric and behavioral disorders -- Mineral, vitamin, and herbal supplements -- Trauma and acute care -- Burns -- Pregnancy and obstetric complications -- Geriatric patient -- Pediatric patient.
- Myocardial physiology and the interpretation of cardiac catheterization data -- Monitoring -- Anesthesia for myocardial revascularization -- Anesthesia for valvular heart disease -- Congenital heart disease -- Anesthesia for heart, heart-lung, and lung transplantation -- Pericardial disease -- Anesthesia for surgery of the thoracic aorta -- Management of cardiopulmonary bypass -- Mechanical circulatory support -- Myocardial preservation during cardiopulmonary bypass -- Special considerations during cardiac surgery.
- Anesthesia in cosmetic surgery 2007, CambridgePropofol ketamine with bispectral index (BIS) monitoring / Barry L. Friedberg -- Preoperative instructions, intraoperative environment / Barry L. Friedberg -- Level-of-consciousness monitoring / Scott D. Kelley -- The dissociative effect and preemptive analgesia / Barry L. Friedberg -- Special needs of cosmetic dental patients / James A. Snyder -- Propofol Ketamine in the UK, Propofol Ketamine beyond cosmetic surgery / Chris Pollock -- Propofol Ketamine beyond cosmetic surgery : implications for military medicine and mass-casualty anesthesia / Joel W. McMasters -- Lidocaine use and toxicity in cosmetic surgery / Adam Frederic Dorin -- Local anesthetic blocks in head and neck surgery / Joseph Niamtu -- Local anesthetics and surgical considerations for body contouring / Roger Wade Pielet -- Intravenous anesthesia for cosmetic surgery / David Barinholtz -- Regional anesthesia for cosmetic surgery / Holly Evans and Susan M. Steele -- General inhalation anesthesia for cosmetic surgery / Meena Desai -- Preanesthetic assessment of the cosmetic surgery patient / Norman Levin -- Psychological aspects of cosmetic surgery / David B. Sarwer, Canice E. Crerand, and Lauren M. Gibbons -- The business of the office-based anesthesia for cosmetic surgery / Marc E. Koch -- The politics of office-based anesthesia / David Barinholtz -- Staying out of trouble : the medicolegal perspective / Ann Lofsky.
- Anesthesia informatics 2008, Springer
- Anesthesia secrets. 4th ed. 2011, ebraryBasics of Patient Management -- Pharmacology -- Preparing for Anesthesia -- Patient Monitoring and Procedures -- Perioperative Problems -- Anesthesia and Systemic Disease -- Special Anesthetic Considerations --Regional Anesthesia -- Anesthetic Considerations in Selected Surgical Procedures -- Pain Management.
- Anesthesia student survival guide 2010, Springer
- Anesthesiology 2003
- Anesthesiology 2008
- Anesthesiology and otolaryngology 2013, SpringerWorking Side by Side: The Important Relationship Between Anesthesiologists and Otolaryngologists /Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr., Satish Govindaraj --Gross and Radiographic Anatomy /Puneet Pawha, Nancy Jiang, Katya Shpilberg --Basic Pharmacology of Anesthetic Agents /Wagdy Sidrak, Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr. --Basic Physiology /Ira Hofer, Samuel DeMaria Jr., Adam I. Levine --Physiologic Monitoring /Jaime B. Hyman, David L. Reich --Oxygen Delivery Systems and the Anesthesia Workstation /James B. Eisenkraft, Robert Williams --Preoperative Assessment and Optimization /Jaime B. Hyman, Andrew B. Leibowitz --Airway Management, Emergencies and the Difficult Airway /Irene P. Osborn, Andrew J. Kleinberger --Adult Sleep Apnea and Related Procedures /Menachem M. Weiner, Fred Y. Lin --Phonomicrosurgery and Office-Based Laryngology /Allan P. Reed, Peak Woo --Otologic Surgery /Cheryl K. Gooden --Facial Plastic Surgery /Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr., Eunice Park --Functional Nasal and Sinus Surgery /Alan J. Sim, Adam I. Levine, Satish Govindaraj --Thyroid, Parathyroid, and Parotid Surgery /Steven Porter, Andrew Schwartz --Head and Neck Cancer Surgery I: Resection /Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr. --Head and Neck Cancer Surgery II: Reconstruction /Adam I. Levine, Samuel DeMaria Jr., Brett A. Miles --Neurosurgical Otolaryngology I: Neurotology/Posterior Fossa Surgery /Jess W. Brallier, Eric E. Smouha --Neurosurgical Otolarynology II: Endoscopic Skull Base and Pituitary Surgery /Stacie G. Deiner, Kalmon D. Post, Satish Govindaraj --Tracheotomy /Sharmin Haque, Adam I. Levine, Chan W. Park --Pediatric Otolaryngology /Jonathan S. Gal, Francine S. Yudkowitz --Office-Based Otolaryngology /Laurence M. Hausman --Acute and Chronic Pain Management /Yury Khelemsky --Postoperative Care /Jody Jones, Brigid Flynn --Medico-Legal Considerations and Patient Safety /Elizabeth A. M. Frost.
- "In recent years our understanding of molecular mechanisms of drug action and interindividual variability in drug response has grown enormously. Meanwhile, the practice of anesthesiology has expanded to the preoperative environment and numerous locations outside the OR. Anesthetic Pharmacology: Basic Principles and Clinical Practice, second edition, is an outstanding therapeutic resource in anesthesia and critical care: Section 1 introduces the principles of drug action, Section 2 presents the molecular, cellular and integrated physiology of the target organ/functional system and Section 3 reviews the pharmacology and toxicology of anesthetic drugs. The new Section 4, Therapeutics of Clinical Practice, provides integrated and comparative pharmacology and the practical application of drugs in daily clinical practice. Edited by three highly acclaimed academic anesthetic pharmacologists, with contributions from an international team of experts, and illustrated in full colour, this is a sophisticated, user-friendly resource for all practitioners providing care in the perioperative period"--Provided by publisher.
- Angiogenesis 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Angiogenesis 2007, Springer
- Angiogenesis -- in vitro systems 2008, ScienceDirect
- Angiogenesis -- in vivo systems. Part A-B v.1-2, 2008., ScienceDirectpt. B, 2008 ScienceDirect
- Angiogenesis and direct myocardial revascularization 2005, SpringerMyocardial angiogenesis: proteins growth factors / Kwang Soo Cha, Robert S. Schwartz, and Timothy D. Henry -- Gene therapy for angiogenesis in the treatment of cardiovascular and peripheral arterial disease / Pinak B. Shah, Kapildeo Lotun, and Douglas W. Losordo -- Therapeutic angiogenesis in peripheral arterial disease: current approaches and future directions / Richard E. Waters and Brian H. Annex -- Bone marrow cell transplantation for myocardial regeneration and therapeutic angiogenesis / Hung-Fat Tse, Pui-Yin Lee, and Chu-Pak Lau -- No-option patients: a growing problem / Roger J. Laham and Donald S. Baim -- Transcriptional regulation of angiogenesis / Peter Oettgen -- Preclinical models and experience to date / Aysegul Yegin and Nicolas A. Chronos -- The coronary microcirculation and angiogenesis / Pierre Voisine ... [et al.] -- Local and regional vascular delivery for therapeutic angiogenesis and myogenesis / Erik T. Price, Alan C. Yeung, and Mehrdad Rezaee -- Imaging angiogenesis: a guide for clinical management and therapeutic trials / Justin D. Pearlman -- Transplantation of embryonic stem cells for myocardial regeneration and angiogenesis / Yong-Fu Xiao, Jiang-Yong Min, and James P. Morgan -- Skeletal myoblast transplantation for cardiac repair / Audrey Rosinberg, Jamal. S. Rana, and Roger J. Laham -- Transmyocardial laser revascularization / Keith A. Horvath.
- Angiogenesis in inflammation 2008, Springer
- A₃ adenosine receptors from cell biol...
- — Advances in spinal fusion ..............
- Advances in spinal stabilization .......
- — Angiogenesis in inflammation ...........
- Angiogenesis inhibition ................
- — Assessment and culture .................
- Assessment of addictive behaviors. 2n...
- — Āyurveda ...............................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty