- Web of science 1900-, ThomsonProvides access to ISI Citation Databases: Science citation index expanded (SCI-EXPANDED), 1974- ; Social sciences citation index (SSCI), 1974- ; Arts & humanities citation index (A & HCI), 1975- . With the online backfile, this resource now completely matches the print editions of the three citation indexes.
- WebCASPAR DatabaseProvides easy access to a large body of statistical data resources for science and engineering (S&E) at U.S. academic institutions, including life sciences.
- WebCSD 2006, Users must login with SUNet IDWeb interface to Cambridge Structural Database (CSD) without the need to install client software. Contains published crystallographic data on organic, organometallic, and metal complex structures whose 3D structures have been determined using X-ray diffraction or neutron diffraction.
- Structural analysis tool for scanning structures for functional sites in both proteins and nucleic acids.
- West Nile virus CDCThe Division of Vector-Borne Infectious Diseases of the National Center for Infectious Diseases within the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) presents information on the West Nile Virus, a flavivirus that causes an infection of the brain. The Division describes the history, geographic distribution and classification of the virus.
- West Nile virus maps USGS
- West Nile virus maps (2000) Database
- What patients think of California hospitals Calif Healthc FoundResource is based on PEP-C III (Patients' Evaluation of Performance in California), a survey in quality-of-care, sponsored by the California Institute for Health Systems Performance (CIHSP) and the California HealthCare Foundation. Stanford only committed to surveying their medical and surgical patients for the PEP-C III.
- Wikidoc Fulltext"WikiDoc is the first and largest wiki dedicated to medicine on the Internet. WikiDoc is kept up to date by over 5,000 collaborators around the world. ... There is no pharmaceutical or device industry support for the site. WikiDoc is intended to be a free shared resource for housestaff (in preparation for morning report), medical students (in preparation for morning rounds) and fellows (in preparation for conferences)"--About page.
- Wiley online library DatabaseConsists of a multidisciplinary collection of online resources covering life, health and physical sciences, social science, and the humanities. Includes over 4 million articles from 1500 journals, 9000 books, etc.
- An interactive study aid for human anatomy.
- WISE-MD Database, Users must register with Stanford email address.
- Contains biographical profiles of people from all centuries as well as all countries and regions worldwide. Compiles biographical articles from printed reference works published from the 16th to the 20th century, and reproduces these original documents as facsimile images on the screen.
- World factbook CIA, Current year only
- World news connection Database
- WorldCat OCLCMillions of bibliographic records of any type of material cataloged by OCLC member libraries. Includes manuscripts written as early as the 12th century.
- WorldWideScience.org the global science gateway. Search EngineGlobal science gateway enabling federated searching of national and international scientific databases. Developed and maintained by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information in partnership with the British Library. Covers current findings in fields such as energy, medicine, agriculture, environment, and basic sciences.
- WormBase DatabaseThe principal database for the C. elegans model organism. It stores genetic, genomic and phenotypic data for all strains of C. elegans.
Medicine, Healthcare, Nursing, Biomedicine, Genetics
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)
A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A specialized PubMed search geared towards helping clinicians quickly access systematic reviews.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles.Provides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.A decision support tool that includes guidelines, articles, text books and drug information.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Features topic reviews that include a synthesis of the biomedical literature and specific patient care recommendations.Provides reviews of treatments for over 250 conditions that summarize the related available evidence from systematic reviews, clinical trials, observational studies and clinical practice guidelines.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central registry of Controlled Trials (CCTR) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.A major drug resource providing information organized by drug types, diseases, acute care, toxicology and alternative medicines.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.