- UBC Bioinformatics links directory DatabaseProvides a collection of curated links to molecular resources, tools and databases for bioinformatics.
- UC directory servers Database
- UCSF Tobacco industry audio recordings Internet ArchiveThe University of California, San Francisco Tobacco Control Archives audio collection contains audiotapes related to the advertising, manufacturing, marketing, sales, and scientific research of tobacco products as well as materials gathered and produced by tobacco control advocates.
- UCSF Tobacco industry videos Internet ArchiveThe University of California, San Francisco Tobacco Control Archives Video Collection contains videotapes related to the advertising, manufacturing, marketing, sales, and scientific research of tobacco products as well as materials gathered and produced by tobacco control advocates.
- Ulrich's Periodicals directory Database
- UMLS semantic network Database
- Collates the most recent country-specific data on the spread and impact of the HIV virus, together with information on risky behaviors and health sector response information (e.g. data on people receiving treatment and coverage of HIV counselling and testing).
- UniProt EMBL-EBIUniversal Protein Resource ("UniProt") is the largest provider of data on the proteome of organisms. The data are based on submissions to the DNA sequence databases, as well as varying levels of curation. It is the good way to quickly assess a vast set of protein properties, particularly for species that are not model organisms.
- UniSTS NCBIAn NCBI resource that reports information about markers, or Sequence Tagged Sites (STS).
- This site contains the reference sequence for the human and C. elegans genomes.
- UpToDate Mobile Application, UpToDate for iOS, Users must register through the campus network, download the app, and sign in.Database UpToDate (Firm)UpToDate is a web-based, clinical information resource, designed to provide concise, practical answers to clinical questions. The content is updated quarterly. Nearly 3,000 author physicians continually review the literature for material that is well supported by data and would be useful in a clinical setting. If a medical finding is deemed important, it is then added to the relevant topic review(s) after approval by an internal peer review and by the authors. The content is comprehensive, concise, and fully referenced.
- Urbana atlas of pathology DatabaseAn extensive collection of online pathology images from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. It is a searchable database of pathology images.
- USMLE Step 1 Qbank Database, To request a login, Stanford students contact Mary.Buttner at stanford.eduExamination preparation and subject review for USMLE Step 1 Qbank. Includes over 3,000 questions (2,200 Qbank questions, 1 diagnostic test, 2 full simulated exams).--Website
- USMLE Step 2 CK Qbank Database, To request a login, Stanford students contact Mary.Buttner at stanford.eduExamination preparation and subject review for USMLE Step 2 CK Qbank. Includes over 2,000 questions, 1,200 revised questions, 1 diagnostic test, 2 full-length simulated exams).--Website
Medicine, Healthcare, Nursing, Biomedicine, Genetics
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)
A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A specialized PubMed search geared towards helping clinicians quickly access systematic reviews.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles.Provides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.A decision support tool that includes guidelines, articles, text books and drug information.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Features topic reviews that include a synthesis of the biomedical literature and specific patient care recommendations.Provides reviews of treatments for over 250 conditions that summarize the related available evidence from systematic reviews, clinical trials, observational studies and clinical practice guidelines.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central registry of Controlled Trials (CCTR) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.A major drug resource providing information organized by drug types, diseases, acute care, toxicology and alternative medicines.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.