- Database of bioinformatics databases and software tools.
- Official ABMS directory of board certified medical specialists Am Board Med Spec, Stanford users must registerDigital version includes Who's Certified verification service, which is searchable by Name/Location. The physician certification information located here is updated periodically with data provided by its Member Boards. To authenticate information, contact the respective Member board directly.
- Olfactory receptor database Database
- OncologySTAT Elsevier, --Users must register.Provides registered users with search-based access to fulltext of cancer-related Elsevier journals. Journal browsing by title is not available.
- Oncomine research edition DatabaseA repository of transcriptome profiles used for data-mining and visualization for biomarker and therapeutic target discovery and evaluation.
- Combines the resources of six unique databases, including POPLINE, Photoshare, the Pop Reporter, Health Communication Materials Database, Netlinks and Q&As.
- OneLook dictionaries Database
- OMIA is a database of the genes and phenes that have been documented in a wide range of animal species other than those for which databases already exist (human, rat, and mouse). It covers 206 species. Includes genetic map references (by species), disorders/traits with a known gene/peptide, inborn errors of metabolism, lysosomal storage diseases, inherited bleeding disorders, congenital heart diseases, and dwarfism.--<2004>.
- Online Mendelian inheritance in man DatabaseA catalog of essays reviewing human genetic traits that follow classical Mendelian inheritance patterns. Whenever available information permits, each entry consists of six parts: (1) a preferred designation, and frequently used synonyms, (2) a brief description of the phenotype(s), (3) the nature of the basic defect, (4) a résumé of pertinent genetic information including mapping and molecular genetic details, (5) an exhaustive list and description of known allelic variants, and (6) key references. An attempt has been made to select references that are up to date and/or particularly useful discussions of the genetics involved. The catalog provides a bibliographic guide. OMIM is a full text database searchable by the IRX (tm) software developed by the National Library of Medicine. Access to the database is provided as a service to biomedical professionals by the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine under the sponsorship of the National Institutes of Health and the Department of Energy.A database that features catalogs of autosomal dominant, autosomal recessive, x-linked, y-linked, and mitochondrial phenotypes. Includes information on human genes and genetic disorders.
- Open Access Articles in PubMed by Stanford Authors Execute SearchThe link in this record executes a search of the PubMed database identifying over 11,000 articles by Stanford authors which are included in open access periodicals (i.e. access to the fulltext of the digital version is free of charge).
- Open REGulatory ANNOtation database (ORegAnno) Database, Login requiredThe ORegAnno database stores curated data derived from scientific literature for known gene regulatory elements.
- ORegAnno Database, Login requiredThe ORegAnno database stores curated data derived from scientific literature for known gene regulatory elements.
- The U.S. Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) helps ensure the success and efficiency of the U.S. organ transplant system. Under federal law, all U.S. transplant centers and organ procurement organizations must be members of the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) to receive any funds through Medicare.
- OSH references Can Cent Occup Health SafCCOHS' (Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety) bibliographic databases are an outstanding collection which offer comprehensive coverage of the worldwide occupational health and safety literature.
- Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.
- Ovid Medline Ovid
- Oxford English dictionary DatabaseA complete text of the 2nd. ed. of the Oxford English dictionary with quarterly updates, including revisions not available in any other form.
- Oxford language dictionaries online DatabaseIncludes all of words, phrases, and translations, in French, German, Spanish and Italian from the print dictionaries. Users can search the full A-Z from both sides of the dictionary in Oxford's unabridged bilingual dictionaries: French, German, Spanish, and Italian.
- Oxford Scholarship Online DatabaseOxford Scholarship Online is the Oxford U Press books platform in the areas of Biology, Economics and Finance, Classics, Linguisitics, Political Science, Palliative Care, Psychology, Neuroscience, Religion and more.
Medicine, Healthcare, Nursing, Biomedicine, Genetics
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.