- Named things in chemistry & physics DatabasePeople genealogy trees -- Idea genealogy trees -- Named constants -- Named units of measurement -- Named equations and laws in chemistry -- Concepts not named after people -- Named reagents, catalysts, and compounds -- Structures of named reagents -- Named organic reactions -- Named laboratory apparatus -- First papers in chemistry journals -- Reagent acronyms -- Origins of element names -- Element names in various languages -- Discoverers of elements of periodic table -- Glossaries (IUPAC references) -- Scientific genealogy master list -- Bibliography.
- National brain databank brain tissue gene expression repository. Database, Login requiredPublicly accessible data repository that provides neuroscience investigators with secure access to cohort collections such as the McLean 66. The databank collects and disseminates gene xpression data from microarray experiments on brain tissue samples, along with diagnostic results from postmortem studies of neurological and psychiatric disorders.
- National cancer database DatabaseA joint program of the Commission on Cancer (CoC) and the American Cancer Society (ACS), is a nationwide oncology outcomes database for more than 1,400 Commission-approved cancer programs in the United States and Puerto Rico. Some 75% of all newly diagnosed cases of cancer in the United States are captured at the institutional level and reported to the NCDB. Contains approximately 20 million records from hospital cancer registries across the United States. These data are used to explore trends in cancer care, create regional and state benchmarks for participating hospitals, and to serve as the basis for quality improvement.
- National Cancer Institute Databases for relational-chemical gateway Product DescriptionA public domain file with the structures of the nonproprietary compounds which the NCI has tested that have CAS Registry numbers. MDL improves the quality of these 2D structures, generates models, and builds an index to create its NCI-3D database. Searchable by name, formula, CAS Registry Number, or structure. Also includes ancillary database files (including Hviews) and installation instructions. Contains a total of 213,628 compounds and 212.869 3-D models.
- Database ClinicalResource@OvidProvides access to evidence-based clinical practice guidelines submitted by over 50 health care organizations. Submissions are abstracted into a standardized format to facilitate the creation of tabular comparisons and syntheses of guidelines on similar topics.
- The index to the NLM Classification consists primarily of MeSH concepts used in cataloging. Schedule numbers are added or revised to reflect changes in the biomedical and related sciences. The online edition offers hyperlinks between terms and MeSH Browser and class numbers.
- National Practitioner Data Bank Database
- Native health database DatabaseContains bibliographic information and abstracts of health-related documents pertaining to the health and health care of American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Canadian First Nations.
- A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
- NCBI Gene NCBIIntegrates information from LocusLink and from genes annotated on Reference Sequences from completely sequenced genomes.
- NCBI Genome Database
- NCBI Map viewer NCBI
- NCBI Probe Database
- NCBI protein NCBIThe protein entries in the Entrez search and retrieval system have been compiled from a variety of sources, including SwissProt, PIR, PRF, PDB, and translations from annotated coding regions in GenBank and RefSeq.
- NCBI RefSeq NCBIProvide a comprehensive, integrated, non-redundant set of sequences, including genomic DNA, transcript (RNA), and protein products, for major research organisms.
- NCBI short courses NCBI Bookshelf
- NCBI structure NCBIMMDB is NCBI's database of biomolecular structures, integrated within Entrez.
- TPA sequence is derived or assembled from primary sequence data currently found in the DDBJ/EMBL/GenBank International Nucleotide Sequence Collaboration Databases. Whereas DDBJ/EMBL/GenBank contains primary sequence data and corresponding annotations submitted by the laboratories that did the sequencing, the TPA database contains third-party re-assemblies and/or re-annotations of that primary data.
- NCI Terminology browser Database
- NCI-3D database NLM
- NEJM journal watch 1987-, Mass Med Soc
- Net anatomy Sch Educ SystSite is designed to teach human anatomy to students of the health professions, and to serve to review anatomy for clinical rotations and USMLE preparation.
- NetAnatomy Sch Educ SystSite is designed to teach human anatomy to students of the health professions, and to serve to review anatomy for clinical rotations and USMLE preparation.
- New Books List. Digital (Lane Medical Library). Retrieve January 2015Search retrieves a selective list of new ebooks for recent months. Choose sort by "publish date descending" to see the newest titles first.
- New Books List. Print (Lane Medical Library). Retrieve January 2015Search retrieves a selective list of new acquisitions for recent months. Choose sort by "publish date descending" to see the newest titles first.
- NewsBank full-text newspapers NewsBankNewsBank full-Text newspapers contains complete full-text content of local and regional news, including community events, schools, politics, government policies, cultural activities, local companies, state industries, and people in the community. Paid advertisements are excluded.
- NextBio Database, USERS MUST REGISTERSearch engine specialized in finding and characterizing biological information rather than data; provides a unified interface for researchers to easily formulate and test new hypotheses across vast collections of experimental data, especially for microarray data.
- Contains Federal and State laws/statutes; Federal legislative materials; and Federal administrative and executive materials, including regulations, institutional policies, and executive orders. It includes information on laws and policies related to genetic issues such as: genetic testing and counseling, insurance and employment discrimination, newborn screening, privacy, and confidentiality issues, informed consent, and commercialization and patenting.
- NHS EED assists decision-makers by systematically identifying economic evaluations from around the world, appraising their quality and highlighting their relative strengths and weaknesses. The database contains over 5000 abstracts of quality-assessed economic evaluations.
- Includes a database of health education materials, a service of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) and the National Institutes of Health. Also includes a reference collection of thousands of materials produced for patients and health care professionals, including fact sheets, brochures, and audiovisual materials (not full-text).
- NIH VideoCasting DatabaseThe National Institutes of Health's Center for Information Technology (CIT) makes special NIH events, seminars, and lectures available to viewers on the NIH network and the Internet via the VideoCast web site.
- NLM Catalog (Entrez) NCBIThe NLM Catalog provides access to NLM bibliographic data for journals, books, audiovisuals, computer software, electronic resources, and other materials via the NCBI Entrez retrieval system.
- Provides access to surveys and publications about working women, child health, and labor statistics from 1968 to the present.
- NORD databases DatabaseRare disease database RDB -- Organizational database orgDB -- NORD orphan drug designation database NODD -- Articles database ABD.
- Novoseek Search EngineBiomedical literature search engine that performs entity identification on PubMed to improve filtering and understanding of search results. It also operates on NIH's database of extant grants, CRISP.
- NPR nursing home database DatabaseInteractive database with information about the independence level of residents at nearly 16,000 individual nursing homes around the country, searchable at the county level for each state. Source: NPR analysis of federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services data.
- NTIS product search DatabaseNTIS is the premiere comprehensive provider of documents from all branches of the US Government.
- NucleaRDB stores curated sequences, mutation and ligand binding data for nuclear receptors.
- Nucleotide NCBIA collection of human genome sequences.
- Nursing ... career directory Latest ed. only.
- Nursing home compare DatabaseIncludes information only on nursing homes that are Medicare or Medicaid certified.
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)
A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A specialized PubMed search geared towards helping clinicians quickly access systematic reviews.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles.Provides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.A decision support tool that includes guidelines, articles, text books and drug information.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Features topic reviews that include a synthesis of the biomedical literature and specific patient care recommendations.Provides reviews of treatments for over 250 conditions that summarize the related available evidence from systematic reviews, clinical trials, observational studies and clinical practice guidelines.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central registry of Controlled Trials (CCTR) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.A major drug resource providing information organized by drug types, diseases, acute care, toxicology and alternative medicines.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.