MAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Maize genetics and genomics database Iowa State UnivFocusing on the complete maize resources.
- MaizeGDB : Iowa State UnivFocusing on the complete maize resources.
- Malaria parasite metabolic pathways DatabaseA compilation of Plasmodium metabolic pathway maps culled from general biochemistry sites.
- A multi-institutional effort to identify and sequence cDNA clones containing a full-length open reading frame (FL-ORF) for human, mouse, and rat genes.
- Martindale, The Complete drug reference Truven, Search Martindale via the main Micromedex search screen.
- MAST DatabaseSearches sequence databases using MEME motifs as input.
- MatchMiner DatabaseA tool for determining what are the properties associated with an identifier used in genome or transcriptome studies, such as a Gene ID, UniGene cluster or IMAGE clone ID.
- MathSciNet DatabaseCovers the world's mathematical literature since 1940. Its Author Database identifies authors and possible variations of authors' names as listed in Mathematical Reviews.
- MATLAB Central file exchange WebsiteRepository of MATLAB programs and tutorials contributed by users and developers of MATLAB, Simulink and related MATHWORKS products.
- Mayo Clinic health oasis Database
- MD Consult (Online service) DatabaseMD consult provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.
- MD Consult Mobile MD Consult (Firm), Users must create a personal account in the MDConsult database. iPhone/iTouch/iPad, Android, Blackberry, etc."This mobile version of MD Consult contains a subset of the full desktop version content that has been optimized for mobile usage"--Website.
- MD Consult. Drugs MD Consult"MD Consult drug information is provided by Gold Standard. Includes generic and brand name drugs, investigational medications, nutraceuticals, and nutritional products. FDA Approvals and Safety Notices are added when announced by the US Food and Drug Administration or a specific drug manufacturer"--Website.
- MDCalc Database
- MDConsult. Patient Education Fulltext
- MDLinx WebsiteIncludes specialty-focused websites, providing daily updates of journal and medical news articles in that specialty. Includes links to fulltext and some onsite fulltext. Offers daily email newsletters, discussion lists, and e-commerce offerings.
- MedCalc3000 Stat!Ref
- MedEdPORTAL (AAMC) Database, Users must register. Some resources require special clearance.Site is a free peer-reviewed publication service and repository for medical and oral health teaching materials, assessment tools, and faculty development resources. Users must register. Some resources require special clearance.
- Médic@ 2005-, BIUMIncludes free online access to digitalized copies of works (books, periodicals, theses, articles, manuscripts) important to the history of medicine, mostly from the collections of the Library. Many are old and rare books in various languages. The materials are grouped in various thematic and other collections to facilitate browsing.
- Includes more than 4,600 algorithms (computations, formulas, surveys, or look-up tables, useful in healthcare), arranged in 45 categories.
- Medical eTrack HTML only, export feature is not available.Medical eTrack is the interactive desktop tool designed for executives and analysts active in supplying services to the medical equipment industry. Provides access to market intelligence, news and opinions, and research reports. Provides statistical reports on medical devices. Includes tactical information on market size and share, pipeline products, clinical trials, procedures, and patents.
- Medical meetings finder Database
- Medlantis Database, Users must register and login.An online tool for radiology professionals, educators, and students. Medlantis is organized into individual modules that contain video lectures and links to relevant Thieme eRadiology and RadCases content. It is accessible from any computer, tablet, or phone with internet access.
- MEDLINE Ovid
- MedlinePlus NLM
- MedlinePlus. Drug information Database"Information on herbs and supplements is from Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database Consumer Version. Copyright 1995-2010."
- Includes information from the American Hospital Association on over 6,000 hospitals in the United States, including driving directions from MapQuest.
- Contains past 30 days of news from the New York Times Syndicate, Reuters Health Information and others.
- MedNar Search EngineMednar is a free, publicly available deep web search engine that uses advanced federated search technology to return the most relevant results from over 60 authoritative medical collections.
- MedNews Database
- Medpedia DatabaseCreated in association with Harvard Medical School, Stanford School of Medicine, Berkeley School of Public Health, University of Michigan Medical School and other leading global health organizations, Medpedia is an online medical encyclopedia relying on user-generated content from anyone with an M.D. or a Ph.D. in a biomedical field.
- MedPix : USUHSContains over 20,000 images from 5500 peer reviewed and approved cases. Teaching files have a Quiz Mode and allow search by ACR codes.
- Medscape Mobile Application, Various platformsDatabase Free but Users must register and login (existing accounts are valid) Medscape"Medscape Reference is the most authoritative and accessible point-of-care medical reference for physicians and health care professionals. All content is available free of charge, both online and via mobile devices. Medscape Reference articles represent the expertise and practical knowledge of top physicians and pharmacists from leading academic medical centers in the US and worldwide. In addition, our rigorous literature survey process allows us to rapidly integrate new practice-changing information into the relevant topics by systematically reviewing the major medical and pharmacy journals, news announcements, and important practice guidelines"--Website.
- Medscape reference Mobile Application, Various platformsDatabase Free but Users must register and login (existing accounts are valid) Medscape"Medscape Reference is the most authoritative and accessible point-of-care medical reference for physicians and health care professionals. All content is available free of charge, both online and via mobile devices. Medscape Reference articles represent the expertise and practical knowledge of top physicians and pharmacists from leading academic medical centers in the US and worldwide. In addition, our rigorous literature survey process allows us to rapidly integrate new practice-changing information into the relevant topics by systematically reviewing the major medical and pharmacy journals, news announcements, and important practice guidelines"--Website.
- MedWatch FDAMedWatch, the FDA Safety Information and Adverse Events Reporting Program, serves both healthcare professionals and the medical product-using public. Provides clinical information about safety issues involving medical products, including drugs, biologics, medical and radiation-emitting devices, and special nutritional products. Allows healthcare professionals and consumers to report adverse events and problems to the FDA and/or manufacturer.
- Melvyl (UC Libraries Catalog) Database
- Mental health services locator Database
- Test reviews online Ovid
- Merriam-Webster online Database
- MeSH browser MeSH browser
- MetaCore TO REQUEST A LOGIN: send name, Stanford or Stanfordmed email, title and research area to email@example.com, Users must request a login. Limited to 3 concurrent users, logoff when finished.MetaCore is an integrated software suite for functional analysis of experimental data based on a curated database of human protein-protein, protein-DNA interactions, transcription factors, signaling and metabolic pathways, disease and toxicity, and the effects of bioactive molecules.
- MetaDB Database ListMetaDB is a database of biological databases.
- MGC NIHA multi-institutional effort to identify and sequence cDNA clones containing a full-length open reading frame (FL-ORF) for human, mouse, and rat genes.
- MICAD NCBI BookshelfThis searchable database is a collection of in vivo molecular imaging agents developed for positron emission tomography (PET), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US), computed tomography (CT), and optical imaging. MICAD, a key component of the "Molecular Libraries and Imaging" program of the NIH Roadmap, is being developed by NCBI, the National Center for Biotechnology Information".
- Micromedex (2.0) TruvenDrug Interactions -- Trissel's 2 IV Compatibility -- Drug Identification -- Tox & Drug Product Lookup -- Drug Comparison -- Calculators -- CareNotes.
- Database Truven"Concise, customizable materials [that] address patient condition, treatment, laboratory tests, follow-up care, psychosocial issues, continuing health, and the most frequently administered drugs ... available in English, Spanish, and 13 additional languages."
- Micromedex (2.0). Drug identification Truven, Search Drug identification via the main Micromedex search screen.Search to identify a tablet, caplet, or capsule using imprint code, color, shape, and pattern. The imprint code is searched via the Identidex System.
- Micromedex (2.0). Lab topic search Truven, Search Lab topic search via the main Micromedex search screen.Provides search for synonyms, reference ranges, indications, common panels, drug/lab interactions, abnormal results, test complications, clinical notes, contraindications, collection/storage information, test definition or methodology, LOINC codes, etc.
- Micromedex Drug Information Mobile Application, iPhone/iPod touch/iPadThe app contains the Micromedex DRUGPoints information, the Summary Drug Information, as it is called in Micromedex 1.0. It is completely loaded on the device. Over 1,400 drug monographs on FDA-approved drugs are accessible by generic drug name (includes selected combination products), trade name and therapeutic class.Also includes: black box warnings, adult dosage, pediatric dosage, dose adjustments, indications (differentiated as “FDA labeled” and “non-FDA labeled”), administration, monitoring, how supplied, contraindications, precautions, adverse effects (separated into “common” and “serious”), drug interactions, pregnancy category, breast feeding, mechanism of action, pharmacokinetics, and toxicology.
- Micromedex Drug Interactions Mobile Application, iPhone/iPod touch/iPad"With Drug Interactions, clinicians can check a patient entire medication list simultaneously for potentially harmful interactions and view severity ratings that range from contraindicated to minor. This app provides insight into: Why the drugs in question interact, how the results of those interactions will present in the patient, recommendations for monitoring patient outcomes"--Website.
- Micromedex. 2.0, AltMedDex Truven, Search AltMedDex via the main Micromedex search box.AltMedDex offers evidence-based, clinical information on complementary & alternative medicines. AltMedDex includes: dosing information; synonyms; pharmacokinetics; contraindications, adverse reactions, drug interactions; place in therapy; mechanism of action; therapeutic uses; and comparative efficacy.
- MInd: the meetings index InterDok
- Mintel reports Stanf UnivOff-campus access instruction Stanf UnivOffers research reports covering European, UK-specific, and US consumer markets. The reports analyse market drivers, sizes and trends, market segmentation, along with consumer attitudes and purchasing habits. The reports are supplemented by brief digests of relevant recent events, UK and US demographic and economic statistics and useful lists.
- miRBase sequences DatabaseRepository of miRNA sequences and annotations
- miRNAMap DatabaseAn integrated database that stores known miRNA genes, putative miRNA genes, known miRNA targets and putative miRNA targets.
- MMDB NCBIMMDB is NCBI's database of biomolecular structures, integrated within Entrez.
- Molecular imaging and contrast agent database NCBI BookshelfThis searchable database is a collection of in vivo molecular imaging agents developed for positron emission tomography (PET), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US), computed tomography (CT), and optical imaging. MICAD, a key component of the "Molecular Libraries and Imaging" program of the NIH Roadmap, is being developed by NCBI, the National Center for Biotechnology Information".
- Molecular signatures database Database
- Searches sequence databases using MEME motifs as input.
- Mouse atlas project 2.0 DatabaseDatabase for the comparison of gene expression patterns correlated with anatomic and molecular information for the C57BL/6J mouse brain.
- Mouse genome informatics Jackson Lab
- MPromDb DatabaseDatabase of gene promoters combined with experimentally supported annotation of transcription start sites (TSS), cis-regulatory elements, CpG islands and ChIP-chip experimental for mouse, rat and human. Results are provided using intuitive visualizations.
- MutDB DatabaseMutDB is a gene-centric integration of human variation data with protein structural information and other functionally relevant information, if available.
- MyiLibrary (Online service) Database
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.