- Maize genetics and genomics database Iowa State UnivFocusing on the complete maize resources.
- MaizeGDB : Maize genetics and genomics database Iowa State UnivFocusing on the complete maize resources.
- Malaria parasite metabolic pathways DatabaseA compilation of Plasmodium metabolic pathway maps culled from general biochemistry sites.
- A multi-institutional effort to identify and sequence cDNA clones containing a full-length open reading frame (FL-ORF) for human, mouse, and rat genes.
- Martindale, The Complete drug reference Truven, Search Martindale via the main Micromedex search screen.
- MAST DatabaseSearches sequence databases using MEME motifs as input.
- MatchMiner DatabaseA tool for determining what are the properties associated with an identifier used in genome or transcriptome studies, such as a Gene ID, UniGene cluster or IMAGE clone ID.
- MathSciNet DatabaseCovers the world's mathematical literature since 1940. Its Author Database identifies authors and possible variations of authors' names as listed in Mathematical Reviews.
- MATLAB Central file exchange WebsiteRepository of MATLAB programs and tutorials contributed by users and developers of MATLAB, Simulink and related MATHWORKS products.
- Mayo Clinic health oasis Database
- MDLinx WebsiteIncludes specialty-focused websites, providing daily updates of journal and medical news articles in that specialty. Includes links to fulltext and some onsite fulltext. Offers daily email newsletters, discussion lists, and e-commerce offerings.
- MedCalc3000 Stat!Ref
- MedEdPORTAL (AAMC) Database, Users must register. Some resources require special clearance.Site is a free peer-reviewed publication service and repository for medical and oral health teaching materials, assessment tools, and faculty development resources. Users must register. Some resources require special clearance.
- Médic@ 2005-, BIUMIncludes free online access to digitalized copies of works (books, periodicals, theses, articles, manuscripts) important to the history of medicine, mostly from the collections of the Library. Many are old and rare books in various languages. The materials are grouped in various thematic and other collections to facilitate browsing.
- Includes more than 4,600 algorithms (computations, formulas, surveys, or look-up tables, useful in healthcare), arranged in 45 categories.
- Medical eTrack HTML only, export feature is not available.Medical eTrack is the interactive desktop tool designed for executives and analysts active in supplying services to the medical equipment industry. Provides access to market intelligence, news and opinions, and research reports. Provides statistical reports on medical devices. Includes tactical information on market size and share, pipeline products, clinical trials, procedures, and patents.
- Medical meetings finder Database
- Medlantis Database, Users must register and login.An online tool for radiology professionals, educators, and students. Medlantis is organized into individual modules that contain video lectures and links to relevant Thieme eRadiology and RadCases content. It is accessible from any computer, tablet, or phone with internet access.
- MEDLINE Ovid
- MedlinePlus NLM
- MedlinePlus. Drug information Database"Information on herbs and supplements is from Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database Consumer Version. Copyright 1995-2010."
- Contains past 30 days of news from the New York Times Syndicate, Reuters Health Information and others.
- MedNar deep web medical search. Search EngineMednar is a free, publicly available deep web search engine that uses advanced federated search technology to return the most relevant results from over 60 authoritative medical collections.
- MedNews Database
- Medpedia DatabaseCreated in association with Harvard Medical School, Stanford School of Medicine, Berkeley School of Public Health, University of Michigan Medical School and other leading global health organizations, Medpedia is an online medical encyclopedia relying on user-generated content from anyone with an M.D. or a Ph.D. in a biomedical field.
- Contains over 20,000 images from 5500 peer reviewed and approved cases. Teaching files have a Quiz Mode and allow search by ACR codes.
- Medscape Mobile Application, Various platformsDatabase Free but Users must register and login (existing accounts are valid) Medscape"Medscape Reference is the most authoritative and accessible point-of-care medical reference for physicians and health care professionals. All content is available free of charge, both online and via mobile devices. Medscape Reference articles represent the expertise and practical knowledge of top physicians and pharmacists from leading academic medical centers in the US and worldwide. In addition, our rigorous literature survey process allows us to rapidly integrate new practice-changing information into the relevant topics by systematically reviewing the major medical and pharmacy journals, news announcements, and important practice guidelines"--Website.
- Medscape reference drugs, diseases & procedures. Mobile Application, Various platformsDatabase Free but Users must register and login (existing accounts are valid) Medscape"Medscape Reference is the most authoritative and accessible point-of-care medical reference for physicians and health care professionals. All content is available free of charge, both online and via mobile devices. Medscape Reference articles represent the expertise and practical knowledge of top physicians and pharmacists from leading academic medical centers in the US and worldwide. In addition, our rigorous literature survey process allows us to rapidly integrate new practice-changing information into the relevant topics by systematically reviewing the major medical and pharmacy journals, news announcements, and important practice guidelines"--Website.
- MedWatch, the FDA Safety Information and Adverse Events Reporting Program, serves both healthcare professionals and the medical product-using public. Provides clinical information about safety issues involving medical products, including drugs, biologics, medical and radiation-emitting devices, and special nutritional products. Allows healthcare professionals and consumers to report adverse events and problems to the FDA and/or manufacturer.
- Melvyl (UC Libraries Catalog) Database
- Mental health services locator Database
- Test reviews online Ovid
- MeSH browser MeSH browser
- MetaCore TO REQUEST A LOGIN: send name, Stanford or Stanfordmed email, title and research area to email@example.com, Users must request a login. Limited to 3 concurrent users, logoff when finished.MetaCore is an integrated software suite for functional analysis of experimental data based on a curated database of human protein-protein, protein-DNA interactions, transcription factors, signaling and metabolic pathways, disease and toxicity, and the effects of bioactive molecules.
- MetaDB a metadatabase for the biological sciences. Database ListMetaDB is a database of biological databases.
- MGC NIHA multi-institutional effort to identify and sequence cDNA clones containing a full-length open reading frame (FL-ORF) for human, mouse, and rat genes.
- MICAD NCBI BookshelfThis searchable database is a collection of in vivo molecular imaging agents developed for positron emission tomography (PET), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US), computed tomography (CT), and optical imaging. MICAD, a key component of the "Molecular Libraries and Imaging" program of the NIH Roadmap, is being developed by NCBI, the National Center for Biotechnology Information".
- Micromedex (2.0) TruvenDrug Interactions -- Trissel's 2 IV Compatibility -- Drug Identification -- Tox & Drug Product Lookup -- Drug Comparison -- Calculators -- CareNotes.
- "Concise, customizable materials [that] address patient condition, treatment, laboratory tests, follow-up care, psychosocial issues, continuing health, and the most frequently administered drugs ... available in English, Spanish, and 13 additional languages."
- Micromedex (2.0). Drug identification Truven, Search Drug identification via the main Micromedex search screen.Search to identify a tablet, caplet, or capsule using imprint code, color, shape, and pattern. The imprint code is searched via the Identidex System.
- Micromedex (2.0). Lab topic search Truven, Search Lab topic search via the main Micromedex search screen.Provides search for synonyms, reference ranges, indications, common panels, drug/lab interactions, abnormal results, test complications, clinical notes, contraindications, collection/storage information, test definition or methodology, LOINC codes, etc.
- Micromedex Drug Interactions Mobile Application, iPhone/iPod touch/iPad"With Drug Interactions, clinicians can check a patient entire medication list simultaneously for potentially harmful interactions and view severity ratings that range from contraindicated to minor. This app provides insight into: Why the drugs in question interact, how the results of those interactions will present in the patient, recommendations for monitoring patient outcomes"--Website.
- Micromedex. 2.0, AltMedDex Truven, Search AltMedDex via the main Micromedex search box.AltMedDex offers evidence-based, clinical information on complementary & alternative medicines. AltMedDex includes: dosing information; synonyms; pharmacokinetics; contraindications, adverse reactions, drug interactions; place in therapy; mechanism of action; therapeutic uses; and comparative efficacy.
- Mintel reports Stanf UnivOff-campus access instruction Stanf UnivOffers research reports covering European, UK-specific, and US consumer markets. The reports analyse market drivers, sizes and trends, market segmentation, along with consumer attitudes and purchasing habits. The reports are supplemented by brief digests of relevant recent events, UK and US demographic and economic statistics and useful lists.
- miRBase sequences DatabaseRepository of miRNA sequences and annotations
- miRNAMap DatabaseAn integrated database that stores known miRNA genes, putative miRNA genes, known miRNA targets and putative miRNA targets.
- MMDB NCBIMMDB is NCBI's database of biomolecular structures, integrated within Entrez.
- Molecular imaging and contrast agent database NCBI BookshelfThis searchable database is a collection of in vivo molecular imaging agents developed for positron emission tomography (PET), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US), computed tomography (CT), and optical imaging. MICAD, a key component of the "Molecular Libraries and Imaging" program of the NIH Roadmap, is being developed by NCBI, the National Center for Biotechnology Information".
- Molecular signatures database Database
- Searches sequence databases using MEME motifs as input.
- Mouse atlas project 2.0 DatabaseDatabase for the comparison of gene expression patterns correlated with anatomic and molecular information for the C57BL/6J mouse brain.
- Mouse genome informatics Jackson Lab
- MPromDb mammalian promoter database. DatabaseDatabase of gene promoters combined with experimentally supported annotation of transcription start sites (TSS), cis-regulatory elements, CpG islands and ChIP-chip experimental for mouse, rat and human. Results are provided using intuitive visualizations.
- MutDB DatabaseMutDB is a gene-centric integration of human variation data with protein structural information and other functionally relevant information, if available.
- MyiLibrary (Online service) Database
Medicine, Healthcare, Nursing, Biomedicine, Genetics
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)
A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A specialized PubMed search geared towards helping clinicians quickly access systematic reviews.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles.Provides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.A decision support tool that includes guidelines, articles, text books and drug information.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Features topic reviews that include a synthesis of the biomedical literature and specific patient care recommendations.Provides reviews of treatments for over 250 conditions that summarize the related available evidence from systematic reviews, clinical trials, observational studies and clinical practice guidelines.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central registry of Controlled Trials (CCTR) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.A major drug resource providing information organized by drug types, diseases, acute care, toxicology and alternative medicines.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.