- Galaxy combines genome annotation databases with a set of highly-integrated analytical tools to enable users to easily search remote resources, combine data from independent queries and analyses, and visualize the results.
- Gale Directory of databases GALE Ready Ref, Latest edition only
- Gale's Ready reference shelf DatabaseProvides integrated access to more than a quarter million entries from the databases of thirteen of Gale Research's most popular reference directories.
- Gallica (Online service) GallicaGallica is a digital library of French and francophone culture maintained by the Bibliothèque nationale de France. It contains numerous electronic texts, images, maps, animation, and sound files of French and other publications in history, literature, science, philosophy, law, economics, and political science.
- GeMCRIS allows users to access an array of information about human gene transfer trials registered with the NIH, including medical conditions under study, institutions where trials are being conducted, investigators carrying out these trials, gene products being used, route of gene product delivery, and summaries of study protocols.
- GenAge database DatabaseGenAge is a curated database of genes related to ageing. GenAge is divided into genes related to longevity and/or ageing in model organisms, and ageing-related human genes.
- GenBank NCBIA genetic sequence database, an annotated collection of all publicly available DNA sequences.
- Gene aging nexus DatabaseA database for the analysis, querying, and visualisation of aging-related genomic data in human (H. sapiens), rat (R. norvegicus), mouse (M. musculus), "fly" (D. melanogaster), "worm" (C. elegans), and yeast (S. cerevisiae).
- Gene expression atlas DatabaseA repository of microarray gene expression measurements maintained by the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation . The atlas is aimed at profiling gene expression in a large number of tissues from Mus musculus and Homo sapiens .
- A gene expression and hybridization array data repository, as well as a curated, online resource for gene expression data browsing, query and retrieval.
- Gene ontology DatabaseThe Gene Ontology project provides a set of controlled vocabularies to describe gene and gene product attributes in any organism.
- Gene ontology term finder (SGD) Stanf UnivAnalyzes a list of gene IDs provided by e.g. gene expression data to find GO terms (or their parents) that occur at unexpectedly high frequency to identify commonalities between genes.
- GeneCards Weizmann Institute
- GenePattern FulltextProvides scientific workflow platform for more than 100 genomic analysis tools for gene expression, SNP analysis and proteomics.
- GeneTests DatabaseGeneReviews are expert-authored, peer-reviewed, current disease descriptions that apply genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients and families with specific inherited conditions. The GeneTests Web site is a publicly funded medical genetics information resource providing current, authoritative information on genetic testing and its use in diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling.
- Provides timely resources, tools, and tips. It also provides a robust document repository service that aggregates the combined resources of advocates, healthcare professionals, government agencies, think tanks and other contributors.
- Genetics computer group Analytical ToolHelp Page Login requiredThe package is a vast collection of high-quality biological analysis tools and databases
- The National Library of Medicine's web site for consumer information about genetic conditions and the genes responsible for those conditions.
- GENEVAR GENe Expression VARiation. DatabaseProvides a microarray-based genome-wide gene expression measurements in the HapMap samples.
- Genome Trax Database, Users must register and login.Genome Trax enables the identification of functionally significant human genome variations by mapping NGS (next-generation sequencing) data to known elements such as regulatory sites and disease mutations.
- Data repository for the GENSAT project, which aims to map the expression of genes in the central nervous system of the mouse, using both in situ hybridization and transgenic mouse techniques.
- GEO NCBIA gene expression and hybridization array data repository, as well as a curated, online resource for gene expression data browsing, query and retrieval.
- GEO datasets NCBI
- GIDEON (Global Infectious Disease and Epidemiology Network), a global infectious disease knowledge management tool. It is a decision support system for infectious diseases that also helps clinicians stay current on the latest trends in epidemiology and treatment.
- Global books in print BowkerIncludes the new Books in Print. Provides information on books, audio books, and videos. Ability to search by country (as target market) for English- and Spanish-languages titles. Contains Bowker's Publisher Authority, Awards, Bestsellers, and Author Biography databases as well as children's books, fiction and forthcoming books.
- Global health facts Kais Fam FoundProvides data by country on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and other key health and socio-econmic indicators.
- Global library of women's medicine DatabaseThe Global Library of Women's Medicine is a unique web library incorporating a vast range of detailed clinical information across women's medicine. It consists of 442 main chapters and 53 supplementary chapters, supported by over 40,000 references, which will be kept permanently up-to-date. The chapters have been written by more than 650 specialists and will reflect some of the very best worldwide opinion.
- Globalhealthfacts.org Kais Fam FoundProvides data by country on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and other key health and socio-econmic indicators.
- "Provides contemporary estimates of the incidence of, mortality and prevalence from major types of cancer, at national level, for 184 countries of the world. The GLOBOCAN estimates are presented for 2012, separately for each sex. 1-, 3- and 5-year prevalence data are available for the adult population only (ages 15 and over)."--Website.
- Glossary of genetic terms Mobile Application, iPhone/iPod touch/iPadFulltext (English) NHGRIThis alphabetical list includes for each term a pronunciation key, audio commentary, images, and links to related terms.
- GOLD genomes online database. Database
- Google (Encrypted version)Google is a popular search engine ... indexing over 8 billion web pages. [pending]
- Google scholar Database"Google scholar enables you to search specifically for scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports from all broad areas of research."
- Google. Stanford Medicine FulltextThis Google Search Appliance covers the Stanford University Medical Center. This is the same search box that appears on the School of Medicine's homepage.
- Google. Stanford University DatabaseThis Google Search Appliance searches pages within stanford.edu.
- GoPubMed Database
- GPCRDB stores curated sequences, mutation and ligand binding data for G-coupled protein receptors (GPCRs).
- GPO access Database
- A curated, open-source, Web-accessible data resource for comparative genome analysis in the grasses. Created to facilitate the study of cross-species homology relationships using information derived from public projects involved in genomic and EST sequencing, protein structure and function analysis, genetic and physical mapping, interpretation of biochemical pathways, gene and QTL localization and descriptions of phenotypic characters and mutations.
- Grants & funding AAAS
- Grants for science education Latest ed. only, HHMI
- Grants.gov DHHS
- GrantsNet (United States. Dept. of Health and Human Services) providing grant information to current and prospective HHS grantees. DHHS
- GT database DatabaseGTDB and its associated Glycosylation Pathways pages provide a graphical interface for navigating the universe of enzymes involved in glycosylation.
- Guide to poisonous plants Database
Medicine, Healthcare, Nursing, Biomedicine, Genetics
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)
A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A specialized PubMed search geared towards helping clinicians quickly access systematic reviews.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles.Provides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.A decision support tool that includes guidelines, articles, text books and drug information.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Features topic reviews that include a synthesis of the biomedical literature and specific patient care recommendations.Provides reviews of treatments for over 250 conditions that summarize the related available evidence from systematic reviews, clinical trials, observational studies and clinical practice guidelines.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central registry of Controlled Trials (CCTR) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.A major drug resource providing information organized by drug types, diseases, acute care, toxicology and alternative medicines.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.