GAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Galaxy combines genome annotation databases with a set of highly-integrated analytical tools to enable users to easily search remote resources, combine data from independent queries and analyses, and visualize the results.
- Gale Directory of databases GALE Ready Ref, Latest edition only
- Gale's Ready reference shelf DatabaseProvides integrated access to more than a quarter million entries from the databases of thirteen of Gale Research's most popular reference directories.
- Gallica (Online service) GallicaGallica is a digital library of French and francophone culture maintained by the Bibliothèque nationale de France. It contains numerous electronic texts, images, maps, animation, and sound files of French and other publications in history, literature, science, philosophy, law, economics, and political science.
- GeMCRIS allows users to access an array of information about human gene transfer trials registered with the NIH, including medical conditions under study, institutions where trials are being conducted, investigators carrying out these trials, gene products being used, route of gene product delivery, and summaries of study protocols.
- GenAge database DatabaseGenAge is a curated database of genes related to ageing. GenAge is divided into genes related to longevity and/or ageing in model organisms, and ageing-related human genes.
- GenBank NCBIA genetic sequence database, an annotated collection of all publicly available DNA sequences.
- Gene aging nexus DatabaseA database for the analysis, querying, and visualisation of aging-related genomic data in human (H. sapiens), rat (R. norvegicus), mouse (M. musculus), "fly" (D. melanogaster), "worm" (C. elegans), and yeast (S. cerevisiae).
- Gene expression atlas DatabaseA repository of microarray gene expression measurements maintained by the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation . The atlas is aimed at profiling gene expression in a large number of tissues from Mus musculus and Homo sapiens .
- A gene expression and hybridization array data repository, as well as a curated, online resource for gene expression data browsing, query and retrieval.
- Gene ontology DatabaseThe Gene Ontology project provides a set of controlled vocabularies to describe gene and gene product attributes in any organism.
- GeneCards Weizmann Institute
- GenePattern FulltextProvides scientific workflow platform for more than 100 genomic analysis tools for gene expression, SNP analysis and proteomics.
- GeneTests DatabaseGeneReviews are expert-authored, peer-reviewed, current disease descriptions that apply genetic testing to the diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling of patients and families with specific inherited conditions.The GeneTests Web site is a publicly funded medical genetics information resource providing current, authoritative information on genetic testing and its use in diagnosis, management, and genetic counseling.
- Provides timely resources, tools, and tips. It also provides a robust document repository service that aggregates the combined resources of advocates, healthcare professionals, government agencies, think tanks and other contributors.
- Genetics computer group Analytical ToolHelp Page Login requiredThe package is a vast collection of high-quality biological analysis tools and databases
- The National Library of Medicine's web site for consumer information about genetic conditions and the genes responsible for those conditions.
- GENEVAR GENe Expression VARiation. DatabaseProvides a microarray-based genome-wide gene expression measurements in the HapMap samples.
- Genome Trax Database, Users must register and login.Genome Trax enables the identification of functionally significant human genome variations by mapping NGS (next-generation sequencing) data to known elements such as regulatory sites and disease mutations.
- Data repository for the GENSAT project, which aims to map the expression of genes in the central nervous system of the mouse, using both in situ hybridization and transgenic mouse techniques.
- GEO NCBIA gene expression and hybridization array data repository, as well as a curated, online resource for gene expression data browsing, query and retrieval.
- GEO datasets NCBI
- GIDEON (Global Infectious Disease and Epidemiology Network), a global infectious disease knowledge management tool. It is a decision support system for infectious diseases that also helps clinicians stay current on the latest trends in epidemiology and treatment.
- Global books in print BowkerIncludes the new Books in Print. Provides information on books, audio books, and videos. Ability to search by country (as target market) for English- and Spanish-languages titles. Contains Bowker's Publisher Authority, Awards, Bestsellers, and Author Biography databases as well as children's books, fiction and forthcoming books.
- Global health facts Kais Fam FoundProvides data by country on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and other key health and socio-econmic indicators.
- Global library of women's medicine DatabaseThe Global Library of Women's Medicine is a unique web library incorporating a vast range of detailed clinical information across women's medicine. It consists of 442 main chapters and 53 supplementary chapters, supported by over 40,000 references, which will be kept permanently up-to-date. The chapters have been written by more than 650 specialists and will reflect some of the very best worldwide opinion.
- Globalhealthfacts.org Kais Fam FoundProvides data by country on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and other key health and socio-econmic indicators.
- "Provides contemporary estimates of the incidence of, mortality and prevalence from major types of cancer, at national level, for 184 countries of the world. The GLOBOCAN estimates are presented for 2012, separately for each sex. 1-, 3- and 5-year prevalence data are available for the adult population only (ages 15 and over)."--Website.
- Mobile Application iPhone/iPod touch/iPadThis alphabetical list includes for each term a pronunciation key, audio commentary, images, and links to related terms.
- GOLD genomes online database. Database
- Google DatabaseGoogle is a popular search engine ... indexing over 8 billion web pages. [pending]
- Google scholar Database"Google scholar enables you to search specifically for scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports from all broad areas of research."
- Google. Stanford Medicine FulltextThis Google Search Appliance covers the Stanford University Medical Center. This is the same search box that appears on the School of Medicine's homepage.
- Google. Stanford University DatabaseThis Google Search Appliance searches pages within stanford.edu.
- GoPubMed Database
- GPCRDB stores curated sequences, mutation and ligand binding data for G-coupled protein receptors (GPCRs).
- GPO access Database
- A curated, open-source, Web-accessible data resource for comparative genome analysis in the grasses. Created to facilitate the study of cross-species homology relationships using information derived from public projects involved in genomic and EST sequencing, protein structure and function analysis, genetic and physical mapping, interpretation of biochemical pathways, gene and QTL localization and descriptions of phenotypic characters and mutations.
- Grants & funding AAAS
- Grants for science education Latest ed. only, HHMI
- Grants.gov DHHS
- GrantsNet (United States. Dept. of Health and Human Services) providing grant information to current and prospective HHS grantees. DHHS
- GT database DatabaseGTDB and its associated Glycosylation Pathways pages provide a graphical interface for navigating the universe of enzymes involved in glycosylation.
- Guide to poisonous plants Database
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.