- F1000 DatabaseF1000 is a post-publication peer review service that highlights and evaluates the most interesting articles published in the biomedical sciences, based on the recommendations of a faculty of over 10,000 of the world's leading scientists and clinicians. F1000 also includes an open access repository of conference posters, as well asThe Scientist, a magazine of the life sciences, and 2 open access journals, the F1000 Reports, which are peer-reviewed commentaries on emerging themes in Biology and Medicine.
- F1000 is a post-publication peer review service that highlights and evaluates the most interesting articles published in the biomedical sciences, based on the recommendations of a faculty of over 10,000 of the world's leading scientists and clinicians. F1000 also includes an open access repository of conference posters, as well asThe Scientist, a magazine of the life sciences, and 2 open access journals, the F1000 Reports, which are peer-reviewed commentaries on emerging themes in Biology and Medicine.
- familydoctor.org WebsiteIncludes patient-oriented information, such as Conditions A-Z, understanding health insurance, managing your healthcare, reproductive health, healthy living, common conditions in older adults, OTC (over-the-counter) medicines, etc. It also includes sections for men, women, and parents/kids.
- Fastlane DatabaseFastLane is an experimental program utilizing advanced technology to re-design and streamline the way NSF does business. The National Science Foundation plans to handle all of the grantsmaking process electronically by October 2000.
- The FDA Substance Registration System database is searchable by substance name or by Unique Ingredient Identifier (UNII). Search results include links to related NLM resources ChemIDplus and DrugPortal.
- Federal R&D project summaries DatabaseA Dept. of Energy website providing links to information about federal research projects, complete with full-text single-query searching across databases residing at different agencies, based on research summary and awards data from the Dept. of Energy, the National Institutes of Health, and the National Science Foundation.
- Fedstats DatabaseProvides access to statistics and information produced by U.S. government agencies.
- Finding people at UCSF and beyond Database
- FirstConsult [mobile] MD Consult (Firm), Users must create a personal account in the MDConsult database using a desktop or laptop, download from the App store, click the account option, and login with their MDConsult username and password.The app includes the Medical Topics section of the Web version.
- FirstSearch WorldCat OCLCMillions of bibliographic records of any type of material cataloged by OCLC member libraries. Includes manuscripts written as early as the 12th century.
- fmCASES Database, Users must register with Stanford email address.
- FreeTranslation DatabaseSite will translate from English into Spanish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, and Portuguese. It will also translate into English from Spanish, French and German.
- FREIDA Online AMAFREIDA Online is a database with over 9,300 graduate medical education programs accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) as well as over 100 combined specialty programs.
- Future Medicine (Online service) Database"Future Medicine Ltd has developed an innovative publishing portfolio to reflect the advances in postgenomic medicine and to guide best clinical practice in modern medicine."--Publisher's website.
Medicine, Healthcare, Nursing, Biomedicine, Genetics
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)
A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A specialized PubMed search geared towards helping clinicians quickly access systematic reviews.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles.Provides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.A decision support tool that includes guidelines, articles, text books and drug information.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Features topic reviews that include a synthesis of the biomedical literature and specific patient care recommendations.Provides reviews of treatments for over 250 conditions that summarize the related available evidence from systematic reviews, clinical trials, observational studies and clinical practice guidelines.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central registry of Controlled Trials (CCTR) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.A major drug resource providing information organized by drug types, diseases, acute care, toxicology and alternative medicines.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.