- BabelFish DatabaseProvided by AltaVista Co. Allows users to translate items from English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese into other languages.
- The Library has a collection of stereographic image pairs (slide negatives and digitized images) by human body regions commonly called the Bassett Collection. Digitized versions of the originals were made available by Lane Medical Library in Nov. 2008. These include the original photographs and some radiographs, each pair with diagrams and explanatory legends. The legends have also been updated with modernized terminology. The Latin terminology is viewable, but only the English translations, as well as MeSH, are searchable in separate records for individual image.
- Bassett interactive, annotated Atlas of human anatomy Download software, Stanford users must download software to view fulltextInteractive digital atlas eHuman
- BenefitsCheckUp Website
- Bentham open (Online service) Bentham OpenIncludes <250> peer-reviewed, open access journals. These free-to-view online journals cover all major disciplines of science, technology, and medicine.
- BHPR Shortage designation Database
- BIND Database, Users need to register for a free accountOne of the main repositories for the storage of curated descriptions of protein interactions, molecular complexes and pathways.
- Binding interface database Database
- BindingDB Binding database. DatabaseDatabase of experimentally-determined binding affinities of protein-ligand complexes, including small molecule ligands.
- Bio-protocol DatabaseAims to provide life science researchers with a comprehensive collection of experimental protocols free of charge. Each biomedical protocol published on our website bears high standards in quality and provides accurate and detailed guidance which allows even rookie researchers to easily repeat experiments.
- BIOBASE Knowledge Library (Formerly called Proteome)BIOBASE knowledge(R) library is a suite of databases updated weekly and focused on protein information in the published biological literature. The suite of databases focuses on mammalian species, model organisms, and human fungal pathogens in: HumanPSD - Proteome Survey DB for information on human, mouse, and rat proteins. GPCR-PD - G Protein-coupled Receptors DB for human, mouse & rat proteins, their ligands & downstream signaling molecules. YPD - Model organism S. cerevisiae. PombePD - Model organism S. pombe. WormPD - Model organism C. elegans. MycoPathPD - Human fungal pathogen DB.
- BIOBASE. Genome Trax Database, Users must register and login.Genome Trax enables the identification of functionally significant human genome variations by mapping NGS (next-generation sequencing) data to known elements such as regulatory sites and disease mutations.
- Biochemical pathways DatabaseA biochemical pathways database searchable by keyword or partial word. When a match is found, you will be given a list of all matching entries of the Biochemical Pathways index of Boehringer Mannheim, with links to all maps of Biochemical Pathways in which the entry appears. This links also contains links to the ENZYME database.
- BioCyc database collection Database ListBioCyc is a collection of hundreds of Pathway/Genome Databases covering mostly prokaryotes, each of which describing the genome and metabolic pathways of a single organism. Most of these databases are computationally generated, but two are generated by an extensive curation process
- Biography and genealogy master index 2001-, GaleProvides consolidated index only to Gale Group's over 13.6 million biographical sketches indexed from approximately 2700 volumes and editions of 60-90 current and retrospective biographical dictionaries, including new titles as well as new editions of previously indexed sources. The actual sketches are not available in this interface. Useful in finding birth and death dates as well as name variations.
- Provides access to Gale Group biographical sources with articles from hundreds of periodicals. Allows user to search for people based on one or more personal facts such as birth and death year, nationality, ethnicity, occupation or gender, or combine criteria to create a highly-targeted custom search.
- Metasearch engine that searches a large collection of bio-oriented data sources and collects the individual Web pages into one long page that can be scanned easily and quickly.
- Bioinformatics links directory DatabaseProvides a collection of curated links to molecular resources, tools and databases for bioinformatics.
- Bioinformatics.Net: directory of bioinformatics and molecular biology Bioinformatics.Net
- BioMart FulltextBioMart is a query-oriented data management system developed jointly by the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) and the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) that enables scientists to perform advanced querying of biological data sources through a single web interface. It offers access to major biomolecular sequence, pathway and annotation databases such as Ensembl, Uniprot, Reactome, HGNC, Wormbase and PRIDE.
- Biomolecular interaction network database (BIND) Database, Users need to register for a free accountOne of the main repositories for the storage of curated descriptions of protein interactions, molecular complexes and pathways.
- BIOSIS 1926-, Thomson
- BioSupplyNet Database
- BioToolKit DatabaseA web-accessible annotated database of over 1200 online resources of interest to molecular biologists and neurobiologists.
- BioWarehouse Database SystemBioWarehouse is a relational database system for the integration of multiple bioinformatics databases. It provides a central data repository in a common representational framework within a single DB management system.
- BLAST (NCBI) NLMNucleotide or protein sequence similarity using the BLAST algorithm. BLAST compares a nucleotide sequence against the GenBank nucleotide sequence database.
- Blinkx Search EngineVideo search engine.
- bmesource.org (Biodesign) DatabaseA shared web portal for the biomedical technology design community. It provides links to 2500+ resources.
- BMJ clinical evidence Database
- A repository of expression data for tissues and cell types of Homo sapiens and Mus musculus. BioMap attempts to reflect accurately the abundance of transcripts in the original source.
- Books24x7 (Online service) DatabaseA library of ebooks on information technology, digitized and made available Online in conjunction with the original publishers. Includes selected works from major publishers such as Wiley, MIT, Cambridge University Press and many others.
- Books@Ovid OvidContains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.
- BrainInfo Database"BrainInfo combines the stereotaxic Template Atlas with the NeuroNames nomenclature to provide a comprehensive primate brain information system." NeuroNames is a semantic network of neuroanatomical nomenclature.
- BrainNavigator Database, Users must registerBrainNavigator, a 3D brain interactive software tool for research in the rodent brain, combines atlas content and 3D capabilities based on technologies from the Allen Institute for Brain Science. It provides imaging for research, education and structure analysis to allow researchers to know exactly where they are when working with the rodent brain. Login is required for every user to access personalized workspace annotation, calibration, notes sharing, 3D slice configuration, saving of 3D model configurations and planning injection or electrode implants. BrainNavigator combines atlas content and 3D capabilities based on technologies from the Allen Institute for Brain Science.
- BRENDA the comprehensive enzyme information system Univ CologneLogin Univ CologneBRENDA is the main collection of enzyme functional data available to the scientific community. It is the comprehensive enzyme database of data from primary literature sources, and includes links to literature citations, two-dimensional images, and other databases.
- Britannica Database
- Buros: Test reviews online Database
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)
A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A specialized PubMed search geared towards helping clinicians quickly access systematic reviews.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles.Provides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.A decision support tool that includes guidelines, articles, text books and drug information.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Features topic reviews that include a synthesis of the biomedical literature and specific patient care recommendations.Provides reviews of treatments for over 250 conditions that summarize the related available evidence from systematic reviews, clinical trials, observational studies and clinical practice guidelines.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central registry of Controlled Trials (CCTR) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.A major drug resource providing information organized by drug types, diseases, acute care, toxicology and alternative medicines.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.