- A to Z drug facts Ovid
- AACR meeting abstracts online HighWireSearchable database containing abstracts of the Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research.
- AAMC FACTS WebsiteSite includes information regarding medical school applicants, matriculants, and graduates from the AAMC Data Warehouse: Applicant Matriculant File (DW:AMF) and the AAMC Student Records System (SRS).
- This searchable, web-based resource includes patient handouts and other health information for children, teens, and parents from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
- AAP Policy HighWire
- Abcam DatabaseAn extensive repository of antibodies available for purchase. It provides information and purchase information for antibodies.
- ABI/INFORM global ProQuestContains content from business and management publications worldwide, covering advertising, marketing, economics, human resources, finance, taxation, computers, and more. Provides full text articles. Also provides access to information on more than 60,000 companies as well as executive profiles, reports on market conditions, and in-depth case studies of global business trends. Coverage starts from 1971 forward.
- ABLEDATA Database
- AbMiner DatabaseAbMiner is a tool that allows users to search for appropriate, commercially available antibodies (>600) for research purposes, and to match each antibody to its respective genomic identifiers. The unique feature of this antibody collection is that all antibodies are screened by Western blot. The sample used for antibody screening was a pool of the NCI-60 cancer cell lines, comprised of 60 different cell lines from 9 different tissues of origin. Besides results, AbMiner also includes the dilutions used and pertinent vendor information for all antibodies. The target antigen for each antibody was translated to the encoding gene symbol using MatchMiner. Other identifiers include gene name, HUGO status, UniGene Cluster ID, RefSeq for protein and mRNA, and Entrez Gene Ids. These identifiers are updated periodically as new information becomes available. Users can search AbMIner by any of the identifiers and easily navigate between antibody, protein, mRNA, and gene.
- A multidisciplinary database which provides full-text for scholarly publications, includes topics in the social sciences, humanities, general science, education and most areas of academic study. Abstracts and indexing provided for all journals in the collection. Coverage is from 1965 to the present.
- Access Medicine (Online service) McGraw-HillA repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.
- Access Surgery (Online service) McGraw-Hill, Limited to 50 simultaneous usersA comprehensive resource for surgical education.
- AccessMedicine (Online service) McGraw-HillA repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.
- AccessMedicine Lange Case files McGraw-HillClinical cases selected from the LANGE Case Files series, edited by Eugene C. Toy, MD.
- AccessMedicine [mobile] (Online service) McGraw-Hill, Users must create a personal profile in AccessMedicine using a non-mobile browser, and log into AccessMedicine with that username and password on the mobile device (optimized for): iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry Bold.The AccessMedicine mobile website includes Harrison's Online, CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment, Picture Galleries from Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology, Clinician's Pocket Reference: The Scut Monkey, CURRENT Practice Guidelines in Primary Care, Diagnostic Tests from Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, Quick Answers, Diagnosaurus, and Drug monographs.
- AccessScience Database
- AccessSurgery (Online service) McGraw-Hill, Limited to 50 simultaneous usersA comprehensive resource for surgical education.
- AccessUN Databaseprovides access to current and retrospective United Nations documents and publications.
- AceDB DatabaseAceDB is a genome database designed specifically for handling bioinformatic data flexibly. It includes tools designed to manipulate genomic data, but is increasingly also used for non-biological data.
- AceView NCBI
- ACM portal DatabaseThe ACM Portal provides the complete collection of citations and full text for the Association of Computing Machinery's (ACM) journals, newsletters, articles and conference proceedings.
- ACP journal club v. 136-, 2002-, Am Coll Physv. 136-, 2002- Acad Search Prem
- ACP smart medicine STAT!RefThis point-of-care decision support tool provides access to hundreds of evidence-based recommendations on diagnosis, therapy, prevention, screening and more. Includes AHFS DI Essentials.
- The Adverse Event Reporting System (AERS) contains over four million reports of adverse events and reflects data from 1969 to the present presented as summary statistics.
- AED database Database
- AffinDB DatabaseA database of affinity data for structurally resolved protein-ligand complexes from the Protein Data Bank (PDB).
- Africa-wide: NiPAD DatabaseCombines databases to form a multidisciplinary aggregation offering unique and extensive coverage of all facets of Africa and African studies. Contains over 2.4 million citations and abstracts dating back to the 16th century.
- African Index medicus Database
- African journals online DatabaseAJOL is the world's largest online collection of African-published, peer-reviewed scholarly journals. Includes TOCs, abstracts, and links to online full-text where available.
- Agilent GeneSpring tutorials DatabaseListing of self-paced tutorials on common tasks for the GeneSpring microarray analysis platform.
- AGRICOLA EBSCOIndexes current acquisitions of the National Agricultural Library, including books, serials, pamphlets, government documents, research reports, FAO and USDA publications, conference proceedings, and translations, patents, audiovisuals and technical reports. Updated monthly.
- AHCPR Guidelines NLM
- The ePSS is an application designed to help primary care clinicians identify clinical preventive services that are appropriate for their patients. Based on the current, evidence-based recommendations of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF)
- Provides browse and search access to patient safety literature, news, tools, and meetings.
- AIDSinfo Mobile Application, iPhone/iPod touch/iPad"This app is designed as a resource to help health care providers, caseworkers, community-based organization professionals, and people living with HIV/AIDS and their families understand complex HIV/AIDS terminology. AIDSinfo, a service of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), is a trusted source for information about HIV/AIDS treatment, clinical trials, and medical practice guidelines for consumers and health care providers. AIDSinfo is collectively sponsored by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)"--Website.
- Provides non-technical, technical, and Spanish language drug fact sheets on use, pharmacology, and side effects, for approved and investigational HIV/AIDS drugs.
- AOD thesaurus NIAAA
- All that JAS Iowa State UnivA categorized registry of Web resources that list or provide access to the full title of journal abbreviations or other types of abbreviated publication titles. Selected library catalogs providing abbreviated title searching have also been included.
- Allen brain atlas DatabaseThe Allen Brain Atlas (ABA) is a genome-wide image database of gene expression in the mouse brain. RNA in situ hybridization data, detailed Reference Atlases and analysis tools combine to provide a searchable digital atlas of gene expression. Presents a comprehensive online platform for exploration of the brain at the cellular and molecular level.
- ALTBIB NLMProduced from MEDLARS database searches, performed and analyzed by subject experts from the Toxicology and Environmental Health Information Program (TEHIP) of the Specialized Information Services Division (SIS) of the National Library of Medicine (NLM).The intent of the bibliography is to assist in identifying methods and procedures helpful in supporting the development, testing, application, and validation of alternatives to the use of vertebrates in biomedical research and toxicology testing.
- AMA Physician Select provides information on virtually every licensed physician in the United States and its possessions, including doctors of medicine (MD) and doctors of osteopathy or osteopathic medicine (DO). All physician credential data have been verified for accuracy and authenticated by accrediting agencies, medical schools, residency training programs, licensing and certifying boards, and other data sources.
- American hospital directory DatabaseThe directory provides comparative data for most hospitals on hospital characteristics, services, statistics, financial reports, inpatient utilization, costs and charges. The database is built from medicare claims data, cost reports, and other public use files obtained from HCFA, the Health Care Financing Administration.
- AnAge DatabaseAnAge is a curated database of ageing and life history in animals, including extensive longevity records. AnAge is useful primarily for comparative biology studies, in particular studies of longevity and ageing.
- anatomy.tv STAT!Ref, Limited to 5 simultaneous users, logoff when finished.
- AntiJen database Database"AntiJen is a database of kinetic, thermodynamic and cellular properties for immune system proteins (MHCs, T cell receptors, B cell epitopes). It stores quantitative binding data for peptides binding to MHC Ligand, TCR-MHC Complexes, T Cell Epitope, TAP, B Cell Epitope molecules and immunological Protein-Protein interactions. AntiJen also includes a Peptide Library, Copy Numbers and Diffusion Coefficient data. All entries are from published experimentally determined data. The database currently holds over 24,000 entries. No data in AntiJen is from prediction experiments."
- antimicrobe.org DatabaseIncludes information on antimicrobial therapy and alternative therapy when the drug of choice cannot be given. The resource delivers information via review articles, capsule summaries, mini-reviews, and a guided PubMed search to pick up post-publication research.
- Anywho Database
- Maintains a database of genetic and molecular biology data for the model higher plant Arabidopsis thaliana. Includes the complete genome sequence along with gene structure, gene product information, metabolism, gene expression, DNA and seed stocks, genome maps, genetic and physical markers, publications, and information about the Arabidopsis research community.
- Arctic health NLMSponsored by the National Library of Medicine's Division of Specialized Information Services. Its aim is to provide a central source of information on diverse aspects of the Arctic environment and the health of Northern peoples. Links are provided to major web resources on Arctic health and environment, both in general and by specific subject, and current articles are retrievable from the National Library of Medicine's PubMed database.
- ARRS GoldMiner ImageProvides instant access to images published in selected peer-reviewed radiology journals; allows viewers to search for images by findings, anatomy, imaging technique, and patient age and sex. It can filter the search results by imaging modality (e.g., "CT"), age, and/or sex.
- arXiv.org Database"arXiv is an e-print service in the fields of physics, mathematics, non-linear science, computer science, and quantitative biology. The contents of arXiv conform to Cornell University academic standards. arXiv is owned, operated and funded by Cornell University, a private not-for-profit educational institution. arXiv is also partially funded by the National Science Foundation."--home page.
- ASH Image bank Highwire
- ASM MicrobeLibrary search Database
- Aspergillus web site Database, Users must register
- ATCC catalogs DatabaseRecombinant materials (Clones, Hosts, Kits, Libraries, Media, Membranes, Oligonucleotides, Vectors, I.M.A.G.E. consortium clones) -- All other collections (Bacteria, Cell lines and hydridomas, Filamentous fungi and yeasts, Protozoa and algae, Seeds, Animal viruses and antisera, chlamydiae and rickettsae, plant viruses and antisera, Media formulations, Bacteriophages, Plant tissue culture.
- Atlas of dermatology DermISA dermatologic image and case report database to be used for teaching and diagnosis.
- Atlas of Gene Expression in Mouse Aging Project (AGEMAP) Database (Product Information)The Atlas of Gene Expression in Mouse Aging Project ( AGEMAP ) is a database that catalogs changes in gene expression as a function of the aging process in Mus musculus.
- Atlas of genetics and cytogenetics in oncology and haematology 1997-, I-RevuesThe Atlas of Genetics and Cytogenetics in Oncology and Haematology is a highly authoritative, peer reviewed on-line journal and database devoted to genes, cytogenetics, and clinical entities in cancer and cancer-prone diseases.
- Includes fulltext of the ATSDR Substances A-Z Listing, ATSDR ToxFAQs, Public Health Statements, and ToxProfiles for toxic substances included in the U.S. Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry.
- Avian influenza WHO
Medicine, Healthcare, Nursing, Biomedicine, Genetics
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.