Where We Are Going
Knowledge Acquisition Strategies
- Implemented by the Resource Management Team
- Maintains world class collection of resources to support research/patient care/education
- Saves time and effort of SUMC community by effectively and efficiently managing access to information resources
- Enhances discovery of and access to all digital, physical, and virtual resources
Knowledge Delivery Strategies
- Implemented by the Access Services Team
- Enhance access by providing researchers and clinicians with information with the greatest possible relevance to their specialties
- Maximize value by developing communication networks that share information effectively
Knowledge Creation & Education Strategies
Knowledge Integration Strategies
- Implemented by the Knowledge Management Team
- Establish Lane as a national leader in efforts to integrate biomedical literature resources into clinical system interfaces such as the EMR.
- Create capability for individuals and groups to annotate biomedical literature and control sharing of their annotations.
- Develop innovations for integrating Lane’s biomedical literature tools and services with informatics research to accelerate work in translating knowledge from labs to clinics.
Organizational Infrastructure Strategies
- Implemented by Lane Management Team
- Communication: increase awareness and promote communication about Lane’s services, activities and initiatives throughout the Stanford community
- Evaluation: establish a meaningful and ongoing system of evaluating our service to promote continual quality improvement of Lane services and initiatives
- Financial: create a modern funding strategy to support expanding collection and services in an increasingly digital age